[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loving dank souls 3, but every game has it's flaws. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26
File: kUz3XBH.jpg (251 KB, 1280x1122) Image search: [Google]
kUz3XBH.jpg
251 KB, 1280x1122
Loving dank souls 3, but every game has it's flaws. What do you hate about it?
>>
The game blatantly lies to the player with the poise stat. Poise has been proven to do absolutely nothing.
>>
>>336325393
Bleed is op, no point playing online if you don't have rouge to apply to a strength/dex weapon
>>
The weapon balance is complete shit.
>>
File: 1456467038765.jpg (141 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1456467038765.jpg
141 KB, 534x820
Haven't had anything to complain about so far, loving it.
EXCEPT
FOR
THE
FUCKING
JAILERS
>>
poise is fucking bullshit.
>>
Gotta love dat health degen.
>>
>>336325791
how?
>>
Was really disappointed that the game has doesn't have a small white soapstone. Sometimes I want to just help you get to the next bofire and stuff.
>>
>>336325393
Why can't everyone have the same health?
>>
>>336325876
jailers are easy if you rush them, and the room with ten million of them just run past, they cant keep up, alternatively you can get a bow and shoot one, the rest will ignore you while you shoot one down
>>
I hate the cheap enemies.

They can string together combos back to back, forcing you to either retreat or put up the shield. If you attack, they'll get their combo off first.

They rotate on the spot to face you, attack with huge arcs quickly and spin to recover if you get them to miss.

All the bosses huge sweeping arcs and AOE bullshit that takes enormous amounts of your health.

Feels like Dark Souls 2 with the artificial difficulty.
>>
>>336325393
Magic sucks now, especially for PvP.
>>
>>336325963
>straight swords > all
>magic is worthless
>>
>Weapon balance is fucked

>Some enemies are taken a little too far (insane hit-combos combined with infinite stamina AND the hits go through walls)

Still my favorite game in the series without question. Blocking sucks ass now, so to git gud with rolling is awesome.
>>
The jailers like
>>336325876
said.

Everything about Archdragon peak
How the handmaiden raises her prices if you kill her
Havel being back for no apparent reason
How some NPC questlines end up betraying you at the very end
Wolnir's sword having built in wrath of the gods
>>
>>336325393
(OP) this, I can deal with it but it's killed me cheaply.
>>
>>336326552
>straight swords >all
No, i've been smashing the shit out of people with the Profaned Greatsword/Wolf Knight Greatsword, your just bad
>magic is worthless
Its less powerful then in its previous games, but yes i can agree somewhat
>>
Increased enemy aggressiveness without giving the player new ways to counter it.

Bloodborne give the player regain, a focus on speed by turning the roll into a dash, reducing stamina cost for attacks and removing equip load.

DaS 3 gives you none of these things which means you have fast, aggressive enemies like Bloodborne but slow PC movement like DaS.
>>
>no power stance
>no poise
>archery is still SHIT apart from shenanigans pushing people off bridges and shit
>no arenas
>linear progression
>NPC questline so fucked up that they had to patch up to make it easier to access.

Still having tons of fun tho.
>>
>>336326603
Definitely has some blood borne aspects to it.
>>
>>336326552
If you have trouble fighting straight swords you're a shitter. Large weapons have a massive range and hyper-armor advantage, if you have even the smallest amount of skill you can time your swings to just catch them with the tip of your sword as they approach range, or just start your swing right before they're in range and you'll tank through their hit and hit them for double the damage.

Straight swords are easy as fuck to deal with since they have no range and no hyper armor
>>
Weapon balance, it's not strange that some weapons would be better than others in some situations, but in das3 you end up greatly gimping yourself on purpose with some of them

Area progression, i'm probably just exaggerating since i got sick of it after replaying many times, but i didn't like not having options on where to go
Things like having to always kill the watchers as 1st lord of cinder no matter what, grabbing the doll before irithyll, and i'm-not-sure-what-requirement for the key to the grand archives
It's not that bad if i just use the lordvessel as an area unlocker as comparison

Yhorm, fuck that fight, i was hyped since the intro and the disappointment hit me pretty hard
>>
I only hate two things so far

>Enemy attack blatantly clips through walls and corners for full damage
>Faggot invaders crying that they didn't get their edge boner when the host pulls in friendly ghosts

I just want to finish playing for an evening and come read lore theories. Instead there's just thread after thread of edgelords whining about getting BTFO in an invasion and expecting sympathy that they can't ruin someone's experience.
>>
>>336325393
>it's
>>
>>336327105
Read the description of the Ember

The whole point of the game is that by giving yourself an advantage (40% more health and ability to summon) the game also punishes you. It's part of the game. If you cry whenever you get invaded then this is not the game for you.
>>
NG+ was pretty disappointing, in previous titles many of my deaths were for overconfidence thinking i was hot shit and could outtank most things withouth paying any attention

In DaS3 it seemed i truly was hot shit
>>
Guys

I forgot to talk to Anri at the Yorshka Church. Am I locked out of that ending!?
>>
>>336327283
That's such a bullshit excuse. Some people just want to co-op or even advance through the game. This idea that invaders are some unsung hero providing balance to the game is horse shit.

If you cry whenever you get gangbanged by a dozen phantoms, then this game is not for you.
>>
>>336325393
Miracles went from kind of ok for pvm with WoG being useful in pvp to utterly useless.
I had to respec into a pure melee build because of how much I hated it.
Healing still helps though
>>
>>336327378
I think so, unless Yuria is saying that the preparations are ready anyway

I do think exhausting Anri's dialogue at the church was required tho
>>
>>336325393
boss souls are pretty much useless
everything feels really small and linear, even if the games before it were linear too, it still feels like a giant corridor.
they obviously designed areas with huge amounts of enemies and gank squads being the main source of difficultiy, archdragon peak i think is most guilty of this.

still, the game is probably the best one in the series so far.
>>
File: download (53).jpg (4 KB, 151x216) Image search: [Google]
download (53).jpg
4 KB, 151x216
>>336327105
Me too my dude, I was expecting a heavy battle especially for how close the bon fire is but nope.
>>
poise
no power stance
no real dual wielding
just as linear as DS2
shit covenants
shit build variety
shit NG+
enemies feel like bloodborne
>>
>>336327514
We're good.

Yuria said he's at the hidden darkroom basement. Finally, I can be with my husbando.
>>
>>336327437
If that's not the purpose then why is the game SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to allow invaders into your world when you ember?
You can avoid invasions by just not embering you little baby
>>
>>336325393
>What do you hate about it?
Nothing to hate, nothing to like.

That's the biggest problem with DaS3, while being the "best" on a technical level, it just lacks its own personality. Too much returning characters and items. Too much pandering and fanservice.

In the end it's not memorable and I prefer other games in the series with more flaws because they also have more high points and at least try to do their own thing. DaS3 is a very, very safe sequel. It's the first time in a Souls game where I got to the end and didn't immediately feel the need to replay it I mean, happened with DaS2 too but for much different reasons
>>
>>336327563
>Boss Souls
Were they "useful" in previous titles? I always thought of them as collection items
>>
>>336327685
you can specifically get over being ganked in invasions by not invading people, you big baby

fucking lol dude just reread the stupid shit you wrote, and realize how hypocritical it sounds
>>
>>336327563
>the game is probably the best one in the series so far
i dunno, it just feels like a step backwards from bloodborne

>>336327712
this, DaS2 was shit but at least it tried to do some new things and not just rehash
>>
>>336327641
I am not enjoying NG+ at all, souls don't even scale, pathetic really.
>>
I love it, but it lacks atmosphere and death, too bad we have to pretend it does, but fuck it this game is awesome!
>>
>>336327685
For the same reason you could only be invaded when human in DS1? It's a game mechanic. Some people need help with bosses and I enjoy giving it.

I haven't even been invaded yet somehow. I didn't have much trouble in the other souls games, and I doubt I'll have it in this game. I'm just sick of faggots expecting sympathy when they don't get their greentext story.

Plus, twinkbuild cunts.
>>
>>336327896
I wanted to write fun, not death, whatever.
>>
>>336325393
It's kind of easy really, besides a few cheap bosses that spam attacks, it's a cakewalk
I didn't even know I was fighting the final boss when I first fought him
>>
>>336327778
they werent too bad in demons souls, and dark souls 1 had a few really good weapons you could use from boss souls, like queelags sword
>>
Love this game with all my heart, still rage out about not gettin secret ending already for the second time. first time i've healed dark sigil accidently, this time killed pilligrim in the church and when she just said "Lady yuuuria" i was like oooh boooy, here we go...
>>
>>336327782
Did I even complain about large groups? I was responding to
>I just want to finish playing for an evening and come read lore theories. Instead there's just thread after thread of edgelords whining about getting BTFO in an invasion and expecting sympathy that they can't ruin someone's experience.
If you consider being invaded "ruining someone's experience" then you're a little bitch. It's like playing a game of soccer and then whining "what the fuck the other team can take the ball from me? This is ruining my experience."

The game is designed for you to get invaded, don't bitch.

As for invading big groups of people, generally try to point at one phatom to signal I'll fight him one on one, and I will. But if all 4 players group up on me at once I'll be as big of a dick as possible and lure them into enemies and shit. It's still fun even if I lose.
The people who complain about gabksw are the people who complain about literally everything on /v/. Probably the same people who whine about straight swords.
>>
>>336328012
Yeah was kind of disappointed with the difficulty. Hopefully they fix some things with a patch.
>>
>>336327641
This desu
They also brought back bleed, but then fucked poison which was semi viable in ds2, and brought backmshitty ds2 bleed as frostbite, which is garbage
>>
>>336327641
>just as linear as DS2
but it's not
every time you beat a boss you have 2-3 new areas you can go to
>>
>>336328145
I think DaS1 usefulness of boss souls can never be beaten
Just how many people won the game thanks to Artorias' Greatshield?
>>
>>336328229
>The game is designed for you to get invaded, don't bitch.

>The game is designed for tryhard faggots to sprint to get a twink build put together and invade you with their overpowered gear

Yeah, nah, you're an edgefag.
>>
>>336325393
I hate it that I can't even run it
>>
>>336325393
NO POISE

BONFIRES BEING RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER

HEAVY WEAPONS ALL BEING SHIT BECAUSE NO POISE

NAMELESS FAGGOT

And that's it i think. The entire Archdragon area was annoying as fuck.
>>
>>336328470
Oh and fuck every single enemy that has a fucking greatshield. They are a chore to fight it fucking gets on my nerves, Lothric knights in general are all faggots.
>>
>>336328470
Heavy weapons are ok due to hyper armor, but heavy armor got fucked.
Great hammers still suck though
>>
>>336328470
They busted my balls with how easy the Dragon fight was there.
>>
File: giantenemycrab.jpg (139 KB, 706x500) Image search: [Google]
giantenemycrab.jpg
139 KB, 706x500
The fact that pretty much every weapon in the game can chain stagger for two hits minimum in PvP, regardless of armor / poise / anything leads to a lot of PvP encounters feeling very similar, and not even a generally agreeable kind of similar like Bloodborne, where even then only heavier weapons could poise break on every hit. It gets annoying and old fast. Just hyperarmor is a pretty lousy solution and obviously favors certain classes of weapons.

The fact that the weapon upgrade matchmaking is 100% permanent is stupid. If I want to be summoned by low level people I should at least be able to put my upgraded weapon in the box or something, but nope, you're stuck. It ruins some covenant matchmaking where action only ever happens at low levels.

Some weapon classes need serious tweaking because some are outrageously preferential and others suck dick in literally every conceivable scenario.
>>
>>336328564
Only heavies i found decent were the dragonslayer greataxe or whatever it's called and..... actually that's kinda it. I was disappointed with how weak i Smough's hammer was, for me at least.
>>
>>336328323
>every time you beat a boss you have 2-3 new areas you can go to
so... like das 2???
>>
File: JYRgflJ.gif (2 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
JYRgflJ.gif
2 MB, 350x280
My only real hate for this game comes from the fact that invaders, at leat NINETY PERCENT of them, have a single, shitty approach to invading.

I get invaded all the time, which is fine, because I actually like that aspect of the game. I like the occasional challenge, since most enemies are, block/dodge once then combo to death with anything. I don't mind at all having an invader come in, start a fight with me, and we see who can kill the other. That shit's cool.

It's the fact that 90% of them are cowardly girls that invade in, then immediately leave to hide behind the nearest group of enemies, and wait there. They'll poke me once or twice maybe, then just run away, almost every single time.
Like seriously, why did you invade, if you aren't willing to fight me?
Are you so afraid of the person you chose to invade that you can't just fight an kill them?
Or are you completely useless, and can only hope that a mob will stagger somebody so that you can get a backstab in before running away to hide again?
It makes me so mad___ when I get invaded while trying to play through the game, only to have everybody spawn in and immediately run away and hide behind some enemies like a little bitch.
I know there's seeds, but fuck if I feel like poofing back to the tree every time to check for seeds, and besides, I shouldn't need them, I should be able to fight people who CHOSE TO INVADE instead of playing hide and seek with chicken shit faggots.
>>
>>336325393
Enemies seem to have sprees of infinite stamina. The fact that bosses seem to ramp up in difficulty if you're doing pretty good. The fucking horrible horrible camera (especially in the nameless king fight".
>>
>>336328470
>>336328652
yhorms is actually a really fucking good heavy weapon, i stopped using the claymore for it
>>
The BEST things das3 did was removing armor upgrade
Truly the epitome of fashion souls, never again beind bound to the armors you upgraded
>>
>>336328709
Also no poise or upgrading armor. What's the point of using a greatsword if they can block six consecutive attacks with a buckler and immediately respond with a flurry of attacks.
>>
Oh and one more thing i hate is how enemies just get tired of being staggered and will suddenly fucking get a hit in during your R1 spam.
>>
File: realisbrowngo1.jpg (12 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
realisbrowngo1.jpg
12 KB, 320x239
>>336325393
The monochromatic visuals.

Say what you will about DS2's graphics, at least it had a range of colors in it.
>>
>>336328869
looks like you'll have to come back in a few years, then
>>
>>336328762
Aesthetics af, kind of like bloodborne with different armor combos. I like to see what other players decide what looks cool to them.
>>
File: 1460506827198.jpg (60 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1460506827198.jpg
60 KB, 479x492
>>336328887
heres your reply
>>
>>336328652
Yhorms
Astora gs
Grundy halberd
Greataxes in general
Fume ugs is ok

Really just great hammers suck.
Again
>>
Faith is SHIT,the buffs and heals are fine,but you might as well invest in a real stat instead,only the stronger gnaw seems to do anything and it never hits people.
>>
>>336328705
It's because they're edgy faggots who just want a greentext story about how they cunningly lured a host to their death from some largely made up amalgam of events that prove how invaders are all coolguys and people focusing on pve and non pvp builds are just "shitters"

When they inevitably fail, they come here to cry.
>>
>>336325663
Said the scrub with no armor and no game knowledge
>>
File: NioH.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>336325393
I hate that I had more fun with a 5 hours long demo than I did going through the motions with my 40 hours of DaS3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dlnqYUEZw
>>
I'm playin 2, pretty good so far
>>
>no poise
>no power stance
>weapon balance
>magic balance
>covenants are a bit botched
>feel too many returning old armor sets, would have wanted more new ones
>gimmick bosses
>>
>>336328887
Go back to splatoon please
>>
File: 20160426034746_1.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160426034746_1.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
A G G R O R A N G E S
What th eactual fuck.
>gay mario bros
>standing at fog applying rouge
>stabbed by knight that was at the stairs when i elevator up
>dogs
>dogs
>dogs
>dogs?
>fuckign telelporting, never ceasing dogs

>thralls, esp in Archives
I've beaten this faggot game about 5 times now, im not looking to fucking clear areas anymore, just dick arolund and frag bosses as fast as possible so i can make my fucking PvP builds, leaev me alone you cocksucking little shits. I just want to hit the crucifixion bonfire so I can invade, not have to kill the faggot dog that would chase me to sages door. Fuck.
>>
File: 1436488945900.jpg (63 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1436488945900.jpg
63 KB, 500x495
>>336325453
>he doesn't know how poise works
>>
>>336328989
idk about you but I love oneshotting people with ds armour greataxe
>>
>>336329093
the dogs really anger me too, i hate the dogs in this game so god damn much.

they frustrated me more than any boss did
>>
>>336327838
>souls don't even scale,
Seriously? What the fuck.
>>
I really miss powerstancing.
>>
>>336329112
It has no discernible effect on hyper armor.
Roll staggering is based on equip load.
It certainly doesnt work like it used to.

There is a value in game that is set to 0.
When changed to 1, poise works like it did in ds1.

Fuck off
>>
Absolutely fucking hate the linearity early on. It's actually worse than DS2.

And yeah, just way too much rehashing of stuff from 1 and Demon's. It would've been cool to see references dropped here and there but a really good chunk of the NPCs, locations and bosses are
>IT'S JUST LIKE IN THAT OTHER GAME, GET IT?? *wink wink*
tier shit
>>
>>336329214
If I am level 100 going into NG+ AND getting 80 souls for each enemy how am I supposed to do anything, especially when their health scales to your level.
>>
>>336329162
the same build in that photo, on my way to champ gundyr I was using the Glaive, to get used to the moveset, they take 3 fucking hit sto kill, on the sweetspot, and there's 5-7 depending on how many you walk by, and if you run out to the fucking lizards they follow you. I lost nearly 200k souls beacuse they lmaostunlock you if you get hit one fucking time. god damnit, fuck dogs, I keep a fucking raw ASS on me if I build a STR build because otherwise you literally cannot kill the fuckers because thye eat straight through hyper armour.
>>
>>336325393
Invading is an exercise in frustration, people with summons have invasion priority so you are almost always outnumbered.
Red phantoms can also hit each other, meaning they are sometimes working with the host and you have to be careful not to hit each other if you do work together.

The game's too linear, no real choice as to where to go, meaning that replay value is somewhat limited.

NG+ could have done with mixing things up a little bit more in regards to mobs.

Having said all of that, I still think it's a great game.
>>
>>336329314
DaS2 gets props from me because pre-drangleic castle you can just hop on any area and complete the corridor until the "final boss"

DLCs made that even better
>>
>>336326442
Which enemies are you talking about specifically i haven't had many problems so far
>>
What dogs are people complaining about?
The ones in irithyll?
>>
It seems like they did everything they could to make it as cheap as possible.

>hurr isn't it fun cya it's hard guys? We made it so hard.
>>
>>336329435
It just kills the game
>>
It's toi linear
>>
I'm inclined to forgive the linearity since most bosses are amazing

I don't forgive the removal of ascetics tho, i loved being able to fight the bosses when i wanted
>>
>>336329550
>doesnt know the joy of batting dogs out of the air with vordts hammer
>>
I'm kind of new to this game,what is the minus attack on the heavy weapons?
like atk 250 -100.
>>
>>336328371
Okay, so why is invading even allowed then?

If it wasn't part of the desired game function, why has it been in all Souls games and why not remove the red eye orbs and just keep the red soapstone for consensual PvP?

They even introduced Purples for trolling purposes.

Invasions are part of the game, having the system so heavily skewed against the invader simply makes the entire system unfun for everyone.
>>
>>336329314
> just way too much rehashing of stuff from 1 and Demon's
It's so fucking weird. They also use Bloodborne's engine and used much of the same base models, and yet by copy/pasta-ing assets from DaS1 like Anor Londo it just clashes with the new engine and looks completely out of place

pretty much ALL interior areas with brickwalls (so, every castle) or caves in the game look like shit, the lighting simply wasn't treated properly and they end up looking like plastic. By making the game bigger they forego the polish BB had. a great comparison is between Irithyll and Yharnam or Cainhurst.

Irithyll is full of these completely bland fire-and-forget dead ends like pic related, and if you look between each copy/paste house you see holes that lead to a bland texture or sometimes a buggy background. There is no clutter on the floor, only a wall and the ground. Most of the levels seem rushed by comparison, too big for their own good, while also not having amazing level design.

>IT'S JUST LIKE IN THAT OTHER GAME, GET IT?? *wink wink*
yeah they pander so much in such a blatant shamelessly direct way, it's pretty disgusting. I felt like a 10 year old kid whenever they pulled that shit, which was often.
>>
>>336330174
It has a minus 'cause you don't have the required stats to wield it properly
>>
File: 1454352440090.jpg (27 KB, 601x607) Image search: [Google]
1454352440090.jpg
27 KB, 601x607
>poise being dummied out
>weapon balance in general is pretty scattered
>auto-summon covenants barely fucking working
>invasions intentionally having a higher chance of invading ganksquads
>arenas were removed for basically no reason despite being, albiet flawed, one of the best additions to the series from dark souls 2 (no the fucking dead as shit oolacile arena doesn't count)
>>
>>336330174
Means you dont have the stats to use it, thats how much damage you lose
>>
>>336330174
Has to do with a certain trait. If you don't have your stats to a point with that weapon it will have an x over it.
>>
>>336327641
>DS2
>Linear
Say what you want about DS2, but it was not linear, especially by NG+
>>
>>336330251
>>336330279
>>336330315
So if i have the required stats to two hand it,is it okay?
>>
>>336330380
Yes, but two handing gives a boost only to str
If you have a dex deficency the only option is to level it up
Well most heavy weapons have low dex requirements anyway
>>
>>336330380
Yes, it wont have the negative damage when you usemit, but because japs are retarded you cant see what the attack rating is when two handing
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>336330268

All PvP was at the bridge after the oolacile arena, dummy
>>
>>336330380
If you look at the bottom of the items stats it should show you what skill is lacking with red over the numbers. If you pick a weapon with high intelligence requirements but have the strength or dexterity to use it, it will still lack compared to having at least minimum stats.
>>
>>336330629
Exactly, which made them adding an arena to the area completely redundant.
>>
>>336330713
I figured as much,but the heavy strength weapons that i two hand still show as if they lost stats on the stat screen,so i was confused.
>>
>>336330248
WHERE IS THAT AT THATS LITERALLY NEW LONDO
>>
>>336330875
What's? That's just irithyll before the puddle area
>>
>>336328470
> NAMELESS FAGGOT

nameless king is one of the best bosses of all the souls series though
>>
>>336330735

The community decided on the bridge after the arena was determined to be bunk.

So the community did that, not From.
>>
>>336326915
I agree. I'd rather fight against katanas, straight swords, or thrusting swords instead of heavy weapons. I'm just really bad at dealing with them for some reason. Also halberds. I don't get the complaints with straight swords.
>>
Was there a shield contest this time around? If so i completely missed it and who won
>>
game is great, but theres 4 things that are outstandingly lame and prevent me from launching the game every day to play:

-npc questlines are incredibly easy to fuck up and sometimes can be completely destroyed by no fault of the player. i didnt see patches until it was way too late to save catarina or greirat. anri was murdered even though i wasnt doing the hollow storyline at all. etc etc.

-people can invade online with pirated copies, equip a hex edited weapon that grants the target souls and get your character banned from online

-being able to use seed after using dried finger

-dark sword, caestus having a larger parry window than shields even though shields are just as useless when whiffing parry, general combat balancing dogshit etc

at least soul memory didnt kill the game. but they have work to do.
>>
>>336331075

Yeah, there was only one winner this time, it was the Proud Knight Palfi Greatshield.
>>
>>336330248
I stand by the thought that FROM can't make good sequels, only new IPs.

It's why Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne were great, while DS2 and DS3 were lazy shit.

I hope they delay the new IP that is coming out in 2017. We don't need another new game in a year's time. Better for them to just get it right.
>>
>>336329019
>Solz pro

Get over yourself m8
>>
>>336330875
No, that's in Irithyll next to a lizard

This is Anor Londo I think... I hope so, because it still looks like shit

>>336331154
I think the only good Souls games were the ones made with JapanStudio. Don't get me wrong I loved DaS1 but I always drop out once I get the LordVessel, I can't stand the second half it's just so horrid. I only ever managed to finish the game twice

But at least it did something new when it came out, unlike DaS3 which is technically better than DaS1 on the second half, but I couldn't care less
>>
What's the start-up and parry window of shields/parrying dagger/cestus?
>>
>>336326701
Hes trying to say that long swords are overpowered in the state they are in.
see +10 darksword with heavy gem. so much dmg its a joke on a sword. Of course you can kill with the other weapons but the long swords are stats wise jsut stronger
>>
>>336331403
Caestus has fastest startup, not many frams
Parry dagger has longest frames but long cooldown
Parrying shields have decent frames, good startup, medium cooldown
Katana weapon art parry has caestus-tier startup and more frames with pretty short animation, but it's a katana weapon art
>>
File: 1462053052741.gif (640 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1462053052741.gif
640 KB, 250x170
>>336331748
Thanks man.
>>
>>336331027
double roll and poke.
>>
>>336331930
I advise a cestus for you. i use cestus/UGS and its really good.
>>
>>336325393
that I can't play it
>>
Loved it at the start, but it got boring quick.
Huge lack of viable builds, enemies have less obvious tells and are more aggresive, but almost all of them are stunlockable so what's the point? Too many bonfires and estus flasks so you're never in danger of running out during anything other than bossfights.
>>
>>336325393
NOT ENOUGH SWAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME MORE SWAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THROW IN MORE DARK CLAUSTROPHOBIC PLACES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASTLES ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!
>>
How do i stop doing that awkward parry where i still get hit on health and stamina?
Even worse when it's that + no actual parry

In DaS1 i had absolutely no problem with parrying, in DaS2 and 3 i keep doing that shit
>>
>>336329671
Not him, but Silver knights and up tend to do that if you're using a light weapon. Heavy weapons stun the fuck out of em.
>>
>>336332074
that's a partial parry where you miss the window by a few frames

it gives you a little damage reduction
>>
>>336332113
For Silver Knights i always used 2h mace r1 for infinite stunlock

Black Knights require a better poise breaking weapon
>>
>>336332205
Yeah that's why I specified light weapons.
Not sure why everyone was on the estoc's dick, my first run was a dex run with estocs/rapiers/dual swords and my UGS strength run was a lot easier.
Could stunlock things I couldnt before.
>>
>>336331370
NEW
LONDO
YOU FUCK
NOT ANOR LONDO
I CAN TELL YOU NEVER PLAYED DARK SOULS 1 YOU BANDWAGON FAG
>>
>Magic is complete shit
Pretty much this for me. I love too use all spells in PvE on DS1 since some were actually decent. Even sorceries suck in DS3. How could they fuck up so bad? At least make them good for PvE.

They should also make Blue Sentinels and Darkmoon blade one covenant OR bring back the Sin system of DaS1
>>
I wish magik was still decent. I want some utility spells, it's all "pump int to do direct damage to whoever is you are locked onto"

Where are my "skill ceiling strategies", I'm talking lingering flame, some type of deployable sorcery trap, a spell shield that explodes on damage taken like ds1, why can't I lob a soul arrow like a firebomb and watch the confusion as they try to dodge my soul grenade, fire snake, why not even a weaker version of that shit the ghru shamans use that spawns a living fireball to attack enemies? all that shit is gone or doesn't exist. Where's the creativity? It's fucking magic, not a blue gun that shoots different blue bullets.
>>
>>336332261
I basically played DaS3 similarly on how i played DaS2, giving poise break more importance than actual damage and caring more about damage types than i did in 1
The istant my estoc/longsword stopped stunlocking i switched to better weapons
>>
>>336332290
meh, forgot the name

take a chill pill breh
>>
>>336331154
>tfw armor core is better than their souls games
>>
>>336332290
How the hell is that new londo. It's literally a short sprint away from the anor londo cathedral.
>>
>>336326603
>git gud with rolling
Game is boring as fuck as a dex light armor curved sword user. Just fucking rolling past everything is so boring. You don't even need to avoid an attack, just roll into it and you're fine. You don't need to time a roll most the time, if you roll too early just roll again instantly. Roll into fire, roll into aoe. If you up on that late night grind, being invincible and trivializing massive ass boss weapons, smash that motherfucking circle button.
>>
File: 1457165559312.jpg (66 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
1457165559312.jpg
66 KB, 500x527
>invade as red
>always end up killing phantoms even when 1vs2
>never the host
>invade as aldrich
>same
>be summoned as blue
>host dies near instantly
>invade/summoned as grape
>"KILL TWO PHANTOMS OR THE HOST,WHAT?CAN'T HANDLE A GANK FAGGOT?"
>>
Poise being a lie is my biggest problem with it. I normally did sword and shield in DS1 and 2 so the 1h sword being OP was 'okay' but it also made experimenting with other and slower stuff like halberds discouraging. Why go with a weapon that is agonizingly slow in attack that does just about the same or a lil less damage than the sword overall and which enemies can stunlock me in even with heavy armor?

If you go back to DS1 you'll see all enemies, even lord gwyn himself, being so much incredibly slower than in DS3. Gwyn is maybe around the speed of a black knight or silver knight in DS3.

Hyperarmor is not an acceptable compromise to losing poise because it means you have to spam your attacks to activate the pseudo-poise.

>>336326442

I never had that problem in DS2 but I didn't play the DLC. I'm still amazed that people find DS2 to be hard or god forbid harder than DS3. But I agree otherwise about the 'cheapness'. It's far easier for enemies to juggle you with combos than in DS1.
>>
>>336332510
The light roll in DaS1 and DaS3 have the same amount of i-frames.
>>
>>336332510
Meh, most bosses punish panic rolling using delayed attacks or something so you actually have to time that shit
Normal enemies try to combo the shit out of you so you can't roll into that
>>
>>336328685
What's wrong with a linear game?
>>
>>336328887
SweetFX. You wouldn't believe how good the game looks without the cum filter and the shitty blur
>>
>>336332692
Makes people whine about the good old connected world of das1
>>
>>336332743
I guess, but it's a world comprised of a bunch of worlds colliding in time and they still managed to make it seem like it's a fully connected kingdom, it's linear, but cooler than lordran imo. Bloodborne was linear and everyone loves yharnam
>>
>>336331132
>Play on PC
>Surprised when hex-editing hacking cheat-engine faggots ruin your day

You deserved it for playing on PC, anon.
>>
>>336332628
Yes, and it's a flaw that was never fixed. The game is designed like a cheap piece of shit, there is a lot of potential to actually dodge attacks with proper hitboxes and 3 demonstrates a lot of very nice hitboxes but none of it matters because you just tap a button right before you take damage. And unlike parrying positioning doesn't matter at all, and it punishes your stamina far less.

>>336332663
Delayed attacks can be avoid by just rolling again. Dying is just a matter of choosing when to stop rolling and kiting and moving in to strike. 7 or 8 rolls is more than enough to avoid mostly everything, you won't have anything left to attack with but that's just a matter of patience.
>>
>>336331132
Wait, pirates can actually interact with retail people??
>>
>>336326915
Straight swords have a massive speed advantage. Greatswords are very easy to dodge through. As the poise doesn't work, speedy sword wins over the slow one, everytime. Not to mention dark sword has insane speed, damage and hyper armor on it's own.
>>
>>336333029
yes
>>
>>336333348
Lmao, how have they not put a stop to that. Was that possible in 2? 2 seems to be the best game as far as online components go.
>>
Lore item said thieves were afraid of lothric castle, staying clear of its grounds because it was rumoured to swallow men whole.

99% of lothric castle population is FUCKING THIEVES AND THRALLS
>>
>>336333709
What? No it's not. Everything in lothric castle is knights, clerics, mages, dragons, and abyss monsters
>>
>>336332560
I once invaded as a grapist and literally spawned into the message "Kill 4 phantoms or the host"

FUCKING WHAT
>>
File: download (54).jpg (5 KB, 356x142) Image search: [Google]
download (54).jpg
5 KB, 356x142
>>336333709
Lothric is hollow lives matter.
>>
>>336333904
There are so many thralls post dancer, even that alley by the two dragons where you are ambushed by upwards of 4 thieves, thralls in the archives, thralls outside the consumed Kings garden, they're everywhere to the point of almost filler enemy if you don't count the literal filler enemies
>>
>>336326712

This, Poise, and Magic being too weak are my issues with 3.

I feel like they went too hard on magic expecting mana and mana estus to make it too good.
>>
>>336334049
Oh fuck you're right. I completely forgot about the archives. My bad anon, u right.
>>
File: 1461431641014.jpg (52 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1461431641014.jpg
52 KB, 720x576
the environments.
seriously the most boring areas of any Souls game yet.
Even DaS2 with it's impossible geography and flat textures was more interesting to explore.
There is nothing to look forward to in NG+, no fond memories of any part of the game.
Sure the bosses are fantastic and a lot of the mechanics have been polished but I feel like the meat of the game is hollow (no pun intended).
>>
File: 1461025873105.jpg (174 KB, 1380x687) Image search: [Google]
1461025873105.jpg
174 KB, 1380x687
>>336325393
>Way to many "fellow of generous size with large weapon and unlimited stamina" enemies
>The annoying fucking spin attacks. Seriously, god dam.
>Most bosses have super quick two hit combos that do huge amounts of damage. Feels like a cheap win button.
>Invasions turn into fucking wars of attrition with Host chugging seemingly infinite estus and rolling around like cowards.
>Summoning phantom...
>Half the bosses are just easy push overs.
>Game has very light story and lore. Honestly its the weakest of the series.
>NPC questlines are retarded
>Profaned capital is literally a ladder and boss room
>Endings are pathetic. Adds nothing to the series besides maybe the Lord fo Hollows one.
>Three clone covenants
>Three swamp areas
>Three Firelink Shrines
>No Dragon covenant and shitty dragon transformation
>No bleeding sun at the endgame. That shit looked so cool.
>Very blatant and annoying Berserk "references".

Thats about all I can think of. 7.5/10 game. Its great but I just dont love it as much as Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>336326712
You hit the nail on the head. Because of this slow weapons are also very unviable.
I also thought most areas were uninspired in mid-game. I loved most of the boss fights though.
>>
>>336334649
Ng+ in das2

>going through tseldora

>round corner to big spider door

>gonna own me a congregation

>suddenly Dukes Dear Freja shows up for an impromptu fight

>I scream like a little girl

One of the things I am really steamed from forgot about DaS2 was how many big changes ng+ added
>>
>>336325393

PVP unnecessarily slowed down by estus is my biggest gripe with DS3. Getting someone down to the last third of their health only for them to roll back, take an instant sip and be at full 5 times over is the most tedious fucking thing.
>>
PvP is bad but everyone will still eat it up and play it because it's a new souls game
>>
>>336325393
Most mechanics are used very rarely or poorly. So most people just use reliable ones like shield blocking and rolling with fast weapons.
You can't tell which enemy you can parry for example, or what the fucking poise do they have and can you even break it. Same with visceral attacks - you need at the spot in the right time, but at what spot and at what spot... Shit like leeches that used only once-twice in a game that were never introduced in the series.
The worst part - they do the same shit over an over again in ever DkS game and don't do shit to fix it.
Player poise is nonexistent.
>>
>>336326650
>Everything about Archdragon peak
The one-hit boss was kind of annoying, but nearly every Souls game has one of those. Not sure what else you can hate about it.
>How the handmaiden raises her prices if you kill her
Why did you kill her, faggot?
>>
>>336327650
>husbando
you disgust me, girl anri is best anri
>>
>>336334712
you forgot to mention the copious amounts of callbacks
>every memorable DaS1 character and some DaS2 characters' armor is just sold by an NPC
>Fume Knight sword just sitting in Izalith for some reason and isn't even called something ambiguous
>literally go back to Anor Londo
>REMEMBER ORNSTEIN? FIGHT HIM FOR THE 3RD TIME IN THESE GAMES
>Artorias and Solaire sets just because
>wheel skeletons because of memes
Aldrich and Siegward are the only things I'd give a pass.
>>336334823
Yeah that stuff was neat but I was more referring to the areas themselves being fun to explore.
I can't think of any area in DaS3 I like.
I guess the dungeons were kind of cool, that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, DaS2 was still fucking lazy and the bosses were shit, but the areas were just more fun and interesting.
>>
>>336327712
>It's another bloodborne poster
>>
>>336325393
>No powerstancing
>Fist weapons worse
>Cant upgrade armour
>Enemies and bosses that sometimes don't stop attacking and never go to an 'idle' phase
>Greirat rescue was bugged and her died anyway
>Limited weapon arts They are great but I wanted more of them
>Covenants are kind of whack
Still enjoying myself though
>>
>>336335307
As someone who was very hyped for powerstancing, powerstancing was shit.
The current system of specific weapons being dual wieldable is much better.
>>
>>336334923
>>336334904
Why is it especially so bad in the Archives? Every other group I invade is a 3v1 Giant's seed fuck fest.
>>
File: 1382491420221.png (131 KB, 325x257) Image search: [Google]
1382491420221.png
131 KB, 325x257
>>336325393
2 second long fucking input queus
Every enemy encounter after Dancer
Every level after Dancer
Stamina/carry load STILL being two separate stats
Poise being included and totally functional but the hex value is set to off and not on
The parry timing
INT/FTH are worthless until 60 points in
Enemies that behave like they're straight outta bloodborne only the player character doesn't function like the one in bloodborne at all
>Luck
>Jailers
>Archdragon Peak
The obtuse as fuck NPC questlines
the optimization

I don't think that's all but that's all I can remember right now
>>
>>336335507
what's wrong with Luck?
I thought it was a good addition, I'm even planning a luck build.
>>
magic sucks ass
everythign except straight swords sukcs ass
>>
>>336334049
They probably avoided it before the whole world starting going to actual shit and the sun starting exploding
>>
>>336325393
>Loving dank souls 3, but every game has it's flaws. What do you hate about it?

That fact that no matter what time of day it is there are at least 3-4 Dark Souls threads.

Why the fuck do people like this silly GRIMDARK shit?
>>
>>336335135
>you forgot to mention the copious amounts of callbacks
I didnt really care about that so much. Dark Souls has been a giant meme game since 2.
>>
>>336335665
>Why the fuck do people like this silly GRIMDARK shit?
the porn mostly.
>>
Motherfucking Ghru
No poise
Dark Sword, Estoc, Hyperarmor
Archives key doesn't spawn til you teleport from Yhorm's room
BROKEN COVENANTS
>>
>>336335602
No you're right, luck is fine, I just don't like it personally because I can't find a use for it

Plus it's not ADP, so really I should love it.
>>
>>336335905
>ADP

Fuck I hate that stat. I'm pretty sure the hitboxes in 2 were fucking horrible because of it.
>>
>>336325393
>jailers that lower your max health on site
>equip old sage's blindfold to block out the lantern
>max health still lowered

WHY
>>
is BoDM completely broken or something?

been wearing the cov item for hours and havet gotten summoned once.

do you need to open ports or something?
>>
File: 16308900784_f7f2a40161_o.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
16308900784_f7f2a40161_o.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>336335182
I just so happened to post a bloodborne screenshot, does that trigger you?

I'll be sure to post demon's souls next, that way I cover all bases.
>>
>>336328705

Invaders invade to plunder, that's all. This means being "cowardly" and using any items and enemies/traps in the world environment to help you die. They want your souls, your ember, or just a dirty kill, there's no need to justify it. You don't get the choice of forcing them into a fight since you embered, anyway. That's the price you pay for extra health and phantom help. This makes your post just as annoying as whiny invaders, in all fairness. You should not expect honor from a red eye invader, and why should they be when they know they're trespassing and unwelcome in your world?

Since I'm an invader that actually plays like an invader, I don't bitch about unfairness on forums. I understand the odds against me when the player summons phantoms or blue spirit comes to fend me off, and I enjoy that challenge. Don't complain about unhonorable red eye invaders without forgetting that you can summon phantoms, have more health, and generally more estus charges than they do. You also have the seed, as you acknowledged. Many game mechanics to put the fight in your favor by miles.
>>
>>336335871
So you hate poise and you hate hyperarmour which is poise during attacks with specific weapons.
>>
>>336336003
It's them looking at you.
>>
The engine still has that fucking input queueing system like all the others. Annoying as fuck.
>>
>>336336003
>site
Also it doesn't matter if you look at them you moron, it's them seeing you.
>>
>>336336053
If there was poise, big weapons wouldn't need to automatically attack every time. Just use poise like you did before to pull it off.
>>
>>336325393
>the flailing bloodborne enemies that just tard out on you and all charge from aggro range to beating on you in less than a second, making magic crap in pve except after you get the ability to stack a bunch of buffs and get dank 1 shots
>the balance in general favoring r1 spam with light weapons (everyone is using straight swords for a reason)
>it doesn't have poise, just hyper armor
>>
>>336327105
>they can't ruin someone's experience.
why do people keep parroting this faggot meme?
how on earth does dying ruin your experience in any game, let alone a fucking souls game
>>
File: 1445709806112.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1445709806112.gif
393 KB, 640x360
SO many fucking people complaining about DS3 being too 'safe' when DS2 was SHIT ON for being DIFFERENT from DS1, and now DS2 is being praised because of it. What the actual fuck is happening
>>
>>336336647
It's the star wars prequels effect.
>>
>>336336647
It wasn't shit on for being different, it was shit on for being shit.
>>
File: 1445998455645.png (66 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445998455645.png
66 KB, 1000x1000
>>336336740
I mean, it was a good game, for one playthrough. Just a shit souls game.
>>
>>336336647
DaS3 is also bad mostly because of the ways it differs from DaS. Not that the fact that there's a difference itself is what makes the game bad, but the problems with DaS haven't been fixed and there are a ton of new problems that are present now which is just fucking baffling. This shit was already fixed before and they're still fucking it up. Also 2 made a ton of legitimately good QoL improvements like being able to invade hosts that were done with an area and easily co-op with friends, but that's basically all the good you'll ever hear about it.
>>
>>336328705
I have the exact opposite problem; a large majority of hosts that I've invaded immediately disconnect, or run back to the bonfire to summon phantoms and won't budge from it.

Ganksquads are another thing and piss me off even more, but it frustrates me that some hosts are so terrified of the IDEA of fighting an invader that they won't even approach you unless they have backup and are right at the bonfire. Throw in some seeds and password-matched phantoms and it's basically a ganksquad, just less aggressive.

I'll always give people a chance. Whether it be for a 1v1 when I encounter 3 people, or for the host to use some gesture that makes me feel bad and crystal out, or for the host to run back to the bonfire but turn around only because they wanted a safe place to fight it out.

I get not wanting to be invaded. That's fine.
But not confronting it is cowardly. You should be playing the game, not avoiding it.
>>
>>336328705
Just as bad as when they start out fighting normally but then resort to that faggotry

>Fighting off an invader next to the bonfire next to the ruins in the swamp
>Semi-honourable, both using estus but thats about it.
>Only mobs I attract (My own fault) are a couple of zombies with sharp logs. Kill them quick
>Get the upper-hand on the invader
>Eventually invader stops using estus during down-time
>runs into the swamp, towards the giant enemy crabs
>know Im getting baited, go for it anyway or he'll just stand there
>invader just rolling around the crabs with no HP left before I finally manage to kill him

It's annoying because the fight we were having before was actually pretty fun until he pussied out. If you want a fight, then fucking fight and dont just run away towards mobs when you're about to lose
>>
>>336330248
>a great comparison is between Irithyll and Yharnam or Cainhurst.
I didn't even realize, but as pretty as Irithyll seems, it's... kind of empty. I blew through it pretty fast and didn't think much about the structure or the sights of the level.

Meanwhile, thinking back to first exploring Central Yharnam conjures up images of sprawling sewers and densely populated twists and turns.

I like DaS3 a lot, but I'm still glad that BB exists and is as good as it was.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.