[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sold 45% of the Seattle mariners cuz he could give a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 18
File: 1460737016551.jpg (176 KB, 735x378) Image search: [Google]
1460737016551.jpg
176 KB, 735x378
>sold 45% of the Seattle mariners cuz he could give a shit about yamauchis legacy
>Said fuck the holiday season were switching things up
>said fuck E3 well let the tree house fuck it up

I'm going to take a wild guess but kimishima is going to let Ninty take one last loss at E3 just to show how incompetent NoA and the treehouse really are. That way when they completely fire and replace the division (except for Reggie) no one will be able to cry GG

This man has the same Yakuza/business look that yamauchi had, and Iwata lacked. Let's hope he knows what he's doing
>>
There wouldn't be any problems at NoA if NCL hadn't completely botched the Gamecube and then pulled rank, refusing to let NoA do anything outside of marketing.

Pretty much anyone with any real talent left when Iwata took over. The current state of NoA is how NCL wants it to be.
>>
>>336603727
NoA/NoE are getting restructured in June, to make them more subservient to NCL.

Shibata and Reggie are literally the low tier now, and have to answer to the low to mid tier NCL employees. It's mental, but I hope it works.
>>
>>336604757
>Shibata and Reggie are literally the low tier now
Didn't they just receive promotions?
>>
>>336604995
Promotions? No.

Look at their new titles and where they are in the chain
>>
What the fuck is NCL? Nintendo Cunt League?
>>
>>336605395
Nintendo Crossing: Leaf
>>
>>336603727
What if he's doing this for a good reason, maybe he'll take care of Reggie
>>
>>336605150
source?

google shows promotions for shibata and reggie fils a cuck
>>
>>336605646
It was a proposal in their investors meeting, discussed in May, and to be put in action in June.

Literally every NCL employee in a remote managerial role is above the presidents of NoA/E
>>
>>336604757
What does this mean? No more censorship? Please?
>>
>>336605826
>No more censorship? Please?
Lol, no NoA will still be dicks
>>
>>336605826
Potentially even more based on how some japs think everything needs to be overlocalized to hell to succeed in the west.
>>
>>336605826
Unlikely. Nintendo will still want to maintain their family friendly state in the west. It just means less retarded decisions on what to censor, so stupid script changes that serve no purpose will probably go away, the passive aggressive shit they write in games complaining about people complaining about censorship will go.

We will just be back to censoring religious symbols and MAYBE Bikinis in games that they want to be E rated.
>>
>>336606192
I just don't want anymore "localization" disasters like Fates and #FE, I hope whatever they're doing works
>>
>>336606017
Wasn't it Tabata that thought they needed to change the washtub to a bucket in the Mario and Luigi games because apparently the West doesn't know what a fucking washtub is or understand that it's funny to be hit with one, even though it was actually the west that popularized slapstick and featured characters being hit by washtubs long before the Japanese did.
>>
>>336606192
>the passive aggressive shit they write in games complaining about people complaining about censorship

This was a thing?
>>
>>336605810
Does this mean no more Pizza Hut parties at NoA?
>>
>>336605395
Nintendo Cute Lolis
>>
I really desperately want to believe Kimishima pushed everything back specifically so he can rework it all and make sure Nintendo stops fucking around with Wii style nonsense. The fact that he disliked the Wii U from the beginning is the only thing left giving me hope.

>>336606192
They should really drop the "family friendly" approach since most people dislike Nintendo for being too much of a "baby" company, but as long as they force NoA to do their fucking jobs by translating things properly, instead of rewriting shit to be silly, and actually keeping things stocked, instead of sending out a handful of things for the whole country and acting like that's enough, I can accept it.
>>
>amiibo
>phone games
>wiiu dead
>nx delayed
It's LITERALLY over.
>>
File: nintendo-55f694d7bc1f3.jpg (15 KB, 341x204) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-55f694d7bc1f3.jpg
15 KB, 341x204
>>336603727

Man I actually wish Kimishima would appear in Nintendo Directs. They could do SO much stuff with him as a straight man with deadpan demeanor.
>>
>>336603727
>Stupid Iwata san fucked us.
>had to kill him to stop his madness
>Miyamoto is stll in the game
>We stay out of scene this year
>Send CensorHouse and Reggie-kun to the crossfire at E3, a lesson for their incompetence
>we watch
>we learn
>we strike next year.

The director nintendo deserves
>>
>>336606689
Yes. Not only in Animal Crossing, but also recently in XCX where a character was saying about how someone wanted to keep everything in Japanese and was saying something like "I know where they are coming from, but still." Basically a response against the people wanting the team names to remain the same and for the mechs to be called Dolls, instead of Skell.

>>336606942
>They should really drop the "family friendly" approach

They should, but they won't. It's too ingrained in their brand in the west and any attempt at deviation from that is seen as strange and a half hearted attempt to be something they aren't. They dug their grave with it, something they will never be able to change because people operate on recursive logic. Nintendo is now kiddy company simply because they are.
>>
>>336603727
Nintendo has been pulling away from E3 for years now it's not a big event like it used to be. You can get the same information and hype out with in house announcements like Nintendo Directs for a fraction of the costs these days. It's only logical to pull away from E3, it's a press event
>>
>>336607146
I really want to know what his voice sounds like.
>>
File: aw drake.png (22 KB, 515x203) Image search: [Google]
aw drake.png
22 KB, 515x203
>>336606192
I just want them to go back to doing actual localization and not removing content.
>>
>>336607634

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxgpTYyRmNs
>>
>>336607718
Reminder that Advanced Wars was first released in the US, THEN was changed for the Japanese version. Though it's impossible to know if one was changed for a particular reason.
>>
>>336607582
>3e t-totally doesn't m-matter h-hehe
>>
>>336607734
It's not menacing as I thought it would be.
>>
>>336603727
>Yamuachi shitcans the entire Treehouse team
>demands NoA replace them with a localization team who actually knows what they are doing and who won't censor stuff
Would be a dream come true.
>>
File: 14565645485699156.jpg (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
14565645485699156.jpg
6 KB, 268x188
>>336603727
They really shouldn't have sold their stake in the Mariners. A dick move on their part.
>>
>>336607734
My guess is that he sounds a bit weak in normal talk, but is quite imposing when he's angry.

He's not the Ninty leader we need, but he is the Ninty leader we deserve.
>>
I feel like Kimishima doesn't really say much and he's just there as a figurehead while letting Miyamoto take the big decisions, because Kimishima is a businessman and not a gamer.
I really hope I'm wrong though.
>>
>>336607960
Both versions were made at the same time. There were screenshots of GB Wars Advance (the JP version of Advance Wars) before the US version was released.
>>
>>336608427

If anything they need a businessman right now. Besides, Yamauchi never touched a game in his life, ruled Nintendo with an iron fist and made it great.
>>
>>336603727
>could give a shit
I know that "couldn't care less" is a complicated enough phrase for the average retard to fuck up, but this is a whole new level of retarded
>>
>>336608259
meant to put Kimishima.
>>
I hope this all works out, I really hate what Nintendo has become for the past two decades.
>>
It's amazing how many people seem to think this is a positive development.
>NoA has more freedom to develop their own partnerships
>Nintendo64 barely loses any American market share from the SNES
>Nintendo Japan is embarrassed that the Saturn BTFO in Japan, wants to focus everything on home market
>Many at NoA don't like much of the early software for Gamecube, don't like the marketing approach, want even more freedom to handle their affairs in the West
>Nintendo Japan fears NoA going full Sega of America and starts stripping powers from NoA
>Arakawa retires, Lincoln goes to the Mariners, Ken Lobb goes to Microsoft, lots of other NoA staff leaves, and companies like Factor 5 and Rare jump ship, studios like Retro have had very high turnover persisting to the present
>Nintendo Japan sells 100 million Wii on the backs of soccer moms, granddads, and super-normies, thinks its shit doesn't stink
>Wii loses steam just 4 years in, Nintendo has no answers
>Hand NoA a terrible turd of a console with a stupid fucking name in the Wii U, irritated when it doesn't sell well
>The answer is obviously even more power for Japan
Nintendo is a joke.
>>
>>336608756
Yes. NoA ahould have more power to censor M rated games. That's a great idea that doesn't damage their image even more than it already is.
>>
>>336608427
You really don't need a "gamer" in a position like president. In fact, Iwata was something of a freak case, developers ascending to a position like that is really unnatural, which is probably why he was such an unorthodox president in general.

Kimishima is a businessman, though, and a businessman is exactly the thing Nintendo needs right now given how vulnerable they are. The fact that a bunch of stuff got delayed the moment he took office suggest to me that he is making changes, even if we haven't seen all of them just yet.
>>
>>336608756
NoJ were dicks for doing that in the past when they had no real logical reason for doing so, but it's different now. Now they actually have a reason for this shit and it's NoA fucking up localizations, Reggie fucking up getting Rare back by not letting Microsoft have the Golden Eye source code and deciding that Nintendo's image is more important then potential sales, not to mention hiring literal whore. NoJ doesn't want a potential scandal to erupt in their American office, so it's time to put their foot down because it's obvious that NoA can't handle itself worth shit.

NoJ can't either, but that's besides the point. The entire company is shit and no one man can fix it.
>>
>>336603727
BASED
>>
>>336608561
#MakeNintendoGreatAgain
>>
>>336608561
>>336609079
Gotcha. In that case, I really hope he manages to somehow save nintendo from this pit they're in.
>>
>>336608029
No you shitposting tard it doesn't matter like it did before. All companies are going to start doing the same. E3 functioned as a way for customers and the media to get details and demos of all the new games and hardware and it worked because this was before people used the Internet to get their news primarily. You had everyone gathered at one place.

Now a days you can create your own announcements and shows for your products and showcase them whenever you want not only during E3s time frame and you save money that way. E3 today is also only open to the press, customers don't get as hype about announcements at the event anymore because of it, not like they did before atleast. The pay people to clap for fucks sake

I'm not excusing Nintendo's clear lack of software but the decision to pull away from E3 makes sense
>>
come on Kimishima, make me understand!
>>
Here's how it is.
This year will be shit for Nintendo but mark my words, next year will be YOAT.
>NX
>Zelda NX/U
>Fire Emblem Warriors
>They said they're pushing it back to 2017 so that the console have a big launch lineup
>This is confirmed now by leaks that many Japanese developers are indeed making games for NX
Also Pokemon Sun/Moon are coming out in Christmas.
>>
>>336609879
I don't think Nintendo needs anything else than a few good games announced.
The problem is that their teams are small for today's standards, and they don't have that many outside developers. They try to fill the dead space with cheap, small games and mobile/amiibo shit, but that only hurts their image.
I hope the NX delay is to get it a great launch lineup
>>
>>336610610

I'd like to believe that too, but remember how Wii U started off with statements, "We have multiple third-party developers making games for Wii U!" I simply can't get my hopes for the second time.
>>
File: 1459989807794.jpg (149 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1459989807794.jpg
149 KB, 637x480
>>336610775
I remember when they were saying that Wii U would be a system for "core gamers."
>>
>>336610610
>Fire Emblem Warriors
That's a thing? As far as I know the only Fire Emblem thing related to the NX is that #FE2 is probably already in development.
>>
>>336608756

Reggie please.
>>
>>336610775
I'm almost entirely convinced that they'll have a 3D Mario at launch. After that, it doesn't take that much else to get the ball rolling
>>
>>336610775
They weren't lying, many third parties just stopped supporting it or developing their games after the Wii U's shit launch

EA pulled all support after being told to fuck off with Origin
>>
>>336610775
What it all comes down to is sales. Third party devs dropped the Wii U because it was tanking and they didn't want to bother making games for a sinking ship. If Nintendo can get their act together and make sure the NX has strong sales at launch then devs will stick around.
>>
File: 1462215522260.png (230 KB, 367x421) Image search: [Google]
1462215522260.png
230 KB, 367x421
>>336610775
>>336611069
No gives a fuck about western third parties like EA and Activision. The Japanese ones are on board and that's all that matters.
>>
>>336610923
Koei Tecmo confirmed a while ago that they are making a game for NX just after someone held a poll about what franchise would people like to get a Warriors game, Fire Emblem was one of the first places if not the first. It's pretty much confirmed now, specially considering how popular Fates and Hyrule Warriors are.
>>
>>336610610
>so that the console have a big launch lineup
>guys, the Wii U will get Destiny, GTA V and KH3 I swear
>>
>>336611280
I didn't say they were good third parties but they still were third party games so they still didn't lie
>>
>>336611069
Maybe it would have done better if the third party devs didn't
>port games people already played
>sell said old port at full price while they were already $20 or less on everything else
>make the games run like shit on Wii U with many new bugs
>cut off DLC for only the Wii U version of multiplat games
>delay a game that was going to be exclusive for months just so they could release it as a multiplat instead
>>
>people actually think the NX is going to be successful
You're all just pretending to be retarded, right?
>>
>>336605826
It means Nintendo is going to be the new Sega.

Spiteful to its foreign subsidiaries, never localizing games that aren't their three or four main properties, and doing stupid shit in its foreign markets because they literally could not give a fuck about non-japanese speakers.

Dark times ahead, unless you're Sony or Microsoft. If you're either of those two, you're probably jerking off furiously right now.
>>
>>336611968
Every Nintendo console has given Nintendo millions in profits, why would this be any different?
>>
File: YamiYugi-DK.jpg (12 KB, 318x236) Image search: [Google]
YamiYugi-DK.jpg
12 KB, 318x236
>>336611968
Anyyhing can happen if you believe in the Heart of the Cards
>>
>>336612090
I'm sure Nintendo is overjoyed with how well the Wii U did.
>>
>>336609526
pretty sure Iwata was the one that didn't allow the golden eye deal to go through
>>
Kimishima = Tywin Lannister

He's going to save Nintendo by getting rid of all of you. You won't recognise Nintendo in a few years.
>>
>>336612290
It could had preformed better but it didn't hurt them badly or anything

The Virtual Boy is an example of a failure

The Wii U isn't, it just preformed below average it still sold a good few units
>>
>>336611968
I'm not pretending anything, I literally am
>>
>>336612601
>didn't hurt them badly
kek
Figures you're a Nintendo fan. With that much delusion how could you not be?
>>
File: 1460048460421.png (184 KB, 280x269) Image search: [Google]
1460048460421.png
184 KB, 280x269
>>336612195
>learning that heart of cards was bullshit and yami just plain cheated in the jap version
>>
>>336612195
>5
How the fuck do you do this?
>>
>>336612034
>source my ass
>>
>>336612562
Is he going to die while taking a shit as well?
>>
>>336603727
This is some next level delusion
>>
File: image.gif (241 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
241 KB, 300x317
>>336603727
You will understand
>>
>>336612601
It's a disappointment, which is practically a failure. Not a Virtual Boy level failure but still a failure given they were hoping it would carry on with the momentum of the Wii.
>>
>>336612743
Care to provide any proof that Nintendo is going under because the Wii U?

Not having a good quarter and having to discontinue a product because it's doing so badly are two different things
>>
>>336612819
Look at Sega's decline. It matches Nintendo's perfectly.

Sega was also in way better shape financially than Nintendo is now when they folded.

Sega's nail in their foreign markets was when Sega of America's Tom Kalinske was demoted in an exact same fashion as what happened here.

Source: Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation
>>
>>336613134
>Sega was also in way better shape financially than Nintendo is now when they folded
Delusional Segautist spotted.
>>
>>336612960
Tatsumaki Mishima is so fierce!
>>
>>336613238
Go look it up, idiot.

Sega didn't back down from financial troubles, they backed down because their Japanese branch lost confidence in their American and European branches.

That's why they made the same console three separate times across each region with separate teams. Because none of the teams trusted each other.
>>
>>336603727
>>Said fuck the holiday season were switching things up
>>said fuck E3 well let the tree house fuck it up

Yeah, that'll blow over well. Let the PS4 go practically unchallenged.
>>
>>336613134
>Sega was also in way better financial state than Nintendo is in now when they folded

stopped reading there, you literally have no idea what you're talking about

also on a completely unrelated note to anyone who can answer if Sony is a Japanese company why are they run by westerners forgive my ignorance I don't really follow their corporate structure
>>
>>336605826
>>336604757
It basically means that NoA will be getting all the high profile projects, and that NoE will be getting less projects overall.
So unless they put a tight leash on NoA. Don't hold your hopes up.
>>
>>336613602
>stopped reading there, you literally have no idea what you're talking about
Another idiot, won't research his claims but he sure as fuck will talk about them like he knows what the fuck he's saying.
>>
>sold 45% of the Seattle mariners cuz he could give a shit about yamauchis legacy
More like he just realized the memeiners will never win a worlds eries
>>
>>336613134
Nintendos not declining you giga autist.

Do you realize how large of a company Nintendo is compared to Sega? Do you realize how games are still selling even on the Wii U. Nintendo merchandise line is still going strong, fuck they building a theme park the company is perfectly fine especially given his poor the Japanese economy is doing right now
>>
>>336613737
>Nintendos not declining you giga autist.
Sales disagree. Both in hardware and software.

I don't know if you know this, but companies are measured in growth, not "Doin fine!"
>>
>>336613714
Says the guy who wants me to prove his point for him, fuck off
>>
>>336608259
Protip: He was actually an overseer of the American branch before his promotion. You know you have connections when someone from the American branch takes over the entire company.
>>
>>336613518
"the financial losses incurred from their Dreamcast console caused the company to restructure itself in 2001" is one of the first things that come up
>>
>>336612601
>The Wii U isn't a failure

Unless for absolutely no reason they had drastically low expectations for the Wii U, which seems unlikely, there's no way they don't consider it a failure, especially following the Wii's tremendous success.

Both the Wii U and 3DS drastically undersold.
>>
>>336613814
Yeah because the Wii was a failure amirite Sonybro?
>>
>>336613814
So the 3DS hasn't sold enough to make a profit from?

So FE didn't break franchise sales records a few weeks ago?

Where do you retards get your information from?
>>
File: mad sayaka.jpg (14 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
mad sayaka.jpg
14 KB, 350x197
>>336608259
>Andrea Ritsu
Isn't that the ugly weeb tranny that everyone makes fun of?
That subhuman abomination is the reason that Fates got censored? Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>336612034
>because they literally could not give a fuck about non-japanese speakers.
Been that way for years, look at Japan's Club Nintendo rewards over the past years compared to everyone else's.
>>
>>336614085
>So the 3DS hasn't sold enough to make a profit from?

It's selling like crap compared to the DS. And presumably cost more to produce. Has it made a profit? I dunno. Maybe. Point is it's definitely underselling.

>So FE didn't break franchise sales records a few weeks ago?

That doesn't really factor in with Nintendo's growth, though. Unless you really think one game selling more than projected somehow makes up for the Wii U selling way, way less than projected, in which case I can't help you there.
>>
>>336614020
>>336614085
Not even that guy, but you know a decline is usually considered "worse off now than they were before", right? This generation is factually weaker for them than the previous one.

I don't think it's bad enough that they'd pull a Sega and leave hardware behind but they definitely aren't on an upward trend right now.
>>
>>336606957
>NX delayed
>Not being showed at E3 means delayed
>We were told March 2017 and never given a date besides that
>delayed

Idiot.
>>
>>336608029
Why would Nintendo fucking bother when no matter what they show, "journalists" will flock to Sony?

Nintendo could give all attendees one million dollars and journalists would still talk about how Sony gave one million and one cent.
>>
>EA decides not to go to E3, "eh, whatever, they don't need it."
>Nintendo decides to only send Zelda to E3, "NINTENDOOMED IT'S THE APOCALYPSE"

y'all are like drowning rats trying to justify this stupid show's fading relevancy
>>
>>336610610
>>They said they're pushing it back to 2017 so that the console have a big launch lineup
NO ONE HAS SAID THIS.

There is no PUSHING BACK. There is no DELAY.

We were never told shit about the NX besides E3 2016. We got a release month of 2017 and that suddenly means everything was delayed.

Jesus Christ, just because cucks' "NX 2016 LOL BYE WII U" shit didn't come true doesn't mean it was delayed.
>>
>>336614760
Because Nintendo actually used to have good E3's. EA was always awful.

If they had stuff to show they'd be there. They need the press, especially since they're just chalking this year up as a loss.
>>
>>336614760
>fading relevancy
Nintendo should have attended E3 in that case. They'd share something in common.
>>
>>336611069
Ubisoft helped ruin this single-handedly.
>>
File: image.png (719 KB, 522x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
719 KB, 522x700
>>336607341
>>336607634
>>336608427
I dont know why, but i really lime kishina, he seema like a Nintendo steve jobs in the sense he's willing to do whatever it takes for Nintendo to succeed.
>kishima-sama, star fox zero got bad scores
>kishima-"fire one million employees"
>>
>>336614915
>NO ONE HAS SAID THIS.

It's pretty obvious, though. Is your mouth so full of Japanese cock that you can't see this? Get a grip, drone.
>>
>>336610610
I would like to see it happen, but Nintendo have a giant mountain to climb for the release. This time next year they could be staring down the barrel of 50m-60m PS4's on the market (currently at 40m) and possibly over 20m Xbones (not sure on its current sales).

Only hope is: Sony fucks their customers and splits their fanbase with the PS4K (possibly launching alongside the VR, E3 will confirm or deny it) or the VR fad starts to slack by March as all it offers is "immersive walking simulator #284764" and people want traditional, solid game design (as long as the NX doesnt have some overblown BS innovation behind it). Thats hoping the only "innovation" the NX has is the rumoured base console->handheld connection as that builds on Nintendos strong handheld legacy (yes, its slowing down, but still a ton on the market).

Also, where is NoE in all these talks of restructuring? Or the Ninty brand so weak here its excluded from any major talks in Nintendo HQ?
>>
>>336614760
EA is still having a conference.

Nintendo has absolutely nothing.
>>
File: i dunno.jpg (24 KB, 589x310) Image search: [Google]
i dunno.jpg
24 KB, 589x310
>>336614915
You're right anon, they're just giving up on 2016 so they can clear the slate.
>>
>>336613238
Delusional Nintendrone Spotted
>>
>>336614362
>You have to sell more than the previous one in order to be profitable/successful

Damn you really are retarded
>>
>>336615061
Why don't you give me an actual answer?

It's also "obvious" that Sony doesn't give a shit about the consumer by making them pay for online play. See, I can do that shit too.

It's "obvious" that Microsoft had 360 owners in the back of their mind when the One had no backwards compatibility and still doesn't fully.
>>
>>336614434
>>336614915
I'm going to assume the original plan for the NX was 2016, it just makes sense. Consoles always get a holiday release and Zelda was slated for 2016 as well. Now suddenly it's not a holiday console and Zelda is pushed back so it can get a simultaneous NX/Wii U launch, something that was likely being planned much earlier anyway? Seems to me that there was some reconsidering on the release date internally.
>>
>>336614915
Honestly I think the NX should be delayed more. Wii U's lifespan will be less than 4.5 years, and it only really got 2 years of support. Not even 2 "good" years, just 2 years total. In my eyes, the Wii U's life didn't kick off until 9 months after launch when Pikmin 3 finally fucking released.
And let's not forget when they told us that the first half of 2014 would have strong support, and then they only released Mario Kart 8 in May.
Then they said the exact same thing about the first half of 2015, and the only things we got were Kirby Rainbow Curse in March and Splatoon in May.
And now the only Wii U games that are left besides Zelda are #FE and Color Trash. They dangled Zelda in front of our faces for years, only to give us a gimped version of superior console's launch title. I dont know how anyone can defend the NX.
>>
>>336615247
That is how it works when the newer version is more expensive.
>>
>>336615247
Selling less than before is GOOD! DELETE THIS THREAD!
>>
>>336615247
Yes anon, selling a fraction of the previous version makes you look really successful, right?

I'm sure they've made some sort of profit but I really, really doubt they would be willing to calling the Wii U a success.
>>
File: Tatsumaki Mishima.jpg (111 KB, 650x325) Image search: [Google]
Tatsumaki Mishima.jpg
111 KB, 650x325
You WILL understand.
>>
>>336615247
How much simpler does this have to be explained?

Going from "lots of profit" to "some profit" is a decline. It's still a profit but it's also still disappointing to the company.
>>
>>336615282
There is no actual answer because it wouldn't benefit Nintendo to say something like that, but it just seems obvious to me. After watching years of the Wii U and its lukewarm reception you'd think they would want to capitalize on the holiday season to get as big of a start as possible.

But a March release? I dunno. Seems like they specifically pushed it back just a few months for some reason.
>>
>>336615612
Not nearly as bad as Sega though which was kinda the whole point of the post this came from
>>
Why didn't Nintendo buy capcom when they had the chance?
>>
>>336615792
They don't want to compete with the clusterfuck of advertisement Sony will be doing for the holiday season.

I think they're forgetting that they tried to release the 3DS in March though and that went poorly.
>>
>>336610610
>>They said they're pushing it back to 2017 so that the console have a big launch lineup
Well yeah, but "big" and "good" aren't really mutually exclusive. I'd say the GC had a "big" launch window, but maybe 2 games worth playing, then they had a ridiculous amount of droughts. Same with the Wii, and compounded doubly so on the WiiU.
>>
>>336612778
>In the original Japanese version, the concept of "Heart of the Cards" is touched on in the first episode, but largely not referred to since. However, it is frequently said that since you put all of your feelings into building your Deck, it can be relied on to help you win.

Nah, fuck you mate
>>
>>336616025
If I were Sony or MS, I'd announce a massive sale the day the NX releases. Like 100 dollars off or something just for that day. I'm sure some accountant somewhere could make it work too.
>>
>>336616170
It'd be just like the Saturn release in North America.
>>
>>336605646
>insulting based Reggie
Die a fiery death, even.
>>
>>336615356
>I'm gonna invent stuff because it fits my stupid narrative
>it just make sense

You are such a retard i'm surprised you are able to operate this site
>>
>>336615446
>>336615494
No selling more than it took to make the thing is good which we don't know if the Wii U did or not yet please stop browsing till you past 10 grade business class

>>336615525
>>336615612
Disappointing yes but making a profit is all that matters to a business as long as that happens the Wii U will be heralded as a success. Sure it could had did a lot better but again that's not what's truly important at the end of the day
>>
>>336616893
Baha, is that you, you fucking cuck?
>>
>>336616323

reggie is a shit waifu desu senpai

get better taste
>>
>>336616893
>making a profit is all that matters to a business as long as that happens the Wii U will be heralded as a success

On a earnings report, maybe. But in the public eye the Wii U is a failure, and I'm sure on a personal level Nintendo believes its a failure as well.
>>
>>336615603
The Japanese probably think someone who doesn't apologise to the fucking air for having the gall to breath it is a fierce dude
>>
>>336603727
They already fuck it up really bad hiring prostitutes as PR
>>
>>336617328
It certainly aiN,t a failure to those that played it. Journo gonna continue being retarded about it, but at this point who actually listen to those?
>>
>>336617328
I literally said that, it's not where they want to go sales wise and it probably didn't reach the goals they set so things (like Iwata's paycut) happened

But at the end of the day if that brought more money in then they spent then Nintendo is fine and they aren't doomed like you see plastered all over /v/ about the littlest things
>>
>>336606942
>since most people dislike Nintendo for being too much of a "baby" company
Sales from adults is peanuts compared to kids begging their parents to buy them stuff for birthdays/christmas. Nintendo products are widely considered to be clean and safe, and the purchases by parents reflects this. The neckbeard market is unaffected by any associations with child-targeted games and the only other big part of console-purchasing adults is the dudebro/normie market. That particular group hasn't been buying Nintendo consoles since the N64, so there's not really a loss there if NOA keeps the family friendly image.
>>
>Thinking NoA is the problem and not Nintendo as a whole

I've got some news for you bud
>>
>>336609526
NoA is only going that because Nintendo scared away all the talent already.
The main reason the PS4 is successful is because they let the Western branch handle everything.
Japan is pretty retarded when it come to selling products anywhere other than Japan.
>>
>>336617856
Most parents don't give a shit what their child is playing, and parents are more likely buying the consoles for themselves more than for their children.
>>
>>336616893
>10 grade business class
Clearly you're a third world faggot who has neither a concept of business, nor economics.
>>
>>336616170
Yeah, like nobody's thought of that before. It looks weak to the public eye. Just makes consumers think you're desperate. Sure, they might pick up a PS4 - losing you hundreds of millions in the process - but the damage to your reputation is done. People will stop respecting you.

And then Nintendo rolls out a successful launch anyways because they have a massive, dedicated core audience and people start hearing about all the sweet games and wondering why Sony was so afraid and suddenly you have millions of people interested in the new Nintendo.
>>
>>336620126
>they have a massive, dedicated core audience
They don't, though.
>>
File: 1414123469694.jpg (26 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
1414123469694.jpg
26 KB, 493x386
>>336620126
>massive, dedicated core audience
>>
>>336605646
there ya go, senpai

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/shake-up_to_nintendo_board_brings_new_job_titles_for_reggie_fils-aime_and_satoru_shibata
>>
>>336621320
>>336621463
Sorry, I shouldn't have used qualitative terms on /v/. I forgot that it just invites massive amounts of shitposting and semantics-arguing.

They have a dedicated, core audience with at least one million members.
>>
>>336610610
>Japanese developers

Cool, how about the international ones?
>>
>>336620126
>>336621320
>>336621463
>>336622180
The size of the "core audience" is a moot point because Nintendo doesn't give a solitary shit about retaining the Wii U userbase when the NX comes around.
>>
>>336624583
Not giving a shit about the only remaining audience you have is a fantastic strategy.
>>
>>336625061
That's why the NX is aiming for people who have either never played Nintendo before or haven't touched Nintendo in ages.
/v/ is going to hate the ever-living shit out of the NX because it's definitely not being made for /v/
>>
>>336625394
Sorry Reggie. You guys can't compete with mobile.
>>
>>336625394
>That's why the NX is aiming for people who have either never played Nintendo before or haven't touched Nintendo in ages.
Source. Or did you just make that up on the spot?
>>
>>336625779
>inb4 the NX actually is mobile

>>336625783
The latter, I just feel it in my bones. Nintendo has no reason to try and placate the Wii U audience after this shitshow of a year. They don't want die-hard critics who challenge everything they do, they want sheeple who will buy whatever they put out on the market without question.
>>
>>336617856
>Sales from adults is peanuts compared to kids begging their parents to buy them stuff for birthdays/christmas

Adults make up the majority of the market. Besides, loads of kids hate kiddy things. They want to act mature and consider themselves above those things.

More and more I'm struggling to think of what Nintendo's primary audience even is anymore.
>>
>>336626401
They don't have a primary audience right now, that's the problem.
>>
>>336616053
At the end of the series, Yami fucking calls every card he's going to draw because the power of the Millennium Puzzle is to influence fate or something like that. So he literally cheats.
>>
>>336617985
Nintendo is righteous and the face of gaming. We WILL win.
>>
>>336603727
RIP in peace Bill
>>
>>336626401
Their primary audience now are autistic fanboy manchildren who eat up everything that they release and fervently believe that they are part of a Nintendo army crusading for the good of games. These are the same fucks who preorder amiibos and insist that the rest of the world are shills and/or can't comprehend why all Nintendo things are the best. Most recently, you can see them in threads and youtube comments for stuff involving Star Fox Zero desperately doing damage control. According to them, the rest of the world is wrong and they are right. For Nintendo, this is a fanboy echo chamber that justifies their shitty decisions and further leads them down the path of shitty decisions. This includes censorship in localizations, because the dedicated Nintendo fanboys go out of their way to silence anyone complaining about it and to tell Nintendo that they understand and agree with the decisions that they make when localizing games.
>>
>>336606957
there's nothing wrong with amiibo or phone games
amiibo make shitloads of money and have no negative impact on game players

phone games are mostly developed by another company and make lots of money too

the NX better be another fucking gamecube though or else I'm fucking done with nintendo and their gimmicky meme consoles (3/ds is fine though)
>>
>>336627645
>nothing wrong with phone games
There's NOTHING right with phone games, you retard. End yourself.
>>
File: Nich.png (127 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
Nich.png
127 KB, 627x620
>>336608259
>>
>>336627782
If there's nothing right but also nothing wrong then they're just free money for Nintendo and have no effect on their hardcore audience since you can just ignore them and enjoy the benefits of console games with higher budgets.
>>
File: 1394951271232.jpg (52 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1394951271232.jpg
52 KB, 200x200
>>336617856
>the only other big part of console-purchasing adults is the dudebro/normie market.
dudebros fucking love smash and mario kart. you did go to college, didn't you?
>>
>>336627645
>there's nothing wrong with amiibo or phone games

Are you a marketer or something. I don't give a fuck if Nintendo gets loads of money for making blowjobs, all I want and care is them making good games.

>amiibo make shitloads of money and have no negative impact on game players

Wrong, Amiishits and DLCs are one of tha main reasons I didint buy a Wii U
>>
>>336628043
Do you exclusively play indie games, by chance?
>>
>>336628043
>Wrong, Amiishits and DLCs are one of tha main reasons I didint buy a Wii U
Name one game besides Twilight Princess(which comes with the fucking amiibo for normal game retail price) that has DLC locked behind an Amiibo. Actual downloadable CONTENT, not alternate costumes and cosmetics.
>>
>>336628043
Nintendo fanboys on /v/ and other sites are essentially militant marketers "doing it for free."
>>
>>336627941
I've been ignoring phone games since the first phone game I had the misfortune to play ages ago. That doesn't stop those fucking retards from raping IPs time after time instead of making new actual fucking videogames about them, so this FE and AC pisses me off to no end and I hope any fucking retard that even thinks of downloading them gets some inoperable testicular cancer.
>>
>>336628279
if they're just stupid mobile game spinoffs with shallow gameplay (like Miitomo, which is fairly harmless) then I don't really give a fuck

if they're actually making full games for retail with freemium shit then I'd start getting concerned
>>
>>336628176
You mean the same shit you used to unlock for free in games back then? DLC still DLC, and it's worse if its locked content already in-game.
>>
>>336628527
So I was right, you do only play indie games anymore.
>>
>>336628176
>Disc locked contend is OKAY when Nintendo does it

What about the spinner in Hyrule Warriors? Or the mission in Splatoon? Or the characters in Codename Shit? Or the ugo power in the new Kirby game? Or the entire fucking game mode in Mario Party? Or the... I'm sure you get the point.
>>
>>336603727
I will never understand this yakuza meme. Is it because he's an old guy who isn't smiling all day?
>>
>>336628176
Wasn't the 3DS Chibi Robo supposed to have levels that require the amiibo to unlock?

There's also Codename Steam having four characters behind amiibo (two good and two crap), the spinner weapon in Hyrule Warriors, the really basic boards in Mario Party 10, custom knight and co-op in Shovel Knight, minigames and alternate single player stages in Splatoon, and some challenges in Mega Man Legacy Collection (which is just remixed content from the games).
>>
>>336608029

E3 is becoming less relevant every year.

Even EA backed out, and EA is one of, if not, the biggest video game publisher(s) in the world.
>>
>>336608259
Maragos sounds a lot like "Maraco" a chilean slang for faggot
In other words he's a literal faggot kek
>>
>>336629404
There's a whole world in Chibi Robo and a model viewer if you have amiibo. There is no way to buy the physical copy of Chibi Robo in the US new without the amiibo last I knew or at least at launch.
>>
>>336610356
>E3 today is also only open to the press, customers don't get as hype about announcements at the event anymore because of it, not like they did before atleast. The pay people to clap for fucks sake
I hate this. The reactions you used to get out of E3 used to be genuine since it used to be from actual consumers. The same with the on-floor demos. But now everyone is a paid shill, and everyone are fighting to get the shills on their side over the side of their competitors. And there is no genuine spirit at E3 anymore. They just fake it.
>>
>>336630439
This

t. Argentina, your white neighbours
>>
File: image.png (309 KB, 504x398) Image search: [Google]
image.png
309 KB, 504x398
>>336613134
>Sega was also in way better shape financially than Nintendo is now when they folded.
>>
>>336630651
>white
>>
>>336630626
You could totally buy it separately even at launch. It was $10 less than the bundle.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.