[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Demons so goddamn replayable? I've finished it 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
Why is Demons so goddamn replayable? I've finished it 3 times already, just started a 2nd playthrough of DaS and it kind of bores me.
>>
>>336341397
The atmosphere is superior to DaS and level design is GOAT.

DeS has this "first game, best game" feel going.
>>
>>336342026
>The atmosphere is superior to DaS and level design is GOAT.
Atmosphere is a personal preference, but level design in DeS is inferior to the majority of DaS.
>>
It's a Sony exclusive so it's better.
>>
>>336342221

I disagree, but that's mainly because of enemy placement.

Sprinting past enemies and ignoring them was far easier in DaS than DeS.
>>
It's the opposite for me. I've only finished DeS 3 times but I've finished DaS and BB like 8 times each.
Demon's Souls is still one of my favorite games for getting me back into gaming in a time when everything that came out was a huge disappointment, but I think most of the other games in the series improved upon it in almost every way.
>>
>>336342351
I don't think DeS was designed with the idea of you being able to find shortcuts everywhere and run through.

Which is good and bad, depending on how you feel. DeS definitely had a unique feel going on with it.
>>
>>336342979

I consider it good. When you did find a shortcut it felt like you had earned it. In the other games I always felt like I had just skipped things.
>>
>>336341397
I'm doing my first DeS playthrough and it feels outdated as fuck. graphics are shit tier, worlds are mostly dark and ugly. honestly it's nothing more than a shitty dark souls only overhyped because muh exclusive. I felt the same about RDR only that I couldn't even play more than 2 hours because it's boring as fuck. at least demon souls has good gameplay.
>>
>>336342221

>level design in DeS is inferior to the majority of DaS.

'no'
>>
>>336343043
True on both. In DaS games you're given an almost direct path to the bosses, which is convenient...but if you think about it, it can get annoying.

Bloodborne shortcuts were nice. They sprawled out to everywhere, not just to the boss areas, so I like those more. Especially in a village where you would expect it to be rather open.
>>
>>336343172
Graphics do seem a bit muddled, sure, but I kinda like DeS art better than DaS1. It just seems more consistent and solid to me.
>>
>>336343413
This, the graphics are not that great technically, but they have a better style.

Plus the lighting is pretty good at covering low res textures. Something what DaS2 really needed.
>>
Don't know, m8. I actually feel the same way about DaS. The only thing I hate about it with all my heart is Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith run. Makes me want to drop my playthrough every goddamn time.
>>
The levels flow really well and it's easier to understand what to do next. Plus it's the shortest.
>>
>>336343279
Yes it Is. Take your nostalgia goggles off
>>
>>336344023
Really?
The entire last half of the game had no enemies worth fighting, and just spammed them everywhere.
>>
>>336344114
This meme needs to stop. The only area where your statement holds true is the demon ruins and lost Izalith
>>
>>336344023

Yeah, nah. The only thing Dark Souls has is muh connections. Demon's Souls levels are all much more well thought out, with every area being thematically appropriate and somewhat logically designed.
>>
>>336344280
Who fights the bullshit skeleton dogs?
Who fights the 50 boring crystal golems in crystal caves area?
Who fights the ghosts or darkwraiths after doing it maybe once, or farming chunks?
Dragon butts are a given, same with the spammed taurus, capra and statues.
All that shit was unfun to fight, and most of it was just spammed around.
Like really good luck "fighting" skeledogs, aka one shot them before they one shot you
>>
>>336341397
The build are actually really diverse,a nd the devs didn't care about balance so you have a lot of nice things like hp regen, sick spells and so on
>>
>>336341397
Roll roll attack
>>
>>336341397
even the weakest parts of Demon's Souls are significantly more interesting than the majority of Dark Souls 1 2 and 3 levels. That mundane looking 2-2? Tons of shortcuts and hidden items in there.
>>
>>336344879
This. I've played with a handful of different builds and they were all viable. Spells, miracles, luck, slow weapons or fast it's all good.
>>
>>336341397
I only played Demon's Souls. And i have to say that i finished it only once and couldn't bother to play again.
You're just a fanboy. :^)
>>
>>336345178
Yeah you can play however you want : High defense tank but slow damage, or glass cannon with huge damage, it's all fun
>>
>>336345312
Not OP but I replay it religiously every year. It still has something I didn't find in dark souls. BB is an awesome game but it didn't provoke this little heart pinching feeling I had when I first played DeS. DaS 3 came close to that though and that's why I find it superior to the original Dark Souls
>>
>>336342351
>Sprinting past enemies and ignoring them was far easier in DaS than DeS.
Humm... Maybe, just maybe, that's because in DaS you can find yourself lost in zones full of hard enemies early in the game or that due to the openness of the game you can find tons of items without fighting a single boss (so running past enemies), while in DeS every world has linear progression so this situation never happens.

It's almost like they adjusted the enemy placement accordingly to the world's design and navigation paths..

It's retarded to compare both on this point.
>>
>>336341397
Just started this game a few days ago. I'm enjoying it so far, but why is everything so fucking dark? I've put the brightness on max and adjusted my TV and I can still barely see anything. Its not like the "Oh this is spooky I cant see shit" its just "I cant see shit". Every damn level so far has been dark as fuck too so far. Are all the Souls games like this? This is my first one.
>>
>>336346624
Don't put the brightness too high, you lose a lot of the atmosphere in some places, and kinda cheat too. It's one of the darkest souls games. The following, with the exception of Bloodborne, have actually the sun in it
>>
File: 1372212279265.gif (2 MB, 199x322) Image search: [Google]
1372212279265.gif
2 MB, 199x322
i just started a new character yesterday and beat the game in the same day, it's still the best souls game after all these years
all I want out of From is another Demon's Souls with more content for me to kill in one hit, don't even bother trying to balance it
>>
Probably because if you know where to go you can easily finish the game in a day while still taking the time to explore mostly everything.
>>
>>336346870
Oh ok I'll try and keep it lower then. Maybe me trying to make it to bright is just making it look worse idk.
>>
>>336342221
Wrong, Das shuts the bed after anor londo
>>
>>336346143

You could get lost in DeS as well. Tower of Latria especially.
>>
Having played Dark Souls first, I never seem to feel like replaying DeS. Doesn't make it a worse game, I just find the gameplay to be primitive.
>>
>>336344879
I fucking hate when people complain that things aren't 'balanced' in Souls. Good.
>>
No idea why you find it more replayable, DaS is better in just about every conceivable way.
>>
>>336346624
Like even in the Boletarian Palace? Because you should be able to see fine there unless you're in one of the few cramped dark rooms.
>>
Demons Souls is more aesthetic
>>
>>336348658
Gameplay hasn't changed in any of the games
>>
>>336349059
That's a dumb thing to say.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.