[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this company hate its fans so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: 2000px-Nintendo.svg.png (50 KB, 2000x492) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Nintendo.svg.png
50 KB, 2000x492
You know, for a fanbase so dedicated, why does Nintendo seem so contempt with fucking the about at every turn and shunning them in favor of casual appeal?

I've paused to think it over today, and it really does seem like Nintendo willfully rejects the wants of its fanbase at every turn.

Almost with resent in fact.

Sakurai's comments on why Smash is purposefully casual in Brawl and 4, followed by his contemptuous "have you ever made a game?" Strikes me as the most vivid example of tgis across all of Nintendo's branches and dev teams.

It honestly kinda pisses me off the more I think about it, because I've been with them since '93.
>>
>>337030825
It's not just them. Practically every company in the industry has this sort of resent for their fans, and if they don't all they do is DLC out the ass to milk the poor suckers dry.
>>
>>337030825
Because the people on /v/ don't speak for all of Nintendo's fans, and 90% of the people that you see "pissed off" at Nintendo are false flaggers that spam wojacks for any console.
>>
>>337030825
Nintendo's been neglecting its fanbase since 2006 when the Wii launched so this is certainly nothing new.

I feel like Iwata tried his best to regain the fanbase's trust during the Wii U era, but as we've seen recently that fell short too.
>>
>>337031017
What does /v/ have anything to do with anything?

I've seen other communities get pissed at Nintendo for the same things everyone here gets pissed at them for. One wuick google search and you'll see that Smashboards, IGN, Gamefaqs, and other communities also hate their decisions.
>>
>>337030825
It's only worth making a fuzz about when Nintendo does it. It's okay when literally any other company (aside from maybe Valve) does it.
>>
>>337031380
I don't know what you're talking about, but other companies haven't willfully casualized their games because "there's no future in competitive play" and the purposefully shut down a mod meant to cater to the audience they see no future in. And the companies that have, have gotten a lot of shit for it, best recent example is Blizzard and Nostralius. Yet, Nintendo kills PM, and people defend them.
>>
>>337030825
Greed.
>>
File: 1459510466262.png (321 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1459510466262.png
321 KB, 600x400
>>337031663
>but other companies haven't willfully casualized their games because "there's no future in competitive play" and the purposefully shut down a mod meant to cater to the audience they see no future in
Are you fucking blind to that kind of practice unless Nintendo is doing it? Tons and tons of other devs do it and you act like it's ONLY Nintendo doing it?
>And the companies that have, have gotten a lot of shit for it, best recent example is Blizzard and Nostralius. Yet, Nintendo kills PM, and people defend them
Nintendo ARE getting a lot of shit for it. Are you so focused on looking at the people defending them with disdain to notice the even bigger camp that shares your fucking opinion? Believe it or not, there are faggots defending Blizzard taking down Nostralius too. But you were too stupid to look at them because you only think Nintendo has retarded fanboys willing to defend their every move.
>>
>>337031161
The reason it fell short is cause of bad marketing, and the few hits they had they failed to follow up on. Splatoon is the only thing they did right so far. Even pokken is dying cause they won't mention any updates, patches, or dlc for it whenever everyone is clamoring for it.
>>
>>337032552
>Nintendo ARE getting a lot of shit for it. Are you so focused on looking at the people defending them with disdain to notice the even bigger camp that shares your fucking opinion? Believe it or not, there are faggots defending Blizzard taking down Nostralius too. But you were too stupid to look at them because you only think Nintendo has retarded fanboys willing to defend their every move.

I've yet to see people rise up in defiance and petition Nintendo to bring back PM or make it official.

I've yet to see anyone do anything but casually complain about region lock, or how they keep going after fanmods, something that's embraced by pretty much every platform that devs for PC.
>>
File: WitchTheBitchh.jpg (905 KB, 1900x2135) Image search: [Google]
WitchTheBitchh.jpg
905 KB, 1900x2135
>>337031009
say what you want, but at least Sony doesn't butcher my weeb games

FYI, pic related is rated T
>>
>>337035381
Game?
>>
>>337036058
Witch & the Hundred Knight
Diablo-lite game mixed with Disgaea dialog/humor
>>
File: 1462481427323.jpg (144 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
1462481427323.jpg
144 KB, 672x960
>>337030825
>Hurr Sakurai
Seriously?
With shit like AC Amiibo Festival, Metroid FF and Paper Mario Color Trash at hand you pick Smash, that despite the whining of a dedicated group of autists is still more successful than ever?
Fucking retard.
>>
>>337037591
It's one example, does it matter?
>>
>>337037591

And you mention two games that aren't even out yet.

Check.
>>
>>337038023
Their quality doesn't matter, the point is that they're the opposite of what the overwhelming majority of the fans wanted.
>>
Isn't it obvious?

Club Nintendo.
The dedicated fanbase were so quick to not only spit on the higher-ups' quirky and stupid ideas for toddlers, but also were interpreted to be utterly paradoxical about the direction that things like LoZ and Paper Mario should take (even though the message was clear to anyone with taste and without an agenda).
>>
>>337038871
What are you talking about?
>>
I'd honestly hate to be in game development
There is so much toxicity among the "fan" base that I don't know how anyone could deal with it without growing to hate all of them

You're all a bunch of entitled manchildren and no matter what you get it's never good enough and you demand more. What other industry has this except video games?
>>
>>337038969
Have you even been paying attention?
>>
>>337038871 here.

>>337039379
Good, gaming doesn't need you. You'd make the same shitty mistakes.
>>
>>337039427
Yes.
>>
>>337039379
>Implying gamers don't have some of the lowest standards in the entertainment industry as a whole
>>
>>337033336
You know why? because it's really only a vocal minority that gives a shit about project m and "muh hardcore smash"
>>
Nintendo keeps aiming for the general kid audience but just doesn't understand their original audience who is getting older and want more stuff aimed at them.

Why else do they keep changing shit in games more aimed at teens and older. It's not because they're SJW boogiemen like GG tinfoil hats would make you believe, it's because Nintendo is so set on being a kids company they throw their older generation audiences under a bus. And that's what's hurting them more than anything else.
>>
>>337030825
>Sakurai's comments on why Smash is purposefully casual in Brawl and 4, followed by his contemptuous "have you ever made a game?" Strikes me as the most vivid example of tgis across all of Nintendo's branches and dev teams.

It's not, as 99% of smash fans are 'casual' and kids. The competitive scene is alot smaller than you think
>>
>>337039698
No, you haven't, otherwise, you wouldn't have asked that stupid question.

>Wii Music slaughtered
>mixed signals from divided fanbase in lieu of 2012 Demo LoZ
>LoZ DS stylus controls panned
>Nintendo cites Club Nintendo surveys pointing out SPM's shitty story and interpreting it as "no one wants story" when making Sticker Star
>management cuts off Club Nintendo and surveys after getting buttmad
>Federation Force in general
>Star Fox Command repeated in Zero
>etc.
>>
We got Majora's Mask 3DS and they decided that was enough
>>
>>337040639
Nintendo as a company promotes and sponsors competitive smash. It's only sakurai himself who is against it
>>
>>337041026
So Nintendo promotes a competitive scene with a game that the developer doesn't think should be competitive?
Sounds... stupid?
Isn't Sakurai always saying he doesn't want to do Smash anymore? Maybe Nintendo should find someone else to do the next game finally, who actually wants it to be competitive.
>>
Because of posts like this online.

If 'fans' don't care for what Nintendo does... they aren't real fans.
>>
>>337041430
But that post is correct.

And you have the same shit taste that Nintendo's management does.
>>
>>337041430
>Implying he's wrong
>>
>>337039379
Film, TV, hell even some websites have this same exact problem.
>>
>>337041430
Would you care to point out what exactly is wrong with that post?
>>
>>337041584
Lol. Virtually everyone who has played the game agrees that the controls are great, the game is very challenging and rewarding, and that there's nothing wrong with Miyamoto's direction.

Keep in mind that no one wanted a fucking Assault sequel before Zero got announced.

>>337041706
He is wrong, don't be a faggot.
>>
File: 888.jpg (40 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
40 KB, 500x534
>>337041430
To your credit, this is all opinions, and those alternate control schemes should be OPTIONAL since there are a very few rare people that enjoy them.

But except for SF643D, they're never optional.
>>
>>337041930
>Virtually everyone who has played the game agrees that the controls are great

Have you even LOOKED at user reviews?
>>
>>337041930
>Keep in mind that no one wanted a fucking Assault sequel before Zero got announced.

Hello new freind.
>>
>>337040642
What hurts me the most is that SPM's story is the best paper mario story. I can't understand how it ended up being shitty on that survey.
I think it was a misunderstanding.
>>
>>337041930
>Virtually everyone who has played the game agrees that the controls are great
You're delusional.
>>
>>337042067
Anyone can make those, especially since the 'controls are bad!' meme has been pushed for months.

Miiverse, a MUCH more reliable source of information for discerning what people who HAVE played a game think of it, pretty clearly shows that the game has a great control scheme.
>>
>>337040227
That's probably the case, but that doesn't make any of what Nintendo has done either right nor justified. Especially not when modding is so embraced on PC. Regardless of how big or small it might have been, there were dedicated fans toward the project, and nearly all of them sat and took it in the ass, trying to justify Nintendo's actions.

And PM is but one example, how about the Mario modding game that they took down, or the Pokemon MMO, or Pokemon Fusion, or the Metroid 2 remake, or the countless Unreal 4 SM64 and OoT remakes?

That's not even mentioning how they're continuing to adopt this arrogant attitude of "fuck what the fans want, we need to make games accessible for EVERYONE, even though we're totally irrelevant among gamers" in regard to basically ALL their game design these days.

Name ONE game developed by Nintendo in the past two gens geared exclusively toward their hardcore audience.
>>
File: Star Fox Zero.jpg (14 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.jpg
14 KB, 298x169
>>337042462
>>
>>337042137
I'm sorry, no. Elements of it were fantastic, but shit like Dimentio and a heaven and hell were just garbage. TTYD delivered a better story, and PM1 before it did far better.

>>337042343
>rabid Nintendo fans
>more reliable and not biased at all
That's like asking a Microsoft employee what they think of Windows 8. Retarded.
>>
>>337041956
The game was designed around those controls. It'd be like trying to play Ape Escape with the original PS1 controller.
>>
>>337042596
>no multiplayer
Try again.

Also, doesn't that game have a literally-hold-your-hand-if-you-lose-too-much mode?
>>
>>337035381
You're better off watching an LP of the few good parts of that game, uncensored or not it's still shit.
>>
>>337030825
It's run by old Japanese business guys

I think that answers your question
>>
File: Splatoon laughter.jpg (19 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon laughter.jpg
19 KB, 235x215
>>337042736
Games don't need multiplayer to be hardcore, you faggot.

And yes, Star Fox Zero is indeed a very challenging game. The fact that people still had trouble with it even with the invincibility option says a lot about how casual they are.
>>
>>337042596
No it's not. That game is geared to Miyamoto and his wants alone. Nobody wanted a new SF. Nobody. Ask Japan and their sales for Zero.

People wanted a new Metroid or a new F-Zero, not a new SF.
>>
>>337042685
Nah man, I loved PM and PM2 stories of course, but count bleck's story was way more entertaining than the classic save peach and search for the treasure. But yes, dimentio was shit.
>>
>>337040639
That's a shitty argument

You can make a competitively sound game that is also wildly popular with casuals.
>>
File: autism.jpg (76 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
76 KB, 350x500
Can someone explain to me why anyone in their right minds would play this turd on anything but a PC?
>>
>>337042969
StarFox has had MP since 64, quit being an apologist.

Last I checked, development was meant to evolve and move forward, not BACKWARD. Instead we're left with the mediocre game that could have been, not was.

MP adds a much needed competitive aspect to an otherwise barren game. If it was there before, why gut it?
>>
>>337042730
And it shouldn't have been. They should have just taken the SF643D approach and slapped all of that in a separate mode, and if it took off, great. Star Fox Zero should have been designed for the original controls, first and foremost.
>>
>>337042067
>>Have you even LOOKED at user reviews?
anon, you can edit older game's current user score too.

Metacritic a shit
>>
File: jj.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>Listening to the fans
>ever

Any company that do this is going to be bankrupt in short time, you should be able to know what to do without someone else telling you how to

They should allways be aware of what the fans want, but listening to them and doing what they want? No way, look at Bethesda for example, New Vegas is still the fan favorite, but they casualized the fuck out of FO4 and now it's one of the best selling RPGs of all time even though people wanted more games like NV

Same as Skyrim, a lot of TES fans really liked Oblivion and wanted to see that expanded. And what did they do? They realized it was better to pander to the casual audience than listening to the fans and they cashed out a lot of money with Skyrim

Listening to the fans is a good way to lose sales
>>
>>337043140
This. It wouldn't be like this if Nintendo made SF, FZero, and Metroid games more often than once a decade, while Mario gets shoved into any game possible.
>>
>>337042462
Sin & Punishment 2
Punch-Out Wii
Codename Steam
Sakura Samurai
Dillon's Rolling Western and the sequel
Steel Diver (although the original price was ludicrous)
Steel Diver Sub Wars
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Advance Wars DS and DoR
Fire Emblem 10 and 11
>>
>>337043121
It's aimed at kids who aren't allowed to use the family computer all day but have a video game console in their bedrooms
>>
>>337043121
because more customers from other platforms = more money, dumbo
>>
>>337043264
Fine, but unlike Nintendo, Bethesda lets fans mod their games to their liking.

Nintendo could neglect fans all it wants if it wasn't willfully shitting on them outta rampant greed.

Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't. Nintendo doesn't wanna cater games to me, but also, if I'm not allowed to make my own games to cater to us because they get upset and threaten to sue if so.... very cool. Very cool indeed.
>>
>>337043384
>most of those
>developed by Nintendo
>neo FE and STEAM not casual as fuck

Are you stupid as fuck or did you just not pass basic reading class in primary school?
>>
>>337042462
>how about the Mario modding game that they took down, or the Pokemon MMO, or Pokemon Fusion, or the Metroid 2 remake, or the countless Unreal 4 SM64 and OoT remakes?
There is literally nothing wrong with Nintendo stopping people from making free versions of their games.
>>
>>337043735
I guess then that F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime games don't belong on Nintendo lists then since they where not made by EAD.
>>
>>337043805
>It's ok when Nintendo does it
>meanwhile Blizzard fans rightfully protest their right to play the games they wanna play and Blizzard is forced to compromise.
I fucking hate fanboys.
>>
>>337043941
Glad we could come to an agreement then.
>>
>>337043572
I'd like to know WHEN Nintendo has listened to the fans, i don't think they have ever done that and look where they are now, anything they make sells like pancakes
>>
>>337043735
>paying for the game to be made doesn't count
Idiotic.

>neo FE
That's Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon.
>>
File: 1434788402615.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1434788402615.png
34 KB, 196x197
>>337044036
I don't give a fucking shit about your MMO-addiction, get fucked.
>>
>>337044307
Operation rainfall or whatever the fuck that Xenoblade thing was called.
>>
File: Nintendo v Galoob (Exhibit d).png (260 KB, 554x993) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo v Galoob (Exhibit d).png
260 KB, 554x993
>>337043805
>defending Ninty's polices on derivative works
not even MS's polices on it is as retarded and jew as Nintendo's
>>
>>337044307
That's exactly my point. Nintendo does nothing but shit on their fans, while other companies embrace their communities. The biggest reason for this is because other communities have less apologists.

And by "pancakes" I hope you're not insinuating that Nintendo products sell well, because these days, they do anything but. They're hardly even relevant anymore and bleeding the very fans they constantly shit on. You'd think they'd learn from Valve, Bethesda, and Sony to be more consumer friendly instead of disdaining gamers as "unhealthy, and unhygenic scum (their words)." I mean, why are you even in the gaming industry if you resent the main consumer so much? If they wanna, appeal to kids so badly, they should go back to making toys.
>>
File: colour splash.jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
colour splash.jpg
14 KB, 300x168
>Sticker Star had less total sales than SPM
>Sticker Star had a lower attach rate than TTYD
>Sticker Star has the lowest metacritic score of any PM game by about 10%

And yet we still get a direct sequel
It almost feels like they're doing it out of spite at this point
>>
File: 1462771521768.jpg (196 KB, 809x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462771521768.jpg
196 KB, 809x1000
At least based Retro still cares about us, and the quality of their games.
>>
>>337044670
>Comparing the game genie to people literally remaking their games for free.
You are a fucking moron.
>>
>>337041430
>>337041930
>>337042343
Talk about a delusional fanboy. With people like you still around I'm sure nintendo will always have whales to harpoon money out of, regardless of their actions, because you can come up with any excuse to justify their mistakes.

While Titanic was sinking you'd take the role of the ship captain in a heartbeat, grab his hat and say:

"Don't worry about it, Ser!
You just weren't used to the controls,
let the expert DIVE IN!"
>>
>>337045074
that pic was more than just the Game Genie case, you fucktard.

have another pic of Jewtendo's kike bullshit
>>
>>337045074
Considering PM is nothing but AR codes, and needs a legal copy of the game, it's on the same playing field as the Game Genie.

Why are you defending a corporation shitting on your rights as a consumer?

Command and Conquer has tons of mods and remakes made by fans, some of which are entirely free and don't require a copy of the original game, and EA, the biggest of jews, the guys who wom "worst company of the year" TWICE, have done nothing about it.
>>
NeoNintendo is the worst. The Wii U was the final straw.

Someone tell me why I should buy a Nintendo product ever again?
>>
>>337045251
Oh no, Nintendo does some stuff that isn't all good. That means that they are evil for this other thing that they are in their rights to do.

You could post a picture saying that Nintendo produced the bombs that were used to fire-bomb Dresden and Tokyo, but that won't change the fact that they are in no way wrong in stopping third party remakes and exploitation of their brands/games.

>>337045381
Who gives a fuck if EA chooses to not do something about it? They don't matter in whether it is right or wrong for Nintendo to do it.
>>
>>337046081
t. Literally a Treehouse shill.

Hello there, so, how do you feel about that whore Alison getting fired?
>>
>>337045074
except Exhibit d wasn't only about the Game Genie. 9th Circuit already told Nintendo that they don't have the right, even if they're historically famous, to make up imaginary rules on their own products and use it to sue anyone that doesn't go by it.

seriously, "Nintendo Culture"? what's next, some Mario worship shit?

here's one on Fair Usage. (summarized)
>>
>>337043028
Mario RPG's have a very fair tendency of making utterly fantastic side stories that flesh out the Mario World, even if the main plot line is Rescue Peach (which TTYD was). Though I can certainly understand wanting to change that main plot up more (if Mario or Peach doesn't pop the question soon, or Bowser's wife doesn't pop in, or Rosalina doesn't decide to stay in Mario World, or SOMETHING, I'm going to scream).
>>
>>337046081
>lalalalalala I can't hear you! It's okay when Ninty does it!
you seriously need to get redpilled
>>
File: EDF4.1 6.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 6.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337042794
That's a very cool opinion, anon.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you, but that wasn't even the point of my post

It's that no matter how mainstream or niche a game is, Sony won't come down with an iron hammer and pressure devs to censor their shit up, senpai. Games nowadays being censored or heavily altered on Sony systems are the exception rather than the rule, and when it's done, while still inexcusable, is a far cry from what nintendo does to almost literally all games with humanoids in them.

So I posted a T-rated game in my previous post that would be turned M-rated AND be censored to hell and back if it was on WiiU

But now I want to post the opposite. See pic related? It's EDF4.1, a fun arcady third person shooter. It's rated M because a select few easily missed optional voice lines have dark humor, and probably because there are comical red blood splashes from a few enemies.
If EDF4.1 was on nintendo systems they would tone the game down to a T-rating because it would be so simple to do. Change a handful of lines and change the red blood to purple. It could be sold to a much wider audience that way.

Know what Sony did? Nothing. It's a niche game, it probably didn't reach 50k units worldwide and yet Sony didn't feel the need to make it more marketable, they didn't pressure the developers in any way to make a few changes. They probably lost some ammount of sales due to the M rating.
>>
>>337046360
I have never met her so I don't give a shit. Also nice to see that you have given up on trying to prove any kind of a point.

>>337046347
Remaking a whole game is not within fair use, as it is by definition in competition to Nintendo's products.

Game genie =/= OOT on Unreal engine.
>>
>>337043239
I was thinking of more than just Metacritic.
So here, Reddit, Amazon, Miiverse, Facebook reactions, gaming sites, etc.
>>
>>337046347
Question anon, does this mean that Nintendo had no right to shut down PM?

This is important cause I plan on making a similar project for Smash 4, and I would gladly tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves, and publically announce their attempts at bullying me, if I'm in the legal right, which as far as I read, and have spoken with some people, Nintendo wasn't in the right in such regard, and even if they were, the PMDT could have continued as it'd be too costly to sue and gain nothing from it.
>>
>>337046596
>Literally themes a mall around someone elses IP, without permission, in China home of bootlegs and piracy.
Anyone would stop that.
>>
Why are janitors deleting the fair usage anon? WTF is this shit?
>>
>>337043131
The multiplayer was shit and nobody played it but you. I'm sick of shitty multiplayer being forced into games to please retards like yourself.
>>
File: BuddaClearsUp.png (693 KB, 1279x1889) Image search: [Google]
BuddaClearsUp.png
693 KB, 1279x1889
>>337046719
>does this mean that Nintendo had no right to shut down PM?
like they said, the discontinuation on PM had zero involvement (even hidden) with a company(s)

it was their own cause, pic related
>>
>>337046654
They could, you know, endorse him and make money off the work of a talented fan. That's what valve did, why can't Nintendo?
>>
>>337046887
i posted the wrong image, that's all

>>337046719
if you want to do Sm4sh mod similar to PM or Minus, go ahead.

the very thing you should be worrying out is just TPPA/TPIP, if it becomes law or not.

that's the time to stop.
>>
>>337047074
Because Valve don't make games for fans to compete with, and Nintendo wants to maintain control over their own stuff. Unreal a shit also.
>>
>>337046360
pretty good actually. we all hated her.
>>
>all 8 of my Wii U games are first party Nintendo games
I miss Gamecube.
>>
File: Nintendo v Galoob (Exhibit c).png (289 KB, 593x1143) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo v Galoob (Exhibit c).png
289 KB, 593x1143
>>337046654
>as it is by definition in competition to Nintendo's products.
even Nintendo was held wrong this and hold no proof it was hurting their sales. this applies to stuff like fan remakes.

you seriously need to get your head out of the gutter
>>
>>337047067
I fucking KNEW it!! What a bunch of cunts. I called out those arrogant pieces of shit on their bs and lack of clarity in the PM social, and they only turned the whole board on me.

Fuck those guys. I'll make my own fucking mod, and I'll be damned if I let it go down in flames for fame and glory.

I knew that the only reason they didn't want other people to mod their mod was so that they wouldn't be outdone by more dedicated people who wanted to continue, and they could retain the fame of being "the best." I'll make a better game then... seriously... goddammit, I fucking knew it when I spoke to Hylian and Strongbad. Those goddamned cunts.
>>
>>337030825

Because they know their diehard fans are literally cucks and will continue to buy their shit no matter what.

They don't have to please them. They will always eat their garbage up.
>>
>>337047209
TTIP won't be a thing if Trump wins, which, he very likely will considering Hilary is probs gonna get indicted.
>>
>>337047694
>Game genie again
Do you even know what the Game Genie is?
Here is a hint: It's not a remake of a video game.
>>
>>337047958
Mod =! Remake, buddy.
>>
>>337048094
>Project M = the Mario modding game that they took down, or the Pokemon MMO, or Pokemon Fusion, or the Metroid 2 remake, or the countless Unreal 4 SM64 and OoT remakes
You what mate? I have never mentioned Project M. You really need to reread my posts. My first post was all about the fucking remakes and MMOs.
>>
>Hate it's fans

Oh shut up, your an entitled brat
>>
>>337048428
>It's

The only brat here is you. Gtfo underage b8
>>
>>337048428
fucking lol

How come nintendo fans are the most autistic? These types of threads always have a handful of gems like these
>>
File: closer look.png (126 KB, 561x473) Image search: [Google]
closer look.png
126 KB, 561x473
>>337047958
>>337048094
i know what game genie is.

pic related and >>337046428
(seems like you missed it) is about Nintendo failing to prove GG didn't hurt sales of Nintendo products

imagine if this was a fan game or remake (say, anything at the defunct YoYoGames Sandbox), you seriously think a typical Nintendo fan wouldn't run to the real deal than something done by a fan?

AM2R may be something popular to Metroid fans, but they would immediate drop everything if an official remake of M2 announced all of the sudden. even if it's didn't meet their expectations, fans will defend it over a fanmake they use to circle jerk about.

Nintendo wouldn't have a single evidence that AM2R's existance was depleting the sales of an official one. the court will just letting slide, saying it done nothing to damage any of Nintendo market on their products.
>>
File: iwata_on_fan_creations.png (439 KB, 793x1307) Image search: [Google]
iwata_on_fan_creations.png
439 KB, 793x1307
>the Nintendo i knew and love is fading away into the abyss
*sighs*
>>
>>337049036
They don't have to fucking prove that a third party remake hurts their sales, as 3rd party remakes doesn't fall under fair use you twit.
>>
File: sfxmm_key_art.jpg (544 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
sfxmm_key_art.jpg
544 KB, 1333x1000
>>337046654
>as it is by definition in competition to Nintendo's products.
no it isn't retard, it's just there.

a freaking company can easily go ahead, pick it up, and slapped a license on it for free or to market if they wanted to.

i don't how you fags think wrong of how Capcom dealt with SFxMM, Capcom pulled the right move proving they are jew like S-E or Disney.

you have zero idea how good it feels for a company actually officiating a tribute to their works.
>>
>>337050253
>They don't have to fucking prove that a third party remake hurts their sales
the court says otherwise, mr. armchair lawyer
>>
>>337041026
Nintendo only riled up your autism for a short while so you tourneyshits would market Smash 4 for free when it came out.
>>
>>337050480
nice fanfiction
>>
>>337030825

The Sakurai thing is a terrible example. What else could the poor man say when some autist with zero game development experience says they'll have to hire him if he wins a game of Smash?

That said it's true that Nintendo seems to ignore it's fans way too much.
>>
>>337050412
Aight, show me proof then, the game genie isn't a third party remake. If they are allowed, then where is the case that sets a precedent or the law which mentions that.

>>337050323
IT is in competition, a free and available product/service is always in competition with the paid one.
>>
>>337049587
That doesn't address the entire issue.

And you being cancerous about it sure doesn't help that process, either.
>>
>>337030825

They don't hate their fans.

They just dislike or diregard idiocy.

Plenty of vocal Nintendo fans say and do idiotic things.
>>
It's not so much contempt as it is being completely and totally out of touch.
>>
>>337031663
>but other companies haven't willfully casualized their games because "there's no future in competitive play"

Yes they fucking have.
>>
>"Have you ever made a game?"
>"We're going to show you what YOU need to understand why >Metroid Federation Force is a valid entry in the franchise."
>EarthBound is $10 on the eShop while all other SNES games are $7.99
>Took down 100 player Mario Kart video even though a year ago Iwata said that Creative Endorsement Program allows fans to use Nintendo Licenses.
>Refuses to sell N3DS regular model outside of Japan
>Took down zelda30tribute.com

What else?
>>
>>337050253
>They don't have to fucking prove that a third party remake hurts their sales

>>337050910
>IT is in competition, a free and available product/service is always in competition with the paid one.

any proof?

show me a case where a company successfully sued over free remake, whether it had no or any effect on the market.
>>
File: Jim.jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
Jim.jpg
6 KB, 225x224
>>337042685
>more reliable and not biased at all

Miiverse atleast has a marker next to your icon if you actually have the game.

Everywhere else it's just morons parroting inept reviewers and everything some wide load says about the game because they lack the faculties to develop their own opinion.
>>
>>337030825
Nintendo ONLY cares about the japanese audience, which is why stuff like Metroid or AW gets ignored or given shovelware like FedForce.
Cry how much you want, if you're not a jap they won't give a shit.
>>
File: MarioKart101Takedown.png (401 KB, 1562x1212) Image search: [Google]
MarioKart101Takedown.png
401 KB, 1562x1212
>>337051437
>>Took down 100 player Mario Kart video
i've remember that

NCL so dumb
>>
>>337051349

That's their style though.

They are decidedly "out of touch" on purpose.

Sometimes i works in their favor.
>>
>>337051437
>Refuses to sell N3DS regular model outside of Japan
You mean in Americuck land.
>>
>>337051471
No you, you are making the claims that it is legal to remake and distribute a game without the IP owners permission/blessing, and it all falls under fair use.
Until you can prove that you ain't getting shit from me.
>>
>Nintendo is out of touch

Being out of touch with people that are out of touch is not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>337051437
>>Took down 100 player Mario Kart video even though a year ago Iwata said that Creative Endorsement Program allows fans to use Nintendo Licenses.
That's because someone alone for some reason got angry in the video, and so, he demanded to shut it down. It wasn't Nintendo entirely.

Because someone was trying to make the game free to play in a browser, while the same game being charged in Nintendo's e-Shop.
>>
>>337030825
I think the more amusing part about Sakurai are his lines of "you can't be in smash if you fly, or if you're very evil" yet Charizard and Ganondorf are on the roster. He's such a lying tool.
>>
>>337051783
>No you
wow so no proof then.

i'm >>337050323, and my point still stands.

if you're going to be that reluctant, fine then. deal with the other anon, while you defend Nintendo's gay crap.
>>
>>337051437

They were breaking the law.
>>
>>337030825
Because fans are a minority. There are more people who buy and play games who just buy 'what's new' or 'what's popular' or 'what their friends are playing' than there are fans.

This is the market every single form of media is catered to, not the fans.

Only Nintendo managed to lose this market as well.
>>
>>337051645
>Nintendo ONLY cares about the japanese audience
if that's the case, we'd have pachinkos and exclusive release by now.

Zelda sells fuck tons here, basically ignored in the east.
>>
fuck neo nintendo
1 man is doing better then the whole god damn zelda team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH3rNFUEU3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d100lwy3NVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPKXkv5kbR0
>>
>>337052087
>>337051437
the tribute had ads, same for the mobile version of the SM64HD tech demo

no compensations for them
>>
>>337051691
Yeah, lateral thinking with withered technology and all that. It just seems that somewhere along the line it went from "take this thing and use an unconventional method to make something people like" to "you'll like what we tell you to like".
>>
>>337052071
Do you expect me to pull out Nintendo's VC SMB1 sales and prove that a free remake hurts their sales? Literally the same thing as with emulators.
>>
>>337051885
There is nothing out of touch with their fans

ALL THEY FUCKING WANT IS A GAME THAT CANNOT BE MASTERED IN FUCKING 5 MINUTES OF PLAYING
>>
>>337052321
Which is why they're trying to make Zelda more popular there for ages, with games inspired by Miyazaki movies and artstyles more appealing to the japanese.
TP was the last time they threw the west a bone.
>>
>>337051624
>IF YOU DON'T OWN THE GAME YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT

>non-Nintendo customers don't matter
>or maybe people that got fucking burned on SFCommand and would prefer traditional controls to ease the PTSD

I don't know if I can sway you or not, but just know that your tunnel-vision is flawed and dangerous.
>>
>>337052556
That's a lame exaggeration.
>>
>>337052657
>TP was the last time they threw the west a bone.
and did a HD release of TP

gonna ignore that?
>>
>>337052449
>B-but, unreal engine is bad!!

>>337052314
Who ELSE does Nintendo have anymore but their most loyal fans?
>>
File: YokoTaro[1].jpg (18 KB, 599x327) Image search: [Google]
YokoTaro[1].jpg
18 KB, 599x327
>>337030825

why do you care? I was a fan of them, then they stopped being relevant (I'm guessing the masterpiece that ocarina of time turned out to be was a fucking miracle giving how the very same developers that made that game shat out something like star fox zero) now I just buy playstations and have fun with the new quirky developers that pop up with their fresh ideas, like that moon man from square enix.
>>
>>337052685
People who haven't played the game don't get to shit on the controls or difficulty, no matter how much PTSD'd they got by Command. This is something that 90% of people agree on.
>>
>>337031161
They did more than neglected their fanbase, they straight up insulted it, so it's no wonder there's not as many Nintendo diehard fans anymore.
>>
>>337052740
>WWHD made by EAD themselves
>TPHD made by some literally who australian devs
Yeah?
>>
>>337052738
literally neo nintendo develops with the thought that the 40 year old man is going to come home and play their games while having kid inspired looks.

40 year old plays 30 minutes everyday and it took him 5 minutes to master the skill ceiling of the game.

KIDS want to sit there
and figure out the game
They do not want to play the game for fucking 30 minutes
They want to get home load it up be challenged and play tll they go to sleep.

They should focus on compelling gameplay that makes their games last and infinite challenge like the NES SNES era to get more support for their games.
>>
>>337041930
>everyone who has played the game agrees that the controls are great

Thats some serious selective vision you got going on son
>>
File: 1455524702154.jpg (47 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
1455524702154.jpg
47 KB, 800x680
>>337030825
I'm willing to bet that they really don't even care anymore. Just look at this shit they uploaded today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5l5FA3iac4
>>
>>337030825
>Sakurai's comments on why Smash is purposefully casual in Brawl and 4, followed by his contemptuous "have you ever made a game?"
>I don't understand context: The Post
>>
>>337052758
>Only Nintendo managed to lose this market as well.
No one, exactly.

The only way I can see Nintendo succeeding with the NX is one of two ways.
1. Create something like the gamecube that has a whole host of great games on it, loads of them. Fans will buy it, won't be mega popular but it'll be remembered fondly and will do well. They tried to do this with the Wii U but failed.

2. Create something incredibly popular to get that market back who buys what's hot in the world, although this is incredibly difficult to do. I reckon it's what Nintendo is attempting with the NX, and there's again two ways of achieving it.
a) Very powerful console on par with PS4 / Xbone to allow third party ports & exclusives. Will have to build up an install base before third parties trust it which is difficult. It wont' work.
b) Create a new gimmick that people want. Something like a hybrid console/handheld for instance.

I wonder what Nintendo will do.
>>
File: Mother.png (43 KB, 664x375) Image search: [Google]
Mother.png
43 KB, 664x375
>>337052525
a damn VC release of Earthbound outsold all the released Mother games, in millions, despite the existence of emulators.

even EB Beginnnings sold fine, with the existence of Earthbound Zero (the translation)

SMB1 was already inflated as fuck way before stuff like Super Mario Flash came to be.

SMM didn't even fell off despite the existence of Lunar Magic, SMBX, Hello Engine, and the flash game i've mentioned above
>>
>>337053636
>mario-themed Minecraft content

WOOOOW HOW F*CKING EVIL!
>>
>let's listen to fans
i mean, what could go wrong?
>>
>>337030825
last nintendo console I had was 10 years ago.
i'm honestly surprised they're still around.

don't get me wrong, I have zero interest in getting a poor mans PC from microsoft or sony.

all they have to do is make a console that focuses on fun gameplay. they did it with the wii. they did it with the gamecube. they did it every time before.

I don't get what their deal is now. I do get all those previously nintendo exclusive third party games on steam though.
>>
>>337053701
Why would anyone want a hybrid console handheld?
Just make a strong as fuck handheld and give it an hdmi output.
>>
>>337053837
>F*CKING
>>>/voat/
>>
>>337052685
>or maybe people that got fucking burned on SFCommand and would prefer traditional controls to ease the PTSD

That still doesn't justify about complaining about something you haven't played. I said nothing of Star Fox Zero's controls until I actually played it.

>your tunnel-vision is flawed and dangerous.

Coming from the person who just wants traditional controls. Your tunnel vision is why the rail shooter genre can't evolve. Star Fox Zero was a step in that direction but it's stymied by people who never played it, Reviewers who just want to jump from game to game with no change. It's genre is dead because it got stale and no one bought it. The only game pushing for something new got shit over for being different.

It wouldn't have sold any better if it was standard controls. Just point to a 8th gen rail shooter that performed better than Star Fox Zero to prove me wrong...the only other major one is Kid Icarus Uprising which uses non-standard controls.
>>
>>337053952
People don't want fun gameplay. They just want to play what they're told to play. The whole thing is marketing.
>>
File: kimishima.png (2 MB, 838x1198) Image search: [Google]
kimishima.png
2 MB, 838x1198
ACHTUNG

DER GROß N

DER IST SCHULD AM KRIEGE!
>>
File: 1433373529777.png (772 KB, 526x790) Image search: [Google]
1433373529777.png
772 KB, 526x790
>>337042596
>forced motion controls
>hardcore
>>
>>337053837

>F*CKING

Underage please leave.
>>
>>337053096
What games as of late have this so called mindset? A lot of their games this gen are things you wouldn't master in 5 minutes. Kid Icarus Uprising, Wonderful 101, Fire Emblem Conquest, etc.
>>
>>337038251
>the point is that they're the opposite of what the overwhelming majority of the fans wanted.

[citation needed]
>>
>>337052895
>more nonsensical stats out of my ass

Nintendo should and will be very concerned about people that don't even give the game a chance and the lost sales that result from a forced design decision.

You don't get to tell people what they can and can't like, and they don't even have to touch the game to know if it's something they don't like.
>>
File: huffpost.png (210 KB, 1000x902) Image search: [Google]
huffpost.png
210 KB, 1000x902
>constantly try pandering to feminists
>take out adverts on HuffPo and Polygon
>go to war with far more influential YouTubers, issuing DMCAs, takedowns and stealing ad revenue
>fire Chris Pranger for speaking out localization
>fire Dan Adelman for criticizing region locking
>don't fire Alison Rapp for ranting on and on about how she hates men and wants to legalize child pornography, until finally an anti child sex trafficking group gets involved

they deserve to die desu senpai
>>
>>337052469
Someone has a mirror for that tribute ?
>>
>>337054395
>You don't get to tell people what they can and can't like
Yes I do, I am the dictator of a glorious east Asian country.
>>
>>337033336
Project M didn't get C&D'd, the dev team quit working on it because they saw an amateur lawyer and got super paranoid.

If the community didn't suck PMDT's dick so much we could just continue with Project M Community Complete since the source code for 3.61 got leaked, there's nothing legally stopping us but fanboyism and the fact that, despite PMDT being giant cunts, they were some of the most skilled modders for Brawl and it'd be super hard to gather a similar team to continue the project.
>>
>>337054373
Terraria.
Path of Exile
Sol Contigency
Castle in the Darkness
Catacomb kids
Hot line miami
Binding of Isaac
There is literally tons.
>>
>>337054668
protip: even the reddit leaks didn't indicate it was a company doing. just guesses.
>>
File: not amused.jpg (33 KB, 680x490) Image search: [Google]
not amused.jpg
33 KB, 680x490
>>337038251
>the point is that they're the opposite of what the overwhelming majority of the fans wanted.

The FGC acts like Smash Bros isn't a fighting game and Meleefags say Brawl and Smash 4 aren't what the fans wanted and Brawl and Smash 4 are the two best selling Fighting games period.

What a couple hundred or thousand voices online say represent less than 0.1% of the sales figures of some of these games. What sounds like the consensus of "fans" can be a load of hot air from a bunch of twats more out of touch than they claim Nintendo are.

Nintendo will kill themselves if you listened to "The overwhelming majority of fans". The sort that probably think an F-Zero game with a Mario Kart 8 budget is easy money for Nintendo.

What you guys want would probably kill Nintendo sooner than a software line up of only Miyamoto's worst ideas.
>>
>>337054668
>>337055085
Fuck that
get CRT lagless melee instead
http://fastermelee.net/new-major-lag-reductions-discovered-for-melee/
>>
>>337054083
You can do that if you would like, and that's noble and diligent of you.
However, don't force that on other people when:
A) Demos are known to be misleading (intentionally or unintentionally), and,
B) the only way they'd find out is only after biting a $60+ bullet.

>can't evolve
It's the fucking controls. These aren't "rail shooter" controls. There's only so far a reptile can fucking evolve before it becomes a bird, do you understand?

You can't say it wouldn't have sold any more without the forced motion controls - you don't have any raw data, much less that there weren't two versions of the game made (which would be the only accurate measure).
Additionally, even if I had a rail shooter from the 8th Gen, even if I pointed to Kid Icarus, YOU AND I CAN'T POSSIBLY determine what sales were because of factors beyond the controls (like people that just like Star Fox, or just wanted SOME kind of new game for their dusty box, etc.).

You're only asking for things to confirm your own bias.
>>
>>337054356
>>337054029

*tips ad hominem*
>>
>>337035381
>tits
>whore
whats cencored?
shit?
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>337047067
>Actually the original intention was to revert Falco's Down-b into it's Melee counterpart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sve8gXoh3Q
>>
File: Lyn Smash Render-2.jpg (970 KB, 1691x2500) Image search: [Google]
Lyn Smash Render-2.jpg
970 KB, 1691x2500
>>337054668
I'm a fairly talented 2D/3D artist. If I could get a team of people to work with me on a game superior to PM for WiiU, I'd be more than happy to.

I'm keeping up with the PMCC, but it's fairly dead. Pic related is to back up my claim, it's a portrait I'm finishing up for PMCC/future projects. Sami and Isaac are next.

My mentality is though that talent is dedication and hard work, there is nothing they did that others can't learn if they put in the work. In fact nany of their decisions were a bit shoddy, it is possible to surpass them. Especially since Smash WiiU modding seems to be easier that Brawl.
>>
>>337030825
>Japanese developer
>based in Japan
>making Japanese games
>for Japanese gamers
>and Japanese fans

I mean, you're not wrong, America and Europe are still huge markets for Nintendo, but I don't know what everyone expects.
>>
>>337055505
lmao nigga just go play real games
don't waste your time with literal kiddy shit
>>
File: Forgive.jpg (82 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
Forgive.jpg
82 KB, 493x750
>>337055426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18v5HHURtg0

"stupid" is censored for comedic purposes. You can still hear "st-" instead of the expected "sh-"
>>
>>337054083
>The only game pushing for something new got shit over for being different.
>Different
Well no shit! No one asked for them to fuck with the controls, but Nintendo is so hell bent on "Innovation" for innovations sake they forgot that you don't need fancy gimmicks to make a fun game.
>>
>>337050910
>Aight, show me proof then, the game genie isn't a third party remake. If they are allowed, then where is the case that sets a precedent or the law which mentions that.
next time this kind of thread come, i'll have the proof you need. because i've notice all the galoob-releated stuff i had are in my giant 2009-2014 archive drive.

i'm surfing on google and looking back all the threads that had to do with C'nDtendo

i tell you, if Nintendo couldn't prove some cheat hardware/software was hurting their sales, i'm sure ass a fanmake wouldn't either especially with nintendo elitism
>>
>>337052449
the second one is pretty legit

imagine if this guy had a team
>>
>>337055734
Msybe I don't wanna play games anon, maybe I wanna create and develop as skillset that has some sense of value. Maybe I wanna get my ideas out there for people to enjoy.

I'll be honest with you anon, these days I get more enjoyment out of painting/sculpting/thinking up game ideas, that I do from playing games.
>>
>>337055839
>No one asked for them to fuck with the controls

No one asked for you to be a scrub, yet here we are.
>>
File: 1462484268617.png (362 KB, 1018x686) Image search: [Google]
1462484268617.png
362 KB, 1018x686
>>337055137
Because the AC game sold so well right?
And I bet FedForce and Color Trash will sell a lot too!
Based Nintendo that always knows what's best!
>>
>>337055967
>Maybe I wanna get my ideas out there for people to enjoy.
Then make a game. Expressing your so called ideas through a modification aimed at a niche fanbase will get you nowhere, no one outside of that niche community will care about you or your work.
Instead, focus on honing your skill and creating something that has meaning and flesh behind it.
>I'll be honest with you anon, these days I get more enjoyment out of painting/sculpting/thinking up game ideas, that I do from playing games.
Fucking disgusting casual.
>>
>>337055839

It's still a fun game and funner for innovating with the controls and more importantly what you can do with the controls that you couldn't in 64 or Assault or Command. No one was asking them to change the controls, but that's because they don't know what they want until it's been made.

They might as well have went for a vision without compromise like Star Fox Zero than rehash something that already fell through the floor.
>>
>>337056080
Kek, sure I'm a scrub for hating a control scheme in a shit-excuse for a game. Make sure you cup Nintendo's balls while your deepthroating their cock.
>>
>>337056132
> Expressing your so called ideas through a modification aimed at a niche fanbase will get you nowhere, no one outside of that niche community will care about you or your work.

And here is someone who doesn't get how industries work. Best way to gain notoriety and get your name out there is through fan works.

Not only that, but it's a safe and established base through which you can more easily gain experience.
>>
File: Nier2.gif (2 MB, 229x591) Image search: [Google]
Nier2.gif
2 MB, 229x591
>>337052790
Don't worry moon man, the mass migration of nintendo friends to playstation will be inevitable.
Even the most hardcore fanboys (like those you see in this very thread) will not be able to come up with a good excuse as to why they are playing the only mario game there is on their phone a decade from now.

Nintendo already fucked badly with the N64. It was their PS3, or their Xbone. Then they continued to lose relevance and got to this state. I can't see how their home console business will survive after the obvious failure that will be the NX, sales wise.
>>
>>337056264
The problem is that they have play-testers and you cant tell me with a straight face that no one spoke up and said that there was a problem without being shown the door with a pink slip.
>>
>>337055923
right
To bad before they would finish it would be CD from nintendo

I am watching these 2 projects

this is another good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgbGgtq-NMc
and I am watching this guy because he is making his own game based off of the zelda they were making right before the development team abandoned it and worked on majoras mask
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kehj0S5_IM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7EyxGV5BQ
>>
Nintendrone chiming in to tell you that it's because Nintendo fans are shiteaters who deserve it. Nothing will EVER be good enough for your average Nintendo fan.

A competitive focus in Brawl and 4 wouldn't have stopped Melee purists from shitting on it.

An actual Metroid game wouldn't have sated the bloodlust of Metroid fans, especially now since the fanbase itself is divided into two groups

And Star Fox Zero, which is a fantastic game already, could have been perfect in every regard but no matter how it turned out people would still say it was disappointing compared to Star Fox 64.

If Nintendo does something new and innovative, the fans call it gimmicky garbage and say they need to return to formula.

If Nintendo uses a tried-and-true formula, fans call it a stale rehash and say that Nintendo needs to do something new.

There is no winning here.
>>
>>337056363
>through fan works
>implying they'll hire you for something as small time as this
Pathetic. You'll never be famous enough to get recognition. Give it up, fool.
>>
File: Nintendrones.png (133 KB, 209x315) Image search: [Google]
Nintendrones.png
133 KB, 209x315
>>337030825
They've been corrupted completely by the money that the Wii and its gimmicks brought in, anon. This is why so many of us fought and still continue the idea that Nintendo has garnered within itself, that they need gimmicks to succeed. It's not only hurt the quality of the games, it's killing their industry position and their potential growth.

I cannot begin to count the number of times I've been called a Sonygger since 2007 because I LITERALLY SAW THIS COMING. The moment Reggie took that fucking E3 stage, and said they're going for a blue ocean of nongamers, I got a fucking chill down my spine because I knew what was happening due to the low sales of gamecube. They were selling out, and thats exactly what happened.

When gimmicks became their sole focus, the strength of their games faded out. Instead of focusing on pushing gameplay forward like they used to, their development focus became completely entrenched in forcing their gimmick at the time into everything. The poor quality and lackluster strength of their titles showed this, instead of being the core titles we play over and over they became a extension of the consoles gimmick, and lost all replayability.

The modern Nintendo fans and corporate heads seem to suffer this massive delusion, that the massive success of the Wii meant this is what the core fans want, and that the core fans are mostly casuals. The success of the Wii was that they hit a untapped market that lost complete interest after a month. It sold on its gimmick, and once the motion control novelty wore off, it dropped off into the shitter. Gimmicks were a gaming FAD, and their success isn't coming back.

Drones incoming, I struck the hive.
>>
>people can't handle the controls because they're not skilled

Do you know what kind of hobbyists you're slamming, here?

This issue isn't about skill - it's about preference.
>>
>>337056403
Dont worry Nintendo will release its super system that they cant even show a prototype for and amaze us with Zelda-U... I mean a totally original Zelda-NX. They've been shooting themselves in the foot since they keep trying to capture the casual crowd with shit like the tablet controller and motion based stuff.
>>
>>337056509
>get hired

Maybe I just wanna make games and comics anon. Why would I wanna sell my soul to some corporation?
>>
>>337056297
>Kek, sure I'm a scrub for hating a control scheme in a shit-excuse for a game

My 11 year old brother was able to beat the game without a problem. What's you're excuse, gaylord?
>>
>>337056580
>\V\tards
>skilled

Pick LITERALLY 1
>>
>>337030825
WAKE UP NINTENDO RETARDS
>>
>>337056685
so (u) can move out of ur mum's basement, faget
>>
>>337056470
>melee purists
Hey if they added jump grabs and diagnol throws while still keeping the focus of speed and reaction timing gameplay I would of been a happy man

INSTEAD WE GOT a move where you beat up a ball and then you press 1 fucking button to kill someone

Simplifying gameplay is bad

All I ask is nintendo makes games 3d with nes and snes like difficulty which is what made them a video game company in the first place.
>>
>>337030825
There's nothing wrong with a video game corporation showing contempt for their audience, especially towards the average gamer. If I knew my fan base was a /v/ poster, I wouldn't waste any time insulting my fans at every opportunity.
>>
>>337056886
NO LEAVE ME!

THEY CAN DO WRONG!
>>
File: SMTxFE.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3737) Image search: [Google]
SMTxFE.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3737
>>337056614
>mfw Zelda-U was their main graphical showcase for the WiiU
>game completely changed its visuals, it was an obvious bait-and-switch then again nintendo fanboys are fucking delusional, pic related
>ends up being delayed
>ends up not even being a WiiU exclusive
>WiiU is the only nintendo console to not have a mainline Zelda of it's own, or a Metroid, Or an actual 3D mainline Mario

The 3 big dogs we always have in mind when we think nintendo, and the wiiU had NONE
N
O
N
E
of them.

embarrassing
>>
>>337056470
>There is no winning here.

There isn't there but what Nintendo need is a refresh of their fanbase. You're right there's absolutely no way that they'd ever satisfy the Princess and the Peas of the fanbase.

It's telling when series like Tomodachi Life, Nintendogs + Cats and Splatoon easily stomp some of their biggest series in popularity. By chaning Fire Emblem in a way that existing fans were resistant to they've moved from death doors pretty much put Fates on a path of beating Final Fantasy Tactics. The casual fanbase of Fire Emblem actually created growth between Awakening and Fates when the existing fanbase only shrank.

All of their sales successes as of recent even after the Wii and DS haven't been on their "biggest fans" it has still been on new audience. Yet apparently Nintendo's best bet is to copy their gamecube strategy except every game has to be a masterpiece and then maybe. I've never seen the Nintendo fanbase so demanding yet so unwilling to actually get the games they supposedly like.
>>
>>337057158
>Anyone saying #FE is good

Get your head out of your ass, nobody likes what that game turned into.
>>
>>337057326
don't deny that there was a shit ton of damage control for it
>>
>>337057158
>>game completely changed its visuals, it was an obvious bait-and-switch
>I don't know what a tech demo is

You're fucking retarded. Do you think the Spaceworld demo was an actual game, too?
>>
File: 1461304461090.gif (1 MB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
1461304461090.gif
1 MB, 640x325
>c-criticism is entitlement!!
>>
>>337056470
You have no standards. It's simple as that really. You simply dont see that the games are dumbed down compared to what they used to produce because you accepted their loss of quality, I and others never did though. We still expect Nintendo to push gaming forward, not rely on their gimmicks and let their titles stale which is what they've done since 2006 or so.
>>
>>337057413
Nice strawman, gaylord
>>
>>337056796
The gaming community is a dedicated bunch. They blow away developer expectations almost every time, en masse.

I can't speak for the rest of this board, but I've been playing this series since Day One, so I'd blow it the fuck away faster than any damned e-celeb. But as much as I want a new Star Fox, I don't want to be forced to use motion controls. That's my preference. So I'm not buying.
>>
>>337056918
I live abroad by myself and teach English for a living as I travel the world.

Nice projection, but try again buddy. I make enough to sustain myself, and would much rather follow my passions in life than do the usual grind. I spend all my free time doing art, and can easily spend 12+ hours drawing and shit. I think I know what I want outta life and what I enjoy doing. Still working on improving my skill, but for me, I'd much rather spend a lifetime at least trying to do what I want, even if I never get anywhere, that just settle in for some lame office job chasing the dollar. If the latter is my only choicd, I prefer death desu.

Also, I'll give you a protip newfriend, trolling used to be more subtle. 4chan's edgyness was always more tongue-in-cheek, never genuinely mean-spirited unless it was deserved. This is something the fags who never lurked never fully understood as they attempted to fit.

With that said, I'm done playing along anon. Have a nice day.
>>
File: 1432861330865.png (2 MB, 2100x2172) Image search: [Google]
1432861330865.png
2 MB, 2100x2172
>>337057413
>DLC comes out on the 15th and it comes with 10 hours of gameplay. You still have to get the game it is not released yet.
>>
>>337056716
I returned it because I'm not a flaming faggot that tries playing a piece of shit disguised as a game. You should turn yourself in for child neglect for forcing your brother to play this garbage.
>>
>>337057523
That's what I'm hearing.
>>
>>337030825
They dont. Nintenyearold are just buttmad that they are 40+ and cant be children anymore so they act like spoiled babies.
>>
>>337057571
Kill yourself gaylord.
>>
File: Luigis Mansion Gamespot.png (24 KB, 770x215) Image search: [Google]
Luigis Mansion Gamespot.png
24 KB, 770x215
>>337057448
>You simply dont see that the games are dumbed down

That describes almost every 8th gen game. However of Nintendo games are technically more difficult relative to other games because of how the average game is getting dumbed down even more. Just ask reviewers(pic related).

Mario is still ground in NES style rules 3 hits --> Dead, fall off a pit --> Dead. Legend of Zelda stil needs you to position yourself correctly.

Ass Creed, Shadows of Moror, Witcher 3, Batman Arkahm Knight makes sure you character never misses and will automatically move your character to make sure of that. Ass Creed will make sure you never fall off a ledge.
>>
>>337057571
>I live abroad by myself and teach English for a living as I travel the world.

So what you're saying is you're an unemployed hippie whose too ashamed to go home and face your parents due to being a colossal failure.
Got it.
>>
>>337057849
Yes, I too was 15 once.
>>
File: Jak_from_TPL_render.png (160 KB, 368x600) Image search: [Google]
Jak_from_TPL_render.png
160 KB, 368x600
>>337035381

No, it just throws its IPs away
>>
>>337057326
dude, every single #FE thread is full of damage control

You can't get in a Persona5 thread without #FE fags butting in on how superior their game is and how shit P5 is.
SMT4:Final guys are also starting to get desperate and annoying everyone else

>>337057412
Did I trigger something? Do you feel well?
Sony was/is full of bullshit and known for their legendary BS tech demos
Do you remember the Killzone2 "trailer" ?
Or the first time Last Guardian was shown, which would be impossible to run on a PS3?

Just as bullshit as the first Zelda-U showcase.

BUT!

At least the final games didn't do a complete 180º on the artstyle and still looked relatively the same in the end

It's fucking sad when THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4HNmuEAKg
is more honest than nintendo's zelda-"U"
>>
>>337055505
I sometimes consider learning the details of Smash modding, but I want to finish my goal of making a Gen 2 Pokémon hack before I work on trying to mod anything else. I really do hope we get a mod for 4 as good as Project M was for Brawl. If we can add Wolf or Snake to 4 with the same quality as Roy and Mewtwo in PM, I might faint from happiness.
>>
>>337057925
If I'm unemployed and don't live with my parents, then how can I afford a $2000 drawing tablet? How can I travel to exotic cities like Tokyo? How can I afford my hobbies.

You seem to have my life figured out anon-kun, pray tell!
>>
>>337058162
you really want another Jak by modern Naughty Dog?
>>
>>337057448
You'd like to believe that I'm sure but all you people can do is shout "That's not what I wanted!" and then you go remarkably silent when asked what you do want because you don't fucking know.

It always come out to "I don't know what I wanted, but it's not THIS!" followed by fan infighting about how things should be, or commentaries that amount to "It would have been perfect if it was practically a remake of that older installment I liked."
>>
File: Sarah.gif (2 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
Sarah.gif
2 MB, 245x300
>>337058162
Not sure what you meant by that.

NaughtyDog was in complete control over making a Jak game, and they were very close to doing one (they even started pre-production) but out of their free will decided to make TLoU instead.

I mean, you could have posted other examples but you chose the shittiest to prove your point.
>>
>>337056470
>A competitive focus in Brawl and 4 wouldn't have stopped Melee purists from shitting on it.

If Brawl wasn't as shitty as it was there wouldn't be so many Melee purists. Melee almost died when Brawl came out; people only went back to Melee when Brawl's many flaws began to stand out.

Maybe you're right about Sm4sh though, since by now Melee purists have firmly rooted themselves.
>>
>>337058376
You're a hippie who stole a tablet off a tourist and sucked enough cock to hitch a ride all the way to tokyo where you whore'd yourself out as a she-boy.

See easy.
>>
>>337058606
Played 5 minutes of brawl
and dropped it and went back to playing melee
Got rid of my wii right after
>>
Because it sticks to it's target audience, not their fans. They make products for children, nobody cares about your sorry neckbeard ass.
>>
>>337058472

They're a subsidiary of Sony, their actions reflect upon the company. You don't treat them like a third party, any more than you would Monolith or Retro Studios.
>>
>>337058194
I just came into this thread, and that was a tech demo.
It wasn't a game, and it wasn't a promise on what the game would look like either. Why do you think there was such excitement when the game was actually announced in 2014?
>>
>>337058376
Anyone can go to Tokyo, just work for a bit and then you're off.
You act like you need to be a genius to go to Tokyo.
>>
>>337058306
Well, I'm gonna be working on Lyn and Banjo for Smash 4 for sure. I can model and 3D animate quite well, and porting Snake and Wolf over while giving them HD models is a lot easier. I'll probably do Snake as well since he was my main.

My main concern is in getting a dedicated game together that is of high quality. I can do all the art-side of things, but know fuck all about coding.

I'd like to gut half the content in Smash 4, and piece together a better game, one wuth iconic boss battles, a melee-like target test, all the modes from PM, and most importantly new mechanics, among which is using Ryu as a base for all the characters, expanding all their movesets with light and heavy neutrals.

I mean, I can animate all that, but I can't do fuck all about the programming side of things.
>>
>>337058685
no
THEY make games for 40 year olds with kids designs

IF THEY were making games for kids they would understand kids want to explore
be challenged
see stuff they never seen before and they would make games challenging and fun

This is when nintendo made games for kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt4KG9ib8S4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzyz2TgGls
Watch the second video and tell me how fucked up the news cast played the game.

NEO nintendo games are designed for overworked adults
NOT KIDS
>>
>>337057523
Not him, but that's pretty much what's being argued in this thread.

That people are unjustly entitled to hate on a game, a commercial product, and in turn cost that company revenue simply because it didn't meet their desires.

Guess what?
THEY'RE JUSTIFIED IN THAT ENTITLEMENT AND PREFERENCE AND OPINION. THAT'S BUSINESS. THAT'S LIFE.

If I opened up a Nintendo-themed restaurant that served literal dogshit on plates, I'd have no customers except for the people that bought Star Fox Zero!
>>
>>337058794
Well, you need to not be a bum. That was my point. Anyway, I was hoping he'd come with a better comeback than >>337058627 but I guess you can't expect much from a teenager after all.

That was just weak.
>>
File: Parque-da-Pena-Palácio-da-Pena.jpg (437 KB, 637x398) Image search: [Google]
Parque-da-Pena-Palácio-da-Pena.jpg
437 KB, 637x398
>>337058732
I'm aware. But they didn't throw the Jak IP away. They still have it, started working on it, but decided to make a new IP instead.
Not only is it always, without exception, better to make a new IP instead of rehashing, but they didn't even "throw it away" in the first place.

They can make a Jak game any time they want.
>>
>>337030825
>"have you ever made a game?"

That's a legit argument.
>>
>>337044307
>anything they make sells like pancakes

Wii U doesn't. And that means every game on it doesn't.
>>
>>337058887
>IF THEY were making games for kids they would understand kids want to explore

This is a good point. I mean, while I probably couldn't play it like I did as a kid, I used to fucking love DK64, it had an obscene amount of content. I'm not sure if there's a single game in the current generation that matches that content density.
>>
File: AegisRim.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AegisRim.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>337059147
"This movie is pretty underwhel-"

"HEY YO! MOTHERFUCKER LISTEN, HAVE YOU EVER DIRECTED A MOVIE?!??! THOUGHT SO"
>>
>>337059147
Not for playtesting it ain't.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.