[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls Lore Thread Was Ornstien and Illusion edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 12
File: IonZHrA.jpg (89 KB, 784x708) Image search: [Google]
IonZHrA.jpg
89 KB, 784x708
Dark Souls Lore Thread

Was Ornstien and Illusion edition
>>
Fuck off
>>
File: 5265286.jpg (2 MB, 7777x8813) Image search: [Google]
5265286.jpg
2 MB, 7777x8813
>>336330526
>Dark Souls Lore
>Lore
>>
>>336330721
Lore =/= Story, you fucking mong
>>
>>336330526
Did you win the darksouls fan fic prize?
>>
What the fuck is the profaned flame.

They mention it in the profaned capital.

They mention it in Ithriyl valley.

What the fuck Miyazaki, what is it???
>>
>>336330526
Dark Souls lore in a nutshell:

Dragons ruled the world. It was full of great arch trees and dragons, a world of gray.

Then, suddenly, there was fire. And from that fire came humanity. We know the rest, the lords, the furtive pigmy hiding his great power, the fall of the dragons and the beginning of the age of fire.

Knight Artorias was dead and gone by the time of the Chosen Undead, Ciaran is presumed dead as well. Gough is dead or missing. Ornstein grew jaded with his duty of guarding a false Princess, escaping to (presumably) Archdragon Peak where he meets his old mentor and friend, the firstborn of Gwyn. BEFORE the chosen undead comes to Anor Londo to claim the Lordvessel.

The Heides tower of flame old Dragonslayer was filled with darkness, something Ornstein never succumbed to. Therefore it was either an illusion or an impostor.

While in Archdragon Peak Ornstein expresses his jaded feelings and shame of abandoning his duty, regardless of the absurdity of it, to Gwyns firstborn. The firstborn teaches him the way of the dragon, a path to eventually become a dragon fully.

Ornstein, being extremely attuned to the feelings and behaviors of a dragon due to his intimate fighting with them. (Remember Gough: "Exhilaration, pride, hatred, rage… The dragons teased out our dearest emotions. …Thou will understand, one day. At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia."

Is it so hard to think that Ornstein, old and regretful, would reflect back to a time when he wasn't so jaded?

I think this led to Ornstein forsaking his armor and fully becoming a dragon, Dragonslayer becoming dragon. This transformation led to him becoming king, the King of Storms.
This is where you find him.
>>
File: 1457501403954.jpg (88 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1457501403954.jpg
88 KB, 1000x668
>>336333308
>He thinks a Drake is a Dragon
>>
>>336333308
You might ask, "then how did his armor become melted and reformed into a defensive measure for Lothric and Lorian?"
Maybe Ornstein decided to forsake his knighthood and leave his armor in Anor Londo, where it was eventually taken by a knight or an impostor, and used in Heides tower of flame. After the knights defeat the armor was left there, where it was eventually smelted down and reformed into a weapon for the twin princes.

>>336333469
By what regard is King of Storms not a dragon?
>>
File: 1347574414080.png (155 KB, 324x383) Image search: [Google]
1347574414080.png
155 KB, 324x383
No

>Beat Ornstien first
>Fatty takes his powers, beats near death with hammer but doesn't die
>Kill fatty, get his soul
>DaS2 he has no powers because fat boy took them

This makes the most sense to me. You just canonically beat Ornstien first. No soul, no powers, barely still alive. All checks out.
>>
>>336333776
That's not even remotely possible. Miyazaki wouldn't leave a 50% if in the souls series, it's not like him.
>>
>>336333641
>by what regard is the king of storms not a dragon

The fact Gwyn killed all the dragons.
>>
>>336333908
What about certain endings being canon? It's full of 50%s. Time is weird or whatever.
>>
>>336333928
No he didn't. After Gwyns battle Kalameet is still alive, a dragon. So is Sihn, a dragon. So is the Ancient dragon, a dragon. Why does the King of Storms get exclusion as a possibility?
>>
>>336333641
The Stormdrake is a drake. It's not a dragon. I don't know how to explain to someone who doesn't understand this.
>>
>>336333641
Its literally refered to as a Stormdrake in the Storm Curved Sword

>The Nameless King, ally of the ancient dragons, fought beside the Stormdrake in countless battles. When the great beast fell, the king claimed his soul, as was the custom in the age of gods.
>>
>>336334126
>>336334080
Okay, but this reinforces my point since nobody had been able to become a full dragon. I may have been wrong about that one part but it still holds ground.
>>
>>336334019
Because muh TWO LEGS IS A DRAKE NOT A DRAGON
>>
>>336334019
Ancient Dragon isnt even a drake, let alone a dragon. Its an experiment of Aldias using Giant soul on the Dragon corpse in Freja lair.
>>
>>336333776
Try "time and space is convoluted, I don't have to explain jack shit".
It really is the case though. Look how an entire fucking area, Anor Londo, suddenly appears in a completely different location.
>>
>>336333776

I mean, okay, I have a theory I've heard that I've cobbled together from one of my friends musing about this Ornstein and smough business.

>Ornstein and Smough WERE a part of the old guard and happily did their jobbies.

>Smough eventually however became disenfranchised after Gwyn gave himself up to the flame or perhaps when the other Gods fled from Anor londo?

>Smough left Anor londo and Londor all together: He went across the ocean and into the land of Drangleic.

>Meanwhile: Gwyndolin cobbles together an illusionary copy of Smough to fight Alongside Ornstein. Ornstein knows this.

>When Smough is killed first Ornstein doesn't give a shit. He's an Illusion, just give me the power boost.
>When ORNSTEIN is killed first Smough kneels down and has a sentimental moment before gaining the power boost. This is Gwyndolin basically paying respect and also collecting his composure because ORNSTEIN IS DEAD, SHIT.

>MEANWHILE: Smough across the sea is trying to form his own copy-cat holy knights: the heide knights and the blue order- his own branch of Darkmoon knights and Gwyn's knights to the best of his ability.

>He rules for a time his own small nation; even builds Heide's tower to act as a light house in case any of his family/fellow gods come his way.
>His Heide nation however sinks into the sea and his people abandon the country or submit to King Vendrick's rule.

>Smough is left completely alone and he allows the darkness and abyss so common in Drangleic to take him.

Just a thought.
I don't personally buy into it, but it's something to think about.
>>
Remember, you see an actual dragon, an archdragon, at the end of archdragon peak. Huge fucker leaning against a mountainside.
>>
Something I've been thinking about that I havnt seen brought up is the old King soul from DS2

Soul of the ineffable.
This once magnificent soul continues to exert influence over the land, even after the eons have reduced it to these remnants.
Use it to acquire numerous souls, or to create something of great worth.

Souls with enough strength seem to exert their influence even over the seemingly immediate land and those near it, it could make sense that parts of souls lingering like this is how Aldritch was able to devour a long dead Nito and Priscella if they were powerful enough figures to have even a bit of their soul remain lingering. Just a thought.
>>
>>336334430
>Remember, you see an actual dragon, an archdragon, at the end of archdragon peak. Huge fucker leaning against a mountainside.

Screenshot?
I'm not doubting you Anon; I'd just be really interested in seeing it and most likely missed it.
>>
>>336334382
I like the theory but boy did I get confused for a moment there. I believe you have the names backwards.
>>
>>336332874
It was a new flame.

Apparently someone in the capital had corrupted it (I can't remember the item that lists it), and it only burns human flesh. It's not the Chaos flame as that was snuffed out, and almost all the demons are dead.

Sulyvahn had something to do with this flame. He found it below Irithyll and you know how he was when it came to power.
>>
File: 2016-05-03 05.34.19.jpg (949 KB, 1439x809) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03 05.34.19.jpg
949 KB, 1439x809
>>336334757
Not that anon, and also not my game

Its not the first time we see an actual ancient dragon

In dark souls 2 you can use ashen mist heart on one and go to a valley filled with dead ones.
>>
>>336334758
>I believe you have the names backwards.
>>336334382

Fuckin' whoopsie daisies.

Thank you for pointing that out- I always ALWAYS get there names mixed up.
>>
Dark Souls 3 has a huge wankery for swords going on. Most of the boss weapons are swords. Swords everywhere. Very few axes and maces and spears. Is there any lore significance to this?

There are a very large number of humanoid enemies too. Very few beasts and monsters. I'm sad about this.

Also I heard you could somehow combine the two swords of the twin princes.
>>
>>336334931
Here's a lil rhymey soundy to help ya out

Smough, he the guy who eats his foes

Orny, kills dragons, which are very "horny"

:p
>>
>>336334683
>Souls with enough strength seem to exert their influence even over the seemingly immediate land and those near it, it could make sense that parts of souls lingering like this is how Aldritch was able to devour a long dead Nito and Priscella if they were powerful enough figures to have even a bit of their soul remain lingering. Just a thought.

You're not wrong: God/Lord souls or souls powerful enough to possess their own Identity seem to be strong enough to persist through death and beyond- taking many forms and so forth.

Transposition teaches us that unique souls can be used to craft magnificent items and spells based on their personalities or own unique arms and knowledge.

What's most important though is that I do believe these individuals can also be REVIVED if you possess their souls and willingly give them back to them: Rosaria is killed and her soul is stolen by that finger chap and he attempts to bring it to Gwynevere's chambers- perhaps in an attempt to REVIVE Gwynevere?

At any rate if you bring her soul back to her she perks right up back to life.

I wouldn't doubt it if Nito's soul is still kicking around just waiting to be gobbled up, reincarnated or even just to revive Nito himself. Though I don't agree that Aldrich ate Priscilla... Aldrich doesn't feel sufficiently "Priscilla-y".
>>
>>336334683
Where is the evidence that Aldritch ate Prsicilla or Nito?
>>
File: aldritch6_tc[1].jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aldritch6_tc[1].jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
>>336335382
>Where is the evidence that Aldritch ate Prsicilla or Nito?

I think people get the impression he ate Priscilla due to him having that scythe he has and because you can fashion the um.. I think one of Priscilla's miracles from his soul? But I personally doubt he ate her very much.

People think he ate Nito as well due to the large flowing/puffy gown of Nito Fur and Bones he wears on his head/wear he's burrowing into Gwyndolin.
>>
>>336335382
There isnt any because he didnt.
>>
>>336335382
The only evidence really is that he creates Nito's and Priscilla's weapons from his staff using miracle powers, and that he has a dress that's all black and wiry and full of bones like Nito's outfit.

However he is/was a cleric and likely fashioned those in the arts of miracles.
>>
>>336335243
I had assumed he ate Priscella because he uses the life hunt scythe during the fight, that's at least what I noticed
>>
Why can't we become Aldrich? We go around and murder some Lords as well. I wanted to have eaten them.
>>
>>336335548
Lifehunt scythe was never a miracle.

It was a physical weapon owned by Priscilla that Aldrich saw in his dreams while eating Gwyndolin, and subsequently developed a miracle in its image.
>>
>>336335720
He had an entire church centralized around feeding him hundreds of sacrifices to the point of even naming a road out of the act
>>
File: image.png (490 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490 KB, 750x1334
>>336330526
>>336333776
>>336334382
I'm very confident Ornstein left before Dark Souls 1. While the Ornstein you fight isn't necessarily an illusion i believe it's most definitely a machination/golem of some sort. It's clearthat there's noone in the armor in 2 (Dragonslayer "Armor") so by rhat point the armor had probably becom a product widely reproduced and used for dragonslaying. The boss in Dark Souls 3 "Dragonslayer Armor" even shares the name with Ornstein's Set in the same game. And the boss is just an animated suit of armor with noone inside YET AGAIN.This leads me to believe that the boss in DS3 is essentially "version 3.0" (or god knows whatever number they were on by that point) of the armor/golem from dark souls 1.

Further proof is that Ornstein decided to follow the nameless king out of Lordran when he was banished for taming/worshipping drakes and fought and died for him; at least according to Ornstein's armor which is found at the Archdragon Peak after the Nameless King boss fight.
>>
Daily reminder that Dark Souls 2 and 3 are non-canon entries to the franchise.
>>
>>336335548
Gwyndelin apperantly thought of Priscilla as he got eaten, which made the lifehunt scythe as they're tales of various people. I personally believe Aldrich either found Nito's body somewhere or he somehow found the soul/the person holding Nito's soul and ate them on the way to Gwyndelin
>>
>>336335720
Absorbing gods and powerful creatures is very different from actually eating and digesting humans / gods / creatures. To the point where your stomach blows open and you become sludge.
>>
>>336335850
Illusions can still kick your ass.

People claim oh well you can kill the Gwynevere one in one hit, well, you can, but that's not the point.

After destroying Gwynevere's illusion, the place goes dark and several enemies disappear, because they too were also illusions.
>>
>>336335884
Daily reminder that makes them all canon to their own respective series.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
>>336335679
>I had assumed he ate Priscella because he uses the life hunt scythe during the fight, that's at least what I noticed

He doesn't actually and I'm not sure why people keep insisting this.

Honestly it looks like he uses NITO'S BLADE on the end of a pole to mimic a polearm or scythe blade.

This was the best picture I could get, but look at that big fuckin' chunky monkey boney blade- It's THICK and doesn't resemble the life-hunt scythe at all.
>>
>>336330883
Go back know TO EXP and atop trying to spread that word.
>>
>>336336028
He does both.

Normally he has Nito's Gravelord sword glowing from from the end of his staff, but when he does Lifehunt Scythe it becomes a Scythe.

He also uses it as a bow to use his arrow barrages.
>>
We know that Aldrich dreamt of Priscilla as he consumed Gwyndolin, and we know that he is the devourer of gods, plural, which implies he ate more than just Gwyndolin.

We also know that Horace the Hushed is one of the only two children to ever escape Aldrich. Horace for some reason turns hostile in the Smouldering Lake, presumably hollow but who knows? And we don't know the second child. So that's an enigma.

Also a mystery is who the hell Yorshka is.

And what Rosalina and Gertrude are. Clearly they're aspects or daughters of Geyneverne but if Rosalina counts as a god then Aldrich may have consumed some other weak nobody to acquire the title of devourer of gods, plural.

Maybe the Japanese translation for Aldrich is different. Anyone know it?
>>
>>336336121
The 2nd child is Anri.
>>
>>336336121
Horace is hollowed like Anri, they're one of the only NPCs that are hollowed underneath their helmets.

Upon falling into the smouldering lake he probably went full hollow from despair of not being able to protect Anri.
>>
>>336335850
>Further proof is that Ornstein decided to follow the nameless king out of Lordran when he was banished for taming/worshipping drakes and fought and died for him; at least according to Ornstein's armor which is found at the Archdragon Peak after the Nameless King boss fight.

You know, I'm just thinking about what I said earlier over here: >>336334382

This will sound stupid, but Ornstein maybe after his adventures in Drangleic met in failure and he got his shit pushed in (or lack thereof- remember, he's an "optional boss", so we might not have killed him) he packed up his shit and headed to the Dragon Aviary?

Where he meditated and was "picked up" by the Dragon peek and The Nameless king?

I just have this feeling that the Nameless King's Dragon peek is capable of moving or it's a cloud or you can get there through meditation/it abducts people??
>>
>>336335953
I only included 'necessarily' because, while he still could be illusory; we do see his suit of armor animated without him wearing it in 2, and later another version of him which is confirmed to be just a living suit. It just leads me to believe in retrospect the boss was probably not tied 100% to Gwyndolin's illusions. (Although i wouldn't be surprised if Gwyndolin was the one animating the armor in the first place)
>>
>>336336228
[citation needed]

>>336336238
How'd he wind up in Smouldering Lake without dying? He must have fallen down without breaking the bridge, and that drop is too long.
>>
>>336336353
He's hollow. He probably died and revived, since that's what hollows do.
>>
>>336336353
He probably did die honestly. That drop is huge, but hollows are undead. They cannot die no matter where they are. So he just fell to the bottom, resurrected back up and went full hollow mode. It's the only explanation of how the fuck Horace lands down there.
>>
>>336336407
That can't be because he's dead permanently after we kill him.
>>
What exactly are npc's relative to the player character?

Is it possible that any of them could have been the chosen undead?
>>
>>336336560
Yes, there are many chosen undead and unkindled ones. This is true even in just the first game. Time is convoluted and all kinds of people are ringing the bells. Each time you hear the bell ring in the gargoyle tower or at archdragon peak it's because anther player rang it. The crestfallen warriors are explicitly other chosen undead.
>>
>>336330526
Yes, he was an illusion. This is literally the most obvious shit, they practically tell you what happened to him. Retards are just forming their own fanfiction at this point.
Smough was the last knight standing based on Smough's hammer description
>b-but we killed Ornstein first it makes sense that way
Ornstein left the ruined cathedral, obviously the place we fight his illusion and Smough, to find the Nameless King, based on his armor set description.
>b-but how do you know he didn't come back after finding NK
You find his armor and spear on the floor were you fight Nameless King, no body though. If he did come back, were the fuck did he get another armor and spear exactly like his old one? Beating his illusion last isn't canon, since Smough was the last knight we fought, so canonically, you couldn't get his armor set form Domhnall or his spear from his "soul" in DS1
>b-but illusions don't drop souls
Ignoring the fact that we kill "Ornstein" first, even if we did somehow kill him last in canon, illusions do drop souls, evidenced by the giant guards outside O and S's room. They were illusions made by Gwyndolin, and they dropped souls.
>>
>>336336860
The soul you get from Illusion Ornstein says specifically it was given to him by Gwyn. He could have given it up when he went of to look for Nameless King and Gwyndolin makes a full powered-copy from it.
>>
>>336334382
>When Smough is killed first Ornstein doesn't give a shit. He's an Illusion, just give me the power boost.
>When ORNSTEIN is killed first Smough kneels down and has a sentimental moment before gaining the power boost. This is Gwyndolin basically paying respect and also collecting his composure because ORNSTEIN IS DEAD, SHIT.
It's other way, you fucking retard
>>
>>336336860
How'd they fit Smough's Hammer inside a chest that's smaller than it is?

Checkmake Watchdogs
>>
>>336337009
Read the thread before posting you mong.
>>
>>336337012
How do we carry every weapon in the game but never become encumbered?

Checkmate.
>>
>>336330526

How about you stistic spergs oben a fucking thread about it on /vg/?

I see this thread 24/7 on /v/
>>
>>336337043
>reading threadsbefore posting
Fucking post gamergate /v/
>>
>>336336980
That could probably make sense, since if I recall correctly, Vendrick managed to separate his soul and hide it from Nashandra in DS2. Still, it wasn't the true Orsntein in DS1, just a copy, clone, illusion, whatever you want to call it. Also canonically, we never get Ornstein Soul in DS1, since Smough was the last knight standing, not "Ornstein".
>>
>>336336242
I'm pretty confident that that isn't Ornstein in 2: just another animated suit of Dragonslayer armor. I feel like you're giving 2 the benefit of the doubt which is fine. But all arcs don't necessarily need to incorporate so many aspects; especially ones so tangential and tenuous. I think Ornstein just straight up followed/tracked Nameless King to the Archdragon peak and was loyal to him. Although i value the lore/canon much in the same way i do art; and consider it interpretable/subjective to varying degrees. If you are confident in/prefer your theory then by all means continue to be.

Totally agree with the last paragraph here, considering you basically fall asleep before being carried to the peak. Imo it's metaphysically complicated; like how the Ashen Lake is reminiscent of Yggdrasil. It is there and it isn't there. It doesn't need to be, as you experience it. Archdragon Peak is very clearly a real place; (being able to see it from Irithyll) whether or not you actually go there physically or just mentally/spiritually is unclear; seeing as there are corpses of those praying to the Peak in the same state of meditation you have to do as well to be taken there.
>>
What the fuck is with the Pilgrim Trees? Why do people from Londor turn into weird trees upon death? Why do the trees look like the nervous system of some kind of winged beast?

How did some of the pilgrims make it all the way to Lothric, even to the door of Emma & the Dancer?

Why is that one pilgrim golden? The one by the rock stray demon.
>>
Why do hollows worship trees with other hollows impaled upon their branches?

Why is there a giant suit of dragonslayer armor just lying around? How can the pilgrim tree control it? How can the tree shoot fireballs at us? Why do trees continue to converge over the dragonslayer armor even after you've defeated it and are in the Grand Archives?

I should have said, why do people from Londor wear shells to prevent them turning into trees on death.
>>
>>336337616
>Why is there a giant suit of dragonslayer armor just lying around? How can the pilgrim tree control it? How can the tree shoot fireballs at us? Why do trees continue to converge over the dragonslayer armor even after you've defeated it and are in the Grand Archives?
It's not tree, but butterfly, you fucking retard
>I should have said, why do people from Londor wear shells to prevent them turning into trees on death.
They aren't from Londor, only Yoel is. They are just pilgrims who want to come closer to the flame and finally die(yes being hollow and living in the lovecraftian shithole is very bad thing for the most of people)
Rocks are budget version of cleric clothes, to stop abyss hands coming from them
>>
File: Pilgrim butterfly.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pilgrim butterfly.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
>>336337473
>Why do the trees look like the nervous system of some kind of winged beast?

You know those monstrosities that shoot shit at you in the dragonslayer armor fight?

Well, those things you were talking about got better.
>>
>>336337473
The way the pilgrim trees looked made me think of 'kindling' which is something that is played with in DSIII so i've been considering that for a while although i've yet to come to any conclusions. Seems like pilgrims from Londor wouldn't want to kindle the fire, instead wanting to usher in the age of hollows preached by the sable church. But idk maybe they have a different ideology and want to help kindle the flame. Seems like they're flying into the dwindling flame of the sun/darksign to kindle it. The things they wear on their backs, like clerics, are for protection from becoming seedbeds for the dark? What the fuck? Then why is there a pilgrim helping Yuria usher in an age of dark? And Yoel, seemingly part of a common group of pilgrims (whose ideals could be imagined to be in line with Yoel/the Sable church's) draws out the darksign which had receded due to excessive linking of the flame over time? That would makes sense but then why would they try to kindle the flame, too?
>>
>>336337839
Your responses are hollow. They don't answer anything. What evidence do you have that suggests the pilgrims, who all look exactly the same, are not also from Londor? That's the only lead there is on where they came from. And why would there by abyss pouring out of them? Why would shells stop it? And what exactly are the Pilgrim butterflies?
>>
also the assassin sent by yuria looks exactly like a Londor pilgrim. And they're from the Sable church in Londor. It's not a disguise because it persists on death. That's also the same person outside of the Darkmoon chamber.

Then again there are two people who look like Yuria in the Lord of Hollows ending.
>>
>>336337106
>>336337012
how can aldrich be the devourer of gods when "gods" aren't real?

checkmate christfags
>>
>>336337616
>Why do hollows worship trees with other hollows impaled upon their branches?
In the Undead Settlement the deacons of the deep began sending evangelists to deal with the undead problem and one of their solutions was to lock away cursed and undead people into TREES. If they grew into TREES it would kill them and remove the curse since it was, uh, absorbed by the Tree.

Some of the Trees and the Hollows in them however began growing into these weird, veiny, horrible things you see today: flying about and getting stretched out as the roots feed into their veins and the two fuse as a kind of symbiot.

>Why is there a giant suit of dragonslayer armor just lying around? How can the pilgrim tree control it? How can the tree shoot fireballs at us? Why do trees continue to converge over the dragonslayer armor even after you've defeated it and are in the Grand Archives?
God, who the fuck knows.
The only VAGUE notion I could guess is the trees have pyromancy or they're connected to the profaned flame??? Who knows. WHOOO knows.

>I should have said, why do people from Londor wear shells to prevent them turning into trees on death.

THAT I ACTUALLY KNOW.
Londor was/is "New Londo" and has become a nation/country of hollows and nothing but hollows- the whole land is succumb to the darkness. The Londor Pilgrims wear those turtle shells so that on their travels the ABYSS cannot burrow into them through their darksign and basically infect them.
>>
>>336338367
How can Aldrich be real when our eyes are not real

Checkmate faggot.
>>
Still don't get how Yorshka is related to Gywndolin. Thought she was some sort of Priscilla creature
>>
>>336338394
>Londor is New Londo
Do you have evidence for this?

>abyss burrow through dark sign
Their darksign is on their backs? I thought it was on the forehead. Why would the abyss go through the back, and why would a shell stop it?
>>
There's more than one Ornstein.
>>
>>336338449
>Still don't get how Yorshka is related to Gywndolin. Thought she was some sort of Priscilla creature

I think the most likely case is Yorshka either being adopted or a niece or maybe a woman raped Gwyndolin and she's her kid.

I really think Yorshka is just a niece though.
>>
>>336338523
She's related ether to Priscilla or to Seathe. She's got a tail after all. And she sees the Gwyn pantheon as siblings. If she's a niece to Gwyndolin she wouldn't call him brother.

I don't think there's enough information in the game to get a decent answer. Hopefully the DLC gives us more.
>>
HOL UP A MOTHERFUCKING SECOND, I GET SOME SHIT THATS BEEN TROUBLING ME. Whatever hollows become a "seedbed" for(supposedly the dark) turns them into the pilgrim butterlfies; this metamorphosis had probably been manually experimented with in the undead settlement based on the more crudely grown plantcorpses/curse-rotted greatwood. But on the high wall of Lothric; the hollows turning into pilgrim trees are being praised by other hollows, and will surely become full-fledged butterflies to fly into the sun(flame)/darksign and kindle it. This is why the hollow pilgrims from Londor wear the shells; they dont want to kindle the flame, and instead want to usher in an age of darkness, an age of hollows. Thoughts?
>>
>>336338671
Do people turn into trees or do they turn into butterflies? It can't be both.
>>
>>336338665
> If she's a niece to Gwyndolin she wouldn't call him brother.

I strongly believe she calls Gwyndolin brother and Gwyn father out of a mix of authority and familial love.

Like, I've gotten the impression that Gwyndolin spent a great deal of time raising, protecting and caring for Yorshka to the point where status and blood don't mean anything and she fully acknowledges him as her brother.

But, yes, you're completely right:
>I don't think there's enough information in the game to get a decent answer. Hopefully the DLC gives us more.

We just don't have enough material yet.
>>
>>336338807
>protecting and caring for Yorshka

Why is she still locked up then?
>>
>>336338883
to save her from Aldrich, is my guess
>>
>>336339029

Pontiff locked her up
>>
>>336339092
welp, there goes my theory
>>
>>336338449
>Thought she was some sort of Priscilla creature

I like that you needed the doll to enter the painted world, and you needed a doll to enter Irithyl/Londo
>>
>>336338768
They just look like trees at the high wall of Lothric, when in retrospect we can realize the tiny appendages they're growing are the same as the butterflies. Upon reading the posts made while typing my post, specifically this one >>336338394 it would make sense that the church of the deep would want hollows being made into 'kindling' (via flying into the sun/darksign) to keep the flame burning to be stopped, and thus had them rounded up and stuffed into trees/burnt "cleanse the bastard's cuuuurse" -Evangelist. Which also explains why hollows are praying to the curse-rotted greatwood. Like the ones sprouting at the high wall of Lothric, it was supposed to fulfill its duty and become a butterfly but was imbued into a tree and perverted/prevented from maturing.
>>
>>336339092
Got a source for that?
>>
daily reminder that dark souls has neither plot nor lore
>>
>>336339339

Says so when you give her 10 proofs
>>
>>336338497
>Do you have evidence for this?

Everything in reference to Londor basically screams/yells quite loudly to New Londo:

-The Sable church in Londor was founded by a primordial Serpent and three maidens. I can only imagine that primordial serpent is the serpent you find in the darkness below the four kings.

-Yuria of Londor sells the DARK HAND Technique which was literally found in New Londo.

There's just so fucking much stuff on Londor and it's hollows and it's darkness; it's too explicit to not be anything but New Londo.

>Their darksign is on their backs? I thought it was on the forehead.

The Darksign is on your chest I think- it's that weird, focused, wrinkle/veiny thing on your body if you're a hollow/undead.

>Why would the abyss go through the back, and why would a shell stop it?
Dunno man, I'm just quoting the cleric set WHICH HAS A TURTLE SHELL:
"They bore large covers on their backs to ensure that they would not become seedbeds for spreading darkness."

Seems the Darkness just goes in through the back- maybe it sneaks up on you or something?
>>
>>336339494
What's the source on the church bein founded by three maidens and the serpent?
>>
>all these Yorksha theories.
She literally says, in her own words that Gwyn is her father and Gwyndolind is her older brother.
>>
>>336339339
>After reaching covenant Rank 1, States that Dark Sun Gwyndolin is her elder brother, and that when he fell sick Sulyvhan wrongly named himself Pontiff, and locked her in the tower. She then states she became leader of the Blades of the Darkmoon when Gwyndolin disappeared.

Also here's a little fun fact, Gwyndolin named her

>A sacred chime belonging to Yorshka. Her brother, the former knight captain, presented her with this medium together with another gift: her name.
The ringing of the chime must have done much to soothe her loneliness.
>>
>>336339564
>What's the source on the church bein founded by three maidens and the serpent?

Her clothing, specifically her black dress:

"These maidens of a Primordial Serpent were renowned as founders of the Sable Church, which offered salvation for Hollows. "

She's undoubtedly a Darkwraith loyal to Darkstalker Kaathe from new londo/Londor.
>>
>>336339639
But is she a trustworthy source?
>>
>>336339494
I don't think Londor necessarily IS New Londo but it definitely has the same beliefs as them, and is guided by Kaathe just like New Londo. Gwyn, being the kind of guy totally into keeping the flame going as long as possible and not into humans/ages of dark, purged New Londo by flooding their asses. Also if i'm remembering the cinematic intro to DaS1, the darksign is supposed to be on the back of your neck. Although i dont think whatever they're worried about becoming seedbeds for needs access via the darksign.
>>
>>336336121

Protip: Horace was the one originally guiding Anri to the slaughter, to Darkmoon Tomb, at the behest of Yuria.
>>
>>336339892
That's a reach. If that is true then why'd Horace turn hostile towards you?
>>
>>336339850
>Also if i'm remembering the cinematic intro to DaS1, the darksign is supposed to be on the back of your neck.

Full disclosure: I have no fucking idea where the darksign is and I don't think they ever explicitly explain or bother to explain where it is.

It could be on your back between your shoulders, back of the neck, maybe behind your thigh, on your chest- I've no fuckin' idea, anon.

But the point still stands: They wear those kami-house turtle shells to keep the oogily boogilies from filling them full of abyssil woogies.
>>
File: 1455408904515.png (166 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1455408904515.png
166 KB, 420x420
>>336339850
>Gwyn didn't like humans
This meme needs to stop
>>
>>336339797
Anon, pls. She is inprisoned in a tower with no escape and is the captain of the Darkmoon Blades. There is an item she has with a description about Gwyndolin her brother giving it to her as well as her name
>>
>>336340000
But is an item a credible source?
>>
>>336340043
>But is an item a credible source?

Anon quit bein' a goof.
>>
File: 2vYOXJv.jpg (850 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2vYOXJv.jpg
850 KB, 1920x1080
So can we all agree on this
>>
>>336340043
Kill yourself.
>>
>>336339976
The cutscene in DS3 where the fire keeper puts on her tiara/mask shows the darksign on it. It lands right in the middle of her forehead.
>>
>>336339957

>That's a reach

>Our Lord and Liege.
>Knowest thou of a youth/maid named Anri?
>He/She is Hollow, and will join thee in wedlock.
>A fellow of mine guides him/her at this moment. When the time is ripe, thou mayst make thy salutations.
>For what Lord taketh no spouse?

This is after the first encounter with Anri. I think it triggers when you meet Anri in the Catacombs.

> If that is true then why'd Horace turn hostile towards you?

They got separated and Horace was clearly always on the brink of going full-blown Hollow and only his purpose in guiding and protecting Anri kept him sane. When they got separated, I imagine on one of the staircases due to rolling skeleballs, he lost sight of her and in his despair to find her, somehow ended up down in Smouldering Lake, presumably due to the bridge giving out/being cut when he tried crossing it, and down there he could find no way back, hence his Hollowing.
>>
>>336333308
Pure fanfiction
>>
>>336340103
Those are clearly Ocelot, Miller, and Chico from left to right
>>
File: 1461449285972.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461449285972.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>336340113

No, that was just Abyss fuckery, as usual.
>>
>>336339990
Its not that he didnt like them its that he didnt give much of a fuck about them, especially if they wanted to snuff the flame.
>>
>>336340128
That fellow of hers is the assassin, the one that guides her to Anor Londo. It isn't Horace.

>clearly on the brink of going full hollow
Bullshit. There's no way to tell that. Besides, Anri says he's kind hearted. No one about to go hollow has been shown to be kind hearted. Provide evidence.

He's down in Smouldering Lake by the time you get there. You can look down and see him. He somehow fell down like a retard without the bridge going out.

And he's in a cave with one exit. He could have walked out at any time and dodged the ballista like we did. There's no reason why he'd go Hollow there with your hypotheses.
>>
>>336340230
>very clearly the darksign
>NUH UH IT'S "JUST" "ABYSS" FUCKERY AS "USUAL"
Get a grip, guy.
>>
>>336340353

>That fellow of hers is the assassin

Except he is nowhere present in the Catacombs.

And we're talking about the very first meeting. Not on that bit where Anri overlooks the bridge.

>>336340353

>Bullshit. There's no way to tell that.

The guy can't even form coherent words, only grows and grunts.
>>
>>336340353
why would a kind hearted guy thats normally indifferent towards you attack you just for showing up, you were trying to lead him back to anri after all.
nigger was holllow.
>>
>>336340450
Not being willing or able to speak doesn't mean he's almost hollow. There's no correlation. If you knew anything about hollowing from dark souls 1 you'd know that.
>>
>>336340518

You stupid fucking cunt.

He attacks you for literally no reason.

None whatsoever.

Just like everyone else who went Hollow in the fucking series.
>>
>>336340463
I didn't say he wasn't hollow. I said he wasn't going. Hollow based on that anon's reasoning. Of course he's hollow, every time you meet a passive NPC who later becomes hostile for no clear reason it's due to hollowing. The question is why he's hollow and why he's hollow in that specific area.
>>
>>336340593

>why he's hollow

Because he got separated from Anri and he could no longer fulfill his task, thus losing his focus.
>>
>>336340353
He also kills Anri if you tell her is is down there without killing him. So why would he kill Anri if he hadn't gone mad through hollowing.

He could of killed her at any time, even in her sleep, why would he wait in a cave at the bottom of smouldering lake to kill her when she didn't even know he was there?
>>
>>336333308
I actually like your theory of Ornstein becoming part of the Nameless King's dragon worshipping cult and becoming a dragon but the last part cracked me the fuck up, imagining NK flying around on Ornstein. To my knowledge men can only turn into drakes/dragons as much as you can transform your own body in the games, thats why there are many of their bodies lying around. Ornstein wouldn't have become a full-fledged stromdrake, son
>>
>>336340443
>very clearly the darksign
Why the hell would her darksign be on a tiara instead of her body?
>>
>>336336445

So are most NPCs since Dark Souls 1, and they don't respawn either.
>>
>>336340450
Not the people you're talking about but

>Except he is nowhere present in the Catacombs.
Anri tells you they've been told where to go by a pilgrim when you meet them the second time.

>The guy can't even form coherent words, only grows and grunts.
Considering his name is Horace the Hushed he's been that way for a long while and it's something specific to him, probably doesn't have a tongue considering how close Rosaria and Aldrich's tomb are. Nearly fully hollow merchants in das1 talk very well.
>>
>>336340558
Yeah, AFTER he falls off that bridge and dies, which causes him to go hollow.
>>
>>336342701

Except Horace and Anri are one of the few NPCs to be actually already in Hollow mode.
>>
what the hell are the pilgrim butterflies?

my friend seems to think they're hollows turning into archdragons for an upcoming age of stillness like before the first flame?
>>
>>336342813
Yeah, but not insane, actual hollow, just raisin face. There's a pretty clear difference.
>>
>>336339892
Protip: that's bullshit, we know of two instances Anri was guided by her Pilgrims and nothing about Horace suggests that he's doing anything else but taking revenge on his former captor.
>>
How's that Youtube channel coming along?
>>
>>336335548
miracles are like stories
he dreamed of the scythe and thus told a story about it.

he does not have the physical scythe
>>
>>336335548
How can he eat nito if nito died to CU?
Gwyndolin is an optional boss, so there is an excuse, but Nito? nah.
>>
>>336341459
it looks like a humanity piece/dark soul rather than a dark sign, you nigger.
>>
>>336344250
Nito was a pile of moving skeletons before CU killed him. It's more likely he ate the remains of Nito because I think he would end Aldritch pretty quick if he was still going.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.