[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
Let's get some key topics going

>King Vendrick is the so called "Lord of Want"

>Dragonslayer is NOT Ornstein but just a high ranking lothric knight

>The "Promise to keep" Siegward reffers to is Yhorm falling to the grasp of the abyss

>Black Snakes: Ancient Dragons or Primordial Serpents?

>Is the "Focus" that keeps Andre alive some greater power?

Why did Harald carry the armor of an executioner
>>
Faraam armor is the one from DS2.
Is Faraam the hero from DS2? I'm just speculating here.
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 map.png (51 KB, 1640x1096) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 map.png
51 KB, 1640x1096
Gertrude is rosaria

aldrich is literally 2 steps in front of you the whole time

ghru, the wretches in irithyll dungeon are all failed dragon hybrids

sulayvahn's beasts are previously his knights, the two ghosts in irithyll are vordt and the dancer when you look closely, they transform over time with sulayvahn's influence

siegward is gary oldman
>>
>>336566523
>the two ghosts in irithyll are vordt
They're the outriders you find in the world. only the male and female in the end are Vordt and the Dancer.
>>
>>336566205
I'm willing to bet that Faraam is Nameless Kings name, Considering Gwyn's Firstborn was called a "God of War" just like the Faraam set mentions it being named after a "God of War"
>>
>Another daily thread about the same topic

Go to /vg/ thats the board for GENERAL Discussion of topics
>>
>>336566523
>ghru

This is false, they are farron acolytes corrupted by the abyss

Where the fuck did you even get they are failed dragon hybrids?
>>
So if the nameless king is Gwyns firstborn who allied with the dragons then why are there only wyverns and not everlasting dragons at archdragon peak? Were they all killed off entirely? Did the wyverns come from drakes, kalameet, or the last everlasting dragon in ash lake?
>>
>>336567060
>tripfag has no attention span and lacks the mental strength to ignore shit he dislikes, or even hide the threads
full retard.
>>
>>336567060
Waaaa waaaa baby bitch tears

Filter and hide, tripfaggot.
>>
>>336566993
I like to think that his orginal name was Gwynfaraam before getting disowned at the end of the age of ancients
>>
>>336566523
Where's Anor Londo on that map? If you consider ROS to be a area you might as well include Anor Londo
>>
>>336565987
Shield of Want
>Shield of an ancient king who was cursed by an all-consuming thirst. In the end, he was no king
>The residue of the king's lust still smolders within this shield, increasing the number of souls absorbed when enemies are defeated

This shit bothers me. Vendrick wasn't the one who lusted for shit, it was Nashandra. All the stuff of Nashandra is called "___ of Want".
Fuck, Vendrick even hid himself in the fucking crypt to hollow out, guarded by his most loyal servant, to NOT give Nashy what she wanted. He resisted that ho.

It bothers be quite a bit that DaS3 uses SO MUCH unnecessary stuff from DaS1, while using so little from 2. And what little from 2 is there is COMPLETELY irrelevant, uninteresting, or flat out wrong. This was Froms opportunity to tie them together, but they were probably scared to piss off the loud crybabies that is droning on about how "shit" 2 is.
>>
>>336568248
Considering it mentions Thrist and Lust i think it means his WANT was to be with Nashandra. And indeed he never was a king since he locked himself away and let Nashandra rule as she pleased.
>>
>>336567663
I can roll with that, I can't remember but what was the reason Gwyn disowned Faraam?
>>
>>336569193
"The Nameless King was once a dragon-slaying god of war, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons."

Still not going with that Faraam thing personally, but that's just me not wanting everything to connect with one another.
>>
>>336569193
Likely because Faraam felt sympathy for the dragons and rebelled against gwyn then got BTFO'd
>>
>>336565987
What black snakes?
>>
>>336569517
>a god of war
>sympathy

I like the theory that since he was a god of war, he craved battle so much yhat he switched sides to prolong the war between the gods and everlasting dragons.
>>
>>336566523
>Gertrude is rosaria
That makes no fucking sense.

There's a body in the center of Gertrude cage with her miracle.

Rosaria was the Queen, wife of Oceiros, Gertrude was her maiden and possibly her daughter.
>>
>>336569837
Wait, how is Worm Girl the queen?
>>
>>336569789
I like that a lot better to be honest. If that is the case then the death if the king of the storm just got 100× more sad
>>
>>336569926
Source: His ass.
>>
>>336568248
That's because 2 contribuitions for the lore were irrelevant and uninteresting. They did what they could with the little 2 added that could be made sense of. Stop getting triggered, it is what it is. They used the artificial drakes at least.
>>
>>336567201
The Wyverns are the nameless kings kids. After his dragon Waifu was killed he took all his Wyverns kids to fuck off to the peak and bred his incest family.
>>
>>336565987
So can someone explain what the Throne of Want actually does? It seems like the whole plot of 2 was about curing your curse rather than link the flame
>>
>>336569926
>>336570064
Oceiros was obsessed with creating the perfect heir.
Hidden Blessing - Queen was praised as god of fertility and bounty.
Rosaria was mother of rebirth. Has a miracle related to Gwynevere (her ancestor.Daughter?maiden?) which was a god of fertility and bounty.
Rosaria was locked in the Cathedral, which held gods to be fed for Aldritch.
Below Gertrude cage, there was a single of those slugs of Rosaria. The only one in all the level.

Miracle Bountiful Light- "The Heavenly Daughter is said to be the Queen's child."
>>
>>336570074
Aldia is literally the only person in the series that has done anything interesting at all, yet he isn't mentioned at all anywhere. Why not expand on it? It's a sequel to 1 AND 2.

Also, there's not anything that interesting in 3 either.
>>
>>336570681
DLC will likely have answers. Remember vanilla DaS had little to no info on the dark soul and artorias
>>
>>336570368
Please tell me how Gwynevere lost her sight and speech, and also shrunk down to 1/2 her size from DaS1. Dancer also gives ypu a Miracle related to Gwynevere, is she Gwynevere too?
>>
>>336570681
Aldia might be Lothric's mentor, if you want to interpret soul stream description.
>>
>>336571113
She is not Gwynevere. I never said she was.
She's either her direct daughter or a descendant. Just like dancer.
>>
File: 82.png (250 KB, 900x535) Image search: [Google]
82.png
250 KB, 900x535
Best Girl
>>
>>336570368
>a worm dude is found below Gertrude's cage where you find her Miracle
>This somehow implies Rosaria is Gwynevere and not Gertrude

????
>>
>>336570681
>Aldia is literally the only person in the series that has done anything interesting at all
Ok, let's go by your thesis.
What do you do with it.

Where his powers come from? What do we do with one guy who magically became immortal by god knows what means and wants something that even him doesn't know what is but it's not either Dark or Light?

Like i said, they did what was possible. But like other anon said, maybe DLC. I'm not so sure, and i seriously don't want.
>>
>>336571386
I don't know where you're all reading i said she's Gwynevere. That's not what i implied at all. She's RELATED to Gwynevere. Not her. And definetely not Gertrude. Gertrude was the Queen's daughter. And what i'm saying is that Rosaria was the Queen. For said reasons in the post.
>>
>>336569714
The black snakes that burst out of hollows, the dragons in lothric and Iudex.
>>
>>336565987
>Dragonslayer is NOT Ornstein but just a high ranking lothric knight
Description of Sacred Oath states that there was a dragonslayer who served both NK and Ornstein. It's most likely the original owner of exoskeleton.
>>
is vaati here? will you include me in your video?
>>
File: Ww3oFW6.jpg (685 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Ww3oFW6.jpg
685 KB, 2560x1440
>>336571282
Don't worry, her weapons are DLC.
>>
>>336571226
Gwynevere ran away from Anor Londo with Flann the god of Fire.
>>
>>336566523
Where is firelink on that map?
>>
>>336572165
Yeah, so?
>>
File: 1419873071428.jpg (57 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1419873071428.jpg
57 KB, 800x450
>>336572149
>>
>>336565987
>Storm Drake is Ornstein
>>
File: 54.jpg (229 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
229 KB, 700x990
>>336572149
NOT AGAIN
>>
What's that village in the distance?
>>
>>336565987

Aren't Primordial Serpents imperfect dragons since the age of dragons?
>>
>>336572728
Left one is Archdragon Peak. Right one i don't know yet.
>>
>>336572728
Is Archdragon Peak in this picture the same place in the mountains that can be seen from Anor Lond?
>>
There's a lot of speculation and I'm all for that. But what's certain?

As far as I know, what set in stone lore wise is.

Gwyndolin did not get killed by the CU but later got ate by Sweet Slime with the help of Hella Pope.
Yorshka is somehow a goddess or Demi goddess related to Gwyndolin.

Rosaria is the Queen of Lothric.(not sure on this one, I thought it was obvious and came to that conclusion on my blind play through)

The consumed King is the king of Lothric, who presumably assblasted by his sons and daughter being all fucked up with curses and wings and shit tried to make his new son perfect, but read too much of Seaths hidden cursed hentai and got turned into a dragon thing.

The princes, one was all fucked up at birth by a curse that made him frail and shit. His brother however was a fucking winner and slapped the shit out of a demon prince, he also loved him very much, so much so that to lessen his brothers burden he joined his soul with his and became a mute tard with broken legs.

The holy family of Lothric had wings, or were capable of being born with wings. There's feathers matted all over the princes room and the body in the cage in the archives has feathers all around it. This body, may or may not be Gertrude the daughter of the totality of Lothric.

Gertrude got taken for a ride by the serpents and she went full retard and created the faith that Irthyl follows? Irthyl got all shitty and went to war with Lothric? Hella Pope really didn't believe in shit and just used the faith for personal gain?

The dancer was the true royalty of Irthyl and Vordt was her bodyguard. Once pontiff took over in a cou he couldn't have her killed for political reasons so he made her into an outrider knight to basically guarantee her death.

The royalty of Lothric and Irthyl were both related to the Gods.
>>
>>336565987
>Is the "Focus" that keeps Andre alive some greater power?
I'm pretty sure that Unkindled each have some kind of "goal" or "duty" and once that's fulfilled they die. Hence why Orbeck, Eygon, and Siegward all die after they finish their duties.

Andre won't die until an Unkindled succeeds in linking the flame, meaning his weapons won't be needed anymore.
>>
>>336572728
Londor DLC?
>>
>>336572728
Probably something in the upcoming series of DLCs just like everything else that's currently unexplained.
>>
>>336573169
>Gertrude got taken for a ride by the serpents and she went full retard and created the faith that Irthyl follows? Irthyl got all shitty and went to war with Lothric? Hella Pope really didn't believe in shit and just used the faith for personal gain?

Irithyl follows Aldrich's deep religion, that's why there's deacons and Sulyvahn fed the trap to slimer.
I figured it was a civil war in Lothric with the blue (Gertrude's angel faith) vs red (3 pillars). That's why you find the winged knight and red eye knight in high wall surrounded by dead reds.
>>
>>336572394
How does that make sense? Ornstein was a Dragonslayer, Why would he become a dragon? Much less the mount of some autistic furry.
>>
>>336573169
>The holy family of Lothric had wings, or were capable of being born with wings. There's feathers matted all over the princes room and the body in the cage in the archives has feathers all around it. This body, may or may not be Gertrude the daughter of the totality of Lothric.
That part is wrong. The way i see it. The winged knights of Gertrude are unrelated to the Dark. Their miracles have no indication of affiliations to the Dark. And the fact that it's a religion banished from Lothric, a place that currently don't want to Link the Flame, i think those feathers on the prince room are from attempts from the winged knights, knights affiliated with Gertrude, the Heavenly Daughter, to force the Prince to become a Lord of Cinder and Link the Flame like he was supposed to.
>>
>>336574057
>Irithyl follows Aldrich's deep religion
Wasn't Sulyvahn and Aldrich's religion originally piggy-backing the Way of the White until they took it over completely?

I remember several mentions of the WotW and Lloyd in deacon item descriptions and how they have been long forgotten by now.
>>
Lorefag tier list
Literally just got here and will hopefully leave soon tier:
>Rosaria is Gwynevere
>Aldrich ate Nito and the Witch of Izalith
>Aldrich, Yhorm and the Abyss Watchers never linked the fire
>Solaire is still the firstborn
>Ornstein is the dragon NK is riding on
>>
So, what's up with Lorian?After he falls, he embers up. I thought that was just for the Lords of Cinder.
>>
>>336575205
>After he falls, he embers up
What?
If you about his sword, then just read fucking description
>>
>>336575015
Why would anyone think that Aldrich ate the Witch/her soul?
>>
>>336575450
Same reason why people think that LoC never linked fire and that Aldrich ate cute dragon waifu
They are retarded
>>
File: Twin_Princes.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Twin_Princes.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
>>336575357
He literally glows, as does his sword but that is not what's confusing me.
>>
>>336566993

That's probably how the lion people from Forossa called him. It doesn't means it's his true name.

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy tho.
>>
>>336575573
Aldrich eating cute dragon waifu I can understand because he uses one of her miracles (although I don't think he actually did it), but I don't see any of the witch in aldrich at all.
>>
>>336574678
It seems like the deep religion is related to the WotW. Archdeacon top says it's a sign of the highest rank of WotW so I don't think it's been forgotten, but Lloyd has been.
>>
>>336569837

Gertrude was busted out, though.

Either by Rosaria's fingers (hence the mangrub outside the broken cage) or the Outrider Knights under the Pontiff's orders, which supports the idea she was Rosaria and was transported to the Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
Dragonslayer Armour looks too much like Ornstein for me to believe it's not his. I mean on closer inspection it does have some differences but at first glance I thought it was just a buff version of the normal armour.
>>
>>336572165

Gwynevere is the queen of lothric, this is all but confirmed.

Rosaria is Gertrude, one of her daughters.
>>
Are those husk butterfly things related to Seath in some way? He was the one who created the Gekkouchou and they're the only other things referred to as butterflies in the series.
>>
>>336575645
The pair of them together are a Lord of Cinder. Their curse seems to be that their fates are linked or something.
>>
File: ds-set.jpg (577 KB, 1000x974) Image search: [Google]
ds-set.jpg
577 KB, 1000x974
>>336576001
>>
>>336575983
>Gertrude was busted out
That body right in the middle of the cage in praying position and with feathers around it is nothing right? Let's just ignore it.

Gertrude was Rosaria daughter.
>>
File: 1462094280431.jpg (2 MB, 2008x3047) Image search: [Google]
1462094280431.jpg
2 MB, 2008x3047
Why Solaire changed his sun design?
>Are those husk butterfly things related to Seath in some way
Abyss creautures
>>
>>336574678

It's not the Way of the White, just a cultist offshoot. The Cathedral of the Deep is full of covered statues.

The Way of the White still exists in another derivative but more faithful form in Carim.

Presumably its original form and the land of Thorolund that practiced it are gone.
>>
The dragon that blows fire at you in the beginning is the Ancient Wyvern.
>>
>>336575645
He took on his brothers curse to help
They are two parts of one Lord of cinder its why the soul is entwined
>>
>>336576237

Why is there a massive hole in the cage and a mangrub outside?

Why is "Gertrude" a naked human-sized corpse?

Why are there outrider knights on the road to the Cathedral of the Deep? They aren't just there for no reason.
>>
>>336576617
No it's not. It's the one that joins the other in Lothric castle. Once you kill it there it doesn't return to the high wall.
>>
File: Final Destination.gif (2 MB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
Final Destination.gif
2 MB, 300x295
>>336576306
>Abyss creatures
>Using fire
>>
>>336576758
Oh... see I noticed it was gone but I didn't know what triggered it.
>>
>>336573169
Yorshka is a boy, though
>>
>>336576681
>Why is there a massive hole in the cage and a mangrub outside?
Because she was looking/taking care/protecting/trying to bust her. So many reasons. Exactly same is applied to why there are golden winged knights right on the roof, above the cage.

>Why is "Gertrude" a naked human-sized corpse?
Because that's the standard asset From always use to represent a corpse that don't have a unique model in the game. It's completely standard procedure.

>Why are there outrider knights on the road to the Cathedral of the Deep? They aren't just there for no reason.
Because they serve the church and Sullyvan. Did you forget the part where they transform into beast because the church give them rings? A rethorical question.
>>
>>336577142
>implying
>>
What's the deal with the winged knights? Are those natural wings or are they some kind of armor enchantment? Are they actual humans? Also, what the hell are those demons that picked you up after beating Vordt and then dropped you on the bridge to the Undead settlement? Why do they respond to the banner being raised?

Also, I have to say that seeing the three of them on the top of Lothric castle was pretty funny. Those fatties finally ascended.
>>
>>336577280
It's literally a young boy, that's why his voice is girlish. Gwyndolin rised him. He's Ocelotte.
>>
File: image.png (393 KB, 375x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
393 KB, 375x750
>mfw the thought of Gwyndolin becoming Aldriches new form and eating people whole as a sexy trap

Hnnnhnnng
>>
>>336577408
You're actually retarded. Ocelotte is the invisible babby Oceiros holds during his fight.
>>
File: 1367591101344.jpg (147 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1367591101344.jpg
147 KB, 675x900
>>336577516
You need to turn back before you become a vorefag, anon
>>
>>336577541
No need to call names to that guy. It wouldn't be a stretch for a literally psychotic monster who had his mind warped to have a lack of reality awareness. Maybe him going crazy for Ocelotte is just a PTSD way of him coping with the fact that he was taken from him.

And I'm saying this as someone who thinks Yorshka is a girl and not Ocelotte.
>>
>>336577391
Those demons were the gargoyles you fight in Anor Londo in the first game. Why they were you used in this one, I have no idea as they never show up again.
>>
>>336577391
>Also, what the hell are those demons that picked you up after beating Vordt and then dropped you on the bridge to the Undead settlement?
How new are you?
>>
>>336577773
New enough to not know the answer to that question?
>>
>>336577704
You can hear baby crying in Oceiros' first phase. It stops in the second, apparently because you hit the baby or he drops it.
>>
>>336577853
That's could just be for effect. Oceiros even admits that Ocelotte isn't with him/is hiding from him in the fight dialogue
>>
>>336577704
Ocelotte was the only "truly completed" dragon child, like Priscilla were once. No wonder Consumed King lost his shit when he was gone
>>
>>336577853
>It stops in the second, apparently because you hit the baby or he drops it.

Or you know maybe, call me crazy, but what if there never was an invisible baby and it's just ambience?
>>
>>336577986
It's because time is convoluted you can hear baby Ocelotte crying, before Gwyndolin grabbed him and treated him like a cute little girl.

Bitch ain't got no tits
>>
>>336573221
I like this.
It makes sense that there are Undead and some of them are Unkindled and the Unkindled can't lose their minds hollowing like regular Undead.
>>
>>336577692
>implying I don't chat with Shyguy9 all the time on skype
>>
>>336577840
That's the demons from Dark Souls 1. And no one knows who are they, really, don't listen to that anon, it's a good question
>>
File: 1462227787104.webm (2 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
1462227787104.webm
2 MB, 720x406
>>336565987
Aldia was Lothric's mentor and the one that pushed Oceiros towards experiments with dragons.
>>336566523
>sulayvahn's beasts are previously his knights, the two ghosts in irithyll are vordt and the dancer when you look closely, they transform over time with sulayvahn's influence
>they fucking start praying/begging for mercy if you get them low on hp
is_there_a_character_more_evil_in_soulsborne_universe_than_pontiff_sulyvahn.txt
>>
>>336578073
But why would there be audible baby crying for no reason at all that stops when Oceiros goes feral and stops clutching something?
>>
>>336573221
but he doesn't die when you link the flame, and didn't after DaS1
>>
>>336578224
>Vordt and Dancer would have turned into versions of those dog beasts

i wonder if they would have looked any different than the ones you fight .
>>
File: (WAKE ME UP).png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
(WAKE ME UP).png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>336578224
>puts his hand together in prayer
Oh god
>>
>>336568248
you are idiot, every lore is according to PRESPECTIVE of each age. Every description is actually from word of mouth to mouth just like medieaval legend. Every lore not always accurate, but represent big line of something that trully happened
>>
>>336578224
Pontiff is such a dick.
>>
>>336578228
Because it's the Oceiros magic, he used his memories to convince himself that Ocelotte is right here, in his hands. Then he gone feral and the magic stops. No more crying.
>>
>>336578228
For ambient effect dude. If you really want an explanation then maybe Oceiros, who is shown to be heavily into magic, is just creating the illusion of Ocelotte (which includes the sounds of him) to calm himself down because he has PTSD about losing him.
>>
>>336578224
I just like that he sends out those knights just to stop your progress. Kind of like a villain in a cartoon.
>>
>>336578434
But why would YOU hear it?
>>
>>336578503
Why is "illusion" magic or spells in fiction seen by more people than just the person who creates it?

A better question would be why WOULDN'T you hear it.
>>
>>336578503
Because he have no telepathic powers, only magic, so he creates audible illusion.
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>336577989
>Ocelotte was the only "truly completed" dragon child, like Priscilla were once. No wonder Consumed King lost his shit when he was gone

We all know the only way to be sure that Ocellote would have been a perfect one is if can touch fluffy tail.
>>
>>336577989
Yorshka?
>>
>>336578625
Her/his tail isn't fluffy enough, true. But this child is younger than Priscilla were in DS1, maybe the fur will grow... In DLC...
>>
File: 1319477935488.gif (343 KB, 127x181) Image search: [Google]
1319477935488.gif
343 KB, 127x181
So why are the Irithyll inhabitants lanky fucks?
>>
>>336578702
Yes
>>
>>336565987
>"Time is Convoluted"
/thread
>>
>>336578224
How do you trigger that animation?
>>
>>336578224
Mind=blown. I thought the long necked ghost looked familiar...
>>
>>336578487
There are one at the basement of Lothric castle gate and another hidden in Grand Archives. They're not blocking your progress though.
>>
>>336578224

The poor thing...
>>
>>336578940
Riposte them and then simply don't attack again.
>>
>>336578940
Hit it while it performs a special attack, then ripost. Don't touch it after.
>>
>>336566523
Which 2 ghosts?
>>
How exactly are Siegward and Yhorm friends?

Was Siegward his pet or something?
>>
>Church of Deep filled with creepy old dudes
>leader has kids born in the city sent to be "eaten" by Aldrich
>Aldrich, their god, is literally stuck up the ass of a trap

is DS3 just one big metaphor for the Catholic Church?
>>
>>336579154
I don't actually know if they are one time only events, but travelling through Irithyll you'll encounter three spectral Outrider Knights.
>>
>>336579271
Oh right, forgot those existed.
>>
Is the Smouldering Lake Ash Lake?

It definitely gave me that feeling but maybe the trees aren't large enough.

Still, there are a ton of trees in the background, right?
It feels like Ash Lake.
>>
>>336565987
Was Lordran the Land of the Giants spoken of in DaS2? Nashandra is a shard of Manus and she's said to have come from there, so she couldn't have gotten far from her origin, right? And we know Drangleic isn't Lordran thanks to DaS3. If Yhorm is the descendant of the Giant Lord, does that mean that after DaS1 and before DaS2 there was some huge giant uprising?
>>
File: 20160428191040_1.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160428191040_1.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1200
The world seems to be so neatly tied together I'm not sure why they didn't make it interconnect more.

Undead Settlement is basically surrounded by the forest and swamp level but there is only one way to them, even though there is plenty of opportunities for shortcuts (like the bridge where stray demon is).
>>
>>336578940
>>336579090
>>336579093
>>336579113

Maybe it just wants a belly rub?

Must be hard to get with a gaping dragon stomach...
>>
>>336579208
Everything about Siegward's quest and the Storm Ruler's description has them as equals

Yhorm fucked up the Profaned Flame, linked the flame to stop it, and went mad when someone dear to him died there

Siegward is just there to put him out of his suffering
>>
File: ChOgUDQW4AA3s9-.jpg large.jpg (154 KB, 826x1080) Image search: [Google]
ChOgUDQW4AA3s9-.jpg large.jpg
154 KB, 826x1080
"ロスリックの王妃が祝福したとされる聖水。
彼女は先王オスロエスの妻であり豊穣と恵みの女神にすら例えられたが末子オセロットを産んだ後、姿を消したという。"

"Holy water said to have been blessed by the queen of Lothric.
She was the wife to the previous king Oceiros, and compared to a goddess of fertility and bounty, but she is said to have disappeared after giving birth to their youngest child, Ocelotte."

Notes:
-She is COMPARED (例えられた) to a goddess of fertility and bounty, and this wording means that she is most definitely not said goddess. ("Revered as" probably tried to convey this but apparently it wasn't enough)

-The wording for "disappeared" (姿を消した) implies that she did so of her own accord.
>>
File: DSC06700-1024x968.jpg (249 KB, 1024x968) Image search: [Google]
DSC06700-1024x968.jpg
249 KB, 1024x968
Daily reminder that Yhorm is a giant from DS2. You can see his real face because he is not hollowed. Hollow giants transforms into a tree. And their face is a literally HOLLOW TREE.
>>
>>336579428
Fun fact: You can see the stone bridge leading down to the Irithyll Dungeon through the crack in Smouldering Lake near the ballista.

Also kinda hard to see, but Anor Londo and Lothric Castle are visible from Archdragon Peak (though they are dangerously sprite-y for some reason, very unusual for From Soft skyboxes).
>>
>>336579592
stop posting this, you're wrong.

it says "compared" because it's referencing gwynevere in a historic sense because it's not a primary source
>>
>>336567060
Filtered.
>>
>>336579698
Also, Profaned Capital has strong ties with Dark Souls 2. I guess we will know more about DS2 in DLCs
>>
File: 20160428191040_1.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160428191040_1.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>336579428
What place is this? Irithyll?
>>
>>336579917
Irithyll is on the far left
Y'know, the place that looks like Irithyll

Maybe the place you circled is a DLC area
>>
>>336579917
That's the DLC

Irithyll is on the left beneath all those clouds.
>>
>>336579917
Cut content.
DLC content.
Set dressing.

Choose one.
>>
>>336579698
How does that work? The giants banded together and attacked the kingdom WHILE HOLLOW?
>>
>>336579917
Irithyll is on the left. Right is either cut content or DLC area

>>336579789
imagine if the lake lead to profaned capital. there would a way right next to the ballista. would make that trip much more worthwhile
>>
File: 20160428191040_1.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160428191040_1.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>336580005
>>336580012
>>336580015
>>336580085
What about this one?
>>
>>336580083
You'd gone hollow if some puny human went to your kingdom and stole your shit (very important shit)
>>
>>336580145
archdragon peak
>>
Why is it so dark in Irithyll? Is it because the princes didn't like the fire?
>>
>>336580145
Archdragon peak, read the fucking thread retard.
>>
>>336580145
Archdragon Peak
>>
>>336579917
Courland, where the little burnt lord is from if I had to guess. All the other lands from which the other lords of cinder originate are present.
>>
>>336580179
its nighttime
>>
>>336580164
I just mean that hollows are generally not a very united front, they're completely gone
>>
File: 1462457786331.jpg (922 KB, 2400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1462457786331.jpg
922 KB, 2400x1400
>>336572728
Is this supposed to be the area where you fight the big fire demon with Siegward or more cut content?
>>
>>336580296
But it's not night time anywhere else in the game.
>>
>>336580179
If you mean the skybox, Gwyndolin and his moon shit.
>>
Pontiff Sulyvahn is a perfect example how power can corrupt

>shit ass sorcerer
>sees and Inspired by the profane flame to become great
>lives and serves in irithyll of the boreal valley
>entire city lives and worships the moon under the rulership of Gywndolin
>works his way up the ranks In time
>Gywndolin falls ill and he wrongly declares himself Pontiff

And well we know how the rest goes fucking slaughtering a whole city and converting them into beast and shit
>>
>>336580315
The player in 1 and 2 can go full corpse mode and still communicate with the NPC's maybe giants keep their minds better then humans?
>>
>>336580352
No the area with the demon is to the left of the tower, between it and the building with the Curse tree
>>
>>336580352
no, that place is behind the tower left from your circle.

go check the place from the tower where the giant archer is. it's probably nothing
>>
>>336580469
Their modus operandi while hollow is to bring their precious thing back. When the war was over, they gone completelly hollow and transformed into a trees
>>
>>336580352
D L C
>>
>>336580352
Someone go to the tower and see if you can scope out that region next to it
>>
>>336580372
because you canonically enter irithyll at night

hell at smouldering lake you can look at the wall crack and see its already evening

every dark souls games has levels set at certain times of the day
>>
>>336580315
Its das2. It will never make much sense.
>>
>>336571113
Not him but all the gods you encounter are roughly the player character's height. Gwyn, the Nameless King, Gwyndolin. Given that Gwynevere is their sibling it would make sense that she is roughly the same size. The Gwynevere you meet is an illusion which explains her exaggerated size. Gwyndolin is trying to make you feel awed. And though there is no proof that it happened it isn't hard to imagine she was tortured/blinded/etc.
>>
>>336579913
I thought the profaned capital was new londo
>>
>>336580718
I doubt New Londo is in DS3, honestly
>>
>>336566523
Someone explain the two steps in front of you?
>>
Ok this going to sound really stupid but is DS2 in a different land? I remember the story being about how Vendrick crossed the ocean and pissed the giants off.
>>
>>336580828
I dunno, that one building where the spider ladies are reminds me of the building where you find that guy in ds1.

I was really struck by the idea when I saw a crack and light filtering into the area
>>
Lords of Cinder are those who linked the fire right? Each one also seems to be based off of a common build or playstyle that players used to beat previous games. For instance, the abyss watchers are roll spammers, great sword users, and phantom summoners. Lothric is a sorcery spammer, etc. So to gather the fuel to link the fire, you have to fight iterations of your and others old characters who had beaten previous games.
>>
File: yellow dog.png (97 KB, 225x186) Image search: [Google]
yellow dog.png
97 KB, 225x186
>>336573169
>"sweet slime and hella pope"
>aldrich put his jelly on a hot god
>aldrich is literally sweet bro
oh my fucking god
>>
>>336580914
Yes. DS2 is a different land.
>>
File: 20160505225639_1.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160505225639_1.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
>>336580647
Cloud everywhere, can't see shit.
>>
>>336580845
He means that hes actively running away from you, like he just left the room you just got to
>>
>>336580914
yes

vendrick dumped his undead in some far away land too, which could be lordran or olaphis or anything
>>
>>336580995
The crack and light filtering into the area reminded me of thing betwixt, one more hint that this is DS2
>>
>>336581019
No. Lords of Cinder were people who could have linked the fire. However, the decision was entirely up to them.
>>
>>336580845
When your in road of sacrifice Anri says he's in CoD, two areas ahead (road of sacrifice & cathedral of the deep). You have to do CoD before Irithyll so when you talk to Anri after deacons he's at least 2 areas ahead (Irithyll and Anor londo).
>>
>>336581079
Maybe it's a region used to access the other area?

I wonder how it would open up, though.
>>
File: ciaran2.png (1 MB, 1469x1547) Image search: [Google]
ciaran2.png
1 MB, 1469x1547
>>336572476
Nice image. I've enhanced it with waifu2x and I was thinking of adding a background. Any ideas?
>>
>>336581127
youre joking right

DS2 took place across the planet
>>
>>336566205
It could be just a name his followers gave to him, and his original name is still lost in history.
>>
>>336581019
Yeah, the lords of cinder are the ones based off of builds. Not the soul of cinder who uses multiple playstyles in his fight.
>>
>>336581239
Clean the edges first, looks awful
>>
>>336581127
>The crack and light filtering into the area reminded me of new londo, one more hint that this is DS1
>>
>>336581136
They all did besides the princes; they're only referred to as a Lord of cinder because the younger was cursed or raised or destined to become one.

Says Aldrich was forced to, Yhorm is a bro and felt bad about the profaned flame, and the abyss watchers fight against the abyss/dark, they all linked the flame.
>>
File: 1449246860010.png (220 KB, 270x483) Image search: [Google]
1449246860010.png
220 KB, 270x483
>>336581239
Put weed in the backround
>>
>>336581268
Transient Lands, anon. It's said in the intro.
>>
>>336580453
>takes Anor Londo from gods and establishes the rule of MEN
He's a hero.
Best part is that even Yorshka doesn't know boipucci is dead.
>>
File: aldrich caterpillar2.jpg (219 KB, 1047x722) Image search: [Google]
aldrich caterpillar2.jpg
219 KB, 1047x722
I wish there was more lore on Suhlyvahn in the actual game. Since he's a pope, wouldn't he have been close to the royal family?
>>
Who did Aldrich eat to have his title include gods plural?
>>
>>336581410
The princes show that you can be a lord and not link the flame.
>>
>>336565987
>>Dragonslayer is NOT Ornstein but just a high ranking lothric knight

How fucking dumb are you?
>>
>>336581136
I think the game pretty explicitly hints that they all did. Even if the dialogue and prologue are somewhat vague they gain aspects of flame during their boss fights. And the skulls you place on the thrones save lothric are charred and burnt.
>>
>>336581268
i don't think it's things betwixt either, but that shit really doesn't matter

topography gets mingled all the time
>>
>>336581534
Gods.
>>
>>336580718
I assume Londor is New Londo, since it's tied to Kaathe and sounds a bit like it. The name could be a red herring though.
>>
>>336581594
What are you trying to say? Dragonslayer Armour isn't Ornstein, it's a random set of armor used by one of Ornstein's dragon slayers that was animated by the Pilgrim Butterflies flying around the castle.
>>
>>336578224
Holy fuck
>>
>>336581534
Don't need to eat more than one.

If a guy killed one king, I could see him being referred to as a "slayer of kings"
>>
>>336581529
he's only pope because he's the leader of a new fucked up church, he never was it in an official capacity
>>
>>336581534
Because devourer of God sounds like there is only 1 God and devourer of a God sounds shitty.
>>
>>336581534
Nito
>>
>>336581621
Princes' item explicitly said they did not link the flame.
>>
>>336581529
I`ve found strange that there was`t any connection between Darth Pope and royal family. Can`t believe that such a power hungry person didn`t try to get more political influence.
>>
>>336581534
nito, maybe priscilla
>>
>>336581703
What exactly are the Pilgrim Butterflies?

I assume they're somehow related to the pilgrims.
>>
File: 1461402521485.jpg (49 KB, 440x960) Image search: [Google]
1461402521485.jpg
49 KB, 440x960
>>336581529
>>
>>336581534
The translator.
>>
>>336577142
Shut the fuck up. So tired of you closet fags wanting everything to have a cock.

Kill yourself in front of your family.
>>
>>336581703
>, it's a random set of armor used by one of Ornstein's dragon slayers

There's no indication that any other Dragonslayer used the golden-colored scaled armor with plume and cross-spear. Keep your goddamn fanfiction to yourself.
>>
>>336581534
It's a title. Aldrich is someone who is worshipped in-universe. Eating a single god is enough for his followers to simply call him "the devourer of Gods"
>>
>>336581534
There is a case for Nito, (soundtrack, gravelord scythe, cape) but I'm not sure if it fits with the CU killing Nito in DaS. Perhaps he ate some of the more minor gods, or it's a translation thing to make it sound nicer in English? I don't think Japanese uses plurals in the same way English does.
>>
>>336581534
>The mirage-like aurora veil is said to be an article of the old gods, permitted only for direct descendants of the old royal family. Maybe Pope Star Wars fed Dancer's immediate family to Aldrich.
>>
>>336581871
look at the model, there is an actual adam's apple there, even makes sense to disguise him as a girl
>>
>>336581871
It's allright, if you thought that he was a girl when you jacked off to him it doesn't make you gay, so calm down, dude.
>>
>>336578224
Is this a baby gaping dragon?
>>
>>336568248
I think >>336578393 is right
Remember DaS1, Artorias went down in history as the one who had bested the abyss when it was all CU's doing
>>
>>336581796
Well yeah cause when you put him on the throne it's his head with the fleshy bits still intact. He was supposed to be the one to link the flame this time but he fucked off cause some scholar put the idea in his head not to go through with it.
>>
File: boufclap.gif (1 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
boufclap.gif
1 MB, 245x300
>>336581870
>The translator.
>>
>>336581857
The Pilgrims are the guys like Yoel who have the big cocoons on their backs, if they survive long enough then the cocoons burst into butterflies. It's a little uncertain what their purpose is, though.

>>336581872
>The Dragonslayer Armour, controlled by the Pilgrim Butterfly, lost its master long ago, but still remembers their sporting hunts.
We know there were other Dragonslayers from evidence in DaS, and we know that Ornstein characteristically uses a lion helmet and a spear... neither of which Dragonslayer Armour has.
>>
>>336581839
>nito
The guy who canonically died in the first game? Yeah, sure.
>>
>>336581529
>A ceremonial sword, held in Pontiff Sulyvahn's right hand, representing the Profaned Flame.
>Long ago, when Sulyvahn was yet a young sorcerer, he discovered the Profaned Capital and an unfading flame below a distant tundra of Irithyll, and a burning ambition took root within him.
He was a literally who sorcerer that stumbled across Chaos Flame aka Old Chaos of Loyce aka Profaned Flame and then learned how to wield pyros, darkmoon miracles, sorceries and Stand Power all at once while going up the church hierarchy ladder.
>picture puffings
>not picture pumparumps
Missed opportunity.
>>336581720
Well he still most likely acts on behalf of Gwyndolin, considering that Yorshka is completely oblivious of what happened to her idol and that silver knights still serve him/Aldrich.
>>
>>336581829
But that's the thing, I'm convinced that he was related to the King, but there's simply no way to prove or deny it. And honestly as soon as I saw Lorian I instantly thought of Vordt or the outrider knights. It would make sense if Sully was responsible for their curse since he doesn't want the fire linked
>>
>>336581796
>>336581591
The younger prince did not, you're right.

But because he was raised since he was born to be a Lord of Ember, as it was his destiny, he is referred to as one.

The others all did it, as they either were like the CU, strong enough fuel source and either chose or were forced into linking the flame.
>>
>>336581872
>golden-colored
You should get your eyes checked, mate.
>>
>>336582081
>if they survive long enough then the cocoons burst into butterflies
Where's the source on that? Is there a pilgrim set?
>>
>>336570195
The Throne was about linking the flame, but your objective was to cure the curse.

With the DLC, you find a curse, but only for yourself, by wearing the crown.

The point is that there's no cure, your personal objective is irrelevant, and the cycle of linking the flame goes on.
>>
>>336581872
Sacred Oath miracle you retarded cunt.
>>
>>336582081
>We know there were other Dragonslayers from evidence in DaS

Yes, and they used greatbows.

>and we know that Ornstein characteristically uses a lion helmet and a spear... neither of which Dragonslayer Armour has.

Are you fucking blind?

What the fuck do you think the Dragonslayer Armor's helmet looks like? What do you think the Dragonslayer Greataxe is mounted on?
>>
>>336582081
So are those "butterflies" the ganglia dragons later? The stuff the tree people at the beginning are growing in to?
>>
File: dragonslayer_greataxe[1].png (23 KB, 192x285) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer_greataxe[1].png
23 KB, 192x285
>>336582081
You pull up a picture of ornstein's spear it's pretty obvious where it was broken and then remade to create the axe dragonslayer armor uses.
>>
Here are a few things I thought up, let me know your opinions.

>Drangleic
Drangleic is a distant land, further away from Lordran than Astora or Catarina was / is. Mirrah, and other locations mentioned in 2, are more so in-between Lordran and Drangleic.

Dark Souls II takes place after the events of 1, but before the events of 3.

>Throne of Want
Not the Kiln of the First Flame.
Like how Humanity is used to fuel the Flame ever so slightly, the Throne of Want does the same. See it as a big Souls Deposit Box; you can burn yourself up as fuel, but you can't snuff the flame out or anything. I also imagine that this way is less effective than doing it directly.

>Aldia, Light, Dark and Inbetween
The Age of Fire, also known as the Age of Gods, is the state of the world where the Fire is burning brightly and safely. During this period, life is pretty regular-fantasy-medieval.

The Age of Dark, also known as the Age of Man, is the state of the world where the Fire has burnt up. Everything will be Dark and humans will revert back to their original forms, Hollows. But just like how the Fire spontaneously appeared during the Age of Ancients, it will one day come into existence again.

The Age of Ancients is the period before the Fire came into existence; it was also not Gwyn who truly "ushered in the Age of Fire", the Fire was already there without him. Since Fire exists, the entire yin-yang stuff came into existence as well, so it is probably not possible to ever go back to this state.

>Beyond the scope of light and the reach of dark

In DaS3, that is taking the flame for yourself and forcing it to remain lit as dim as possible, to ensure the Age of Man, without a Fire popping up in the future anymore.
>>
>>336571960
he will include your theories... but not you.
>>
>>336582276
You mean the one that talks about Nameless King, Ornstein and Gough?
>>
File: dragonslayerarmour3_tc.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayerarmour3_tc.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
>>336582278
Take a nice, long look at this guy. His face looks nothing like a fucking lion and the DSGA is indeed melted but doesn't seem to be made of a spear.

Do you have a source that says dragonslayers ONLY used bows?

>>336582334
Yes.
>>
>>336582132
Interesting, but I think that Lothric`s curse has connection with Seath`s illness. Probably Oceiros experimented with Seath`s genes or something like this.
>>
>>336582106
>across Chaos Flame aka Old Chaos of Loyce aka Profaned Flame
Wait, are you sure the Chaos Flame and the Profaned Flame are the same thing? In the description for Soul of a Demon it says:

>Demons were born of the Chaos Flame, but the flame has not survived, and the demons are a dying race.

Whereas in the description for the Profaned Greatsword it calls the Profaned Flame "unfading".
>>
>>336576001
>Ornstein was the only dragon slayer ever

You probably think Oceiros is Big Hat Logan, too
>>
>>336581971
>>336582019
Same(literal)fag
>>
>>336582656
More like Big Balls Logan now, amirite?
>>
>>336580352
What's the area dead centre, in the far-off distance?
>>
File: 3zZDF49.png (8 KB, 438x119) Image search: [Google]
3zZDF49.png
8 KB, 438x119
>>336582707
>>
>>336582571
What we or I think the profane flame is someone took humanity and combined it with the old chaos flame
>>
>>336581621
If they linked the flame why aren't they part of Soul of cinder?
>>
>>336582707
Why you can't admit that Gwyndolin will likely rise a boy as a girl? He was like girl himself, you know.
It's already in DS1.
>>
File: ATgux.jpg (138 KB, 1461x752) Image search: [Google]
ATgux.jpg
138 KB, 1461x752
>>336582556
>Take a nice, long look at this guy. His face looks nothing like a fucking lion

It clearly does looks like Ornstein. The "moustache" easily matches.the middle of Ornstein's face,

>but doesn't seem to be made of a spear.

Then check it again. Its a broken-off cross-spear with a hunk of metal on the end.
>>
help where do i go after aldrich ive got everyone apart from the king

help in the form of hints or riddles also appreciated
>>
>>336580352
Top right corner might be the lake with the structure in the middle thats shown on the collectors edition map

Someone got a scan of it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.