[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Solaire now that we know he's not the firstborn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13
File: Solaire of Astora.jpg (55 KB, 300x647) Image search: [Google]
Solaire of Astora.jpg
55 KB, 300x647
Thoughts on Solaire now that we know he's not the firstborn?
>>
hes solaire
>>
Why don't you ask in 15 of the other Souls threads?
>>
>>336591779
He was another undead that found a purpose through seeking something that only leads to his end.
>>
>>336591779
He's still my bud.
>>
he's the chosen undead in his own timeline
>>
I never ever thought he was the first born. Vaati did, but he didn't write the lore for dark souls, he just gave his interpretation of it and retards thought it was cannon.
>>
>>336593162
>chosen undead

no such thing
>>
>>336592252
lol salty nintendobaby haha what u dont like dark souls threads have another one!!
>>
>>336591779

Why not?
>>
>>336591779
>Solaire will never find his own son

Shit man, guy just wants to find his lost kid but can't. Must suck, I feel for him
>>
The weird thought is that Solaire and other Warriors of Sunlight are devout followers of Nameless King.
>>
>>336591779
What was the logic behind people saying he was gwyns firstborn anyway? Did they have any reason to believe so?
>>
>>336593238
we're all the chosen undead :^)
>>
File: 1460725333132.png (35 KB, 476x484) Image search: [Google]
1460725333132.png
35 KB, 476x484
As far as i'm concerned, he is the firstborn in DaS1.

We know for a fact that Andre was supposed to be him, i mean just look at him and his similarity to Gwyn, but everything other than his looks was changed/removed.

Solaire has a lot of implications that i find hard to believe are coincidence. The most notable in my opinion is in Anor Londo. In the bonfire room on the left he is chilling, in the room to the right there's a chest with a Sunlight Medal.

Sunlight medal description:
>The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn,
who lost his deity status and was expunged
from the annals. But the old God of War
still watches closely over his warriors.

>But the old God of War
still watches closely over his warriors
>Literally across the hallway

Ofc when you take DaS3 into consideration there's no question he isn't the firstborn, but in DaS1 alone he sure as fuck is.
>>
do did he die its canon ?
>>
>>336593210
Just like when he said that the cleric beast was Ludwig and everyone started parroting that.
>>
Don't talk to me or my sun ever again
>>
>>336593832
>warriors of sunlight are canonically lead by the firstborn
>solaire is a warrior of sunlight
>firstborn used lightning spear
>solaire uses lightning spear
>firstborn rebelled against gwyn
>solaire is the only NPC yiu can summon for gwyn
There was evidence, but now that we know the truth it was obviously just wishful thinking.
>>
>>336594018
that is the biggest fucking leap I have ever seen
>>
>>336594018
>>But the old God of War
>still watches closely over his warriors
Literally describes a smith
>>
>>336594018
Before I finished it I thought the reason Anor Londo and other elements from DAS 1 was in Irithyll was because Dark Souls III took place in a sort of "reboot" of the original Lordran, with minor differences.
>>
>>336594164
You must be REALLY new to DaS lore threads then
>>
>>336594085
There was also the whole thing with the statue and Solaire's sword.
>>
>>336594018
Go to bed, Vaati.
>>
>>336594373
kek
>>
>>336594328
I get lore is vague and hard to find but holy shit if that's the most notable thing to prove he's the first born then he isn't the firstborn
>>
He's a blank slate nobody without an interesting or compelling storyline, worshipped only by reddit, and rightfully hated by anyone with a brain for squeezing out the cancerous "praise le sun! XD" meme.
>>
File: 1461199898569.jpg (140 KB, 354x316) Image search: [Google]
1461199898569.jpg
140 KB, 354x316
>>336591779
second best written character after patches (fight me)
>>
>>336594487
you're a faggot if you weren't upset at his death. Stop hating shit because of leddit
>>
>>336594259
I still think that's the case, honestly. Lordran is LITERALLY the land where the Lords of Cinder converge, becaude that's where the original kiln housing the First Flame is

The whole "lol time is convoluted so the kingdoms literally fused together" is a bit silly when so many areas parallel those from Dark Souls 1.

>Firelink = Firelink
>Farron Keep = Darkroot after the abyss fully breaks out
>Irithyll = Anor Londo after Gwyndolin takes over and the sun disappears
>Profaned Capital = New Londo
>Smouldering Lake = Izalith leaking into the foundations of Ash Lake
>>
File: Nameless King.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nameless King.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
But is Solaire the Nameless King?
>>
>>336594487
>He's a blank slate nobody without an interesting or compelling storyline

you got me with this bait
>>
File: 1430265070134.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1430265070134.gif
1 MB, 392x400
He was a cool dude to hang out with. Same as ever.

The first born thing sounded like some MatPat shit, anyways.
>>
>>336594085
He's super powerful and casts lightning spear miracles, yet his armor and equipment is completely mundane iron with no special properties

This drew comparison to Gwyn and his equipment, i.e the great lord greatsword deals no fire damage when you wield it because the power came from gwyn not the sword

Especially at ng+ and up solaire starts wrecking shit it's easy to see how this chummy lightning throwing fuck could be seen as a god in disguise. Given that the only other gods we'd seen were pushover crossdressing fucks like Gwyndolin or shadows of theit former selves, him being one didn't seem like a big deal

Nameless king being the firstborn and doing literally nothing, then getting jobbed out of nowhere and no resolution to the warriors of Sunlight covenant seems kinda lame

To me it feels kinda like an asspull, they were gonna make it andre in 1, then cut that so it was fan theories, now in 3 they go "jk it was this random nobody who never did anything and dies immediately"
>>
>>336594487
>Hating something purely because fans of that thing is cancer
Literally a hipster, holy shit. And you're talking about leddit
>>
>>336594618
>>336594770
>>336594834
Nice try. I didn't care about any of the NPCs in Dark Souls, and I love Souls games. For the gameplay, though.

>praise le sun do u even sunbro? xP
>>
>>336594812
they made him a climactic hidden boss fight at the end of one of the most beautiful areas in the game

believing it was solaire was reasonable but had an equal chance of being false, what we got was fine
>>
>>336595016
>I-I didn't even care, baka!
>>
>>336595016
>I'm a faggot
K
>>
>>336594018
When will you memers accept that Solaire is just a regular dude and there's absolutely nothing special about him?
>>
>>336595016
Don't lie cocksucker we all know you felt bad when sif started limping at low health or when greirat died

It's okay to have emotions you fucking manchild nobody's saying you gotta cry about it or anything but re-enacting old yeller shouldn't be in your list of top 10 favorite things to do right behind being a colossal faggot
>>
I never thought it was solaire. I honestly thought it was Andre based on his looks, then I found out we he was supposed to be it got cut.
>>
>>336595016
You're a faggot hipster though, because you dislike something because people you don't like likes that thing.

>inb4 i didn't like him to begin with
You literally said
>rightfully hated by anyone with a brain for squeezing out the cancerous "praise le sun! XD" meme

>for squeezing out the cancerous "praise le sun! XD" meme
>>
I bet that faggot sinned like hell and got Velka mad.
That's how the crow ended up with his gear.
>>
he's a shitty NPC with shit dialogue who is meme'd to death because the Dark Souls series is devoid of any good characters, personalities, lore, narrative. So autistfaggots like Vaatividya and /v/ latch onto anything resembling the aformentioned qualities.

Dark Souls is not a good game. Stop posting.
>>
It makes him better, just as his armor describes him, he got as strong as he is through his own willpower, not just because he is gwyn's son, it his own accomplishment.
>>
>>336595109
>>336595163
>>336595307
>>336595668
Good work, you've gotten into my head and figured out my thoughts.

I've bought every Souls game on release day since Demon's US in 2009, and finished each in about 3 weeks' time. So before you start jumping on the "ur opinion isn't ur own!!!1" bullshit, stop and think that maybe, just maybe, I don't feel the overwhelming need to bust out the Kleenex whenever a Dark Souls NPC speaks to my character. Jesus Christ. There are plenty of games that have gotten me emotional.
>>
>>336593458
You fight the real first born.
>>
>>336596603
>literally hating a character because others like him

>I'm not a hipster guis
>>
Solaire basically took Oscar's role of scraped scenario.
If CU didn't link fire, Solaire will.
If CU choose to link, he will offer help in final battle.

Miyazaki said something similar in interview didn't he.
>>
File: Trigger of Sol.gif (10 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Trigger of Sol.gif
10 KB, 256x240
GLORY
INCANDESCENCE
>>
Solaire being a mortal makes him even greater.

Basically he achived similar things CU did in his world as a mere human.
>>
File: 1401498436046.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1401498436046.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>336591779
He was a memorable character that got blown way out of proportion and lost his appeal because he became a meme.

Kind of like dubstep.
>>
>>336594018
The covenent is about the first born.
the status you pray to has statues and a swordspear
>>
>>336591779
but he is the first born's first knight
>>
Most of NPC is dying in the end but From prepared another ending for him, it's already generous enough.
>>
>>336597426
Ornstein is
>>
I have no drive to finish Dark Souls 3.

pls help
>>
I'm kind of glad they didn't declare solaire as the firstborn I am also glad they didn't bring him back. Dark souls 2 solaire pandering was god awful. Yeah he was a nice guy and one of the 3 genuinely nice people in the game, but that doesn't mean he should be in everything. Im glad he just remains that kind good Samaritan that helps other undead out.
>>
>>336595307
>Don't lie cocksucker we all know you felt bad when sif started limping
Why would I feel bad about that? Bitch shouldn't have fucking attacked me and tried to kill me with a 30-foot fucking sword. Reap what you sow, stupid shit-dog.
>>
>>336595307
I felt bad when I had to kill yuria. He set wouldn't drop because of a bug and I wanted it so I murdered her and the whole time I was murdering he she was begging me to stop and asking me why. :(
>>
>>336597460
The fact that he was the only nice character that could live to the end was impressive. Only people you can choose to have alive besides him is patches and mr evil cleric man. This is assuming you actually did the sidequest for every character and didn't exploit it to keep certain ones alive.
>>
>>336597067
Isn't he undead?
>>
>>336597508
How the fuck did DS2 do more Solaire pandering than DS3 did? Did you even play the fucking game at all?
>>
>>336596923
It still sucks that so many questlines were scrapped from DS1. I really liked the sound of the Forest Covenant plot with the traitor character.

Hopefully whatever From plans next will be allowed to go all out with that stuff.
>>
>>336596603
Amazing story. Someone get this guy a Pulitzer.
>>
>>336597645
>Yuria begging you to stop
What
>>
>>336597809
You read the description for lightning spear right? And the shield with his head on it?
>>
>>336591779

I'm replaying it right now and he's still awesome.

Knowing that he's a knight of the King of Storms instead of Gwyn makes him way cooler to me, honestly.

I could never really understand what exactly made people so positive he was the firstborn. He doesn't seem like the type to betray anyone and he was never particularly powerful. All of Gwyn's children were incredibly strong in a way that was befitting of their godlike status. But Solaire is pretty much just a regular dude who can cast the lightning miracle.
>>
>>336597708

Yeah he is. That's why he feels a kinship towards you, because you're both undead.

He would probably still like you even if you were alive though.
>>
>>336594085
>>solaire is a warrior of sunlight
So are you, if you are in the covenant.
>>firstborn used lightning spear
>>solaire uses lightning spear
So do you, if you have the miracle.
>>firstborn rebelled against gwyn
So do you when you link the fire.
>>solaire is the only NPC yiu can summon for gwyn
He's in it for the jolly co-op.
I really don't understand why you all are overthinking this. He's just a normal dude who is very zealous about his covenant.
>>
File: armor_of_the_sun.png (29 KB, 246x255) Image search: [Google]
armor_of_the_sun.png
29 KB, 246x255
>>336598127
That is worse than in 3

Wow, you are a retarded.
>>
>>336591779
He's a much better character as a random guy who just wants to help.
>>
File: deepest lore.jpg (199 KB, 631x788) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.jpg
199 KB, 631x788
Hey faglords, pic related.
>>
>Soul of Cinder(Incarnation of CU)
>Suddenly start praying.
>Summoning Mysterious Worrior of Sunlight to aid him.
>>
>>336599269
>shoe
>>
>>336597470
Ornstein is a fucking jew
>>
>>336591779
Dayman
Fighter of the nightman
Champion of the sun
>>
>>336599362
cut content, son. there's also some bat's soul and ciaran's blades
>>
>>336594673
>Profaned Capital = New Londo
Whoops

Ya blew it. Londor is New Londo. Profaned Capital is Eleum Loyce.
>>
>>336591779
We knew that for years nigger. He was never the firstborn. It was originally Andre, but then that got dropped and Mitsurugi confirmed that the firstborn wasn't in the first game.
>>
>>336593210
The theory that Solare was the firstborn came first, Vaati's videos came later.

Don't know how shit went with Blood Bornes as I've not played the game, so don't care 'bout the lore, but for Dark Souls Vaati didn't come up with the lore, he just took existing popular theories and did narrated videos out of them.
>>
>Cosplay Solaire.
>Fight with NK, God of worrior of sunlight.

What?
>>
>>336591779
I don't give a fuck, he's still a meme.
>>
>>336598819
I literally said in my post that while it was evidence, it wasn't particularly compelling and had plenty of chance to be wrong. It was just a theory, not people demanding that it be fact.
>>
I'm a retard faggot who's playing Dark Souls for the first time and the lore has really started to grip me.

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all connected, correct? How does that work if the gods from Dark Souls can't be mentioned in the PS games?

Forgot to remove my name from some epic maymay thread earlier
>>
>>336600478
>Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all connected, correct?

No.

The other games have the occasional nod to Demon's Souls—such as the crestfallen npcs, Patches, etc—but only the three Dark Souls games are linked. DeS and BB are separate.
>>
File: cat doesnt give a fuck.jpg (151 KB, 690x700) Image search: [Google]
cat doesnt give a fuck.jpg
151 KB, 690x700
>>336592252
>that guy who goes to every Souls thread, every day, and bitches about Soul threads

Why don't you just stick to threads you like then you petty twat?
>>
>>336593210
>Vaati
>anything original
>>
>>336594018
>Miyazaki Explicitly states he isn't in the first game
>>
>>336591779
unconfirmed
>>
Demon's Souls = Demon's Souls
Dark Souls = Dragon Souls
Dark Souls II = Giant's Souls
Bloodborne = Beast Souls
Dark Souls III = Dark Souls
>>
>>336600686
No. Demon Souls is a standalone, Dark Souls is all interconnected, and Bloodborne is a standalone as well. The only thing "linking"them together are certain items, weapons, and characters used in every From game.
>>
>>336592252
>post-2011er crying about multiple threads from a new big release
lol
>>
>>336599528
the profaned flame wasn't old chaos, we have no idea what it really was

profaned capital is in a big cavern under anor londo with a crack filtering in sunlight, complete with flooded caves and monsters of sin
>>
>>336600686

Demon Souls, Dark Souls and BloodBorne, and all other series are different universes.

From loves to reference their all games and ideas on every game they make.
Dark Souls can be called the spiritual succesor to Demons Souls, just as DeS is the spiritual succesor to Kings Field, etc.

You will see maybe some names, items, references but its different universes.

You should play them all in release order anyway soo you dont get spoiled on mechanics and stuff like that, going back its always painful.

In my opinion DaS and DaS3 are the best games in the group.

Games lack a lot of history but the Lore is rich and abundant, just read items, talk to Npcs, etc and enjoy it, some things get explained on due time and some others are never explained soo its up to you to fill the void or not (with whatever headcannon you want).

Welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay on the Souls Series.
>>
>>336593902
You're Big [Undead], and so am I
>>
>>336601190
I'm gonna dump a stack of item description on your face. You're going to come to the same conclusion as everybody else. Here's a hint for you: Alsanna's title is "Silent Oracle"

>"The Profaned Capital was consumed by fire after Yhorm the Giant became a Lord of Cinder. The fire, born of the sky, is said to have incinerated naught but human flesh. "- Profaned Flame Pyromancy
>"Lonely Yhorm became a Lord of Cinder to put the Profaned Flame to rest, knowing full well that those who spoke of him as lord were quite insincere." - Cinders of a Lord
>"Yhorm is the descendant of an ancient conqueror, but was asked by the very people once subjugated to lead them" - Souls of Yhorm the Giant
>"Yhorm the Giant once held two of these, but gave one to the humans that doubted him, and left the other to a dear friend before facing his fate as a Lord of Cinder." - Storm Ruler
>"The Profaned Flame was triggered by the curse of these women, relatives of a certain oracle, but despite their culpability, they went on living, without any cares." - Eleonora
>"The formal gold stitching suggests they may have also been oracles." Court Sorceror Robe
>"Remnants of the fire that burned down the Profaned Capital, preserved in an icy skull." - Profaned Coal
>"The jailers were among the few survivors inhabiting the Profaned Capital, later serving under Pontiff Sulyvahn. Perhaps the screams emanating from the cells help them forget their old home." - Jailer Set
>"Long ago, when Sulyvahn was yet a young sorcerer, he discovered the Profaned Capital and an unfading flame below a distant tundra of Irithyll, and a burning ambition took root within him." - Profaned Greatsword

So Yhorm is a descendant of Giant Lord. Alsanna's Sorcerers cursed the Chaos and created the Profaned Flame. PC is the DaS2 related zone. You even encounter Gilligan and Alva.
>>
>>336600696
>>336601104
>>336601210
Ah, ok. I guess I misunderstood. I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to see more of this world, but I'm still excited to get into the lore for Demon's Souls when it arrives in the mail.
>>
>>336601476
There's other logic that supports this idea too

>Chaos resided underneath Anor Londo
>Chaos resided underneath Eleum Loyce
>Smouldering Lake and Profaned Capital both reside underneath Irithyll
>Anor Londo is northern
>Eleum Loyce is cold
>Irithyll is northern and cold
>>
>>336594018
Doesn't Andre even look like Nameless King? Not counting the skull head they have the same kinda hairstyle right?
>>
>>336601104
>>336601737
There's a convoluted lore theory that actually does a pretty good job at linking the Dark Souls universe to the King's Field one. The dream goddess Quella and the spirit tree among some other things hint at a multiverse situation.

I don't recall the details though. Maybe you can look it up.
>>
>>336602391
>"King's Field takes place in the dream world of Valicia where the caretaker of the the world, Vallad, appears as a talking tree who gives the player a shield and armor made from the tree's fruit."
>"Shield of the blue spirit tree that is said to possess divine powers. Appears in the allegory of Quella, god of dream, and can deflect spells by parrying. Once there was a boy who was easily frightened, until the talking tree of the dreamworld transformed itself into a shield to protect him." - Grand Spirit Tree Shield

I remember this one guy also found a lot of paralels in DaS2's lore and world to things from King's Field 2. It's obviously not canon but it's fun to consider. There's also a fun theory that ties DeS to BB. It's pretty solid too. If "Umbasa" had remained in the full game, I think I'd have to support the idea.
>>
File: KF3_Shot_012.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
KF3_Shot_012.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
>>336602851
Majula's color theme even similiar to King's Field 2 (NA) first area color theme
>>
>>336601476
Old chaos and daughters of Manus were the best part of das2. Made vanilla game enjoyable

Glad they took them in.
>>
This lady Marla Heidleberg took my husband and hurt my child speeding away with him so whoever can help get her back by sending facebook messages to call her a whore her profile pic is 4 people her daughter and son but now she's a crack head with my husband so please help and bring this witch down
>>
>>336600894
>Because they didn't even finish the bloody game so Andre being the firstborn was cut
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.