[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch on consoles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16
File: 55555.jpg (398 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
55555.jpg
398 KB, 740x1110
After playing the beta on PC and PS4 for quite a while I wonder if critics will give it the same rating.

Overwatch is a much different game on PC, much faster and more dynamic.
Some heroes such as Tracer are basically unplayable with a controller even if you max out the sensitivity. She becomes so clunky and slow and not nearly as efficient as on PC with a somewhat skilled player.

Also, 80% of the matches I played on the PS4 were incredibly one-sided because the other team had no idea what they were doing/didn't know the objective.

Even if you have a potato PC - go with the PC version. Because it is a PC game first and foremost. And just as it was the case with Team Fortress2, I doubt that it will be supported as strongly as on PC. (see also other Blizzard games like Diablo 3)
>>
>tfw I only have a toaster laptop and a ps4

I don't know what to do
>>
>>337019975
My toaster laptop runs the game fine at 30fps. Try it while you can.
>>
how toaster are your toasters? i have a netbook. celeron and 2gb ram intel hd.
will it make it?
>>
>>337019824
I just wanna watch her take the knot.
>>
File: 44444.jpg (324 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
44444.jpg
324 KB, 740x1110
>>337020274
Just try it m8 - the download is quite small.
The open beta ends tomorrow.... or today depending in which timezone you live.
>>
File: 570e3e2e75a53_cut.jpg (112 KB, 892x560) Image search: [Google]
570e3e2e75a53_cut.jpg
112 KB, 892x560
I've never played FPS on a PC, so I'll just stick to my ps4. Also, I have a Dell Inspiron, so trust me, the visuals look like actual shit on my laptop compared to ps4.

>inb4 learn you shitter

I don't have the time to 'learn'. I just want to have some fun, which is what the game is on both PC/PS4.
>>
>>337019824
Not really.
I played both and PC is faster, but not that crazy over the top.
Its about the same as any FPS difference between PC and console, which most consoles players are used to.

PS4 games at low levels are dumb as fuck, but the same thing applies to PC. You just gotta get to a higher level to get better games.

The user base is at a fair amount, well from the beta, so I doubt they'd just drop it. Not instantly anyway. It will mostly be dropped near Nov. when most of the players will most likely move to the new CoD or Battlefield.

>Tracer
>Clunky and slow
Now way she is still one of the best on and has great attacking capabilities.
Remember that every player on PS4 is a bit more clunky and slower, so it all balances out.
>>
>>337019824
if only she wasn't a disgusting asian she'd be a qt.
>>
File: 1458869946724.jpg (11 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1458869946724.jpg
11 KB, 201x199
The game is broken on PC + PS4. Most players I encounter don't understand the dynamics of Tank/DPS/Healer. They pile onto 1 particular character.

Me and 2 friends were able to lock down entire matches with ease because we co-ordinated with our classes. This was on both PC + PS4. I tended to notice less retarded players on PC though, since many seem to have jumped ship from TF2 and have a better understanding of class dynamics.
>>
>>337019975
The game runs fine on most toasters
>>
>>337021148
but it looks shit
>>
>>337021254
But it's endlessly superior due to mouse and keyboard. At least tracer is playable
>>
>>337020945
Asians are superior in all ways.
>>
>>337021293
I was playing on ps4 yesterday and I was playing well with Tracer. It just depends on how well you're adjusted to the game mechanics.

Regardless, the game looks too bad on my laptop, so I'll just pick it up on ps4.
>>
File: 77777.jpg (773 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
77777.jpg
773 KB, 740x1110
>>337020849

I think it's a bit more PC sided than usual.

Blinking/Zooming in - placing a mine and then "getting that feeling of a Déjà-vu" out of there is nearly impossible on the PS4.

While it needs some planning on PC, it really is much easier to pull off.
>>
>>337021119
It's an open beta dumbfuck. it's always like that in these kind of games during beta's.
>>
I don't know how well it works but you can use a KB+M on PS4
>>
>>337021568

Way to miss my entire point you dumb cunt.

This game is being swarmed by CoD dudebros who don't understand basic mechanics. Anyone with half a brain or experience with class based mechanics are already dominating.

Is that extra chromosome burdening you? Consider suicide.
>>
>>337021293
I use a controller to play on the PC. It felt pretty good since the game is slow as shit anyway.
>>
>>337019824
>Some heroes such as Tracer are basically unplayable with a controller even if you max out the sensitivity. She becomes so clunky and slow and not nearly as efficient as on PC with a somewhat skilled player.
Speak for yourself, bud.
I main tracer on both console and PC and use her fine in both.
>Also, 80% of the matches I played on the PS4 were incredibly one-sided because the other team had no idea what they were doing/didn't know the objective.
What are you getting at? There's terrible people everywh-
>Even if you have a potato PC - go with the PC version. Because it is a PC game first and foremost
Ah, I see what's going on here.

Nah man. This is a very simplistic game. It plays just as well on consoles. True, it plays a but faster on PC, but the movement speed is perfectly usable on console. Nobody is "unplayable".

Normally I'd agree with you and say play [insert shooter] on PC only, such as with the new Doom, but a overwatch plays perfectly fine on console. I'll probably go PC version myself, but console version is definitely better than on a potato/toaster PC.
>>
File: drake.png (279 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
279 KB, 680x453
>>337021918
>I use a controller to play on the PC
>>
>>337019824
I've been thinking of getting the game on both PC and PS4 because of this. It really does feel like a very different game. The PS4 version was a lot more relaxing because of the lower skill level of the players, letting me just sit back and play without worrying about the outcome of the match, vs PC where everyone is more "tryhard" and that creates a more competitive atmosphere.

I would say Tracer is a lot easier on PS4 thought, because she moves faster than people can aim at her. She is a lot smother to play as with KB+M but same can be said with any character in any game.
>>
>>337022041
I do this with COD.
And I win.
>>
>>337022090
>>337021968
This t b h. I have a shit laptop, so I'll be getting it on PS4. Besides, there's no fucking good games coming out for a while.
>>
File: FEEDME.png (530 KB, 1164x700) Image search: [Google]
FEEDME.png
530 KB, 1164x700
>>337021968

>I main tracer on both console and PC and use her fine in both.
>>
>>337022264
Not him, but I also don't have a problem playing Tracer on console.
>>
>>337022131
Sure you do.
>>
File: 1337387650959.jpg (27 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1337387650959.jpg
27 KB, 310x310
>>337022131
>playing cod
>>
>buy on PS4
>stream through PC
>OP mad as fuck
>>
There are very few shooters that play better on console.
And by "better" I don't mean easier, but rather that the game was made from the ground up with some type of control scheme other than K/BM and using K/BM in it will literally break the game.

The only prominent ones that come to mind are Resident Evil 4 and Halo. Both of which have lining up your shots for repeated accuracy as the core point of the game and K/BM destroys that concept with its accuracy.
>>
Generic argument that games in FPS mode work usually better with KB+M and third person view generally works better with controller.

It's not so much of a console vs PC thing, more of what play style you prefer. PC is going to be more competitive and higher skill ceiling than consoles due to it's faster nature, but consoles will do better in the long run because casuals don't get shat on so hard by twitch reflexes.

If you want a good example, look at Titanfall on xbox and PC. PC had much faster movement and play styles than Xbox, but the game lived longer on Xbox than on PC.
>>
>>337022538
Console games don't last longer because of "Muh skill cieling", it's because of install base for AAA games, which is exponentially larger on consoles, and in the case of Titanfall specofically, EA Origin
>>
>>337022467
>There are very few shooters that play better on console.
COD is the only one, that is where they make their money and the PC ports are normally sub par

anyway OP I'm actually getting this game on PS4, I haven't played an fps on Console for so long, so I want one that is light hearted.
I don't do cowadoody, normally BF on PC.
This game is going to be hella competitive on PC, it's strategical more than a mil sim, with chars, classes and maps suited to game modes.
PC will be full of hacks and scripts soon enough too.

I just want a chilled fps game I can play and do well some times, bad other times but not take so seriously.
Hopefully find a few good buddies on PS4 too and build a dream team.
>>
File: meiofthegame1.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
meiofthegame1.webm
1 MB, 720x404
I'm playing on Xbone because my laptop is toaster-tier and only runs it at 30-40FPS on low. The game is faster on PC but no more than you'd expect for any other PC/Console FPS.

Get it on console if you can't run it on PC at at least 60FPS
>>
>>337023281
I actually think COD and all twitch shooters play better on PC.

Halo and Gears however are pointless on PC. The whole point of those games is lining up shots for repeated headshots. If you can just point your cursor over someone's head there's no point. I remember playing Halo 2 on PC. It was trash. No wonder it died so fast. Meanwhile Microsoft had to forcibly pry people off the Halo 2 servers years later when they were trying to shut it down.
>>
>>337022964
that makes no sense, that games last longer on consoles because they are bigger installs!
this gen is the first where it is mandatory install. wtf are you talking about.

Titanfall and BF hardline are still kicking on console yet dead on PC because they are casual games and most PC players play competitively. csgo being one of the most played fps despite how dated it is, for example.
>>
>>337022538
Pretty much this. I'm getting to the point in life where not only am I not as quick on the draw with a mouse anymore, but the competitiveness of PC has lost it's appeal to me. I just want to play games for the sake of unwinding and not to win, and with the rise of eSports it's becoming harder to do that on PC. At the end of the day I usually end up more stressed out than before I started playing. Maybe that spark will come back one day but for right now I feel much more comfortable playing things like this on PS4.

I'll always play games on PC as my main system. There's no doubt that it's the better platform in terms of performance and community, that's why I want to get the game on both systems.

>>337023281
>PC will be full of hacks and scripts soon enough too.

This is a constant fear I've had this entire gen. Most new FPS that I've played on PC have been nothing but hackers, at least the triple A ones. Buying R6:Siege on PC was one of the biggest wastes of money because Ubisoft literally doesn't give a fuck that hackers control the game now. I don't think this game will be one of them though. Blizzard is a PC first kinda company and will most likely prevent that from happening.
>>
My laptop ran the beta at a perfect frame rate with slightly downgraded graphics. The official release will run it also, right? I'm assuming yes but I'm nervous
>>
>>337023585
>I actually think COD and all twitch shooters play better on PC.
better gameplay because they are more precise and skill based yeah.
COD has a rep for making inferior buggy, laggy ports of their games on PC, the player base doesnt last so long
>>
>>337019824
I've played some Overwatch on the Xbone and I just can't aim with some people. I can't use Mcree at all.
>>
>>337019824
Does she get naked?
>>
>>337020686
>I've never played FPS on a PC
arent you too young to be on 4chan?
>>
>>337023826
Unless they do a complete rework of the engine + graphics you should be good.

>>337023868
PC gamers are quick for flavor of the month games. They go with whatever game just came out before moving to the next.

>>337023881
Have you adjusted your sensitivity at all and left it for a few games to see if you adjust to it?

>>337023954
It was removed in a recent patch because she's so sexy she upset fat neckbeards that realised they would never see her irl.
>>
File: P4031567.jpg (1 MB, 740x1109) Image search: [Google]
P4031567.jpg
1 MB, 740x1109
>>337023954
No you pervert! Tracer is pure!
>>
>>337023281
I'm playing on ps4 too. Want to play together, friend?
>>
>>337019824
Its the exact smae case as TF2 on consoles, which was terrible.
>>
>>337024045
Nice meme. Have a (You)
>>
>>337024081
I've set my sensitivity lower on the Xbone, but any slower and turning becomes terrible.
>>
>>337023697
>Blizzard is a PC first kinda company
yeah but its their first fps, and some youtube reporters I have seen have said they have experienced hackers,cheaters in the beta already.
this is a major PC issue, though not as common on console.

>I'm getting to the point in life where not only am I not as quick on the draw with a mouse anymore, but the competitiveness of PC has lost it's appeal to me. I just want to play games for the sake of unwinding and not to win
this is exactly how I feel nowadays.
I havnt played BF4 on PC (my main competitive game) or any fps game at all for nearly a year, I want one I can sit back and enjoy, not get too deep into it.
flip side of that though, this being a 6v6 arena shooter I need to find a decent squad I cant play with randoms on this game or I will get stressed out with it.
im gonna look for people when I get the game, maybe start a community on PS4 for PTFO players
>>
>>337024303
You can individually adjust characters to have different sensitivities. So if one character is giving you trouble, you can always adjust just those ones.
>>
>>337024081
>PC gamers are quick for flavor of the month games. They go with whatever game just came out before moving to the next.
are you kidding, csgo, TF2 BF2-4
they are all kicking, look how old cs and TF are
>>
>>337023826
It should identically to the beta so no worries anon
>>
>>337019824
That images face reminds me of Stray-X.
>>
>>337024542
That's what I'm afraid of for console Overwatch. That the game won't have the staying power long after launch.
>>
>>337021430
playing well against people who can't turn around and shoot you

playing on console is like being permanently mei'd
>>
>>337023620
Literally the most retarded post I've ever seen
>>
>>337024081
>PC gamers are quick for flavor of the month games. They go with whatever game just came out before moving to the next.

This is pretty much the opposite. I always see PC players playing the same FPS the same MMO respectively as if they never play a variety of games. I find myself an outlier as I generally play singleplayer indie games most of the time, but multiplayer? Go to any LAN and it's just LoL 24/7 the same damn dota game since wc3
>>
>>337024151
sure anon me on PSN stinkyremy just mssg ur the anon for overwatch.
what char and classes are you going to main, and what timezone you in?

im in uk
im looking on maining zenyatta support and most likely tank class.
im not leeroy jenkins i like to PTFO
>>
If it had crossplay this would be a problem.
>>
>>337025014
>crossplay

That would be a fucking genocide
>>
>>337025014
They've said no crossplay at launch. Hopefully, they keep it that way.
>>
File: tracercute.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tracercute.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>337024951
UKfag too m8. I'll probably be using Tracer/Bastian regularly, but I'll be testing out the rest too.
>>
Game controls like a fucking dream on Xbone
>>
Tracer's Slipstream Skin is enough to make me play her often.
>>
>>337023620
...do you not know what people mean by "install base"?
>>
>>337023281
>COD is the only one,
used to be
advanced warefare and blops 3 are actually very good PC games
>>
>>337025141
thats cool, add me

you maining a offence and defence me maining a support thats a good start.
just need a few more and we might have the dream team.
ill be looking on playing all chars and learning them and have one main from each class just support will be my main role.

im not on PS4 really much until overwatch comes out.
Im playing infamous on PS3 atm, maybe ass creed syndicate next though.
>>
>>337024389
I've already seen videos of hackers on PC and at the moment it is a problem, but I do think Bliz will solve it at least post launch.

>>337024946
It all depends on the game. A lot of newer games die much faster on PC because, for example, why buy a brand new $60 FPS when CS:GO is often $5 and can be played on a toaster opening it up to a much larger audience. Newer games that have demanding specs will often die out because a large number on the PC community don't actually have computers that can run newer games. TF2, Dota 2, League and TF2 have the highest player count for games on PC because people who are poor as fuck can still play them.

>>337025962
Blops 3 is fine on PC, but AW died within a month due to poor performance issues and hackers.
>>
>>337021512
Those fucking hips, jesus christ contain my dick.
>>
>>337025312
Can confirm its perfect with the elite controller
>>
>>337019824
>>337020540
Tracer would look better with '80s high tops like this than with those spastic croc-esque things she actually wears.

>Also, 80% of the matches I played on the PS4 were incredibly one-sided because the other team had no idea what they were doing/didn't know the objective

This honestly applies just as much to most matches I've played on the PC.
>>
>>337025924
user base, but that is not what he meant. if so why would he mention titanfall, it died on origin in a month but is still kicking on xbox
>>
>>337024718
whittle out the fans from the casuals though.
>>
>>337026143
>but AW died within a month due to poor performance issues and hackers.
it was mostly hackers and shit matchmaking and poor community management, but as I said, Blops 3 and advance warfare movement system works infinitely better on PC than on console. The games move a hell of a lot faster then they did in the past which suits the PC

also stop avatarfagging you fag
>>
>>337019824
>PC game first and foremost
Of course a PC fag would say this.

I play both equally and I can confirm it is objectively better on console.

Adding to this there will of course be a shit ton of cheaters on PC. (There already are in the beta).

Doesn't help people can lag switch in this game.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and get it on console
>>
>>337024542
That's because PC fags barely have any games to play
>>
>>337026383
lmao if you really think that, or if you really think there's any difference
>>
>>337026569
true I havent bought a PC only game since rome 2 total war.

being a smart consumer though I normally console fag most games then trade them in, then buy them later on PC on a steam sale

fallout 4

>>337026383
i mean the people who are playing the game later this year are the ones who are fans of the game, who didn't just buy it because it was popular then move on to this years cowadoody
>>
>>337019824
>Fps plays different on pc
>>
Hey, I just realized that the beta is open and runs till tomorrow.

I feel like giving Overwatch a fair shot so I can bitch and moan about it properly. Is it fine if I use a fake name for Battle.net?
>>
>>337027031
Nah, they check your name is valid for billing purposes etc. They require photo ID and shit. Blizzard is a bunch of assholes like that.
>>
>>337026293
...what?
That was his entire point.
>>
>>337026860
>being a smart consumer though I normally console fag most games then trade them in, then buy them later on PC on a steam sale

I have been trying to explain this to my friend for years. I hate being stuck with a game for life, even if I got it cheaper on PC. Most times a new release is only $10 cheaper from G2A than it is on console with the Amazon prime discount, and I can always sell that version and make some of that money back. If it turns out to be a game I would want for life like RE4, I'll pick it up for $5 on Steam.
>>
File: 1421882447908.jpg (94 KB, 708x964) Image search: [Google]
1421882447908.jpg
94 KB, 708x964
>>337027168
>require photo ID for billing and shit

What the fuck? I don't want my name associated with an account on which I'm probably going to make tons of ethnic and sexual slurs.

Plus I don't want them to bill me for anything if I'm just playing the beta. If I were to play other games through them not WoW I'd probably get the keys off g2a or cdkeys so I wouldn't have to put any money through the client.

Is Blizzard an NSA front?
>>
>>337027515
It's in order to prevent reselling of accounts as well. They don't want chinese gold sellers to sell accounts with stacks of gold for WOW, all heroes unlocked in HOTS etc.
>>
>>337027236
thats what I been doing most of my adult life, buying games new, completing them and trading them in, then get them again bargain price second hand or cheap on steam now years later when I feel I want to play them again.
some games I keep obviously.

Battlefield and Total War are a day one PC buy for me normally.
every bethesda fallout and TES game (apart from morrowind) I but day one on console, complete them, trade them in and buy them cheap years later when the unofficial patches are near perfect and the mod scene is massive.
>>
>>337019824
>those straps highlighting her underbelly and pussy areas
MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>fps game
>unplayable with a controller

Truly shocking.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.