[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My final exam for Speech requires that everyone present a persuasion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: dusty-wiiu[1].jpg (64 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dusty-wiiu[1].jpg
64 KB, 640x360
My final exam for Speech requires that everyone present a persuasion speech. I've decided to do mine on the Wii U since Nintendo is a pretty hot button topic right now.

I have approximately one minute to convince my mates that the Wii U was a complete gimmicky disaster.

What are some big bullet points I could use to convey this?
>>
No one knows what a Wii U is, what you're doing is unnecessary.
>>
if you cant think of these reasons yourself you probably should be writing on something else.
>>
File: 1460654200182.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1460654200182.png
21 KB, 508x610
Enjoy getting laughed off stage for doing what should be a serious presentation on fucking video games. Is your life really devoid of anything else that you're passionate about to do a persuasive speech on?
Also, this >>336361876
>>
>no games for a year
N O G A M E S
O
G
A
M
E
S
>>
Why do you think Nintendo is a hot button topic to normal people?
>>
>>336361876
I love my Wii U, but this

The average consumer is only aware of Xbone and PS4
>>
File: 1461653765514.png (591 KB, 722x832) Image search: [Google]
1461653765514.png
591 KB, 722x832
>>336361418

Seriously? Seriously?
>>
Do a speech on something difficult. The point of a persuasive speech is trying to argue for something that is onviously terrible but making others believe it's good.

Like why trump should be president
>>
Just talk about immigrants or something, geez.
>>
>>336362638

Came here to post this.
>>
make sure to record your speech OP
>>
>>336362814
Gotchu famalam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPU45IKVPys
>>
>>336361418
the big problem of the wii u is that you have 2 good options

1-an expensive powerful machine
2-a cheap, and affordable, underpowered machine

the Wii U is neither, it is underpowered, and its gimmick (the gamepad) is so expensive to manufacture, that it makes the machine expensive.
Without the gamepad the Wii U would be sold for less than 200 dollars.
>>
File: 1497197195892.jpg (6 KB, 130x120) Image search: [Google]
1497197195892.jpg
6 KB, 130x120
>nintendrones trying to dissuade OP from tearing the pii u apart with the "cringeworthy" argument

Wew lad. Nobody fucking cares what you talk about.

1) No 3rd party support

2) The GamePad is a gimmicky piece of shit that they couldn't even commit to because not a lot of games used it

3) GAMES TIED TO CONSOLE NOT ACCOUNT
>>
>>336362538
I would be mad at my mum is she had such awful taste that Tiger Tail was her favorite ice cream.
>>
>>336361418

Help me shitpost, I'm too lazy to do it on my own

/v/.jpg
>>
>1 minute speech
>final exam
Sounds like a wonderful class
>>
>>336363465
It was pretty average.
>>
>>336361418
Oh, I read that as "My final exam for Speech requires that everyone present a prostitution speech".
>>
File: 1453228296814.jpg (908 KB, 1517x1138) Image search: [Google]
1453228296814.jpg
908 KB, 1517x1138
>>336361418
holy shit is that a real spider
>>
>>336361418

>1 minute

what kind of intro to comm class is that?
>>
>>336361876
There are people at my local Gamestop who still think the Wii U is a tablet accessory for the original Wii.
>>
>>336361418
So, you like easy mode, OP? You are a huge casual. You choose the easiest thing to convince your mates about. EVERYONE knows the Wii U failed hard.
Good on you, I guess. I hope your professor will realize how lazy you are and give you a very low score.
>>
>>336361418
>I have approximately one minute
One minute to deliver a speech for you exams? That's a third of what we did when we wrote practice speeches in third grade, that plus the fact that you picked video games as a topic makes me convince you are either A: Underaged, B: Autistic in a special needs class, or C: Both
>>
>>336361418
They fucked up with the name
They thought people bought the wii because of gimmicks and not because of their family orientated marketing
Nintendo is run by very bad business men
>>
>>336363928
community colleges in america is easy mode
>>
>>336363681
thanks anon that pic made me laugh
>>
File: 1460075092279.png (131 KB, 227x260) Image search: [Google]
1460075092279.png
131 KB, 227x260
>final paper is on homosexuality and gay rights
>you can choose to be in favor of it but not against it, if you aren't in favor of it you must explain why and write it in a ambiguous/neutral manner, not negatively

thanks professor
>>
>>336363928
Well this is the same school that accepted some faggot who gets /v/ to do his homework
>>
>>336361418
I did a persuasion speech about why MMOs are bad for you and I got an A+
>>
>>336364086
In his defense, manipulating anti-nintendrones is a pretty big accomplishment.
>>
>>336361418
taking the easy route and stating it is a disaster...
here it sold way less than it's competition. it doesn't have support from companies like ea who holds the casual market. Calling it a gimmicky mess is the wrong call, though. The gamepad feels very natural and enhances most games just by having the second screen as the map.
>>
>>336361418
Marketing was confusing
Many games require use of gamepad without using it.
Only a handful of games actually support it.
Wii u sales are the lowest of the 3
Will be abandoned this year
Continued the gimmick trend nineteen do used since the 90s

Make sure you acknowledge that splatoon was OK with the motion controls
>>
>>336363819
Rightfully so cause it basically is
>>
>He still does prestentations on fucking video games
>>
>>336361418
Is not really a persuasion speech when it's a fact.

When I was in college my persuasion speech was that free will doesn't exist.
>it was pre determined that you would hear this speech
>>
>>336361418
The fact that they sold it for less than what they produced it for, Nintendo failed to understand a basic rule of economics
>>
>>336364078
Fags are mentally ill and think they deserve SPECIAL rights vs the average rights they have like any one else.

Gay marriage was all that was left what more do they want.
>>
>>336361418
>not presenting marijuana legalization persuasion speech
its like you don't even get bitches.
>>
File: good head on his shoulders.jpg (46 KB, 499x359) Image search: [Google]
good head on his shoulders.jpg
46 KB, 499x359
>>336361418
>My final exam for Speech requires that everyone present a persuasion speech
>mine is on videogames
You aren't a very popular guy, are you?
>>
File: peepoo.png (23 KB, 441x504) Image search: [Google]
peepoo.png
23 KB, 441x504
>>
>speech class in college
>first week assignment was "show and tell" to break the ice
>collect 1/6 military figs, bring in a nude one i had laying around
>realize a quarter way through im literally showing people a naked doll and spilling spaghet everywhere

good times.
>>
>>336365831
and the rest of his class will do persuasion to quit smoking, get the flu shot, vote for Bernie and other boring bullshit.

do you think anyone really gives a shit about speech class? he might as well do what interests him.
>>
>everyone thinking it's real
He made it up so you could give him arguments to use on /v/ later, no one would actually pick that as their topic
>>
do NOT do university assignments about video games. ESPECIALLY for a speech class. there is no way you are going to be able to do it well. i see so many people online planning on making this mistake. shit, i did it when i was in school. DO NOT DO IT

i get it, it's like your main hobby and you're super immersed in all the knowledge and culture about it but that's going to work against you. it's all 2nd nature to you and you aren't going to be able to bridge the gap to a normie, probably a generation older, professor because you don't understand what the gap is. even if you perform perfectly you're going to come off as a sputtering sperg talking about why his trainset is better than jimmy's. this is especially going to hurt your specific idea. some 80 year old professor in a dead end comm department job doesn't give a flying fuck about the wii u, he doesn't know what makes a game console good. He's not going to have any fucking idea if your points are valid or not, you cant persuade him. and you're being graded on how persuasive you are.

you're also probably going to have to cite sources. there aren't good ones for video games. so you're either going to be unironically writing "Rock, Paper, Shotgun" on an ostensibly scholarly work, or citing one of those shitrag books written during the 80s about how the NES was a Jap plot to brainwash our kids as revenge for dubya dubya 2

the only possible way you MIGHT be able to swing this as a topic is if you come at it from a business perspective. start by talking about the wii, because there's a good chance normies know what that is, cover it's unprecedented success and the wii u's crash using objective sales data, and then "what went wrong" in an executive boardroom style not mongolian basket weaving board shitposting style. of course, i don't think that fits the persuasion criteria, and given that your starting point is "gimmicky disaster lmao" i don't think you have the chops.
>>
Do a real speech.
>>
>>336368382

This motherfucker...

Knows his shit.

I rarely applaud posts. But right now... I'm clapping, faggot
>>
>>336368382
My friend got an A on his demonstrative speech on how to raise and breed pokemon.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.