[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My attacks and grabs damage invaders too. itt: neat tricks you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1097x782) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1097x782
My attacks and grabs damage invaders too.

itt: neat tricks you've found for causing a ruckus
>>
>>337031897
Unplugging my ethernet cable
>>
Losing every invasion I do
I really suck at the game
>>
>>337033478
if it makes you feel any better i did 10+ invasions in the span of 40 minutes and lost every single one horribly
>>
>>337033328
I love making people rage/puss out enough to rip their internet cables out.

I consider it sweeter than a regular victory.
>>
>>337034012
I lose either because I don't know how to play with the weapon I use (red hilted halberd), there's always phantoms with the hosts, they have estocs or all the above
>>
>>337034158
yeah im not sure how to handle when a host has a bunch of phantoms and its just you

seems like theres a lot of luck and chance involved, moreso than actual skill
>>
>>337034306
Gorilla warfare always does the trick.
>>
File: 1414258085824.gif (2 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1414258085824.gif
2 MB, 160x120
>>337034012
>9/10 of my own invasions are gank squads
>feel bad for invaders so I pop my finger to try and offer some fair 1v1's
>most invaders thinks its some elaborate trap with a bunch of phantoms

I just want to 1v1
>>
>>337035080
There's fight clubs but that's boring
>>
>>337034158
>>337034306
Either make a guerilla tactics stealth build with obscuring ring and slumbering dragoncrest or join the Aldrich Faithful covenant. Ideal invasion level for Aldrich Faithful seems to be around level 51 with reinforcement capped at +6

Or you can combine both strategies for ultimate assholery, like me
>>
>>337034306
>He can't focus on more than one enemy at a time while foreseeing and perfectly dodging every single attack by everyone, while chasing the host like a bloodthirsty hound
Fucking casual
>>
>>337034158
how do you fuck up with the red hilted halberd? Use Perseverance (2handed L2) and start poking when you see them attack. Equip Leo ring and win
>>
>>337035173
I Hate high level pvp for the most part, most fun I have is around 25-50
>>
>>337035284
How's Aldrich Faithful any different from other invasions?
>>
>>337035367
>Equip Leo ring
I'm SL20 and I don't feel like progressing to Irithyll. Besides no amount of gear is going to help if I just suck.
>>
>>337035080
I walk around embered with dried fingers on a lot. However most invaders see it as an invite to sneak attack me with r1 spam while I'm engaged with NPCs. I still fare quite well against the type of person that does this, but still. They're probably desperate for a covenant item or something.

As an invader I try to be creative and an interesting fight. Themed costumes and fighting styles mostly. My favorite so far has been invading as a ninja in the cathedral of the deep. Throwing kukri, sneak attacking and plinking arrows at phantoms then hiding with a white branch.
>>
>>337035427
It often turns into a gangbang against the host as your fellow Aldrich faithfuls pop in mixed with dark phantoms. It's very cathartic.
>>
>>337035824
Oh, cool. Think I'll level my low mound maker to 50s once I get all the shackles I want so never
>>
>>337031897
>Be kinda shit at pvp
>Hatch evil plot
>Hit and run tactics while letting the host and his phantom advance through level
>Host hasn't used an estus and is at 1/4 health just before fog door
>Phantom is busy killing mobs
>It's time
>Speed of Mimic Kenyans
>Run up behind host
>R1R1
And that's how I got my first tonguing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMfapDlm9UY
>>
How to make Wolnir even easier:

Breaking all the pots with bones inside his room before touching the chalice makes it impossible for him to summon skeletons during the fight.
>>
>>337037530
he summons skeletons? both times I fought him there were none
>>
>>337034131
Especially because that one disconnect might be the one that causes them to use their only way of the white or if they already have then they fucked up their playthrough
>>
>>337037530
That's actually pretty neat
>>
>>337035824
Aldritch faithful is the greatest covenant in this game it literally spits on the people that make ganksquads by using your own brethren as ganks agianst them
And you don'thaver to be 51 I'm at 62 +6 weapon and still getting back to back invasions I am on ps4 though
>>
>>337037717
can't you get another one by going to the grave you spawn in at the start of the game?
>>
>>337036636
just invade as a grape in the Aldrich faithful stomping grounds. Most Aldrich people are welcoming of more invaders. Juts be careful, because while Aldrich invaders can't hurt each other, everyone can still hurt reds and grapists.
>>
Invaders.

If it's a gank the only way you'll even the odds is if you run. You run to some shit mobs and let the wittle down the estus the host/phantoms have. Remember, only the host needs to die, prioritize hitting him. Take potshots. Go round a corner, charge am r2, land it to take an estus away and run again.

Fight smarter not harder.

Hosts.

I've always said it's only a matter of time before you will have to fight the invader. Just deal with it straight up. Dying to an invader is no different than dying to the boss. It just costs an ember and a 5 minute jog back. Summon people at the boss fog if you're that bad.
>>
>>337034131
>I love making people rage/puss out enough to rip their internet cables out.

This invonceniences you more than them.

If you find it satisfying to look for an invasion, get a loading screen, load in and instantly see another loading screen and going back to searching for an invasion then you're deranged.
>>
>>337038256
Shut up you stupid faggot.
>>
>>337038256

>invaders that run like pussies when they are about to lose

is there anything worse in dark souls?
>>
File: WhiffPunish.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WhiffPunish.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>337034158
Only way to lose in invading, (not counting gank squads mind you) is if you don't know how to use your weapon.

Know the range and punish. RHH is really goddamn annoying if the user really stays away and knows when to poke punish.
>>
>>337038461
If it's a 1v1 then yeah that's pussy shit but if you think I'm just gonna stand and stare at a 3v1 while waiting for the blues to show up you're dead fucking wrong.
>>
>>337038326
I was talking about getting someone near death before they disconnect.

Seeing a disconnect right as I'm invading in just makes me disappointed in people.
>>
>>337038256
>Summon people at the boss fog if you're that bad.
I'll just summon people at the bonfire and pop a seed lad
enjoy your silver knights and crabs
>>
>>337038520
>he uses estus
>>
>>337038723
If it's 2v1 then it sure as shit is allowed
>>
If you want to get a shitload of covenant items, really quickly, the Catacombs of Carthus is the best place to go.

>traps (arrows, balls, breakable bridge for occasional kills)
Don't expect any of this to kill (even the bridge is iffy unless you hit them with a DSGB while they're on it), but it can be really good for taking out weakened phantoms or making them use up their estus.

>a narrow bridge over a death pit (the stone one)
If you use a curved GS, a GS, UGS, or anything that has big hitboxes, a lot of the time people will roll right off and die. Just be careful you don't die yourself.
The narrow bridge also makes for good cheese if you're twinking with the Firelink Greatsword or other weapon that does huge KB or taking advantage of that White Hair Talisman/Sacred Flame glitch to instakill people. Don't be afraid to go on the offensive there.

>a ladder high enough that falling off = death
Don't be afraid to throw on the Silvercat ring, here. And of course, sit as high up on the ladder as possible and spam R1, and many phantoms will r1 and fall off.

>a variety of engagement options, including a Seed of a Tree of Giants counter
There are open spaces and closed spaces. Narrow hallways, pillars, all that good stuff. And if the host uses a Seed of a Tree of Giants, all you have to do is awaken all the skeletons, run across and break the bridge, and the host will have to deal with that horde (and they have good pathfinding, so they will go from entrance to entrance blocking off the host). And then you can cheese them with a greatbow while they're fighting.

Reinforce your weapons to +6/+3 for best results. Use the Knight Slayer's Ring to deal with turtles (because I've never encountered turtles more often than here).

SOURCE: I farmed all covenant items (except Dregs) here in under 30 hours. If you got invaded by someone named GRAND DAD, that's me.
>>
>>337038723
Yep. I want to live. No point in invading just to die because I didn't use an estus.
>>
>>337038723
He didn't even get hit again so it's kind of a moot point
>>
>>337038723
>he uses a phantom
>>
>>337038723
He didn't even get hit after he used the estus so really it didn't make any difference.
>>
>>337038785
Yeah just dont post webms like it's some kind of hot shit tho
embarrassing youself
>>
You can survive falling off the rope bridge at Catacombs if you use Silvercat Ring
>>
>>337039038
All the way down to where the mush-mouthed guy is? Extreme doubt.
>>
>>337038918

I don't know m8. He seems pretty hot shit to me.
>>
File: 1461800571320.png (714 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
1461800571320.png
714 KB, 750x1046
>>337038461
>mfw I jihad all over hosts with shitty tactics just to dry up their estus
>then I run away and chemleon in a far off corner and wait
>even in 1v1s
I have no regrets, only tongues.
>>
>>337039224
>>337039224
>All the way down to where the mush-mouthed guy is?
Obviously fucking not you fucking dingus. All the way down to the platform the ladder leads to.
>>
>>337038918
It wasn't a duel though? I don't do duels. They're boring.
>>
>>337038649
>invading as aldrich faithful
>host uses giant seed
>my build makes no noise and has ranged capabilities, so it's easy to sneak around the enemies and even attack in unison with them
>be smugly satisfied that the host essentially wasted their giant seed
>>
>>337039538
>host essentially wasted their giant seed
Oh fuck how to get another lad
>>
>>337031897
>level 52 always embered
>havent been invaded a single time barring the scripted NPC invasions

I don't understand. I don't even see very many summoning signs if I wanted to co-op or invite somebody to a fight.

That being said, your pic reminds me of tower giant bro and his helpful spears of justice. He single-handedly wrecked one of those crabs in the swamps of Farron Keep. Love that guy.
>>
>>337039324
sauce?
>>
>>337039669
disregard that post m8 got another 3 on my toolbar
>>
>>337035080
>wear blue shit thing
>use finger

Let the blues 1v1 the reds so they can earn some concerd or tongues

blues are all shit kek u guys deserve to not get summoned
>>
>>337039716
Try reverse image searching next time

http://g.e-hentai.org/g/557370/b268d92068/
>>
File: image.jpg (773 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
773 KB, 1920x1080
I don't cause a ruckus so much, but people assume I'm up to no good

I RP as mad phantom Solaire, and guide people through Farron Swamp

After gaining the host's trust with a "Hello", a wave, then a "Help me", I take them on a jolly cooperation-filled adventure. Showing them all the little secrets, take them to extinguish the flames, and capping it all off with leading them to obtain their own lightning spear and taking out the stray demon

Just because I'm a mound maker, it doesn't me I want to backstab you. That extra level of trust and cooperation just makes things extra fun and exciting
>>
File: 1422905532912.gif (3 MB, 350x349) Image search: [Google]
1422905532912.gif
3 MB, 350x349
>>337040349
From my experience mound makers are usually pretty good players. I usually enjoy it more to adventure with a purple and not with a white/yellow. Furthermore they normally don't betray you, most just want a duel in front of the fog gate.

Also
>decide to use red soapstone instead of invading
>absolutely destroy my opponents

Say what you want but those ganks are a crash-course in getting gud.
>>
>>337039538
Aldrich Faithful is best covenant
Praise lord Aldrich
>>
>>337037530
are you sure? that doesnt sound right

sometimes he just doesn't summon skeletons because he gets killed in like 50 seconds
>>
>>337041136
I feel like Aldrich faithful is so great because
-the invasion area is one of the more interesting places for combat in the game
-invasions are steady because people will be embered by their victory over Pontiff Sulyvahn
-builds are more varied at that point than early in the game at the Farron area
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.