[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not even one month old >Already forgotten ayy lmao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 26
File: star_fox_zero-cover-image.jpg (55 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
star_fox_zero-cover-image.jpg
55 KB, 800x450
>Not even one month old
>Already forgotten

ayy lmao
>>
Well, yeah the thing is a pain to play.
>>
>People paid 60 for this

Well no wonder why nobody wants to talk about it. They don't want to be reminded of how they wasted so much money on a 1 hour game.
>>
I never understood why Star Fox is popular the only good thing about the series is the music
>>
Wii U in general has already been forgotten.
>>
>>336871976

Furfags, need to say more?
>>
>implying that happens to just Star Fox

I'd keep playing it but I lent my Wii U to a friend for a bit. Can't wait to get it back.
>>
Because no normie wants to deal with gimmicky controls. Everyone I know, even kids, just want to sit down and play a game with a regular fucking controller and regular control scheme. Miyamoto is stupid.
>>
i don't play games either op
>>
Horrible fucking game. Not fun to play at all. I sold it literally the day after I bought it.
>>
>>336874668
It'd be good if the camera switching from the fucking screen to the gamepad made sense, and if the fucking gyros werent so fucking touchy and unstable.
>>
its have a good replayability, fucking sonyggers
>>
>>336874895
If the controls fucking worked.
>>
>>336870639
I don't get it

Why no online multiplayer?

Is there ANYTHING this game does better than KI:U?
>>
>>336875131
It bombs better.

On a serious note, I didn't even know it didn't have multiplayer. This really is a terrible Star Fox game.
>>
>Already forgotten

No, /v/ is just proving itself to be controlled by shills and parasites whining about 'muh controls' and games they haven't played. The game is great, as anyone who actually owns it will tell you.
>>
>>336875312
I bought the game.
I spent roughly two hours trying to learn the controls properly, and then I took a break. Came back the next day, started practice modes, and I realized 3 hours or more is more time than I am willing to devote to a game just to control it.
>>
hating on starfox has become a meme on /v/ because sony fanboys took over.

why would anybody want to discuss shit here at this point?
>>
Why didn't they make a new game? We already have Star Fox 3D.
>>
>>336870639
Easily 10/10 Game. Literally Star fox 64 HD
>>
How come they keep trying to remake 64?

Assault was the right direction to go in. Just remove or heavily fix the walking segments, make it mostly flight segments, and get rid of Krystal
>>
>>336875396
>We already have Star Fox 3D.
This most of all is what made the choice in it being a reboot the most perplexing

If they wanted to ignore all the shitty sequels, why didn't they make it an immediate follow up to 64? Why yet another reboot of the series?
>>
>>336875363
>>
File: Goodbye shit game.jpg (93 KB, 895x521) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye shit game.jpg
93 KB, 895x521
>>336875518
Here's my fucking auction from when I fucking sold it.
>>
>>336875578
>buying games
Did you miss the leak?
>>
>>336875630
Haha, shitposting is hilarious.

High five.
>>
>>336875363
Are you autistic???????????????

It takes minutes to learn the controls.
>>
>>336870639
I would have gotten if it I didn't have to use the Gamepad.

That's sort of a common theme with nintendo lately for me.

>Would have got Splatoon if they didn't have fucking playlist rotation.
>Would have got Kirby Rainbow Curse if it wasn't a doodling game.
>Would have gotten Mario Party 10 if it weren't for the all-moving car.
>Would have got Mario Tennis if there weren't fucking power ups.
>Would have gotten Paper Mario Colour Splash if it was an actual Paper Mario game.
>Would have got Pokken Tournament but I'm broke as fuck.
>>
>>336875730
No it doesn't. I have no clue what the fuck you're talking about, but you did not immediately work the landmaster perfectly in minutes of gameplay.
>>
>all these people with parkinson's who didn't set gyro to activate only on firing
LOVING EVERY LAUGH
>>
>>336875578

>That end time date
>That unopened package
>The fact that you're selling it on Ebay

Everything about this is hilarious to me.
>>
>>336875801
You didn't play it. There are many segments you can't set it to that during.
>>
>>336875780
it's a tank

with tank controls
>>
>>336875853
I sold it the day after I bought it, like I said.

Guard was unopened, but I opened the actual game.

Where the fuck else would I sell an opened game at for 50 dollars?

>>336875893
The boss fight is not "a tank with tank controls"

That fight was a fucking clusterfuck.
>>
>>336875885
Actually I did play it, and I had no trouble considering those parts are basically gyro pointing up and down.
>>
>>336870639
Yeah, it's a pretty mediocre game, even when you ignore the controls.
>>
>>336875974
While spinning around the enemy using both analogue sticks and moving the gamepad up and down.
>>
>>336875967
it's totally tank controls, lock-on just changes your camera angle

it's ok to be bad at it man, nobody's judging
>>
>>336876065

>5 people mastered the controls and were perfect, if they weren't lying

>5 people out of 5 million buyers
>vast majority of people can't get used to the controls and can't be fucked with them

PHEW, CLEARLY THOSE 5 PEOPLE ARE MASTERS OF ALL CONTROLS
>>
>>336876116
who are you generalizing for?
IGN reviewers?
>>
>>336875967
Again, I have to marvel at the dedication you're trying to pretend as if these controls are hard to get used to or are outright broken. They are not.
>>
>>336876178
All of my friends
A ton of people I've talked to on /v/
A ton of reviewers
>>
File: 1460755724667.jpg (17 KB, 325x287) Image search: [Google]
1460755724667.jpg
17 KB, 325x287
>>336875578
>being THIS bad at videogames
its W101 all over again
>>
>>336876036
Yes. I mean I felt it wasn't that complicated. I just don't see how people have such bad coordination. Is everyone shaking the controller around? I just rested it on my lap.
>>
>>336870639
>this happens to majority of games
>Uncharted games are forgotten save for when there's a new one coming out or people are shitposting
>People stopped talking about Street Fighter
>No one even talks about Destiny or Division any longer
>Haven't seen anything about Halo either
>>
>>336876116
I'm gonna jump in here, don't even own the game.

Hyperbole won't make you look less retarded and taking 'two hours' to learn a control scheme is DSP tier bad at video games.
>>
>>336876250
It's the
>5 people learned the controls, so everyone who didn't is bad at video games
meme

WEW

BEING GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES REQUIRING USING THE CONTROLLER PROPERLY

SO LETS SET ARBITRARY HANDICAPS THAT GET IN THE WAY OF PLAY
>>
File: 1460076039451.png (172 KB, 465x266) Image search: [Google]
1460076039451.png
172 KB, 465x266
>>336876232
>all of my asspull anecdotes and casual reviewers who only give uncharted 10/10s
>>
Well, I'm still getting a kick out of improving my training/challenge mode scores.
I've yet to get all the medals, and to complete all the routes in arcade mode.
I think I've still got quite some time with this title yet to go.
The controls did annoy me at first, but I got used to it.
I just wish it wasn't necessary to keep resetting the centre-point. If only they'd added a reflector for the infra red sensor on the controller, and used the sensor bar.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>336876324
Literally W101 all over again and terrible people being terrible.
>>
>>336875748
Mario Party 10 is actually great, just to let you know. Instead of it being entirely luck based on the dice and one person getting to go all the lucky ways, everyone gets to try to influence where they want to land and where the next person might land as well.

I'm not sure what 9 was like, but i think the car works fine in 10.
>>
>>336876330
I'm so counter culture

>>336876348
>I just wish it wasn't necessary to keep resetting the centre-point

WOW YOU'RE FUCKING BAD AT VIDEO GAMES
HOLY SHIT
THE OCNTROLS ARE SO EASY
IT'S SO EASY TO NOT RESET SHIT AND JUST PLAY

WOWWWWW
>>
>>336876116
oh man thanks dude, I'm happy to be a master of controls

it might very well be that and I'm glad my life has come to this very moment
>>
File: 1461936908399.jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1461936908399.jpg
15 KB, 384x384
>>336876412
>getting this upset because people called your casual ass out
>>
>>336876420
Yeah, you learned how to use shitty gimped controls to accomplish
Aiming at a target
and shooting it

That's never been done before, especially not in this brand new gimmick way that allows you to do more than ever before, like aim slightly upward while still flying to the right. Oh my god.

Watt are you going to do with your life?
>>
>>336876493
NO THE CONTROLS ARE PERFECT AND TAKE LITERAL MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT
THE GAMPEAD CAMERA AND TV CAMERA BEING ESSENTIAL AND HAVING TO SWITCH THEM AND RESET CENTER POINT CONSTANTLY IS BRILLIANT AND CONTROLS REAL EASY, TAKES LITERAL SECONDS TO GET USED TO.
>>
>>336876514
A minute ago you claimed that it took you multiple hours to do something as basic as that, and that millions of people couldnt do it either and that only five chosen ones could manage to do so.
>>
>>336876280
DSP hated the controls as well, actually. The people bitching are DSP level players, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>336875780
>LANDMASTER
>UP TO BOOST
>DOWN TO SLOW
>LEFT IS LEFT
>RIGHT IS RIGHT

Youre fucking autistic
>>
>>336875365
It's all those damn dirty Sonyggers' fault. They're the ones making this the worst Star Fox debut, they're actually buying nega-copies to drag down the game's sales figures!
>>
>>336876610
That's correct. No one can figure out these stupid ass controls, and the select few on /v/ that can figure them out are masters of their craft, literally. They are the players of the future.
>>
File: 1443581121310.jpg (16 KB, 317x300) Image search: [Google]
1443581121310.jpg
16 KB, 317x300
>>336870639
>force motion controls and no pro controller support
>rehash 64's story for a third time
>no online multiplayer despite Command having it
>less levels than 64
>charge full prcie for it
>released the same week as R&C for cheaper
>surprised people already forgot it
>only ones actually defending it are Miyamoto drones and 64fags
>>
File: 1454077201064.jpg (130 KB, 355x440) Image search: [Google]
1454077201064.jpg
130 KB, 355x440
>>336876589
>>
>>336876514
I don't think there's anything left to do

just put "could actually play star fox zero" on my tombstone
>>
>>336876652
And guess what
You can't see the boss you're aiming at if you just use left and right on the gamepad. You have to do a fuckton of stupid shit with the controller in order to even look in the bosses direction and aim at the weakpoint.
>>
>>336876683
>force motion controls

DUDE
THE MOTION CONTROLS TAKE LITERAL /SECONDS/ TO FIGURE OUT
THEY ARE EASY AS FUCK

YOU ARE CASUAL

ON THE FIRST BOSS WHEN IT FORCE SWITCHED MY PERSPECTIVE IN ALL RANGE MODE AND I HAD TO USE FIRST PERSON ON MY GAMEPAD AND SWITCH TO MY TV AND RESET CENTER CONSTANTLY, THAT WAS SO FUN. HOLY SHIT. THIS GAME IS AMAZING.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 640x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 640x410
Really, if this game had more content, more involved branching paths, a better balance of on rails and all-range missions, and more unlocks similar to the Black and Retro Arwing, I'm definitely sure /v/ would've hailed this as the best StarFox game. Sadly, it doesn't have any of these things, and it will remain the butt of all jokes by everyone thanks to ecelebs and normies' hate-circlejerking.

It sucks that this game won't be successful because we could've had a sequel that could've improved on all of Zero's problems like with DKC Returns to Tropical Freeze, but instead we're gonna have to wait for another 10 years for a sequel. It's a shame because this is my second favorite StarFox game because of the controls ironically enough.
>>
>>336876752
okay like

I understand you had issues

but it's possible to not have those issues
>>
>>336876893
Yeah, especially my issues of not having a Radar in all range mode fighting Wolf. That was great, I had no idea where anyone was and where I was going so I just flew around a lot and did a bunch of backflips and random shit.

LITERALLY THE BEST GAME
>>
>>336876931
Oh, and do not get me STARTED on Robot Hacker modes.

SO MUCH FUN
NOT TEDIOUS OR HORRENDOUS AT ALL

WHEN I GET TO USE THAT LITTLE ROBOT TO GO INTO CAVERNS AND EXPLORE FOR HACKABLE GREEN SWITCHES... OH MY GOD... I JUST... I JUST LOVE IT...

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN BEING A ROBOT TIED TO A SHIP THAT YANKED ME AROUND AND GOT STUCK ALL THE TIME

IT ADDED SO MUCH
>>
I don't get what the deal is, you just turn the gamepad in the direction you want to aim at.
It's pretty fucking simple, what's not to get about it? It's like complaining about being forced to use a thumbstick to move.
gg
>>
>>336876683
>64fags
Not really. It not being enough like 64 is one of it's main problems. I'd honesly rate it slightly lower than Assault.
>>
File: 1438796186682.png (1 MB, 1401x942) Image search: [Google]
1438796186682.png
1 MB, 1401x942
>68 / 14 / 26
>Half of it is one extremely triggered retard

Top laughs.
>>
>>336876324
controls aren't hard to learn... I've never had a problem learning any controls at all. You should be plenty familiar with the controller, so shouldn't it be easy to do? You only need to look at the manual or command list or
whatever and try everything a couple times.

Games used to have so many different control schemes, it amazes me how many people can't adapt when something doesn't have the same controls everything else does now.

If you'd rather sit around and bitch about the game being bad for hours instead of studying the controls for 10 minutes and testing them out, why buy a game at all?
>>
>>336876996
Hey DSP, how's your youtube channel going?
>>
>>336870639
i forgot to put on a condom when i did your mom last night
>>
All right, so guys.
Can someone explain to me what is hard about the controls when they are effectively:
Left stick is move
Right stick is thrusters
Gyro is free aim (can be limited)

You just rotate the gamepad. Point up and down and shit.

rotate

the

gamepad
>>
Can they stop with the reboots?

This isn't supposed to be legend of fucking zelda.
>>
>>336877143
I prefer to turn it. It feels more natural to me.
>>
>>336877009

It doesn't feel good to a lot of people, is why.

That's all that matters anyways.
>>
>>336876931
Did you forget the lock-on?
>>
File: olman.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
olman.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>336876324
>>336876230
>mfw /v/ did the same thing about MGR, about how it dosent explain parries
>watch the opening tutorial in MGR on youtube
>skip to about 9 minutes
>where it forces you to complete a parry, in order to continue playing the game at all
>>
>>336877143
The main thing I hate about the controls actually has nothing to do with the motion controls.
I'm fed up with boosting or braking and forgetting that I'm pulling up and be made to loop or half-turn. It's cost me a good few gold medal by now. I wish it could be done only with the buttons.
>>
>motion control arguments

The game has less content than SF64. That's the main issue. It's slower than SF64, minus the one go fast level.

It's a retread of SF64 that's somehow worse than SF64.

On top of that, the design choices with some of the bosses just don't make any sense. When the camera locks on to the boss and awkwardly rotates around it you're essentially forced to use only the gamepad screen. The TV becomes nearly useless.

I just don't get it.

Also why isn't KI:U on a better console?
>>
>10 years for a gimmick-filled mess
>>
>>336877009
It feels fucking gimmicky, awful, and it's pointless in most cases. It's like adding on an extra step and it's counter intuitive to have to literally move the controller your holding but still press static buttons on it.
>>
>>336877143
>rotate the gamepad

>the thing you also have to use for buttons, you're now swinging around
>>
>>336877492
I like how it counts shit like Aquarossa, Star Wolf fights, and rehashed levels just to pad out the stage count.
>>
>>336877492
>When the camera locks on to the boss and awkwardly rotates around it you're essentially forced to use only the gamepad screen. The TV becomes nearly useless.

I've gotten accustomed to knowing where the - button is, and using it to switch the screens over when I feel I need to. It's especially useful to have the bigger screen as your target view when facing down Starwolf.
>>
I find it hard to believe any criticisms because its all formatted like shitposts.

Too bad that the store cancelled my delivery and I cant be assed to order it again right now.
>>
>>336877492
>On top of that, the design choices with some of the bosses just don't make any sense. When the camera locks on to the boss and awkwardly rotates around it you're essentially forced to use only the gamepad screen. The TV becomes nearly useless.

This shit on top of having to move the fucking gamepad around while also using the analogue sticks on it is fucking INFURIATING.

>>336877676
There shouldn't be any fucking switching screens. Having to use two fucking screens at all in a game like this is a nightmare.
>>
>>336877559
>it's counter intuitive to have to literally move the controller your holding but still press static buttons on it.
How? it's not like you need to reposition your hands.
>>
>>336877676
I do the same thing, but the issue is that there's no point to the other screen during those sections.

You could just have a normal camera angle on the top screen but that would make sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1366x768
>>336870639
>forgotten
>there's a thread on /v/ for it with hundreds of posts
>>
>>336877790
>hundreds

Wow, so, that thread lasted what, 5 minutes and is going to be gone?
>>
This games makes Assault look really solid.
>>
>>336870639
After what happened with this, I think I would prefer it if F-Zero stayed dead.
>>
>>336877397
>where it forces you to complete a parry, in order to continue playing the game at all
I did complain about it because I figured it out during the Blade Wolf fight, but the tutorial didn't explain shit. Right at the end it gives you one enemy to parry, and briefly explains the controls, I fucked up the timing the first time and just ended up killing the single enemy without parrying him and it's all like "TUTORIAL COMPLETE". I would have thought they would just have the enemy be invulnerable to damage until you successfully do a parry, but you really only get one enemy to practice on and for me it was over in less than 5 seconds.
>>
>>336877909
I was about to argue with your but then I remembered the Gyrowing.
>>
>>336877914
>F-Zero motion controls
>Turn the gamepad as as steering wheel, while also using the analogue sticks to accelerate and brake and do maneuvers
>Tilt the gamepad while turning it and using the buttons to aim up and down during jumps and spins

>have to look at gamepad screen in the middle of racing for important boost information and other shit in the cockpit

>have to watch the TV beacuse its insanely fast

Perfection...
So this is the power of Star Fox F Zero...
>>
>>336875312
Game is alright. Woulda been 10x better if they didn't fuck it up with an awkward control scheme. Also Andross acknowledging Jame's McCloud being there in the end. Also the bosses are all all-range mode, which I am not a fan of
>>
>>336878026
WRONG WRONG... ALL WRONG

GYROWING IS INCREDIBLY FUN AND WELL CONTROLLED. EASY TO CONTROL, INTUITIVE, TAKES SECONDS TO ENJOY AND FIGURE OUT

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ROB THE ROBOT OPERATING BUDDY

HE HACKS WITH SKILL AND IS FUN, FUN FUN!
>>
>>336877914

Myamoto actually stated that he didn't know what to do with a new F-Zero.

which is a huge hint that if he were to make a new one he would insist on it revolving around a hot new gimmick that no one asked for.
>>
>>336878130

Gryo = FLUID, IMMERSIVE, COMFY
>>
File: v may cry.jpg (69 KB, 887x665) Image search: [Google]
v may cry.jpg
69 KB, 887x665
Literally the only two problems I have with this game:

> Some shitty bosses

> Not enough content (IE: fully fleshed out levels)

Controls are a non-issue. Game is still fun, and guard is surprisingly good. I honestly wish /v/ would have guard threads where we can share levels like we do for mario maker.
>>
>>336878254
Gyro = WELL DESIGNED, IMPLEMENTED, GREAT FUN LEVELS WITH AMAZING CONTROL SCHEME
>>
>>336878441

stop shitposting we get it
>>
File: 1315295067810.jpg (19 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1315295067810.jpg
19 KB, 334x393
>>336878441
>>336878254
>>336878130
>>
>>336876589
wow look at this faggot
>>
>>336878020
>I fucked up the timing the first time and just ended up killing the single enemy without parrying him and it's all like "TUTORIAL COMPLETE". I would have thought they would just have the enemy be invulnerable to damage until you successfully do a parry,

they do
>>
>>336877640
r
o
t
a
t
e

don't swing it, just tilt it
>>
>>336876619
>if phil hates something, that makes it good

ok nice logic
>>
>>336876847
>DUDE
>THE MOTION CONTROLS TAKE LITERAL /SECONDS/ TO FIGURE OUT
>THEY ARE EASY AS FUCK

nice meme
>>
Did this sell well?
>>
>>336880476
No. Even for a budget title Nintendo game on the Wii U this game sold horribly.
>>
>>336871710
>They don't want to be reminded of how they wasted so much money on a 1 hour game.
>Not importing shmups
>>
File: 18j0v3iivl1s8jpg.jpg (82 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
18j0v3iivl1s8jpg.jpg
82 KB, 640x427
>>336876412
>he thinks SF0 controls are hard

Fucking DSP
>>
File: 1462614077992.jpg (24 KB, 257x377) Image search: [Google]
1462614077992.jpg
24 KB, 257x377
>>
>>336878191
FUCKING
DEEPER

just have leagues based off of the Street Fighter or MOBA league thing, you race your way up to new leagues based on your speed and ability, it solves the problem of having super good racers completely outpace you

Fucking splatoon styled Red vs Blue shit where half the racers vote for Chocolate and the others voted for Vanilla ice cream, and you get bonus points for wrecking those FUCKING CHOCOLATE NIGGERS
>>
>>336880625
So no more Star Fox forever then
>>
>>336880476
It sold about as well as Command and i think Assault at launch and dropped off the radar
>>
I played it thorught three or four times, unlocked all bonus and alternative paths, took me about 9h but still i only have like 20% completion, but I want to move on, great game tho.
>>
>>336878191
he has no choice, GX was apparently the game "everyone was asking for" and it sold like shit. If the series ever comes back, you can bet they'll bank on captain falcon's smash memes
>>
>>336881116

I'm grinding out all the medals and it's going to take well over 20h. 52/70.

Play guard too, it's good.
>>
>>336881207
That would actually be just fine desu, every time /v/'s talked about a reboot it's either taking it even deeper down into hardcore future racing or going in a new direction as a Captain Falcon game
>>
>>336880727
OH SHIT WADDUP
>>
Nobody cares about single-player games in 2016. If your shit doesn't have an MP mode you can bet it's going to flop hard.
>>
Controls are beatiful and fun.
People are fucking spoiled or just keep parroting the reviewers because they are retarded.
Replayability is guaranteed. It gets better each time you play, because you keep mastering the controls. The game is supposed to be mastered.
BUT, the game as a whole is not perfect by any means at all. It is way too short, and it could've been milked very easily. I don't know why they didn't just add 5 more levels with the same models.
I also think that while the voice acting was great it was also lacking. The game lacked a lot of shit, but GOOD CONTROLS ARE NOT something that it lacked, controls are really good and are actually a strong point about the game. Unless you're a sheep or haven't even played that game,that is.
If it had twice as much of content I would be very very happy.
>>
File: 1415198638396.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1415198638396.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
Most levels aren't as replayable as I would like them to be. I feel like 64 is a much easier game to pick up and play through whenever you want.

And that's all the game needs to fail to make it utter shit in my eyes.
>>
File: autisticolympics.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
autisticolympics.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>336875497
dude assault multiplayer was the shit. some of the best 4 player splitscreen action I've ever had.
>>
I still love it. c:
>>
>>336870639
>No Krystal
Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: yifferific.png (329 KB, 751x314) Image search: [Google]
yifferific.png
329 KB, 751x314
>>336870639
Everyone is talking about Fox in Space more than this shit
>>
Can anyone actually name few games past 2010 that had staying power to live in public mind more than a year? I can only think of Skyrim
>>
>>336877397
I finished my first entire playthrough without parrying ONCE.

Wherever it tells you to parry in the tutorial must have been extremely fucking brief.

Unlocking all the trophies after learning how to parry was ez pz.
>>
its has the best starwolf theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsfc-ZRP9AU
>>
>>336876250
no, W101 is actually a good game.

SF0 is incredibly disappointing. Took me 10 hours to 100%, music isnt good, half the medals take no skill and are just shit like "let this enemy live" or "go to this part of the level and it will magically appear", it has LESS levels than 64, doesnt have multiplayer besides some garbage mode where two people control the arwing, all bosses are piss easy and unimaginative design, andross has no brain

W101 was long, had loads content, game was actually challenging to the point I'm, still trying to pure platinum it, music was great.

Dont even dare to compare the two just because some people complain about the controls. They have NOTHING in common besides being developed by platinum. In fact, They may as well still have nothing in common since W101 is a Kamiya game and he's in a whole other league compared to the ret of Platinum Studios
>>
>>336884449
*fewer not less
>>
>>336883448
That picture is fucking hideous.
All I need to think you are utter shit in my mind.
>>
>>336884235
lol no it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avG-ibaS-9k
>>
>>336884880
assault a shit

garbage in comparison
>>
>>336884984
Not even, if there's one thing Assault did right, it was the soundtrack. All of it is gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COXgujyJCRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3-Q43VZ9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGCZaZEcR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX-B979l3HQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmasTdCqfLY
>>
>>336876683
>charge full prcie for it
It's $50
>>
>>336870639
you know what this game could benifit from, data logues.
like more info on the planets like Zoness.
Didn't Falco come from Zoness at one point in the series?
>>
>>336885935
Yeah, I believe thew guide for 64 said Zoness was his home world, which explains why he's so bummed out on that level
>>
>>336883916
i loved the way it was animated though. shame it had to suck.
>>
>>336886019

I think the game could have done better with more story content, I mean people were starved for a starfox game, focusing so much on game play seems to have hurt them in the long run. Feels like they had to cut things out because levels may have been to hard for the game play to be what they wanted.
>>
>>336883776
Seconded, it was the game's strongest point.
>>
That describes all modern games. Gaming isn't something that is remembered and loved any more, it's disposable clusterfuck pseudo-games that you play once or twice and forget forever.

Nearly all the games I played back before gaming went to shit in the mid-90s are ones I could pick up and play again and again because THEY WERE FUN AND ENJOYABLE AND WEREN'T FUCKING BARELY INTERACTIVE MOVIE GARBAGE like today's shit.

I swear, gaming isn't even gaming any more. Fuck you kids for letting it die because you're so stupid for falling for modern gaming.
>>
File: 1461698582942.png (25 KB, 446x520) Image search: [Google]
1461698582942.png
25 KB, 446x520
>>336883916
>>
It's very hard to go back to and do another run when some stages just kill the pacing and suck a million dicks thanks Zoness
And the arcade mode is just too brief.
>>
>>336887746
what's the difference in arcade mode?
>>
>>336887746
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think you can avoid using the gyrowing entirely if you just head straight to the control panel with the Walker in Area 3. Sure, you still have to put up with awful Zoness, but at least you can go fast with the Arwing.
>>
>>336887967
you can, to get mission accomplished you have to avoid the lights with the arwing
>>
>>336887881
It's a remix of all routes put together into one continuous run, probably the best part of the game and best way to go back to it for a short session.

>>336887967
It's a requirement for mission acomplished to use the arwing and avoid the lights, doesn't make the Zoness any better of a level, just faster, it was still made with the gyrowing in mind.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.