[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>world designs sucks (mostly linear) >area variety sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: fgxfsd.jpg (17 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fgxfsd.jpg
17 KB, 480x270
>world designs sucks (mostly linear)
>area variety sucks (mostly churches and the same castle)
>pvp is unbalanced and sucks dick with certain weapons being insane
>poise
>gankers
>PC version is a fucking fail (hackers literally banning you + it runs like shit)
>armor does nearly nothing for defense
>4 of the game bosses are total shit or gimmicks and only 3 are even good (still unmemorable however)
>ng+ doesn't add anything to the game its the same thing but with some better rings

What the fuck went wrong with this game
>>
>>336324208
>world design sucks
stopped reading right there because I remember Dark Souls 2.
>>
>muh nostalgia for "insert souls game/BB here"
>>
>>336324391
Fuck Bloodborne that game bore the fuck out of me
>>
>>336324339
>DaS2 level design was worse so DaS3 design can't be bad
Fucking retard.
>>
This game, although not the greatest, was a nice way to end the series.
>>
>>336324208
>pvp is unbalanced and sucks dick
probably the most balanced for any first month souls release. It still shit but could've been worse.

>PC version is a fucking fail (hackers literally banning you + it runs like shit)
not true, they can't ban anyone

>armor does nearly nothing for defense
not true at all

>4 of the game bosses are total shit or gimmicks
all souls game have that many shit bosses

rest is true and the game is alright tier. Nothing special
>>
>>336324339
the world design is pretty not good, its got lots of paths and what not but they don't even really add anything or mean anything other than making a shortcut to the boss most of the time.
>>
>>336324208
PC ever getting a sluls game. The normie crowd spawned from there and the cancer along with it
>>
>>336324894
>don't even really add anything or mean anything other than making a shortcut to the boss most of the time
As opposed to...?
>>
>>336325063
The world being connected in some way in my opinion like in dark souls 1 would have been much better
>>
>>336325231
Like, Havel's tower connecting Undead Burg to Darkroot?

Was there anything else like that in DaS1?
I feel like DaSIII actually did that more often.
>>
>>336325063
As opposed to not having bonfire warping at all.
>>
>>336325063
Shortcuts that allow you to travel the world more easily and get to merchants or the damn central hub easily. All of that is gone thanks to the linear world design and teleporting between bonfires from the start. It's just formulaic "activate an elevator to make a checkpoint" shit that gets very predictable and tiring.
>>
>>336325384
Yeah for example you can get to Valley of Drakes/Blighttown in the beginning of the game without even needing the master key.
>>
>>336325384
There are more examples,
>the one sewer you encounter near the firelink Shrine
>the elevator's below the firelink shrine
>the 2 elevators near the firelink shrine
>the undead burg cell door near the bonefire
>the undead burg ladder in the bonefire room

thats just off my head
>>
>>336325557
Man this shit wasn't a problem when it was just Demon's Souls.

Since when did DaS shortcut to merchants? I can't think of a single time that happens.

>>336325682
Those are all shortcuts though (except for the New Londo elevator which is the only way to get down there)

The only difference is that you can't warp until Lordvessel so the early game levels shortcut to the hub in addition to within the level itself.
I mean shit nearly all of the things you just listed are within Undead Burg and Undead Parish, like the first hour of the game.

What about the rest?

Is the complaint just that DaSIII doesn't shortcut back to Firelink?

I mean that'd be kind of hard considering it's on a peninsula cliff (and this would completely fuck with the geography of the Untended Graves) instead of like right in the middle of the world.
>>
>>336325442
yeah, they should delayed that mechanic like in a familiar game they made
>>
>>336324708
>not true at all
The difference between the defense of havels and the defence of the knight set is 10%
>>
>>336326073
those shortcuts were off my head and like i said i dislike the world design and yes I would have loved another connected firelink
>>
I hate all the throw backs to ds1 like andor londo for example just felt ham fisted and cheap.
>>
>>336326073
>Man this shit wasn't a problem when it was just Demon's Souls.
Yes, because Dark Souls 1 didn't come out and show how much more they can do with an interconnected world back then.
>Since when did DaS shortcut to merchants?
The elevator back to Firelink from Undead Parish doubles as a shortcut back to Andre AND the Carim guy. The sewer gate you open is a quick way to get to the undead woman. Firelink itself has NPCs you can get services from, which means that every time you get a shortcut back to it, it actually means something more than just a lame checkpoint.
>>
>>336326073
>Since when did DaS shortcut to merchants?
There's the aqueduct door near Firelink leading to the undead lady who sells moss
>>
>>336324490
Maybe borrow a friend's ps4 and actually give it a play before you say it bores you.
I agree that watching someone play it on YouTube for 15 mins is boring
>>
>>336327719
the game was not my thing, it had too little weapon variety and I didn't enjoy the setting, the whole world looked mostly the same.
>>
>>336324208
I agree OP

its still a good game even if i liked scholar and dks1 better
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.