[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how do crates work in CSGO? I have like 10 crates, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
So how do crates work in CSGO?

I have like 10 crates, but I never earn any keys. do you have to buy keys? What is in the crates exactly?
>>
>>336351812
Cant you just open them like in Overwatch?
In Overwatch you get every level a box that contains 4 items and 1 is always minimum rare.

Would be retarded that you first have to buy the game and then buy keys to open the boxes.
>>
You have to buy keys for a few dollars to open the crates. Then once you open the crate, you get a piece of shit skin that you will sell for a few cents, for a net loss of a few dollars. Alternatively, you can just sell the crates and make a little bit of money for each one. Furthermore, you have the option to play a better game and not have to deal with any of this.
>>
>>336351812
You either buy them at 1.79 a pop or sell them on the marketplace. Don't buy any keys. 99.9% of the time you'll get some shitty skin worth 3p. You might aswell throw your money down the drain.
>>
>>336352003
>>336352004

wait, they're just skins. There not like new weapons or something valuable?
>>
>>336351812
It works like lottery tickets. Except the box is more like the thing you need to be allowed to play the lottery, then you have to get the key, which is like you buying the lottery ticket.

You either waste several hundred dollars and get a few cents, or get $800 worth of steam dollaros for $3.

Is gambling that targets underage kids without being gambling.
>>
>>336352076
Yeah, just cosmetic skins that most of the time look like shit.
>>
>>336352076
Teens nowadays value skins, they want to look rad.
>>
>>336352076
Style is everything. Will you ever learn, nigga?
>>
>>336351812
>tfw i buy a few souvenirs off the maket for 30 cents
>I unbox a 5$ one
>the 5$ one went up to 10 dollars and the 30 cents go to 2$
>>
File: patrick_bait_4567897654.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
patrick_bait_4567897654.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
So much bait
>>
It's an item box for skins that you need to open with a key paid for with real money.
When you open it, it analyses your last 3 games and gives you the quality of item you deserve.
>>
I remember how it was easy to sell those crates for 1 EUR each.

Now they rare get around 0,1. Whatever, cant really sell them anyway, since Steam forces their mobile app and I have Windows Phone, so here goes my 15 days block for each marketplace sale.
>>
>>336353582
Just sell them when the crate starts dropping
>sell wild fire case for 5$
>buy 2 keys
>keep selling them to get keys
>wait till price drops
>buy crate in bulk
>>
>>336353282
are you just spouting things you hear randomly to try and fit in
>>
File: agfdsgbg.jpg (61 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
agfdsgbg.jpg
61 KB, 658x370
>mfw I sell weapon and crate drops like I'm playing the stock market
>make $1.00 profit eventually
>buy multiple skins that I think look cool
>some cuck actually wasted almost $3 for the skin I bought for $0.23
>have an entire arsenal of cool skins for free

You'll cowards don't even know how to wheel and deal
>>
>>336353859

I often just get older crates and besides - that 15 days block prevents me from effective selling anyway.
>>
>>336354079
ah true.

I don't have the 15 day block though... why do you have it?

I have a 15 block for trading but not market
>>
>>336354201

Because Steam set it up on everyone, who dont want to link their account to their mobile app "for security reasons".

But said app is for Android/iPhones, no version for Windows Phone. Even after MS made it easy to port iPhones apps to their own OS.

Gabe hates Windows that much.
>>
>>336354539
Oh that sucks

I just used the mobile security because im just paranoid AF. Never knew it wasnt for Iphone
>>
>>336354201
Because retards kept getting scammed and Valve thought it would be smart to fuck over all consumers instead of letting retards be retards.
>>
>>336351918
it is retarded, i spent like 50$ on them before i realized how stupid i was. luckily i got a knife that i sold for 120$ so i never actually lost money so i guess i cant complain too much
>>
>>336354539
I mean windows phone sorry
>>
>>336354028
>Watch Tournaments
>Get two Souvenirs each tournament
>Got lucky with a FAMAS Styx in 2015
>€60
Neat, then I spent it all on keys.
>>
>>336354689

Not to mention punishing some consumers for picking different phone than what Valve likes.
>>
>>336354689
I thought it as because people were duping shit
>tfw i never will hear people bitch about skins dropping
>>
File: 1444853333086.jpg (181 KB, 632x430) Image search: [Google]
1444853333086.jpg
181 KB, 632x430
>>336351812
Is CSGO the most jewish game on the market right now?
>>
>>336354870
I don't even own a smartphone so I had to use WinAuth for it, though I already used the program for a few other authenticators.
>>
>>336354975
That and Dota 2, I really hate the jew shit that they did with drops.
>Can get up to a certain amount of drops every week
>Introduce level system
>Can now only get 1 drop peer week on level up
>>
>>336355272
What?
You get random drops all the time.
The changed that system literally more than a year ago
>>
>>336355368
It's been more than half a year since I've gotten a weapon skin other than the weekly 1 drop.
>>
>>336355368
yes but leveling up is a guaranteed one
>>
>>336355516
destiny has a better loot system then this.

then again I kinda enjoy destiny(though its loot system used to be garbage) so its not saying much desu
>>
>>336353989
no, it honestly sounds like stuff you can google and find out in about 15 seconds
>>
>>336355608
Destiny is a skinner-box lootgrinder like Diablo, how do they even compare?
>>
>>336355732
in destiny loot used to be near impossible to get(IE csgo) then they kinda fixed it

it was a exageration
>>
>>336351812

Nothing but ricer skins to make your guns and knives look like Nerf toys.

Don't buy keys. Sell your crates. People who actually collect skins are idiots. You're free to mod your guns to look however you want. Valve's skins only change how they look to other people, and nobody cares what skins you have.

Also, like other people said, it's a gambling system, meaning the house wins. 99 out of 100 people get burned when opening them.
>>
>>336356156
>You're free to mod your guns to look however you want

I remember that there was once case of Valve banning users for using server that allowed everyone to try skins on their weapons, without actually owning them.
>>
>>336357587
it blacklisted the servers not the players :^)
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.