[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you procedurally generate creatures and spaceships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2014010904_076.jpg (382 KB, 851x1260) Image search: [Google]
2014010904_076.jpg
382 KB, 851x1260
How would you procedurally generate creatures and spaceships in a way that doesn't use a list of parts?
In terms of importance to gaming, I'd say an algorithm for it would be in the third highest tier, alongside a good standard of highly adaptable player control and an efficient powder-toy-like 3D engine.

Lewd unrelated.
>>
lindenmayer systems of course
>>
>>336343896
I'm not a game designer so it seems a little bit of a stretch to me.

how do you randomly generate a mesh of assets if you have no assets modeled? an algorithm can't just pull them out of nowhere
>>
>>336344603
actually they can, that's what L systems do. instead of assets you have rules describing how to build them, which are broad enough to accomodate variations.
>>
>>336344363
Nobody knows what a Lindenmayer system is but you, anon.

>>336344603
3D modelling can actually be more based in maths than sculpting sometmes, with some pretty neat results.
For example, you can 3D model by making crude, box-like meshes that are made to subdivide in such a way that after subdivision, they look organic with well-defined features.
>>
>>336345108
Actually L systems were all the rage for /v/ discussions back when Introversion made the procedural city thing, and before that when kkrieger was made. It's systems to dynamically generate assets from rules.
>>
>>336345442
That sounds like procedural generation in general though.
>>
>>336345625
it IS a procedural generation operation after all.
>>
>>336343896
That looks pretty uncomfortable why would any girl wear that?
>>
>>336343896
Why do they use red rope for bondage? Some symbolism there?
>>
>>336345727
>huge ear gauges
>bong
Disgusting. What a shame, she has such nice perky tits.
>>
>>336346310
the illusion of helplessness and submission in an S role creates dependency and need on the M who teases, promises and then eventually provides satisfaction for the S causing much greater stimulation than a normal sexual encounter.

in other words go live more.
>>
Simulated evolution. The game can run some simplified version in background every time you boot it.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv1j0n_the-secret-life-of-chaos_shortfilms
(skip to 52:00)
>>
>>336346419
I'm pretty sure it's just because a lot of dom/mes like how red looks against skin.
>>
>all those ropes on her torso but not tied to anything to keep her in place

That wouldn't actually restrict the torso, would it?
>>
>>336347105
no, it just highlights the breasts, curves and pubic region of the body
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.