[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Steam >Origin >Uplay >GOG Galaxy >Battle.net
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: 4346346345.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
4346346345.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
>Steam
>Origin
>Uplay
>GOG Galaxy
>Battle.net
>Bethesda.net
>W10 Store

Literally why?
>>
>walmart
>sobeys
>safeway
>save on
>AG

litrially why?
>>
RIP PC gaming
Killed by AAA and indie devs.
>>
>blue
>red
>orange
>brown
>yellow

Literally REEEEEEEEE
>>
>potatoes
>tomatoes
>tornadoes
y
>>
>>336400310
Only like 3 of these, people like or use

Steam is pretty universally liked
Origin is divisive, but it's reliable, fast and probably doesn't spy on you
UPlay is garbage and worse than blood cancer
Battlenet is garbage and worse than lung cancer
Bethnet is alright, consolefriends can play their ittle little approved mods
W10 store is ass garbage and I wish it would stop fucking existing
>>
liked it better when everything was on steam, competition isn't even good, they keep making crap and selling it at full price
>>
I honestly don't have a problem with any of them except W10 store.

>choosing a different install location makes it download a bunch of other junk including another one of your personal folders
>if you restore your computer, the game folder and all the junk it created will have different permissions so you can't even access it any more

They really should just use the Xbox app as their own dedicated Steam clone. This shit is not working with Microsoft's games. They know it, too because they're still releasing stuff like WE WUZ and Ori and the Blind Forest on Steam.
>>
>>336400310
Gog is here to save us from the faggotry of Steam. The rest are cash grabs.
>>
>>336400530
>>336400663
>>336400701
Idiots, none of those are bloat on your PC.
>>
>>336400310
you forgot epic games launcher op
>>
>>336401092
Fuckin' lrn2pirate
>>
>niggers and spics

Why
>>
GOG when possible

Steam if not on GOG Or if the sale is irresistible

If it isn't on either of those, it's likely only on one of the others, so there is no choice to make.
>>
>>336401092
Put a tomato a potato and a tornado in your computer and see how bloated it gets.
>>
File: 1458102216573s.jpg (3 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1458102216573s.jpg
3 KB, 124x125
>>336400310
GOD TIER:
>Steam
>GOG Galaxy
MEH TIER:
>Origin
SHIT TIER:
>Uplay
>Battle.net
>Bethesda.net
THE SHIT TOOK A SHIT TIER:
>W10 store
>>
>>336400310
You forgot the Epic Games Launcher.
>>
>>336400310
Because they all want to be Steam.
>>
>>336400310
I like Galaxy, it's optional, but I like it because I don't have a bunch of shortcuts for games everywhere now
>>
>>336401351
Enjoy your rootkits
>>
File: Horizon-Launcher-2[1].png (1 MB, 1840x1510) Image search: [Google]
Horizon-Launcher-2[1].png
1 MB, 1840x1510
>>336401667

dis

http://launchhorizon.com/
>>
>>336401667
I don't mind B.net fuck you.
>>
>The only one that matters tier
Steam
>A valid DRM free alternative to Steam but doesn't quite have the library tier
GOG Galaxy
>All their games are shit anyway. At least now they are in isolation tier
Origin
Uplay
Battle.net
Bethesda.net
W10 Store
>>
>>336401667
>Steam
>God tier
>>
>>336400310

Mr robot a shit . Itsallinyourheadgimmiemyadderallmaymay.
>>
>>336401768
i'll root my kit in your mom faggot
>>
>>336400310
>>W10 Store
fag

>>Bethesda.net
what now?
>>
>>336401975
Rude
>>
>>336400310
>W10 Store
please dont let that be what I think it is
>>
>>336400530
they all sell milk
>>
I will say one thing about Origin. Over half the games I have on there were free to me and a lot of them aren't "free" games. I also had to deal with EA tech support once and he was actually extremely helpful, despite the horror stories we've heard.

I still won't forgive them for killing all of Will Wright's games, though.
>>
>>336401874
I like Titanfall and Origin gives some good free games out.
>>
>>336402183
Origin has really good support and refund policy. Steam is shit tier in those regards
>>
>>336402001
>what now?
It's something they just announced. Basically, they are pulling all of their games from Steam because Bethesda want to enact the paid mods idea so they can gouge people more and Steam wasn't allowing it after it blew up in their face last time. Will peoples' game licenses carry over from Steam to Bethesda.net once they pull all their games from the network? Who knows.
>>
>>336401818
> open source

oh this should be good
>>
File: spurdo.png (14 KB, 195x207) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
14 KB, 195x207
>>336401283
more like ebin games launcher
>>
>>336401818
This is interesting.
>>
if you think about the history of digital, valve got really lucky

>steam launch was a disaster
>green steam era was essentially the dark ages
>microsoft says leave digital to us and makes gfwl into an even worse client
>ea says leave to digital to us and makes origin even worse than gfwl and green steam combined
>ubisoft says leave digital to use and not only makes uplay worse than origin but makes a single player game in its flagship series server based which proceeds to not work
>sometime later blizzard revamp bnet and introduced realid which goes over like a fart in church
>>
>>336402982
Origin works fine, I'm not sure what this meme hate about it is. Uplay is way worse
>>
>>336403029
it works fine now. the first iterations of origin were atrocious.
>>
File: 1314746655685.jpg (12 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
1314746655685.jpg
12 KB, 300x279
>>336400310
>steam
older than dinosaurs and more choice than a hometown buffet. don't player hate the player, son. player hate the game.

>origin
lol the customer service might be better than valve's, but what has EA made in the last decade that was worth the retarded amounts of dlc you have to buy for their games.

>uplay
do you literally like dildo's covered in razor blades in your asshole?

>GOG galaxy
a GOG platform? i thought what made GOG desirable was that you didn't need a platform for it...

>Battle.net
i haven't opened mine in a few months, not since an overwatch beta i was in. Let's face it. we only play blizzard games because they're the most casual and least shit games left on the market.

>Bethesda.net
they made a platform too?? fuck those niggers and i hope and pray that whoever dl's that gets aids and die on pitchforks

>W10 Store
literally who?
>>
File: 1457375594594.gif (4 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457375594594.gif
4 MB, 300x300
>>336402423
thanks for the update.

Fucking jews. I'll keep modding SKyrim and New Vegas till the end of time. Fuck you Bethesda.
>>
>>336403267
You don't need the GoG platform. It's optional, it's just for people who want it
>>
>>336403386
that's what i more or less figured. makes sense too. i love GOG and don't have a problem with them having a platform. in fact. I'll probably go DL it now.
>>
>>336403532
Feature wise it's not near steam right now. It tracks your play time and has achivements for some games, but means to add much more
>>
File: 1457163386054.jpg (163 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457163386054.jpg
163 KB, 1600x1200
>>336403532
It's great. I don't mind it at all. It's small, fast and looks nice. ATM I have only Witcher3 installed, it allows autoupdates for patches and other things.

Bretty cool.
>>
Whatever happened to just downloading files from a website?
>>
The issue isn't so much that they are shit anymore. I am sure Uplay and Origin are far more functional now than they used to. The issue is, why do they exist at all? I don't want 9 launchers of proprietary bull shit creating all these hoops I have to jump through just to play my fucking games. Why can't they just put their shit on Steam like everybody else? I mean, Ubisoft and EA make shit games anyway. So it's not like I use their proprietary bull shit. But I imagine needing to jump through so many hoops going from one network to the next going from game to game would be incredibly annoying. The whole idea of the Steam network was to put all your games in one place as well as acting as a store to buy more. EA, Ubisoft, and etc are going against that for the sake of going against it. Just making shit irritating. In Bethesda's case, not only are they doing it simply to be fuck heads but they are also doing it because they want to enact paid mods. So REALLY fuck them.
>>
>>336403532
It's pretty much a glorified download manager for GoG games right now, but still useful if you have a big GoG library.
>>
>>336401886

>le reactionary contrarian hipster faggot opinion

Steam is pretty great. Get shrekt honkey.
>>
>>336403783
i only have like two games on it.

seven kingdoms and knights and merchants (which i got kam on steam for 98cents)

but there are other games i thought about getting too.
>>
>>336401898
Far better than that shitty Game of Thrones, seriously how the fuck that show won a emmys?
>>
>>336402423
>It's something they just announced. Basically, they are pulling all of their games from Steam because Bethesda want to enact the paid mods idea so they can gouge people more and Steam wasn't allowing it after it blew up in their face last time.

Wait what

Does that mean I'm going to lose my games or do you just mean all new games coming out?
>>
>>336403720
facebook came out and everyone wanted that shit in their clients, then everyone wanted muh cheevos and badges.
>>
File: 1426720395681.jpg (34 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1426720395681.jpg
34 KB, 408x439
>>336403267
>literally who?
The one that's holding fucking KI right now
>>
>>336400827
>EA dont spying on you.
if they could get away with it, they will farm bitcoins with your pc with their app.
>>
The only one you need is Steam. GOG is great but their launcher is optional. All the others make the shittiest of shitty games anyway so you can just ignore those.
>>
>>336403720
they all died or got shut down.

good luck finding one that wont give your computer herpies or lead you through 30 different links to get your download from somewhere in russia.

>>336404101
KI? im not trying to bait you or pretend to be stupid. Literally Who?
>>
>>336404213
Killer Instinct
>>
>>336403973
>Does that mean I'm going to lose my games or do you just mean all new games coming out?
If I recall they are being all pulled from Steam. I would assume your licenses should carry over, but, Bethesda is a terrible company so I wouldn't be surprised if they made you rebuy them all. If your licenses carry over, I don't know how they would do that and it will probably done in some incompetent way that ends up fucking a lot of people over because this is Bethesda we are talking about. Incompetency is their A game.
>>
>>336400310
>>336400310

Market Competition
They saw how much GoG & Steam were eating without bother and decided they wanted to stick a finger in the pie too.
>>
is this bethesda net stuff confirmed anywhere or is it just speculation?? i definitely wouldn't put it past beth to do everything mentioned but if its real i guess its time to start backing up all the good mods and maintaining copies of old game that can't be updated to whatever shit they're gonna pull.
>>
>>336404672
Problem is GOG is DRM free. EA and etc will NEVER do that. So they can't take anything from GOG. Steam is far too established as THE system to use and sell on.All they can do is take their own games and sell them on their own network. They would also probably demand way too much of a cut to sell on their network. Steam takes peanuts. I don't see any developer leaving Steam for Origin or whatever. Steam just has the install base and is just a way better option in so many ways than any of the others.
>>
>>336403267
>i thought what made GOG desirable was that you didn't need a platform for it...

It's optional.
>>
I really wish everything went through steam. Mirrors edge 2? oh yeah, Im not paying a cent to Origin.
>>
>>336400310
You see how atrocious steam support is and how shit some of their features are getting

>wanting a fucking monopoly EVER

Steam is great but the day they're completely uncontested is the day we all get raped hard
>>
>>336404782
As far as the paid mods thing goes, they haven't come right out and said it. But they did say they will have some kind of mod system and push support for their modders. Reading between the lines and remembering that this IS Bethesda we are talking about; it's a pretty safe assumption to make. Especially since when Valve canned the monetized mods thing, the ones who did all the bitching were Skyrim modders. So it will be easy for them to get their mod dev community to accept it because they cried for it anyway.
>>
>>336401092
They're bloat in the physical world, so it's worse.
>>
>>336404782
I doubt they update their old games like skyrim or fallout new vegas to lock them behind Bethesda.net. But it's certainly going to happen with Fallout 4 and future ZeniMax games like Doom and Dishonored 2.
It's yet to see if they go full Origin...
>>
File: guess the country.jpg (80 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
guess the country.jpg
80 KB, 500x240
>>336401092
>Walmart doesn't bloats people
>>
>>336405391
Yea that's the thing. I want to play Mirror's Edge 2. But I am not using that shit. So I will just pirate it. If it was on Steam, like everything else, I would actually pay them. But fuck them.
>>
>>336400310
I caved in with Steam and pirate everything else, just because I got cough doesn't mean I also want herp or aids along with it, most laughable are dual DRM from Ubisoft.
>>
>>336405735
>I want to play Mirror's Edge 2. But I am not using that shit. So I will just pirate it.

denuvo m8
>>
>>336401768
But I'm not the one using origin and the other shits :^)
>>
>>336406040
Will get cracked before I even make l dent in my backlog.
>>
>>336406040
>implying denuvo is impossible to crack
It's happened. It just takes time. I'm fine with waiting. I don't need to play it launch day. Even if it never gets cracked, Ill just never play it. Oh well. I'd rather never play it then put up with proprietary bull shit.
>>
>>336400310
Dont worry Ill make my own all encompassing software. oh wait
>>
>>336400310
Steam takes a large cut, justifying everyone elses launchers and markets. Browsers are dogshit at downloading large files, further increasing the value of having a launcher at all. The launcher also helps retards keep their games updated.

Its a necessary evil.
>>
>>336400310
>not using steam exclusively
>>336400530
>not going to save-a-lot exclusively
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.