[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman Tee-Em
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15
File: 1.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>go on a shooting and bomb massacre in Sapienza
>whole village is looking for me
>take a security guard's suit
>sit down in barbershop
>sit on my ass doing nothing
>guard approaches me
>"you must be the backup we called for, thank God you're here"
10/10

Hitman thread, post stories or bitch about the missing customization and DRM bullshit
>>
I'm playing Blood Money for the first time. It's fun but feels too easy. I get one good disguise and can go anywhere and do anything.

I got a $75k bonus just by walking around headshotting my targets.
>>
>>336848371
How far are you?
It is pretty difficult for people to see through disguises in BM, seems like it was easier for them to do so in Contracts or SA. I think the've got a good balance in the new one, where some see through and some don't, but the exploits of "blending in" are hilarious.
You can literally sit on someone you've killed and no one suspects anything.
>>
>>
>>336848371
i would say hitman games aren't too hard once you get the mechanics. it's not exactly just about killing the target.
the fun of them is the flexibility of approach, understanding the AI and level design and then experimenting and finding really efficient, funny, or generally cool ways to do missions.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (31 KB, 590x261) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
31 KB, 590x261
>>336849889
>tfw no episode 3 until late June
>tfw no elusives until weeks from now
>>
>>336849889
Fucking savage
>>
>>336848090
>Denuvo
>online required for single player game
>admits it's in early access and unifinished but sells as a completed game

Up till Absolution it was great. Absolution took some removed mechanics but the 2016 game (if it's a game, more like a demo) removed most of the mechanics from the previous games.
Other than the disguise changes, little remains.
>>
>>336850297
you don't need to buy the whole thing. they sell the separate episodes so you only pay for the content you get.
what mechanics were removed? the first thing off the top of my head is human shields but what else?
>>
File: 1462095720792.webm (351 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1462095720792.webm
351 KB, 960x540
>>336848801
>You can literally sit on someone you've killed and no one suspects anything.
>>
>>336850297
The DRM is a valid concern and it annoys the shit out of me.
I don't see how they are selling it as a complete game, it's early access. They might not say that but it should be obvious. As for the removed mechanics, the only ones I can think of is the customization and human shields. Both of which annoy me and I also wish they had BM inspired mission rankings.
Absolution isn't even a hitman game, this is.
>>
>>336850635
Yes. It's in early access and you can buy what you want but it's being sold as a "complete" game.
Human shields, noterity, inventory, agent intellignece, etc.

>>336851052
It's so they just get around the rules of Steam - if this were under greenlight/early access then there'd be automatic refunds due to the false advertising and purposely delaying releases.
>>
ELUSIVE TARGET WHEN
>>
>>336851201
What false promises?
>>
>>336849889
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>336848090
>knock out the detective
>take his outfit
>stroll into the barber shop
>"You didn't tell me your cousin is back in town..." skit plays
>I'm just a hair away from his face and they continue to ignore my existence
>they didn't bother making the detective disguise faulty when you're right next to his living, breathing, blood-relative

I'm having a jolly great time but when I get sent to offline mode where all my unlockables are stripped off me pisses me off, what were to happen when the Hitman servers finally shutoff and a consoletard like me has no way to access them?
>>
>>336851625
>what were to happen when the Hitman servers finally shutoff
we form a riot and burn their offices down
>>
>>336850160
They've been saying a few or a couple weeks for at least two weeks now.

Elusive Targets Never Ever
>>
>>336851625
Hopefully they patch in all the content to be offline when that happens.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6b-VmmHo78
>>
>>336852771
Impressive
>>
>>336852771
https://youtu.be/QVAF6xfVQG8
>>
>no ratings except "silent assassin"
>can't throw guns
>no difficulty setting

explain to me again how this is 'return to form'?
>>
>>336854181
yes
>>
>>336852771
i really hate Diana butting in all the time. i know my fucking objectives, bitch
>>
>>336853950
Nice. I can never manage that pistol shot to the virus though myself..

>>336854181
>Big open levels compared to Abomination
>Story isn't horrible and beating you over the head
>it's fun
>>
>>336854181
>Has a few flaws
>This means it's not a return to form in general
That's dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>336850820
i actually though the guard was 47.
>>
are they seriously charging 10$ for one fucking level?
>>
>>336854574
yep
>>
File: -.png (18 KB, 630x100) Image search: [Google]
-.png
18 KB, 630x100
>>336854574
>>
>>336854181
Sandbox levels where you can approach the hit from any angle you want and has a huge variety of available methods. Story doesn't intrude on the missions, nothing like Absolution having cutscenes mid-mission, checkpoints that reset the level, assassinations completed in cutscenes (or worse, assassinations failed during a cutscene).
>>
>>336854407
Use instinct to highlight the virus, should be easy enough to do with M + KB but if you're on console or your preference is a controller, then it might take a bit of effort to do this on your first try.
>>
>>336854803
never heard of it
>>
>>336854829
I've disabled that shit man.
The only thing I haven't disabled is the Mini-map
>>
File: 1405703056775.jpg (41 KB, 391x386) Image search: [Google]
1405703056775.jpg
41 KB, 391x386
>>336854952
>never heard of it
>>
>>336854952
It's bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDQEFMxyfhs
>>
>>336854952
Somehow, I doubt that.
>>
how many levels did BM have?
>>
>>336849889
Holy shit Sam Brown should just delete his facebook account after this fucking mauling.
>>
>>336849889
how unprofessional
>>
>>336855196
Eleven full levels, one linear tutorial, one shootout level.
>>
>>336855309
>>336855427
So they're charging double for the same amount of content?
>>
>>336854803
I get that, but I've gotten 100 hours out of these two. Maybe that's more than most people will, but it was worth it for how much I got. And besides I paid 45$ I think in total, that's like 7.50 a level.

>>336855309
Incorrect, it had 11 levels + Death of a Showman and Requiem
>>
>>336855473
The levels are much bigger, idiot

>hurr, I'm on /v/ and I'm MAD
>>
>>336855473
The levels so far has been like three times the size of an average BM level
>>
>>336855625
I never played blood money I'm just asking a question.
>>
>>336855473
The levels in this one are substantially larger than they were in Blood Money.
>>
File: 1.png (41 KB, 642x191) Image search: [Google]
1.png
41 KB, 642x191
>>336855603
>>
File: Capture.jpg (19 KB, 507x113) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
19 KB, 507x113
>>336855603
oh wow 100 hrs...
>>
>>336855473
That's pretty unfair as each level doesn't have the same amount of content, you can't say A New life had anywhere near as much shit to do as Sapienza
>>
>>336855186
Not everybody here dedicated their lifes to video games.
>>
>>336855775
ok
>>
>>336855309
>>336855427
JESUS CHRIST
>$60 for current hitman
>only 6 levels

what a fucking ripoff.
>>
>>336855775
Great assumption there, bud.
>>
>>336855473
no, it's a lot more content. because of the massive size of the levels, and the billion missions for each one. and the levels aren't just arbitrarily big, i'm happy to say they're actually well-designed (something seriously lacking in most big games now is actual, good level design) and facilitate a massive amount of interesting approaches to a given situation
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQpE7_cbZ4
>>
>>336855824
JESUS CHRIST
>$60 for current Grand Theft Auto
>only one level

what a fucking ripoff

I'm not saying the new Hitman is necessarily worth the price, but "number of levels" is a really stupid fucking metric here.
>>
>>336855742
Which achievement haven't you gotten yet? I still haven't found all the opportunities in Sapienza apparently.

>>336855746
Right, 100 hours in a game with 2 levels vs a complete game.
>>
>>336856054
>MGSV
>a complete game

I agree it's a retarded comparison though with MGSV having an actual multiplayer and all the shitty PF grade and FOB shit for padding
>>
>>336856054
Not in the Guidebook (Complete all Opportunities in World of Tomorrow.)
It's bugged. I think the only way to get it is to activate the opportunities system. I don't care.
>>
>>336854181

>no ratings except "silent assassin"
A bit of a shame on that part, but no one really cares for any other rank than the iconic "Silent Assassin" rank.

>can't throw guns
Now that is just nitpicking. Honestly never seen this used outside very situational problems you could get yourself into. No guide or speedrun makes use of it either.

>no difficulty setting
My guess is to keep ranking consistent among players, when they added a multiplier when you played on higher difficulties in Absolution it made lower difficulties pointless if you're aiming for highest possible grade and score. Also the game balance handles this no-difficulty option really well, and the addition of a difficulty could prove to be a problem for contracts outside the main missions and contract mode in general.

>explain to me again how this is 'return to form[']?
Well for starters, it's back to sandbox environment maps rather than Absolution's linear level design, similar to the style of some levels in Blood Money. Apart from tools hidden behind challenge unlocks, custom loadouts and planning is a lot more free and creative than ever. Same with assassinations aside some modern mechanics thrown in for players new to the franchise, but those can be turned off for our convenience.
>>
>>336855824
>Season one
>>
>>336854484
>trust nobody, not even yourself
>>
>>336856302
season 2 will cost another 60 bucks though
>>
>>336855058
Then I got no way to say you could hone this other than pray and spray and rehearsing this a gorrilion times.
>>
>>336856229
Well, one example of throwing guns being useful is when you throw your weapon over the fence in amendment xxv and then you recover it.
>>
>>336854484
>>336856372
I know this is just plain cancer but reminds me of this video from a while back https://youtu.be/hfYRfpaBwnc
>>
>>336856380
Well it's a good thing I bought the full experience then.
>>
I put 25 hours into the game so far with two main levels, I feel like I shouldn't do any more so that I don't get burnt out before the other levels come out. Doing all the challenges doesn't seem that appealing to me since after you get max mastery on a level it's just doing them for the sake of completing everything and even getting to level 20 is a bit of a grind at times.
>>
>>336856457
yeah the fact that you can place guns with pinpoint precision all around you but you can't throw them is a bit silly but hopefully they will add weapon throwing at a later time.
>>
File: 1462274587662.png (129 KB, 846x330) Image search: [Google]
1462274587662.png
129 KB, 846x330
>>336856191
That's fucking annoying, I don't really care about these things myself, but it's the little things.

Also a reminder: the USA level will take place in Hollywood and one of the targets will likely be a Tom Cruise satire, named Thomas Cross who is part of a cult called the Church of Ascendants.
>>
>>336856229
>but no one really cares for any other rank than the iconic "Silent Assassin" rank.
speak for your fucking self. the different and rare ratings like 'The Cleaner' or 'Phantom Killer' were what made me replay levels in different ways. now there's literally no reason to go on a rampage anymore. just walk the fucking line.
>>
>>336856583
the "full experience" is probably just season 1 and some weapon DLCs, brah.
>>
I really liked blood money, found absolution to be a bit of a try hard and dull and didnt play any other games. Considering getting this game.
Should I get the full game or level by level? What if I get one level and then decide to get the full game? Also cant they just start releasing "paid dlc" in the case too much people get the full game to get more money out of them too?
>>
>>336856997
if you're not a crazed fan, just wait till the game is complete.
>>
>>336856382
Well the only alternative is to sneak a sniper rifle or wait for the dongle.
My favorite method though has been putting the bomb in the bin and pulling the alarm
>>
is there a sniper rifle in the practice levels?
>>
>>336856997
I say buy the levels as they are released. That way you can just stop buying them if later levels turn out to be shit and potentially save more money that the 5 bucks people who buys the full experience saves.
>>
>>336856997
The story/atmosphere is more like BM and the level design is more like it too, but it is early access.
I don't think they are going to do paid DLC, what they will do is release all 6 levels (possibly more) as a "season" then release more the next year or so as a second "season"
>>
>>336856457
And we have the ability to stash weapons and items now via planning. I think this is a better feature considering depending on the location, it could be anything you want, the only inconvenience is the route to get there, and that isn't much of a problem considering you mostly just use this to add another item you need in your inventory or to pick up a pistol, which have more free location in the planning stage.

>>336856825
Most of those rankings just described the way you killed your target, much like how the challenges you complete tell you exactly in their title and description. The only major step back in progression is the elimination of newspaper headlines. They just moved all those extra titles as challenges. They're not gone, retard.
>>
>>336856997
Give Contracts and Death to Spies a try if you haven't already, and wait for this one to be completed or at least have some elements (missing features, always-online) fixed.
>>
>>336857112
you can shoot the stalactite over the lab too, although you'll have to get to the backside of the lab in order to do that
>>
>>336857461
did people actually like the newspaper headlines from BM? that was so lame, basically your end summary but in a "story" version.
>>
>>336857498
ohhhhh shit, never realized that
>>
>>336857112
I just walk into the lab as a scientist, fuck around with their science shit and when they're busy cleaning up after me, I turn off the fan, lower the virus' temperature walk out. It's rather easy since no one seems to find your disguise suspicious outside certain trespassing points.
>>
>>336856191
>I think the only way to get it is to activate the opportunities system
Pretty sure that's it. Since you need the opportunity system on to get the details about every single opportunity as they don't get automatically filled in if you do them with Opportunities off. The achievement might unlock once the details about all opportunities are filled in.
>>
I like absolution better
>>
I just got this game tonight, and holy shit is it just me or is Paris ridiculously hard?
It took me about an hour just to find a way up to the top floor, and security is so fucking tight. I don't recall any other Hitman level being this hard, at least not this early on.
I could just be approaching the mission in some totally ass backward way, of course. Also I'm playing with oppertunities off.
>>
>>336857963
garrote yourself

>>336857965
You could get upstairs in a tux if you find a IAGO invitation in one of the bathrooms
>>
>>336857965
all the hitman games seemed hard for me at the beginning. I usually like to kill everyone and just walk around the level to study it, but it is actually harder to do in this game, since fighting enemies hand to hand doesn't knock them out.
>>
>>336857593
This one doesn't really have ratings, newspaper, or end-of-mission statistics like prior ones did. It's pretty much just a score, the only thing close to a recap/statistic you get is "how many non-targets were killed," and also "did you get spotted" (but not how many times/how many witnesses, nothing like bullets fired, if you left your suit/personal weapons on the level, etc). I think if any one of those things were returned it would go a long way to stopping the complaints about this. Score directly says one playstyle (Silent Assassin) is ideal and the rest are bad, previous games weren't perfect about this but even the elements that discouraged noisy strategies (notoriety, lessened payouts) were at least sort of immersive.

>>336857965
I literally would have gotten SA on my first Paris try if I had been using subdues instead of kills (long story), and did on my second try. Also not using opportunities. Not sure what you're doing wrong. You might be acting overly cautiously. Also, take the lockpick instead of the fiber wire, the fiber wire is useless.
Have you beaten Paris yet, if so, what was your strategy, if not, what have you done up till now?
>>
>>336858282
>fighting enemies hand to hand doesn't knock them out

just equip some expired spaghetti bro

my personal favorite knock out cold method is throwing cannon balls straight in their face though
>>
>>336855387
sam brown spotted
get destroyed faget
>>
>>336857965
you just gotta get used to it. once you understand the mechanics, the AI, and know the level better, it's not too hard to do that stuff.
though yeah it does sort of just throw you right into the complex stuff.
and the opportunities won't make a big impact on difficulty imo. having them on just makes it so when you hear npcs talking about some certain things that could be useful to you, it'll tell you, and then you can "track" that opportunity. but it's not hard to do that yourself with the notifications turned off. i think it's just on for people who aren't used to that kind of observational gameplay.
just watch a video of someone doing some cool quick run through the level. you don't have to watch the whole thing of course, but just seeing someone really good navigate the level will probably be enough for you to "get" the better ways to do things.
>>
>>336858361
lockpick is completely useless in Paris.
Go downstairs and get the palace staff disguise in the locker room, in the basement there is a master key to the whole place. while you are down there don't forget to turn off the cameras.
>>
>>336858126
...Fuck. Figures that the single bathroom I didn.t bother to investigate would have something like that, and I just spent an hour trying to climb around the building and scavenge any little disguise I could from like the 2 unguarded npcs.
Well, thanks anon.

>>336858361
Basically, I went around to the left first and grabbed the waiter when he goes by the cars. Then I cased the basement and found the recipe, poisoned the first target and killed him in the bathroom.
Then I subdued the guard by the shed through the window and got his disguise, and after that I couldn't find anywhere up to the auction floor until I climbed around the perimeter for like an hour until I noticed the obvious drainage pipes up. Now I'm trying to find a way to kill target 2, I know I need to get into her laptop and am looking for the key.
>>
>>336858687
I know how you feel, I kept taking out that one lady who goes in the other one for her invite. I honestly feel they shouldn't have put that there, makes it too easy to infiltrate once you find it.
Maybe they could have made it where she puts it down for a minute or two and you could grab it from the window or something.
Anyways, once you get upstairs look to the door immediately on your right. You'll be trespassing when you walk through it, but some how nobody will notice you slip in.
>>
>>336858683
Lockpicking the outside door to the basement was how I got down there in my first playthrough. But yeah, once you know the level it's not really that useful. For someone just starting I figured it would be helpful without being a spoiler.

>>336858687
You don't NEED to get into her laptop, there's other ways to do it. The spoilers here are actual spoilerish hints, by the way, but aren't explicit outlines on how to do anything:
The laptop dongle is in a pretty well guarded spot.
One point of interest that helps with Dahlia is her room, specifically her bathroom.

What disguise are you wearing on the third floor?
>>
>>336848090
The new hitman is like the latest splintercell, its all about speed running making it a shit game.
>>
File: Marrakesh.jpg (929 KB, 1558x963) Image search: [Google]
Marrakesh.jpg
929 KB, 1558x963
>>
>>336859065
>>336859113
K, thanks for the advice.
My current disguise is just the top floor security outfit, which I got by throwing a wrench at a guy's head around the corner on the balcony.
>>
File: 20160507113035_1.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160507113035_1.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Without checking, do you remember the names of the Paris and Sapienza levels?
>>
>>336859118
How? I spent well over 40 mins in Sapienza and still achieved Silent Assassin. The timer is a little wonky but I assure you it was longer than it rated. And I remember getting an even longer time in Paris.

While most Splinter Cell games especially Blacklist, you could beat them in times under 5-10 minutes.
>>
>>336859118
How is this more speedrun friendly than Blood Money?
>>
>>336859508
The Showstopper and World of Tomorrow.
>>
>>336859508
Showstopper
World of Tomorrow
Kinda curious of what the next level is gonna be called.
>>
>>336859508
Showstopper and World of Tomorrow.. I think..
>>
>>336859330
God it looks great, I can imagine how heavy the security is inside

>>336859508
yes
>>
>>336859508
Showstopper and World of Tomorrow. I still don't get the name for World of Tomorrow.

Also Freeform Training and Final Test
>>
>>336859585
>Cucksole
>>
File: 8.jpg (4 MB, 4488x3130) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
4 MB, 4488x3130
>>
>>336860376
Where is this from?
>>
>>336860530
https://www.gamereactor.dk/magcover/eu/HIT_Mag_.PDF
>>
RITORNARE
>>
>>336860376
>not being a Loose Cannon
Its like you niggers hate fun.
>>
>>336861030
That's enough out of you.
Give me your gun and your badge. I'm sick of your attitude Polowski.
>>
>>336860763
>RITORNARE
https://youtu.be/bdp4SeeEUv0
>>
>>336861427
but he gets the job done though
>>
>>336861546
We can't have a guy like you running around screwing things up. I've been on the force for 800 years, and I'm retiring 5 minutes from now. I'll take care of it myself.
Gonna try and do it quick though, my daughter's graduation ceremony/wedding is 6 minutes from now.

Something something paperwork
>>
>>336861493
These specific songs were top notch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL5ULmX9Bww

I kind of liked the normal ambience music too, but it still doesn't get close to Blood Money's musical masterpiece.
>>
>>336860763
I PUT 47 SPICES IN THE PASTA
>>
going to buy the total experience tomorrow on xbox one

can you get a lot of playtime out of the 2 currently available missions?
>>
>>336862176
Out of all the content currently available? I'd say I put in more than 20 hours so far. Just two missions alone without coming back to them at all and not the additional content? 2-5 hours.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (67 KB, 996x525) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
67 KB, 996x525
>>336862176
>can you get a lot of playtime out of the 2 currently available missions?
Technically there's three if you include the final test, though its a small one. But to answer your question, that will depend on how much you enjoy playing around in the sandbox of the levels and seeing the different ways you can fuck shit up. IF you only want to play each level until you complete it once and move on then this game will give you 2-3 hours tops in its current state, and probably 6-8 once its finished.
>>
>>336862176
If you're a completionist or like messing around yeah.
If you're a one and done type of guy no.
>>
>>336862536
>>336862579

i like taking my time and to use different ways to complete the levels.

It's why i enjoyed Blood Money (and the few levels of Absolution i played) so much.

But yeah,seems like it's a good fit for me.
>>
File: fafdm.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
fafdm.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
>You can snipe the back end of the telescope from the church across town
>It goes all the way through the telescope and through his eye

Fucking rad.
>>
>>336862876
Is the normal Jaeger usable for it or do you have to use the loud as fuck Lancer version to penetrate the glass?
>>
https://youtu.be/B7lXyFPQpnk
>>
>>336862997
Either works.
It doesn't move and its a pretty big target.
You know when to shoot because his eye gets magnified
>>
>>336855742

How?
>>
>>336863156
Man, what the hell. They're going to have to give the Lancer something to make it worth using over the normal sniper then, because the 2x zoom isn't worth it since I already have a mouse, but half the fucking map will come running if I fire a shot from it. Including mansion guards trespassing into the clock tower only to then complain about ME trespassing.

Also another thing they need to fix is killing somebody with the silenced sniper making the guards come check your exact fucking location when nobody heard a thing, they just saw somebody drop dead.
>>
fuck the hexagon protocol, must infuriating escalation yet
>>
Does anyone know where to find the laser Deactivator in the Mandelbulb Requiem?
It's literally impossible to get the one in the security room at level 5, anyone know where else to look?
>>
>>336866854
Start in the attic, go down the ladder right by where you spawn, and there'll be a safe (use lockpick) in the corner of the room at the bottom.
>>
>>336866940
thank you!
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.