[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo guys. I'm trying to find a good survival game with good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: rust.jpg (15 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
rust.jpg
15 KB, 460x215
Yo guys. I'm trying to find a good survival game with good pvp

pic semi related
>>
there isn't one
>>
well it's only half rust

kinda sucks :/

Usually get annoyed and stop playing. Complete waste of time unless you hunt 12 year olds with a bow.
>>
>good
>game

You came to the wrong place buddy
>>
>>336384374
All games are waste of time. And hunting 12y.o. would be fun.

How's hurt world?
>>
File: 1459342957832.jpg (20 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1459342957832.jpg
20 KB, 399x388
>>336384509
Yeah, i don't know what i expected.
>>
Literally impossible. Once PVP is introduced, newbies get fucked completely and no one wants to play.
>>
File: killu.jpg (5 KB, 129x129) Image search: [Google]
killu.jpg
5 KB, 129x129
>>336384685
>Literally haven't played a single survival game
What the fuck do you do in one if not pvp? build houses?
>>
good pvp and good survival are mutually exclusive
>>
>>336384878
if you wanted to pvp, why aren't you playing a dedicated pvp game?
>>
>>336384957
Well how about a good survival game with pvp then?

>>336385092
Cause i wanna fuck with people. I wanna make them really mad (i am a bad person). And most of dedicated pvp games does not have:
1.crafting
2.open world
3.exploration

and dying feels very meaningless cause you'll just respawn. And dont dear to mention Cock Slap: Gay Offender
>>
>>336385542
oh so you're a low skill player

>1.crafting
>2.open world
>3.exploration
yeah, that's an mmo, which is for low skilled, slow players like yourself
>>
>>336385542
cont.
And i really dont care about climbing my ladder just so my e-peen gets little bit bigger
>>
>>336385696
So what if i am? I dont play to get skilled at it. I'm playing it to have a good time
see>>336385697
>>
>>336385846
>So what if i am?
you're barred from requesting "good pvp" when you're a bad player
that's all
>>
>>336386067
Then we have a bit different opinion on "good pvp". I mean fun and engaging. Not balanced.
>>
>>336386067
And if you can't provide a good game and only want to shitpost please leave. You can find another thread to shitpost on.
>>
>>336386301
>Then we have a bit different opinion on "good pvp"
a bit?
no, your definition is completely different, and incorrect

a good "player versus player" environment would be a level playing field so the skills of one player could be put up against the skills of another player
you are looking for a game where you have mechanical advantages over other players to make up for a lack of personal skill

you specifically want "bad pvp"
i recommend looking into pay to win mobile games and mmos
>>
>>336384878
Survive against the elements (heat/cold, weather, maybe disease), manage food/water/whatever, NPC attacks like wild animals.
With PVP, it's nearly impossible to get set up for an average (i.e. not PVP focused) player, and literally impossible to make any kind of alliance or base because it will get fucked over by any asshole with two friends or traitors. But for some reason every game feels the need to focus more on the PVP than the survival.
>>
>>336386301
How is it even possible for something to be engaging if you have innate advantages given by the game? I honestly cannot understand how people can have fun when there is literally no challenge in something.
>>
>>336386606
Yeah, but i want a bit of both. And pvp adds a good bit of survival in it. simply trying to avoid other players.
>>
>>336386301
Survival and good pvp don't particularly go hand in hand. If you aim to survive you have to abandon the idea of pvp'ing. If you aim to pvp you have to abandon the idea of surviving.

They are quite contradictory like that.
Either way, rust is utter shit. Dayz standalone might get good again when the next update hits.
>>
>>336386861
Do you know if Hurt world is any good? I know it's a bit more survival then pvp but it seems like a good one.
>>
>>336386828
Maybe it's different for you, but all my survival PVP experiences have been late-game bands of 3-5 people running over and fucking my shit up for literally no in-game reason. There's no resource to be gained from someone who literally has nothing but a rock and a torch, but they do it anyway because it doesn't matter to them, and online games bring out the asshole in people.
>>
>>336387036
Sorry anon, i have no experience with that game.
>>336387106
Rust is just a shitty game that isn't thought through at all, the developers have no idea what they are doing. Situations like these can't be helped with such retards manning the sails.
>>
>>336387106
That's why you either make friends in the game or play with friends.
>>
>>336387279
I have never made a friend in one of those games who didn't go on to betray me. There's no tangible reward for being loyal. It's almost always better to betray and take all the loot for yourself.
>>336387261
Got any other suggestions? I enjoy the idea of the gameplay but never found a game that does it well.
>>
>>336387904
Wish i could help you anon, but aside from my tiny run in with rust i haven't touched the genre since the dayz mod was in its glory days back in 12/13 or whenever. Sadly the dayz mod is completely dead today.
>>
>>336388258
Damn shame. I think there's a lot of potential there but the only big games right now are Rust and H1Z1.
>>
>>336388338
The genre holds some potential. Rust fails miserably at everything it tries to do however, and i've yet to hear a single good thing about h1z1. Honestly i'd recommend checking out dayz when 0.60 hits. It's the only one that's close to what you want.
>>
>>336388639
I just wish there could be a game that was less focused on zombies or PVP, and more focused on working together to survive a harsh environment. I'm thinking about primeval humans, when we were just starting to settle down in camps together, and making tools for the first time.
>>
>>336383531
This game used to be good until the bitch of a creator caved and made it stupidly easy to survive the environment
>>
>>336388831
sounds pretty boring desu. At one point you would have a stable food source and shelter, at which point it would be just the same old tale of fucking around trying to kill each other.

Altough a cliche the zombie setting does it's job well with concentrating resources in areas that players have to fight for, which blends very well with your desire for both a pvp and a survival game. At least in theory it does. No game does this properly yet.
>>
Rust is getting better with every new patch. The performance is still shit, but they're "trying" to fix it.
>>
>>336390214
it's getting mechanically better perhaps, but the gameplay is a straight downhill with no brakes.
Like the noob killing flammenwerfer, why the fuck was that added? it wasn't needed at all.
>>
>>336390504
I guess they're trying to appeal to the crowd that just wants cool end-game weapons. No one cares enough about getting started, since most people just view that as something to be rushed to get to the "good stuff"and kill newbies with it
>>
>>336391103
and them just throwing every idea they come up with into the big pile of "to be added" is what makes the game so shit. The features don't go hand in hand very well.
>>
>>336391864
Exactly, they're going with short term popularity instead of long term replayability
>>
>>336391103
>I guess they're trying to appeal to the crowd that just wants cool end-game weapons
That autokills new blood in games, and unles your game has an autistic fanbase (like fighting games) it's a sure way to either kill any interest for new players or to relegate it into a niche as fuck hole, which shouldn't be the idea for a survival game exactly.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.