[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ayy lmao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (383 KB, 571x516) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
383 KB, 571x516
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/05/02/battlefield-devs-slam-call-duty-infinite-warfare-trailer-precious-2010-graphics/#/slide/1
>>
Who gives a fuck?

The next battlefield will be another fucking joke anyway. I can't wait for 20 tick servers and infinite fucking bugs.
>>
>>336374252
it's like this industry's not even for us anymore, it's just fucking tech nerds having a dick-measuring contest and we're expected to be the middle men and pay $60+ dollars to prove whose dick is bigger.
>>
Its like a retard calling another retard fucked
>>
>>336374252
From the developers whose latest work were a season pass shitfest and another one that literally didn't function months on end.
>>
FROM THE DEVELOPERS THAT BROUGHT YOU HARDLINE
>>
also it's pretty funny that this was worth writing an article to somebody

find a new job, Mack Ashworth
>>
>>336374252

Pot calling kettle black, i would brag about having moved on to ARMA 2 then 3 but god damn the controls are so clunky sometimes that it hurts. Took them this long to implement being able to change weapons WHILE running.
>>
It's funny, because Call of Duty continues to sell better, yearly, at probably less than a tenth of the budget of Battlefield.

They may both be trash, but at least Activision doesn't blow massive budgets on their trash.
>>
>>336375272
Hardline actually had really good graphics
>>
>>336376048
too bad about, um, everything else.
>>
>>336374252
Who gives a shit about the graphics if the game is a snoozefest
Bf3 looked great, but didn't stop me from falling asleep while playing it
>>
>>336374252
>developers of a shitty game act like they're any better than the developers of another shitty game

Amazing
>>
>>336376141
>>336376048

Story of all DICE titles since BF4, and even then it's arguable
>>
>>336376048
Graphics don't matter if your game is a huge piece of fucking shit.
>>
>>336376442
Hardline was good for people who liked playing infantry light vehicles only. It was priced a bit too high though. It wasn't that shitty
>>
>>336376378
It was made by Visceral, Dead Space devs.
Not defending Dice though, they are shit.
>>
>>336374252
Holy shit this really is what a PC driven gaming industry would be like

>discussion of gameplay is virtually gone
>muh fps
>muh graphics
>>
>>336374957
Battlefront 3 and memefront were relatively bug free launches. I think they learned their lesson with 4
>>
>>336376598
you literally just described /v/.

you're describing the world we already live in. and have lived in for a few years now.
>>
>>336376873
Battlefront also had the benefit of being extremely limited in scope.
>>
I love all the little cod and battlefield kids who constantly rail on each other.

>mfw battlefield fags are so deluded that they think they are patrician
>>
>>336376598
A PC driven industry would never discuss FPS because if it's less than 60 they would be seen unanimously as having fucked up
>>
>>336377447
cod is also extremely limited in scope and yet the releases of ghosts and blops 3 were an utter DISASTER
>>
File: dpaZEWA.jpg (148 KB, 1897x491) Image search: [Google]
dpaZEWA.jpg
148 KB, 1897x491
Reminder the next games gonna be 1944
http://www.battlefield.com/news/road-to-battlefield
>>
I'd rather kill myself than play any of Battlefield singleplayers
First mission of battlefield 4
>go into construction place
>grab a mortar
>shoot the mortar at helicopter
>doesn't do anything, you die
>restart, run along with the story
>press F to cut off leg
>get into car
>MISSION OBJECTIVE: SHOOT DOWN HELICOPTER
>NPC passes you a mortar
>you shoot the helicopter down with the mortar

that's lazy fucking design, if you don't want the player to shoot down the helicopter, don't give him a mortar before the fucking cutscene you retards
>>
Why is it that the beginning of ps3 era we still had so many WWII fps that you could puke from sheer amount of them, but now we get futuristic shit when we need a good WWII shooter?
>>
>>336378204
>mortar
>>
>>336378204

The campaign of 4 was total ass, I'll agree with you there, Hardline was barely a step up as well. They really tried to go full CoD with just to figure out they can't even do that properly, they just aren't fun.

Bad Company campaigns were fine though.
>>
battlefield is garbage. bf3 is genuinely one of the ugliest, most boring games I have ever played. battlefield is fucking depressing and dice need to know their fuckin role
>>
>>336378204
>playing cod or battlefield singleplayers
lolwut. they're tedious, boring, scriptathons for weirdos. they only serve to have stuff that the company's marketers can put into trailers. they're never fun to play and no one every plays them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buying multiplayer games for the boring scriptathon singleplayers
DUDE CUTSCENES AND SCRIPTED HELICOPTER CRASHES LMAO
why would you ever play that.
>>
Cod will work when it comes out at least.
>>
>>336378784
But Black ops 3, Advanced Warfare, and Ghosts were all broken for the first week of release on PC. The only broken Battlefield game was 4.
>>
>>336378867
Hardline and 3 were fucked when they came out on all platforms.
>>
>>336374252
>battlefield
Remember when bf4 crashed nonstop for 6 months bf devs?
Remember when everyone jumped ship because you cant figure out how to even release a game past alpha problems?
Battlefield has became the TORTANIC
>>
>>336378780
>>playing cod or battlefield singleplayers

its interesting you say this considering people bitch whenever an AAA game doesn't have a campaign nowadays.

whats funny is that in the mid/late 00's nobody gave a damn about the singleplayer.
>>
>>336375103
>AAA devs
>tech nerds
The tech nerds are the poor expendable schmucks that just program the game and are laid off after the game launches.
The real enemy are the artists and management-type people.
>>
>>336381693
Those were horrible times.

I for one welcome the saturation of open world games over boring scripted linear shitfests.
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
They are just mad they've made a futuristc Battlefield for this year and there are no spaceship yet.
And also the fact that their star wars game had no space battles and new COD has them.
>>
File: Roland-02-555x282.png (98 KB, 555x282) Image search: [Google]
Roland-02-555x282.png
98 KB, 555x282
>>336376598
we're living in dark times friend. times where frames per second and texture resolutions are worth more than good gameplay.
>>
>battlefield
>call of duty

who cares?
>>
>>336376598
Despite the fact that PC gamers focus on the better graphics of PC versions of games, you're blind if you think that's a PC only talking point.

The whole reason consoles are the way they are nowadays (besides the Wii/Wii U, as Nintendo basically opted out of that contest) is because the number one talking point of new major games these days, is graphical fidelity. It's why 60 fps is not a priority for consoles, why resolution standards are frequently not met. Consoles also need to be around $300-400 at most on launch or get laughed out of the room. But graphical fidelity is also the biggest, easiest way to hype up a game, and those demands need to be met on a hardware budget. So cuts are made else where.

This shit talking here is an outgrowth of the way the console market works, not the PC market.
>>
>>336375103
It's not for us who wants to cater to a demanding audience who wants variety and quality when you have an audience that is happy to pay $60 for the same game every year
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (61 KB, 560x588) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
61 KB, 560x588
Advanced Warfare was so far above the typical CoD dreck that I'm only really looking forward to Sledgehammer's next game, I'll be willing to give this one a 2hr try though.
>>
We can shit on CoD all we want, but at least Activision understands that 60fps on consoles is important for the franchise.

EA can't even get a functioning server months after launch
>>
>>336374252
>someone makes a tweet
>this is somehow news worthy

now I understand why so many threads start with a pic of someone's tweet
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.