[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncharted 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Who's hyped for this GOTY contender?
>>
>>336363895
I just want to see the game, where I can found a playthrough ?
>>
>another scripted adventure
>goty contender
>same year than The Witness, Dark Souls III, Nioh, Persona 5, Nier Automata and Zero Time Dilemma.

not really
>>
File: 1422986895324.gif (94 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1422986895324.gif
94 KB, 408x408
>>336363895
>Only a week left
I'm so excited
>>
>>336364027
No where, any videos from leaked copies are getting taken down super quick.

I think they've given up on the Crash thing, since there's pics everywhere, but it's impossible to find any major story sections or especially the ending or opening.
>>
>>336364027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5PqzUeL-U

here
>>
>>336364839
This looks fucking boring.
>>
>>336365138
literally how? The gameplay webms are nonstop action
>>
>>336365357
Yeah, action that you have barely any control over, where you move slow as shit and plink at a few dudes before making scripted jumps from setpiece to setpiece.
>>
>>336365517
fuck off, you've never played any of the games.

if you had you would know that you have control the whole time. Including during things like the rope swing; you have to swing him out of the way of the poles and climb him over the boat
>>
>>336365826
No, I saw the part where he clipped the pillar. The audiovisual bluster around such simple mechanics is fucking tiresome, though. You have to dodge maybe two or three things in that entire thirty-second segment. The gameplay isn't nearly compelling enough to warrant the excitement.
>>
File: jx79mSL.png (17 KB, 731x83) Image search: [Google]
jx79mSL.png
17 KB, 731x83
>>336364401

>MFW there's already butthurt in the comments
>>
>>336366262
>The gameplay isn't nearly compelling enough to warrant the excitement.
I disagree. The core gameplay is solid and cinematic mini-parts like that are great fun and never overly-long. That cross-bridge-rope-swing only happens one time in the entire game, which is at least 16 hours long. It's not like it's some core part of the game
>>
>Who's hyped for this GOTY contender?
There is hardly anything more damning than this question followed by this thread.
>>
>>336367009
But the shooting, as seen in the truck scene, is. And it looks like slow, tedious shit. You spend almost half of that webm locked in animations. The driving requires almost no thought whatsoever.
>>
>>336364089
I don't even care about uncharted but you're cucking yourself if you think any of these games will be a better contender than uncharted 4, maybe DaS3.
>>
>>336367326
>And it looks like slow, tedious shit.
It doesn't matter, the fact is it's not slow and it's not tedious. The multiplayer beta has proven that.

The only animations you are "locked into" in the truck webm are when you are in midair jumping and when you are fighting the driver of the jeep (there might even be an invisible QTE to that, if melee prompts were disabled). Everything else is just microsecond pauses during transitions like going into cover.
And the driving requires no less thought than driving in any other non-racing game. They actually added a lot of new elements for things like torque and traction under different surfaces when driving; it's not nearly as half-assed as you assume.
>>
me
>>
I am. Just finished play UC3 over the weekend. People seem to say all of the games had slow starts but I don't remember UC1 and UC2 being as slow as the third was to get going. I had a lot of fun when it did though.
>>
>>336365357
Non stop scripted scenes
>>
>>336364839
>literally posts an advertisement for the last link
Fuck off shill
>>
>>336371016
can't appreciate advertisement?
>>
>>336371016
it's a god-tier ad tho
>>
Only game I want to play on PS4

Wish I knew someone that owned one so I could borrow theirs to play it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.