[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /v/ give me your predictions when will it start dying ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
so /v/

give me your predictions

when will it start dying ?
>>
>>337032850
right after this beta ends lol
>>
When it's out and people get tired of a barebones $40 shooter.
>>
>>337033227
True
>>
>>337033389
The game does feel pretty barebones and my favorite waifu is shit in-game.
>>
When Battleborn...oh wait
>>
>>337032850
I'd give it a year and a half
>>
>>337032850
After the third expansion.
>>
>>337032850
a month after launch just like battlefront it has 2 modes 1/4 heros are actually viable

LACK OF CONTENT
>>
The market is saturated with online only shooters, look at shit like Titanfall and Evolve. Unlike a singleplayer game, MP games need communities and a small community worldwide isn't enough to sustain all those upcoming online only multiplayer shooters
>>
>>337032850
doa
>>
>>337032850
The games primary focus of team synergy is completely absent in pubs, which is why heroes who require some degree of coordination or specific heroes to counter (bastion) are considered so fucking strong in pub play, but underpowered as hell in comp. Not just that, but the focus on synergy means the individual players skill means a lot less (thanks to how powerful supports or, and how easy it is to instagib people with certain heroes) so carrying an otherwise unwinnable game becomes significantly harder, or downright impossible depending on the role required. The result is I feel the casual players will quickly grow tired of the gameplay once the honeymoon period is over and the game will be left will a small dedicated fanbase, like HotS.
>>
>>337038727
>The result is I feel the casual players will quickly grow tired of the gameplay once the honeymoon period is over and the game will be left will a small dedicated fanbase, like HotS.

The best goddamn result possible.
>>
>>337032850
Can't you just accept it's fun without being angry Blizzard made something good again?
>>
>>337038838
Pretty much. The day I'm not forced to play Genji because no one can kill a Bastion, or play Lucio because no one knows/wants to play a support, is the day I can actually enjoy Overwatch.
>>
>game starts losing players
>Blizz releases new character or maps
>population spikes
>repeat formula ad nauseum

It's like you faggots never played a Blizzard game before.
>>
>>337032850
I give it a good 10 years. Wc3 is still alive and is what 13 years old now?
>>
>>337039831
That was when Blizzard was a household name and revered for making GOOD games, not the casual shitfest with new team members(because all the old ones that actually MADE war3 and previous good games all left the company) churn out now.
>>
>>337032850
>Every Overwatch thread just shows most of /v/ is casual and has no friends
>>
>>337041405
>implying you didn't enjoy Overwatch.
>>
everything in the universe is at some stage of dying, except for overwatch which is already dead
>>
File: 1384790018032.jpg (16 KB, 229x204) Image search: [Google]
1384790018032.jpg
16 KB, 229x204
>competitive overwatch
>>
File: 1275306422320.jpg (35 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1275306422320.jpg
35 KB, 500x384
2 months after release when people realize that

1. Its a game about switching characters so they cant just play as the guy they like

and

2. Everyone has insta kill buttons so they can't MLP pro montage videos for youtube where they went 40 kills no deaths
>>
>>337043207
Yeah that's what i hate about overwatch
It's just so damn easy to kill other players,everyone is too powerful.
>>
>>337032850
It will decrease slightly in a month, but there will always be bitchboi blizzard fans still playing the game.

I don't see it dying like Evolve or EABattlefront.
>>
>>337032850
tomorrow
>>
>>337037387
They've already confirmed they're going to be making new maps and heroes in the future and that it'll all be free, though.
>>
>>337032850
Eh not soon given the overall rather positive response. It's a nice casual multiplayer game.
>>
It's a Blizzard game so never. It'll always have its cocksuckers, like Hearthstone
>>
As soon as you stop posting about it, faggot.
>>
It'll die within the year for sure.
>>
>>337032850
As soon as it stops being free to play.
>>
Blizzard games don't really seem to die. Even games like SC2 receive support.
Hell, WC3 and D2 got updates not too long ago. A game being dead doesn't really seem to matter when it comes to Blizzard.
It won't be as lively since it isn't available on Steam and Battle.net is more frustrating to use, but it'll do about as well as anything else.

It doesn't have a lot of staying power right now, but once content starts rolling out people will be more inclined to keep playing, pretty much like TF2 at release. Not talking about the Orange Box, just TF2 itself.
>>
Its dead already. I just can't play that game more than like 2 games in a row. And I even have 60 hours in EABF

The thing with it is that there's just no reason to play. In BF4 you unlock better weapons, in CSGO you progress in your rank etc... In this game you have everything unlocked from start and the skins are pretty shit.

Also the chracters suck, fuck Blizzcuck
>>
>>337032850
I'd say you should check the goddamn catalog before you make a new thread you fucking retarded blizzard shill
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.