[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The main reason id want to play this game is for the story, Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Rand C.jpg (12 KB, 200x251) Image search: [Google]
Rand C.jpg
12 KB, 200x251
The main reason id want to play this game is for the story, Is it good? Are these two characters the same ratchet and clank I grew up with
>>
If you play for the story you can skip this safely.
>>
>>337039026
Yes.
>>
>playing R&C for the story
>>
>>337039026
>The main reason id want to play this game is for the story

Behold: The modern gaming audience.
>>
>>337039321
Im a huge fan of all of the previous games, and I am satisfied enough with the gameplay of the original ratchet
>>
File: 1445456595965.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1445456595965.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>
No its not worth the story. The story is a mess because it's supposed to be tied with the movie.
>>
The story is crap and disjointed b/c of the movie

The gameplay is great though because all the weapons are satisfying.
>>
>>337040012
Not really. Some weapons are really underwhelming like the bomb glove and Mr Zurkon.
Bomb glove is way too small and does no damage. Mr Zurkon is out for like 10 seconds max.

>>337039026
The story and characters are shit. But the gameplay was fun.
>>
Not OP, but what in particular has changed between the two versions of the games?
>>
>>337041252
Less planets. Less charm.
More strafing. More annoying on screen prompts and people not shutting the fuck up.
>>
>>337039026
Well that depends. Did you enjoy the story of games like Tetris, Pong, and the Terminator Salvation Arcade game?
>>
>>337039836
>>337040012
How so, are the characters still the same?
>>
>>337043864
No, they're not the same. Quark is re-telling the events of R&C1. So now you have human galactic rangers. But Quark is also characterizing Ratchet and Clank as bumbling loveable heroes. All the character development in the first game is gone.
>>
>>337039026
Then why not just see the movie?
>>
>>337044052
I perefereed ratchet and clank as they were in the ps3 series,
are they at least like that?
>>
>>337044250
because appearantly the game tells the story better
>>
>>337044337
Didn't play PS3 series, don't know. But if you're looking to pick up the game for story, just don't bother. Insomniac didn't really give a shit. Hell, even during the cutscenes that are random off putting cuts between each scene or gameplay. Very jarring. Sarcastic tone is all gone, not even a single crotchitizer joke.
>>
>>337044838
Crotchitizer didn't exist at that point though. Guess they could've forced it into existence but eh.

>>337044337
Yes.
>>
>>337044337
Why
>>
Story I'd trash and nothing like the original games
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.