[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poise in Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Dark-Souls-III-6.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-III-6.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Do you think they will ever switch poise on in DS3?
Or is it too late and we are just going to have to live without it?

How much would PvE and PvP change if it was enabled?
>>
>>336764594
Turning it on will help make slow weapon and Magic builds viable do it really needs to happen.
>>
Without it the armor is kinda useless right now.
>>
It's embarrassing that they can't get a stat as important as poise to work.
Game is incomplete until it's turned on.
>>
>>336764594
Both PVE and PVP are a joke without Poise.
Also makes armor literally meaningless.
You need to add it right away.
Fucking japs
>>
>>336764594
nice meme bro
>>
PvE will be even more of a joke with poise.
>>
>>336766142
I dont follow.
>>
>having a stat that does literally nothing

gg from
>>
File: 102.gif (1 MB, 327x274) Image search: [Google]
102.gif
1 MB, 327x274
>>
>>336766142
It's literally turned off. Change one value in the code and it works basically the same as in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>336766068
>we dont want i-frames bound to a stat
>fast roll at 100%
>hitboxes simply disappear right after impact
>infite stamina wombo combo putting drake keepers to shame
>no poise no matter what. if the first or second swing of a combo connects you are dead
>hp is binary. either you have full or none.
>>
File: Deja Vu.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Deja Vu.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336766415
>>
>>336765997
It would work, but poise is literally turned off in the files for players.
They even left in the Wolf Ring which does nothing now. Makes me wonder how rushed the decision to disable poise was.
>>
It would let me use other weapons besides the dark sword, since I'm a minmaxing casual and there's no better damage source than a quick straight sword with lower stamina, higher AR than any other weapon, and insta stun per hit.
>>
>>336764594
If they keep it off, they need to remove the stat
>>
>>336765997
Why? So you can poise backstab with your havels?

>b-but muh heavy weapons!

Heavy weapons are perfectly viable against spammy "op" longswords, katanas, and estocs.

All of them have superarmor (aka FUCKING POISE) at the end of their attacks and light weapons do not. That means if you know they're about to attack, you can time your attack at to coincide with theirs and you will win the trade

EVERY TIME
AND you get to follow-up with a SECOND ATTACK

Not to mention many heavy weapons like the farron gs, exile gs, vordt hammer, etc, all have special attacks that punish the fuck out of r1 spammers. That's not even including the fact that you can ALWAYS parry the 3rd swing if they go for it and punish with your 1 shot heavy weapon riposte.

If you think having no poise is at all gamebreaking for heavy weapons you literally need to git gud.
>>
>>336767083
Its a stat that should be in the game. Its not.
This is a bug that needs to be fixed, not a balancing issue.
>>
>>336767083
>tfw fucking up people as a finger invader with the dragon slayer great axe
jesus, it feels good.
>>
>>336767206
That is not your argument at all and you know it.

You just want your poise back so you can be a havelshitter for the 3rd time again.
>>
>>336767417
You're retarded.
>>
>>336767417
>stat shown in stat menu
>doesn't do anything whetever you increase it or decrease it because it is deactivated by the devs
>stat remains shown in the stat menu
>this is somehow good game design
>>
>>336767083
>useless items
>useless armor
>useless stat that shows up in your character menu that you think has a purpose until you look it up and find out that it's just actually useless
>not figuratively useless but literally useless
>it was kept in the game
>you wonder why
>some idiot on 4chan starts ranting about how you only want it back because blah blah projections
>>
>>336767083
I absolutely hate dark souls pvp. Being invaded is fun, summoning people to fight bosses is fun
min maxing a build and only using the most bullshit weapons and arena fight people is fucking stupid.

I will never understand this obsession with the pvp in these games that aren't even focused or really concerned about pvp
and all you fuckers want poise to be off because it will ruin pvp. Well good! fuck you pvp fags, choke on a dick
I would rather have the game be fun forever when it inevitably goes offline than be fun for a few scythe cock suckers now
>>
File: exile_greatsword[1].png (17 KB, 187x293) Image search: [Google]
exile_greatsword[1].png
17 KB, 187x293
>>336767506
Cry more, baddie. How does it feel that you actually have to care about enemy attacks?

>>336767613
It's obviously because they didn't know if removing poise would be good or not for the PVP meta. Spoilers: It fucking is
I'm all for removing the stat from view completely though. It doesn't belong in this game at all.
>>
Poise has been "turned off"? It was on at some point? They're turning it on eventually? I'm so confused.
I was planning on making a heavy miracle character is that a bad idea or something?
>>
>>336767613
>>336767815
Just ignore the PvPshitters, let them get bored and go back to their Dark Souls 2 nostalgia circlejerk threads
>>
>>336767937
Yeah its a bad idea, go get yourself a dark sword, what are you an idiot or something??
>>
I know poise being turned on will be a good thing for big weapon builds and casters, but I have to think Sacred Flame Havel memesters will be big.
>>
File: Oh thank fuUUUUUUUUUU.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Oh thank fuUUUUUUUUUU.webm
3 MB, 853x480
What I want to know is why the cunt devs completely disregard the character I built.
>Choose greatshield with high stability and stamina to back it.
>Boss takes a swing.
>Stamina goes down just below half.
>Character goes into some stupid fucking backflip animation that leaves me completely open for a second hit, which of course the boss fucking takes.
I literally played the game by your fucking rules, FROM, and you still cheat.

This shit is as bad as the Pursuer being able to animation cancel when he sees you healing.
>>
>>336767972
Good post, pve is so dumb amiright! anyone want to do some jolly coop? XD
>>
>>336767937
They put poise in the game and added poise items and all sorts of stuff, then they just turned the value off completely and left it like that. It's really baffling and looks like an extremely lazy thing to do.

It's like building big water fountain in the park that has signs around saying PLEASE DRINK THIS DELICIOUS WATER, but no water comes out when you turn it on. Then, when you complain about it not doing what it's supposed to do and question why it's even there and even propose removing it, people go YEAH WELL ONLY SHITTERS NEED WATER
>>
>>336768047
hey man welcome to dark souls! xD heres a tip: get good and try rolling and not blocking a huge giant with a big weapon
>>
>>336768047
A lot of enemies get infinite poise and stability during some animations. You know those little dragon assholes at Dragonarch with the daggers? Their backdash animation has infinite poise. I did a fully charged R2 with an ultra greatsword and pegged him when he dashes backwards, and he just took the damage but didn't flinch at all.

The enemies are purposefully designed to break the system and cheat sometimes.
>>
>>336768214
Except I took know damage from his swing, save for the 15% lightning damage that slips through the shield, which means the block clearly fucking "worked".
>>
>Point out an obvious oversight by the developers
>Dork Souls fanboys storm in saying "git gud"
Its like im on a twitch chat.
>>
>>336767998
Looks like it

>>336768160
That's really weird, will poise ever come back?
>>
File: giggleo-310x205[1].jpg (26 KB, 310x205) Image search: [Google]
giggleo-310x205[1].jpg
26 KB, 310x205
>>336767910
>>336767815
>>336767613
>>336767506
>>336766068
>>336765997

>all these buttdevastated havelbabbies

Oh god this is glorious. This makes up 100% for every santiers/poisetanking/healing/1-shot backstabbers in the last 2 games.

I would be assmad too desu, if my go-to crutch meta was suddenly gone and I had to actually gidgud to win
>>
>>336764594
Actually poise will break a whole lot of weapons.

What I really just want is, enough poise for FULL ARMORS to at least poise through 1 slash/stab from a fucking small weapon.

Not after 2 hits.
>>
>>336767083

There's more to the game than fucking PvP. I'm tired of getting staggered by freaking rats.
>>
>>336767937
Yes please get yourself a dark sword like >>336767937 suggested. I absolutely love 1 shot riposting dark sword shitters with my Fume
>>
>>336768328
We don't know if it'll come back or not. From is keeping their mouth shut, especially because it looks unprofessional.

>>336768336
So, you're basically saying that anything that isn't pure DEX rapier light armor is bad. Okay.
>>
I wont make another thread so I'll post in here.

I accidentally fucked up and lost against Alva twice on my SL30 build now he wont spawn again. Is it over for me, what can I do to get to spawn him to defeat him to get his set?
>>
>>336768402

>poise will break weapons

not really, you just can't r1 spam anymore

plus why the fuck should a rat be able to stun me out of swinging a weapon if I have full havels on
>>
>>336768336
yeah instead we have a lot of interesting builds like
Light armored dudes with
Stunlocking daggers
Stunlocking Swords
Stunlocking maces
Stunlocking greatswords
Everyone using the invisible roll ring or long reach weapons
Fun builds huh?
>>
>>336768515
>So, you're basically saying that anything that isn't pure DEX rapier light armor is bad. Okay.

That is literally the exact opposite of what he's saying. Go fuck yourself.

Like hah holy shit you are so gay.
>>
Demon's Souls didn't have poise. I know you're all PCcucks who have only ever played the DkS games (I bet there are literally some of you who started the fucking series with the abomination that is DkS2 lel), but poise is not a necessary game mechanic nor is it the staple of the Souls series that you all make it out to be. Maybe you should learn to get good.
>>
Armour is really pointless.

What I don't understand is why it's both pointless and heavy as fuck. If they want it to be cosmetic just make it work like bloodborne. If they want it to be heavy then make it useful.

Don't make it heavy as fuck and useless so if I want to wear it I have to dump points into a trash stat.
>>
>Try to host a world for Blue Sentinels and Dark Moons while I AFK in camo
>2nd Dark moon is a player called "Trusty Patches" who literally does nothing but reveal my location and gets me killed

As if Blue Phantoms weren't fucked enough as is
>>
>>336768047
>trying to block a grab attack
Are yout stupid? That never worked.
>>
>>336768336
I see you hate fun
>>
File: Preserverence.webm (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Preserverence.webm
1 MB, 853x480
I get the feeling that they eventually tried both systems in place and decided that hyper armor creates a better balance

it does
>>
>>336768336
You sound like someone who uses an estoc build
>>
>>336768667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRswclEJ_Gk

Best Dark Souls video.
>>
File: 1816.gif (173 KB, 629x558) Image search: [Google]
1816.gif
173 KB, 629x558
Can someone explain to me this poise complaint because if I get this right it's the fact that your shield is useless now and everything makes you stagger because they wanted the combat to be like bloodbourne but they kept shields in as to not piss off DS fans?..
>>
Don't need poise. Game is fine. Pvp is at its best.

Hyper armor still exists and is the pinnacle of balance between larger slower weapons and quicker weapons.
Poise is a worthless stat that shouldn't ever have been in the game.
>>
>>336768542
I was talking more inline about pvp actually.
>>
>>336768718
Then why does the Wolf Ring exist? They removed completely modelled armor for whatever reason. Why not remove the ring since it does literally nothing?
>>
>>336768823

Poise is supposed to be the stat that governs how difficult you are to stagger/interrupt your action. If it actually worked properly a guy wearing heavy armor wouldn't get his attacks interrupted by fucking rats.
>>
Those hacks at from tried to make a shitty blodborne clone to make up for not porting it to PC and ended up ruinig the remains of Dark souls.
bravo miyazaki. you can just tells by the visuals alone that DaS3 tries desperately to be Bloodborne.
Even playing the game makes me wish i was playing bloodborne instead
I dont even own a PS4 and i get this feeling.
>>
>>336768908
they had it during testing probably

and might as well put it because of artorias fags
>>
>>336768642

DeS didn't have hyper aggressive rats, plus you could toggle out of stuns.

DeS had its fair share of other problems, like LMAO2kat and grasses.

>>336768718

Why not have both?

Why should a rat hit me out of a swing when I have full armor on?

Either remove the stat and change the items that affect it or re-enable it. Shit is ridiculous.

>>336768823

Poise, as seen in Dark Souls 1, was a stat that let you get hit without flinching/getting staggered. It was like an invisible stamina bar. The more poise, the bigger the bar.

Heavier armor had more poise and thus you could take heavier/more hits and not flinch. If your poise was too low you could get stunned by ANYTHING in one hit. The dogs during the Capra demon fight are a notable example of this.

In Dark Souls 3 this system is implemented but literally turned off. Anything stuns you in one hit, regardless of how heavy your armor is or how high your poise stat is.
>>
>>336768976
But it does literally nothing.
>>
>>336768985
>Why should a rat hit me out of a swing when I have full armor on?
because rat bites normally can chew through steel, and those are just normal rats

now think about them bigger
>>
>>336768880

literally no one cares about pvp

adding poise wouldn't change a whole lot except force estoc/dark sword shitters to not rely on stunlocks.

You guys are acting like it wouldn't improve build variety.
>>
>>336769052
like I said they had it around once, just never bothered removing it
>>
>>336768557
>>336768515

Who said anything about Dex? Every build benefits from having no poise. The only build that poise benefits is R1 spammers or shitters who fish for backstabs.

As for >stunlocking
If 2 hits counts as stunlocking, you're a complete shitter and further reaffirms why having no poise is such a great thing.
>"oh no i'm stuck for two hits! whatever the fuck will i do?"
>parry the 3rd hit
>nope
>roll attack and follow up with my own hit
>nope
>double roll and heal
>nope
>"i know, i'll cry about it on /v/ and complain that no poise is literally what's getting me rekt every time!"

>>336768642
Fucking this.
>>
>>336768976
>hide a ring that does nothing behind 30 fucking Grass blades
It shows that the decision to disable poise was either really rushed or poorly thought out, otherwise they would have changed the rings effect.
>>
>>336768642
Yeah I loved having armor being completely useless in DeS, too.
>>
Are you fuckers really telling other to git gud because they are asking for a stat that is fully in the game to be turned on? Its not like its 100% missing from the game. In fact, its the opposite. poise is already in the game with a place on the stat screen dedicated to it and on all armor. As well as a ring that only gives poise. Its just not turned on.

I dont fucking understand how retarded you have to be when you get upset that others complain about this obvious issue.
>>
its funny how people say omg poise will prevent r1 even though the exact opposite happened in das1

the meta went from poise stabs, to poise tanking with super heavy r1 weapons like falchions, to spears

like really if you dont know what you are talking about then quit spewing out wrong opinions

you are literally niggers

yoou know what will prevent r1 spam? your dumb ass getting good, parrying such an easy to counter tactic, and actually timing your attacks and learning proper spacing
>>
Its funny that ARMOR doest give proper poise, but things like black Knight sword battle art gives the proper thing, albeit for just 3 seconds
>>
>>336768671
It wasn't a grab, it was a swing. I was fighting King of the Storm.
>>
>>336769081

>wearing full havels
>wolf ring+2
>start swinging
>a rat bumps its head into me
>somehow I get stunned

lolk
>>
>>336769146
>literally no one cares about pvp
That's not what I see here. At least don't lie.
>>
>>336768642
Now I know the DkS2babbies lack brains, but here's the thing: the problem isn't that poise isn't in the game, the problem is that poise as a stat exists in the game, is visible to the player, has items specifically made to increase it, but does absolutely nothing. It's lazy, misleading and just makes From Soft look bad to leave it in the game despite it having no purpose.
>>
>>336768503
>I'm tired of getting staggered by freaking rats

then stop getting hit? block their attacks then attack? git gud?
>>
>>336768718
I agree that hyper armor does fine for weapons, but armor is still completely fucked up. If they're going to remove poise, they need to remove armor weight, too. Having both is stupid because it makes fashion souls even harder.
>>
>>336769237
Some people are desperate at the prospect of their shit bug abuse getting nerfed, that they derail the thread with an uncalled for discussion

Those threads should be about the fucking bug, not a discussion about poise
>>
File: 1459411433667.png (856 KB, 736x672) Image search: [Google]
1459411433667.png
856 KB, 736x672
>>336769242
too bad no one will ever listen to you

they only care about their roleplaying pve masturbation instead of the true end game
>>
>>336769337

or they could enable the stat.
>>
>>336769287
dark souls 2 is literally and objectively better than das and des
>>
>>336769481
or you could not be shit.

also they will never enable it, they turned it off for a reason. you think from is gonna listen to a bunch of braindead babbies who cant handle rats?
>>
>"Hey guys. Do you ever think they will fix this very obvious and harmful bug?"
>"fucking git gud you havelshitter go back to DaS

oh /v/
>>
>>336766568
>dojaaayan~
>>
>>336764594
I hope so. Getting stunlocked by NPCs fucking sucks. I don't really care so much about smaller, faster weapons like swords and daggers but....Getting hitstunned by a black knight and then seeing yourself fly up into the air with 800 damage fucking sucks. Getting comboed by massive ass swords, hammers, and whatnot is soul crushing.
>>
>all these faggots saying "git gud"
Jesus fuck , kill yourselfs my men.

>>336769657
>>336769657
LIterally this.
>>
>>336769081
>normally
I thought it was only during distress?
>>
>>336769146
>You guys are acting like it wouldn't improve build variety.

It wouldn't. It would replace easily-parryable straight-sword, estoc shitters with backstab fishers. But why am I even replying to you?

>literally no one cares about pvp
You're nothing but a casual.
>>
>>336769151
Then why didn't they remove the ring to so there wouldn't be a ring that does literally nothing?
>>
>>336769772
Im pretty sure you being around is pretty distressful

>>336769816
gotta collect them all M8
>>
Anybody feel like PvP balance has influenced the game design too much? I give zero fucks about PvP, for me DaS1 has always been a primarily single player game with some light MP. Nerfing magic and heavy weapons has really killed my enjoyment of this game since I can't go in depth will all the crazy builds that were viable in DaS1 & 2. In DaS3 it's straight sword or nothing in single player.
>>
>>336769657
>"Wahhhh why do you guys want PvP to be based around actual skill, pls give me back my ezmode from ;_;"
t. guy who never played dark souls pre-1.06
>>
>>336769392
Dark Souls isn't an MMO, the majority of the game with the most effort and care put into it is the main game with PvP being an afterthought. If you're looking for a competitive focused game, there's dozens of better choices available to you.
>>
>>336769657
>obvious and harmful bug

hun there hasnt been das1 poise in any game besides das1

its not in because poise was a terrible mechanic for both pve and pvp
>>
>>336769913
>Actual skill
>spaming R1 stunlocks is now considered skill.
Never change /v/
>>
Hyperarmor is superior to poise for PVP balance. The absence of poise fucks up PVE, though; being staggered in one hit makes dogs the most threatening enemy in the game, and there's a few staggers from strong enemies (Darkwraiths, Black Knights) that can fuck you up beyond belief.

It's like you motherfuckers don't remember Hollow Warrior Waistcloth: The Meta. Being staggered by any attack outside of hyperarmor and perseverance rewards players for thinking and spacing instead of facetanking R1s just to outrade.
You you image what Dark Souls 3 PVP would be like with poise. It would be literally nothing but people fastrolling in full Havel's with straight swords, trying to out-R1 the opponent's poise, and spear and halberd users trying to counter them.
>>
>>336769915
its not even competitive

its just fun and keeps people playing

having das1 poise back would make it alot less fun and 100% havel dagger poise fags
>>
>>336765304
Slow weapons already get hyper armour to make up for it.
>>
>>336769993
>The absence of poise fucks up PVE

lmao no
>>
>>336769156
>If 2 hits counts as stunlocking, you're a complete shitter and further reaffirms why having no poise is such a great thing.

It is stunlocking when you can't do shit about those 2 hit you fucking idiot.
>>
ITT: People who dont know how to deal with poise.
Its funny how they call other shitters when they never knew how to deal with dem poisefags.
Fuck off dexshitters.
>>
Was poise turned off from launch, or is this a recent patch thing?
>>
>>336769879
Same here, anon. I've always played this for single player, with invasions being a spice to make things more interesting. Playing Soulsborne for PvP is laughable, given its incredibly low skill ceiling. I guess the shitters that can't into fighting games have this as their only solace.
>>
>>336768047
Instead of adapting to challenges, you want challenges to adapt to you? What are you, twelve?
>>
File: 1462565051214.png (376 KB, 1024x946) Image search: [Google]
1462565051214.png
376 KB, 1024x946
http://www.strawpoll.me/10148720
>>
>>336769915
You have no idea what you're talking about. Online play was THE thing that was emphasized in the original Demon's Souls ads and reviews and it's still the single most defining feature of the series. Just because japs can't code for shit does not mean the online play is tacked on like some shitty AAA title. It's at the core of the series even from a lore perspective.
>>
>People taking Souls pvp seriously when they have the worst netcode in history.
kek
>>
>>336770184
From launch.
>>
>poise is nonexistent
>makes armor entirely worthless
>makes equipment load worhless
>make vit stat worthless
>lol havelshitter who case if it makes all these shit worthless
>>
>>336770030
No one in this entire thread has said "I want DaS1 poise back", they just want the stat to either not exist or to at least have a purpose. There is absolutely no way to defend the stat existing but having no use. That's lazy, shitty game design. Either cut it out entirely and rework all of the equipment related to it or at least give the stat some use like extended hyper armor windows or boosted poise against enemies only.
>>
>>336770412
>>makes armor entirely worthless
defense
>>makes equipment load worthless
fashion
>>make vit stat worthless
fashion
>>
>>336770035

They shouldn't fucking have hyper armor, it should just be poise.
>>
>>336764594
The Japs are aware.

We have to wait and see.

No-one knows yet.
>>
File: 6uiHAsy.png (360 KB, 681x318) Image search: [Google]
6uiHAsy.png
360 KB, 681x318
>>336770412
Its just one faggot spamming the thread
>>
>>336770482
>defense
The damage reduction armour provides might as well be negligible.
>>
>>336770482
But how much does defense really matter?
>>
>>336770482
>defense
Heavy armor is worthless for defense in this game
>fashion
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: SmF2WVbL[1].jpg (18 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
SmF2WVbL[1].jpg
18 KB, 360x360
>>336770120
>can't do shit about those 2 hit

How about...not getting hit?
Parrying?
Reading the swing and backstabbing?
Time your hit so it stuffs theirs and follow-up with your own two hits?

>"waaah i can't do shit! I'm pressing buttons!" Is literally the mentality of DSP and while you aren't that big of a manchild, goddam are you sounding like one right now.
>>
>>336770482
>Vit stat
>fashion
>Mentioning Fashion souls when they ahve the most horrid armor designs in Dark souls history
Jesus fuck dude , Really? literally everything in the fucking game is le edgy ragged clothing and cloaks.
>>
File: i feel kind of bad.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
i feel kind of bad.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>336764594

I think it would help a lot. It's in the game and doesn't do anything. I'm tired of tiny daggers from enemies staggering me when I'm trying to great sword them.
>>
>>336770214
I want the game to follow it's own fucking rules.
>>
>>336770572
>>336770592

You get a flat damage reduction from your stats (a lot of it from vitality) but armor only provides a percentage reduction after that so going from 10% reduction to say 25% in heavier armor is not really significant.
>>
>>336770617
And I suppose you finished the game without getting hit a single time
>>
>>336768718
Godhand Build?
>>
Friendly reminder that after the DWGR nerf the DkS1 pvp meta moved away from poise stacking. Towards the end, when people were actually becoming legitimately skilled, most people didn't even bother stacking enough poise for even the normal greatsword breakpoint. Dex/pyro builds that hit the katana breakpoint but no more were considered the most popular/optimal. If you still need your poise crutch it literally, unironically means you never got truly gud.
>>
>>336770592
a lot. even just being able to tank one hit, even barely, is a lot . it only gets better with more vigor as well

>>336770615
not true
>Go fuck yourself

havel shitter detected. time to git gud!

>>336770625
nice meme. tons of great, clean armors in the game. alva, drang, fire witch, elite knight, knight, etc.
>>
>>336769968
Who says DaSIII poise is anything like DaS1 poise?
>>
>>336770739
nah I just keep cestus around for shits and giggles

I mostly use The astora GS
>>
>>336770641
use hyper armor and stop getting staggered
>>
>>336770617
How about allowing me to wear heavy equipment and pose through those attack like a motherfucking tank that I wish to be?

>less is good
>just play it this way

Parrying, backstabbing, and poise endurance.
Why can't I have all these 3 options?
>>
>>336770739
No point in DaS3, you might be able to smack off half their health but there's no reach and you can't punish them enough to capitalise on the speed.
>>
>>336770814
the people who have turned it on by CE

like really dude
>>
Should I go with crystal or raw weapons with an int build?
>>
>>336770918
I wasn't aware
>>
>>336770787
All of the new Dark souls 3 Armor is Over designed edgy shit except those from Dark souls 2 and 1.
>Fire witch
>not overdesigned with rehashed katana knight helmet from Iron keep.
>>
>>336770881
>less is good

often times less is good, so i dont know what your trying to say here. a bunch of dumb shit that bloats the game is not good

if you want to tank, use a greatshield. they are extremely overpowered in this game
>>
>>336770389
yeah i tried but after 5 fucking games you'll still hit someone and have it do literally nothing, i cant stand it.
>>
>>336770389
Its sad that I agree with you when its my favorite competitive multiplayer and I take it too seriously.
>>
>>336770993
not to mention they gave sword arts to certain heavy weapons to REDUCE damage and have strong hyper armor in the first place
>>
>>336770993
>just use a greatshield :)
Why should he have to? There's a stat in the game that's supposed to allow him to tank without one.
>>
File: BxKwX0UIAAA7mPI[1].jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BxKwX0UIAAA7mPI[1].jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>336770713
In PVP? Obviously I get hit. Everyone gets hit. It's how you deal with getting hit that determines whether you win or lose.

I've been shit on many times by straight sword and estoc users, but most have something in common, which is that they rely too heavily on the first two hits to win fights. So if they commit to a 3rd, guess what they get parried and riposted.

And I'll tell you what, I STILL get beaten by longsword/estoc users, but those users aren't commiting to more than 2 attacks, have good spacing, time their attacks to beat out mine, and are wary of my attacks and habits and punish accordingly. AKA they're not "stunlocking".

It's painfully obvious you get shit on in pvp because you think if someone is mashing R1 you literally can't do anything about it, and if this were any other game I'd feel sorry for you.
But I don't.
git gud
>>
>>336770932
Crystal is always good unless you intend to buff your weapon all the time.
Raw might not even be the right answer for buffing anyway, just meeting the minimum requirements sometimes makes refined better.
>>
File: 1372386262708.jpg (22 KB, 512x308) Image search: [Google]
1372386262708.jpg
22 KB, 512x308
>>336771102
>WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO USE TANK EQUIPMENT TO TANK OMG WHAT THE FUCK FROM WHY CANT I JUST TANK A HIT FROM A 2 TON SWORD??????
>>
>>336770881
All I see is
>waaaaaaah why can't you just let me poise backstab!
>I wanna win I wanna win I wanna win
>let me have the thing that lets me win!

And it's making me hard. Like seriously, I fucking love you right now. People like you make PVP in this game great.
>>
>>336770993
That is not the case here anon.

>a bunch of dumb shit that bloats the game is not good
Yeah right.

You do realize that because of poise is nonexistent a lot of shit in this game become useless shit right?
This game currently have serious lack of content and builds. Turning of poise, making some stat useless, making more equipment worhtless etc isn't really helping it.
>>
>>336769968
DaS2 had DaS1 poise, but the passive regen when not getting hit was so small that staggers were guaranteed with enough potshots over the course of a fight.
>>
>>336770857

>just use hyper armor!

not all of us want to use heavy weapons.
>>
>>336770787
VIT and equipment load existing solely for cosmetic purposes is retarded, you are retarded. Heavier armor is completely worthless in this game compared to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 where it actually boosted your defense by a noticeable amount, the only reason to level VIT in this game is if you want to use a greatshield. "le fashion souls xD" doesn't mean shit unless you're the kind of retard to watch and care about youtube/twitch garbage. This has nothing to do with the poise argument, this is entirely about the defense increase on heavy armor being worthless compared to past games.
>>
>>336771229
>heavy armor with loads of poise
>not tank equipment

?????
>>
>>336771238
Wait what?
Why are you putting words in my mouth?
All I want is an another option to play this game.

Also, poise is not that fucking OP.
Especially for 70 ~ 80 SL where I have to sacrifice a lot of points into vit and a couple of ring slot just to have the weight load below 70%.
>>
>mfw DaS2 poise works better than DaS1 poise
lol
>>
>>336771319
use a greatshield
>>
>>336769590

The solution to the problem isn't to run away from it, it's to deal with it.

You don't deal with poise being a useless stat by not getting hit. You deal with it by either turning it back on or outright removing it.

As of right now heavy armor is useless. They offer poise but since poise doesn't work there's no reason to wear them and invest in the stats or rings to wear them.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for you to grasp.
>>
>>336771353
Heavy armor was not viable in Demon's Souls, the fuck are you talking about? The only two armor sets than anyone used was Ancient King's and Binded Cross and both were light. Heavy armor was also only popular in Dark Souls because of poise. Defense has always been a worthless stat in Souls games. Why do you think Resistance was such a joke stat in DkS1?
>>
>>336770750
Isn't that due to an exploit that lets people break out of hitstun by weapon switching? It acts as a substitute for poise.
>>
>>336764594
Git gud and learn how to use hyper armor scrub, ive been using a greataxe shitting on straight sword scrubs for days now. I only have enough stamina for two swings, and thats all it takes most die in two to three hits anyway. Protip the hyper armor doesnt activate immediately its midswing.
>>
>>336771392
>All I want is an another option to play this game.

The only option enabled by allowing poise in this game is havelshitting.

My answer to you is to get used to gitting gud, because Fromsoft is finally forcing you to.

But don't gitgud yet though, eating up poise shitters is literally the most fun I've had in souls PVP in a while.
>>
File: 1371514922061.jpg (20 KB, 166x303) Image search: [Google]
1371514922061.jpg
20 KB, 166x303
>>336771353
>Heavier armor is completely worthless in this game compared to Demon's Souls

lmao!!!

>>336771279
>You do realize that because of poise is nonexistent a lot of shit in this game become useless shit right?

please man shut the fuck up, poise makes any slow weapon literally unusable. this game has the best starting balance of any souls game, shit like gs and ugs are actually usable.

if you wanna argue with me, learn your shit.

>>336771319
if you are using fast weapons then you have zero excuse, they are braindead easy to use. they are so fast and quick they just stunlock pretty much every enemy in the game. git gud

>>336771375
>IM WEARING A GIANT ROCK
>WHY WHY AM I LOOSING MY BALANCE WHEN THIS GIANT RAT ATTACKED ME?????????????????????

>>336771618
>The solution to the problem isn't to run away from it, it's to deal with it.

thats literally what you are doing though. you are shit at the game, and are running away from getting good and crying to from to give you an insta win mechanic. git gud
>>
>>336770041
>wearing full Havels with a Wolf Ring +2 and being stunlocked to death by rats is somehow acceptable
>>
>>336768336
Sounds like someone still has a sore asshole from DaS1.
>>
>>336769810

>if they reenable poise suddenly everyone would stack poise, yup everyone. every single person would do this one thing.

I don't care about PvP because I'm not some autist who can't deal with the thought of a disabled stat suddenly breaking muh meta.

If anything PvP is extremely casualized now anyway.
>>
>>336767083
You do realize that since heavy weapons have hyper armor, poise would actually benefit lighter weapons a lot too, right? Because hyper armor's more powerful than poise and lighter weapons don't get any of it.
>>
>>336770389
>people defending a stat literally being turned off when it is viewable to the player and items that further increase said stat

kek
>>
>>336771741
>
>>336771764

case in point
>>
>>336771753
>getting punished for being attacked without utilizing hyper armor is bad

i recommend you go play an older game like castlevania. it will help you not be so shit at video games
>>
File: 1460904056207.jpg (56 KB, 368x469) Image search: [Google]
1460904056207.jpg
56 KB, 368x469
>>336771678
You really seem triggered by the so called poiseshitters.
Did they bully you back in DaS1?
Were they mean to you?
Relax , its all over now.
>>
>sacrifice speed and mobility for the ability to tank hits
>you can't actually tank hits and just sacrifice speed and mobility for nothing
>sounds suspicious
>make a complaint
>WOW YOU SHITTER LEARN TO PLAY POISE IS A CRUTCH
Okay.
>>
>>336771779
>>if they reenable poise suddenly everyone would stack poise, yup everyone. every single person would do this one thing.

they would. das1 proved this. you have no argument here kido

>>336771846
>bad, braindead mechanic is removed
>WOW NICE SORE ASSHOLE ;_;

weak bait desu
>>
>>336771839
But im all in for adding poise.
I was just pointing out the butt blasted pvp fags that keep screaming "git gud" "havelshitter" and "poise fags" , but i think its just one sameposter who had a really bad time getting bullied by people on forest PVP or Oolacile and he is letting it all out.
>>
>>336771779

>if they reenable poise suddenly everyone would stack poise, yup everyone. every single person would do this one thing.

That's literally what everyone did. In any souls game that offered poise as an alternative to gitting gud. Only Demon Souls and DS3 have been free of shitters who rely on poise.

But again.
>If anything PvP is extremely casualized now anyway.
No, it's back to it's old roots, which is dodging, spacing and reads. Git gud or get fucked shitter.
>>
>>336766568
How do I get good at parrying?
>>
>>336770641
>hornet ring just lets people kill people in one hit

why can't From ever balance anything. They had to nerf the Hornet Ring before yet the "A Team" goes ahead and makes it retarded again.
>>
>>336771979
Pray to get matched with someone from your country.
>>
>>336771678
>The only option enabled by allowing poise in this game is havelshitting.

No its not.
It would take a lot of shit to wear Havel and roll effectively in this game.
Vit have shitty lbs increase per stat and you'll need to invest a shitton amount of stat to make it noticeable.
Havel ring only give you a measly %15 extra weight and that other ring gives you a meager amount.
>>
>>336771950
>>336771963
>I never played SotfS
>>
>>336771764
Not really, I just don't like how having one armor set suddenly turns the game into a backstab-fishing contest.

SO glad that it's gone. Can't say the same for you though :^)
>>
>>336770739
hand to hand is beyond dogshit in DaS3
>>
how incompetent can a AAA company be to leave a fucking stat in the game's menu when the stat is nonexistent? I've never played DS3 but my friends were explaining to me poise in DS3 and I've never heard of anything more stupid.
>>
>>336771851
Is literally your only argument for an actually useless game mechanic "get gud"? Because that's what it really sounds like.

I've been lightrolling since fucking DeS, I'm working on an SL1 playthrough of DaS3 right now, but naw, everyone who thinks the current poise situation is even sort of dumb is a havelbabby megashitter.
>>
>>336771741
>please man shut the fuck up, poise makes any slow weapon literally unusable

How the fuck did you come up with that conclusion?

>this game has the best starting balance of any souls game, shit like gs and ugs are actually usable.

Holy shit, how can you say that with a straight face? I've dropped UGS when I reach cathedral, shit is unbearable.
>>
>>336772058
>backstabs in DS3 PvP

no amount of poise would make it possible, play the game
>>
>>336771741

>LOL GIT GUD GIT GUD GIT GUD

Is that your solution for everything?

I get that you're a fucking idiot but you're missing my point and everyone else's.

You're so focused on the side game of PvP that you completely forget that PvE, the main aspect of the game. You forget that there's a stat that literally does nothing. It performs zero functions. Increasing poise through rings or sacrificing stats to wear heavy armor is a sham. A mistake.

The solution for that isn't in our ability to play the game. Enabling poise gives incentive to wear heavy armor and makes spellcasting safer.

Why am I even arguing with you you're a PvP shitter, it sounds like if they add poise you'd be forced to "git gud" and you can't deal with that.
>>
File: washing_pole.png (13 KB, 188x286) Image search: [Google]
washing_pole.png
13 KB, 188x286
>hey guys whats going on in this thread?
>>
>>336771632
I don't follow the competitive PvP meta in the series, but in the main game it actually had a use and reduced damage significantly. When I was a shitter who couldn't dodge things consistently in Demon's, heavy armor gave me the additional defense I needed to get past certain parts of the game. When I went through poison swamps in Dark Souls 1 & 2, wearing poison resistance gear helped reduce the buildup significantly. When doing low SL runs, Havels let me facetank Four Kings like a retard, poise alone doesn't keep you alive like that. In 3, I can wear anything and it won't even matter.
>>
>>336772021
>It would take a lot of shit to wear Havel and roll effectively in this game

That's not what poise-shitting is all about. Poise shitting is not giving a rat's ass about rolling and just tanking 3 hits while fishing for that backstab/spamming r1 to death.

Which simply having the armor will let you do. Light-rolling is a bonus if you can get it, but poise abuse has always been possible with any build.
>>
>>336771851
>everyone uses heavy weapons

Great argument, I'm glad you can objectively look at something literally broken and blame the player. From should turn off Estus Flask Shards, I mean the game says you have more than 3 Estus', but you can't actually use more than 3.

What, you need more than 3 Estus? Git gud.
>>
>>336772180
>PvE

who cares about easy mode
>>
>>336765304
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
Poise and Heavy weapons were tacked on as useless side content so people wouldn't realize they just wanted to make Bloodborne 2
>>
>>336771941
>sacrifice speed and mobility
literally nobody does this

literally nobody will ever do this

all poise does is warp the entire focus of the game around getting as much poise as possible while maintaining quick movement speed instead of actual skillful things like spacing and hit timing. nobody fucking settled for fatrolling in dark souls 1, where poise was actually crucial. they minmaxed to the point where they were tanking ultra greatsword hits while cartwheeling around like a faggot and pvp was unbearably casualized as a result. i genuinely don't see how anyone who played dark souls before and after poise was nerfed could argue in favor of it, the game fucking flourished once it was no longer viable to stack 76 poise on every single build.
>>
>Make poise only work for PvE and make it dwindle like in Dark Souls 2
Now everyone is happy and people can be "tanks" again
>>
>>336772258
Please explain.
>>
>>336772193
I use this and if poise got put back to how it was in ds1 then everyone would jump on this weapon. Sounds awful.
>>
File: 1439330523409.png (524 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
1439330523409.png
524 KB, 600x568
>>336769185
Or just play NG+1 and get wolf ring+1 literally right next to the farron keep bonfire
>>
File: 4zCaHfc[1].png (171 KB, 281x326) Image search: [Google]
4zCaHfc[1].png
171 KB, 281x326
>>336772180

>IS GIT GUD THE SOLUTION TO EVERYTHING?

I think you know the answer to that one.
>>
>>336772084
Probably because the "A Team" are a bunch of retards who instead of taking an ALREADY GOOD POISE SYSTEM from DaS2 they just threw it out the window and decided to go with the DaS1 Poise system that everyone hated. They probably remembered everyone hated it and turned it off last minute.
>>
You could bring back poise but just make it less effective, with a lower break limit / cumulative hit limit or some shit. It doesn't have to be a binary "Literally useless" vs "Havel backstab fishing" thing.

Christ.
>>
>>336772253

>who cares about 99% of the game

>>336772395

Shh, you'll confuse the pvp shitters who are threatened by the thought of having to learn something new.
>>
File: 1442791917630.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1442791917630.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>336771741
>please man shut the fuck up, poise makes any slow weapon literally unusable. this game has the best starting balance of any souls game, shit like gs and ugs are actually usable.

LOL! Do you even know how to fucking hyper armor? UGS are strong as fuck if you aren't a retard.
>>
File: 124577.jpg (67 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
124577.jpg
67 KB, 500x485
>>336764594
It needs to be turned on, but they need to be careful with it, because if they bring it back like DaS1 it'll spawn a lot of poise stabbing faggots, hopefully it'll be like DaS2, and big ass swords will break your poise even if you're wearing havels.
Not likely, but they should fix their dual wielding too, and maybe add a powerstance, the game needs a lot more variety.
>>
>>336772440
>>>who cares about 99% of the game
more like 10% of the game

you just do pve to get gear for pvp
>>
>>336771994
Even better is you can instant parry into it. Again. For the third. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>336771994
it doesnt unless people have 27 vig

>>336772057
sotfs didnt have das1 style poise so i have no idea what you are trying to say here.

>>336772108
>Is literally your only argument for an actually useless game mechanic "get gud"?

ive explained why its bad non stop in this thread but you refuse to listen. you are wrong. its all there is to it. you dong a sl1 run isnt some amazing feat that turns you into a god who knows everything about the games mechanics

>>336772121
How the fuck did you come up with that conclusion?

i actually play these games and played das1. das3 has das1 poise when enabled. you can already backstab punish heavy weapons without poise in this game.

you see, unlike you, im actually informed about the game.

>Holy shit, how can you say that with a straight face? I've dropped UGS when I reach cathedral

cool, you are terrible at the game. there are tons of playthrough on YouTube that have people using ugs making the games pve a complete joke. why are you trying to argue with me again?

>>336772180
>this entire post

heavy armor having das1 poise gives no incentitive at all to wear light armor

but with this system armor gives much higer defenses than light armor

git gud

>>336772252
dude if you cant handle this game with easy mode shit like katanas and shit then i dont know what to tell you. you can literally spam r1 and nothing can touch you
>>
>>336772486
All they had to do was carbon copy DaSII's Poise system and that would have been it. You know, that "shit" Souls game that everyone thinks has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>336771994
Don't get parried.
>>
Are you people going to ignore the fact that poise was a buggy non-functional stat in Dark Souls 2 as well? It was in Bloodborne when they literally removed such a thing and added some very rare hyper armor, but not nearly as noticeable as the one in DaS3.

I think they just gave up in trying to balance the fucking stat. Proof of this is with the poise values of the armor pieces themselves. They were severely reduced, so that you couldn't stack poise as easy as in DaS1.

I'm guessing they realized it made no sense to have poise when heavy weapons already had super good hyper armor, and that fast weapons would benefit from poise more so than anyone else. Do you REALLY want to fight estoc shitters with poise? Or katanafags, or straight swordfags?

With that said, though, just like in DaS2 the stat is visible for the player, but doesn't do anything. THAT is a problem. They should remove any trace of it at this point. And yes, this means the wolf ring and heavy armor will probably remain useless at all times.
>>
>>336772258
Fast weapons would have literally no pressure on slow weapons if poise existed.
The only reason they can even compete is because hyper armor starts too late into the attack to use while someone is hugging your nuts.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 725x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 725x728
>>336770235
>>336770235
>>336770235
>>336770235
>>336770235
Remember to vote.
16 to 4 in favor of turning poise on.
>>
>>336772514

at that point just use a mule save file

>>336772558

>git gud

holy shit learn a new phrase and learn to read.

There is incentive to wear light armor if you want to, you know, do a build that relies on stat investment in things other than equip load.

Poise would open up a different kind of build.

Literally more options.

And no, this system gives shit all defense when you're wearing heavier armor. Armor was most useful in Dark Souls 1, fucking worthless in DS2 besides poise.
>>
File: 1452609366706.png (176 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1452609366706.png
176 KB, 458x438
>>336772440
pvp shitters already learned new things, like how to mash r1 and stun lock you with quick weapons, or to use hyper armor and tank through your hit. those old dogs learned new tricks you just fucking suck
>>
How do you people win 4v1 gank squads full of straight swords? Without using a specific build to counter it actually. Need some tips.
>>
>>336772550
>instant parry
More shitter talk. No parry is instant. In fact, it's easily punishable with a backstab.
>>
>>336772761
>Poise would open up a different kind of build.
Give some examples.

>>336772763
>Stunlock
After two hits you have a free action.
If they're mashing then call out with a parry.
If they aren't mashing then you aren't playing Dark Souls 3 with people
>>
File: 1452328949397.png (2 MB, 1107x982) Image search: [Google]
1452328949397.png
2 MB, 1107x982
>>336772352
>Ring that does nothing +1
Thanks Miyazaki
>>
>>336772770
You don't. Unless you have a great opening and the gankers are even more inept than usual
>>
>>336772558
Yeah you don't know what to tell me because you're a fucking moron. You actually think it's fine for a stat to be turned off when everything in the game tells the player otherwise because you happen to not like the Poise system. This would a completely different story if the Poise stat didn't exist, and the game didn't have items that say they increase your Poise. You are blatantly defending broken game design.

Maybe you need to git gud and learn how to dance around Poise stacking faggots and poke them to death.

>>
>>336772867
Really? I thought by the way people were talking here, it's as though they always win gank squads that know what they are doing.
>>
>>336772770
Lure, separate, destroy.

Watch Oroboro's vids. He's the master of the anti-gank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBn_1GALRs
>>
>>336772761
>There is incentive to wear light armor if you want to, you know, do a build that relies on stat investment in things other than equip load.

but theres not. the sl meta at current in 120

for the strongest build in the game, at sl 100 you already have 39/31/40/40, and for the next 20 stats you can just dump into vit

then you get havels, rofap.

theres literally no reason to use light armor at that point

git gud

>Poise would open up a different kind of build.

why do you keep repeating this? its been proven that poise ruins build diversity ever since the beginning of das1. YOU ARE WRONG, you have no evidence to back this claim up, and I have all the evidence to prove you wrong
>>
Biggest bullshit thing about no poise, is a parry shield required for pvp without it
>>
>>336772579
>that "shit" Souls game that everyone thinks has no redeeming qualities
>that "shit" Souls game that /v/ thinks has no redeeming qualities
FTFY
>>
>>336772084
>how incompetent can a AAA company be to leave a fucking stat in the game's menu when the stat is nonexistent?

Happened multiple times in the Final Fantasy series. 6 with magic evasion and and 7 with spirit.
>>
>>336772638
>DS2 had nonfunctional poise
fucking what, it had working poise and the best system for that matter
>>
>>336772949
Caestus is the new meta man
Instant parry frames to counter stunlock weapon spam, skill optional
>>
>>336773070
No, it was wonky and retarded as hell. It barely ever worked and even when it did it would take three years for your poise to regenerate again.
>>
>>336772891
>Yeah you don't know what to tell me because you're a fucking moron.

lmao ive been proving you dumbasses wrong since the begining of the thread, and this is all you can say?

git gud man, your embarrassing yourself lmao

>Maybe you need to git gud and learn how to dance around Poise stacking faggots and poke them to death

so you admit that poise stacking just evolves into an anti meta of spears? thanks for admitting you are full of shit
>>
>>336772770

If poise were enabled this wouldn't be a big problem, just do what that other anon said and git gud

>>336772763

Wonderful, now the game became a heavy weapon shitfest. All this no poise is great!

>>336772845

Magic builds for one since you wouldn't get poked out of a spell instantly by a fucking dagger. Tank builds. Literally anything other than light armor + straight sword/UGS.

As of right now anything can hit you out of casting a spell. It's frustrating as shit.

>B-B-BUT GIT GUD NO ONE PLAYS MAGIC THEY ALL RESPEC OR OR OR

>>336772945

>sl 120 meta

Yeah because absolutely no one plays at lower levels, nope. No one. No one would think to stick to a lower level that actually has builds instead of jack of all trades that SL 120 offers.

Everyone already uses the same build.

>no reason to use light armor

Do you even play the game? Heavy armor is worthless.

>Poise would open up a different kind of build

DS1 had tons of diversity, just because you were a shitter doesn't mean it wasn't there.

It would incentivize heavy armor instead of making it useless.
>>
>>336772395
Poise is already less effective because it's calculated with %based diminishing returns. It has a hard cap of 100 no matter what new armor/rings they put into the game.

Also, the main problem is that faster weapons have a higher DPS and probably higher poise damage per second as well, so adding poise back into the game would ironically fuck over heavy weapon users.
>>
>>336772638
>poise was a buggy non-functional stat in Dark Souls 2
That's a lie though, poise worked with smaller weapons, and not against rolling or running attacks because of the poise damage multiplier (usually x3 or x2,75 poise damage), it worked well, and it was a lot better than DaS1's, because you couldn't poise through a two handed greatsword, that would make PvP broken.
>>
>>336773238

You got 50something poise for the greatsword poisebreak or 77 for the ultra greatsword poisebreak, anything else was just fashion souls.
>>
>>336772936
>>336772936
They win ganks because they ARE the ganks. They know fully that they can't seed pop and huddle around invader spawns if poise were turned on, even with the multitude of advantages they have already
>>
>>336773169
it worked exactly as intended

can easily ignore dogs and other annoying enemies

can not tank an UGS to the face

can not ignore prologned small attacks

hundred times better than such systems, or lack thereof, in any other game
>>
>>336773206

>proving

The only thing you're proving is that you're a child who thinks glaring flaws and bugs in game design are acceptable and that the fault lies in the user.
>>
>>336773336
>and it was a lot better than DaS1's, because you couldn't poise through a two handed greatsword
Yes you could, retardo. That was even more common than poison through a longsword.
>>
>>336772945
>bring back poise
>Add Flynn's ccck ring
>Staggers more easilly the lower your equip load

There I fixed it
>>
>>336772330
Using slower techniques like ultra weapons and magic dont require more poise. Ultra weapons have hyper armor during their attacks which is the only time it matters. If you think otherwise then just use ironflesh and get all the poise you need. Soreceries/Pyro/Miracles all have insane damage potential with added range as a plus. If you catch an enemy off gaurd you can potentially take half or all your opponents health off from far away. But honestly the only useful magic has been the cheap shit from past games. Dark bead, black flame flame swathe, dark resonant, etc. But now days all those spells have been nerfed pretty hard, and sorry to say but poise wont prevent someone from rolling through your ebin sunlight spear or oh so cool homing crystals. The only spell I see really catching people is the clasic chaos orb tactic, but thats because of prediction. What im trying to say is that poise wont make a difference for spells because most of them can be avoided easily, and trying to use the close range ones is pointless when you could just use a normal weapon. As for ultra weapons they function the same with hyper armor in this game as they did with poise back in dark souls 1. Its all about timing your hits properly, and if you can do that then dont bother using them. Furthermore when poise was 'on' guess what people did? They walked right through your attacks amd backed stabbed you for an instant kill. And no people wont be nice enough to simply not use this tactic again if it reappears.

The real problem in this game are all the pretenders randomly mashing l2 in hopes of a free parry. Hopefully FROM doesnt have this game get dominated by parry spamming, anyone remember dark souls 2 meta? Hm?
>>
>>336773238
lower levels dont have builds either dumbshit. the best build at sl 60 is still quality estoc. i dont think you realize how broken quality is in this game. all the best armor is extremely easy to wear as well.

>If poise were enabled this wouldn't be a big problem, just do what that other anon said and git gud

as it is right now you can just stunlock people with weapons such as glaives and take out entire waves of shitters. with 5 people chasing you with poise, all poise stacked, theres literally no way to kill them. once again, you spew shit out of your mouth like a nigger.
>>
>>336773389
Not normally you idiot, not if you were stacking huge ammounts of poise, I'm talking about DaS2's system, if you didn't catch it.
>>
>>336773238
>Magic builds for one since you wouldn't get poked out of a spell instantly by a fucking dagger
You don't need poise as a magic user, try using the Obscuring ring. Casting in melee range will get you killed with poise or not because you are locked into the animation regardless, meaning free hits with bad casts and no spell would have "saved" you if you could blow through a hit

>Tank builds
Having poise will not make the viability of heavy armor much better outside of being able to take a single hit. You're still going to be taking big damage, you're still going to lose to smart play with a slow weapon and Lighter weapons will still end up being chosen over heavy because of equip load
>>
>>336773238
>DS1 had tons of diversity
Yeah, after 1.06 when poise was nerfed. Before that it was literally all family mask + giants/havels + flip ring.
>>
>>336773485
And stacking huge amounts was the only way to make it work.
>>
>>336773238
>DS1 had tons of diversity
LOL
O
L
>>
>>336773378
>bugs

???????????
>>
>>336773462

>lower levels don't have builds

retard detected

hey guys let's all play the game just like this guy
>>
>>336773454
Im never typing a response on a phone again.
>>
>>336772945
>chimping out this hard
>>
>>336766568
is farron greatsword's parry same as small shield's?
>>
>>336772937
What's his build? Quality? Also that looks like SL120.
>>
>>336773656

>stat being useless
>not a bug
>rings adding to said useless stat
>also not bugged
>enemies having poise but not you

etc
>>
>>336773546
Nope, you could have a medium/light armor and it would still work, rapiers and straight swords most of the time, and you couldn't survive a 2 handed greatsword by the way, I'm not talking about the regular greatswords like claymore, I'm talking about the Guts cosplay greatsword, maybe if you used iron flesh with havels + poise ring +2, you fucking retard.
>>
also don't forget that autosummon covenants are nonfunctional for two thirds of players
>>
>>336773691
>using arguements and facts is chimping out

good lord dude git gud

>>336773732
poise being turned off is intentional. nothing about it is a bug

the wolf ring does what its supposed to do, gives poise. since poise is turned off, it does nothing, just like it should. not a bug

enemies having poise is not a bug
>>
>>336773991
Okay yes you're technically right
>>
>>336773991
So if scaling didn't effect the weapon's damage but still increased its AR numbers that wouldn't be a bug?
>>
>>336774113
It's not a bug because the developers intentionally disabled the feature.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.