[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im in the mood for a mystey dungeon game. Should i ge this or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: download (2).jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
17 KB, 200x200
Im in the mood for a mystey dungeon game. Should i ge this or the etrian oddesy one?
>>
This one is good
I heard the Etrian Odyssey one was bad.
>>
>>336342358
I'm not normally into Mystery Dungeons but I fucking love the PMD series.

The Pokemon flavor does the genre a whole lot of good imo. The Pokemon, types, abilities, attacks etc. translate really well into the formula.

Super Mystery Dungeon has the best gameplay of the series yet, and is also the hardest by a large margin. You WILL get your ass kicked. Thankfully the dungeons are shorter than previous games. Short + difficult levels are ideal for any game, it means it's challenging without being tedious.
>>
Get Shiren the wanderer on ds, its better than all the spinoffs
>>
>>336342525
>tfw Shiren The Wanderer 5+ soon
Can't wait
>>
Fun fact: it's an exploit game but the exploit itself is near useless since you need another one like Ninjhax to load the save on there to begin with.
>>
>>336342496

Final story boss sucked though
>>
>>336342358
Having played both, Etrian Mystery Dungeon is harder but also a somewhat buggy mess that isn't a whole lot of fun to play. Some of these bugs are hilarious like a Princess skill giving you permanently maxed attack, but they kind of defeat the point. Also, it feels a bit misleading to say that it's 'harder' -- it is, but mostly because it's just more punishing. Your deaths have much heavier consequences, which can either be a selling point or a turn-off depending on what exactly you're wanting from Mystery Dungeon.

Super Mystery Dungeon is a bit easier but a generally better game. However, the entire main story is basically an obnoxious railroad (of which the first half is mostly irrelevant and the second half is rushed.)

Overall I'd say SMD is the better game, but if you want a more hardcore Mystery Dungeon experience then EMD may be better suited for you.

Avoid Gates to Infinity.
>>
>>336342685
There are more? Maybe a vita is worth it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>336342897
Guess so
Comes out in July in the west
>>
>>336342447
I wouldn't say it's bad, but honestly, and I'll sound like a complete fag for saying this, the EO theme isn't nearly as compelling to me as the Pokemon theme.

I love the EO games but playing EMD just made me want to play either PMD or regular EO.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.