[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>putting the game on easy mode by summoning other players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: xBxwNQ1.png (472 KB, 624x475) Image search: [Google]
xBxwNQ1.png
472 KB, 624x475
>putting the game on easy mode by summoning other players so they can kill bosses for you drop several end game weapons for you, as well as tons of upgrade material
>>
>using game mechanics is easy mode
>>
>>337048680
>grinding for hours in between episodes to level up to fucking SIXTY for cathedral of the deep and getting blakc knight set + several +4 estocs

>still pretending you don't know stuff

you posted that picture OP so don't whine if I whine about ecelebs
>>
>>337048680
Do you want him to struggle through DeS as hard as possible and never get shit done?
I tried to invade
But was to stupid to realize that we don't play at the same server
>>
>>337049769
Just saw that. The worst part is the apologists in the comments. These fucking idiots miss completely the point.
>>
>>337049845
That's exactly what the autists want, completely blind runs and them dying over and over making no progress
Never mind that game play wise deus ex is the best thing on the channel at the moment
>>
>>337050294
autists like me want blind runs done by experienced gamers with critical thinking skills and a mind for adaptability

>get stuck
>work it out as if you've played vidya before
>proceed
>>
>that Tower Knight fight
kek
>>
>>337050209
It's fucking bad. These people can't accept the idea that Pat's just the worst.
>>
File: the worst.gif (4 MB, 335x194) Image search: [Google]
the worst.gif
4 MB, 335x194
Sharp Estoc +4, Full Black knight Armor + Shield, Dark Sword +3, 51 Embers, Anari's Sword Level 64

Fuckin DarkSydePat over here, what a fuckin joke.
>>
>>337050294
They want "honest blind reactions" and more material for memes instead of good gameplay.
>>
File: 1366706866244.jpg (86 KB, 754x660) Image search: [Google]
1366706866244.jpg
86 KB, 754x660
>that Pat outburst of martyrdom in twitter when he couldnt handle people complaining about his dark souls skills anymore
>>
>Old Hero boss fight
>Woolie, stop moving

>Storm King boss fight
>Wow Woolie, look at all the items here
>>
>>337050669
Then LPs aren't for you autist
Their best stuff has always been something they knew before hand
>>
>>337048680
If it was a legit playthough, it would suck, but for the stream? Who cares? It was hilarious seeing Juunacookie wreck shit.
>>
File: damn son.jpg (10 KB, 250x261) Image search: [Google]
damn son.jpg
10 KB, 250x261
>>337051162
don't forget that invasion!
r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1
>>
BUT HE WASN'T EVEN HAVING TROUBLE BEFORE

HE WAS ALREADY BREEZING THROUGH IT

WHAT THE FUCK

I feel bad for woolie, he probably cares a little.
>>
>>337051536
Honestly the faster they get it done, the better. Most just want it to be over because they take forever to do streams.
>>
File: baby tunnel - gif.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
baby tunnel - gif.gif
2 MB, 200x174
>>337051162
feels fucking awful opening that video up desu senpai.

didn't finish it, i'm done with this.
>>
>>337051301
>good gameplay
>TBFP
>>
>>337051393
I was so excited when I tuned into the stream and heard Elie talking, and saw, "On voice chat: Plague of Gripes". Then it scrolled over and said "A German Spy" and my hopes were dashed.

>>337051790
I do feel bad for Woolie when barely even has time to comprehend an area or mechanics before they're over, but that's the price you pay for using your first playthrough of something to entertain others.
>>
File: 1459569187698.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1459569187698.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>watch newest video
>he suddenly has sharp estoc and black knight set
>>
I didn't understand these replies first then I realized its another e-celeb thread about a literallywho
New containment board when?
>>
>>337052001
They can have good gameplay. Every RE, Liam at Castelvania... MGR... Mirrors Edge was pretty good.
>>
>>337051301
honnest reactions and irrelevant conversations are the only thing they have to offer.
>>
>>337051546
Jesus christ, of course this faggot uses the most easy mode sword in the game. Why would he use something that's fun when he can use the most OP weapon in the game.
>>
>those dislikes in the new video

Why the hell didn't Pat just make a separate character if he just wanted to play?
>>
File: 1408684712179.jpg (113 KB, 961x759) Image search: [Google]
1408684712179.jpg
113 KB, 961x759
>that guy on call giving Woolie advice
There's just something about this guy that pisses me off. Anyone else get that vibe from him? Is it that he's unnecessarily verbose or what?
>>
>>337052297
Supporting the point that their best stuff is games they played before and not muh blind runs and muh first reactions
>>
>>337052482
I dunno, it kinda worked out when they ran BB
>>
>>337052482
Because then it wouldnt be blind reactions for the audience ;(
>>
>>337052115
>watching playlist
>ep11 ends with farron greatsword
>oh my god it's so cool and so on
>ep12 starts
>black knight using an upgraded estoc
>no mention of the farron sword

thank god i'm not sticking around to see him using the estoc to the end.

remember when woolie wanted a new style of weapons?
>>
>>337052487
Agermanspy, yeah, he rubs me the wrong way too. His tone of voice and the way he tries to act like he's "one of the guys" is getting under my skin.
>>
File: 1373291886554.jpg (179 KB, 988x1596) Image search: [Google]
1373291886554.jpg
179 KB, 988x1596
IM SO BAD AT PVP

played all three dark souls games, i try so hard but i just cant git gud at pvp

bosses arent shit but i just cant fucking parry and i just get fucking stunlocked and cucked to death

picture is me when i get invaded i just jump off a fucking cliff so i just can die
>>
>>337052487
It's because he is, a lot of these guys have a tendency to just ramble on
Comes with making videos and having to fill time I would think
>>
>>337051790
He was already overleveling, if anything. The fucking damage he dealt with that uchi in the last boss battle, damn.

Now it's just silly.
>>
>>337052538
I remember them being good at Killer is Dead, though that's not a really difficult game. Liam was good at that indie castlevania-like game.

Was that their first playthrough of MGR? I remember that there was some kind of controversy around this.
>>
>>337052651
Remember when people bitched about Pat using big swords and a str build all the time
>>
>33 hours
>Cathedral

What the FUCK pat, I finished the goddamn game at 33 hours
>>
Pat has fallen to the level of Disinterested Matt in the last year or so.

>Claims to be a huge Persona fan, but has only beaten 4. He quit playing 3 and refuses to play 1 and 2. Won't play Persona Q and outright prevents others from playing it.
>Refuses to play old games because "you can't go back to those mechanics."
>"Hates" System Shock 2 and Deus Ex for that reason.
>Used console commands to insta-kill the final boss of Baldur's Gate 2
>Called Banjo Kazooie shit despite later admitting that he had never played it
>Claims to be a huge Resident Evil, and Silent Hill fan, but is barely proficient at those games
>Claims to be a huge JoJo, Berserk, Kamen Rider, and Game of Thrones fan but hasn't read all of the current media and refuses to do so. Bitches when the other friends want to talk about those franchises because he isn’t caught up.
>Looks up the game they play on gameFAQs and tries to pretend that he just knew how to do whatever needs to be done in the LP
>Believes that games should include token minority characters for the sake of filling a diversity quota, even if those characters have no personality
>Created a Free Company on FF14 to do everything for him, give him all the best items, to run him through raids so he can level without doing anything. Actively shouts down and belittles new players who don’t have good gear or aren’t experienced
>Actively spoils game plots for himself on the internet and tries to justify it because “spoilers are unavoidable on social media”
>>
>>337052442
Especially after Woolie asked for the opposite in the first episodes.
And of course it's a wepaon he'd have to read about in forums and wikis before he'd even consider it. Why do they just let him do his shit? He obviously needs a handler.
>>
>>337052836
As I understand it, it was blind until a bit before the Monsoon fight.
>>
>>337052671
He's a guy who was involved in making guides for some of the Souls games, so I imagine that he thinks that he knows a great deal more about the game than others do. He's babying Woolie too much.

As an aside, that Woolie x Plague video was... a waste of 2 hours.
>>
>>337052487
He tries WAY too hard to be fancy. He's a literal fedoralord, and his whole gimmick is "I'm going to talk about souls games like I'm a guest on NPR." But it comes off as awkward and stilted
>>
>>337052651
>wanted a new style of weapons?
DS2 was with the greatsword, Estoc is kind of as far as opposite as you can get.
>>
>>337052885
No actually because I barely ever watch LPs. This one's certainly shitting all over me so maybe it's just not my thing.
>>
>>337051162
they went from making fun of DSP to becoming DSP.
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>337053017
2 hour bitchfest about a game that was touted as having the best character creator ever only letting them make waifus?
It was fine.
>>
>>337052836
The very first part of mgr was going in blind but they played ahead on their own afterwards
>>
>>337053017
>Claim to want to make a character that fits the setting
>completely disregard what the setting of the game actually is and instead designs for what they wish the setting was
>end up making old Casca with the personality of Toph
>>
>>337053147
yes i realize that, I haven't watched the other LPs, but I was assuming using the one weapon that every try-hard uses was what Woolie was trying to avoid.

My bad.
>>
>>337053017
It was totally worthless. I waited over an hour for them to actually make a funny character or something and just gave up. They tried to make an accurate looking medieval knight character in a fucking waifu dress up game. Who the fuck would do that?
>>
>>337052592
That was doing end-game level content at an end-game level, though.
>>
>>337052975

Holy shit do you post this in every thread?
>>
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat
Pat is at it again
>b-but i got spoiled guys i swear! i accidentaly read through a whole thread
>>
>almost 60% dislike on latest video

Topkek
serves that codeine chugging retard right.
>>
>>337052975
you don't have to be good at games to enjoy them anon.
>>
>>337052761
If you "know" you're going to die during an invasion, why not just stick it out? Worst possible thing is you die, at best you could win or even learn something.
>>
>>337053769
Thats why he is going on a damage control parade in twitter.
>>
>>337053757
>I saw Marcus tweet something about the leech guys a while back I knew the torch was important but not why.
I don't recal marcus tweeting anything like that, I wasn't able to find it either, and if I'm not mistaken he still doesn't know about it.
who cares tho
>>
>DS3
>Matt and Woolie talking about literally anything besides the game
>Pat occasionally reads item descriptions or goes "WOah look at that", then Matt and Woolie goes "oh cool" then goes back to their bullshit
>It's a Woolie pretends to be be black episode
>Pat trivializing the fuck out of the game by grinding
What a fucking waste of an LP, and I don't even want to look at the last DeS stream given how shitty the first two were
>>
File: pat.jpg (63 KB, 613x666) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
63 KB, 613x666
>just reached cathedral of the deep
>is already level 64
>farmed the whole silver knight set off screen
>suddenly has multiple upgraded estoc because he probably read online that they were OP
>literaly makes no progress for 45 minutes
>literally just r1 spams agains the invader
>goes into equip menu and pulls out torch as soon as the maggots touch him
>OH HEY THE TORCH BURNED THE MAGGOTS HUH
>>
Gotta love that blind playthrough, especially when Pat's reading every single god damn comment on YouTube, Reddit, etc and even reading other people's comments about DS3.

And of course, calling people who call out his BS "tinfoil hat wearers". Not to mention there's an autistic penguin sucking his dick right now.
>>
>>337053887
Pat made a comment on twitter this weekend about how DS3 isn't hard, and how he would breeze through it even if he hadn't overleveled.
>>
>>337054028
Yeah, but he is doing damage control right NOW.
>>
>>337050209
The thing is, they've hit critical mass where they can stay afloat on their community of dick riders defending their lack of effort and giving them money anyway, as evidenced by the streams
The only thing left to do is towalk away and wait for the entire LP bubble to pop
>>
Oh, it's another "Pat pretends he didn't read the entire wikia" video
>>
Honest question, why do you guys watch TBFP?
What is different about them from say, Game Grumps or PewDiePie or whatever?
>>
>>337054028
>the game is not hard guys! the bosses are easy because i can dodge them so easily not because i have a fuck ton of HP and attack power
>gets hit 1000 times per boss fight
>>
Didn't they do a blind playthrough of Bloodborne with a fairly small amount of dislikes, because they didn't spoil themselves by reading comments and shit?

Why the hell would they suddenly decide to read comments and spoil themselves, then insult the viewers questioning Pat's actions?
>>
>>337054101
They are probably going to quit doing LPs and instead just stream and do mailbags to get free shit
>>
>>337054192
Pat wasn't playing blind for 2/3rds of the game. no matter how hard he denies it.
>>
>>337053757
>There was a spoiler livestream right when I booted my PS4! I couldn't avoid watching the entire stream!
>>
>>337053939
The DeS stream became a clusterfuck of invasions and one guy being the best bodyguard Woolie could ever want. It became somewhat fun once I started not giving a shit about people breaking the game for him.
>>
>>337054156
When they play games that they actually know pretty well like Silent Hill, RE or games like Deadly P that are not too hard, but still have fun stuff in them, then they just relax and talk normally about both the game and other things. But for more than a year now all they do is quote stupid tv shows and make annoying noises.
I pretty much only listen to their podcast at this point
>>
>>337054281
Pat knew exactly what to do once they got out of Yharnam. He would run straight for items, avoiding enemy placements. Even Woolie started giving him shit about it.

>I-I don't know why the trophy didn't pop when we beat the boss. Mu-must be a glitch!
>>
File: 1321924328683.jpg (67 KB, 407x482) Image search: [Google]
1321924328683.jpg
67 KB, 407x482
>>337053757

This midget fuck lies so much.
>retweeting fans that defended him saying he wasn't actually over leveled when he was
>newest video shows he's at level 64 with the full black knight set at the fucking Cathedral of the Deep

It's comical.
>>
>>337054156
They used to be entertaining and it's difficult to let go of a part of your routine
I gave them up a while ago and it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders
>>
>>337053939
DeS stream had its moments but nothing will really trump 2 in terms of how long it takes them to progress or actually get challenged by areas.

>running off a cliff to escape the scraping spear
>summoned phantom chilling back letting woolie progress while bodying every invader that shows up
I liked it because I was under no illusion that the game would be hard or take a long amount of time to beat, the main difficulty of DeS and to a lesser extent DS1 was just not knowing about all the absurdly broken items, and thats just not going to be an issue if you have multiple people who have all beaten the game right there with you
>>
>>337053296
how do you know that?
>>
>>337052975
You forgot:
>is actually entertaining, charismatic and knows his faults

Can't say that about Woolie or Matt.
>>
>>337054381

Would you be willing to try watching a couple of newer guys playing through Dark Souls 3 blind? I don't want to shill too hard here, and I did get spoiled on some stuff.

I don't want to post unless people are willing to give it a shot though.
>>
>>337052836
liam is really good at castlevania and games like that. it's actually very entertaining to watch him play those.
>>
>>337054589
>knows his faults
>>
Pat needs some tough times in life to straighten him out again he is slowly but surely becoming a way too big asshole.

He should never forget that without youtube he would just be a miserable grocery bagger.
>>
Legit question, do any of you actually like Pat? I never did, the guy is a total unfunny douche for me.
>>
>>337053847
At the same time don't act like you know shit about games then.
>>
>>337054670
I don't know, i barely watch LPs because of the actual games, more because of the commentary
>>
>>337054670
It depends entirely on whether you are entertaining as people.
>>
>>337054670
everyone you didn't watch is a new guy, go for it
>>
>>337048680
>why do people have fun in games in different ways than me!

The only reason you get enjoyment of playing games the hardest way is because you can't accomplish shit in real life.
>>
>>337054589
>entertaining, charismatic
No, the only one of them even close to being "charismatic" is Liam, and even then he can still be an annoying piece of shit.
>knows his faults
No he doesn't, none of them do because they're fans call any complaints "whining" and tell them that they're all great and not to listen to haters.
>>
>>337054727

Pat requires the right person to be paired with. He's best with Matt, or something who just generally won't take his shit.

Basically the proper comedy duo personality of angry/straight man and goofy/who gives a fuck funny man
>>
>Matt the Meme Machine
>Pat the Patronizing Plebian
>Woolie the Walking Wallower
>>
That video with Woolie and Plague was godawful.

The amount of sniffing their own farts over what they consider 'realistic good characters' was enough to make me choke.
>>
>>337054002
I think he's already said that Plague told him to use the torch.

>>337054017
What does he have to gain from lying about not knowing stuff? Other that apparently just to piss you off.
Because most fans don't give a shit if its a blind run or not, so why would he lie to, apparently not, fool the five people that give a shit?

Now, the off screen leveling is what's bullshit, as it'll make the game way too easy.

He should have created another character if he wanted to keep playing the game.
>>
>>337054678
I rewatch them at a regular basis. Not even Matt is bad in them, he enjoys these games and they largely talk about them. It's really comfy
>>
>>337054727
He actuallyseemed like a nice guy back when they played RE2, after that he got worse with every LP
>>
>>337054815
>>337054817
>>337054835

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQggGBKR48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVl9Tzwh5s

K, here's a couple of our newer videos. The second one isn't Dark Souls related, but its shorter and more of a highlight video.

We're new, so I can't promise we're great, but we're learning. Thanks for giving it a shot.
>>
>>337054156
I used to like watching them, but I stopped a while back. I just check up on these threads every once in a while to see how bad they have gotten since I gave up.
>>
>>337054954
Do people actually like Plague, guy's annoying as fuck
>>
>>337055056
you never said you were furry you piece of shit cock gobbler
i'll watch it tho
>>
>>337054156
got drawn in by their punch-out video that I found hilarious.
Since, I've watched a few things, but disliked most of it. They're still pretty funny.
>>
Real talk, does anyone else feel like Woolie has anti-charisma
Like the way he only seems to be able to compare things to anime/fighting games, doesn't know anything about anything besides Naruto and fighting games yet is unable to admit he's wrong, or even worse goes "Well I'm an idiot :^)" and then doesn't make an effort to learn anything, and has such an eggshell personality that any serious banter makes him pissy baby
Every word out of his mouth seems like an intense act of labour on his part to try and just say something and contribute to the mass of references and injokes that constitutes most of his and Matt's "commentary", to the point where I'm actively disappointed when I hear his voice in a video. He's even worse when he's with Matt, as it just becomes two people patting themselves on the back over idiotic bullshit while being especially careful not to bruise each other's egos and it's just terrible
>>
>>337052975
He posted it again.
>>
File: 1462009754445.jpg (34 KB, 407x600) Image search: [Google]
1462009754445.jpg
34 KB, 407x600
>>337053017
>2 hour video of criticising a high fantasy korean MMORPG about it's realism
>featuring dudecatgirlslmao and a guy with the creativity of a fucking stick
>>
>>337054906
Most fans do care if it's blind, they put it to a vote for some dumb ass reason and the autists won out
>>
>>337054992
That was all of them back when they were making purely Machinima videos. Now they're just awful.

Thing is, I can't tell whether or not their success changed them or if they've always been like this and we're only seeing it now because we've learned so much about them.
>>
>>337053939
Matt/Liam and Woolie (Woolie is always there when they do this) just talking about shit that has nothing to do with the game usually annoys me, but not this time since the only alternative is Pat pretending he doesn't know anything and saying "I KNOW WHO THIS IS"
>>
>>337055149
yeah, he's no different than us
I actually enjoy being here too
>>
>>337055208
do you want a gold star on your essay on people you don't like?
>>
>>337055056
Watching your first DS3 part right now, pretty good so far.
You already have way better audio quality than the best freinds had for years, so that's a good thing
>>
>>337055149
I started to watch his DaS playthrough and had to quit in the first vid. He's too much in love with his own voice. The jokes about him are better.
>>
>>337054727
I always thought Pat was the worst of them.
>>
I hope this LP crashes and burns

33 hours and not beat deacons

I beat the game blind in 22
>>
File: 1459501727272.jpg (40 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1459501727272.jpg
40 KB, 500x409
>>337055162

thanks anon, you're just swell
>>
>>337052487
Literally ruins every stream. I'd almost rather just have Disinterested Matt there than have Spy constantly spouting his annoying, Skype-delayed shit.
>>
Have we reached the point where Liam is actually the best
>>
File: carl.jpg (72 KB, 599x404) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
72 KB, 599x404
>he's fucking level 60 already
Uhh...
what's the fucking point of this playthrough then?
>>
>>337055561
We have reached the point where they're all worst
>>
>>337054727
I think Woolie's probably the worst among them, he acts like a total baby half the time.
>>
>>337054240
>Mailbag
That was years ago and they hated it.

>>337054156
I find them funny.
They're just friends playing games, being retarded together for their own amusement.

People take them, and their whole thing, way too seriously.

I mean, look at this guy:
>>337054519
What kind of emotional investment do you have to have in something that you can feel a weight off your shoulders when you stop watching them?

Don't most normal people just become less interested in something and then stop watching over time?

>>337054727
How can you not like Pat?
>>
>>337055597
What are you talking about anon don't you want to hear pat squeal like a pig getting fucked every two seconds
>>
>>337055597
The point is the views and the money and Pat refuses to just make a second character
But the "fanbase" literally just plays defence force for all of their decision so they won't change anyway
>>
>>337055561
Yes, competent at games and doesn't whine about everything or be a scrub shiiteer like pat.
>>
>>337055403

Yeah, if you watch our Sherlock LP (don't), we had similar audio quality, then quickly figured out how to fix that shit

Thanks for the compliment though!
>>
Dude Big Hat Logan turned into this tree

Pharis turned into this big monster
>>
Does anyone have that edit from a doujin where the girl on the bed is going "ah... the drug" and the packet is labelled (You)? Can't seem to find it
>>
File: pat.jpg (169 KB, 750x1041) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
169 KB, 750x1041
>>337053757
My fucking sides
>>
>>337055772
reminder that the Crystal Sage is Big Hat Logan
>>
>>337054101
>there are people in the world who have some warped sense of brand loyalty to a quartet of asshole manchildren
>there are people in this world who give them money and all kinds of other shit, like actual weapons, because every 1 in 10 jokes is funny
What a pathetic way of life.
>>
>>337054002
>Just reached cathedral
>Farmed Silver Knight
>Silver Knight
How? There's no silver knights before cathedral right?
>>
>Pat thinks he's taking a high stance by keeping on grinding
>>
>>337055674
Fuck off Pat.
>>
>>337055867
don't joke like that it triggers me
>>
Heh, I beat the wolf blood before going to the deep as well. Is that usual? You're obviously not supposed to, seeing how easy was the deep for me after that.
>>
>>337055149
Plague's okay with other people. Less so on his own.
>>
>>337053939
>Matt and Woolie talking about random bullshit
>Pat opens an item and tries to read the description
>Matt and Woolie won't shut up
>Pat mumbles a bit of the description and moves on
>Matt and Woolie continue to be completely unaware of the game
>>
>>337053893
Tbh I just figured fire was useful since all gross slimy monster types in Souls hate fire.

I was amused to find out nearly everything in the game hates fire.
>>
>>337052975
>Won't play Persona Q and outright prevents others from playing it.
not lending out your game is not the same as actively preventing others from playing
>>
>>337055914
He will never ever admit that he maybe made a wrong or not great descision, ever
>>
>>337048680
I'm proud of wools, to be fair he has fought and beaten 85% of the bosses on his own and was only summoning for the community and was hesitant to do it at all otherwise.

He's more honorable than fucking Pat over-leveling to absolute fucking shit and grinding for hours off camera.
>>
>>337054156
They're assholes, but the kind of enjoyable assholes that you can tolerate and find fun to watch.
>>
>>337055884
He means the black knight with the ultra greatsword.
>>
>>337055884
there is ONE, ONE FUCKING BLACK KNIGHT that he must have farmed for about an hour
>>
>>337055940
It was how i first did it, Cathedral was alot harder for me to find than Watchers.
>>
>>337055884
He farmed the black knight in the corridor. Or someone gave him the set.
>>
>>337055928
I was gonna tell you to fuck off, but then I realised that I'm fat, balding and misanthropic. So, it many ways, I am Pat, I guess.
>>
>>337055674
>Don't most normal people [...]

where do you think you are, you fucking mongoloid
>>
File: vs estoc.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
vs estoc.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
>SIMPSONS
>I wonder what this item is...guys?
>SIMPSONS
>MOVIE REFERENCE
>RANDOM SHIT
>SIMPSONS
>I'll probably play on my own time, too, guys.
>overlevels to fucking 60
>not even past cathedral

What a fucking mess of a series.
>>
>>337055772
I can already see it coming
>reaches irythill
>DUDE THATS TOTALLY ANOR LONDO
>THE MOON THAT'S TOTALLY GWYNDOLIN
>>
File: Cheeeen.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Cheeeen.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>337056049
>>337056050
Ooooh yeah that makes sense but
>Farmed the entire set
>From the black knight
>Mister Mc neverdropshisset
I can understand farming some things because it looks cool, Like my first time trough i farmed that cathedral knight bucket helm but an ENTIRE SET?
>>
>>337056190
>DUDE THATS TOTALLY ANOR LONDO
Isn't it basically the castle town surrounding the castle?
>>
>>337054156
When they're not being funny, they're just sort of drone-y and bland. When Game Grumps or (I assume) PewDiePie are not being funny, they try to force the humor our by YELLING STUPID SHIT REALLY LOUDLY ISN'T THIS HILARIOUS GUYS??? FAAAAAAAART!!!!

I can watch SBFP while doing something else, and occasionally get a chuckle. If I try to watch Game Grumps, I have to turn it off almost immediately because they're actively annoying.
>>
Pat is going full ham on Twitter right now.

I'd feel sorry for him if not for the fact that he'd pulled this shit before so many times. Fuck Pat.
>>
>Hell no. It was terrible. It was never as useful as upgrading weapons.
Jesus christ pat. He literally has no opinion on his own. He just hates everything from DS2 since that guy made the hate video about DS2 back then. Upgrading armor, bonfire ascetics and power stance were great.
>pat says power stance is the worst thing ever in DeS stream
>>
>>337055674
anon, you're on /v/. half of the people here have no friends, and are controlling, socially stunted, weirdos that get mad when people don't do what they want or agree with them. Cmon, senpai, it's not rocket science to see why people are so attached to LPers
>>
File: 2.jpg (88 KB, 454x530) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
88 KB, 454x530
>>337056173
Don't forget Matt desperately trying to compare everything to basic bloodborne shit to try and participate
>>
>>337056331
He probably farmed it for souls and got the set as a result or he did it for both.
>>
>>337056439
>no armor upgrades in DaS3
RREEEEEEE
>>
I've simply learned not to watch LP's of theirs if they're playing a game I'm playing or have played recently, the real difficulty is deciding if I should watch a game that's been out in years. Sometimes, with Resident Evil, it's fucking great. Other times, it's Final Fantasy X, and it's the most painful experience ever.

I don't have too many problems with their Souls playthroughs, I was just grateful for the slower content with Bloodborne and such, but I can't deny Pat's attitude on twitter is kind of infuriating. When you stop listening to a vocal community that is far past a minority because you don't like what you're saying, that's when you alienate your fanbase and become nothing but a whore for the blind optimism no matter how far up the ass some parasitic fans can get.

tl;dr - NEVER watch a playthrough of a game you've played recently, you're just asking to get pissed off

Also, the best vids of TBFP is their live stuff. Pat and Woolie's Japan series was comfy as fuck and truly the best waifu simulator.
>>
Oh sorry I forgot OP you didn't really beat the game unless you did it at SL1 Deprived with Dual Shields.

My mistake.
>>
Holy shit this thread is layered in salt. If you guys don't like either Souls LP, don't fucking watch them. No one said "Hey, watch this, now." You're all fully functioning humans who can simply watch one of the other 20 thousand LPs of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3
>>
>>337056331
I call bullshit on Pats claim, I bet he just summoned a fan or friend that dropped the set for him.
>>
>"So, um.. You gonna.. Take some of that criticism and take a chill pill on the grinding or no?"
>"No"

Hahaha what a fuckwad
>>
>>337054727
Pat is easily the best. Even when he gets butthurt, he usually turns it around pretty quick. He almost always seems like he's genuinely having a good time, instead of having to force it like Matt or Woolie, and he's the most consistently funny of all four of them.
>>
DaS II setup is the ideal setup for souls LPs.

A virgin paired with someone with prior knowledge or who plays ahead. Should've done that instead.
>>
>>337056334
Actually the castle from Anor Londo is reused in this game because I guess fucking nothing of substance has ever, literally ever happened in the history of the world of Dark Souls that doesn't have some connection with the events and people of the first game in some way.
>>
>>337056554
I wouldnt mind having it back if it was all titanite, needing to spend so much twinkles was such a waste on most of the coolest armor sets.
>>
>>337056489
To be fair, dsIII is 30% bloodborne, at least.
>>
>>337056615
So what? We can't complain when an LP goes tits up?
>>
>>337055265
Go back and watch those old LPs, they're rather subdued and relaxed, you can see hints of what's terrible about them today but its all rather minor.
Hell, RE2 has Pat constantly fucking up and acknowledging it instead of trying to defend himself.
>>
>>337056558
Awww look at the small child play with the bunnies
>>
>>337056603
Generally I hate the whole "you didn't REALLY play Dark Souls" crap but the grinding is a little out of control.
>>
>>337056689
They tried to avoid these same autists complaining about woolie going to slow.
>>
>>337054156
I watch them mainly because I have been doing so for 4+ years now. When they care about the games and aren't being painfully obnoxious memelords they can actually put out decent content. Other than that it's just the lesser evil when it comes to Youtube let's players, none of their voices are really that obnoxious and they don't really do any of the super shitty stereotypical stuff like scream constantly or have a facecam. Also actually playing their games through to the end helps out in comparison to other channels like OneyPlays where you only get parts, so if I think their dynamic actually works for any game there is enough content there to make me feel content, or regret.
>>
>>337048680
>not doing this
gitgud!
>>
>>337056558
Those rabbits could overpower Pat if they wanted to.
>>
>>337056395
> FAAAAAAAART!!!!
Be careful where you fartpost, anon. Things are about to get messy *pllllsspp*
>>
>>337056747
You can complain, but it gets really fucking annoying. It's on his Twitter, the Subreddit, the Youtube comments, even 4chan. Jesus you're all just being a bunch of angsty fuckwads over an LP you don't need to watch.
>>
>>337056775
This. There is no sense in being higher than level 30 in the Cathedral
>>
>>337056696
I'm aware. But I thought Iythrill was basically the town surrounding it. It's pretty close to the proper castle, and the enemies are wearing clothes that resemble Gwyndolin's.
>>
>>337054002
>OH HEY THE TORCH BURNED THE MAGGOTS HUH
I didn't know about this.
I just slapped on a bloodbite ring and avoided those motherfuckers like the plague.
>>
File: 990.jpg (20 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
990.jpg
20 KB, 600x562
>>337056603
>>337056615
>TBF fans are on full damage control in this thread
>>
>>337056747
naw, you can complain. But don't expect me not to complain that your fake friends arent doing what you want.
>>
>>337056615
lmao y u so salty guuuuuuuuuys XD
>>
>>337056862
It's almost as if people were looking forward to the playthrough and are disappointed Pat is being a dipshit.
>>
>>337056973
You should know by now that they're dipshits. This was made appearant long, long ago.
>>
>>337048983
>easy mode
>not a game mechanic
>>
>>337056775
It's the only way for him to play without playing ahead. The dude wants to play more DaS but he can only progress when recording. It's a dead end scenario.

>>337056827
I can believe that those are just >>337056603 these type of people. A vocal minority. this time it's legit horrible though.
>>
>>337056905
You can also use the red moss, the description says it's used as a repellent.
>>
>Complaining about the way someone plays a videogame.
Why do people do this?
>>
>>337049769
>>337050209
>make fun of someone so says the game is too hard for them
>get mad when someone plays the game on easy mode

You're all fucking retarded
>>
>>337056827
Woolie only went slow because of their retarded pass off on death rule. DS2 was their best setup.
>>
>>337056862
If the complaining is everywhere, maybe there's something worth looking into. And it's not like any of them browse 4chan anymore, and Pat never did in the first place.
>>
I just ate a metric ton of red moss, I had no idea the torch did that.

Why wouldn't anyone eat the moss? It's literally the anti-bleed item.
>>
>>337057048
Because they want other dickweeds to share their opinion, in hopes of making Pat reset the entire LP, which will never happen.
>>
>>337056712
Yeah I was kind of annoyed too, I liked to make a fashionable set and then upgrade it so I didnt get assfucked by elements and had decent poise.
Poise is out I guess but the resistances are still a thing.
>>
>>337057029
Or you know, just use one of the multiple character slots
>>
>>337056881
well I did go there after i beat wolnir, and old king and whole demon ruins, because I forgot, also breaking several npc questlines for my first fucking playthrough
>>
>>337056152
>>337056484
You're right, my bad.
>>
>>337057172
Yeah, that's just stupidity on his part.
>>
>>337057029
He literally said he has an alt character for the PC version. He has no excuse.
>>
>>337057053
There is a huge difference between the posts you quoted and your meme arrows.

What happened, anon?
>>
>>337049769
>pulls out a fuckin torch at 20 minutes in without no explanation when he gets maggots

bravo. fuckin bravo pat
>>
File: 1398026594250.jpg (40 KB, 552x426) Image search: [Google]
1398026594250.jpg
40 KB, 552x426
>>337055056
>furfag lper
Do you have a boyfriend
>>
File: image.png (454 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
image.png
454 KB, 900x582
>can't play the game myself
>decide to watch the lp because I like the guys
>overleveling off camera, changing gear off camera, getting all the lore from previous games fucking wrong
>but I can't stop because I want to see the game
>>
>>337057467
watch enb at least, he is infuriating too but cute infuriating
>>
>>337057048
I don't know shit about Dark Souls,but every time i hang out with my friends who do play it they get in a autism fueled pissing match about who's the expert and what weapons suck
>>
>>337057312
It's called a strawman
>>
>Not beating the game SL1 Barehanded with the Guitar Hero controller

Just how much of a fucking casual are you, /v/?
>>
>>337057467
Why watch these fucks of all people? Why not watch a "no commentary" video from just about anyone else?
>>
>>337053880
Worst case scenario your invasion dies in a really crap spot and you lose your bloodstain
>>
I just watch TBFP for the for the commentary, I couldn't give less of a shit if they are doing bad in the game, as long as the conversation is interesting.
>>
>>337057552
>ENB thinks that the Profaned Capital is in Lordran
dunno about that one tbqh
>>
>>337057695
>as long as the conversation is interesting
Which it usually isn't.
>>
>>337057695
But it's not
and then when that happens all you have to focus on is the game and they're playing it badly.
>>
>>337057395

i-i can be whatever you want for those sweet views, anon
>>
File: watching bf fucking my bff.png (906 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
watching bf fucking my bff.png
906 KB, 1152x720
>Pat grinded to level 64
>and he is now using upgraded Estoc too
>also get lost for 20minutes and dont edit it out of the video

I'm trying my best not to hate on Pat but now he is really deserving it.
Woolie needs to handle the controls ASAP.
>>
>>337054156

The main reason is TBFP actually knows their shit for the most part while Game Grumps and PewDiePie don't except for a few select games.

Also TBFP generally do not try to "milk" their LPs like say Game Grumps by acting like retards and missing obvious in game tells.

Though in the Deus Ex: HR they are bumbling around a lot but at least they ADMIT that shit. Plus you know, game tester stories while fuck around with npcs.
>>
>>337056558
>Also, the best vids of TBFP is their live stuff.
Except for Matt's horribly unfunny and forced zoo/toys/trip videos, god fucking damn I wish he made a personal channel for his bullshit.
>>
>>337056439
you could upgrade armour in DS1 you idiot
>>
>>337057839
>>337057827
Just because you guys don't like the conversation, doesn't mean I don't. Just saying.
>>
Fucking hell it's like they're doing everything they possibly can to piss off their viewers.
>>
>>337051162
>>337053181

You do realize that DSP was hated because he blames the game for everything and not just because he was shit at everything, right?
>>
File: 1409104811676.png (51 KB, 315x264) Image search: [Google]
1409104811676.png
51 KB, 315x264
>>337057956
>Having an opinion different from mine
>>
File: pupupu.gif (992 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
pupupu.gif
992 KB, 500x465
>mfw game grumps did a similar thing
>They get to cathedral of the deep
>open next episode
>15 levels higher and a +4 dark sword
>Mistakes an NPC invasion for a real player and panics, Goes on a rant on how much of a dick some players are
>Dan pretending he knows anything of what Arin is talking about
It's awful in a cute way
>>
>>337049769
He does know about stuff, did you see how he took out the torch before he even knew about the leeches?
>>
>>337052442

If he was a full PvPer at least he'd have the excuse that in pvp, using an optimal setup to win is the norm.
>>
>>337057872
>Woolie needs to handle the controls ASAP
>in a Souls game

Is your post supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>337057371
"OH IT LOOKS LIKE I GOT SOMETHING ON ME THAT WAS GIVING ME BLEED DAMAGE AND I JUST HAPPENED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO TO GET RID OF IT. HUH. WEIIIIIIIIRD."
>>
>>337057943
And nobody gave a shit, but in DS2 it was suddenly a bad thing. And of course now that's gone again it's being called shit.
There's literally no fucking downside to it. It amkes builds with good looking armor that may have lower stats way more viable
>>
>>337057802
It's directly underneath Anor Londo
>>
>>337055056
Weird furry stuff aside, thoroughly okay. Nowhere near as annoying as I would have expected, decent gameplay and production value The commentary isn't really strong enough to support the full runtime right now, though that will come with practice.
>>
>>337057956
>410 billion dead cops lmao XD
>>
>>ENB thinks that the Profaned Capital is in Lordran
well it is directly below Anor Londo so it probably IS within the kingdom of Lordran
but the Profaned Capital also looks suspiciously like Things Betwixt
>>
>pat says he stops grinding right now
Welp, he's probably level 120 anyway
>>
>>337058238
One of the item descriptions even says that Pontiff Fuckface found the Profaned flame directly underneath Irythill.
>>
>>337058096
Also
>Gets back to firelink
>IM GOING TO GO CHECK ON YOEL
>HAHA HE MIGHT BE DEAD OR SOMETHING
>He's dead
>NO WOOLIE THERES NOBODY ELSE HERE *Takes care not to spin around and reveal Yuria*
>Complete non-reaction to her "reveal"
>IM NOT HEALING THE DARK SIGIL FUCK THAT!
It was so blatant.
>>
Remember, Pat said that Monkey Island is "too hard" to play for the channel.

Ignoring the fact that Woolie has played all 4 of the main games and can help him, how the fuck is Monkey Island hard? The only puzzle in the entire series that might make you go "what the fuck?" is the "if this is 4, what's this" puzzle.
>>
File: 1370049279847.png (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1370049279847.png
18 KB, 200x200
>>337057862
Post your Furaffinity
>>
>>337057956
STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Smug 2.png (17 KB, 284x292) Image search: [Google]
Smug 2.png
17 KB, 284x292
>>337058215
The genuine panic i've seen some people have thanks to the worms is so much part of the fun, There's just no way anything is going to give a genuine "Woah!" this entire playtrough when he has probably already seen the entire game
>>
>>337058307
This is gonna sound weird but...

I kinda wish Dark Souls III had Archstones. Like Demon's Souls had. And rather than have all the areas mashed together, you navigated to completely different locales, all far apart from one another.
>>
Remember how Pat's fuckups with the Jojo ASB video made him humble and apologetic?

I guess souls is so close to his heart he absolutely cannot accept any critcism about playing it.
>>
>>337057552
>Insists on pronouncing Anri UHNREE
No, fuck you ENB, you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>337054156
they've made good stuff in the past.
>>
>>337058358
>nioh demo video
>pat dies in less than a minute
>YEP WE'RE NOT GONNA LP THIS GAME
>i-it's harder than dark souls so it's unfair
>>
He must be a retard. How hard is it to leave the leeches on and take some bleeding damage, if you're gonna pretend? Taking the fucking torch out like that, what the fuck kind of liar skills is that? Are people actually that shit at lying? I might be a genius if so.
>>
>>337058086
Yeah, but I feel like I could listen to Danny talk about dry mud for hours on end and be entertained. The dude's a goldmine. Put him in front of a video game and you're set.
>>
The whole fun of it is watching them struggle through the game and discover new things, this is just garbage. You're so fucking overpowered, why are you even doing an LP? Why would I watch you wade through the game like it's fucking nothing, while you look shit up online and have a crowd of people holding your hand? What's the fun in that?

They don't even stop to talk about any interesting shit, no discussion about the setting, the lore, what is the point? Who the fuck would spend their first play-through running through the game ignoring everything and grinding like a fucking idiot?

People gave them crap with Bloodborne and DS2 BUT THOSE WERE STILL FUN TO WATCH. It was just meaningless bullshit in the comments, people didn't actually HATE the videos (not this much anyways). They overreacted to the feedback and just took a big dump on their own LP out of insecurity.

>hurr durr farming is a part of the game

It's meant to progress naturally, you go through the game and it feeds you souls as you naturally progress through areas so you scale along with things, if you die, you go through again and get a bit extra so things are easier. Farming a ridiculous amount of souls completely circumvents the balance and makes PVE pointless. There's a reason every single level you get, no matter what, increases your defensive stats. The game distributes titanite in the same way.

I honestly think that they should just restart, and get up to where they are again without the grinding, wipe the fucking slate clean, they never should've let Pat do that in the first place, it's retarded.
>>
>>337058217
>It makes builds with good looking armor that may have lower stats way more viable.
no it doesn't, you would have upgraded both the shitty and good armor. i agree that upgrading armor was not important tho but some did, and I'd like it in this one.
>>
>>337057802
He's playing it blind -- I also assumed the profaned capital was AL before I got through the dungeon.
>>
>>337058086
I'm surprised people can mistake NPC invasions for real players. The name is the only thing you need to notice to know it's a player.
>>
>>337058436
This would have been better, I agree.
>>
>>337052538
Having blind reactions to everyone but with a pointman on gameplay is the best. I enjoyed their starfox adventures play through.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.