[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Nintendo fronting this game at e3? Or at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13
Why isn't Nintendo fronting this game at e3? Or at least talking about it? Did they forget how many people bought MH4U?
>>
>>337025671
But Capcom is the publisher. They are the ones that present this game at E3.
>>
because it's a western release, and they don't give a shit about the west
>>
>>337025671
>rehash hunter
>>
>>337025671

Release date when?

If "summer" means fucking October like it did with Smash Brothers I'mma shit
>>
no amiibos
>>
>>337025785
I guess that's true. I just figured Nintendo would be desperate for anything they could scrap together, and as far as I can tell this is easily the biggest summer game for 3DS.

I can't believe they are putting this much pressure on Zelda U/NX.
>>
>>337025869
Yeah, I bet that's why the fans are bitching about all the changes they made to the recent one.
>>
Because Zelda U, a game that won't be out for another whole year, is more important! They want you to be fully immersed in that game completely so you're hyped for 12 whole months, get tired of waiting, and don't give a fuck by next March!

That or they have fuck all and don't give a shit about decent games anymore.
>>
>>337026007
I really hope it's announced soon... I'm so ready.

>>337026057
But... what if? I would totally get MH amiibos. I wish it was cheaper to import those awesome MH minifigs that Japan has.
>>
>>337026173
Won't happen because it didn't happen in japan.
>>337026086
Wasn't it all the gathering quests?
>>
>>337026119
It does seem like they are willingly taking a massive hit on 2016. But I don't see why they are choosing to only talk about Zelda. I mean there's no way that one game can carry their e3 (I mean, yeah that would be amazing if it actually did, but let's be sensible here.)

I don't see why they don't get their few 3rd party devs involved and talk about MHGen, SMTIV:A, that god-awful looking #FE game (although, in that case I can see why they'd want to draw attention away from the censorship business).
>>
>>337026472
People have mostly been divided on the new monster designs, and the inclusion of the weapon arts/hunting styles.
>>
>>337026583
I don't get why people are complaining about the hunter arts. I mean, you can just use Guild Style and play like it's any of the old games.
>>
>>337026583
Ah, well, that's a bit different from what I heard.
Don't recall anyone that upset over the new designs, but several say the arts and styles range from broken to useless, with most in-between being "ehhh, whatever"
>>
>>337026063
Nintendo usually saves presentation of the latest monster hunter for their directs. They actually had a segment for generations on their last direct. Perhaps their next one right before release will include more information on it.
>>
>>337026063
Nintendo pretty much stopped giving a shit about E3 a few years ago.
Most publishers have been reducing their presence as well, Nintendo just seems to be the first one to pull out completely.
>>
>>337025671
People only want Zelda Wii U news. Don't you remember what happened last year? But Nintendo more than likely took survey suggestions/social media posts a little too seriously.

They'll probably have a direct sometime before/after E3 and show it there.
>>
>>337026583
First time I've heard anyone complain about the new monsters.

>>337026671
It's annoying on a meta level for people playing online to see more and more scrubs in the higher tiers.

Personally I never play online and think switching up styles helps break the tedium. Though Guild is still the authentic MH experience.
>>
>>337025671

Monster Hunter is a series that lives on word of mouth in the West. I have several friends that got into it after I introduced them.
>>
>>337027492
I picked it up at random after seeing capcom made it, had no idea what it was.

>Why is this raptor so hard to kill
>How come my attacks keep bouncing off this birb
>When do I get to lay snares and shit
>So is it just me or is this giant bull like the hardest boss in like the history of all vidya
>>
>>337027039
It doesn't look like the new arts make the game easy mode though. As a series vet I'm really interested in the style that encourages perfect dodging (adept, maybe?).

I can't see new scrubs abusing the system so much as getting overwhelmed by it (14 weapons x 4 styles) Personally, I'm super excited. I put so much time into 4U and I feel like I could still improve on my skill with some of the weapons. Add in the different styles and I'll be playing this game daily for the next two years.
>>
>>337026572
In Nintendos eyes they probably believe the NX is the hottest shit ever and going silent for a whole year will somehow make it seem more appealing to the masses, who really don't give a shit anymore. They're floundering around hoping to hit some kind of wii-tier miracle and it seems highly unlikely they will.

They don't want to compete with Sony or MS, so they're stuck competing with themselves over what gimmick to push next. People just want a console that will play a lot of games, not just Nintendos branded shovelware. Even years after release Wii U had months upon months of droughts of noteworthy titles. Unless you count balloon popping from the eshop. If their console isn't on par with the current industry home console standards, then they might as well not even try. Not saying current standards are anything to cheer for but still.
>>
>>337025671

any censorship? less blood splatter confirmed?
>>
>>337028030
>It doesn't look like the new arts make the game easy mode though

It does. You don't have to worry about positioning ever, or how to properly avoid attacks. It's really only acceptable to use when you'd trash the monster in guild style anyway.
>>
>>337027039
>It's annoying on a meta level for people playing online to see more and more scrubs in the higher tiers.

Just play with your fucking friends then.

I mean, you all have friends to play this game with right /v/?
>>
File: CS5uoiQWEAE66x9.jpg (103 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
CS5uoiQWEAE66x9.jpg
103 KB, 600x857
>>337027492
I played Tri solo on whim a long, long time ago because I loved dinosaurs and it looked cool. I liked it okay.

When 3U came around I got completely hooked though. Wound up convincing several friends to pick it up, and made some really good friends playing online.

When 4U launched, me and my online friends from 3U all got it on launch night and played together every day for nearly 6 months, til we did all the quests and got into speedrunning lvl140 guild quests.

I'm really looking forward to hooking up with those bros again when Gen launches. MonHun unites us all.
>>
File: girl with fork.png (830 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
girl with fork.png
830 KB, 792x792
Is it good? Also does it come with anything? I was thinking about getting MH4 because people said it was better than 3U (which I didn't enjoy at all due to the awful camera) and I saw that 4 came with a statue, but I was too late to get the statue so bought PQ instead. How is this generations game? Is the camera improved? Does it get a statue?
>>
>>337028086
>In Nintendos eyes they probably believe the NX is the hottest shit ever and going silent for a whole year will somehow make it seem more appealing to the masses, who really don't give a shit anymore. They're floundering around hoping to hit some kind of wii-tier miracle and it seems highly unlikely they will.

You're wrong, they finally realized the reveal is the optimal time to show off some games because they know everyone will be watching.
>>
>>337025671
because its capcom and not nintendo, and capcom doesn't give a fuck about the west

just be glad we even get it at all
>>
>tfw imported it last year and literally couldn't give less of a shit about the localization

Some of the English names for the monsters are fucking stupid too.
>>
>>337028183
MH doesn't really have much that would be considered for censorship... Even the "lewd" female armors are pretty vanilla, they just lend themselves to some pretty great fan-art. I always play a male hunter anyway, so I doubt I'd even see it if they did censor anything.
>>
>>337028641
You're joking, right? MH is censored all the time. The PSP games even had the "scenes of explicit gore and violence" warning.
>>
File: 81rtCQWPAjL._SL1500_.jpg (156 KB, 1500x1145) Image search: [Google]
81rtCQWPAjL._SL1500_.jpg
156 KB, 1500x1145
>>337028372

>buying vidya for statue gimmick
Just get those posable monster hunter figmas instead.
>>
>>337025671

Well you should really count your blessings here. At least they're actually going to fucking release it. Most MH games don't get released until the update version of the game is released, and then they take a whole year to translate.

Monster Hunter Cross (Generations in the West, lol) is the first one in a while that will be released without Japan having had a whole year with the game, after having had the base game as an exclusive.

THE REAL QUESTION IS: Will Crapcom abandon MH when they try to release MHXU and it gets lukewarm sales due to the Western market hating upgrade-pack games?
>>
>>337028372
MH's camera never bothered me. I have several friend's who were initially frustrated at the vertical snap-ins for the camera in 3U, but honestly it works better for the style of the game once you play enough to get a feel for it.

MH is a very unique style of game though.

I haven't heard anything about a limited/collector's edition of Gen, but I hope there is one. I got the 4U CE. That Gore Magala figure is super neat.
>>
>>337028724
Really? Examples? I wasn't aware of any censoring.

I assume you're talking about content removed/altered, right?
>>
File: luxurious lips.jpg (49 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
luxurious lips.jpg
49 KB, 500x327
>>337028756
It's how I save money. If there's a game that isn't a must buy for me but looks interesting, I'll see if I can a copy with bonuses. If I can't, I let it go. Also figmas are pricey af and if I can get a figure with a game I'll go for it.
>>337028896
I got raped by a giant badger while I was trying to adjust the camera so I could see the the thing but L put it behind a wall and the manual one was too cumbersome to maneuver while in battle. Not so fun for me, but hey I was using some slow ass weapon (I think some slidey axe) so eh. Also yeah, I really wanted that figure so I decided not to buy it since no figure.
>>
>>337028828
MHX was just an anniversary project, probably not gonna get a MHXG/MHGU at all.
>>
>>337029278
You can softlock the camera to a monster, so when you tap L it'll face the monster instead of facing wherever your hunter is facing.
>>
>>337029434
Ah, that's probably why it wouldn't come out of the wall. I was backed against it while the badger ripped me apart.
>>
File: George.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
George.gif
957 KB, 500x418
Man I really want to play monster hunter again but after PSP emulation with a DS3 controller I don't know if I can go back to handheld.

But fucking MHX though, shit.
>>
>>337027972
>giant bull
Who?
>>
>>337029340
I remember saying we'd never get MHX in the west.
Best not hold your tongue.
>>
>>337029551
Trust me, it's not a great transition.
By the way, I've never played it myself, but does P3rd have a free-move vertical camera, or is it still separated into "layers" like fucking 3U was?
I'm glad 4(U) did away with that retarded shit.
>hurrr let's have a totally free camera but only underwater durrr
Fuck you, capcom.
>>
>>337029926
P3rd's camera was the same as it's always been. No idea what this "layered camera is" is, as I've never played 4, but P3rd's wasn't different from the other entries in the series so there you go.
>>
>>337030176
GAY
>>
File: shrug.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>Have had my 3DS with CFW for a while now
>Could've already played the fuck out of MHX with the translated Japanese version
>Waiting for its English release anyways to make it even longer since the last time I played MH so I don't get burned out
>>
>>337029045

back in the old japanese monster hunter you get more blood splatter when you hit the critical areas while the censored version has it toned down.
>>
>>337028413
What games? Fed Force? Zelda UNX? Paper Mario Sticker Star 2 Electric Boogaloo? I guess technically those are "some" "games".
>>
>>337030418
>take out something fucking useful
WOW WHAT A DOUCHE
>>
>>337026583
I certainly don't know what hunter arts are but the new designs are good.
I just started 4U too. I'll get this one when it comes out.
>>
>>337030534
>zelda unix
hue
>>
>>337030418
What game are you talking about? I'm not trying to contradict you, I'd just never heard of this. 3U/4U don't look any different from their Japanese counterparts to me.
>>
>>337030681
Probably FU and before.
>>
>>337030534
New 3D Mario for certain. Good chance of bringing a showstopper like a sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising too.

And of course a new Monster Hunter exclusive, which is quite literally the only deciding factor for me.
>>
>>337030534
>they haven't shown any NX games yet
>that means there are none!
t. sonygger
>>
>>337030681
PSP games you fucking retard. I know you started with the 3DS games but back in the day the blood splatter were censored.
>>
>>337030816
?New KI
Great, more fuel for Sakurai to jack off with all over the next Smash.
>>
>>337030840
I actually started with the PS2 game, never had a chance to try the PSP.

It's weird how common censoring blood splatter used to be in vidya. Now it's all cleavage and panty removal, but blood/n/guts is fine. What a strange time to live.
>>
>>337028276
>You don't have to worry about positioning ever, or how to properly avoid attacks
What the fuck?
>>
Because they couldn't add a useless gimmick to the game and call it innovative.

>tfw I got burned out from 4U just after 70 hours

Didn't help I tried to get some of those stupid healer cats before going HR
>>
>>337026057
Fuck amiibos, I just want Badges.
>>
>>337031356
There are MH badges though, they just haven't come out in NA. GL trying to get them though, they're stuffed into the catchers in awful ways.
>>
File: MHX West.png (436 KB, 632x603) Image search: [Google]
MHX West.png
436 KB, 632x603
>>337030840
>Mod PSP
>Triple splatter effect.
Feels good.jpg
>>
>>337031237
>someone online gives everyone in the room a healer cat with healsong+ which also gives regen in addition to healing
Fucking amazing.
>>
>>337026671
Ah, no, there's a difference between hunting styles and hunting arts. Guild style can still use hunting arts, two of them in fact, and it's going to be difficult for anyone to justify not using certain ones.

Like Lances, especially in an online setting. Metal Body and Diamond Body, man. No flinching without the need for Rocksteady.

In fact, Striker Style is specifically a "play like the old games" style, and for Lance, which has had its third poke changed and enhanced in Guild Style, some folks might want to use Striker for the ordinary triple poke and they'll even get 3 hunter arts and be able to add in Enraged Guard.
>>
File: ActivateHypeThrusters.webm (261 KB, 630x360) Image search: [Google]
ActivateHypeThrusters.webm
261 KB, 630x360
>>337030564
Hunter Arts are super moves that are charged up as you deal or take damage, and are activated through the touchscreen or button combos.

There's a handful of universal arts that any weapon can use, such as:
>Hunter's Oasis : Enter a trap-preparing animation but put down a Potion Sprinkler that heals about the amount of a herb periodically in an area around it
>Metal Body : You cannot run, but you become completely unflinchable.
>Perfect Combination : For a time, all combining is guaranteed success and maximum output.

But there's also unique arts that only specific weapons can use, such as with the Gunlance for instance:
>Blast Dash : Aim Gunlance behind you and fire a shell to rocket yourself forward into a hard-hitting slam attack, which can be followed by comboing, hopping, or full burst.
>Wyvern's Breath : IMMEDIATELY raises your Heat Gauge to maximum for best poking damage.
>Mountain Dragonfire : Wyvernfire on steroids, a massive fireball of constant pain and damage
>>
>Release Generations in the west
>Announce MHXG/MHGU afterwards
>>
>>337033640
My ass can NOT take a G-rank on top of this. Monsters already do 80% of your health bar.
>>
>>337033893
A G-Rank re-release would probably just weaken down high rank
>>
>>337033968
They've never done that before. Which is why the late gathering hall highrank in 4U was so ridiculous.
>>
File: ThisIsYourKirinOnPellet.jpg (146 KB, 677x1027) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsYourKirinOnPellet.jpg
146 KB, 677x1027
>>337031554
It does.
>>
>>337028030
>>337028276
>>337031176
Not him. It's called a perfect dodge (or "just evade"), but that's not quite true, because the window for said dodge is actually quite large. It's basically natural Evade Up and Evasion+2 that extends if you hit in that window, but if you have truly shit tier timing then you'll whiff even bigger than usual and eat shit. It's important to note though that not all weapons have Adept styles worth using, as what they lose may not be made up for by what they gain. Insect Glaive for instance. Total dogshit Adept style. The bug has no fucking stamina and you can't recall it, you need to run over to it every time and the mechanics of it are wonky as hell.

Also while Adept makes it easier to not take damage, it's important to not overuse it because very few of the better speedkill times are actually done in Adept, except when it comes to certain weapons. Furthermore, Adept return dashes (the run-in most weapons get after the dodge to close the distance back to the monster) are notoriously bad for properly repositioning yourself unless you know where to aim it in prediction of the monster's movements. This is why weapons that gain something from Adept without needing to use the return dash tend to be among the best, such as Hammer for instance which gains Strong Charges with an enhanced charge attack moveset that can be held while you move around to reposition manually, and can even do enhanced jump attacks from ledges.
>>
>>337034826
>>337028030
Also Adept Style's potency very largely depends on the monster's attack style, meaning range and frequency. For more meandering monsters or ones with tighter attacks it can be a bit more of a pain.
>>
>>337035073
This, outside DB isn't it bad against Gold Zinogre for example?
>>
>>337029278
>giant badger
..?
......?

You mean Arzuros, the bear?

Also if you were playing on regular 3DS, I strongly recommend you get the Circle Pad Pro accessory. It's bulky but the control improvement is immense. That said, yes, the camera control style changed between 3U and 4U, that being that it's no longer tiered vertically, but can now be aimed up and down like a normal fucking camera.
>>
>>337029760
Man even the Japs aren't convinced we'll get a G-rank upgrade. There's a good chance that it'll get an NX port that looks prettier and that'll be about it before MH5.
>>
>>337035550
I'm not sure I even want an MH5. 4 was the big one for me, waited 6 years, played it, loved it, I'm fucking done.
>>
>>337035714
I honestly hated 4U.
I went from FU to a tiny bit of Tri, which I didn't like, then 4U with nothing else in-between. 4U had good ideas, but most of the execution was fucking insufferable to me.
I went back and played 3U, and oddly enough, love it. Even with shittier swimming controls than Tri.
>>
>>337035417
It was some big blue thing with a rocky back texture. I was playing on 3ds, but now I have a Zelda N3DS. Is the nipple stick ok? Is the camera good in Cross? That's the one I'm considering.
>>
>>337036047
>Is the nipple stick ok?
Fuck no.
>>
>>337036047
You really shouldn't NEED anything more than the L softlock and using the camera control on the right side of your touchscreen.
>>
>>337035714
I hope they bring underwater back in MH5 but improve the controls and mechanics.

>Olympic Swimmer swimming speed being the natural swimming speed
>Pull out the camera a little bit for better depth perception
>Make distance-closing moves go even further than usual
>Add more i-frames and a little more distance to the underwater dodges
>Remove the fucking camera fuckery when performing underwater dodges and make it just follow like usual
>One-button toggle between locked camera and unlocked camera (panning without swiveling as you move versus swiveling as you move)

>>337036047
I really like the nipple stick, given its proximity to the face buttons and not actually needing you to move it to get a response in-game, but its texture leaves a little to be desired so I'd just sand the top very gently, just to give it some kind of gripping texture to stick to your thumb instead of having to push at the sides every time if your hands start getting sweaty or oily.

>>337035952
>even shittier swimming controls than Tri
I literally could not remember which shoulder button was swim up/swim down in Tri and kept pressing the wrong ones, every single time. Pressing B and then quickly moving the movement stick up or down made a lot of sense to me and felt very intuitive.
>>
>>337036175
Ah well. It'll have to do I guess, I need to system transfer to it before I do anything on it anyway.
>>337036247
That was what I found so irritating about 3U though.
>>337036431
>you don't have to move it
Hmm. Probably will put a little sticker on top if I need grip I guess.

Also the thing was Arzuros, I googled it and it is a bear. Just looked vaguely badger-ish to me.
>>
>>337037174
Maybe because it eats honey.
>>
>>337037896
It ate me
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mhg on vita
>>
>>337038098
>MHO is coming to the west
>>
>>337037174
I wouldn't recommend putting any sticky on it.

Actually, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYN9XWngRds
>>
>>337038316
is it really?
>>
>>337038498
Thanks anon, but I'm ok. If it gets nasty I'll go back to this but for now it's fine.
>>
>>337038615
Guess
>>
>>337039041
Personally it doesn't bother me enough to be worth that, I just adjusted and got used to it.
>>
>>337039119
Yes, I think that's probably the best way.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.