[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>runes >masteries >flash >shit engine, shit client,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 31
File: league.jpg (77 KB, 645x574) Image search: [Google]
league.jpg
77 KB, 645x574
>runes
>masteries
>flash
>shit engine, shit client, bugs, outdated

>>>it's the most popular game in the world

This is what being a 'gamer' is folks.
>>
>>336951231
Just a PC gamer.
>>
>>336951231

>No more annoying leavers

So I have to be stuck with those annoying tryhards?

Pass
>>
File: huh.jpg (160 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
160 KB, 2000x2000
>>336951231
>Flash
I can understand everything else but what the fuck is wrong with flash?
>>
>>336951231
relax nigga, it's dying down and will be gone soon

besides, this shit isn't going to affect your life whats the big deal
>>
>>336951231
>you can literally get banned for saying 'gg'
>new champions are always OP, after 2 weeks they get nerfed
>still no pause
>still no voice chat
>>
>>336953401
get out of jail free card

dissuades people from trying because they'll just flash away

people play even more super safe when it's down because there's little risk in actually hitting a minion

whole game uses flash, in fact the whole game is practically designed around it at this point, gotta have flash.

lol just flash away
>>
>>336951231
Didn't they update the engine about a year ago?
>>
I agree, it needs refreshment on a deep level
still, they do good job at maintaining the game
fun is still there
>>
>>336951231
>totally imba

Do people say this unironically? Like if someone chooses a character or whatever that they can't win against, they go, "wow that match was so totes imba"?

Jesus.
>>
>>336953543
You can literally get banned for saying "gg ez" which is retarded in its own right. I don't think anybody does this just once and gets banned.

Regardless, the whole banning people for shit talking is lame.

I'm fine with the game not having voice chat tho desu
>>
File: 1436860605615.jpg (236 KB, 691x625) Image search: [Google]
1436860605615.jpg
236 KB, 691x625
>>336951231
LoL is so boring.
MOBAs in general are passive, but LoL takes the cake.
>items do nothing but make you tankier, barely skill items
>lol innate blink for shitters
>fights are slow as shit
>surrender option
>comebacks are literally impossible due to lack of vital item shift like a blink dagger on a tidehunter, team with lead will win 95% of the time
>gotta BUY the characters
Shit game.
>>
>>336953597
b-but what about heros with no mobility!
>>
>>336953597
Doesnt HoN and DotA have a flash item, except it has a shorter cooldown and longer range?

It can't be used in combat, sure, but you'd see people coming towards you in time to blink away.
>>
>>336953401
Instead of balancing it or making other skills better they decided to develop the game around having flash as a core summoner spell.

There is literally no reason not to have flash and pace of the game is literally dictated on whether or not you have it up.
>>
>>336953712
man, imba was a term from maybe 2005? that's the term we threw around back in dota all-stars days on battlenet

I think they're either showing their age or were trying to do a little call-back to the old dota players
>>
File: 1460444969467.png (52 KB, 637x786) Image search: [Google]
1460444969467.png
52 KB, 637x786
>>336953828
If you get hit it triggers a 3 second CD where you cant use it. Using a blink dagger to escape only works if you stun them to get away.
Also the Blink dagger is super expensive and gives no stats. It's a major investment that should only be used for initiators.
>>
>>336953597
Without flash, many champs would just become useless and it would just be everyone using dashes.
>>
>>336953828
It also costs 2250 and an item slot for no stats.
>>
>>336953918
I've never heard of it, but then, I'm one of the few people to have never played a MOBA in any shape or form, nor can I understand their appeal.

But if it spawned a retarded term like "imba", then I'll continue along my merry way of not giving it any attention.
>>
>>336953913
Flash isn't always used. There are a lot of champs that take ghost or sometimes even tp/ignite.
Flash has a 5 minutes cooldown. Thats a long time to create an advantage over a champ with no mobility.
>>
>>336951231
>mfw got perma baned for toxicity
>mfw made a troll account
>mfw I built full attack speed runes and fervor stack masteries
>mfw My entire strategy is literally attack speed
>mfw I'm more toxic than ever b4 but nothing happens cuz i press enter less than 15 times in chat
>mfw I make the newbs scream everygame
>mfw I talk all the smack I want ut don't curse so riot's report system doesnt notice me saying retard, and autism, rekt
>mfw I can triple kill in the first 4 minutes by camping at enemy jungle buff
>mfw I say "GG EZ rekt" in all chat right after
This is the only reason I still play League
>>
>game has been in development for 8 years
>constant updates
>has only delivered on 1 of those points

people need to realize that riot game(s) is an advertising company, not a video game company
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-24-20-28-00.png (308 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-24-20-28-00.png
308 KB, 1080x1920
>playing a game for 30 min or up to an hour straight
>if you leave said game you get penalized
THIS is what's really wrong with MOBAs
>>
File: 1393852660719.png (115 KB, 960x1120) Image search: [Google]
1393852660719.png
115 KB, 960x1120
>>336953662
no. They cant do anything with the engine anymore except tweek the graphics a little. The original plan was around the time ez came out, them slowing down just a little so they could finish the custom engine they where working on and launch it with all skins/camps working, but their chineese overlords decided that slowing down champs/skins wasnt good for their bottom line, so they were told to actually make heroes/skins faster.

Hell, up until season 4ish, all the spells were invisible creeps who moved at the animations speed. Roots/stuns where circles of invis creeps, which is what held you "in place" The engine has loooong since been at its limit and they cant actually do anything new with it anymore, which is why morello hates working at riot, on the engine, and with LoL in general, and hates that the game has because a power creep due to limitations and wants to do more dota like characters
>>
>just played a game as timbersaw
>offlane dire against a solo crystal maiden
>ok.png
>3 kills later sniper comes out of jungle to gank
>free money
>zipping in and out of fights, shitting saw blades and chains everywhere
>turn around a comeback from enemy as our zeus wants to give up
>aghs, octarine, shiva and scythe
>mowing down creeps like it's a US school
>no forest is safe

Are there any heroes as fun as Timbersaw?
>>
>>336954509
Invoker.
>get farmed and to lategame
>can counter literally anything in the game
Fun.
>>
>>336951934
You don't understand, back then all we had was WC3 Dota (or garena if you were a faggot). LoL, HoN and the likes all advertising their "revolutionary" features like reconnecting and leaver protections.
>>
File: 400350000.jpg (16 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
400350000.jpg
16 KB, 367x388
>>336951231
D
O
T
A
>>
>>336954621
We were against an Invoker who had less effect than the Jakiro.
Granted, I am pretty far down the trench.
>>
>>336954291
no, what's wrong with mobas is that strict adherence to the meta is pretty much required to win.
>>
>>336953828
There's the Blink Dagger and then there's Force Staff which is basically Flash but it's a very fast dash and can be used on allies or enemies. Also gives some stats unlike Dagger, supports build this item almost every game if they're not totally buttfucked and can afford only wards
>>
>>336951231
I actually play League at a competitive level and also have an IQ in the 90th percentile, neither of which people on /v/ have. So let me take some time out of my day and explain why you, Anon, are wrong in every regard.

First off you haven't even presented an argument! Good job, Anon!

>Runes
Riot is phasing them out slowly, they just made T2 runes as close to free as possible.

>Masteries
Are a good thing. These, combined with runes and summoner spells make every hero viable in pretty much any role or way you want to play them.

>Outdated
Client update soon, and the engine is better than source in terms of performance and graphics

>Bugs
Not really

>Flash
Do you honestly think League would benefit from making it slower? The whole point of the game from the start was to be a faster version of Dota and over the years they've finally started to step up their game to the point where I can say that it's objectively on par with Dota2, and deserves it's spot as the most popular game.

Just retards hating on "normie" shit, what else is new :^)
>>
>>336953597

That's why every champ they make now have fifteen dashes built in. You ever see plays where it starts in the jungle and after full field leaps into a lane then it keeps going into the jungle.

All mobas keep making characters with fifteen dashes and it's pretty unfun.
>>
>>336955503
Flash doesn't make the game faster.
>>
>>336955503
If riot got ride of runes entirely i would start playing LoL again.
>>
>>336955608
mobility creep is real
>>
>>336955503
>>Bugs
>Not really
A tournament game had to be restarted yesterday due to a bug.
>>
>no leaving
How is this a feature?
I'll pass on any game that does this.
>>
>>336955636
>>336955650
>>336955781
>answering to bait
>>
>>336955503
>no hero role specialization
It's shit. LoL will always be shit.
>>
>>336955840

You can leave, but you'll be heavily penalized if you do that
>>
>>336953828
You have to buy it, it takes up an item slot so you are spending a good chunk of gold on not being full build and you can't use it after you get hit, people see the guy with blink dagger and stun lock you too, it's practically a global taunt
>>
>>336955840
They don't leave because they just straight up surrender.
>>
>>336955840
Again, you have to remember when this was made. Back when only WC3 DotA existed.
Leavers were a huge problem in DotA because they ruin games. Leavers should be penalized to some degree.

I think HoN had the best anti-leaver system. It kept frequent leavers out of games, but allowed normal players to leave a game on occasion when something came up or it was just a terrible match.
>>
>totally imba matches
This was never fixed
>>
>>336956154
>Leavers were a huge problem in DotA because they ruin games
Maybe if people are leaving your game, it's actually just a shit game.
>>
>>336955636
Being able to instantly teleport a short distance doesn't make the game faster? Why not?

It allows for more options and plays, thereby increasing the opportunity for attacks and subsequently victory for each team.

>>336955650
Soon

>>336955724
They're trying to fix that

>remove boot enchantments
>add dragon that gives movement speed
>give +5 speed to boots
>add dash item for mages

>>336955781
Bugs happen in Dota all the time, and due to that they never restart matches because of them
Riot has the luxury of doing so because they're so uncommon

>>336955956
>>bait
epic
>>
>>336955503
online iq test I'm sure
>>
>>336956306
Most leave due to rage quits or emergencies. I agree, 30+ minute games are a commitment.
>>
File: y4HuN4c.jpg (78 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
y4HuN4c.jpg
78 KB, 500x295
>>336954759
What are you going on about,
>>
>>336951231
Oh no! People are having fun!
You sure showed these kids OP.
Well memed brother.
>>
>>336956568
Not an argument
>>
>>336956457
You seem like you know what your talking about. How did you come across these conclusions? I'm usually keen on behind the scenes and game development but never noticed Riot potentially phasing out gameplay features.
>>
>>336954291
This is pretty much why I actually liked Heroes of the Storm despite everyone hating it

Matches are usually fast and there's at least different objectives each game
>>
>>336955503
>make every hero viable in pretty much
Right.
>>
>>336956457
>but dota
>>
File: hots map.png (109 KB, 1188x454) Image search: [Google]
hots map.png
109 KB, 1188x454
>>336954291
not all mobas
>>
I quit playing LoL 5 years ago, the game just got to be the most repetative boring shit and I could manhandle any other player. Runes and Masteries are total faggot shit though and rewards autistics who pour their lives into the game. I only like to play trundle because I got to be a literally troll and chase enemy tanks 2 towers deep kill them then fuck off with no consequence because he is unkillable. Also its full of shitty highschool kids so there was zero satisfaction in winning.
>>
File: LoL the webm.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LoL the webm.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336956457
refer to >>336953597

Flash doesn't make a game faster, it literally cancels the possibility of a kill.

>>336956457
Making T2 cheaper - a rune NO ONE USED, doesn't stop people from using runes or removes them.

>>336956457
>adding a dash item and +5 speed to boots is 'removing mobility creep'

Bugs happen LESS in Dota and Dota had a feature which allows you to remake matches thanks to replays system which was removed from Reborn. Riot has the luxury because they don't give a fuck, like Gragas being disabled during Worlds because of a gamebreaking bug equating to the need of not banning him when he was a top pick.

Also this is what League's bug report system looks like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4ht2w2/patch_69_bug_megathread/

Meanwhile in Dota I could load up demo mode and completely 100% reproduce any known bug without having to be in a real game because I have a sandbox and combat log that records all information.
>>
>>336956457
>Bugs happen in Dota all the time, and due to that they never restart matches because of them
Bugs rarely happen and if they do they don't need to restart matches since they can literally rewind the match to a point before the bug occurred.
>>
>>336957395
Also known gamebreaking bugs are fixed within 24 hours. Earning Valve the admiration of the Dota community for at least caring in some way.
>>
>>336956808
Every recent update has been geared towards streamlining the game and trying to appeal to the main criticisms that they've received over the years.

This year they've:
Made T2 runes 1IP
Halved exp to 30
Added loot drops and crafting
Added rotating game modes
Released some of the most well designed heroes and made some of the best balance changes so far

Last year they completely remade the map into something that doesn't look 20 years old, and continue to update old content. Also the new mastery trees as well.

Along with that a new client is coming and trading has been rumored

Whoever they hired obviously knows what they're doing

>>336956978
t. bronzie

>>336957123
I love Dota but it's hard to switch between the two games due to huge mechanical differences (mainly turn rate)

I enjoy League simply because of the art style and how much faster it is though

Also the streamers are memers and not mainly slavs/saddramaboys
>>
File: truelove.jpg (107 KB, 779x1025) Image search: [Google]
truelove.jpg
107 KB, 779x1025
>>336957596
>also the streamers are memers
Alright, so you're just underage
>>
File: people will defend this.png (2 MB, 1284x720) Image search: [Google]
people will defend this.png
2 MB, 1284x720
>>336957596
>League
>faster

laffin

meanwhile dota can go from 1-4 kills a minute for the entire length of the game
>>
MOBAs are for faggots who suck at real computer games
>>
File: stepped in shit.jpg (37 KB, 400x576) Image search: [Google]
stepped in shit.jpg
37 KB, 400x576
>>
>>336956457
Like someone above said, activating flash can get you out of a gank at very little cost, wasting the time of whoever came in. This means that if you try to go on someone, they may blink away and waste your time, so it's better to just sit in lane and hit creeps.
You can't even use it reliably for initiating because of the 5 minute cooldown.

Blink dagger has a cooldown of 12 seconds and a much larger range, allowing you to initiate with it or - if you can react quickly enough - escape. However, the 3 second cooldown when taking damage (even disregaeding the large gold cost and item slot) means that it isn't a get out of jail free card. Some heroes even have synergy with this effect like Puck and Templar Assasin.

There's probably more idk
>>
>>336957395
lol that .webm, do people seriously defend this dumpster tier game?
>>
>be 21-0
>flash to kill a yasuo
>teammate calls me retarded for wasting flash because he died and I didn't baby sit him
>then afks and we barely win
How do you fix the retarded teammate problem?
>>
>>336957878
High level PvP play like that is nothing like the real game.

I'm fact if those teams fought random tlthey wouldn't be used to the random play style and lose.
>>
>>336957395
>tries to kill someone with flash at level fucking 1
>surprised they escaped

Also that was years ago, today (if they weren't still bad at the game) they would have easily been able to dive with Alistar

Hell, if he just flashed and knocked him back there Zilean was dead

Dota definitely does not have less bugs, I have 3000 hours in it and more than that watching competitive games. The amount of fog of war bugs is atrocious.

Also the T2 rune shit -- it's a step in the right direction that they obviously want to take

It's not exactly easy to just remove runes. They need to find a solution.

>>336957736
Not an argument
Memes cure depression
:^)

>>336957878
Cherrypicking

>>336958025
That's just wrong though.
Flash can very easily secure a kill every time you use it, but when you get to a high enough level the entire dynamics of flash change completely, you'll often see people die with it because there's so much more you can do than just save yourself.

Blink Dagger isn't meant to be a "get out of jail free card"
It was created to make heroes like Sand King, Lion, Lina, and etc viable because if it didn't exist you'd just have situations where teams become impossible to actually engage or even stop since advantage is far more apparent in Dota

Blink Dagger is the reason comebacks happen so much

But again, you're comparing entirely different takes on a genre in the worst way possible
>>
>>336958642
stop playing free games, being free alone brings in all the cancerous poorfag high school kids.
>>
>>336956306

>Getting ass stomped at beginning laning phase
>Shit game, gtg
>Game falls apart while the highest level in the game is 7
>>
>>336958642
Mute them or just play with friends :^)
>>
>>336959000
>>336958883
My friends are afraid of ranked and it's just ranked games that are like that
>>
>>336959212
OMG im scurred of playing for a number that means absolutely fuck all. To git gud at ranks you must stop caring about ranks tell your friends that
>>
>ranked
>removed solo queue and added dynamic instead
>queue alone
>get stuck with get stuck with 3 man premades
>strategically filling and changing roles is nonexistant in ranked because now you are forced into a role and cant change on the spot depending on what champs enemy team has picked
>>
>>336959395
Man I have the same opinion but idk.
They place into silver 4 and are too scared to do anything else.
>>
>>336958846
>Cherrypicking

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4e176l/the_first_1520_minutes_of_competitive_games_are/

>less bugs

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4ht2w2/patch_69_bug_megathread/

scrolling down is nothing but bugs

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/search?q=bug+list&restrict_sr=on

more bugs

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/worlds/articles/gragas-disabled-rest-worlds-2015

gamebreaking bug that was disabled specifically instead of being fixed

Meanwhile Dota

https://www.dota2.com/springcleaning

Fixes as much bugs as League cares to mention.
>>
>>336959865
You literally just cherrypicked again

That dota update just introduced more bugs, you can even search on reddit for it like you did for league lel

There's really no point you can make about bugs in either of these games, it's not like they're never going to exist or either company isn't trying to remove them all anyway

It's just a matter of how they're handled as I told you
>>
>>336960390

>proof is cherry picking
>>
>>336960390
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=570

Here is Dota receiving updates nigh daily for bugfixes.

Meanwhile League still has a billion bugs.
>>
>>336953401
It's literally the worst part of LoL.

>tons of engagements decided by who does and doesn't have flash
>completely dissuades aggression when on cooldown - play defensive until it's back up
>makes early game gank kills nearly impossible, acts as a "get out of jail free card" shield that you need to pop once every 5 minutes before actually ganking someone
>is nearly mandatory and means you only really get to pick one summoner spell

>Doesnt HoN and DotA have a flash item, except it has a shorter cooldown and longer range?
Costs 2250 gold, soaks up an item slot while giving zero stats, goes on a short cooldown when you take damage so you can't use it to bail out of a fight as soon as things stop going your way.
It's almost entirely an initiation item in Dota/Hon. It needs to be used preemptively for an escape, but the games are loaded with ways to tick someone with damage from afar or from stealth to break the blink dagger and force them to fight.
>>
File: 933012_1327247388592_full.png (175 KB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
933012_1327247388592_full.png
175 KB, 419x313
>>336959865
>literally and unironically linking to reddit
>>
>>336961387
>I get to ignore valid evidence against me because it's on a website that triggers me
wew
>>
>>336961452
>cherrypicking
>>
>>336953597
Its pretty easy to bait out a flash and its on a long cooldown. Come back around for another try.
>>
>>336956883
THIS

At least in HOTS, less of my time is wasted
>>
>he fell for the 'game is popular so I wont play it' meme
>>
>>336954509
I love playing Timbersaw but you have to snowball with him or he just gets left in the dust with his mobility being his saving grace. When I can get some momentum and we got a good pusher on our team though might as well gg now.
>>
File: 916c0d62481ccac586b0ec4103eed9b7.jpg (462 KB, 1885x1048) Image search: [Google]
916c0d62481ccac586b0ec4103eed9b7.jpg
462 KB, 1885x1048
I don't see why DoTA players are too wild up by flash. It's a five minute cool down which and one flash won't win the entire game. Especially if you burn it too early, you're the enemy jungler's fuckboy for the next five minutes.
>>
>>336954327
Morello likes nerfs how could he possibly like 10 second stuns?
>>
>>336954509
>>336962306
timbersaw is annoying as fuck to handle as a support, even if you go solo with him on offlane harassing him is a bitch thanks to the passive, if you also have a competent support on your lane you are un-harassable
>>
>>336962771
Try actually reading the posts explaining the problems with it.
>>
>>336955503
>IQ in the 90th percentile
>uses "it's" when he means to say "its"
>>
>>336963453

I have, they all say it's a "get out of jail free" card.
>>
>>336963453
The "problems" are "explained" by Dota players/Bronze players, there are no actual arguments other than "it's bad" or "it's not dota" but this is /v/ so you'll say otherwise

>>336963523
>thinking you've somehow bested me by calling out autocorrect

fef
>>
>>336963862
>if I call people bronzies their legitimate arguments magically disappear and I don't have to rebut them
lol
>>
>>336963596
Still waiting to hear how it isn't and/or why that isn't a problem
>>
>>336962771
It should not be there in the first place.
First blood in Dota happens super early for a good reason.
>>
>>336964084
There are no arguments and despite that i've stated multiple times why your opinion is invalid

But as it stands people who are mentally incapable at games tend to be incapable in every other faucet of life as well

/v/
>>
>>336964260
>despite that i've stated multiple times why your opinion is invalid
Show me. I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>336964161
Because no matter what I say, you won't change your mind because we're on 4chan and no one changes their mind on 4chan.

>>336964256
I've seen plenty of early first bloods in LoL though, unless you mean like its < 5 minutes?
>>
>>336964430
>Because no matter what I say, you won't change your mind because we're on 4chan and no one changes their mind on 4chan.
So you have no argument and you're admitting you were wrong?
>>
>>336964616
No I'm saying it's useless to even think up an argument because we all have a humongous stick up our asses that we could never counteract an opinion with another opinion.
>>
>>336964761
So you're wrong, nice
>>
>>336964857
No, you are
>>
>>336951231
It's very simple to explain why it's the most popular game in the world: Blizzard fucked up Starcraft 2, which meant a large hole for competitive pcbang games in South Korea. Riot got there before Valve in creating a DOTA successor, and incentivized the game for pcbang owners and frequenters. The genre is perfect for pcbangs given its well-defined session times that matches up closely to the hourly fee, and this is probably one of the biggest reason riot try to make sure league is played in a standard formula every game (compared to DOTA2 where you can literally get a six minute GG by taking rosh at level 1, or a three and a half hour back and forth)
>>
>>336953731
This is the reason I quit playing. Shit talking more fun then playing the actual game. The LoL community is filled with oversensitive cunts that believe any sort of comment that shatters their delicate ego warrants a lifetime ban. People are so obsessed with "toxicity" that they forget it's a video game on the internet and shit talking is in fact a large part of video games on the internet.
>>
>>336962771
>and one flash won't win the entire game.
It literally can and often does.

That's really not even the problem with it though, it just makes the game really defensive and dull. People get out of half of their potential deaths by pressing F and then play super defensive until it's back up. It's just really boring and poor design.
The game would be miles better if flash was removed altogether and then every character got a balance pass to compensate for how the game changes.
>>
>>336951231
Is League the slowest video game of all time? It takes 10 years before anything interesting happens in one of the game
>>
>>336951231
I don't like ASSFAGGOTS in general, but man, why couldn't they adopt that DotA thing of unlocking every character? I fail to see why games striving to be competitive lock features from other players, you don't see such happening in fighting or shooters.
>>
>>336965510
One thing I seen DoTA players miss hard is that Flash can be used defensively as much as it can be used offensively. I've seen plenty of people use flash to secure a kill as I've seen flash to win it. To be honest, while I won't say I'm the greatest LoL player in the would, I've seen my Diamond friend play the game many times. I can honestly seen time were flashed won the game, unless it's "he flashed to steal Barron.." which rarely happens.
>>
File: 1461124077180.jpg (184 KB, 460x684) Image search: [Google]
1461124077180.jpg
184 KB, 460x684
>>336965805
There's really no excuse for it
>>
>>336953597

5 minute cooldown m8
Literally bait it out and then kill them.

Lmao all these doturds complaining about flash when their game is just as dead as Smite because it's gone down the shitter and is twice as FotM orientated than LoL.
>>
>>336965974
It's the exact same issue, just on the opposite side of the coin. Player who wasn't going to get a kill gets a kill because he follows up with flash, or player who was going to die doesn't because he uses flash.
It's the same end result either way - the player with flash has the advantage and has a trump card to cover his ass whether it's used offensively or defensively.
>>
>>336966201
>dead

It's been the #1 most played game on Steam every day since 2012.
>>
File: Item_VoidTalisman.jpg (8 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Item_VoidTalisman.jpg
8 KB, 128x128
>>336953401
It should be baseline already
So many champions depend on it, and for those 'big plays' flash is always involved somehow

either make it baseline or remove it already
>>
>>336964161
Because everyone has it. Flash also allows for some awesome plays with cast timed spells
>>
>>336966208
The thing is no one's forcing every player to use flash, I've seen people do well with Ignite/Teleport or Ghost/Smite people mainly use flash + (role defining summoner spell) because they think it's the most optimal way to play. I see no problem in telling people they're wrong for using what they like. If everyone has access to the same tools I really don't see the problem, unless they observe broken (which I don't see flash as.)
>>
>people defending flash
>>
>>336966605
it's awesome cause you have to wait 5 minutes each time = gienyus
>>
>>336966737
>The thing is no one's forcing every player to use flash
The game's design is forcing you to use flash. Don't delude yourself.
There's a reason 99% of the time all ten players have flash in every pro game. Choosing to gimp yourself is not an argument against bad design, and even if it was it doesn't stop the other 9 players from using it.
>>
>>336966605
And that's another reason why its a problem. Why should I ever not take flash? Especially when all my enemies will and put me at a severe disadvantage.
>>
>>336966478
>Void talisman

Even though HoN is shit I still had lots of fun.
>>
>>336967528
The game's designed around flash because the fanbase likes using Flash. If it was so terrible as /v/ is saying it, you would've had the entire community against it, just like 100% doge Jax, T1 and T2 runes, and Chroma skins.
>>
>>336968101
the community doesnt think for itself they just say what the streamers and youtubers tell them
>>
>>336968101
>le popularity = quality maymay
>I still have no argument against any of anyone's legitimate criticisms against flash
ebin
tons of the LoL community hates flash too anyways
>>
>>336968285
>>336968572

>I'm right and everyone is wrong
>Trust me when I tell you everyone hates what I hate

Okay haha.
Just Alt F4 yourself.
>>
>>336968285
>>336968572
>I know better than literally millions of people because I post in an anonymous image board

Those the the Sheeple follow would still have complained about flash if it was that much of a problem.
>>
>>336969228
hmm just like it took people who havent played wow for years to start openly complaining about the state of the game?
>>
>>336969228
>>336969007
It isnt a huge "I fuck your ass" problem like Jax because everyone fuckin has it.
But it makes the game's already defensive baseline even more defensive
>>
File: 1429232264717.jpg (327 KB, 919x656) Image search: [Google]
1429232264717.jpg
327 KB, 919x656
>>336969007
>get completely proven wrong with fully explained arguments
>have no rebuttal, plug your ears and pretend they don't exist
>foam at the mouth with autism and start shitposting instead
Every time
Thanks for the show

>>336969228
WAHH A BUNCH OF RETARDS LIKE IT is not a counter argument to fully explained and validated analysis of why something is bad game design
Cry all you want, popularity still doesn't equal quality and it sure as hell doesn't make an argument for you
>>
>>336956576

He's trying to say it was a big deal back when that ad was run.
>>
>>336964161
It is a ~500 range blink. Now what? I read this thread, and all of the "arguments" stem from playing at an extremely low level of knowledge of the game.
>>
>>336951231

>No more Disconnections
Ragequits are still as prevalent as ever.

>Obnoxious Hackers
There were a few, and if you have to hack an ARTS or something, it's silly.

>Totally IMBA matches
>League of "whoever has more gold at 10 minutes wins matches 90% of the time."

>Annoying Leavers
>Implying I want to be held hostage in a game that said, DOTA2 does have a surrender vote.
>>
>>336955503

>The whole point of the game from the start was to be a faster version of Dota

The whole point was to be a less intense version of DOTA with stolen ideas.

HoN has proven to be the superior, literal case of faster DOTA in the past.
>>
Mobas are all shit
>>
File: 12323.jpg (98 KB, 1277x792) Image search: [Google]
12323.jpg
98 KB, 1277x792
who /snitch/ here
>>
>>336971719
>I read this thread, and all of the "arguments" stem from playing at an extremely low level of knowledge of the game.
Then prove it. Quote the posts and explain how.
>>
Who gives a shit, the waifus are the best.
Pic related
>>
>>336955503
Why does people always come to /v/ to act like a badass without supplying proof?
>>
>>336966478
Baseline would make some champs op.

Hrcarim, Olaf and shaco all do great without it
>>
File: 1406010849445.jpg (47 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
1406010849445.jpg
47 KB, 345x383
>dotards being this insecure

you can always switch to lol after dota2 dies
>>
>>336973081
If only her in game model didn't look like shit.

>>336955503
As some one who has played lol back in S1, this game is shit to play right now.
>>
>>336973332
>projecting this hard
>>
File: 1461769812377-vg.jpg (100 KB, 1024x762) Image search: [Google]
1461769812377-vg.jpg
100 KB, 1024x762
>>336973595
I don't think it looks that bad, but I also like other champs.
>>
>>336972729
Such as >>336953597.
One, it's not a get out of jail free card, two, it does not "dissuade people from trying".
>people play even more super safe when it's down because there's little risk in actually hitting a minion
This is also bullshit. The reason there is no repercussion to playing completely passively is that he was playing on an extremely low level.

>lol just flash away
Again, this is just wrong.

As for the OP, how are runes and masteries at all a bad thing?
>>
File: Poppy_OriginalSkin.jpg (365 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Poppy_OriginalSkin.jpg
365 KB, 1215x717
>>336974716
I just don't understand how they could mess mess this up.

>>336974808
Someone hasn't watch any pro games recently.
>>
File: 1439347591535.png (116 KB, 336x402) Image search: [Google]
1439347591535.png
116 KB, 336x402
>>336974808
>One, it's not a get out of jail free card, two, it does not "dissuade people from trying".
>Again, this is just wrong.
Alright? So when's the part where you tell me why?
"No that's wrong" isn't a fucking argument, the argument is what is supposed to come after that.

Are all LoL players this stupid?
>>
File: echo-sabre.png (11 KB, 88x64) Image search: [Google]
echo-sabre.png
11 KB, 88x64
Can we take a moment to apreciate how great this thing is?
>very affordable
>provides great stats
>passive ability synergies extremely well with all on attack abilities, high attack damage low attack speed heros, as well as giving an edge in chasing and melee man fights

I struggle to think of melee hero where this item isnt at least a nice mid game supplement, if not an easy core
>>
>>336975879
>echo sabre
>literally the same thing as devourer
>Balanced
>Devourer had to be removed
Based Icefrog
>>
File: 1385551313777.jpg (33 KB, 418x300) Image search: [Google]
1385551313777.jpg
33 KB, 418x300
>>336975189
I'll say this for League of Lesbians, its got some nice short stacks where Dota is lacking
>>
>>336975596
None of that is true. How would it be true? How is that different from saying characters having mobility makes the game completely passive?
>>
File: 1461694203623.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461694203623.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1200
>>336976031
ya I wouldn't be surprised if we see a nerf to it in the near future, its just too damn good on every melee. I mean on Spirit Breaker you get double chance to greater bash every 5 seconds, easily solves any mid game mana problems, increases his chasing effortlessly, and gives him a nice bit of health and damage on top of it. All that and it doesnt cost much more then a hyperstone. Its amazing and I hope it never changes.
>>
>>336976374
>None of that is true. How would it be true?
Still waiting for you to prove it. Are you trying to make yourself look like a retard?

>How is that different from saying characters having mobility makes the game completely passive?
Because it's a part of their base character and not an extra layer of safety on top of it with a huge cooldown. That's where the problem comes from. There's no reason to not always take and rely on that layer of safety, and when someone has it and you don't they're at a huge advantage so your best course of action is to play defense until it's back up. It doesn't play like that when it's a short cooldown regular ability because it doesn't create these massive periods of passive play and it also doesn't soak up a slot where you could normally choose something else interesting because it's just a base part of the character.

I mean, this would all be perfectly apparent if you actually read my fucking original posts, but I know that's asking too much of you
>>
>>336976638
>Its amazing and I hope it never changes
I hope it fucking does
This is LoL tier homogenization. If you dont build it on a melee hero, you're being inefficient
>>
>>336977027
I wouldnt say that, its definitely not a core item on every melee, you would never rush it over say a blink dagger on Axe.
>>
>>336977027
It is literally hot, steaming garbage on all but a few melee heroes.
>>
>>336965452
and stay gone.
>>
>>336977223
Okay you're right
Melee carries then
>>
>>336977343
>building Sabre on PL
>riki
>meepo
>alch
>AM
>ES
>Jugg
>LC
>LS
>Lycan
>spectre
>TB
>Ursa
>WK
it's honestly much fucking worse than you think it is. It's useful on maybe 5 heroes, tops.
>>
>>336976845
>Still waiting for you to prove it. Are you trying to make yourself look like a retard?
What is there to prove? Tell me, how does the existence of mobility not do the exact same thing to the game? Obviously it doesn't, so what is there to even say?

>Because it's a part of their base character and not an extra layer of safety on top of it with a huge cooldown. That's where the problem comes from. There's no reason to not always take and rely on that layer of safety,
Yeah, but it's not like there are no champions that you wouldn't take flash on, like Hecarim or Shaco.

> and when someone has it and you don't they're at a huge advantage so your best course of action is to play defense until it's back up.
No, not necessarily. You don't need to play passively whenever they have flash up on you.

>I mean, this would all be perfectly apparent if you actually read my fucking original posts, but I know that's asking too much of you
I have heard all of what you said before.
>>
>>336951231
Is the DOTA acronym an edit?
>>
>>336977594
>What is there to prove? Tell me, how does the existence of mobility not do the exact same thing to the game? Obviously it doesn't, so what is there to even say?
Try actually reading the second half of the post you just replied to, you braindead drooling retard

>Yeah, but it's not like there are no champions that you wouldn't take flash on, like Hecarim or Shaco.
It's a microscopic slice of the character pool, and most of the ones who don't take flash just swap it out for ghost instead.

>No, not necessarily. You don't need to play passively whenever they have flash up on you.
You're doing it again, just saying "lala you're wrong I'm right" without actually explaining why.
If you don't play passively, you're gimping yourself and throwing your chances at winning.
>Nah it's okay you don't have to be a slave to flash, just play like shit and throw the game instead!
epic

>I have heard all of what you said before.
Then why are you refusing to reply to it?
>>
>>336977545
First of all
>Either ES
>Carry

>Double backstab not amazing
>Double mana drain and cc not amazing on AM
>Double Lifesteal and cc not amazing on LS
>Double crit chance
>Even better early duel power
>NOT GOOD ON SPECTRE SURELY YOU JESTIN
>TB isnt a melee carry you fuck
>Way faster Ursa stacking and FREE cc
>Double lifesteal and crit on WK

Admittedly some on there want to build blink first
>>
>>336978158
>Ember Spirit
>not a carry
>implying any of those heroes want to waste 2.6k and an item slot instead of a different major item
>>
File: 1418823468494.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1418823468494.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>336978554
I thought you meant Earth Shaker or Earth Spirit
I completely fucking forgot about Ember

Fair enough
>>
>>336977594
>Not taking flash on Shaco
u wot m8? his q doesn't go very far, and besides what would you take. He doesn't need smite, and he isn't any better with tp

Also champions would still take flash even if they have a mobility spell.
>Graves
>EZ
>Xin
>Malp
>Naut
>Kindred
>Trist
>Ahri
>Vlad
>Fizz
>Zed
>Ken
>Fid
>Nid
>Aol
>Lee
>Shaco
>Shvy
>Ekko
>Sivir
>Mao
>Ali (his w)
>Mumu
>Elise
>Yi
>Corki
>WW
>Sej
>Leo
>Panth
>Luc
>TF
>Dia
>Leblanc
>Poppy
>Udyr
And there is more that I missed
>>
>LOL is the most played game on PC
>PC gamers are supposed to have good taste
>>
File: 1460466888032.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460466888032.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>336951231
>3 or more years later
>people still bitch about flash
>>
>>336979697
Well it's beena problem for 3 years.
But people have mostly given up on Riot changing it. Despite that it is still a problem with the game at the end of the day
>>
>>336979915
its literally a non problem and people who bitch about it never played the game or shitters that never got out of silver.
>>
>>336951231
>All that savage shit-talk and defaming of Dota before Valve bought them
>Now Dota is their biggest competitor
>>
>>336978000
>Try actually reading the second half of the post you just replied to, you braindead drooling retard
I did read it. It is an extra mobility spell. Why would that ruin the game? I replied to the supposed "advantage" part, why would always taking it be a problem?

Do you not comprehend that I did in fact read your post?

>It's a microscopic slice of the character pool, and most of the ones who don't take flash just swap it out for ghost instead.
Okay? Why is this a game breaking problem to you?

>You're doing it again, just saying "lala you're wrong I'm right" without actually explaining why.
Because that' is bullshit. Can you supply a reason why that would be true?

>If you don't play passively, you're gimping yourself and throwing your chances at winning.
>Nah it's okay you don't have to be a slave to flash, just play like shit and throw the game instead!
>epic
Again, that is complete bullshit, but you would not know because you do not understand how to play the game. Can you give me a reason why any of that would be true? The burden of proof is on you.

Again, that is just bullshit. If you believe that, obviously you have zero understanding of the game. What elo are you?

>Then why are you refusing to reply to it?
I did reply to it. Do you have autism?

>>336978736
>u wot m8? his q doesn't go very far, and besides what would you take. He doesn't need smite, and he isn't any better with tp
Ignite. Yes, he does need smite, obviously. What elo are you?

>Graves
>EZ
>Xin
>Malp
>Naut
>Kindred
>Trist
>Ahri
>Vlad
>Fizz
>Zed
>Ken
>Fid
>Nid
>Aol
>Lee
>Shaco
>Shvy
>Ekko
>Sivir
>Mao
>Ali (his w)
>Mumu
>Elise
>Yi
>Corki
>WW
>Sej
>Leo
>Panth
>Luc
>TF
>Dia
>Leblanc
>Poppy
>Udyr
>And there is more that I missed
Autism. Can you quote me on saying you don't take flash if you have mobility?
>>
>>336981132
Sure right here
>Yeah, but it's not like there are no champions that you wouldn't take flash on, like Hecarim or Shaco.

You tried to play it off as if having a mobility spell stops you from taking flash, it doesn't

> he does need smite
My god are you dirt division 10? Shaco doesn't need smite, he just need his w to clear like mad, and go gank as soon as possible
>>
>>336981754
>You tried to play it off as if having a mobility spell stops you from taking flash, it doesn't
No I fucking didn't. Again, your knowledge of the game is so low that you thought I said Hecarim or Shaco because they have a mobility spell.

>My god are you dirt division 10? Shaco doesn't need smite, he just need his w to clear like mad, and go gank as soon as possible
Why am I typing to a bronze 5 shitter?
>>
>>336982204
>Gets called out Tries to pull rank.
Yeah yeah whatever you say.
>>
>>336982814
>Yeah yeah whatever you say.
Fuck off back to tumblr you emotional child.
>>
>people are still comparing Dota 2 to LoL

Jesus, when will you retards understand that Dota 2 is just an ARTS and not a MOBA? Stuff like HoTS, Smite, Strife, LoL, etc. are derivatives and therefore can be classified as "MOBAs". They take many notes from the Dota formula but they're significantly different games altogether. Dota 2 is just a continuation of what the original was.

You wouldn't refer to Dark Souls 3 as a "Soulslike", would you? No, since it's a part of the original entity that spawned the term. You can, however, call games like Nioh, Necropolis, and Lords of the Fallen Soulslikes.

You can have your preference but trying to debate which one is superior just makes you look like a retard, like someone trying to argue that Lords of the Fallen's slower movement and easier boss fights is superior to how Dark Souls did it.
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.