[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aside from the fuckton of basically recycled two-phase bosses,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: skeleton-wheel.jpg (74 KB, 334x521) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-wheel.jpg
74 KB, 334x521
Aside from the fuckton of basically recycled two-phase bosses, Dark Souls 3 was pretty fun. Which bosses were most memorable to yall?
>>
Prince "pssssht, nothing personnel kid" Lorian was cool.

Abyss Watchers were kinda easy but I liked the idea of an army of undead constantly fighting the abyss.
>>
File: 1382918116524.gif (997 KB, 499x700) Image search: [Google]
1382918116524.gif
997 KB, 499x700
Yhorm, Oceiros and THE CHAMP were the cool ones
the rest were OK
>>
Slashing at that tree's crotch was certainly something.
>>
Abyss watchers
>strugle to kill them
>it was only the first phase
>that fucking flame sword
After that the two phase gimmick got a little old. Nameless king was great though.
>>
>>337069891
Dat Ass Boss
>>
That giant skelly whos legs didnt work was pretty nice
>>
File: vlc-2014-03-18-15-35-02-10.jpg (150 KB, 1600x902) Image search: [Google]
vlc-2014-03-18-15-35-02-10.jpg
150 KB, 1600x902
>>337069891
>recycled bosses

What fucking recycled bosses? Did you accidentally play Dark Souls 2 instead? 3 is the only game in the series that actually doesn't recycle any boss fights.
>>
>>337070384
Nameless King was great. I've been puttng my summon sign down for him, but he gets beaten too quickly when he's ganked.
>>
Yhorm with Siegward was easy. But Yhorm's lore makes him the coolest character in Dark Souls 3.
>>
The Nameless king
>>
>>337071143
>actually doesn't recycle any boss fights
>2 Gundyr fights

Granted they have different phase 2 fights but come on anon. They're the same character
>>
>>337071496
Actually didn't think of him while posting that, but the Champ was acceptable due to how challenging and cool he was.
>>
File: DS396.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS396.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
The bosses that won on memorability were:

Twin Princes
Nameless King
Pontiff Sulayvahn
Oceiros
Abyss Watchers
Champion Gundyr
Yhorm
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Aldrich
Soul of Cinder

Overall I'd say the game did a pretty great job with the bosses.
>>
File: Artificial Difficulty.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Artificial Difficulty.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>337071738
Man fuck that guy
>>
>>337071738
Dark Souls 3 had the best boss design in the series, despite also having the easiest bosses in the series. There's no fucking question about that. Hopefully the new DLC bosses won't disappoint.
>>
All the between-bonfires content has been up to par with previous games, but 3 averages the best roundup of bossfights on the whole. In my opinion, of course.

I cant really pick a favorite but I can also say that none of them so far have been "THAT CHEAP FUCKING CUNT GRRRRAGAAGAH", of which all previous installments had at least three each.
>>
>>337072014
>summoning for the easiest boss in the game
>>
>>337072014
Why would you even walk towards him when he's puking =?
>>
>>337072035
I'd disagree there, I think DS3's bosses are easily harder than DeS, DS1 and 2. They were a lot less mechanically complex, and I felt they were only really hard for me then as a result of my unfamiliarity with the series.

BB depends I guess, but I generally found the non-dlc content relatively easy.
>>
Nameless King, Champ, Lothric Twins, and Soul of Cinder were all great. Ocerios and Skellyman were cool and memorable, fuck gimmick fight haters.

The rest were all pretty bland, especially after in my opinion Bloodborne had the best bosses by far, with the only really bad one being the One Reborn and Rom pre-patch. Rom is good now though.
>>
>>337072143
When he climbs up and reaches the end you can't escape it
>>
>>337072014
>running in the the mist that will obviously hurt you

What the actual fuck
>>
>The gundyrs
>Old Demon King
>Dancer.
>Alrich

All other bosses had trial and error bullshit that blindsides you during the second phase. These were the only demons tier bosses.
>>
>>337069891
>Nameless king's hand trembles when he has to kill his dragon
I hate this game though
>Enemies do more damage and can put out hits through your hits
>have stun lock for days while there being none for you
>Enemies have 4 to 5 of the same enemy close by for ganking
>have 2 or so of a different enemy type close by for extra ganking
>>
>>337072180
Rom is still BoC tier

Micolash, Hemwick Witches, Celestial Emissary are all garbage as well
>>
File: 1416453140449.jpg (119 KB, 800x707) Image search: [Google]
1416453140449.jpg
119 KB, 800x707
>>337072014
How retarded can you be
>>
>>337071143
all of them are basic humanoid with big weapon that does 3 hit combo, DS3 is literally garbo and why hype is already dead lol
>>
>>337069891

>Aside from the fuckton of basically recycled two-phase bosses

What? I don't even know what you're trying to say. Are you suggesting that most bosses having two phases is "recycling" the same boss? Or that they recycle the idea of having two phases, which is unquestionably better than just having one phase?
>>
>>337072014
>starts vomiting ominous smoke
>doesn't run away
you asked for it, I mean complaining about dying like that is dsp-tier
his real bullshit move is charging forward, leaving the abyss in his wake, and if you don't see it happening and drop everything to run with him then you're fucked
>>
>>337072381
>AWOOOOOOOOOOOO

Least favorite boss.
>>
>>337072035
When will the dlc come out? This year? I'm still waiting for my season pass to activate.
>>
>>337072495
but some are hunched over so they get a pass
>>
>>337072381
Rom is not BoC tier at all. Bed of Chaos was complete unfair horse shit, but Rom is perfectly fair, unique, and very atmosphere and has great lore.
>inb4 sonygger
I also loved the Duke's Dear Freja.

Witch of Hemwick is a fun little mind fuck, I don't see why you'd have a problem with it. Micolash is great, a completely unique, bizarre, funny fight and easily the most memorable character in the whole game. He can be a bit irritating to chase on consecutive playthroughs though.

Not every fight has to be Artorias.
>>
>>337072495
>BB bosses
>all hit you with a claw in a 3 hit combo

BB is literally garbo and why no one is talking about it lol
>>
>>337071143
You know what's funny? Until Scholar of the First Sin came out I actually thought that was slime/acid in there room, not gold treasures.
>>
>>337072014
I think this game is genuinely unfair but this is 100% your fault, i never died to this boss.
>>
>>337072338
The only objectively shit bosses in Dark Souls 3 are Old Demon King, Ancient Wyvern and Deacons. As for the rest, git gud.
>>
>>337071230
i would have liked to kill the nameless king alone but try as i might i literally could not land a hit on his fucking dragon's head

at least summoning two dudes to fight him was fun, though the best part was the phantom in dragonslayer armor pointed to me as if to say "you the man" after the fight was over

good times
>>
Complaining about Gundyr being recycled is worse than complaining about the Stray Demon and Asylum Demon. Stray Demon is literally just a recolored Asylum Demon with AoE.
And I just remembered there was ANOTHER fat assed demon, the Firesage Demon or whatever the fuck it was called in the Demon Ruins.
>>
File: pp2.jpg (58 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
pp2.jpg
58 KB, 640x960
>>337072214

I actually survived this when i beat him in NG+. Rolled like a madman in one of the corners and didn't take any damage. He even started this climbing move once more which made him move into the wall at the end of the room and I had to hit the rocks in hope of scratching his hitbox somehow.

Also heard of someone who ran around him. This fight has some severe bugs.
>>
>>337072729
Old demon king was easy as hell but shit? I don't think so. Meteor was cool.
>>
>>337069891
didn't feel the bosses were recycled at all. loved them. best in the series by far

do wish the game had a boss run mode, there's no excuse not to anymore. i'm not going to run the game over and over to refight bosses. the levels aren't fun to play, even though the bosses are fun to fight
>>
>>337072809
Champion Gundyr was a "recycled" boss done right. It did not feel like an afterthought compared to many of the shitty late game bosses in 1 and 2.
>>
>>337072381

Micolash would be fine were it not for his absurdly damage-boosted A Call Beyond with infinite QS Bullets. Witch of Hemwick was fun too.

Sometimes I feel like people shit on these encounters because the series has a lot of awesome traditional, 1v1 duel bossfights, and they hold them both to the same kinds of standards.
>>
deacons of the deep is pretty high tier just for the fact that they finally made the "room full of dudes" boss fight actually a cool fight
>>
>>337072839
i tried the fight like 15 times losing every time until i finally got a run where he

>summoned skeletons immediately
>then pulled the sword out 30 seconds into the fight (what the fuck)
>backed me up against the wall within 3 minutes

yet that was the time i beat him.

I got killed by his elbows and his hands hitting me in ways they shouldnt have at least 10 times. badly carried out boss.
>>
>>337072660
>this meme again
there are genuine complaints to make about Bloodborne, boss variety is not one of them.
>le claw werewolf bosses
10, and they are actually really varied and different
>other bosses
>>
>>337072585
You hit the nail on the head with Micolash. It was definitely the extra playthroughs that made me hate fighting him. First time was awesome.

The Witches are okay. It's not really a hard at all, and not super memorable, but fun and also necessary.
>>
>>337072585
Micolash is literally a shitty npc hunter who's gimmick fight-run can be solved in a minute before he decides whether you are going to get lucky with an i-frame and not get instantly killed by his magic that he will repetetively spam again and again.

If you want an example of a fight where the atmosphere, dialogue and nature of the fight all interweave to create something truly special, a mad half dragon devolving into a deranged beast, perfectly represented by music, dialogue, and boss mechanics, look no further than Oceiros.

Micolash is honestly the worst fight in Bloodborne, and arguably only a slight step up from BoC tier.

Rom is certainly a unique boss in design.

But also a very, very shit one, don't even try to defend it.

It's a largely immobile turd who's difficulty comes solely from the many, many spider minions he has who do ridiculous amounts of damage with very light looking attacks, there's no defence here. On top of this after his second phase it will literally just spam magic attacks again and again randomly, or spaz out at close range for attacks which yet again do ridiculously large amounts of damage for little to reason on a visual sense, which is both unsatisfying in terms of difficult but also visual-gameplay feedback.

It's definetely on par with the bed of chaos for terrible boss realisation, and I couldn't believe it when I first entered the fight, it must have had a second form or some shit I thought.

Witches of Hemwick is shit, stop being a fanboy.
>>
>>337073087

he's got a sword? never saw it.
>>
>>337073126
I was merely applying the posters deranged generalisation to bloodborne to show how easy it is.
>>
>>337073087
>grave wardens start getting summoned
Just fucking end me, Wolnir.
>>
Objective boss tier list
>Top in soulborn games
Nameless king
Champion Gundyr
Dancer
Princes

>Top tier in game
Abyss watcher
Oceiros
Pontiff
Dragon slayer armor
Soul of Cinder

>Decent tier
Aldrich
Vordt
Old demon

>Shit tier
Sage

>Tutorial tier
Iudex Gundyr

>>>> This is the double lightning dog line. Every bosses below this line are worse than the double lightning dogs.

>Mob tier
Deacons

>Gimmick tier
Tree
High lord Wolnir aka skelly

>Ruined by gimmick tier
Wyvern
Yhorm
>>
>>337073240
It's physically impossible to beat Micolash in a minute, what are you talking about?
>rom
>spam magic attacks randomly
he has HUGE tells for his magic attacks, all of which are totally unavoidable. Her spiderlings also don't do shit if you properly space yourself, which is what the fight is all about.

It is nowhere near Bed of Chaos, which is genuinely unfair.
>>
>>337073454
>Oceiros top tier
Try garbage shit tier.
>>
>>337073359
Oh. What he said about DaS III was quite retarded as well.
>>
>>337073087
>>337073379
What the fuck, he can summon enemies? I killed him in like 30 seconds and he just shot a mist that couldn't kill me if I stood outside his arms.
>>
>>337073454
There was really nothing wrong with Greatwood or Wolnir, despite them being probably the easiest in the game if you know what to do. Literally Zelda bosses, which is actually something new for the Souls series.

Why the fuck must you shit on anything that strays from the usual formula?
>>
>>337073454
They did some pretty bad reusing on the bosses. I wanted to like Oceiros and Abyss Watchers but all I could think of was how they were just bitch-tier versions of Ludwig and Maria. It really took away from it overall.
>>
>>337073538
The gimmick part of the fight, the "fight-run" I was referring to" , can be solved so easily and quickly it adds little to nothing to the fight.

And when you do get to the fight, it's pitiful uncreative bullshit.

While the attacks are easy to dodge for anyone who has experience, the ebrietas spam and call beyond are both very fast acting abilities, and do insane, if not insta-kill, damage.

This is in essence the same level of bullshit lazy design that went into the BoC fight.

Rom is no different.

You mention the fight is about spacing yourself.

Which is true, but this still doesn't justify why the spiderlings can do like 70% of the average players health in one of their hits when there is so many of them. It's just poor design to make up for the boss itself being obviously rushed or simply poorly thought out.

There's just no defence here.
>>
>>337073269
shit gets incredibly real when he pulls the sword out, he then holds his right arm off the ground with the sword so you almost never get a chance to hit the bangles again. he can drive it into the ground for an attack that hits almost the entire screen and totally obscures your view

>>337073783
yeah he can summon fucking slashy gravelord skeletons, respawning skeletons, etc
>>
I fucking loved champ gundyr and dragonslayer armor, such cool fights.
>>
>>337073454

>Wyvern
>Ruined by gimmick

Saved by Gimmick. Slashing at a Dragon's toes would make for a shitty fight, and if it would play out anything like King of the Storm, then it'd be a terrible fight.

I imagine most people wouldn't bitch about Ancient Wyvern so much if it were just a stage obstacle like other Dragons in the series, but this time around they actually gave you a cool, fast way to kill it instead of whittling it's health down with arrows.
>>
>>337073956
Call beyond and Augur are both ludicrously telegraphed and easily disrupted.

As I said, Rom is like that to test your spacing. The spiderlings are very unaggressive and do not swarm you.
>>
>>337069891
The only boss I vividly remember is Mega Skeleton. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>337073878
>I wanted to like Oceiros and Abyss Watchers but all I could think of was how they were just bitch-tier versions of Ludwig and Maria.

This is probably the reason why FROM wants to stop making these kind of games. It's literally impossible to satisfy you shitheads. If they do gimmick bosses, faggots like >>337073454 will bitch regardless, and if they do more humanoid bosses, fags like you and >>337072495 bitch about that as well.

Maybe it's for the best they kill the series after all.
>>
>>337074262
You played the game while you were stoned or something?
And of all the bosses you remembered the fucking skeletons? Did you "play" the game on youtube?
>>
>>337070040
>Lorian
>"nothing personel" guy

Please, that's the Abyss Watchers.
They're just real bad at it.
>>
>>337074318
Do you really think that FROM/Miyazaki really listen to people? They do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>337074172
No, they're not at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3aeU4HNAV8

A call beyond is much fairer with it's telegraph to a newer player, but they still wouldn't be sure on the dodge forward to escape mechanism that works every time.

Augur of ebrietas however is very quick, and the huge damage micolash causes with it is in no way justified.

This all doesn't really even take away from the fact that Micolash fight is just lazy in every sense.

Roms fight is shit because it has tons of minions that do 90% health damage, every single one of her attacks does 90% health damage, and it's mechanically very simple

It's just awful
>>
>>337074370
Sorry if I don't have pleasant memories of "roll sideways and jam my sword up their arse" boss #354 anon. The bosses were dogshit in this entry.
>>
Bloodborne is better
>>
>>337074557
Sorry you have just described every soulborn game ever. You shouldn't have played the game at all.
>>
>>337074318
Nigger I can tell you didn't play Bloodborne. I love gimmick bosses and I love humanoid bosses but Oceiros LITERALLY reused many moves from Ludwig while being far, far easier and less interesting. Abyss Watchers Phase 2 was the exact same gimmick as Maria but with less health, less aggressive, less range, and slower.

I loved many other bosses in DaS III but Oceiros and AW phase 2 were totally recycled
>>
File: clip (2015-05-31 at 11.27.04).jpg (44 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
clip (2015-05-31 at 11.27.04).jpg
44 KB, 512x384
>mfw I killed Wyvern by smacking his ankles for half an hour
>>
>>337074669
If it makes you feel better, I like the game very much outside of boss fights.
>>
>>337073878
How the fuck did you immediately think oceiros was like Ludwig?

If anything the first half of the fight is more like a weird version of the asylum demon fights and the second half is like a mix of sanctuary guardian and the blood starved beast.

Thematically they're similar through opposites I guess, but I fail to see how this would ever be the thoughts coming out of the fight.
>>
>>337074557
>Sorry if I don't have pleasant memories of "roll sideways and jam my sword up their arse" boss #354 anon. The bosses were dogshit in this entry.

I'm curious to hear what your definition of a "good" Souls boss is then. Go on, let's hear it.
>>
>>337074545
Augur is the only move where he sticks his arm straight out. He sticks it straight out, quite slowly, and it glows blue, and then the slow, narrow tentacles come out, and even walking to the side dodges it. It also gives you a free opportunity to stunlock him for your entire stamina bar.
>>
>>337074042
>shit gets incredibly real when he pulls the sword out, he then holds his right arm off the ground with the sword so you almost never get a chance to hit the bangles again. he can drive it into the ground for an attack that hits almost the entire screen and totally obscures your view

sounds like the game's punishing you for not killing him as quickly as he's meant to be killed
>>
>>337074467
Man I had an amazing video of an execution and deleted it by mistake.
>invadind as grapeknight after pontiff
>aldrichfag also invading
>He breaks host defence with R1 spam
>We both close in to riposte
>We both stab and kick the host at the same time plunging him to his death

Man that moment felt epic.
>>
>>337074725
As soon as I laid the first strike on him I knew it was some Yhorm shit. I hope you did it as some form of challenge (tedium) and not because you legitimately thought "This is the way. This is intentional."
>>
>>337074840
I don't have one because as that other guy said that's all the bosses in the souls series. Outside of dumb gimmick shit like the fire bug tree thing.
>>
>>337074831
I got him through phase 1 so fast I hardly noticed anything he did, but phase 2 was ludwig.
>exact same headbutts/charges
>same claw swipes
>identical breath attack
and the scream he made in his intro cutscene sounded like a pitch-shifted ludwig shriek.
>>
>>337074964
Then as the other anon stated, you shouldn't even have bothered with this series at all.
>>
>>337074703
Oceiros's weapon phase plays literally nothing like ludwig the holy blade.

Oceiros's second phase is much more spasmic and floaty like the blood starved beast, while he also has flying attacks.

Ludwig is really not very similar apart from them both looking weird.

I can see where you are coming from with abyss watchers, but it was a useful way of keeping with the fire/ember feeling that all the lords of cinder had, while also making it appropriate in difficulty for a relatively early boss.
>>
>>337075060
But then like I said, I enjoy the rest of the game. Keep up my man, the info is all there.
>>
This fight was pretty much perfect, especially when summoning Orbeck
>>
File: DS-other-3068127.jpg (140 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
DS-other-3068127.jpg
140 KB, 900x600
>>337073454
I agree with list, except for gimmick tier and Deacons.
Vatican parade is good mob fight. It has neat design and music. Same situation with Tree and Wolnir.
DS3 bosses for me on pair with vanilla BB (atmosphere-wise Twins or NK even can beat OH bosses).

Wywern is shit, too bad DS3 hasn`t any decent dragon boss. Also, there isn`t any newbie killer like Capra, Papa G or Sentinels.
>>
>>337074913
to repeat, he's capable of pulling the sword out within 30 seconds

and to repeat again, you go fight him with the great axe faggot. ppl who didnt go through this game with the great axe and heavy armor builds can fuck off

i'm sure everything was so hard with your longsword and its huge sweeping hitbox that hits everything for 2 miles
>>
>Recycled bosses
Who?

Gundyr was recycled but the second version is a totally different fight. Abyss Watchers are basically a modified Maria. And I guess Ocerios is Orphan of Kos?
>>
>>337075083
They share a lot of moves, my main point wasn't them being identical, it was just the fact that Oceiros was already so easy that when he used Ludwig moves it just reminded me how easy Oceiros was when Ludwig was so hard.
>>
File: best brother.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
best brother.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
>>337075246
wew
>>
>>337075323
>Recycled bosses

I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by this as well. I guess OP struggles to refrain from some degree of shitposting each time he needs to post a new thread.
>>
>>337069891
What is it with this two-phase meme? Is having a second phase a bad trait for a boss now?
>>
>>337069891
The Abyss Watchers
The Pontiff
The Champ
The Nameless King
They were good and memorable.

The Princes were just an easier version of the Throne Watcher/Defender from DS2.
The Crystal Sage was shit and gets rehashed in the archives.
Vordt was shit and gets rehashed several times throughout the game.
Dancer was okay.
Iudex Gundyr is a good tutorial boss.
Yhorm, Tree, Deacons, Wolnir and Ancient Wyvern are all lame gimmicky bosses.
Old Demon King is just a slightly different Smelter Demon from DS2.
Aldrich is also rehashed stuff and also too easy.
Dragonslayer Armour was a little bit tough but nothing a bit of rolling solved
Oceiros is shit
Soul of Cinder is shit.
>>
I doubt anyone agrees with my opinion but I found the Deacons of the Deep to be one of the best boss fights in the game. The fight was drenched in atmosphere and if you have a weapon lacking in a sweeping attack it's pretty tense as they keep busting out more and more attacks and the super pope appears.
>>
>>337075324
They have slightly similar movesets, that's really all there is.

Oceiros in his second phase is more floaty and all over the place than ludwig, he's prone to using his spinning attack, flying crystal breath attack, and his breath attack which is nothing like ludwig's breath, neither is it very threatening, oceiros's foward slashy attack is where I'm guessing you're getting the majority of your comparison muddled up, and even then, oceiros's is much less focussed on the player, as he is supposed to be going literally berserk, which is why he had that weird feeling of not actually focussing on the player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BMVgkz4Fs

I agree that ludwig is a better boss mechanically, but they really aren't recycling the moveset here like you are memeing.
>>
>>337075386
Yup
Not the most difficult, but I always feel badass whenever I dodge Lorian's swings. Music is perfect too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s
>>
>>337072729
Old Demon King is just similar to Aldrich in that it's entirely a fight of positioning yourself. ODK uses pyromancies and lava attacks if you hang out close to him, and uses the ring of fire or lunges if too far away. Stay at the middle distance, bait the hammer or meteors, then go after him. His meteors behave similarly to the meteors of the Living Failures fight so just use the demon corpses for cover.
>>
>>337075386
RISE
>>
>>337075618
Princes were far harder than throne shitters, they had better music, a better arena and were far more memorable and genuinely satisfying to fight, and actually for the first time made a fair two boss at once fight. In essence it's the throne watcher/defender revive mechanic done right.
>>
>>337075686
I literally just said that all I meant was the couple of reused moves took me out of it because they made me think of how Ludwig was way better.
>>
>>337075618
>all gimmick bosses are shit by default

Can we end this fucking meme?
>>
>>337075386
so the skinny shit was supposed to be a lord of cinder but he got avian flu from his sister or some shit? why wasn't Lorian made to be a Lord? isn't he a fucking bad-ass that killed the demon prince by himself or some shit.
>>
>>337075618
The ONLY similarity princes and throne shits have is the revival mechanic. That's like saying Velstadt and Garl Vinland are the same for both using a hammer.
>>
>>337075618
>Dragonslayer Armour was a little bit tough but nothing a bit of rolling solved

I found DS Armour easy and aldrich to be very hard. What build did you use?
>>
File: 1384740828123.jpg (73 KB, 313x382) Image search: [Google]
1384740828123.jpg
73 KB, 313x382
>>337075618

>The Princes were just an easier version of the Throne Watcher/Defender
>Old Demon King is just a slightly different Smelter Demon
>That whole post

Christ you're dumb.
>>
>>337075889
Name a good gimmick boss. Not that anon.
>>
>>337075830
But the fight isn't a reused version of ludwig in any way shape or form, in fact there are many other bosses in the series that are much more comparable which would have come to mind faster.

I think the ludwig comparison, mechanically especially is really, really reaching.

They aren't "Reused" in any sense either.
>>
>>337075629
Even if you're objectively wrong because Deacons is garbage you've at least realized one thing that many people don't which is your mileage will vary wildly with bosses depending on what kind of weapon you use. If you don't mention what kind of character you play as any comment you make on a boss is usually meaningless.
>>
File: Vordt of the Boreal Valley.gif (2 MB, 272x204) Image search: [Google]
Vordt of the Boreal Valley.gif
2 MB, 272x204
>>
>>337075890
he (big bro) accepted his little twink brother's curse because linking the flame be pointless n' shit
kids these days I tell you hwat, always crippling themselves and moaning about life being 'too hard'
>>
>>337075961
Yhorm, Tree and Wolnir were all perfectly fine gimmick bosses both aesthetically and atmospherically, with the exception of some wonky hit boxes on the Greatwood. Fite me.
>>
>>337072662
It's okay anon, I thought it was dead leaves.

Honestly how FROM thought that treasure looked good is beyond me.
>>
>>337075890
Look at their kingdom. Crazy Deep worshippers, crazy angel worshippers, crazy father, civil war, crazy dickhead Pontiff. There wasn`t any reason to prolong current cycle.
>>
>>337076150
They are, but if a fight isn't a 10/10 5+ hours of dying fight for people who have over 5000 hours in souls games then they are immediately shit.
>>
>>337076150
>Yhorm
>Run to the over side, pick up the weapon and deal with him (or do sieg's quest and make it even easier)

>Tree
>Attack it's weak points for massive damage

>Wolnir
>>
File: a6e.png (347 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
a6e.png
347 KB, 600x660
>>337069891
Abyss watchers and Soul of Cinder because the music is GOAT in both of those fights
>>
>>337075386
Do you think they were gay for each other? Can we at least get some futa porn of them?
>>
>>337075950
How's that dumb?
>>
Deacons of the Deep is underrated. It's a mob boss done right.
>>
>>337076285
>>Tree
>>Attack it's weak points for massive damage
>>Wolnir
>>Attack it's weak points for massive damage

Yeah, and? I'm just glad they're innovating this time around and are coming up with more than just generic humanoid enemies where instead your only strategy is to roll to the right, hit and repeat.
>>
>>337076051
Where the fuck is king lothric anyways? dont tell me oceiros the furfag king is lothric.
>>337076261
I guess you're right but why did Loran have to turn into a fucking cripple? can you imagine a boss fight with him at full power?
>>
>>337075920
Not that anon, but I found DS to be difficult as fuck while I killed Aldrich in about 5 tries.

If I recall correctly, I used a simple vig/strength build and wailed on Aldrich with a heavy broadsword +6.
>>
>>337071143
Demon's Souls also doesn't recycle any bosses.
>>
>>337076386
please that's hardly "innovating"
>>
>>337076397
oceiros is king lothric
>>
>>337076397
King Lothric = Prince Lothric. That's what his whole story about his destiny to be a Lord of Cinder was about.
>>
>>337076292
DO you have brothers? do you want to fuck your brothers? fucking sick motherfuckers , everything has to be about gay and incest , I hope you die the worst possible way.
>>
File: asdhafbasd.png (60 KB, 306x527) Image search: [Google]
asdhafbasd.png
60 KB, 306x527
>>337076471
>>337076469
>>
>>337075998
I suppose I can agree with that. I first fought Deacons with the Large Club and it made my dick rock hard. If feel like if I used a caestus or a poking weapon I'd hate the shit out of it. I had a super hard time with Nameless and Abyss Walkers due to the slow speed though.
>>
>>337076397
Probably Lothric was in really bad state and curse sharing was the only way to save him from death.
>>
>>337074914
Grapes have some of the best stories.
>Summoned to the world of Guts in Archives
>We begin the long trek up
>Invaded
>Guts had summoned 2 Grapes
Well, 3 but the 3rd one died to the fucking Sage before getting to us.
>Decide to kill the host and get us all our rewards
>Other Grape turns on me, it's at that spot just after the dark stairway up, so Sage is shitting magic all over us as well
>End up solo fighting the host, he's worse than me and I'm awful
>Other Grape is fighting Invader
>Invader kills him, join me
>I land the killing blow with a Scythe Weapon Art of all fucking things and kill the host
>Me and the Invader take a Sage rain and die as I cheer and he goes for a backstab on me
It's surprisingly thrilling.
>>
>>337075998
>twinblades with pontiff left eye equipped
>literally invincible
Like slicing through butter.
>>
>>337076285
I remember thinking that breaking Wolnir's shackles would free him and start a phase two of the fight. It was so fucking infuriating when I realized it was just a really big Pinwheel.

That being said I do like the lore reason behind breaking the shackles killing him.
>>
>>337076469
>oceiros is king lothric

Did you ever bother to read the back of the big throne in Firelink Shrine? Lothric's head goes on it, not Oceiros. It's Lothric.
>>
>>337072014

When you see that smoke, YOU GO THE OTHER FUCKING DIRECTION.
>>
>>337076259
I don't think they thought anything in DaS II looked good, I think the game was meant for PS4/XB1 but very late in development Bamco forced them to downgrade it. The REMOVAL of the lighting clearly revealed many things that weren't meant to be seen, like disgusting, vile tiling textures, the bottoms of structures disappearing into an abyss, and random awful textures/models.
>>
>>337076292
It's called being a good brother you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1453845044441.gif (993 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1453845044441.gif
993 KB, 540x540
>>337076291
>fighting Soul of Cinder and syncing it such that the second phase starts right when Gwyn's theme hits
Unless DS3 is made such that hitting certain HP marks will automatically cause the song to bridge to the next part, then what I did wasn't all that special, but goddamn if that isn't good sound design.
>>
>can't get Champion Gundyr's moveset

Feels fucking bad
>>
>>337076285

As opposed to "attack anywhere for good damage"?

Weak points are a good solution for giant bosses. A small, fast boss is all about when you strike, so it makes sense for a larger, slower boss to be about where you strike. It adds some variety to the boss strategies, and removes issues like "I poked this giant's ankles until it died." (Although I guess it doesn't fix that for the actual giants you fight.)
>>
THE BEST FIGHT IN THE SERIES IS EXECUTIONER'S CHARIOT

FUN GIMMICK AND THEN A REAL BOSS FIGHT
>>
>>337076805
you can't secede someone who is alive, retard. until the point that oceiros is killed, oceiros is king lothric. unless you believe gwynevere was impregnated by prince lothric and gave birth to prince lothric.
>>
>>337076502
You're obviously new here. You will be like us in time.
>>
>>337076880
>Unless DS3 is made such that hitting certain HP marks will automatically cause the song to bridge to the next part,
that's actually a pretty common thing to do.
>>
>>337076880
>SoC always gets you in that crazy wombo combo right when the gwyn piano kicks in
MY DICK
>>
>>337076887
Gotta save something to warrant the DLC, yaknow?
>>
>>337076880
>Unless DS3 is made such that hitting certain HP marks will automatically cause the song to bridge to the next part

of course they did anon
>>
>>337076945
You ever consider the possibility that he was presumed dead, retard? Thus the name "Consumed King"?
>>
>>337076964
yeah, but I'm mostly a PvE player and not big on NG+. So end game shit kinda sucks. I like being able to use weapons for the majority of the game
>>
File: sDg3zNT.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1400) Image search: [Google]
sDg3zNT.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1400
>>337076964
LIKE MY FUCKING ARMOR.
>>
>>337076920
Nowhere near best in the series but definitely my favorite Dark Souls 2 vanilla boss. Cool gimmick that leads to a decent actual fight, and very atmospheric with an actual lore context.

One of the most underrated bosses for sure.
>>
>>337076617
OCELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTE!
>>
>>337076962
>>337077025
I figured. I don't care, though, still love it.
>>
>>337076805
You're an idiot, it's for Prince Lothric. King Lothric has to be Oceiros. And Ocelotte is either Yorshka or Prince Lothric with a new name.
>>
>>337077029
of course he wasn't presumed dead, retard. who do you think put him in the garden off by himself?

>hay u guyz we presume da king is ded even tho he 40 feet away

and you fucking have the gall to write the word "retard"
>>
>>337074086
you can aim for his head to do decent damage, but you're still right.
>>
OCELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>337076945
>you can't secede someone who is alive
yes you can, it's called abdication
>>
>>337077029
not that anon but isn't that referring to him being consumed by madness?
>>
>>337077136
eh. hearing that bling blong blong was not a thing that hit the right spot for me.

would rather they never brought that back. yes, i get it, gwyn is the strongest of all souls and exerts higher influence on the soul of cinder. I get it. I understand.

dont need it pushed into my ears
>>
>>337074703
Watchers really should've been just a huge ass fight with 6 or more dudes all hitting each other.
>>
>>337074941
I gotta say the "try plunging attack" messages on the floor even though I had no internet kinda put me on the right track even before the boss showed up.
>>
>>337076945
Lothric isn't their last name, you dolt. Oceiros would be the King OF Lothric. He would not be King Lothric but King Oceiros.
>>
>>337077189
Revolver?
>>
>>337073454
Wyvern shouldn't count as a boss. It was just a fun little environmental challenge.
>>
>>337077282
>no monarch is ever referred to as King (Principality) despite their actual name

really young anon. really?

tell me how much of a "dolt" I am again, after all, you know everything with your 15 years of life experience.

i wonder why i bother coming here when 90% of the people you talk to are young teens. could teenagers please just not address me or respond to my posts again? you'll know which ones they are, the ones that confuse and anger you. Thanks.
>>
>>337077312
I don't even think the game itself counts it as a real boss, being that you don't even get a boss soul from it.
>>
>>337074941
>>337077274
The fact the fight let's you go into other parts of the level should be enough to tell you you're supposed to do something else.
>>
Where am I?
I'm pretty lost.
Hello?
Why did I just kill a giant skeleton in the darkness?
>>
>>337077460
Yes, you are a dolt. Let me just call up Queen England and have her tell you all about it.
>>
>>337076838
No, it was never meant for Xbone or PS4.
SONY approached from for PS4 exclusive at the time where the game is well in the development phase.

The game isn't downgraded, it was scrapped entirely and the asset were recycled and patched together to make a completely different game that is at least playable on the hardware it targeted to be.
>>
>>337077460
>stop disagreeing with me on the internet

Holyshit, you two should just fuck and get it over with.
>>
I fucking hate DaS2 I really do, but I sincerely hate that DaS3 made Caestus worthless, and even the Demon's Fists which are cool in concept are pointless.
>>
>>337069891

Dancer.

The choreography of her moves was really impressive and cool to watch.

I kinda wish she wasn't such a pushover, but the fight was enjoyable without being cheap like that faggot pontiff.
>>
>>337077698
>0.5 weight parries
>worthless
pick one
yeah I know you want to actually punch things
>>
File: CHILD OF DRAGONS.png (2 MB, 1632x1079) Image search: [Google]
CHILD OF DRAGONS.png
2 MB, 1632x1079
>>337077289
>>
File: 20160509221506_1.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160509221506_1.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1080
>Holy King Lothric

How the fuck do you even attempt to argue that this could be anyone besides Lothric when his head literally goes on the King's throne?
>>
>>337072014
I dunno if my damage just sucked or what but Wolnir pushed me up against the back wall like twice and killed me with the hurl since I had no place to run
>>
>>337077835
Time is convoluted.
>>
>Aldrich
>Major boss of the game
>Has his own church
>Over 1/2 the game is hunting him down
>Wind up in Anor FUCKING Londo
>Gwyndolin Version 2 bossfight
>No fucking cutscene

What a fucking shame, they could have done so much better with him.
>>
>>337077698
flynns ring, that dodging ring, caestus, naked.
Punch your heart out
>>
>>337072809
They only complain because he's 2hard.
>>
File: 1435688369725.png (41 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1435688369725.png
41 KB, 256x256
>>337069891

>Dark Souls 3 was pretty fun

oh look, another awesome opinion of this game being pushed to the front page of neogaf--- i mean 4chan

yeah, asian video games are so amazing, they are not overhyped n shit

dark souls 3 was especially not mediocre at all.
i mean the gameplay and combat are not the most basic shit ever.
i am so glad you are telling us this game was pretty fun. your tastes in video games are obviously not shit, friend.

really, thank you

long live asian video game developers
who totally didn't fucking die almost 2 decades ago and have been producing a pure wave of shit even worse than the most generic american military action shooters
>>
>>337077268
Yeah but the PS4 would have shit itself with that many dudes plus phantoms all on screen at the same time.
>>
File: image.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
>>337074467
>that webm

Literally *teleports behind you* the boss
>>
>>337077460
>Look at how mature *I* am and how foolish you are! Ohohoho!

A sign of an underage getting defensive.
>>
>>337073878
Oceiros and Ludwig don't play remotely similar, are you retarded?
>>
>>337078093
Nah nothings worse then generic soldier man shooting stuff.
>>
>>337078093
flippity floo, here's your (You)
>>
>>337076376

The only thing Throne W+D have in common with Twin Princes is that they have a revival mechanic, and even then they play out very differently. TW+D involves keeping track of two enemies, whose biggest difference is that one has a shield, and the main challenge is making sure you're safe from both of them when you attack either of them. It's also a good idea to kill them both around the same time since they can revive each other. Lorian, on the other hand, is always one adversary. Even when they form some sort of mega-person, it's still just Lorian + some magic attacks, you don't have to keep track of them individually. He teleports, has much larger, sweeping attacks, and in general has a moveset that doesn't resemble TW+D in any way. The revival mechanic in TW+D is that they can BOTH revive each other. In Twin Princes, it's just Lothric, so the second phase is pretty much focused on killing him. Plus, every time he revives Lorian he has less health, so if you're having trouble betting behind him then it's actually viable to just keep killing Lorian and taking advantage of the much longer revive animation to beat on Lothric. Very different from TW+D, where they revive each other to full health, making focusing on them separately much less viable.

I'm not even sure where Smelter Demon came from, to be honest. The fact that they use fire and have the word "Demon" in their name, I guess? Anyway, Old Demon King is much bigger, hits harder, has projectile attacks (and a large boss room with cover from these attacks) and various AOEs). Smelter Demon is different in just about every way, it'd be much more logical to compare him to a more imaginative spin on the Firesage Demon.
>>
>>337078286

fucking chink
>>
>>337071694
I didn't think he was too challenging, I got him on my second try. He is a very good boss though.
>>
>>337078286
Why even give him a you, you dumb fuck? Are you that fucking retarded? You can't just resist a simple urge?
>>
>>337069891
I don't really get why people hate on the two phase thing, the bosses are all still designed to fight differently. To me the two-phase mechanic was just for lore: You're fighting established lords of cinder, so when they realize they might be in a pinch they become kindled and grow stronger just like you do.

You're fighting beings of great power, not video game robots, so them having a desperation move just made sense to me.
>>
File: sensible.gif (2 MB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
sensible.gif
2 MB, 245x246
>>337078093
>fallout image
>>
>>337078709
lmao you act as though people will only reply if they get (You)s. people are persistent, replying upon (You) is just a 4ch meme.

that being said, Abyss Watchers and Soul of Cinder are my two top bosses. holy shit atmosphere. hope the DLC is good too.
>>
File: 1460549415866.jpg (60 KB, 346x440) Image search: [Google]
1460549415866.jpg
60 KB, 346x440
>>337078093
(You)
>>
>>337078820
>I don't really get why people hate on the two phase thing

you can't "get" shit that becomes trendy on /v/ because it isn't based on logic

someone pretended the two phase design is bad as a way of feinting a complaint about the game and other idiots picked up on it. that's all there is to it

>the bosses being more complex and having more moves is BAD!
>>
>>337072014
u fuckin serious m8?

I beat Wolnir my first go, he's easy as fuck.
>>
>>337073454
Why do so many people like Oceiros? He was completely forgettable for me. Even knowing who he was he just felt like a mid-boss for the sake of having a mid-boss.

That and he's piss easy.
>>
>>337072014
I like how the host walks away unscathed and looks back at you two scrubs like "Seriously?"
>>
>>337078935
people are bitching about that now?
Theres always been phases in bosses.
>>
>>337079213
Same. Him yelling for his unseen baby and hearing the crying of a baby felt like some sort of attempt at "feels" that completely fell flat for me. It was like some non sequitur moment.
>>
>>337079213
it's not about the difficulty.
>>
>>337079072
Total shitter here, can confirm Wolnir is easy. Hit the shiny bits and don't walk into strange mists.
That's video games 101.
>>
>>337079570
He was so damn disappointing after the whole cutscene with his goblet and the reveal after picking up an item.

I felt robbed of an epic fight.
>>
>>337079213

/v/ sympathizes with a crazy, lonely man who calls everyone an ignorant slave, and whose driving passions in life are being a dragon-kin and being in love with a person who doesn't exist.
>>
>God Tier
Pontiff Sulhyvan
Champion Gundyr
Nameless King
Lothric and Lorian

>Great Tier
Aldrich, devourer of Gods
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Dragonslayer Armor
Soul of Cinder

>Good Tier
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
Abyss Watchers
Ocerios the Consumed King

>Okay Tier
Iudex Gundyr
Crystal Sage
Old Demon King

>Shit tier
Deacons of the Deep

>Gimmick Tier
Curse Rotted Greatwood
High Lord Wolnir
Yhorm the Giant
Ancient Wyvren
>>
>>337079408
>>337079487
>>337079662
I think Oceiros was an attempt at another Priscilla, except I have valid reasons to feel bad for Priscilla. It's explained the painted world is her prison, but that she does not want to be bothered and would prefer if you just left peacefully. Most importantly, I can then leave peacefully if I so choose.

Oceiros is just some old nutjob worrying about his invisible baby who seems to want to protect it in his first phase, only to (visually) stamp it out and get the fight on, also while just being a forced fight regardless. If the game is giving me a big ol' health bar and he starts swinging I immediately have no reason to give two shits about this thing that no one has, or will, talk about ever again.
>>
>>337080213
Ocerios is supposed to be Seath and Logan.

After Ocelotte goes missing, he devouts all his time in the archives, trying to recreate a dragon. He even looks like Seath while using Logans staff
>>
File: 1461206523478.gif (761 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461206523478.gif
761 KB, 640x360
Why the hell am I getting stunlocked in full Havels? I should be walking up and fucking people's mouths while their little toothpicks bounce off my poise hardened cock.
>>
>Make a new DS3 character
>Get Mound Makers and get summoned in Undead Settlement while I slowly do my world like I always do
>First Host is hiding on Bonfire balcony until I sit down by the fire then goes in to kill me, fight ensues
>2nd Host wants me dead, so I just go kill mobs and wait for him to realize I'm not a fucking faggot
>Invader shows up next to me, so I run back and wave "hello"
>Blue Sentinel walks up and one-shots me with a Smough Hammer
Does nobody low level have any courtesy?
>>
>>337080425
Poise from Armor is turned off.
Poise from your weapon only applies during Weapon Arts.
>>
>>337080425
Poise is disabled. I'm sorry anon. Wolf Ring is also completely worthless, they should have just changed the damn thing to increase run speed or something.
>>
File: 1461651044105.png (606 KB, 1233x695) Image search: [Google]
1461651044105.png
606 KB, 1233x695
Nameless King is my favorite boss across all 5 games.
>>
File: 1461207198611.png (43 KB, 201x195) Image search: [Google]
1461207198611.png
43 KB, 201x195
>>337080538
>>337080623
Was this intentional or an error that they haven't fixed yet? People shouldn't be able to stop the rock just by hitting r1.
>>
>>337079996
>putting wildly different fights in one tier because you beat them in an unconventional method
end this meme
>>
>>337080765
I just fucking hate the Storm Drake thing. It ruins the fight for me. Nameless himself should have been in the fight solo, and maybe one of his attacks should have been hoping on the Storm Drake, flying around, and attacking the arena for a bit.

Or the Storm Ruler should have been used to take down the Storm Drake.

>>337080863
Unknown, but considering the fix only requires changing the poise value to "true" instead of "false" as PC wizards have figured out, it must be intentional. Which is bullshit since it makes poise a worthless stat completely and makes the game heavily oriented around fast shit. Bloodborne didn't have poise either but you could easily get out of dodge and wouldn't get trapped by R1 shit, which made things like the WHEEL or MLGS viable.
>>
File: 1446636848970.png (81 KB, 409x406) Image search: [Google]
1446636848970.png
81 KB, 409x406
>>337080765
I hate Nameless King. The Dragon part is so goddamn easy and boring.
>>
>>337081117
>Or the Storm Ruler should have been used to take down the Storm Drake.

And have to switch between weapons mid fight? Yeah, fuck you. That first phase is easy as fuck once you get good.
>>
>>337072014
Pro tip: equip mace. Strike damage breaks his shit in two hits
>>
File: Hopeless.png (192 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Hopeless.png
192 KB, 400x400
>>337076397
My understanding of it was that the princes wanted to halt the rekindle cycle and thats why they stayed in their castle, I say this mostly based on the fact that the king lothric throne says "the las hope of his line" which makes me belive the princes rejected their destiny and that why he tells you
>"mark my words you are still among the accursed"
Basically saying you're still part of that shitty cycle of miserable existence that is prolonging the age of fire.
That was my read on them anyway but I don't read theories or any other lore stuff about DS3 yet
>>
>>337081321
xD GET GOOD Dx
i'm so sick of that reddit-tier meme. cut it out, yeah?

nameless fight itself is fun, but the retarded dragon breaking camera lock literally with every move is not good design.
>>
>>337081557
>locking on
You've recognized the dragon breaks cameras, so why keep doing it?
You don't even need to lock on for such a large foe.
What are you? Casual?
>>
>>337081321
>git gud
Look man, if I had to fight Pinwheel every time I wanted to battle Artorias I'm fucking hate that piece of shit. Just because Pinwheel is easy doesn't mean I want to keep fighting him over and over again.
>>
>>337069891

>Good Tier
Champion Gundyr (i like his kicks. good times)
Lothric and Lorian (just a good boss.)
Abyss Watchers (great idea and decent execution.)

>Meh Tier
Nameless King (telegraphs his attacks too much)
Aldrich, devourer of Gods (those arrows are bullshit)
Dancer of the Boreal Valley (cheap but overall decent boss.)
Dragonslayer Armor (decent)
Old Demon King (i like his fire spells but overall very easy)
Iudex Gundyr (decent intro boss.)
Pontiff Sulhyvan (i have no idea why people struggle with this fucker)

>Bad tier
Ancient Wyvern (worst boss ever in the souls series. worse than dragon god)
Yhorm the Giant (fucking pathetic. would have been better without stormruler)
High Lord Wolnir (4 times he never even did anything before I killed him. Once he pulled out a sword and spawned skeletons. Bugged?)
Curse Rotted Greatwood (awful.)
Deacons of the Deep (good idea. terrible execution)
Crystal Sage (wow we havent seen this boss before)
Ocerios the Consumed King (hello Bloodborne)
Vordt of the Boreal Valley (hello Bloodborne)

This is fact. Admit it.
>>
>>337080623

What if Wolf Ring gave the same amount of poise weapon arts did during attacks
>>
>>337080363
I know who he is, what I'm saying is the game tried to hand me a sympathetic boss with no reason for me to sympathize with them. I don't mean he's literally Priscilla. I don't even know how you go that idea actually.

So what if he looks like Seath? At least I understand quickly that Aldrich, the LoC everyone says devours people, has devoured Gwyndolin, Priscilla and Nito to gain power. There's motive that I can get out of the fight exclusively through some minor dialogue and my own knowledge of DaS. With Oceiros, sure I go "oh he's like Seath" but why the fuck does it matter? It could be literally anyone that got a hold of Seath's research and it would have the exact same impact. The relation to Logan and Seath doesn't actually matter at all.
>>
>>337081818
>putting something in Bad because "bloodborne"
>>
>>337081818
>only likes 3 bosses in the entire game

No.
>>
>>337082248
well bloodborne is awful so it makes sense doesnt it?
>>
>>337069891
The best boss in the game is Yhorm without storm ruler. I wish they cut his HP a bit and just didn't give you a storm ruler for him.

>actually have to aim at body parts that aren't FUCKING GLOWING PULSATING WEAK POINTS
>well animated, great looking model
>despite being a giant he moves quickly and fluidly
>cool boss arena
>good music
>>
File: 1430532569817.jpg (447 KB, 1156x1000) Image search: [Google]
1430532569817.jpg
447 KB, 1156x1000
>>337076951
Been lurking since 2004 or some shit like that bro , I'm just not a degenerate fuck like you.
>>
>>337081069
The only one there that can be considered not a comic is Greatwood

Wolnir, you will not beat unless you break his rings. You will run out of space

Yhorm is so much of a gimmick the game gives you notes on how to beat him

The Wyvrwn you 1 shot kill...
>>
>>337082449
i totally forgot soul of cinders. good boss that one. decent end to the game and a huge improvement over gwyn.
>>
File: 1408231547401.png (8 KB, 363x364) Image search: [Google]
1408231547401.png
8 KB, 363x364
>>337078093
>>
>>337082639
Bloodborne first needs to be awful for it to make sense.
>>
>>337083086
oceros and vordt dont do anything but charge while you roll around like a retard

its shit gameplay
>>
>>337083342
So enemies that charge at you are literally Bloodborne now? Why the fuck is this even an issue?
>>
>>337083484
bloodborne has billions of enemies like that.

undead settlement is basically a bloodborne level
>>
>>337078093
In all seriousness, you're actually right about how /v/ drools over Asian video games, even when a very large majority of them still have very poor animation, graphical and sound quality. Dark Souls 3 is one of the few exceptions which gets everything right, but most of them really aren't anywhere near as good as /v/ makes out.
There's a lot of laziness in Asian video game development. Just look at Senran Kagura, a massively popular game here on /v/. I've played Burst, Shinovi Versus and Estival Versus, but they all feel the same. Not only that, but the graphical improvement from Shinovi to Estival was so minuscule that I feel insulted for buying the game at all. It's starting to feel like I'm buying cars from a used car salesman and behind my back they're laughing it up with their co-workers, talking about what a sucker I am for buying their shitty product once again.
>>
>>337072035
This
>>
>>337076838
>>337077641
>The game isn't downgraded, it was scrapped entirely and the asset were recycled and patched together to make a completely different game that is at least playable on the hardware it targeted to be.

This. Miyazaki's version of 2 was fucking abysmal anyways, and then when he went off to work on Project Beast/BB what's his fuck came in and tried to salvage it, made it worse, and they slapped Tanimura in with the same deadline.
>>
>>337076292
Futa = girl with dick

They're already guys what's the point.
>>
>>337078012
It would have been cool to see him form from the goo
>>
>>337076450
Then how would you do the fight?

We're all waiting.
>>
>>337079996
Deacons of the Deep is a really fun fight though
>>
>>337078012
>>337084028
>DLC has us go to The Deep (the new Abyss)
>fight Aldrich in his normal form as "Aldrich, Saint of the Deep"
>>
>>337084070
I didn't know people on 4chan were paid money to design video games. Like the people at From Software are?

When does my first pay check arrive?
>>
>>337084186
I want a DLC in the Deep, which would be the Abyss + more Lovecraft shit, and then the other DLC would be Londor, where the hollows would praise your arrival and you'd protect them from the invading Way of White.
>>
>>337072014
Look, I died a lot so far in this game and still haven't beat it. This guy was the last boss I've fought (that invader in the crypts was faaar worse than him), but if you died to this guy you're awful.
>>
>God Tier
Aldrich
Pontiff
Soul of Cinder
>Great Tier
Dancer
Dragonslayer Armor
Twin Princes
Abyss Watchers
>Good/OK Tier
Crystal Sage
Vordt
Tutorial boss
Yhorm
>Bad Tier
Curse Rotted Greatwood
Giant skeleton thing
Old Demon King
>My least favorite boss in the entire series
Deacons of the Deep
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.