[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of TV should I get if I want good quality AND small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: chadcrib[1].jpg (95 KB, 1020x699) Image search: [Google]
chadcrib[1].jpg
95 KB, 1020x699
What kind of TV should I get if I want good quality AND small input lag?

Ive been using a CRT my whole life, and while the quality is outdated, the lightning fast response times while playing fighters and such are wonderful.

Every HDTV Ive used has had noticeably more input lag and thus I can never get myself to buy one.

Are there any HDTVs with response times of CRTs out there?

I don't need crazy high definition either, just something good enough to see long distances in FPS games (my 20yo one has gotten fuzzy)
>>
File: sony-crt-thunder-force-iii-01[1].jpg (416 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
sony-crt-thunder-force-iii-01[1].jpg
416 KB, 1280x1280
>>
>>337071834
>That Gordon Freeman peeking around the television
10/10 setup Anon.
>>
144hz monitors have the least input lag
>>
File: 1432327522079.jpg (11 KB, 223x255) Image search: [Google]
1432327522079.jpg
11 KB, 223x255
>using a clunky, ugly, shitty crt because muh input lag
>>
>>337072321
I just cant play on anything less responsive after playing on one for so long

It feels like I have to try and compensate for input lag when Im playing on other peoples more modern TVs. Fucks me up
>>
>>337071327
Yo I let my mom's old lady friend borrow my 1080p CRT because all she did was watch cable and I didn't want to give up my triple monitor setup for some HD fucking NBC shit she was watching. I found out yesterday she moved outta state with it a few weeks ago.

Fucking white people. You let them borrow something and they think they own it, like America.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2 MB, 2351x1500) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2 MB, 2351x1500
>>
>>337073113
Lmao sounds like she thought it was a gift

What kind of TV was it? 1080p CRT sounds great, Ive never seen what HD CRT looks like
>>
Hd crts have terrible input lag. For 1080 I use an Evo recommended Asus pic monitor. For old school stuff I go with an sd Sony.
>>
>>337071327
sony fw900 is probably what you want. it has vga and rgb-bnc. if you need hdmi just by a decent monitor with <2ms input lag. all tvs i know have bad input lag. i got some sony kdl 50w805 which is known to have low input lag for a tv, around 16ms. which is too much, far too much, to play any game which requires some sort of fast reaction.
>>
>>337073306
It was some Sony Triniton. I'm not a huge CRT guy, I just saw that my PS2/Softmodded xbox games looked like shit on my HDTV so I dusted it off from the basement ages ago.
>>
>>337073805
>sony fw900
What's the best next thing after this?
>>
>>337074054
it depends on the connectivity and resolution/aspect ratio you want. its probably easy to find a very nice 4:3 720p monitor for 10 bucks. look for a sony triniton, these have always been nice.

if you want widescreen, it will get expensive. i do not know the next best in comparison to the fw900, but my guess would be that every widescreen hd crt monitor is probably pretty good, they cost quite a bit of money when they came out. also look for used professional equipment like a DT-V1910CGU. i remember that some anons were lucky and got something nice pretty cheap.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.