[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game was better than GTA San Andreas. Its graphics were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: driv3rcover.png (800 KB, 666x856) Image search: [Google]
driv3rcover.png
800 KB, 666x856
This game was better than GTA San Andreas. Its graphics were superior to other games from that time (2004) San Andreas looked NOTHING compared to Driver 3. This had 3 cities, amazing graphics, awesome storyline and cool game-modes (Take a Ride for example). Such an underrated title.
>>
Amazing soundtrack too, by the way.
>>
>>336336484
It really wasn't

Controls were clunky, city was boring, story was boring and the whole game was full of glitches
>>
>>336336548
I bet you played on PC.
>>
PC version sucks monkey balls of course, that's why I posted a picture of the PS2 cover lel. Console versions were better (PS2, Xbox), play them.
>>
>>336336484
And it still wasn't as good as the getaway.
>>
>>336336646
This game was much better than Getaway.
>>
>>336336582
PS2 original
>>
>>336336642
The game was just shit in general OP, the platform you played on didn't matter much. There's a reason it sold like shit and almost killed off the entire franchise
>>
San andreas looked like a silly cartoon game compared to this, but the game was rather boring yeah
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 1382x185) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22 KB, 1382x185
oh that's fucking sketchy
>>
>>336337007
I don't get it, people seriously can't hate the game that much. I personally think this game was fucking awesome. I don't see how others disagree.
>>
>>336337095
I don't get it either man. I posted pretty much this exact thread the other night and got one reply that was something a long the lines of "this game was shit" and then the thread died. The story is good, the music is good, the physics were cool for the time, the graphics were pretty good, but the on-foot action was pretty bad and the city was pretty empty. So, i mean, i don't know. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't absolute trash either.
>>
It's one of the worst games ever made
>>
Worst sequel of that generation
>>
Watching this game just fall apart is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGFUd2AAdOo

>>336337007
What's more amazing how well they silenced people. Guru Larry did a good video on it
>>
>>336337515
I rarely experienced any of these bugs
>>
>>336337515
>xbox/pc
>>
>>336337639
Oh here are the ps2 ones
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=driv3r+glitches+ps2
>>
>>336337570

>I didn't deal with these bugs

>>336337639

>the game runs better on this system so it's not bad

I've heard these same defenses used for a lot of 3D sonic games too but that doesn't mean those problems don't exist.
>>
>>336337095
That's because you have bad taste in games and can't see a bad game even when it's right in front of you
>>
Nah m8. The story is a mess, missions are badly design and revolved around trial and errors, horrible rubber band AIs, really shitty on foot section, glitches and lack of polished feeling, etc.

I know this because I finished about 3 times.
>>
>>336337747
You're one of these edgy kids that buy games like Battlefront, Battlefield, Call of Duty every single year and say they suck
>>
>>336337893
Holy projection batman!
>>
>>336337893
You're a moron

I played both Driver and Driver 2 when they came out and loved them. I got Driver 3 on release and it was the biggest pile of dogshit ever, the only thing remotely fun about that game was crashing your car into other cars. I don't know what kind of blinkers you have on that makes you think Driv3r was a good game but if you can get enjoyment out of that piece of shit then be my guest, just don't expect anyone else to agree with you
>>
File: Driver_San_Francisco_Box_Art.jpg (26 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
Driver_San_Francisco_Box_Art.jpg
26 KB, 300x370
Fuck this. I'm not letting history revisionists remember Driv3r as a good game.

Pic related is the REAL underrated Driver game.
>>
>>336337747
>shitty taste
I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4 and DOOM next week, my all time favourite games are Jak and Daxter, Beyond Good & Evil & Final Fantasy 6. I don't think I have a bad taste at all, and I like Driver 3.
>>
>>336338187
Fuck that, definitely not underrated and small map
>>
>driv3r
>good gameplay
no, kill yourself

>bettur graphics
oh, I see where you're coming from...
>>
>>336337095
Even Parallel Lines was a better game than this turd
>>
>>336336484
Parallel Lines is so much better, fuck this boring piece of shit that is 3.
>>
>>336338202
This thread says otherwise anon, how many people are agreeing with you that Driv3r was a good game vs calling it a terrible game?

If sales figures, reviews and getting shit on in /v/ threads isn't enough to convince you that you're wrong then nothing will, just go away and play Driv3r and stop trying to convince other people that piece of shit was any good, it's not working
>>
Why didn't we get DrIVer?
>>
>>336338354
Parallel Lines was awesome, I agree, but I don't think this game sucks.
>>
HEY WATCH THE PAINT MAN
>>
you know, except for the part where the game literally has a Big Rigs amount of glitches and is a completely unplayable piece of shit that recieved 3 out of 10s across the board when every game got 6 or higher.
>>
SF > 1 > PL > 2 > 2 GBA > 3 > The rest shitty games like 3DS games and COP The Recruit

>>336338421
SF

>>336338424
Because 3 was unplayable and worse than the previous 2
>>
File: Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg (46 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg
46 KB, 256x320
So was this game, doesn't change the fact that San Andreas was a great game in it's own respect though.
>>
>defending Driv3r of all games

It shipped in a completely unplayable state, half the time you fall out of the fucking map, the physics are busted as shit, there's an insane amount of artifacting glitches, the whole fucking game is a broken buggy mess.
>>
File: 1443737963239.jpg (1 MB, 1243x2000) Image search: [Google]
1443737963239.jpg
1 MB, 1243x2000
>>336336506
>Amazing soundtrack too, by the way.

Fucking.

This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXg-aYfq2s
>>
>people seriously defending THIS of all games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aTR3e9lVYc

the whole fucking game is like this
>>
>>336338852
It's literally one anon sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LALALA IT'S A GOOD GAME" with everyone else saying it's a piece of shit

OP got BTFO
>>
File: driv3r.jpg (92 KB, 524x641) Image search: [Google]
driv3r.jpg
92 KB, 524x641
This image is still one of the best video game reviews of all time.
>>
>>336336506
>>336338730
>iggy pop voiced one of the characters
>only voiced couple lines
>majority of the lines are on the soundtracks
REEEEEEEEE
>>
Skip to the end for the bit about driv3r, though the rest are interesting too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOnyIt9_ic
>>
posting GOAT song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Jy6UodU9s
>>
>>336336484
I mean sure, for a game released literally in an alpha state it's decent for what it is. But nobody wants to play a fucking unfinished alpha on a console and pay full price for it.
>>
>>336339084
lmao
>>
>>336336484
The way I figure it is that it all has to do with technological limitations. Driv3r is one of the greatest driving/smashing/carwreck/outright-vehicular-mayhem games I have played. So is San Andreas. The difference is that San Andreas allows me to get a cheap fantasy-driving, zero-realism, arcade thrill. Whereas Driv3r thrills me when I'm in the mood for some gritty, physics-laden wreckless driving. They're both good, they just appeal to the different tastes we have. However, as far as the on-foot gaming experience goes, I personally (and you don't have to agree with me) think that Driv3r falls far short of any decent first-person shooter (or third person such as the Hitman series). It is kind of weak and clunky, and damn frustrating at times. GTA ( san andreas) isn't the greatest game for on-foot mayhem either. The GTA series is pretty weak when it comes to running around shooting things up as well. Again, the only difference between the two games (in my eyes) is the style of gaming. GTA satisfies the goofy arcade thrills, whereas Driv3r helps us quench our thirst for some realism. And in the end, they both deliver some damn fine stuff in the way of driving, but fall far short in the way of shooting stuff up.
>>
File: 2172[1].jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2172[1].jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>336338187
no THIS is the real underrated driver game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaGfgCI_S3k
>>
>>336336484
It's like Big Rigs but on a console instead of the PC.
>>
OP, you want a good Driv3r?

Play Mafia, Reflections rip them off
>>
File: 1444068417307.png (863 KB, 1000x932) Image search: [Google]
1444068417307.png
863 KB, 1000x932
>YOU ARE THE WHEELMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUkUnwntkk&index
>>
>>336339503
This was actually the most polished version of the game, oddly enough
>>
>>336339772
damn man
that's the most needlessly awesome music for a mediocre game since Robocop's title screen
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.