[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
jesus fucking christ im already 19 hours in and finally i am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 13
File: 000878.jpg (956 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
000878.jpg
956 KB, 1920x1080
jesus fucking christ im already 19 hours in and finally i am able to change party members

will it finally get to the "fun" part?
>>
There is no fun part, you've been memed.
>>
That's a final fantasy so no.
>>
>he fell for the "it gets good 20 hours in" meme
>>
I thought it picked up around pulse
>>
File: 000577.jpg (863 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
000577.jpg
863 KB, 1920x1080
>>336347064
>>336347095

fuck

will i get more of this qt though?
>>
>>336347013
No. It never gets fun. It only *looks* fun.
>>
>>336347013
Once you can kill the turtles, it gets pretty fun
>>
>>336347210
No, it's a wasted character design.
>>
>>336347210
>he doesn't know
She'll literally die in the next 5mins
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>336347210
>gets a literal quistis in perfect form

>turns it into a literally who enemy who dies in minutes

why cant square do it right?
>>
File: 1428570715540.png (274 KB, 489x546) Image search: [Google]
1428570715540.png
274 KB, 489x546
>>336347210
You poor bastard.

Fuckin' bart, man.
>>
If im not mistaken you have to fight the pope you might finally rage quit here
>>
>>336347013
look at the bright side, at least the OST is good
>>
>>336347013
You unlocked the combat so fun part starts from there.
>>
>>336347013
I lost my save for this game literally minutes after the game opened up and I was able to fight the giant turtles.

I was actually enjoying it but I don't know if I have it in me to do that 20 hour prologue again.

Also, one thing that really bothered me was that loot seemed very hard to get in those 20 hours. I never felt like I was allowed to work towards a cool weapon or acc or anything like that. It was really annoying.

Does that change after the game opens up?
>>
>>336347803
Not really. I couldn't work out the upgrade system and didn't bother farming. So I just stuck with the first weapon. It works since XIII is completely reliant on the classes.
>>
>>336347210
Evil Quistis is the most wasted FF13 design.
>>
>>336347576

Oh shit, that's when the game gets good? I wouldn't say I ragequit it, but I died once after fighting him for a while and just felt like I'd reached the end of my tether with trying to push through to "the good part."

I'm kind of fucked off I didn't go 15 minutes longer now.
>>
>falling for it gets good 20 hours in
someone saying that should raise an eyebrow OP. No one should have to wait that long. In most FF's the fun part would have happened atleast 2 hours in.
>>
>"fun" part
It starts when you finish the game and start up FFXIII-2
>>
>>336349562
this, the most enjoyable part of that game is the music
>>
>>336347013
It's okay, OP. The game was too deep for me the first time too. Only on a replay did I see the light and realize how brilliant the entire thing was. Don't worry if you don't "get it." That's normal for plebeians.
>>
>>336349562
>game blatantly designed as Valkyrie Profile 3
>SE just plastered FF13 skin on top of it

I'm still mad.
>>
Holy fuck, I can't remember a thing about this game besides the ending. Why was it so forgettable?
>>
>>336351251
Because it's a storytelling abortion. I can't believe no one called it out on it during development.
>>
OP, if you hold out a bit longer until you get to actual Gran Pulse, you'll start getting your shit pushed in repeatedly by everything and things will get fun.

>>336347064
Fuck off, the only one here memeing is you
>>
>>336351251
Probably because people told you to hate it so you went in with a closed mind and refused to change. If I point a flaw, that's all you're going to be looking for, and in doing so, you miss out on how the flaw eventually uses itself to become a brilliant piece of storytelling.
>>
>>336348467
Yeah, you have to fight robo pope, do some trials thing in some hallways, fight Bahamut, fight Alexander, then you get to actual Gran Pulse
>>
I liked XIII-2 but didnt get very far because I couldn't tell where to go, I ended up startling LR and liking itwhen it came on pc and finished it.
>>
>>336351554
This, I played XIII and enjoyed it well before I realized /v/ hated it. Don't let faggots ruin a game for you.
>>
>>336351804
Muh nigga. LR was great. To this day, I've never done a perfect whirlwind kick. I've only seen videos of a single person doing it perfectly, and he only did it twice.
>>
>>336347095

It does get better on Pulse. It's still inexcusable it takes so long to get to that point, but it doesn't change the fact Pulse is a huge step up in gameplay options.
>>
>>336351804
They were good games because they were actually made by Tri-Ace. I just wish they didn't have to be part of FF13.
>>
>>336351318
This guy is the memelord, OP. Gran Pulse is slightly more fun than the game you've been playing so far by dint of its non-hallway level design, but it's still empty and boring. There's literally not a single person to talk to on the entirety of Gran Pulse.
>>
>>336351554
I don't know man, I went in reasonably hyped, but when the characters were sulking non-stop and the story was going nowhere (the black dude was the only one I liked) I gave up about 10 hours in when I realized I hated the combat system for some reason. Maybe I'll give it another chance before XV comes out.
>>
>>336352449
Don't bother. You experienced basically the entire game, minus the Gran Pulse intermission.
>>
>>336352449
When people say "Sazh was the only one I liked," that's the first clue that they went in close minded. He's the most likable character because he has the least character development and sticks pretty much to the stereotypical comic relief. When people say they like him best, it's a sign that they really don't want to take the time for character development and would like the devs to just tell them everything upfront.
>>
>>336352771
>he has the least character development and sticks pretty much to the stereotypical comic relief.
Except that's not true at all, retard, he's the only character with problems people are actually sympathetic to.
>>
>>336352771
So who's the best then?
>>
File: FF13.jpg (53 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
FF13.jpg
53 KB, 720x404
SE was too lazy to create a new good battle concept, so they forced you to use only 1 character during battle with no active switching.

Also rail playing game
>>
>>336352771
>>336351554
>>336351073

here are your (You)s, you can stop pretending to be retarded now
>>
>>336352839
Yeah and SE shit all over his development by tokenizing him. Fucking Toriyama
>>
If by "fun part" you mean exploring a huge empty map with tons of mmo tier quests then yes.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-03-08-56-10.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-03-08-56-10.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Fang a best

>>336353028
Not him, but the only one being retarded here is you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1angljRfWw
best song, though it took me a minute to remember what song it was.
>>
>>336347064
This. There are a few delusional people here that defend FFXIII, but they have the most insubstantial reasons. They will try gaslight you and try convince you FFXIII's corridor/cutscene structure was in the previous games too.

>>336351318
And that's like near the end of the game. It's ridiculous you would have to wait that long

FFXIII was a disaster due to a shitty development. It's a shame it was pushed the way it is.
>>
>>336352839
Except he doesn't. All the other characters have some part to play in their predicament. Guilt is a strong theme. But Sazh shoukd have no guilt, because his predicament was out of his control. The other characters are relatable because they are realistic beings filled with regret. Sazh is just there to make the player laugh and provide story info. If you take him out, nothing changes.
>>
>>336353632
>The other characters are relatable because they are realistic beings
You know what, I think we just have fundamentally different perspectives on this.
>>
>>336347013
Only if you aim for 5 star ranking every time, then you will be able to retry during fights, change your formation, paradigms and accessories and then try again for a 5 star.

What you gain from it? Better drops, some unique drops and the feeling of accomplishment.

If you're not interested, just stick to something cookie cutter like Snow, Hope and then Fang for attack damage, Vanille for magic or Sazh for haste and bravery & faith.
>>
File: 1444819318306.jpg (100 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
1444819318306.jpg
100 KB, 400x382
>>336347210
>get more
>>
>>336352771
>He's the most likable character because he has the least character development

No, he's the most likable character because he has sympathetic motivations and personality. He's just a dad who wants to save his son and gets wrapped up in a whole bunch of wacky magical god child bullshit. In a world where off the wall bullshit happens all the time and is only explained in codex entries, Sazh is the guy who actually reacts to shit in a reasonable way and is not a completely self-absorbed cuntwaffle over inane, dumb garbage like every other party character.
>>
>>336353887
>>336354095
Yeah, and that was his only shtick. I'm not saying he doesn't have good motivations, but he doesn't grow at all throughout the game, and indeed, serves no importance in it. He is pretty much, a one-dimensional character.
>>
It gets fun at the part you tell robo-pope no I won't do what you want but then do what he wants anyway

oh wait I meant gets more retarded
>>
>>336354404
Name a character in FF13 more likable than Sazh. Lightning? She's a prickly bitch. Snow? Fucking retarded. Vanille? LITERALLY fucking retarded. Hope? Dear christ that child has brain problems. Fang? Did she even have a character or was she just a walking plot device?

Static characters with good personality and motivation>>>>>Dynamic characters with shitty personality and motivation
>>
>>336352279
>hallway level design
Literally FFX and people like that shitgame.
Don't listen to the meme spouting retards that didn't actually play the fucking game.
I've played all FFs and XIII is not the best, but it's still great.
>>
>>336354874
And exactly why people don't like this game. They're not willing to let characters develop and invest. They'd rather just be told that these characters are good guys, this is their motivation, and this is their personality. Modern gamers can't seem to handle subtlety and multi-faceted characters.
>>
FFXIII is shit, moving on.
>>
>>336354960

I don't see FFX defended anywhere in that post.

>this other game does this bad thing too, therefore it's not bad
>>
>>336354095
>In a world where off the wall bullshit happens all the time and is only explained in codex entries, Sazh is the guy who actually reacts to shit in a reasonable way and is not a completely self-absorbed cuntwaffle over inane, dumb garbage like every other party character.
This. Everyone else is so up their own ass and anime I couldn't connect to any of them especially when their "development" is usually becoming more bland as people point out how terrible they are enough times.
>>
>>336355096
Cause their development isn't interesting and by the end they aren't likeable or interesting either
>>
>>336355426
Right, because in reality, having someone's world falls apart makes them crack quips instead of break down.
>>
>>336354960
>shits on X
>likes XIII

XIII is literally X done worse. Subversion of religious themes, past and present colliding through magical circumstance, characters acting as puppets in an ancient war both sides have long forgotten the purpose of. Only X actually had some depth to its worldbuilding and spent some time establishing its fucking setting instead of just throwing the player into the middle of a fucking mess of vague, unresolved, and unconnected setpieces.

>we're running from the cops
>let's go to an amusement part
>>
>>336355096
I'm not a writer but I'm fairly sure that the main objective of a writer is to make the main characters that you are going to control for dozens of hours either likeable or interesting from the get go (or at least a couple hours in), it pulls you in the story and the game world.

If you don't do that, then make the world interesting. But, at least for me, FFXIII's world wasn't interesting in the slightest.
>>
>>336355556
It is a story not a reality show

>world falls apart makes them crack quip
Did I accidentally click on a BvS thread on /co/?
>>
>>336355556
This. I liked Lightning a lot more when she realized just how fucked her plan was to take down the government.

The only reason the plot advanced further from there was Snow and best girl
>>
>>336348521
I'm still blown away that people actually thought that was a good argument.
>>
>>336355718
>son gets taken
>possibly turned into crystal forever
>let's look at the camera and go "I'm too old for this shit."
>>
>>336355918
You have to remember how hyped people were at the time. The game could have been a buggy mess and people still would have defended it
>>
>>336355961
Didn't he try to commit suicide but manned the fuck up and decided to punch God in the face instead?

I mean shit, how can you not like that?
>>
@336355096

weak bait, apply yourself
>>
>>336355521
>>336355693
They start out as flawed characters who've made mistakes and by the end learn from then and become stronger. You know who also does that. Real actual people.
>>
>>336356169
>Didn't he try to commit suicide but manned the fuck up and decided to punch God in the face instead?
I want this game instead of resting bitch face is a dangerous cunt and then becomes boring when they take the only part of her personality away
>>
>>336355096
You are trying terribly hard to defend a game that was not only cut in half so it could be released on the 360, but is a downright bore compared to other entries to the series. You don't sound intelligent, you sound like a fanboy for one of the worst mainline Final Fantasy games. Please get some taste.
>>
>>336347013
>ever since this game came out it's been called shit
>mustard race finally gets it
>it's great guys!
>>it's still shit
>>
>>336347013
When you turn off the game and play a good one instead, that's when you get to the fun part.
>>
>>336356606
This game was cut in half and yet still managed to give us the most engaging battle system, the most developed cast, and the best themes and narrative in the series. Imagine if it was actually completed.
>>
>>336347576
People actually had trouble with the pope? I seriously don't get it, I just spammed X the whole game and changing between mage-mage-warrior > tank-warrior-healer > healer-healer-tank deppending on enemy stagger/my hp, even got the 5* on final boss achievment. And the only real problem I faced was Odin because I was underleveled for wanting to play this game the least possible until I got to the "fun part" that never came, and the problem was gone as soon as I leveled up before fighting him.
>>
>>336356481
But they're still unlikable pricks. Lightning learned nothing. Snow learned that he shouldn't be so fucking stupid about his "heroism", but that doesn't change his fucking stupid behavior. Hope's character arc was nonsense in the first place, since it's pretty fucking clear to everyone involved that Snow wasn't at fault for Hope's mom getting killed. Vanille and Fang I don't even remember what they did in the story besides the ending where they merge and turn into the giant crystal pillar thing.
>>
>>336357392
Did you play the game on hard? Not sure if I was under leveled but I never grinded in the game and bosses would take at least 2 retires as I worked out a good strategy for them.
>>
>>336351554
I know this is a joke but holy shit there are people who actually think this. It makes my blood boil.

The game ends with them overcoming God with the power of friendship. The main conflict of them turning in to monsters is resolved by them willing themselves back to people. What fucking horseshit.
>>
>>336356836
This has to be bait. Are you literally insane?
>>
>>336353632
He was directly responsible for his son being turned into a crystal. You're just a retard.
>>
>>336353459
>Has a SFM model floating out there
>The only use people had for it was butchering it to make Tali
>>
>>336356463
this is advanced
>>
>>336357549
Lightning was initially resentful of the role she had to play by giving up her childhood to become Serah's surrogate mother. By the end, she realizes that Serah is a lot stronger than she thought and doesn't need to be protected, but she does need a sister. She learns to be part of a group and to lead. She goes from "looks like I have to pull Serah out of another mess", to "I have to save her because she's my sister."
>>
>>336347013
Its fun from the start m8
>>
>>336357867
It makes you mad that some people liked the game? Says a lot more about you than it does them.
>>
>>336358084
So he somehow forced Vanille to "invade" the power plant?
>>
File: laura-dern-2.jpg (478 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
laura-dern-2.jpg
478 KB, 1600x1200
>>336347013
The fun comes after you grind CP and levels at the tower fighting the same creature over and over again, then you can do a bunch of hunts that are fun -- except for the parts where you have to go all over the map to find them. Then you can go back and actually finish the game and ask yourself if it was all worth it, when you beat Orphan in 30 seconds because he was shite. But at least you get to see two lesbians do a 69 as they turn to crystal.

Pic related. It's your face after playing FF13.
>>
>>336354960
>FF X
>tons of NPC to talk to
>minigames & puzzle
>lore and shit explained instead of "here, read this fucking encylopedia and remember all the buzzwords in it"

yeah nah
>>
>>336359212
For some reason XIII was still more tolerable than X. Probably because of Teedus and (You)na
>>
>>336347803
It'd probably take half as long to get back to where you were if you skipped all the cutscenes.
>>
>>336359193
Grinding doesn't work very well for your rankings.

Actually it makes it much harder to get 5 stars.
>>
>>336354960
-3/10. See me after class.
>>
>>336347210
>Sold as super evil female Sephiroth
>QT design

Dies so quickly she may as well have been a random NPC shopkeeper

Skip 13 OP and just play XIII-2 which is easily the best in the series because no Lightning
>>
>>336362064
Actually i prefer Teedus over Lightning, dude was thrown into some weird adventure and decided to play blitzball instead of being a massive cunt
>>
>>336364182
>decided to play blitzball
Like a child and typical shonen protagonist
>>
>>336365180
Better than being a cunt to everyone and blaming Snow for something that beyond his power to prevent
>>
>>336347210
You can have her in your party in XIII-2
>>
>>336347013
Japs think western gamers are retards: The Game.
>>
>>336365712
>being a cunt to everyone
Lightning went through a lot more trauma than Teedus's "oh, lol, I don't know where I am"
>blaming Snow for something that beyond his power to prevent
I can't tell if you're talking about Hope or Lightning, but if it's the latter, Snow was a fucking idiot for trying to appeal to a Fal'Cie anyways when he could have just gone back to Lightning who is a literal soldier.
>>
>>336357549
They aren't likeable, but they are kinda interesting. Some of them at least. Rey in new star wars was very likeable, and people have huge problem with that too.
>>
>>336366424
She had a Downy-looking face to me for some reason. I'm glad she's not playing Lara
>>
>>336366219
Her whole stance toward Snow in the beginning of the story was
>why didn't you protected Serah like you promised
>fuck you i shouldn't have left you with my sister
>stop having fun playing hero with your rebel group

>Snow was a fucking idiot for trying to appeal to a Fal'Cie
And what can a literal soldier do to solve a l'cie problem ? She's either turning into a crystal or a fucking monster and Fal'Cie is the closest thing to God for them
>>
>>336367520
She was pissed about what happened, it's normal to take that out on someone like Snow

Also, she could have at least helped Serah hide from PSICOM if Snow had brought Serah back to her. Also, didn't Snow know that the Pulse Fal'Cie was supposedly evil?
>>
>>336365925
Is she still a qt?
>>
File: Nabaat abilities.jpg (81 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Nabaat abilities.jpg
81 KB, 720x405
>>336368384
Yes
>>
>>336369431
Is there a legit canonical reason for her inclusion?
>>
>>336347013

>will it finally get to the "fun" part?

Since no one has actually directly answered this. You're 3 hours away from that, but since you've taken 10% more time than an average player to get where you are now, make that 3 and half hours to be safe.

Then again I disagree when the game gets half-way tolerable. It happens only after you leave Gran Pulse and the game starts to finally trust that you understand the system and requires that you utilize it.
>>
>>336370602

no
>>
>>336370602
No, because time travel.
>>
>he fell for the FFXIII is a good game but not a good FF game meme
>>
File: 1461258662964.jpg (36 KB, 478x600) Image search: [Google]
1461258662964.jpg
36 KB, 478x600
>>336347013
The game actually turns to shit when the game allows you to choose party members and the Crystarium opens up for everyone.
>>
>>336370602
dlc doesn't need a canonical reason only reason is profit..
>>
>>336374737
Oh its DLC? That makes sense
>>
>>336374525
This
>>
>>336347013
If you weren't enjoying the story thus far, you should stop playing.
>>
>>336374525
This is true because, unless you're REALLY into grinding, at that point your characters are already defined thanks to previous 20 hours of the game railroading you and capping your Crystarium progress.
>>
>>336369431
The problem is that her fight is one of the hardest in the game so you probably won't get her until post-game
>>
File: 1454447404170.png (129 KB, 311x236) Image search: [Google]
1454447404170.png
129 KB, 311x236
I never understood how the mixing equipment worked in this game. How are you supposed to know what equipment gives you a bonus when combining?
>>
File: 170310_939617030.jpg (707 KB, 2316x3244) Image search: [Google]
170310_939617030.jpg
707 KB, 2316x3244
>>336377220
I think it's just flat ratio increased after a certain amount of invested experience. Weapon upgrading is justt pointless in the first place, though. You'll always just end up sticking with what you started upgrading first and because it's your classic Japanese kind of "content" aka autistic spreadsheet busywork.
>>
>>336377552
hey now, I don't want to hear shit against vagrant story, baka
>>
>>336355294
>people in general
>that post

>>this other game does this bad thing too, therefore it's not bad
But you are right here motherfucker.
I still enjoy FFXIII tactical gameplay, the environments and shit.
>>
>>336362717
When I'm done with you I'll keep all your lunch money.
>>
>>336380168
Take your ERPing somewhere else, faggot
>>
>>336369431
A-any alternate costumes?
>>
>>336347013
>he waited 19 hours to have "fun"
>>
>>336347210
Poor you
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.