[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: Bloodbornekeyart.jpg (349 KB, 2288x1205) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbornekeyart.jpg
349 KB, 2288x1205
Let's talk about bloodborne.
>>
Is there a list anywhere of all the stuff to do prior to killing Rom? Also, is there any missable stuff before vicar amelia?
>>
How effective is a shaman bone blade against the shark giants in the bottom of the well? Should I stab the armed one or the unarmed one? Who allowed this sadistic well area?
>>
Hidetaka Schumacher here. Ask me anything
>>
>>337015676
Best game in years.
>>
Sequel when
>>
File: 1459427300363.jpg (15 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
1459427300363.jpg
15 KB, 256x245
>>337015676
Would a Bloodborne MMORPG work?
>>
>>337015676
The blood vial system is garbage, the estus system in dark souls 1 and thankfully dark souls 3 are the only way healing should be handled in any soulsborne game.
>>
>>337015775
Before you kill Gascoigne make sure to talk to Eileen in Central Yharnam, before you kill Rom make sure to help her kill Henryk in Gascoigne's boss room.

Either kill Faux-sefka for the rune before Rom if you want it or wait till after to get a Cord.

Before Amelia make sure to send Arianna to Oedon Chapel if you want her Cord, you won't need it if you get one from Faux-sefka, the Old Abandoned Workshop, and the Wet Nurse.

Things like Alfred's quest line you can do whenever. Adella wont' be in Hypogean Gaol if you go to where she would be after Rom, so get her as early as possible if you want her.

Get the flamesprayer from Gibert in Central Yharnam as soon as you beat Gascoigne so you don't forget, because he turns into a beast post-Rom.
>>
File: 1460148928474.jpg (43 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1460148928474.jpg
43 KB, 570x587
>>337016118
>>
>>337016108
>boss readies attack
>a cacophony of gunshots erupts as everyone fires at the same time to parry
>10-man synchronized visceral attack
Simply ebin
>>
>>337015676

im getting a PS4 next month with bloodborne

whats the weapon thats some kind of very fast dual wield thing?

I saw it once in a webm and it looked really good

plus it was really different(to me) didnt even realize that its BB
>>
>>337016361
>bloodborne is one game mechanic
>>
>>337015848
Get whichever you can but it's better if you get one with higher HP.

Also it doesn't make them lose aggro on you so you need to do it and get the fuck out of there so that they will aggro each other instead of you.
>>
>>337016246
How is he wrong exactly?
>>
File: defiled hotdog lag death.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled hotdog lag death.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>337015676
I love it but god damn man I wish it had dedicated servers. Usually lag isn't too bad but holy fuck this sucked.
>>
>>337016449
You're probably thinking of the Blade of Mercy. It's best for fighting other Hunters and npcs but not so good for large enemies and bosses due to it's short range, lower damage per hit and lack of being able to be buffed.

It's still a great weapon though, but to get its DPS out you need a big opening to let loose a big flurry, but it's really good elsewise.

The other dual wielding weapon is the Rakuyo from the DLC, both are fun weapons.
>>
File: 1462675304386.jpg (145 KB, 500x622) Image search: [Google]
1462675304386.jpg
145 KB, 500x622
>>337016449
Blades of mercy.
>>
>>337016452
It's a joke, you poor sperg.
>>
>>337016548
It's so shit how we're literally in the current year and anybody anywhere still decides to run their games on shitty peer to peer connection any more
>>
>>337016508
Not that anon but an estus healing system wouldn't work with Bloodbornes faster combat. It's not fucking rocket science
>>
File: angery.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
>>337016548
>Summoning on hotdog
Why?
>>
File: 1459102503186.jpg (69 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1459102503186.jpg
69 KB, 800x567
Look at this loser
>>
Is the online for this game active anymore? I'd still like to go back and do the chalice dungeons one of these days
>>
I'm trying an arcane build for the first time. Does the Holy Moonlight Sword scale pretty decently with Arcane? Feels like the Tontrous is the only good thing and it's fragile as fuck
>>
>>337016572
>>337016583

thanks
it was the blade of mercy
>>
>>337016738
>killed her using only parries
Wake up, Gwyn 2.0!
>>
>>337016449
It was likely either the Rakuyo or the Blade of Mercy. Both transform into a dual wielding pair of weapons. The Rakuyo transforms into two different sized sabres and the Blade of Mercy becomes dual knives.

One you get near the end of the DLC which can be completed fairly early in the game although it is difficult to do so as you are underleveled for it. The other you'll get at the end of the game unless you want to say fuck it to an NPC questline and kill her for them right away.

Either way you're gonna wanna do a SKL build.
>>
File: pthumerian descendant death.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pthumerian descendant death.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>337016640
Usually lag isn't bad but when it is bad it's REALLY bad. On that defiled hotdog death I posted, he was warping around for minutes. I knew I was gonna get fucked eventually and had multiple close calls.
>>
>>337016821
Its fallen off with the release of DaS3 but you'll still find people at the tougher bosses and all over the DLC.
>>
>>337016449
Either Rakuyo or Burial Blades, both of which are pretty late game.
>>
>>337016824
Always go cane>saw spear>parasite
Honorable mentions to bolt saif
>>
>>337016654
>Not that anon but an estus healing system wouldn't work with Bloodbornes faster combat. It's not fucking rocket science
Not having to farm healing items is affected by the combat speed how?

I understand what you mean in regards to holding 20 vials but why exactly do you need to farm them? What do you think that adds?
>>
>>337016824
Holy Moonlight Sword is really Quality + Arcane, you need a decent investment in all 3 stats to make the most of it at a PvP level, I saw an anon post a perfect build for it a few months ago on /bbg/ if you're looking to pvp with it

But really if you go more arcane than anything you'll just want to use it's second form by itself, overall it wants you to have a lot of points in several stats to make full use of it
>>
File: 1462305853721.jpg (698 KB, 1289x1407) Image search: [Google]
1462305853721.jpg
698 KB, 1289x1407
Arcane guide courtesy of /bbg/ if anybody needs it
>>
>>337017016
HMS is just fine with 50/25/14 on a bl 98 build
>>
>>337016640
There's a few reasons they did it this way. One is that when you summon someone you don't have to connect to a server, you just start hosting making it more seamless.
>>
>>337016449
Twin blades.

If you kill Eileen you can get it very early in the game. Otherwise you have to complete her quest, which will take a couple bosses.

Honestly, Eileen is a better npc than her weapons are.
>>
>>337016990
if you need to farm for vials you're probably wasting too many echoes by leveling up more than necessary
>>
>>337017123
Couldn't they still be seamless with dedicated servers? If you're playing online then you already connected when you started the game up in the first place right?
>>
>>337015676
Lets talk about roll roll attack
>>
>>337015676
>still making threads about this
>>>/vg/
>>
>>337017241
That's a pretty shitty argument. If it's early in the game and you are stuck on an area/area boss with no/few enemies who drop them you will have to leave and come back a lot which is just annoying. There is no reason for the dying to not just replenish the ones you lost. If you bought a shit load and put them in storage that's what happens anyway just making them another money sink early on in a game that already has tons to spend money on in the beginning of the game and almost nothing to buy by the end.

It's just bad design.
>>
>>337017354
I might be wrong but I believe they did this with DaS1 and it's why in DaS1 you might have trouble playing with a friend, because the game automatically groups people into servers.

I'll stop pretending to understand the complexities of programming an online games though. I just know I've seen people talk about how their unique multiplayer system plays a part in why they decided to do things this way.
>>
>>337017485
Every enemy in the first area drops them and there laying all over the place. A late game blood vial run though Central Yarnham takes 5 minutes.
>>
You have ten (10) seconds to defend Chalice dungeons.
>>
Do you guys think it will run better on the next PS4? I tried the game at a friends house, but it almost made me puke with the low framerate.
>>
File: abhorrent beast darksky.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
abhorrent beast darksky.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337017669
They have good bosses, unique enemies, and provide a good challenge for someone who has already conquered the story mode.
>>
>>337017648
5 minutes that serve no purpose. You aren't making any arguments for what it adds which is what I am asking for. You are only making arguments for why you don't think it takes that much time.

It's bad design dude. You aren't convincing me it's good design this way, if you want to try to tell me what it adds.
>>
>>337017669
They're fun, I just did a cursed Pthumer Ihyll yesterday, if you want to farm them you'll get burnt out but they're a good change of pace and have a chance of getting you rare shit

The one I went through yesterday gave me a decent Arc gem to use and a good Radial, and I found the higher tier Lake rune while I was in there

They're nothing but optional and randomized content, I've had shit CRF dungeons and I've had awesome CRF dungeons
>>
File: defiled amy framerate.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled amy framerate.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337017771
That would require From to patch the game, don't count on it as they won't even fix the frame pacing issues on DS3, a brand new game.
>>
>>337017669
90 percent of the people who hate on them are uneducated dunces who think they are all randomly generated.
>>
>>337017797
RNG blood gems were a mistake.
>>
>>337017771
It's literally just a stable 30 now, the only time it's gotten bad for me in recent playthroughs offline is in the Lecture Hall where there are 30 slime guys at once in one room
>>
>>337017771
It almost never drops frames in offline except in very specific areas.

I get the sneaking suspicion that you are trying to ruse me.
>>
>>337017793
It doesn't add anything. I'm not defending Froms design I also just don't see it as a big deal. If you don't like it fine.
>>
Can I play online without ps+? I need help with bosses but don't think I can summon
>>
>>337018018
>I'm not defending Froms design
That's exactly what you're doing. What else would you call what you are doing if not defending? Lightly encouraging that it's correct? Arguing it's not a big deal is a defense. Not only that it's usually a bad defense.
>>
>>337018236
Enemies shit blood vials at you though, are you just shit?
>>
>>337017485
The problem is there are too many areas where enemies on the route to the boss don't drop vials. If every boss had enemies that guaranteed 2-3 vials somewhere on the most efficient route, the system would be perfect.
>>
How do i beat the fucking hunter in the grand cathedral. I can't git gud anyway too cheese him?
>>
>>337018489
Poison Knives and take him to the stairs at the entrance to the Cathedral where he leashes, it'll give you a lot of breathing room if you can't fight him fair
>>
>>337018474
you're seriously exaggerating the issue. If you have to farm for vials a lot you should start paying attention to a boss's move sets so you don't need to heal 20x.
>>
>>337017861
>not exploiting amy's jump AI move for free headshots all day
>>
>orphan's shitty lightning attack
Why would you do this to me.
I was enjoying the hectic melee combat but then he becomes a ball-slinging magic-using fuck in his final stage. Also what are you supposed to do when he flies all the way up in the air?
>>
>>337017793
>what it adds
The vial system encourages players to kill enemies on the route to a boss. This is important because it breaks up the pacing and gives players who are struggling with a boss a chance to catch their breath and not be on tilt. This also gives the designers the opportunity to ensure players are skilled enough at killing certain enemies (like the fatties early on) that they can design harder and more interesting enemies later on.
>>
File: defiled hotdog co-op.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled hotdog co-op.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>337018692
>hitting the head consistently with the beast claw
yeah right
>>
>>337018474
>>337018337
Again, none of you are saying what it adds compared to an estus like system where they are replenished. If you're only argument is "what are you, bad" then you don't have an argument.
>>
>>337018747
The lightning comes from Kos' corpse, and it aligns itself in a way that a blast always comes to where you're at, so if you know that you can just move 20 feet in one direction and it'll miss, it also leaves him wide open when he uses it.

His jumps up into the air are fairly easy to time dodges for, in fact I bet if you sprint he'll miss you on the way back down.
>>
>>337018236
I would call it not giving a shit but you clearly do and that's fine. No one is gonna convince you otherwise so what do you want?
>>
>>337018914
Okay mr. Debate Club, how about the "argument" for this epic debate is that you get tons of blood vials shit at you to where unless you're DSP you won't need to farm for them ever, and if you get to a hard boss later on that makes you use them all up from so many attempts you shouldn't need to go kill more than a couple enemies for close to 100k blood echoes to buy ten shit tons of them. It's a non issue, or are you just pissed that you aren't guaranteed free heals every spawn :(

Or are you just pissed that isn't dark souls 1 you fuckin hipster
>>
>>337018914
>he doesn't have ~600 vials in his item box
seriously, at this point I'm just going to have to suggest that you git gud because it's not that fucking hard to never run out of vials. Stop leveling up so much and use your echoes on vials after killing shit.
>>
>>337018808
Let me just say that in like 10 replies you have offered the only real argument. Seriously, thank you.

The issue with your theory is that there are plenty of bosses with almost no enemies on the way and many more with a small number of enemies who don't drop vials.

Also I disagree with the second part. When you are frustrated with a boss, the last thing you want is to have to run a huge distance back and dodge/kill tons of enemies. It makes attempting the one thing you are having trouble with a chore as there can be a solid 5 min between attempts depending on the boss.

I concede that may have been a reason why they did it though given they did other things to try and force you to fight enemies like putting your bloodstain inside enemies you died near.

>>337019134
>>337019173
>>337019274
Someone just made a real argument and I responded to it. Get fucked son. He didn't even need to spout memes, use ironic smileys or claim he didn't care despite responding three times. Sorry none of you are smart enough to think of what he did.
>>
>>337018489
beware of blood-addled hunter
therefore long weapon is effective

I used tricked axe and cane to rekt him one strike at a time when he's walking slowly towards me like an edgelord.

don't ever let him get close to you and take care with his pistol
>>
>>337019412
>Let me just say that in like 10 replies you have offered the only real argument. Seriously, thank you
You don't know what an argument is because you just want to be difficult. Faggot.
>>
>>337019412
>I suck at the game and refuse to learn boss movesets, I shouldn't be punished for laziness.
This is yoiu
>>
>>337019569
>>337019671
I asked what it added to the game. I asked people to argue how it made the game better.

All people could say was "Their so easy to farm" "You're bad". Those are not arguments for how farming blood vials makes the game better. Those are arguments for why it's not a big deal. I don't care why you think it's not a big deal, I care why you think it makes the game better.

You both continue to prove you are incapable of offering real arguments by just continuing to insult me. Keep it up, I'm sure it will win you bonus points with From.

You all seem like I am unaware that you can store 600 vials, that they auto restock and farm them with relative ease late in the game which I don't really understand because I addressed that fact in an earlier post. In fact those three things are the crux of my argument, if it's such a non issue what is the point? You both were unable to answer this.
>>
>>337019967
It makes the game better because it teaches you "wow I'm gonna have to waste a lot of time If I don't pay attention to what's happening. I can't just keep running back in without a plan and taking every hit possible."
>>
I kind of agree about the healing items being limited. ONLY flaw I've got. But even then it's fine. BB is great. I'm at the point where I can either proceed through nightmare frontier, or go after the boss in the forbidden forest, which should I do? Nightmare frontier is fucking terrifying, literally the Plateau of Leng.
>>
>>337019967
Go outside you beta faggot, your "arguments" are flawed at the base but you just want to argue so you're never going to listen.

Just consider this a win and go on, I don't think anybody here will be at a loss if you consider this an epic win and leave.
>>
>>337016990
You hold fewer estus, but it heals more and does so with a slower action.
You hold more blood vials, but they heal less and with a faster animation.

One is designed for the slow, methodical, combat of Dark Souls.
The other is designed for the fast-paced, aggressive, approach of Bloodborne.

Stop being dense.
>>
>>337020096
Nightmare frontier allows you grt some chunks to upgrade your weapons a little eariler. It used to be invasion city but the online has kinda died off so it's not to bad.
>>
>>337018554
Killed him thanks senpai
>>
>>337020241

Yeah, I was invaded twice and stomped because I don't know pvp meta. Where is the bell ringing woman? Also that message she sends is stressful as all fuck. This game is great.
>>
>>337020153
Still not an argument as to what farming blood vials adds to the game.
>>
>>337020508
Wow dude you are on a ROLL, keep killin em!
>>
What's the coolest area in the game and why is it the fishing hamlet?
>>
>>337020602
So you're just a shit poster then
>>
>>337020706
but I'm like on your side dude :o
>>
>>337015676
i wish it had one more DLC pack

chalices are not a good substitute for a longer main game
>>
Why the fuck do the dogs damage me so much?
>>
>>337017669
They're fun and I wish they were in DS3. Bloody palace was a great addition to DMC for the same reason these are great.

When you make a fun combat system I want as many places to try that system out as possible.
>>
>>337020748
>we could've had more great DLC
>instead from focuses on trash-ass Dark Souls 3
At least that series is finally dead now.
>>
>>337020816
They do that in every game
>>
File: 1462399402807.png (301 KB, 825x612) Image search: [Google]
1462399402807.png
301 KB, 825x612
>actually wanting unpunishable sippies instead of delicious visceral-bait vials

Estusfags are shitters
>>
>>337020967
Seriously what is up with it it's even worse in DaS3
>>
It always looks so fun but when I go back to it, it isn't
>>
File: 1450425147006.jpg (202 KB, 1247x1920) Image search: [Google]
1450425147006.jpg
202 KB, 1247x1920
This town's finished
>>
>>337021560
What did he mean by this?
>>
So I'm working through chalices, I kinda dig it, there's a kind of Diablo sequel quality to them.
I've got to lower pthumeru and the first hintertomb chalice, are there any must do glyphs/dungeons this early? I've seen you guys say there's some great runes and gems and shit in some of these.
>>
>>337017485
The vials are better than estus in my opinion, they encourage exploration and make the game flow more fluid because they are bith droooed by enemies and laying around as loot.
In bloodborne, as long as you're decent at the game, you can keep going forward without ever having to go back to the hunter's dream to restock, meanwhile you're forced to eventually rest at a bonfire in dark souls once you run out of estus, and that forces a more cautious approach that clashes with bloodborne's gameplay design. Exploring usually nets you more vials than what how many you'd use getting to them.
Fromsoft realized this and added random estus refills for killing enemies, but it's still a pain early game when you want to keep progressing but you're out of estus and are forced to backtrack to the bonfire for another try.
>>
>>337021597
Hating the chalices is just a meme.
>>
File: bb2.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
bb2.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>337017669
You can't, because they're shit.

Also

I can't shake the feeling that this game feels like a bland Dark Souls ripoff despite being made by the same company.
>>
>>337021763
>not using the integrated screenshot button
The opinion of someone with less than 90IQ is not relevant.
>>
>>337021596
He is actually saying "This town's Finnish"

It's Miyazaki's subtle way of telling the player where yharnam is located.
>>
>>337021883
You can't take a screenshot of the UI.
>>
File: no mercy for birds.jpg (190 KB, 1416x1364) Image search: [Google]
no mercy for birds.jpg
190 KB, 1416x1364
What was the enemy that suprised you the most in Bloodborne? By that I mean didn't expect to die to it, or got spooked from it

For me it was the birds in Yharnam in that area where you could summon Gascoigne. It was my first time playing a Souls game, walked up to them because I thought they were dead. Didn't expect to be stunraped.
>>
>>337016106
hopefully for the game's sake it will never happen
>>
>>337021883
You can't screenshot the UI, #4thepayers doesn't get a print screen button, sorry bub
>>
File: 1450421272500.png (326 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450421272500.png
326 KB, 500x500
Ahh~ Kos or some say Kosm
>>
>>337022120
what a shame
>>
File: 20151125084148.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151125084148.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337021950
Yes you can

you cannot take screenshots of the interface on Xbone
>>
>>337021763
More of an improvement in every regard rather than a ripoff. It throws boring shit like slow shield combat and ranged/magic combat to the side while focusing on melee combat, which is actually fun and satisfying. Dark Souls is the one that feels bland.
>>
>>337021950
>>337022120
Have you ever even used the PS4?

>>337022235
>>
>>337021950
>>337022120
But you can though
>>
How do one-time items from chalice coffins work? Is it like, once per character, or once per dungeon/user's dungeon? I'm finding a ton of mad mans knowledge in my coffins, and I read that means I'm getting one time drops I already have, or do I just have rubbish luck?
>>
>>337022802
I think things like the marriage ring thing you will only ever find once, and if there's a guaranteed rock in a chest (never happened to me, just heard it's possible) then I think it's locked to once per playthrough, like if you make a dungeon glyph that guaranteed has a rock in a chest, then you have to complete that playthrough before it'll have it again I think.

I might be wrong.
>>
>>337022235
>>337022324
SDF in full force today
>>
>>337022802
Those are runes/unique weapons you already have and are dropped once per character.
>>
>>337022958
So I'm part of the SDF because I'm demonstrating that you can in fact take screenshots of the UI?
>>
Is the online dead?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160504233809.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160504233809.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>337023161
So-so, I haven't been invaded in nightmare frontier or mensis for awhile but I still find people to help in the chalice dungeons constantly.
>>
I think that discussing the healing system is extremely interesting. The one anon is right, the blood vial system isn't good design (necessarily)

But would the estus system work in this game? Probably not.

In the estus system you are given 5 flasks (you can upgrade to 10, or 15, etc) and are expected to make it from the bonfire to the boss using as little estus as possible and also be able to beat the boss using your remaining estus. Basically estus is your total potential mistakes you can make. In order to work in this system players should always feel like the mistakes they make are their own then. So enemies usually are slow and players often play tactically — waiting for the enemy to attack, then counter-attacking. Or circle-strafing and backstabbing (trivializing the game). In th estus system fighting mobs of enemies sucked, usually enemies attack patterns wouldn't line up or it would be difficult to find openings where you could safely attack (see dks2)

In Bloodborne your expected to play aggressively. This is why the rally system is in place. Riskier play is rewards.Enemies are faster, there are mobs of them. If you are locked on you side-step instead of roll. There are no shields (okay there is one shield but its a joke) Backstabs are more difficult to pull off.

Would an estus system really work here? You are expected to take a good amount of damage between lanterns and fog doors in bloodborne, unlike in dark souls. There needs to be some way of replenishing vials in between because players will make mistakes. This is why the vial system works in some way.

I wonder if starting the player with 10 vials each time they used a lantern and letting them collect vials from enemy drops (capping off at 20, putting the rest in storage and the player gets them back after) would work.
>>
>>337016118
End this meme, if you want vials/potions you have to get them like in all the fucking rpg games. It also pushes you to use the regain health system.

Estus flasks is a noob movement and has no sense. What are they? Why do they resupply each time you get killed?
>>
>>337016714
>he didn't fight hotdog in the defiled chalice
>>
>>337022958
You are so butthurt that you are blaming people for pointing out what a dense motherfucker you are you fucking cuck.
>>
File: images.png (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9 KB, 205x246
This is my favorite game. It's got the greatest atmosphere, lore, and art design.

I just love it so much ;_;
>>
File: defiled hotdog a call beyond.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled hotdog a call beyond.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337016714
I am the co-operator, I beat all of the chalice dungeons multiple times solo. I join beckoners to farm insight, blood stone chunks, and blood rocks.
>>
>>337021950
>>337022120
>>337022958
lmao retards can't even shitpost right
>>
IT IS ALL THANKS TO COOPERATOR
>>
Can you use fire or bolt paper on the Rakuyo? Bit of a piss off that you can't with the Blades of Mercy.
>>
File: BloodborneTMsilly%20times.webm (3 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneTMsilly%20times.webm
3 MB, 1024x768
>>337023648
>not murdering host for insight
>>
AH
YOU WERE AT MY SIDE ALL ALONG
>>
>>337024025
You can't buff weapons with innate elemental damage (burial blade, BoM, Boomhammer, MLHS).
Rakuyo is pure physical so you can buff it
>>
>>337024025
You should be able to, the only reason you can't buff the Blade of Mercy is because it has some small arcane damage on it, and Rakuyo doesn't
>>
>>337023660
>>337023556

Sorry to have upset you guys, I thought we were discussing our opinions on Blunderborne
>>
>>337024276
>>337024297
Excellent. Thanks.
>>
File: blunder.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
blunder.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>337024309
forgot pic lol
>>
>>337016118
t. lazy underage redditor

might as well give you regenerating health baseline you casual little cuckerino.
>>
File: 1449065001651.gif (681 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449065001651.gif
681 KB, 800x800
>>337017102
you are godsend
>>
>>337024107
I'm not even sure if oaths matter in the chalice dungeons. It would be kind of funny to kill a person but I usually use milkweed or beast's embrace
>>
>>337022307
More like throws variety out of the window.
>>
File: 7982271.jpg (60 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
7982271.jpg
60 KB, 479x492
>>337022958
>be wrong
>get proven wrong
>omfg fuk off sdf sonyggers nigger nigger nigger!

Literally 12 years old.
>>
>>337022926
>>337022980

Got it. Is there a list of these one time items, so I know I can move on to the next chalice type if I've gotten them all?
>>
File: 1406137260064.png (495 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
1406137260064.png
495 KB, 800x602
>>337021763
>34%
>>
Laurence is the hardest boss in BB

prove me wrong

Kos comes at a very close second
>>
>>337025232
I don't think I can
>>
File: GO GO GOOD HUNTER.png (778 KB, 1352x1295) Image search: [Google]
GO GO GOOD HUNTER.png
778 KB, 1352x1295
The Doll believes in you
>>
Just recently started playing but why is scaling so shit? I wanted to go dex with threaded cane but it barely gets damage boost from dex despite B-scale.
>>
File: 1434959037640.png (134 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
1434959037640.png
134 KB, 317x392
>>337025232
>tfw I died like 5 times to Living Anons
>beat Laurence first go
>>
File: good job anon.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
good job anon.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>337022958
Nice edge there shadow the hedgehog. Inbred children like you are the reason this board is dying.
>>
>>337025360
Scaling rises with weapon upgrade level a lot.
Once you get the cane to a respectable level, the scaling Ar will easily be higher than the base AR. Don't bother leveling anything but VIT until you get your weapon to +6.
>>
>>337024535
you are a colossal douche for taking time to post this
>>
>>337022958
>>337024309
>>337024535
This is just sad.
>>
>>337020202
You didn't address this guy's question at all. He wasn't concerned about how it heals he was asking why he should farm it, YOU dense motherfucker.
>>
>>337025397
how? admittedly I died once to the Living Failures but after that it was just a chore

not only is getting to Laurence an issue (depending on the build), but fighting him was a nightmare. the first phase is a tankier cleric beast, which isn't too bad, but the second phase gives little breathing room
>>
Is there any repercussion for eating madman knowledge? You don't lose insight at death like humanity, so I've just been chugging all those things I found. Was this a bad idea?
>>
>>337025397
Same died to the fuckers 4 times beat laurence the first time.
>>
>>337025807
i just kept getting fucked over by poor awareness in failures, with laurence all I really remember is cleric beast first form, then just circling around him attacking his side while he turned.

got hit by his lava spew once then just stuck to his side and was pretty easy
>>
>>337025930
Have you been to upper cathedral ward?
>>
File: bloodborne vs darksouls.png (386 KB, 1090x362) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne vs darksouls.png
386 KB, 1090x362
>>337015676
daily reminder
>>
>>337026090
>daily reminder that PKeks vote on /v/ polls
you don't say
>>
>>337025930
having high insight makes the game harder in some areas and can make some of the later bosses, or at least one of them, much harder. You can spend them to get rid of them though, you can by Chunks for 20 each at one point, and after the Wet Nurse you can buy blood rocks for 60 each.
>>
>>337026090
>3 games
>First to release on pc
>Is series
>Definitive Souls game for normies
>Strawpoll
>After a year still %43 percent
You tried anon :^)
>>
>>337017861
>framerate problems
>ps4

consoles
>>
>>337026090
Well DaS3 is out on 2 other platforms, and Sony games are pretty much unanimously shit on here so it's not really surprising. The only surprising part is that BB still managed to score that high.
>>
>>337020816
Just shoot them

They go down in a single shot
>>
>>337026090
Daily reminder that less than 50% of /dsg/ (fanatics of these series) have played Bloodborne and 70% are PC players. You can imagine that these percentages would skew more in favor to less people playing Bloodborne on /v/. This strawpoll is meaningless
>>
>>337015676
I don't know if we should. Isn't Lady Maria sleeping?
>>
>>337026090
pc only userbase is the vast majority of /v/ and yet bloodborne still got 43%

get some perspective there m8
>>
File: 1461245797690.jpg (165 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1461245797690.jpg
165 KB, 800x567
>>337026374
>>
>>337026228
ds 1,2, and 3 are on PC
>finding blood vitals everywhere
ooh that's hard

>>337026176
>this shill thread
the game won't get any dlc or freecontent but people still shill this game hard.
play demon souls where it is 5x as harder than this game
back to /vg/ people
>>
For anybody who wants to do a PURE arcane build, do it. Just level up arcane and health. You'll rekts dick left and right. And I haven't even got the kos parasite for this build yet. Rocking a flaming saw spear currently and it works great.
>>
>>337022120
>>337022958
>>337024309
>>337024535
>>337026090
>>337026557
What is your point with these posts my pcfriend?
>>
>>337026176
>>337026228
>>337026272
>>337026362
>>337026380
>>337026750
>this damage control
my sides
>>
>>337026514
Go back to sleep, parrybait.
>>
>>337025514
Eh, I don't really care. I've tried to be rational in talking about bloodborne's flaws but people on here always respond with "hurr durr post ps4 timestamp and trophy list pcccucklol " it's just easier to shit post about it now.
>>
>>337026557
Dark Souls 3 is going to get free content? What about Dark Souls 2?

and lol @ Demon's Souls being 5x harder
>>
LOL at this post
>>
Everytime there is a fucking thread about bloodborne we have this fucking consolewar. I am so fucking sick of neo /v/ and its fanboy fucking normies.
>>
>>337026067
Don't think so, I've killed Amelia and am now in the woods full of snakey things and a few ayy lmaos.
>>
>>337026837
Oh you surely did try.All you did in this thread was shitposting and nothing else.
>>
In terms of world design, is BB closer to DaS than DaS3?
>>
>>337027047
Don't use them anymore. You will lose a lot on there.
>>
>>337027136
I'd say DaS3 and BB are close, but neither are close to DaS, sadly
>>
>>337027267
Is it at least better than DaS2?
>>
File: deaf.png (10 KB, 424x255) Image search: [Google]
deaf.png
10 KB, 424x255
>>337026750
Wew lad, that damage control

bloodborne fags are the worst desu
>>
>>337017669
i like them and its the best way to grind in any souls game.
>>
Absolutely love the game, the lore, the atmosphere, the mechanics.
See you in nighmare friontier, be sure not to level past 70-80.
>>
Anyone know what the fuck is this inspect bath thing at Yahar'gul?
>>337026090
Fuck off. All 3 DS games were released on PC and also were the first souls game ever to release on pc.
And majority of the Souls fanbase are PC players who never played bloodborne.
43% is really fucking high for that
>>
>>337025660
simple, you dont need to farm it if you dont suck like a 14 year old with paritial paralysis
>>
>>337027871
It teleports you really close to the boss, it's an easy way to move through the level so you don't have to fight the caskets and it takes you directly to one of the bell maidens
>>
File: 1437541927643.jpg (432 KB, 887x900) Image search: [Google]
1437541927643.jpg
432 KB, 887x900
>>337027267
>tfw you're the only one on the planet who thinks that DaS1's level design suffers from all the inter-connectivity shit and actually prefers the more linear designs of DeS/DaS2/BB/DaS3
>>
>>337024535
I've never seen such autism and shit taste in one poster
>>
>>337018747
or just run down to water like a normal person would, you have one square mile of runnable water that dont get zapped
>>
>>337027380
Personally, I think that From threw out the idea of good world design when you got the lordvessel in DaS1. DaS2, 3, and Bloodborne all have fast travel from the very beginning and Bloodborne and DaS3 basically have the nexus from DeS. DaS1 did it the best by unlocking shortcuts to firelink in ways that were a-ha moments like the elevator in undead parish or th e sewer key. I don't think they focus on this design anymore.
>>
>>337017669
Extra content for those who are done with main quest bosses, side locations and bosses, and dont want to search individual locations for co-op or pvp play?
Its a part of the lore? Its the source or the quarantine area?
For retards above who cant manage their vials for easy souls?
Or maybe for sick gems that makes your weapon OP?
>>
>>337027267
Literally the only thing DaS does better than DaS3 and BB is how connected the world is, and BB came pretty close to it but was just like a 3rd smaller overall.
>>
>>337029396
the only disconnected part is the nightmare frontier, have any ideas on why and how?
>>
>>337029569
Because it's a nightmare and not a tangible physical area on the same realm of existence as the rest of the world?
>>
>>337029691
and how does that go with the rest of the nighmare? its obviousy somehow connected to the rest of the world, since you fight [amygdala] there
>>
>>337029998
Why does Amygdala being there mean the nightmare has to be in the same realm of existence as the real world?

It's the same sort of thing as Hunter's Dream, it's not physical.
>>
File: 1451439925156.png (352 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451439925156.png
352 KB, 500x375
>>337015676
Can someone please help me with Orphan of Kos NG+5? Waiting in the hut, here's the password. 123456
>>
I just beat the game, is it better to play new game plus or should I just start a new character?
>>
>>337018489
I cheesed him with the ebrietas hand thing, just get him into a corner and spam the shit out it, he won't be able to heal or do anything since the hand does a knock back
>>
File: 1459218242957.gif (591 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459218242957.gif
591 KB, 500x281
>>337028254
I agree anon. DeS is very linear, but this means there's no interconnection that has to be forced, and you can still tackle the "levels" in a non linear way. I havent played DaS2, but BB and DaS3 have nice semi-linear worlds with an understandable setup, while DaS was a mess. People bitch about warping just being given to you past DaS1, but clearly it allowed them to make better worlds instead of having every section of the game connected by elevators and back doors.
>>
>>337034073
Try a few NG+ playthroughs and try new characters if you don't want to level up to use several things on one character, but BB happens to have the best level up scaling of the 5, on NG+ you get pletny of echoes even for leveling up easily just from beating an area and a boss at level 350 when you need a million echoes per level
>>
>>337020930
fuck you DKS3 is great
>>
Why do people hate the holy blade? It's a great weapon.
>>
File: The First Hunter.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The First Hunter.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
What in your opinion was the best moment in the game? The moment that sticks with you, the one you remember when you think of Bloodborne? Pic related for me.
>>
>>337023526
>what are they
Literally heat from a bonfire possibly mixed with some other shit
>>
File: 1445998243046.png (218 KB, 800x590) Image search: [Google]
1445998243046.png
218 KB, 800x590
I think Bloodborne is one of the best games ever made...

But you can't get that feeling in one run...

The game is made so you enjoy to the fullest in a 3 runs Game.

You need more insight to apreciate this gem
>>
>>337034997
oh yeah, this is a funny strat with humanoid enemies. webm coming in a sec
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151010210112.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151010210112.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337036646
>>
>>337034997
>>337037383
>>
i'm replaying DaSI on PC for the first time with DSfix. the 60fps is a dream come true

i really wanted to play BB again so i did, and wondered if i could handle the frame rate after DSfix. i know BB is locked at 30fps -- and dips lower -- but BB still looks and plays pretty well compared to DaSI (without DSfix) that looks a lot more choppy

why is this? is it because BB is newer? but if it's newer, it means it's more graphics-intense. can someone explain?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160121032429.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160121032429.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160102155935.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160102155935.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160203034726.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160203034726.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160131150819.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160131150819.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160203032304.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160203032304.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160117192232.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160117192232.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I noticed you can see Byrgenwerth from the windmill with the beast guy in it
>>
>>337018489
let him activate Chikage, then run away out the door and cut off his leash range.

he'll keep it on and slowly kill himself
>>
File: iVuICkR.webm (538 KB, 726x500) Image search: [Google]
iVuICkR.webm
538 KB, 726x500
gonna get the dlc soon, what level should i be?
>>
>>337017485
don't even bother arguing with these blooddrones.

You'll get nothing but replies that consist of 'you're bad that you needed to use all your vials!'

I like the game alot, but the vial system is unnecessarily tedious before you get to a point where one monster will give you 20 vials worth of souls per kill.
>>
>>337034997
Lure him down the stairs so he can't move around as much.
Bait him into tranforming his Chikage and walk away from him slowly and he'll drain his own health, use his heal, then do it again. He'll stop using the Chikage transform eventually (like 50% health after he uses his vial) so when you need to finish him pull him to the cathedral doors and attack him through the door with a weapon with good reach. He won't move past the doors and it blocks his OP gun.

It takes a while but its cheesy as fuck and easy.
>>
>>337017669
They're extra, optional content.

The main game is finished, lengthy, fun, and full of content. The Chalice dungeons are solely extra content and levels, with unique bosses that aren't even badly designed until you get into the random ones.
>>
>>337039042
Doesn't matter so long as you're not low and have a +9 or 10 weapon
>>
>>337039120
>being so butthurt that you reply to your own post pretending to share the same shitty opinion as another user
>>
>>337036646

Being called a Plague Ridden Rat.

I knew I'd enjoy the game the moment that happened.
>>
>>337016872

fuck this boss. this guy and abhorrent beast
>>
>>337017485
>If it's early in the game and you are stuck on an area/area boss

git gud
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160203023539.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160203023539.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>337039346
kool, im using a tonitrus and ludwig holy blade, will those weapons be good enough for dlc?
>>
>>337039697
It's pretty hard, Ludwig's will probably work best for you depending on your stats
>>
>>337016106
Not necessary. We even got a pretty meaty expansion out of the whole thing.
Wanting a sequel to everything and running it into the ground is a very American thing to do.
Just look at the difference between the British Office and the American Office.
>>
>>337039567
Abhorrent is easy just dodge to the left and hug hi./
>>
File: 1433652242517.jpg (24 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
1433652242517.jpg
24 KB, 1333x900
STOP WAKING UP LADY MARIA! SHE NEEDS HER NAP TIME!!!!!!!!
>>
>>337017669
They have the best non DLC bosses of the game: the Undead Giants and the Watchdog.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160131215811.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160131215811.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160131015824.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160131015824.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
>>337037372
i also, unironically, feel this way about BB as well
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160131002552.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160131002552.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
>>
You guys think we will ever get an Bloodborne 2. If so what do you think the setting will be?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160123032650.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160123032650.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>337040514
I think Sony wants another From game on PS4 but I don't expect it to be BB2.
>>
File: nyfdyi.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nyfdyi.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
>>337040514
nah were probably not getting bloodborne 2. But we might get a sci fi souls. I hope its a bit like dead space in terms of atmosphere
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160122020542.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160122020542.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
>>337040514
as much as i want more BB, i would prefer it if they left it alone
>>
File: 1459338478161.jpg (73 KB, 320x341) Image search: [Google]
1459338478161.jpg
73 KB, 320x341
>>337040514
Tfw there will never be an Ottomanesque Bloodborne 2
>>
>>337040514

A mix between the American Frontier and Transylvania taking place in the far future.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160120020247.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160120020247.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>337040514
Wild west would be good.
>>
Hi guys Hidetaka here. So do you really want a Bloodborne 2?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160119223545.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160119223545.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: QWXLTej.jpg (307 KB, 640x599) Image search: [Google]
QWXLTej.jpg
307 KB, 640x599
>>337041184
nah, we want more original ideas instead of a rehash
>>
>>337036646
Beating Gascoigne the first time.

The only other boss that game me the same feeling was the Defiled Watchdog.
>>
>>337040684
>sci fi souls
Keep clinging to this meme, retard
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.