[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, lads. What did you look up? Did you overlevel? Who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: souls.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
Be honest, lads. What did you look up? Did you overlevel? Who did you summon for?

>Looked up to see why the fuck Yoel died-spoiled myself on Yuria appearing but nothing else
>Looked up where the fuck I had to get summoned for the last part of Sirrus's quest
>Looked up list of what crowgirl will trade for
>Summoned NPC for Dancer of Boreal Valley
>>
>>337055650
Summoned for nothing

Looked up every single questline because how am I possibly supposed to know about this shit
>>
>>337055650
Only thing I looked up in the first playthrough was where to get the doll (I completely missed the Cathedral).
Summoned some help for Sullyvahn because I couldn't be arsed.
After getting the dragonslayer armour down to less than 10% oly using 2 estus and being blown offf the bridge by his shield smash, I summoned some sunbros in to get some medals.

Second playthrough I looked up tons of stuff questlines and whatnot.
Did solo all the bosses this time.
>>
looked up softcaps and where to find certain materials like scales and slabs.
I'm overleveled now in NG+, though I don't know what the "suggested" level was in areas.
I didn't summon anybody, summoning is for babies.
>>
Summoned for the boss in ithryll valley and final boss, overleveld by about 10
>>
>implying im gonna waste my fucking time soloing bosses or le edgy blind run

yeah fuckn right.
>>
Nothing before my first run
Hell if I know, I still don't know average SLs for bosses/areas, but I didn't grind for level advantage over a tough boss if that's what you're asking
Once, Abyss Watchers, and she didn't even help me kill them. Just BC'ed out at the fog gate. I don't think I used a single ember item.
>>
Only thing I looked up was covenant shit and weapon stats
>>
File: kotorripoff.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kotorripoff.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
only looked up how to get this ending, no overleveling and no summoning
>>
File: 1450293647654.jpg (27 KB, 480x519) Image search: [Google]
1450293647654.jpg
27 KB, 480x519
I didn't look up anything, but I still feel like I cheated just by reading the orange signs.
>Use gesture
I should've played offline just to avoid those.
I don't really know about levels but I think I was underleveled(I was around 39 on Anor Londo, finished the game at 56)
Didn't summon because that's just not fair for the bosses.
>>
I summoned every NPC summon I could find just in case I'd miss a piece of equipment or quest. Besides two gestures they do nothing as far as I'm concerned. NPC summons just buff the boss' health so who cares.

Only thing I looked up is Snuggly's or whatever the fuck it's called now trade list and boss weapon stats.

Does using CE to save me the grind count? I just wanted upgrade souls and materials because I'm an indecisive fuck and switched weapons like twenty times, I only used it when I noticed the next tier of materials became grindable.
>>
>>337055650
I admit I'm bad at these games so I summoned for bosses, but I didn't just sit around I fought them the best I could, wasted about 5 embers per boss but it was worth
>>
Only thing I looked up was what the fuck drawing out true strength dis cuz I did not want to fuck over my character

After I beat the game the only thing I missed was Archdragon Peak so I looked up how to access it.

Then I looked up item locations and quest lines in NG+ so I could see and do everything
>>
Didn't look anything up except how to do the best ending on my second character. Beat everything solo or with npcs not real people.
>>
>>337055650

Summoned if I died to a boss 5 times in a row.
Looked up nothing for my first playthrough.

On my 2nd playthrough now, just defeated the dragon armour guy, haven't summoned yet. Looked up everything because I missed storylines, characters and even entire optional areas last time.

Went pure strength first time, Pyromancer this time.
>>
It's literally impossible to do the sidequests without a guide.
>>
File: ds3spin.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ds3spin.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>looked up how to get redsoap stone
>looked up how how to get estoc
>summoned people for abyss watchers
>summoned people for Pontiff Sulyvahn
fuck any boss battle that has you fighting two bosses at one the camera angle isnt good enough for that
>>
>>337057134
I feel like the game relied on that or "le 2nd form" way too often
>>
>>337056987
NPC quests? Yeah I don't understand how I would ever complete Sirris quest for example playing 100% blind.
>>
>>337056987

Leonhard's pretty straightforward I think. They fucked up Greirat's dialogue, should've waited until the player got the Excrement-covered Ashes or something to make him get hype for exploring Irithryll instead of just crossing the bridge, that way you'd have a higher chance of stumbling with Onionbro before sending away.

That is, if you rescued him from the well, that can fuck right off.
>>
>>337055650
summoned for no one
looked up nothing (missed many questlines)
finished the game at 70

Some shit I did by mistake, I used that gesture at the dragon area after the jail by pure chance to take a screenshot and it took me to dragon peak or whatever

did I overlevel?
>>
>>337057134

The fuck's wrong with the Thrall Axe, makes anything hit like a truck.
>>
> Summoned on Greatwood
> Looked up Usurper ending guide
> That's it

Feels gud
>>
>>337055650
>looked up onion bro quest so i didnt miss it
>summoned
nothing
>overlevel
no

I think this is one of the easier souls games I didn't really hit any walls. Nameless King was the only boss that gave me any real trouble.
>>
i looked up everything because my gut told me the game would be shit and i was right
>>
>>337055650
>Looked up Patches/Siegwards questline
>Looked up best halberd so I know which one to use before accidentaly using a shit one
>Summoned for Crystal Sage and Deacons
>>
>>337057521
So you didn't play it? If so you're missing out because it was definitely a great game. But i'm guessing you're just trying to be contrarian because this is /v/ so carry on.
>>
File: 20160502003410_1.jpg (146 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160502003410_1.jpg
146 KB, 1440x900
>>337055650
I looked up nothing on my first playthrough, On my second characters I looked up a bunch of stuff, some weapon stats, where to find characters and how to do their quest lines, since I wanted to experience everything.
>>
>>337057616
>>337057521
WARNING
WARNING
>>
>Looked up yoel and yuria.

>Pickle pee loot table.

>Looked up if silver Knight weapons were in the game or not after farming 200 of them and not getting one.

>Didn't summon any phantoms because I played in offline mode and NPC phantoms were shit anyway. Killing nameless King and champion gundyr without any phantoms made them the best bosses in the game.

>Convinced myself that illusory walls were removed from the game because I never found one. Didn't look it up until I beat Lord of cinder
>>
>>337055650
I looked up where to get the weapon I wanted, and if I missed something, like a covenant, npc, boss, area, etc. I looked that up too. I don't like missing things.

I don't know if I overleveled. I rarely lost any souls and both my playthroughs ended at 107. I didn't grind if that's what you're asking.

Didn't summon for any boss.
>>
File: ds3fashion.jpg (97 KB, 1039x1012) Image search: [Google]
ds3fashion.jpg
97 KB, 1039x1012
>>337057470
Also ended around SL 85.
Not sure what the average is.
>>
>>337057590
>tfw discovered all the areas without looking anything up because of the barrage of messages around each secret
>>
>All these people claiming to have problems reaching Archdragon's Peak

Thought it was really obvious.

Untended Graves can blow me though. Missed the coolest area in the game my first time around.
>>
The only thing I had to look up was how to use Stormruler because maybe I'm retarded but it didn't make any indication of having to be 'charged'. No visual or audio changes. Despite that its still shitty fan service and shouldn't have been in the game.
>>
>>337055650
looked up questlines, weapon stats and secret areas because I want to experience the whole game and only replay it when the dlc comes
No grinding. Killed every enemy I saw at least once, and stopped leveling at 90 because I heard it's the new meta and want to invade people
summoning is for pussies

no magic, no miracles, no ranged weapons
only greatsword
>>
>>337058052
How the hell do you miss untended graves? you just have to go left instead of straight.
>>
I looked up what I missed when I beat the soul of cinder.

I missed pretty much every NPC questline, missed archdragon peak, missed rosaria's fingers, mound makers, darkmoon blades, missed most of the items the crow had for trade. Missed most gestures and about half of the NPC invasions and their items as well.

I like having secrets in my games but some of these are just ridiculous. I almost can't believe anybody discovered archdragon peak without a guide.

NPC questlines are even worse offenders due to them being time sensitive on top of being extremely obtuse. How the fuck are you supposed to figure out Seigward would suddenly appear in that well after opening a specific shortcut for example? That was just retarded, at least have him be in the well from the moment you first see it.
>>
Looked up where to go after killing the big tree in Undead Settlement. The two lifts thing completely flew over my head.
>>
>>337055650
nothing until i beat soul of cinder
then i looked up what i missed, the dragon area and fire demon area
no summons
never grinded
>>
Looked up stuff about most NPC quests. Still failed some of them.
Looked up pickle peewee pump a bum trades
Looked up weapon upgrade trees, though most of them were patchy and it's impossible to tell how much a "B" or a "C" actually gets you anyway.

No summoning.

Intentionally stopped leveling at 79, no grinding, spent all souls after that on titanite and armour I never wore.
>>
>>337059387

That's the kings garden, untended graves is behind an illusory wall.
>>
>>337055650
>Overlevel

That's not a thing. If a boss is kicking your ass, you train and get stronger so you can kick HIS ass. That's not overleveling.
>>
The crow items.
If my darling Dingy Robe was in the game (It wasn't, fuck you FROM.)
How many covenant items to turn in.

Never summoned, although I usually put down a soapstone sign to get some practice as a summon.

Beat it at SL 81.
>>
>>337057482
Basically this. I ended at level 85-ish, so I don't know if that's considered "overleveled," but I didn't grind for souls at all. I just killed everything I saw and didn't really buy many items/weapons/armor sets.
>>
>>337061058
i think 85ish is right around where you should be if you didn't farm souls.
>>
File: 1454479830992.jpg (1 MB, 1141x1141) Image search: [Google]
1454479830992.jpg
1 MB, 1141x1141
>>337055650
I'm halfway into NG+ and i'm level 152. Pretty sure i'm over leveled but i don't have anything else to spend the souls on.

>mfw no co-op summon signs anymore.
>>
File: 1445204447917.png (791 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1445204447917.png
791 KB, 1280x960
>>337055650
I have a question about Luck builds. Do you only need 29 Luck if you get the extra 10 from weapon/shield? Because I thought the softcap was 40, but now I'm hearing it's actually 39.

Holy fuck From what's wrong with your game? I mean, if that's the case it still works out for me since I need 21 STR for the Spiked Mace anyway.
>>
>>337061256
PvP caps off at 120-125, asshole. You went too far. Of course you won't find anyone. Best you can do now is passwords with your friends, if you even have any.
>>
I went in completely blind and didn't summon for anything. As a result I got the kill the fire keeper ending, so that fucking blew. Plus I did almost no quest lines my first playthrough, cause I ended up fucking them all up besides Ringfinger's. After my first playthrough though, it's all fair game to me, and I look up everything.

>Grinding in a Souls game
Does anyone do this?
>>
I summoned for every boss fight.

I also killed pretty much every invader with my heavy Dark Sword using R1.

I could almost hear the screams of rage. Me? I just saw the game as a fun hack and slash, I don't give a shit who thinks what is "fair" half the faggots I killed tried various cheap ways to kill me or would have if I didn't R1 their faces off.

Hilarious
>>
I looked up some stuff for the npc quests in NG+

like hell i'm gonna figure all that extremely specific stuff on my own
>>
>>337061775
I mean if you find removing all challenge from the game fun then all the power to you I suppose.
>>
>>337061449
I have no problem with PvP at that level. I still get invaded regularly and still have blueberries show up. It's the boss co-op stuff that dried up.
>>
Summoned for Aldritch, Twin Princes, and Nameless King because I suck.

Got to Nameless Graves and beat Champ's ass, but looked up what else was there because I thought it'd be like the giant tree memory stages in DaS2 and I'd lose out on shit if I left. Found the eyes that way.

Ended first play through at SL60. Same as 1, 2, and BB. Just a habit now. Got Firekeeper ending due to looking shit up.
>>
>>337055650
Didn't see nothing
Finished the game at 82
Never summoned
>>
>>337057636
>I looked up nothing on my first playthrough

The only proper way to experience the game. Why spoil it? There's always the second go around.
>>
>>337061916
Yep. Moved on to Battleborn

Interesting game though, wish they would make a Warhammer 40k version of it
>>
>>337055650
Looked up how to set hollowing to 0 after I did it once already but forgot where
Checked if I missed a boss after Soul of Cinder.
>summoning
>>
>>337055650
Summoned all the NPCs I could because most of them give you good shit like gestures or armor.

I looked up onionbro quest because I thought I fucked it up hard. Turns out I almost did.

If anything I went underleveled most of the game to keep invading in the forest and in Irithyll
>>
Looked up the ladder thing because I got to Pontiff without finding the soul for Demon Fist.

I tried to do it legit earlier but I wasn't close enough to the edge the first time.
>>
Looked up why I turned into beef jerky ("free levels bro!!")

Summoned for Dragonslayer Armor cause I was getting frame stutters in that fight and got killed by a lot of attacks I should have dodged

Summoned for Cinder cause at that point I was just getting tired of the game.
>>
After defeating a soul of cinder, is it like ds2 where I have to talk to a person so a new game+ cycle starts?
>>
>>337064434
You do it at the Firelink bonfire, same as DaS2

Unlike DaS2 NG+ is boring though
>>
>>337055650
Looked up all emotes, found out of peak through this too. Wouldn't have discovered it by myself anyway. Summoned all npcs I had to get gestures fron except londor.

Finished at 45 so didn't overlevel much. Also, didn't use summons for bosses but I put my sign down before fighting sone.
>>
>>337055650
After I beat the final boss, I looked up how to reach any optional boss.

On ng+ I looked up how to do the npc quests, cos fuck going back to previous areas looking for them. Siegward inside a well in the corner, you can fuck off with that shit
>>
>waiting to get invaded in NG+ catacombs with a dried finger and giant seed active at SL 30
>max weapon upgrade is a +3 dragonslayer great bow
>no invasions for 30 minutes
Weird, I was just getting a bunch of invasions in the farron forest area
>>
>>337055650
I actually looked up absolutely nothing on my first playthrough and never used any summons and I'm quite proud of myself for it. Meanwhile the same friend that got me interested in the series went full casual and looked at a guide for most of the game.
>>
>>337055650
>looked up shit after first playthrough because I fucked up every questline except for hawkwoods, which is easy to figure out.
>probably was over leveled shince I played co-op for most of it was about level 110 by the ending
>summoned for:
GreatWood
Crystal Sages
Abyss Watchers
Deacons
Wolnir
Aldrich
Dancer
Dragon Slayer/bridge guy?
twin Princes
Lord of Cinder

might have been easier to list the ones I didnt summon for, but even then I also played those ones in co-op as well in my friends game. playing with friends made it easier to figure things out through word of mouth between eachother, but I'm pretty sure there were times where they looked things up and told me like how to get to the secret dragon area, but im pretty sure I would have figured that out myself.
>>
>>337060570
You just beat a boss and you got a gesture and a few titanite out of it, didn't your gut tell you there had to be more?

Also, peak is bullshit if you do Yhorm first since between that, anor londo and garden/castle you're bound to forget. I wouldn't have minded finding Hawkwood around the dungeon commenting something about dragons.
>>
>>337065248
oh forgot Nameless King summoned for that too
>>
>>337064545

>multiple red phantoms attacking you at once is fun

Fuck off.
>>
>>337055650
why do people say the crow is a girl? what if its just a crow and thats it?
>>
Didn't summon for any first-kills. Finished the game at level 55ish.
>>
I was probably overleveled since I cleared out every single corner of the game out of fear of missing anything. I finished at level 104, although the last 20 levels went straight to Vit so I could roll in the Black Iron set. No summons for the bosses though.
>>
>>337065248
>summoning for crystal sages
that boss was a r1 spam fight with a greatsword for me it was too easy to block those spells too

oh well if thats how you wanna play the game then go ahead
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.