[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix the elder scrolls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 23
File: 7kz1d[1].jpg (134 KB, 620x819) Image search: [Google]
7kz1d[1].jpg
134 KB, 620x819
How do we fix the elder scrolls?
>>
paid modds
>>
>>337022614
Buy Fallout 4
>>
>>337022614
Give the franchise to Obsidian.
>>
>>337022695
nigga what they already done more than we need, for free
>>
>>337022614

dodt is obviously going to demolish todd due to todd having a pencil neck.
>>
>>337022614
smaller studios make elder scrolls adventures with a set character exploring a certain era/region, i.e Redguard
>>
>>337022976
nice job spamming your shit all the time

really makes me want to watch your videos
>>
>>337022614
toss that god awful engine out the window and start from scratch
fallout 4 is basically a morrowind mod
>>
>>337022749
OP said how to fix, not destroy
>give series to obsidian
>elf children everywhere
>they bring back mysticism for no reason
>they get bored with it after one game and reboot the series
>>
File: 1462282721187.jpg (8 KB, 320x140) Image search: [Google]
1462282721187.jpg
8 KB, 320x140
>>337023167
>>
>>337023204
Just like Portal 2 is Quake mod.
>>
>>337022614
By not making any more of them.
>>
Can't, modern Bethesda games don't just sell well they receive accolades.

It's natural that as a title grows it also opens it up to a wider audience in different ways, pretty much guaranteeing older fans to deem it shit.
>>
>>337023204
>that god awful engine
creation is a great engine, as far as I can see, each game on the engine gets more and more bug free.

Other than bugs, the only reason I think of you hating it for is limitations, which it doesn't actually have.
Every "limitation" I've heard of has been proven wrong by either mods or Bethesda, if someone tries to, I can. see someone mod in working ladders
>>
>>337023419

It is shit, anon
>>
>>337023683
>creation is a great engine
>each game on the engine gets more and more bug free
>limitations, which it doesn't actually have
fucking lmao
>>
Either make >>337023134 but more like Dark Messiah, or make an actual RPG game. No in-between shit.
>>
>>337023683
>creation is a great engine
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
>>
>>337023824
>>337023932
>if I yell really loud maybe he'll go away
Tell me how the engine is bad, if the engine is actually bad then you will have no trouble proving such
>>
>>337022614
Copy Gothic 1 and 2
>>
>>337024490
I bought those because I heard they were really good.

But they're not, Gothic is terrible
>>
post todd
>>
>>337024380

No ladders
>>
>>337022614
Fire Todd, first.
>>
>>337024964
>>
>>337024675
This. Couldn't even finish Gothic 1 because almost everything about that game was so shit.
>>
>>337024985
>Fire the man who invented the series
>>
>>337022749
so they can add tranny and shit?
no thanks.
>>
File: 1416539835735.gif (334 KB, 293x181) Image search: [Google]
1416539835735.gif
334 KB, 293x181
>>337025554
>>
>>337024490
>copy unfun kraut prison island simulator
next thing you would tell me is copy stalker for fallout 5.
>>
>>337025740
copy fucking ANYTHING to get away from the atrocities that is FO3 and beyond.
>>
Op is from Bethesda, fucktards, give him good ideas to put in the game
>>
>>337022614
pay the modding community, UESP and amatuer voice actors who are fans of the series to make TE6
beth does the engine, a new one, get their guy on the score and sound production etc.

that way we have real passionate and dedicated artists, lore and lore makers, voices that sound like real people of the all races....
all we need now is someone to make the quest lines and story
>>
>>337025210
look up, press E, black screen...loading

their engine is just a very heavily modified outdated engine, they need a new one from scrath...its over 15 years old
>>
>>337029465
>their engine is just a very heavily modified outdated engine, they need a new one from scrath...its over 15 years old
You don't even realize that there are plenty of good games out there with an engine that has those same qualities.

Ladders not being "functional" has to do with Bethesda's willingness to figure them out, or anyone for that matter.
Climbing ladders is entirely possible in Creation, it just hasn't been done yet.
>>
Take away the auto-directional pointer.

Have a more detailed journal system similar to Baldurs Gate, not a simple line or two.

Drop the whole Skyrim/ESO/Fallout 4 engine, it's bugged to fuck, it's clunky it doesn't do what we want it to do.

Bring classes back, more stats and skills.

Stay away from any sort of overt mention of sexuality and gender identity.

Don't make the plot echo current movements or events.
>>
>>337030113
>it's clunky
somone hasn't watched Fallout 4 gameplay and that someone is you
>it doesn't do what we want it to do
You mean it doesn't do what YOU want it to do, which you don't even know what you want it to do.

But for everyone else, it works perfectly fine.
>>
>>337030330

Raise your shield high white knight
>>
>>337030413
>This isn't going the way I hoped, so I'll call him a white knight and hope he goes away
Kill yourself
>>
Put time and effort into every facet of the game. People won't mind waiting for your game to be properly finished, instead of rushing out a poorly realised product just to hit an ebin release date like 11/11/11.
Stop relying on modders (unpaid fixers) to iron out bugs and making it playable. SkyUI never should have been necessary.
Now that everyone and their grandparents have played an Elder Scrolls game, there's no need to dumb it down. Stop cutting bits off the game's core simply because you can't be bothered with it. Let players play in your world instead of limiting their options. It's either an open-world role-playing game or it isn't.
>>
>>337030563

I'm not even that dude but the engine is not the best among, check out melee vats sometime
>>
File: 1355176154848.jpg (63 KB, 672x712) Image search: [Google]
1355176154848.jpg
63 KB, 672x712
>>337023248
>>elf children everywhere
>>they bring back mysticism for no reason
>>they get bored with it after one game and reboot the series
this is LITERALLY the best thing that could happen to it
>>
Just one golden rule.

Do not act and develop the game as if we were all braindead 15 year olds. I can bear bugs, glitches etc. Just for once, since Morrowind, please don't make a game that straight up insults you because how simple, shallow and without any real depth or originality it is.

Don't fucking fear to be original.
>>
>>337029782
>You don't even realize that there are plenty of good games out there with an engine that has those same qualities
not true
the only studios pumping out games with early 00's era engines are Bethesda and IW with Call of Duty

both need engine reboots
>>
>>337031195
>literally raping the lore and then erasing it all together is the best thing that could happen to it
>>
>>337031337
>the only studios pumping out games with early 00's era engines are Bethesda and IW with Call of Duty
300% Bullshit
>>
>>337031384
yes, yes it is.
TES is beyond saving at this point.

a clean slate, a cleansing fire, start over.
>>
>>337029186
>beth does the engine, a new one
which will make all the community tools and knowledge obsolete for months
you speak like beth modders can be qualified to make something on professional level. They are not. Take a texture and polish it to 4k and double the polygon count of a gun doesnt modeller make.
Their plots, "lore" and musics are god awful, sometimes deviant art tier cringworthy. The balance autists dont like each other's approach. The level designers are 99% crap who are either unfun masochist or wannabe environmental artists. Their shit also conflict to hell with each other.
>>
>>337031493
I understand now, you don't actually like TES at all, you're just here to shitpost with "I wish it catered to me"

1/10
>>
>>337031384
yup, especially considering that's what Bethesda has done with every new release anyway
Morrowind changed a lot of shit from Daggerfall, Oblivion changed a lot from Morrowind; only Skyrim maintained decent lore, except for the fact that it was a worse game in every way imaginable

also, mysticism was the best magic in the series. fuck you
>>
>>337030330
They have used this engine for some considerable time, yet every single game that comes out is riddled with bugs, errors and fuckups.
>>
>>337031730
>yup, especially considering that's what Bethesda has done with every new release anyway
They've done nothing but improve it
>also, mysticism was the best magic in the series. fuck you
Fuck off retard it was a pointless school
>>
>>337031904
>They have used this engine for some considerable time, yet every single game that comes out is riddled with bugs, errors and fuckups.
You are just pulling shit out of your ass
>>
>>337031920
>They've done nothing but improve it
>Mysticism was pointless
I see; you don't have any standards or opinions. What you like simply only aligns with what Bethesda does. In other words you're a useless shill. Kill yourself. I bet you prefer Fo3 over FNV
>>
>>337024380
It crashes when you sneeze. Since Morrowind.
>>
>>337032026
are you fucking serious? Oblivion, Skyrim, Fo3, and Fo4 ALL had hilariously retarded bugs at launch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7trmEmI5Js
>>
>>337032026
Yes, the bugs from Fallout 4. Deny it all you want, it's apologists like yourself that result in Devs and Publishers giving us sub-standard games.
>>
>>337022614
4chan basically just wants it to be another Dark Souls or Dragons Dogma. I just wish it will have spears, real-time mutilation, and good mods. Modern games are garbage by default anyway, but mods will fix it.
>>
File: Morrowind Vivec concept.jpg (984 KB, 1024x744) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind Vivec concept.jpg
984 KB, 1024x744
>>337022614
Make the games harder. Not health spongier. Enemies with unique timings and behaviors that require unique methods to dispatch.

Make the skills matter again. Give us more or not, I don't care, but make it so that character builds fucking matter. No more "any build can do anything, and in the end you're all builds!" bullshit.

Hand place items. Hand place enemies. Hard set the levels of both. Acceptable caveat: enemies can have a soft range of levels so long as they're narrow and the enemy type and placement is still hard set.

Make factions matter. This ties into point number two. They need to be more exclusive than Morrowind's. One or two factions should have enough quest content to supplement the main story for a single character's play through. The game should have multiple fronts encouraging multiple characters.

No radiant quests. Stop trying to make a game that makes itself for you. Put some fucking effort and passion into your shit, Todd.
>>
File: 1456628730670.jpg (170 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456628730670.jpg
170 KB, 640x640
>>337022614
by redoing the entire game engine instead of using the same shitty gamebryo garbage for the millionth time

something like frostbite or ue4

and also redoing the entire coding for movement and combat
>>
>>337032127
>Well everything you said is invalid because I don't agree with it
Okay, you lose.

>>337032149
>>337032340
And neither of you can prove any of this

>>337032216
This is literally a compilation video of some bugs over hundreds of hours of gameplay.
I doubt many of them were even recorded by the same person.
If I posted a compilation video of bugs in another game you'd have to say it was the same case as gamebryo/creation.

It proves nothing.
>>
File: Brienne-Profile-HD.png (1 MB, 823x1074) Image search: [Google]
Brienne-Profile-HD.png
1 MB, 823x1074
>>337032921
>Bugs don't exist lelele
>>But they do exist, see?
>You have proven nothing this day, good sir.
>>
>>337033031
Bugs exist in basically every modern game. But vast majority of player will never encounter them.
>>
>>337033031
>>Bugs don't exist lelele
Never said anything like that.

You said they're "riddled with bugs" >>337031904
A compilation video over many hours of gameplay likely from multiple sources is not "riddled"
>>
>>337033252
Nigga, you can turn on a Bethesda game and go and find the same bugs as the last game by doing the same shit. From minor odd shit like your feet sticking to roofs since Morrowind, the rubber banding physics since Oblivion, or the memory leaks from saving. Their bugs are encountered commonly enough to be common knowledge.

As for your other conversation about mysticism. It was not pointless and even if it were, you hit on a ton of people's issue with Bethesda:

"We didn't know how to make it interesting. It was hard, so we removed it and made walking look prettier."
>>
>>337022614
aiight serious reply now...
i haven't played the previous elder scrolls so i don't know what i'm missing, but as far as playing skyrim only... the biggest thing that bothered me was the lack of player character dialogue. there is so little of it, and it's so bland, your character cannot emote beyond how you design him physically and roleplaying.
also a problem is lack of interesting characters.
the setting is great, the music is great, the world feels dynamic, but everything in it is extremely bland.

so to fix elder scrolls, Bethesda needs to hire new writers.
>>
Dear Todd,

If you're reading this, changing the engine is probably a good idea in the long run. Regardless of your choice, keep it playable on toaster PC's if possible. Skyrim was good in that regard, where it still ran well on toasters but looked great on serious machines with the settings up.

Bring back class selection, but at the same time, don't limit the player to that one class for the rest of the game (i.e. barring people from leveling up certain skills).

You can sprinkle a little bit more lore into the game. TES lore is actually really cool, but nearly all of it is limited to random books in Skyrim. Don't be afraid to put in a little more, but don't go overboard and shove it in the player's face either.

P
>>
File: sadgungrabber.jpg (31 KB, 634x358) Image search: [Google]
sadgungrabber.jpg
31 KB, 634x358
>>337033402

If a game has bugs and errors that can corrupt a save game, crash a game without warning, make certain quests and actions impossible to do that is an unfinished game and should be called such. If you were lucky and did not experience more than a handful (Still too many) that does not discount the game was not riddled with them as all evidence shows it was.

It is the same as Apple releasing a phone and letting people with too much money and too little sense do the debugging. Once they get all the information they put it in a patch and release it.

The new expansion, Far Harbor, that does not resemble Fallout at all, in visuals, in dialogue or plot. It is so far removed from the source material it really could branch off and become it's own Post-Apoc Fiction.
>>
>>337033767
Many other people disagree with you, and say they didn't saw any bugs when playing the game. I bet you are also one of the persons who constantly post DaS2 bug webms in threads, and think this says anything about the quality of the game.

>As for your other conversation about mysticism
There are more than just two people here, you know. I don't give a shit about mysticism though.
>>
File: dontneedassaultrifle.jpg (66 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
dontneedassaultrifle.jpg
66 KB, 500x415
>>337034287
I got confused what we were trying to fix because the games are so similar.
>>
>>337022614
better quests
better characters
better overall writing

seriously.
>>
>>337034287
>changing the subject
It's okay anon, you don't have to reply anymore, no one will know it's you, no one will be able to link your posts to any form of identity.
>>
File: dZ2qU[1].jpg (119 KB, 1024x719) Image search: [Google]
dZ2qU[1].jpg
119 KB, 1024x719
>>337022614
It´s simple..........., we kill the Toddman.
>>
>>337033402
They are riddled with bugs. You're not proving a damn thing trying to obfuscate the argument with the "PROBSABABBLY MILLIONS OF HOURS TO MAKE DIS VIDEYO" bit, Todd.

Your games are buggy pieces of shit.
>>
>>337033808
>there is so little of it, and it's so bland, your character cannot emote beyond how you design him physically
it was like this since the first elder scroll game. Todd and Hines even said something along the line of not wanting to force players to read.
So it is more or less their signature way of "rpg"
>>
File: lunch.jpg (240 KB, 894x1120) Image search: [Google]
lunch.jpg
240 KB, 894x1120
Is Todd really making the games any better? I wonder when he'll step down and let someone else hold the reigns. It couldn't hurt. I've got at least 1000 hours in the TES/FO games but they all have major issues that shouldn't be acceptable.
>>
>>337034713
Reread the post anon, it's all there. If you had purchased a game with well written dialogue you would be able to follow a simple argument. Instead you hit one button and gave a sarcastic response.

A hilarious condemnation of your argument.
>>
>>337033402
>A compilation video over many hours of gameplay likely from multiple sources is not "riddled"
But, oh yes it is, because these compilations don´t exist for many other games, and those that have one generally fall under the category of "buggy as shit, so buggy in fact, that it is worth making a fucking compilation for the lulz, nigga".

That those bugs took place over an extended period does not alleviate the fact that there are games played even longer that don´t have as many bugs as to make any entomologist swoon in ecstasy.
>>
>>337035595
Todd is the head of Beth and the hype machine, he can slack off and nobody can do shit about it. Emil Pagliarulo appeared both as writer and designer in tesv and fo4, maybe he should go.
>>
>>337035669
The only thing that post has to do with the original argument is the mention of bugs, nothing else is still on track.

>>337035074
>>337035687
"Riddled" means to be "covered in" or to have something be very common in/on something, which is not the case with bugs in gamebryo/creation

The argument has already been disproven due to lack of evidence of bugs being a serious issue
>>
Fast forward to guns, have it play exactly like Fallout 4 but in a different skin.
Voiced protagonist, you're an imperial no matter what and you're the son of an imperial legion soldier who you have to find.
Give mthem money

- Dott Drawoh
>>
>>337036725
do we have a proud sassy redguard waifu with that?
>>
>>337022614
welp, since they've left the diceroll damage calculation for combat they could start adding meaningful melee combat. Unless you actually like spamming the mousebutton
>>
>>337023683
>which it doesn't actually have.
multiple animations for the same weapon class -> IMPOSSIBLE
the same melee attacks and power attacks for all weapons of that class
>>
>>337031195
This desu. I don't like Obsidian but they could at least improve the shitheap that is TES
>>
>>337037675
>multiple animations for the same weapon class -> IMPOSSIBLE
There are plenty of weapons in the same class with different animations.
>the same melee attacks and power attacks for all weapons of that class
I know for a fact that power fists have their own animation set, but other than that how else did you expect your character to swing weapons around?
Do you want them to do a little dance each time they begin to swing a sledgehammer?
>>
File: story1388.gif (13 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
story1388.gif
13 KB, 600x450
>>337022614
Recapture that strange "charm" the Oblivion's aesthetic and color captured, but now with better visuals than Skyrim did, some of Morrowind's/Shivering Isle's neat otherwordly direction and general prop design (so long as it fits whatever province is chosen), actual roleplaying kept intact, and enough little touches and pulpy pointless side-activities that make the game fun to fuck around in and explore (whether good or mindless criminal).

Revamp combat system to work similarly to the Deadly Reflex mod for Oblivion. Add in new weapon types atop the bare swords/blunts/bows setup; maybe some whip-like things, original-designs, Redguard cannonry, more staves, hell even some sealed-underground Dwarven repeating guns as DLC, I just wanna have some fun.

Hire decent writers for the main plot and NPC dialogue, make at least a handful of unique memorable characters with notable features (some maybe of different races or backrounds that even the player can't select, like Falmer, Maormer or Lilmothiit), and just overall make sure players are invested into their fates.

Top it off with Magic doing more than just generic little touch/ball/summon effects, and it's all good enough of a start for me.
>>
>>337022614
Add more cat
>>
>>337033252
>the vast majority of players never tab out if their game and experience crash after coming back
>this same bug exists since morrowind, since it's the same engine
>>
Add co-op.

I'd love to wander around an Elder Scrolls game with a friend, even if we couldn't do any missions.
>>
File: Bethesda is all about money.png (52 KB, 871x705) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda is all about money.png
52 KB, 871x705
>>337036210
>"Riddled" means to be "covered in"
>I am severely autistic and can't quite work out what hyperbole is. Help.
Sad tbqh.
>The argument has already been disproven
Absolutely false. Video evidence trumps your "probably rare tbqh imo" bullshit.
>>
>>337039021
>>337039356
>tries to backtrack saying he wasn't serious
>and then says he was serious and that the video which has already been disproven is proof enough just because you say so
This is too stupid to be a troll
>>
File: Ahnassi-Morrowind.png (1 MB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ahnassi-Morrowind.png
1 MB, 600x1000
>last good TES
>last TES to have a meow-fu

Not a coincidence
>>
>>337039804
>>last good TES
it's 2016
>>
>>337039539
I had a typo, Anon. Threw in a bonus image for the funsies.

I am quite serious in saying that you're pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>337040040
Wait so you have no idea what hyperbole actually means?
It means exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally

So you weren't backtracking and just didn't know what the word meant, that's fine.
But the video still proves nothing, especially not since all those bugs have been long fixed by bethesda.
>>
>>337040424
>It means exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally
Hey you found Google congrats.
Yes, "riddled" is not meant to be taken as literally as you did in the post I replied to. Good work. It is meant to exaggerate the fact that Bethesda games have a large amount of bugs that go unfixed from game to game.

>But the video still proves nothing, especially not since all those bugs have been long fixed by bethesda.
The video showcases bugs that are in the game Bethesda released. The AI and physics bugs have not been fixed by the company. They are, however, partially fixed by fan patches.
>>
>>337040634
>the fact that Bethesda games have a large amount of bugs that go unfixed from game to game
But that's wrong, plenty of bugs get fixed between games.
>The AI and physics bugs-
Something not working the way you personally want it to does not equal to it being a bug
>>
>>337041360
>plenty of bugs get fixed
But their games don't have bugs. I have probem the video rong.
>Something not working the way you personally want it to does not equal to it being a bug
>An unintended fault or behavior resulting from a flaw in a program's coding isn't a bug lel
See? xD now ur gettinb it. We disproving them skrubs left n rite nao :3
>>
File: 1459441812948.gif (2 MB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
1459441812948.gif
2 MB, 266x400
>>337032630
>>337032750
>>337038074
>>337038565
>>337039301
All of these and I'd be in love.

Though I'll take my hopes with a grain of salt, since a legitimate Skyrim 2 or further de-escalation from Fallout 4 are possible.
>>
>>337022976
thumbed you down for the following
>being a jew
>posting your link with no text
>your whiny ass voice
>"most of the spells she won't be able to do, without training at least he-he oh gawwwwd"
Step yo game up nigga, edit this shit to be more interesting.
>>
>>337022614
I want a goddamn Multiplayer version to the game, which is pretty much the single-player mode where you could pop some green adventurer and look their stuff.
>>
>>337022614
first they need to redesign the whole leveling and difficulty system.

then they need to change the way the quests work. no one actually enjoys single player MMO quest anymore. make it more varied with more scripts like TW3.

and lastly they need to make sure the world is actually large enough and fun to explore. auto generated dungeons don't tend to do that.

the combat will still be shit but fans will accept that.
>>
File: f59b04d5c876419a803.jpg (118 KB, 808x880) Image search: [Google]
f59b04d5c876419a803.jpg
118 KB, 808x880
>>337043306
I agree, plus the neat features from pic related.

It would be nice if sleeping served a better purpose(leveling up and allocating stats) and if hostile factions wouldn't allow you into their controlled cities(making sneak necessary, until you finished the civil war questline)

Likewise, I wish there were things to steal. There's no purpose in being a thief for the most part.
>>
>>337043306
NONE of those posts have any idea what they're talking about
>>
>>337044390
Ok Todd.
>>
>>337022614
By giving the franchise to CDPR
>>
>>337044582
>Oh fuck he has a point! Better call him Todd and hope he leaves
Has that plan ever worked for you?
>>
>>337044601
such a dream
>>
>>337044390
Sure, if your goal is to minimize time and effort for maximum shekels because people will buy anything from you.
>>
>>337044685
>point
>literally just 'no'

Yeah, right. You're very smart, smartboy!
>>
File: 20160501203340_1.jpg (253 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160501203340_1.jpg
253 KB, 1600x900
>>337044685
Care to share that point with the rest of the class, Todd?
>>
File: ob_concept10B.jpg (262 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ob_concept10B.jpg
262 KB, 1024x768
>>337038074

>Recapture that strange "charm" the Oblivion's aesthetic and color captured, but now with better visuals than Skyrim did,some of Morrowind's/Shivering Isle's neat otherwordly direction and general prop design.

THIS so much

I just couldn't get into Skyrim that much after the shit in aesthetics after Morrowing and Oblivion. Everything looked either gray and simplistic or had typical "edgy" fantasy trope tint in it, from the Deadra armor to Alduins design. Things in Morrowind looked alien and strange and in Oblivion lush and vibrant.

Another thing that bothered me was how the completely abandoned the Elder Scrolls alien weirdness, which is more of an Old school sword and sorcery style
>>
File: 1440239819464.jpg (148 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1440239819464.jpg
148 KB, 640x427
>>337044390
>add more cat
>not a solution
Kill yourself
>>
>>337022614
Stop removing features.
Add back in removed features.
Remove level scaling.
>>
>>337023683
Go away, Todd
>>
>>337044127
You just reminded me again on how unforboding and shallow the whole "civil war" in Skyrim really was.

Good ideas for some mods or mechanics there though.
>>
>>337045117
>>337045178
>>337044685

From this post >>337032630
>Make the games harder. Not health spongier. Enemies with unique timings and behaviors that require unique methods to dispatch.
Enemies already have unique timings and behaviors, "make it harder" doesn't fucking say anything, what does he define as "hard"?
>make it so that character builds fucking matter. No more "any build can do anything, and in the end you're all builds!" bullshit.
At this part he's complaining that the game has too many options and that he wants less options because he has no self control.

From this post >>337032750
>redoing the entire game engine instead of using the same shitty gamebryo garbage for the millionth time
They already redid the engine and it's much better than it was in yesteryear.
>something like frostbite or ue4
Neither of those engines can handle an open world to the scale that gamebryo/creation can
>and also redoing the entire coding for movement and combat
They do this with every game

From this post >>337038074
>Recapture that strange "charm" the Oblivion's aesthetic and color captured
Can't do this unless you go back to cyrodill
>ome of Morrowind's/Shivering Isle's neat otherwordly direction and general prop design
This is a given, as skyrim is as generic a place as you can get.
>Revamp combat system to work similarly to the Deadly Reflex mod for Oblivion.
Deadly Reflex was terrible
>Hire decent writers for the main plot and NPC dialogue, make at least a handful of unique memorable characters with notable features
The series has always had this

I've addressed all the stupidity in those posts, any further questions?
>>
>>337047983
meant for >>337045178 instead of >>337044685
>>
>>337047983
Oh. So you were just retarded then. Carry on.
>>
>>337049286
>can't find a flaw in anything I've said
>so instead you just call me retarded hoping to save face
>>
I think they Bethesda has a goldmine of character interaction with all the races and racism.
From FO4 you can see that they atleast tried a little with making the companions better.
>>
File: 57s85rp.jpg (70 KB, 852x386) Image search: [Google]
57s85rp.jpg
70 KB, 852x386
>>337049417
>Not going to bother hand holding a retard through each and every way they're retarded is the same as being bested in a game of wits apparently.
Ok.
>>
>>337049897
>Yes I'm angry that you knew better than me, so go away I win because I said so
>>
>>337022614
How about magic that's useful outside of combat? You know, that thing that was gotten rid of for no reason.
Sneak and pickpocket should be the same thing like they always were
Persuasion needs a comeback
Get rid of that Health Magic or Stamina bullshit and bring stats back
Do magic like Morrowind did, one button brings out your weapon, one button brings out your magic hands
If you want to have dual wielding, use one button to attack and one button to block, none of that left-hand right-hand shit.
Weapon degradation and on-the-go alchemy

I might as well stop now and just say go back to the way things were and add off of that rather than getting rid of shit like they did with Skyrim.
>>337022749
They made the best Fallout game, I have faith that they'd make the best TES game, too.
>>
>>337050218
>They made the best Fallout game
Fuck off obsidrone, obsidian is the reason we're never getting a good fallout game beyond 1&2
>>
>>337050305
>1&2
>good
lol
>>
>>337022614

remove horrid looping hallway dungeons
replace all of the writers on the team
have factions compete against each other. no more master of everything like in previous games
have meaningful choices like in new vegas
and das it, it's THAT easy
>>
>>337047983
>Enemies already have unique timings and behaviors, "make it harder" doesn't fucking say anything, what does he define as "hard"?
Because the majority of enemies (at least humanoids) follow a lot of the same patterns, some just faster than others, and spellcasters/archers often just run from you. He probably means to have more enemies feel like mini "puzzles" to defeat.

>At this part he's complaining that the game has too many options and that he wants less options because he has no self control.
If you have a massive number of options for each class, then the purpose of separation is to both add an interest in starting over anew and to add the immersion that you're in a "role" and not easily attaining omnipotence.

>They already redid the engine and it's much better than it was in yesteryear.
>They do this with every game
If you mean polished the visuals/lighting but left all the bugs and limitations intact, sure. If you think it's brand new, topkek.

>Can't do this unless you go back to cyrodill
Skyrim intentionally chose to desaturate anything that could/should easily still have been more vibrant, or minimize cities and NPC pathways further down. This was just Bethesda again, not some province-limitation.

>Deadly Reflex was terrible
Flawed, sure, but the idea is definitely an expansion on TES's simplistic combat.

>The series has always had this
Relative to many other vidya franchises? Not really, there's plenty of room for improvement.
>>
>>337031384
how do you rape the lore of fanfic: the universe
>>
File: retard.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
Hi guys
>>
>>337022614
>ITT people wanting TES to be a game that it is not
>>
>>337047983
Oh and
>>some of Morrowind's/Shivering Isle's neat otherwordly direction and general prop design
>This is a given, as skyrim is as generic a place as you can get.

So you're agreeing? Ok thanks, and yeah it's a given, but that doesn't mean Bethesda will feel the need for the extra effort if something "generic" sells like hotcakes.
>>
>>337050847
Not only does TES already constantly shift bits of its focus, but most people ITT are just asking for improvements of the same general caliber. Not quite the same as asking it to be some linear CoD campaign or Bejeweled puzzler.
>>
>>337047983
>Enemies already have unique timings and behaviors
None of which matter because the solution to every enemy in Skyrim is to button mash. There is no proper fencing.
>At this part he's complaining that the game has too many options
No. He's complaining about the options not mattering because no matter what you choose, any character can solve it. Most often by simply button mashing their way through draugr.
>They already redid the engine and it's much better than it was in yesteryear.
They have made incremental improvements to an engine introduced in 1997. They have not overhauled it. There are odd behaviors in Fo4 that are directly traceable back to Morrowind.
>Neither of those engines can handle an open world to the scale that gamebryo/creation can
Citation needed.
Further: Fucking Gambryo can't handle open world. Bethesda tries every God damned game to include cities and set piece moments that have more than ten NPCs on screen at a given moment and it always falls flat on its ass.
>Can't do this unless you go back to cyrodill
"I can't into tone and aesthetic. I am confused. Herpaderp."
>The series has always had this
Just fucking lie then. Okay.
>>
>>337051215
This, >>337050847 is a dumbass.
>>
>>337050524
>If you have a massive number of options for each class, then the purpose of separation is to both add an interest in starting over anew and to add the immersion that you're in a "role" and not easily attaining omnipotence.
Which in turn removes the freedom that you're intended to have in these games, it's not the game's fault that you can't control yourself, the game doesn't force you to learn all forms of combat, that was you who chose to buy all those spells and learn how to fire a bow.
>If you mean polished the visuals/lighting but left all the bugs and limitations intact, sure.
No of course not, they've fixed a lot of things wrong with the engine, and none of the games reuse the coding for a previous game's combat.
>Skyrim intentionally chose to desaturate anything that could/should easily still have been more vibrant, or minimize cities and NPC pathways further down. This was just Bethesda again, not some province-limitation
No it was absolutely province limitation.
>Relative to many other vidya franchises? Not really, there's plenty of room for improvement.
Opinion.
>>337050956
Yes I am agreeing.
>but that doesn't mean Bethesda will feel the need for the extra effort if something "generic" sells like hotcakes.
Yes it does because Bethesda is not EA/Activison no matter how hard you try to pretend they are.
Bethesda cares about their games.

That's like saying Dragonborn didn't have all kinds of new tiles.
>>
Needs more wolves, bears, and bandits chavs. Everywhere must look like a plain uninspired forest. Remove magic, daedra, elves, beastfolk, and other fantasy creatures. One big skill tree, no leveling, or stats. You choose one default armor set with your choice of color and a basic weapon on the menu screen. The only way you get more armor and weapons is increasing your rank in the online arena or accumulating Mountain Dewrito points. Have a story mode with one main quest and two faction quests. You're the chosen one for both factions by the end of the first quest (three quests total).

Oh yeah. remove books too since reading is for fags.
>>
>>337031920
>Fuck off retard it was a pointless school
Half of it was incorporated into the remaining 5 schools, so you probably still used it for something.

It was mainly the de-spell powers that got axed IIRC, which had their use as well.
>>
>>337051250
>the solution to every enemy in Skyrim is to button mash
Listen if you're not going to even both to play the game then just stay out of the thread
>>
>>337051215
>>337051335
I've already seen someone saying combat should be more like Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls and someone saying they should start from scratch.
A lot of these complaints likely fundamentally misunderstand the type of studio Bethesda are. It's nostalgia goggles I know but people have odd ideas about this company. They don't make highly polished and detailed games, they're the developers who make a slap dash job of things. That's practically their charm. So many ideas about improvements to this game Bethesda simply are not capable of delivering as a developer and people should recognise their limitations and stop praising (then condemning) them way beyond their talent level.
>>
Here's an idea. Put actual role playing elements in the motherfucking game.
>>
How about a game that's better than the one they made in 2002? At least they tried with Oblivion.
>>
>>337051576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjm0dsBiL5U
Have an old ass video of me killing an ancient dragon then. Ebony weapons there are weaker than vanilla daedric and are the only gameplay effecting mod active on that save.
>>
>>337050751
This guy reeks of dude bro. No wonder Fallout 4 was such shit. Guy has the imagination of a rock.
>>
>>337052315
You're not fooling me
0/10
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.