[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yes ANOTHER Overwatch thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1461897284116.gif (1 MB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
1461897284116.gif
1 MB, 268x278
Am I the only one dissapointed in overwatch from a lore stand point? All these cool as hell back stories and the story of the omnic crisis and the machines gaining sentience and reaching the singularity and they made a press q/triangle to win MP shooter out of it.
No PvE where you fight when overwatch was still established and was fighting to push back the giant omnics and other war machines or fight the second omnic crisis which is still going on.
No PvP between the two different factions that split up the original overwatch led by reaper and the former boss of overwatch
No PvP with two different sets of heroes with widowmaker reaper and other TALON villians on one side and Winston tracer and the other heroes of overwatch on the other.
No. We get a simplistic shooter that doesn't even properly give a reason for reaper and winston or tracer and widowmaker fighting on the same team.
As always neo blizzard creates good lore and fucks it up at the same time.
>>
>>337073320
It was an MMO before it was turned into a team shooter. That's why the lore is so developed.
>>
>>337073691
I'm surprised how many people don't know about Titanfall. It was going to have players go about their civilian lives in the day, and then go into action as superhero-type characters at night.

Shit sounds like it could have been cash.
>>
>>337074103
Just Titan. Not Titanfall.
>>
>>337073320
Give me the TL;DR version OP
Also post more Gogo or you can just go the fuck out
>>
I wish they would make more of these cinematics and fix the fucking dialogue

god damn it is like watching a childrens show at points

>>337074103
IIRC it was Yahtzee or some other internet funnyman that said it was scrapped because the Superhero stuff was the only good part, and it limited to where you only did that stuff once a day and then you spent the rest of your time being a mechanic or whatever profession you choose
>>
>>337074278
Oh, right. Whoops. Clearly they would have had to change the name.
>>
>>337073691
>>337074103
>could have tried to save the MMO genre from mediocrity
>instead lead to the further casualization of FPS games most likely because they didn't want to possibly endanger their own cash cow of WoW
Bravo.
>>
>>337074505
>I wish they would make more of these cinematics
I think we've gotten what we're going to get. Most likely these were CG trailers for Titan that they just decided to finish to help market Overwatch.
>>
You're not the only one disappointed, OP.
>game is set in the near-future
>Tracer, the chick from that shithole London
>she's white

I mean c'mon, Blizzard, it's 2 0 1 6.
>>
>>337074793
If they canceled it there's a very good chance it was because they couldn't make it work.

Also Overwatch is great. I'm glad we got something good out of a cancelled project and it didn't all go to waste.
>>
I really bet they are going to make robot apocalypse DLC zombie mode
>>
>>337074820
They have one more in the works from the teaser

probably saving it for launch
>>
File: 200w.gif (188 KB, 200x110) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
188 KB, 200x110
>>337074887
>>
>>337075006
>They have one more in the works from the teaser
Two more.

One with Genji and Hanzo, and another with Soldier 76 and Reaper.
>>
Anyone got proof that Overwatch uses Project Titan's leftover assets?
>>
>>337073320
It's a game born from Titanfall, so no kidding the lore is all over the place. It seems like the actual game has no real impact on the lore but instead uses map objectives to kind of tell the story without any actual context.

All the real story telling seems to be done in the comics and animations, the game is just playing in that world rather than telling a story.
>>
>>337075147
hurr what is google hurr durr im retarded durr
>>
>>337075315
I mean Titan. Shit.
>>
If they want to tell a story why do they waste the money on these comics rather than making a campaign mode that gradually updates
>>
>>337074956
>If they canceled it there's a very good chance it was because they couldn't make it work
>because they couldn't make it work.
more like "because they couldn't milk the shit out of their players"
>>
>>337075081
>One with Genji and Hanzo
I've been looking forward to this. They're both brothers and ex yakuza members.
>>
>>337075405
>because they couldn't milk the shit out of their players
How could they not figure that out, they've pretty much mastered that. Makes no sense.
>>
>>337073320

>BH6, Good Dinosaur, Zootopia

why aren't they making good games of these IP?
>>
>>337075405
Or because it just wasn't coming together.

Not everything has some nefarious meaning behind it. Sometimes things are just as they seem. They couldn't make a good game as an MMO so they scrapped it and recycled assets for this.
>>
>>337075402
that would take way more time to make than comics
>>
>>337075402
Might be future content, with episodes featuring one character.
But would the way heroes play even work in an single player campaign?
>>
>>337073320
They don't really make sense. Like how are Diva/Lucio even a thing? Like surely there are other people in that world with access to the same equipment.

>freedom fighter
do they not fight with bullets where he comes from?
>>
File: GOGO.png (195 KB, 429x673) Image search: [Google]
GOGO.png
195 KB, 429x673
>>337073320
>>337074498
post more before the mods make this thread gogo
>>
File: 1461854852685.png (203 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461854852685.png
203 KB, 500x500
>multiplayer game
>lore
please don't
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.