[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anyone even still playing fallout 4? are mods suppose to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27
File: ur397.jpg (38 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
ur397.jpg
38 KB, 500x303
is anyone even still playing fallout 4? are mods suppose to make me want to replay it?

bc im pretty over it to be quite honest in my opinion, family.

Are mods gonna motivate you to replay it or is fallout 4 over?
>>
I was excited for survival and playing today, got to the PA and tried to snipe from uptop only to be pelted with molotovs as soon as I poked my head and was put back in the first house in concord

And then I lost all will to play
>>
>>336751416
I can't replay it if I gave up on it in the first place. I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed/uninterested in a game.

And this guy might be the most annoying npc in history.
>>
File: 1368417815531.jpg (186 KB, 1280x724) Image search: [Google]
1368417815531.jpg
186 KB, 1280x724
Mod tools are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late to matter. Should have been out day fucking one. They left the modding community with their dicks in their hands and now everyone has moved on.

Dead fuggen game.
>>
>>336754032

>everybody's moved on
Lies. You are literally lying.
Trainwiz is working on Maxwell's World and other modders have already put out a shitton of stuff.
You're just pissing for the sake of pissing.
>>
File: 1302446263520.png (15 KB, 317x166) Image search: [Google]
1302446263520.png
15 KB, 317x166
>>336754294
What benefit is there to lie? Most of the modding community left that game in the dust. If you're insisting the community is just as strong as F:NV you're insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 960x540
>>336751416

What if I told You, /fog/ is one of the most active threads on /vg/, they've already uploaded a leak of Far Harbor, and the only reason they don't post on /v/ is because of Obsidian fanboys constantly shitposting?

Plus tons of modders always working on new shit.
But of course, neo-/v/ keeps whining about shit that's their own fault while we pull the weight.
>>
>>336754461

Do you have any proof of this? At all?
Because it seems to me like the opposite. Tragedy of the Commons, everybody moved to 4 because of the updated engine. Any mods coming for NV were already in production before 4 was announced.
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (448 KB, 866x893) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
448 KB, 866x893
>>336754745
You're beyond educating. Believe whatever you want. This is the top 16 streamers of Fallout 4 right now. Look at their viewer counts.

#1 rolling in at 104 viewers. Staggering. This game is definitely thriving.
>>
>>336751416
mods will motivate me to play fallout 4 for the first time ever in a couple of years when the game is out of beta testing
>>
Shit will spike when the DLC comes out.

Bethesda games are known for having DLC better then the actual game they're attached to
>>
waiting for GotY edition
>>
>>336754623
This.

As a constant /v/ browser you can only go to /fog/ to actually talk about Fo4. They got guides and all sorts of useful shit over there.
>>
>>336751416
I actually having a great time with the new survival mode anon. I don't think it holds a candle to previous fallouts but it is a decent shooter with rpg mechanics. I honestly think this game would have been 10 times better if they would have kept skills and created skill checks throughout the game. I miss having multiple ways to finish missions
>>
>>336754954
>104 viewers
>This game is definitely thriving.

i hope youre being sarcastic
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>>336754954

>Couldn't provide proof so he moves onto to data that's completely irrelevant

Meanwhile scavenged NCR Armor, Faction overhauls, Survival mode tweaks, weapon overhauls, Maxwell's World, Shuttering Subways and tons of other mods are coming while NV's hot new mods are pickup sound effects and adding twinkly lights on the Tops.
>>
>>336754954
No one plays Fallout 4 but the GECK just came out so lots of good Skyrim and NV modders are doing new things because of the updated engine

>>336751416
For OP, no, I played the quest line and it was so fucking boring, so dull, the NPCs are literally more robotic and fake than Codsworth, the voice acting makes me cringe, the only reason I bought the game is because mods exist.

The entire storyline is like a dumb fanfic Fallout Equestria (yes that is real) thing. The characters are boring, I played like 90% of the Institute storyline only to quit because I don't care about the story and I have no motivation to finish it.

Building stuff is pretty fun though, shame that the mechanic is so damn clunky and rushed
>>
>>336755573
>Building stuff is pretty fun though, shame that the mechanic is so damn clunky and rushed
It'll be good when we get, you know basic shit like poles and stuff from modders.
>>
File: 1374396893013.jpg (69 KB, 995x824) Image search: [Google]
1374396893013.jpg
69 KB, 995x824
>>336755454
Of fucking course I'm being sarcastic.

>>336755489
My argument was the game is dead. Part of the reason why is because the creation kit was way too late. Do you think the game is somehow better or more popular thanks to the modding tools being delayed so long?

Because arguing with me on my point is essentially making that claim.

Understand the argument before you start throwing around your worthless opinion. Nobody gives a shit if you think the modding community is active. The point was it's not NEARLY as active as it should have been. You twat.
>>
>>336755573
I so wish they let you have items clip through objects.
>>
>>336755126
>needing a guide to play fallout 4
why do you even pretend that you play video games lad?
>>
File: 1414944530363.jpg (316 KB, 1568x1579) Image search: [Google]
1414944530363.jpg
316 KB, 1568x1579
>tfw no sexout mods for FO4 because the mod tools came out too late and no one cares
>>
>>336755754
For modding and shit, don't be silly man.
>>
File: 8655298.jpg (30 KB, 600x317) Image search: [Google]
8655298.jpg
30 KB, 600x317
Reminder that Fallout 4 won 0 game awards in 2016
>>
>>336754994
this was only ever true of shivering isles
all other oblivion dlc and all fallout 3 and skyrim dlc was terrible and though bloodmoon was decent tribunal was a sign of things to come
>>
>>336755907
Point lookout was pretty good in 3, and the pit was okay.

It's not like they're bad at DLC, they just need to not make silly choices like aliens.
>>
>>336755907
Bulllshit, dragonborn dlc was way better than anything in vanilla skyrim
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1242x1481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1242x1481
>>336755725

Fallout 4 has been on the 10-12 spot on most active games on Steam now for weeks, beating The Division and having steady new content and an ACTIVE modding community. Your argument is that it's dead.

Explain.
>>
I played 20 hours and just stopped. I've never felt any desire to go back to it.
>>
>>336756025
I already did, but you've got your head up Bethesda's ass. You refuse to acknowledge that they fucked up by releasing the modding tools late. Still, even now, after this post, you still won't admit that single thing that was the focus of my entire first post. Until you address that all of your opinions are disregarded.
>>
>>336756003
honestly never bothered with it after the shitheaps that were dawnguard and hearthfire
>>336755983
the pitt was a cool concept but the execution was godawful, same goes for point lookout though kudos to them for realising that the only reason people play their games is the open world only for them to stick you in a fucking space ship for the next dlc

even for bethesda that was a really impressive fuck up
>>
>>336756025
the guy you are arguing with is right lad, releasing the modding tools so late after the games release was a major fuck up on their part and it's obvious that the only reason they did as such was so they could release a couple of poorly made, rushed add ons that wouldve been made for free by modders anyway
>>
>>336751821
Its so close to being okay too. They "want the dark souls audience" but forgotten that bonfires are placed at least vaguely conveniently between fixed enemies.

In fallout 4 you have one bad random encounter between two perilously long stretches of road and there goes 2 hours of work with no hope of recovery. At least in dark souls you have a shot to recoup your losses.

There's a challenge and there's ease and the best games strike a balance, this doesn't. It's in beta, maybe they'll tweak it. If they do, I suspect it'll be too far the other way and it'll take the teeth out of the option entirely.
>>
>>336756265

Bethesda released their modding late. The community is still alive. People aren't going to permanently leave the prospect of an improved engine over having to wait.
I think how I feel about the release date is irrelevant but yes it should've come sooner. Are you happy yet? I'm not a paid Bethesda shill.
>>
>>336756673
>People aren't going to permanently leave the prospect of an improved engine over having to wait.
At least one person did. Me. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.
>>
>>336755874
didnt it win the dice goty award?
>>
>>336756550
The thing that really annoyed me was the looting.

Repeating sections meant you had to loot all the shit over again not to mention that you can die in one hit, from any direction at any time.

The saving should be done after every 'segment' which includes a combat phase and a looting phase.
>>
File: image.png (52 KB, 101x226) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52 KB, 101x226
>>336756768

Really? Years from now when Fallout 4 has tons of mods and you're still on NV, you're going to take pride in the fact you "showed them" by not using their tools because they took too long?
Really?
>>
Bethesda always releases their modding tools months after release.

Are you all fucking 12?
>>
>>336756550
also dark souls is developed around its difficulty

the thing with survival is that a game mode that was stuck on at the end when the environments, quests and mechanics were already designed around a difficulty that would appeal to the casual gaming demographic
its part of why dust for new vegas or fwe are such broken mods whereas similar mods for stalker actually work

survival mode is more insulting than anything, as though its just pandering handwave to the hardcore audience
>>
>>336757198
and the new vegas modding community is a pretty great argument as to why thats a dumb idea
>>
File: 1433885211231.jpg (17 KB, 310x331) Image search: [Google]
1433885211231.jpg
17 KB, 310x331
>>336754461
>Most of the modding community left that game in the dust

What the fuck are you talking about?
Do you ever even go on The Nexus? There have been a ton of really great mods coming out weekly. You obviously wouldnt know about the mods because your to stupid to look yourself. Now that the Workshop is out, there is no stopping this train.
fuck outta here
>>
>>336751416
I'm still waiting for the price to drop so I can pick it up on PS4.
>>
File: 1462035000125.jpg (87 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1462035000125.jpg
87 KB, 666x666
>>336751416
Runs like ass. Looks like plastic. Bethesda can't into optimization.
Loved that smooth silky 15fps in cities. mmmmm.
>>
>>336757335
At least the looting/carry weight/needs stuff is good.

I'm just going to mod it so the combat is the same as the original and so I can quicksave.

Not sure about fast travel though
>>
>>336757692
upgrade your toaster. it ran fine for me and i'm on a goddamn 670GTX
>>
>>336757450
how?
>>
I tried to play Fallout 4 on release and I don't think I made much progress. I tried doing settlement stuff at first because that seemed kind of important, but the whole thing fell apart for me once I realized everything was going to be
>go here
>clear out area
>report back
Then I tried wandering around to find stuff that was actually entertaining, like interesting quests or locations, but I don't remember finding anything. Every quest I found ended up being
>go through dungeon
>get thing at the end
>report back to someone
Then I tried doing the main quest. I got to the quest involving Kellog, Cereal Killer, and just gave up. The fact that the Private RoboDick knew about Dogmeat somehow when I had only been bringing Piper around with me already put me off. Having to follow Dogmeat to 3 different locations just for the game to say "I GUESS HE'S NOT HERE" was not interesting, and then having him bug out because there was an enemy stuck under the road and making it so I had to reload was annoying.
Once I actually got to Mr. Cereal Man, I hated every single thing my character had to say to him because it all boiled down to "FUCK YOU WHERE'S MY SON" and I never cared. It didn't even seem like you could resolve this situation in any way other than a shootout. At this point I decided to drop the game.

The problems I had with the gameplay were the lack of any meaningful dialogue choices, the regression back to percentage based speech checks, and the awful UI which seems to be some terrible hybrid of the Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim UI and it just looks like trash, especially on the Pip-Boy. The Pip-Boy interface just looks so ugly that I hated going through the menus, and the 3D models they had in there were worse than the simple pictures of the 3/NV UI and worse than the 3D models of the Skyrim UI.

Unless there's going to be an extensive amount of good quest mods and mods to fix at least most of the problems I had with the game, I don't think I'll ever pick it up again
>>
I stopped playing when a NPC told me to clear the Super Duper Mart of ghouls. Me having just literally fast traveling from there I was confused. Ghouls weren't there when I went back. Waited a week in game, ghouls didn't respawn quest never left my quest log. Game was already getting on my nerves, anyone know how to fix that? Or did they patch it? I'm on PS4 btw.
>>
>>336758491
>playing a Bethesda game on console

Why is everyone retarded?

I like how the complaints people have with F4 is that it has things most other games dont, but it doesn't have everything *you* wanted as well.
>>
>>336751416
Fallout 4 has pretty awful writing, a horribly bland, dumbed-down "RPG" system, and a much improved "combat-loot-return" loop. I played about 100 hours of it and got my enjoyment out of the third thing, but if I were to start a new character or play through Fallout 4 again it would be to experience new choices or reexperience the greatest areas, quests, characters, etc. Except there are none.

So with about 100 hours played, there is nothing left to interest me in the game, even with mods. I could start dozens of new characters in New Vegas with different mods enabled to tweak the experience and play the same bits over again because of how varied and diverse the quests were, and how great the writing was.

So for Fallout 4, at this point I don't even care about mods. What are they going to do? Make the game look nicer? Add new weapons and armor? Tweak gunplay or loot properties? Great, but the core game is still boring. The only mods I'd be interested in playing are ones that offer new areas, characters, or quests.

Except I'm doubtful we'll be able to get much worthwhile from these sorts of mods because the entire setting is so heavily intertwined with the awful main storyline and the retarded new dialogue system with the voiced protagonist.

So in summary: I've come to the sad realization that even with mods, I have no interest in putting any more time into Fallout 4.
>>
>>336755907
>he didnt play Point Lookout
>>
>>336758957

Great. Let us who enjoy it, enjoy it in peace.
>>
>>336751416
Is angry toddposting dead?
>>
Have there been any official updates or mods that improve the horrible performance without lowering the already not so great graphics? I haven't played it after the first two weeks after release.
>>
>>336751416
It might be worth playing some time with mods in a year or two.
>>
>>336759132
You don't get to enjoy the destruction of a much beloved franchise without taking the shit for it too, you fucking faggots.

It's because of people like you we can't have nice things.
>>
>>336759206
The ini tweaks gave me about 10 fps if you haven't tried that.
>>
>>336759461

No, go away. You have Wasteland 2. Leave us alone.
>>
Why in the fuck did the take so long with the modding tools this time around?
>>
>>336759681
They wanted to implement Bethesda.net and probably were just slow on the development of the kit.
>>
>>336756768
>well, i quit waiting, so i assume the whole world left with me

Can't fault this man's ego.
>>
>>336759681
to sell the shitty dlcs like wasteland workshop and the robot one before modders could do it better for free.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 610x813) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 610x813
>>336759461
You don't get to enjoy the destruction of a much beloved native land without taking the shit for it too, you fucking faggots.

It's because of white monsters like you we can't have nice indigenous cultures
>>
>>336759865
Well they got their reserves, no taxes, and other free monies.

What do fallout fans get from bethesda for the raping?
>>
A ton of friends and colleagues of mine already had their Fallout 4 hype killed a couple months in. Even the casuals weren't happy about the content and DLC.
>>
the game is shit but your in denial if you think no one still plays this game
still one the mos tplayed games on steam and I would bet its one of the top played games on babies console systems

ur desperation to hate on this game is laughable at best
>>
>>336751416
Nope. Just as most modern games, it's pretty much a disposable single-use experience.
>>
>>336760103
new vegas
>>
>>336760196
>Almost nothing else to play
>LOL EVERYONES PLAYING ITS JUST DESPERATION PEOPLE CALLING IT SHIT

Nothing noteworthy was released before or after fallout 4 recently. Besides, Star wars battlefront was shittier tier than Fallout 4 in content.
>>
Because sexmods jackass
>>
>>336760478
That was from Black isle.

And bethesda were still complete shitheads about the whole thing, which caused it to be rushes to the point of being pretty much only 70% finished. (There's a reason Caesar's Legion seems barely fleshed out)
>>
>>336760762

That was agreed upon you person

Read the Feargus Urquhart story, they agreeeed on the 18 months because they thought they could do it with all the ready made assets
>>
File: 1459895346227.gif (1 MB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1459895346227.gif
1 MB, 680x383
>mfw I pirated it
>mfw three hours in I could tell I had done everything there was to do in the game other than progress in the story
>story turned out to be shit anyway
Thanks pirates
>>
>>336751416
I'm waiting for sex mods. That's about it. Mods can't fix the writing and dialogue.
>>
>>336755126
Such a shame that /fog/ isn't much more than waifufag cancer.
>>
is the god damn ck ever leaving "beta" or what
>>
File: 1457719499243.png (91 KB, 282x255) Image search: [Google]
1457719499243.png
91 KB, 282x255
>>336751416
>you want to opt out of survival mode? Lol well fuck you, you wont be able to go into it again
NANI?!
>>
>>336755573
>updated engine

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>336751416
I'll replay it to go through Piper romance again, that's about it
>>
>>336754623
Fah Habah has been great so far
>can fuck a robobrain
>giant harpoon gun
>evil crazy lovecraft fog everywhere
>>
File: 1462143421865.png (456 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1462143421865.png
456 KB, 804x876
>>336755573
>updated engine
>updated engine
>updated engine
>>
>>336766551
>he's the kind of person who believes the "le gamebryo engine is bad" meme
>he thinks this because he's never done anything actually related to making games and just parrots what he says on /v/
>>
File: 33.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
33.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>336754623
>Plus tons of modders always working on new shit.
new =/= good

Fallout's modding community is really terrible for all kinds of reasons.
>>
>>336766782
So is every other modding community
>>
File: 1454795933963.png (111 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1454795933963.png
111 KB, 247x248
>>336766775
>2016
>game physics tied to fps
>bethesda QA
>>
>>336759780
Well his logic is impeccable because a lot of modders did leave. Trainwiz is making his mod still I think but the rest of us aren't interested in the slightest.

>>336766775
It is bad though. Comparing Fallout 4 to other TPS or FPS games is a pretty bad joke. Comparing it to other RPGs, while not really engine related, is another joke.
>>
File: oqwWsIK.jpg (76 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
oqwWsIK.jpg
76 KB, 1200x700
>>336751416

just beat Automatron today, and built me a floating mr handy booster for legs protectron with stock male voice and personality disabled because the AI reminds me of the lost in space robot and thats NEAT
>>
>>336767065
>Bethesda doesn't do framerate independent calculations
>this is somehow the engine's fault

You really DON'T know anything about how games are made, do you
>>
>>336767541
the fact that bethesda didn't utilize the engine well doesn't change the fact that the engine is garbage
>>
>>336768026
Not really. There's nothing really wrong with the engine. You just think that because you just repeat what idiots on /v/ told you to believe. An engine is a tool, like a hammer. It's not like switching to Unreal or CryEngine would somehow magically fix all their problems, or even any of them.
>>
>>336768026
what's actually wrong with Gamebryo as an engine?
>>
>>336768026
Catherine was made on Gamebryo tho and that game turned out great
>>
>>336768026
>>336768090
>>336768163
Who cares. The implementation for every Bethesda game is shit and that's all that matters.

Stop parroting shit.
>>
>>336768343
if the implementation is shit why do you keep whining about how they need to switch engines?
>>
So wait is Fallout 4 worth playing for someone who enjoyed just exploring the vast wasteland, scavenging materials and shooting raiders in Fallout 3? I wasn't a big fan of the main quest but the game has alot of cool locations to see although the shooting mechanics could've been better.
>>
File: 1459042399853.jpg (30 KB, 334x372) Image search: [Google]
1459042399853.jpg
30 KB, 334x372
I got to level 4 and got bored
>>
>>336768412
I don't give a fuck if they switch or not, I'm not that guy.
>>
>>336768568
It's basically Fo3, the story sucks the same but there's lots to do and the combat is vastly better.
>>
>>336768568
if that's what you liked they improved both of those many times over
>>
>>336768568
combat is more rooty tooty shooty but exploration is just the same cave or building with a box full of ammo at the end of it.
>>
>>336768685
The shooting is better but the melee combat is worse.
>>
>>336769084
Melee combat's more or less same as 3.
>>
>>336769084
Agreed.

Everytime you get close you get lolhitstunned

So you have to run up, walk back a bit, then run up and strike.

It's shit.

>>336769126
No it's not.
>>
>>336769161
Yeah it is. If you're getting hitstunned learn how to time your attacks and git gud. I've an instigating machete with that eldritch blade thing and I destroy anything not in power armor.
>>
>>336769126
>>336769161
The melee has much less animations and weapon variety and you can't do it underwater or in the air. It's worse.
>>
So is vanilla Fallout 4 that bad or is it just /v/ being their usual contrarian selves?
>>
>>336769395
It's a good Action-Adventure game
It's a shithouse RPG
>>
>>336769395
It's more of the same

Which is either a good or a bad thing
>>
>>336768856
There's a lot of cool stuff to find in Boston, where NV is just sterile, 4 has this nice little clutter all around and junk placement makes sense.
I've recently played NV and most vanilla locations were practically empty, as if every raider and scavenger looted all pencils and fans and basically everything from everywhere.
>>
File: fallout_vault_boy.jpg (11 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
fallout_vault_boy.jpg
11 KB, 300x280
>>336751416
Still playing it, still fun, and you're full of shit if you have to post a thread about something you're purporting to be over.
>>
>>336769474
Just like The Witcher 3 then, huh?
>>
>>336769395
shooting shit is fun, that's it. the story and quests are horrendous. the game is just a big empty world to play fort in but nothing ever attacks your forts. mama murphy is the dumbest character since me3 ghost kid.
>>
>>336769332
>The melee has much less animations and weapon variety

More or less the same amount of animations and especially variety than 3. More if you count weapon mods.
>>
>>336757949
exactly, potato pc and console peasant complaints are not valid
>>
>>336769763
No. TW3 won all those awards for a reason.

Fallout 4 is just drab and bad.
>>
>>336769763
TW3 realizes rpg elements in the story much better than Fo4.
>>
>>336754623
>/fog/
>most active

yes its one of the most active but half of it is tripfaggotry and the other half is waifu/fetish/lizard porn mods
>>
>>336769395
Its really bad and doesn't have anything in particular going for it. Its entirely devoid of content outside the main quest, theres very little leeway in how you solve quests (either gib money or shooty shooty bang bang). For that matter theres almost no quests, its all radiant nonsense turned up to 11.

It would be a decent mindless shooter but enemy variety is lacking, there aren't a whole lot of interesting locations (the glow only has a few locations of interest and is one of the cooler areas in the game) so theres no real eye candy to the rooty tooty, Weapon variety is really bad. Some of the weapons are neat and feel good to use, but melee combat got shafted, and a solid chunk of the sandbox is pipe guns.

Whether or not its fun is up to taste but its really lacking in general and slathered in Bethesda quality.
>>
>>336769332
>much less variety

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_weapons#Melee_Weapons

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_weapons#Melee_weapons

It's actually got MORE melee weapons than 3. Take away the DLC from 3.
>>
>>336769395
nah, game's fun, don't take anyone's word for it pro or con, just look at reviews, make your own decision.

as for suggestion, if settlement sims type shit isn't your bag and killin' tons of dudes isn't your thing, then don't bother playing it.
>>
File: truck crab.webm (371 KB, 800x514) Image search: [Google]
truck crab.webm
371 KB, 800x514
One of the enemies in the new DLC is a giant hermit crab that uses a truck for a shell
>>
>>336769870
>le console meme
Played it on xbox and looked great and played just fine.
Pls kys
>>
>>336770502
>20FPS
>Fine

Neo-/v/ is a meme they said
>>
>>336770502
then the dope played it on a potato and couldn't read specs before he bought it, kill that shithead instead.
>>
>>336769952
TW3 had like 5 choices that mattered (ie changed anything) I'll give you that.
The majority of the quests however were, as far as the dialogue is concerned
>Yes
>more information
>(give more money)
>No
The execution of the majority of quest is
>track monster down
>quick background why monster is here
>kill monster
or
>check out that part of the map
>kill everything that moves
>find worthless trinket, back to questgiver
No arguing that it's a bad game, outside of the main quests it had less dialogue variety than Fallout 4, missing the sarcastic yes.
>>
>>336751416
Survival mode is actually pretty good. Only saving when using a bed is bullshit, but I think I'm getting used to it. I don't see why they went that far, I would have preferred if they just disabled manual saving to stop scumming.
>>
>>336769986
I was talking about animations. There are fewer types. Like sets.

You autist.
>>
>>336751416
they need to remove the you can only use our site for mods bullshit if they ever want people to buy it again
>>
File: 20160505235341_1.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160505235341_1.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1080
>find locked room, presumably untouched since the day of the great war

>blood stain from apparent suicide still looks fresh as the day she blew her brains out

>suicide weapon is post war pipe pistol

>jet (a post war drug) found in a drawer in this room

Just about sums up how I feel about """Fallout""" 4

mediocre fanfiction game that has nothing to do with the Fallout series.

and let's not forget

>Yes
>Sarcasm (Yes)
>Tell me more first, but Yes
>Fuck you (Yes)

>walk away but put this quest in my journal anyways for when I'm ready to tell you Yes
>>
>>336770879
Jet is prewar (even in Fallout 2 the origins didn't make sense), and pipe pistols were prewar, you even see a shot of one in a magazine. You're so stupid you don't pay attention to details, kill yourself like the woman in your screenshot.
>>
>>336769474
>>336769514
>>336769802
>>336769984
>>336770140

Looks like I'll wait for a sale then, thanks for the info lads.
>>
>>336769901
>awards do matter when it fits my argument
>awards don't matter when it doesn't
>people talking shit about location variety in F4
>80% of W3 you're running around a forest
I'll give you that The Witcher had a better story, voiceacting (for some part), athmosphere, replayability. Doesn't mean F4 is shitty in all aspects because your autism can't handle it.
>>
>>336751416
Replay? You kidding? I played the game for like 2 hours the day I got it, never played it again.
It was just.... so fucking bad.....
>>
>>336770716
Some of the side quests and main quests had inquisitive options in it, Fallout 4 does as well actually, but when it comes to choice both games come to the same 4 path one destination approach.

Pretty sure all the monster hunts were fetch quests with a slight variation, or lead to a side quest (Letho's quest).

I just think events such as the ones at Kaer Morhan are the ones that let the game shine as an RPG, it's easier to become more invested in the characters at that point.

It does irk me to no end that all the decisions carried on from previous games don't mean a damn thing, I want a decent RPG series that does this better.
>>
>>336770985
Why are you sperging out because I am right?
>>
>>336770716
>it had less dialogue variety than Fallout 4, missing the sarcastic yes.
It also had you playing as a set character with a somewhat set backstory. It makes sense that you're limited by what you can do. With Bethesda it's not since their games feature customs, yet the Sole Survivor feels less my character than Geralt did. And the point you fail to recognize is yes the monster contracts are limited, but the side quests aren't. Quests like Keira's Research, King's Maker, Tower of Mice, and Where the Cat and Wolf play have multiple outcomes. How many FO4 quests can say the same? The vast majority of quests I did were
>Go here
>Kill X
>Return
>>336771138
>It does irk me to no end that all the decisions carried on from previous games don't mean a damn thing, I want a decent RPG series that does this better.
Bioware are the only ones who are doing that at the moment. CDPR doesn't really care it's just a gimmick. Which is why it was never really advertised, I didn't even know it existed when I started.
>>
>>336769763
Why so triggered? Did you miss your bonus at Bethesda?
>>
>>336770879
>make empty presumption
>surprised some details won't add up
Jet is another word for amphetamine, there were pre-war pipe pistols (makes more sense than normal pistols since it was war time and prices from weapon manufactors were over the top due to high demand), the person could've killed herself 5 years ago also and there certainly would be more blood if she blew her brains out, on the floor and everywhere.
>>
I've already put in 300 hours
I haven't even done 20% of skyrim, and I've fucked around with mods in that game for years
>>
>>336771254
>a preset character receives a handwave even if he could decide anything and everything as he pleases
The only limitation Geralt has is that he doesn't kill innocent people. Apart from that anything goes.
>>
>>336771226
I am completely calm my friend, it seems you are the flustered one as you have no rebuttal.
>>
File: 1449053779555.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449053779555.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>>336758326
Will you do this quest?

>Quest? (Yes)
>Yes (Yes)
>No (But I'll add it to my quest journal anyway :^)
>Sarcastic (Yes)
>>
>>336771883
>open world game
>quests are on rails
bethesda needs to git gud at dynamic gameplay
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.