[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my build v
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Capture.png (120 KB, 1072x952) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
120 KB, 1072x952
Rate my build v
>>
>>336393642
Why did you go for the 750D when the Corsair C70 does a much better job for lower cost?
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>AMD CPU

stopped reading right there
>>
>>336393642
Wait for Zen, can't stress this enough
>>
If you're buying AMD wait for Zen

If you're waiting for ZEN you might as well wait for the 400 cards
>>
what makes zen worth the wait?
>>
I wouldn't go for those amd CPU's, at least unless you plan on doing something that greatly benefits them over an i5, their price has been stale for years

>wi-fi adapter
I hope you don't plan on playing anything online
>>
>$140 for 16 gigs of DDR3 RAM

Nigga, how dumb is you?
>>
it's 32gb for editing
>>
Skip the h100i, i have it and i hate it.
Stopped buying Corsair a while back but got stuck with this thing because i sold my Seidon 120v with an old cpu and needed something asap, the h100i was all i could find locally.
Its bulky, loud as fuck, and the software sucks.
Just get a single rad closed loop cooler for half the price and same performance. Corsair uses its brand name to spike prices 20% for products that arent any better than anything else. Corsair holds my current record for most DOA products, including a faulty psu that set back a build 2 weeks because of corsairs fucktarded service, and i had to pay $30 shipping to send it back.

Just get 8 or 16gb ram, use the savings to buy an i5 or something.
>>
File: 1460256857680.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460256857680.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>gayman PC
>32 jiggawatts of RAM
>wifi adapter
>optical media drive

mobo, case, ssd hdd, even grafix are ok.
>>
File: Laughing Whore.gif (2 MB, 357x305) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whore.gif
2 MB, 357x305
>>336394512
>He spent more on his RAM than his MOBO
>>
So should i do an intel nvidia build but what processor and video card would be good for both editing and gaming.
>>
I figure this is the right type of thread.

I've got a i5 2500k 3.30GHz cpu, and I fear that it's causing a bottleneck in some games.

What would be a better upgrade that isn't going to cost an arm and leg?
>>
File: 691_970i5.png (38 KB, 455x424) Image search: [Google]
691_970i5.png
38 KB, 455x424
>like $1300 for an AMD PC
>>
>>336395871
Did you try overclocking?
There is nothing on the current CPU market that offers a worthwhile upgrade from 2500k atm.
>>
>>336396561

I'd be afraid of breaking something.
>>
File: Capture2.png (136 KB, 1170x969) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
136 KB, 1170x969
OP here with update to current build
>>
>>336397575
Master of computers here.

Don't get a 750D case. It's huge. You don't need a case that big. If you're looking at Corsair's Obsidian line, get a 450D at least.

For the love of god, don't spend $300 on a fucking motherboard. ASUS is a safe bet, but you could get one perfect for your needs for half the price.

Everything else is okay. Buying a GTX 970 right now is retarded as fuck, but if you can't wait, I can't stop you. The next series of cards in like 2 months away, maybe even less.

Wi-fi adapters are generally shit, but it depends on your environment. You should really find a way to hard wire.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.