[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a story for this shit If they were all heroes at one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
Is there a story for this shit

If they were all heroes at one point why are they fighting eachother across the globe
>>
yes but nobody cares
>>
Mercy and Reinhardt fucked
Tracer is into bestiality
Symmetra doesn't poo in the loo
>>
>>337022723
hopefully when release comes it'll have one
since they are going the trubble of making mini comics n' shit
>>
>>337022723
Symettra only poos in designated shitting streets
>>
>>337022723
They're just being old school, calling back to when multiplayer had nothing to do with the plot and wasn't canon.

It's annoying how lately games have basically limited what they could do in multiplayer by trying to fit it into the plot. "Nope, can't do that because MUH STORY." Fuck that.
>>
From what I gathered, there was some kind of global conflict/war, Overwatch was formed.

It ended, the need for them died down, members went to reserve/inactive.

Some of the old members went rogue, rest of them galvanized back into action to stop them.
>>
>>337023685
The one time i want the story of a multiplayer shooter and its the one time they dont have any
>>
They're a group of super friends who were fighting the bad guys. They bad guys got got and now nobody wants them.

Syndrome is making omnibots to destroy new York or something and Mr incredible has to get the band back together
>>
The gameplay isn't canon.

It's no different than LoL where they pretty much dropped the whole "people willingly being controlled by summoners for MUH CAUSE" to just focus on character interactions and worldbuilding since its more interesting and less formulaic.
>>
Mankind made Robots. Robots rebelled.
The Omnic Crisis.
The world needed the Avengers, but we call it Overwatch due to copyright reasons.
As with the Avengers, overwatch got put to blame for casualties even though they probably saved the world 800 times.
Betrayal, Vengeance, Romance and Theatrics.

Minor things.
Reaper is formerly Gabriel Reyes, the commander for Overwatch's Black Ops Division "Blackwatch".

During the Omnic Crisis, a huge robot started wrecking shit in Korea every few years.
Each time it got defeated it also adapted to its opposition for next time.
At one point the Korean Army got wrecked because their own autonomous robots got hijacked ala Skynet style by the Omnic.
The Korean Army decided to put pilots back into their troops and enlisted Starcraft Players due to the logical conclusion that they have insane reaction abilities. Enter Hana Song aka D.va who also streams her battles to her viewers and occasionally stars in movies.

Reinhardt is a true european knight born in our century. He's just a bit out of place.

Something about evil coprorations because Overwatch is pretty much just a brighter Shadowrun setting.
>>
>start playing open beta
>hey this is pretty good I guess
>win a few games
>have some fun
>come back after a few days
>tf2 players and other f2p fuckers have caught wind of free open beta
>every game is shit
>every single one of my teammates just sit around
>no one pushes or does the objective
>they all can't keep their aim on an enemy for more than a few seconds

Holy fuck RIP. I have never seen a games community go from alright to absolute shit that fast
>>
>>337025485
Its for this reason the whole "omnic equality" angle they're trying to convey comes off as forced and makes the omnics look like Dindus, more than anything.

Like damn, what a buch of bigots. A few hundred thousand people dead at the hands of robotic killing machines and suddenly they're losing their minds, geez.
>>
Why am I pushing a car with a... floating hand in it.
>>
>>337027447
You know there would be SJWs who campaign for Omnic rights though. And that shit ain't globally accepted.
>Torbjorn: Omnic rights? *spits*
>>
>>337028734
look at all the signs in the map
>>
File: Syndrome.jpg (13 KB, 200x382) Image search: [Google]
Syndrome.jpg
13 KB, 200x382
>>337025485
I've seen this exact storyline somewhere before.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.