[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Dominaton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
>Warcraft is deader than ever
>WoW is on its last legs
>Leigon is more than likely going to kill WoW for good.
>Warcraft 4 never ever
>Starcraft completely dead, Blizz cares much more about Overwatch and Hearthstone

NOW, WARHAMMER
>30k has pretty much perfected the tabletop wargame
>Inquisitor Marty
>Total Warhammer
>Battlefleet Gothic
>Space Hulk Deathwing
>Eternal Crusade has a chance of not being awful
>DAWN OF WAR 3 COMPLETE WITH BASEBUILDING AND SUPERHEAVIES
>Age of Sigmar is gradually clawing itself up out of the shitheap.

IT'S OVER
WARCRAFT IS DEAD, WARHAMMER REIGNS SUPREME ONCE MORE
>>
>>336355865
I can't wait for my Age of Sigmar games senpai.
>>
>>336355865
>Age of Sigmar is gradually clawing itself up out of the shitheap

Says who? Its never going to be competitive, the prices are only going up, and nobody but the most devoted GW sycophants actually play it regularly.
>>
>>336357038
It will end up being more competitive than 40k or Fantasy given the community input.
>>
>>336359218
How? At present it has no balancing mechanic or point system, the power level of models is all over the place, and nobody is sure if its meant to be played with a handful of models as a skirmish game or with dozens like 40k or even more like original Fantasy. Age of Sigmar is a total nonstarter. In order to be even the slightest bit popular it would have to be a totally different game.
>>
>>336359443
>How? At present it has no balancing mechanic or point system

They're releasing a point system and they're taking community input. AoS will end up being far more competitively balanced than Fantasy ever was.
>>
>>336355865
>That pic
>Warhammer 40k
>When it's not even 40kverse

bruh
>>
>>336360304
What makes you so sure? And if GW really gave a damn about community input why would they have fucking axed fantasy? You sound like exactly the kind of GW fanboy sycophant Im talking about >>336357038

AoS as it is now is horrible, and GW has a horrible track record when it comes to "fixing" things. What makes you so sure it'll be so balanced? You sound like Trump or something.
>>
>>336361140
>What makes you so sure?

The announcement they made.

>And if GW really gave a damn about community input why would they have fucking axed fantasy?

Fantasy was not doing what they wanted.

>You sound like exactly the kind of GW fanboy sycophant
>What makes you so sure it'll be so balanced?

I'm hardly a sycophant when I'm saying that the new system made with community input will be more balanced than the old systems made by pure GW. I'm saying AoS will be more balanced because players will have more say.
>>
File: cheeky CA.jpg (84 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
cheeky CA.jpg
84 KB, 2048x1152
>>336355865
Total warhammer is NOT going to be AoS
>>
>>336361867
Everyone who cares about balance is either playing 9th age or 40k, even though neither is perfect, what makes you think anybody in the AoS "community" will have anything valuable to say about balance when everyone who wants a real game has left for greener pastures?

GW is just desperate.
>>
>>336355865

While I agree with a lot of your points;

>Eternal Crusade has a chance of not being awful

You have to be kidding. Eternal Crusade is confirmed to be a piece of shit and absolutely no one outside of a few retards likes AoS.
>>
>>336362163
>Everyone who cares about balance is either playing 9th age or 40k

You're being foolish if you think the promise of points isn't already bringing competitive players in.
>>
>>336361938
when was that released?
funny that they teased dawn of war 3 like that
>>
>>336362528
they put it on their facebook page right after the trailer came out.
its their homage.
>>
>>336355865
>30k has pretty much perfected the tabletop wargame
Two highly sophisticated jokes.
>>
>>336360304
Sure, the heads that thought the current situation was a good idea will surely be able to surpass what they were incapable of maintaining in the first place.
>>
>>336362437
I dont think that, I know it. My roommate is on the ITC captains council for ATC this summer and nobody is giving AoS any attention.

ATC is the EVO of tabletop, if you're not there, you're nowhere.

Everyone is satisfied with how 9th Age and its competitors are doing. I think you're foolish to defend and believe in a company that has throw consumer relations out the window for going on a decade now.
>>
>>336362590
that´s fun.
still curious on how much in the 40k trailer is actually going to be part of the game.
like are eldar, space marines and orks just going to be sucked into the warp at some point in the story?
having to fight so that they might escape the realm once again
>>
>>336362437
You are foolish if you think that they have not long left for better games and left warhammer behind entirely.
>>
>>336362856

It says the story is about a catastrophic weapon on some planet and the trailer shows what is clearly a Khornate skull pit. It's obviously Chaos.
>>
>>336362808
>I think you're foolish to defend and believe in a company that has throw consumer relations out the window for going on a decade now.

I'm not defending GW, I'm saying AoS will be more balanced than their previous rules because of community input.

If you consider that a defence of the company then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>336363212
What Im calling into question is that GW will actually use community input, or that there is a community with any useful input to provide. Both of those assumptions are, from what Ive seen, unfounded.
>>
>>336355865
>>Age of Sigmar is gradually clawing itself up out of the shitheap.
Nope
>>
>>336363375
>What Im calling into question is that GW will actually use community input

I don't see why, they're asking for it after all.

>that there is a community with any useful input to provide.

There definitely is, any level of community will provide a better balancing mechanism than previous ones which amounted to a handful of designers putting down what points they thought were right.

I'm not saying the game will be the best thing ever, it it will definatley be more balanced than 40k or Fantasy which have never been close to balanced.
>>
>>336363212

If they really cared about community input they'd scrap AoS and bring back actual Warhammer. It's pretty clear the entire redesign was made to appeal to teenagers and children.

Fair enough that WHFB wasn't selling that well, but I really doubt AoS is the only solution they could come up with.
>>
>>336364156
>If they really cared about community input they'd scrap AoS

That's just plain unreasonable thinking. Scraping AoS would mean them tossing away expensive molds and books. They want community input for balancing a game with living documents, and that costs them nothing.
>>
>>336364618

Tossing away what? Stormcast Eternals? What a fucking loss. It's hardly the first time GW have scrapped an army.
>>
>>336364779
>Tossing away what? Stormcast Eternals? What a fucking loss.

Yes it would be a terrible loss, new plastic molds aren't cheap.

>It's hardly the first time GW have scrapped an army.

It would be the first time in a loooooong time. probably since they started with plastics for everything.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.