[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSO:BB on Ephinea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 16
File: psobb.jpg (254 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
psobb.jpg
254 KB, 1280x1024
I just want to say thanks to the anons who recommended the Ephinea server last night.

I started playing PSO again, and I had more fun today than I have had in a very long time.
>>
What is this Ephinea?
Is it really fun?
>>
>>336319230

it's basically an oldschool vanilla server for pso. Does that appeal to you?
>>
>>336319359
how does it differ from schthack?
>>
File: rare.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>336318950
Happy for you OP, PSO was good times
>>
File: defaulthumanfemale.jpg (114 KB, 774x1080) Image search: [Google]
defaulthumanfemale.jpg
114 KB, 774x1080
>>336318950
Thank you for passing this on. I have been wanting to get back into PSO
>>
>>336319230
I had a good time. I only have a toaster right now, so my options for PC gaming have been limited. There was a thread about PSO last night and some anons recommended the Ephinea server.

PSO is a dated game, and a couple friends I've showed it to were really put off by it, so I think it's hard to recommend it to people that haven't played it already on DC,GC, PC or Xbox.

I mostly wanted something to spend a little time on every night, and the server has a hardcore mode.
>>
>>336319449

schthack had custom items/quests/alterations to a few existing items and an edited drop table.
>>
I wanna say we should start a Nostalgia club but I don't wanna but heads with the cancer of /pso2g/. I do wanna see more threads about phantasy star, be it online 1, 2, or in general though
>>
File: 92282845.jpg (126 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
92282845.jpg
126 KB, 576x576
>>336318950
I was in last nights thread. I'm glad you're having fun OP.
>>
>>336319571
Thanks. The music always takes me back. It has such a memorable soundtrack. I had such a good time with PSO on DC discovering new things about the game every time I played, and the hunt for rares. I got my first bank card when V2 came out so I could get a Hunter's License.

>>336319623
Nice. I had to find something to do and I'm glad I got back into it.

>>336319884
It'd be nice to be able to reach out to anons to play. When I was on there were about 50 people on with 20 parties going, but most of them were private.

>>336319893
Thanks. I'm glad too. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed some free time.
>>
Ever since schthack got erased, i lost all my drive to play or care about pso. I was playing on that server since 2008 and lost sooooooooooooooo much memories, items, and shit. I just cant restart it all again. Its a dead, dated game that i enjoyed for 15 or so years but its just to late now
>>
>>336321172
That's terrible. I've been through that with the DC, Gamecube, Xbox, and Sega's BB servers being taken down. I even played PSU on 360 and that fucking hurt too, waiting for content, then having it all taken away when it was starting to become a decent game.
>>
>>336321172
>tfw my PSOGC memory card got corrupted while playing retail @ level 160

yeah

it sucks, but pso is about the grind anyway lol
>>
>>336321409
I only played PSO on gamecube and the server going down was ok because i was able to still play offline. I played the fuck out of PSU though, more than PSO. I had like 7000 hours total in PSO and over 10 in PSU. I switched from 360 to JP PC in 2010 and never looked back. Was sad when both versions of PSU went down at nearly the same time, i expected the JP one to last way longer but sonic team said they did it to make server space for PSO2. Every year I try to get into PSO2 but i just cant do it.
>>
I loved PSO to the point of becoming a NEET because of it. Moved on and played Universe/Portable/Portable 2/Zero and I liked those. When PSO2 came out, it just wasn't the same... Story is okay.
>>
>>336319359
>>336319743
Thanks my dudes, looking into it now.
>>
>>336322017
iktfb
>>
>>336318950
I play on and off. Beem awhile. Might pop on soon now that you reminded me. Ephinea is great.

Never did Ep4. Shit is neat so far.
>>
>>336321710
Fuck I hate losing progress like that though. Spending time leveling a decent MAG and losing rare gear is devastating. I took a break from playing on DC when NOL and lobby PKs were starting out. I lost a save with a legit Spread Needle that broke my heart.

>>336321726
It's a shame there isn't a private server (unless I didn't look enough) for PSU. I mean the game had some problems when it first launched in the west, but after the expansion and more content came out, it was a really nice experience.

>>336322017
PSO was my life at launch. I don't ever hear good things about PSO2. Is it not worth getting into at all? I understand it play differently, and that's fine, but is it just a terrible version of something else?
>>
>>336322936
>NOLing

takes me back
>>
>>336323004
I that mome guy, he's a retard
>>
Kinda wanna play cause never did get thru the episode 4 stuff. Though man the grind is real.

I'd kill for a PSU privater server. Clementine is praticaly nothing.
>>
>>336322936
There is a private server in the works for PSU. There was the first one that was cancelled because of technical roadblocks, but out of the blue someone picked up the project again and has been making slow but steady progress on it. Last year the demo was available as a public beta and the team would sometimes add new stuff for players to test out and report. Its been taken down though for now. Realistically itll probably be at "official" levels of quality in 2018 and beyond, that is if it isnt cancelled. PSU clementine is the name

http://psu-clementine.net/
>>
>>336322936
PSO2 is "okay". Not on par with any of the previous Phantasy Star games. It became too focused on "collaborations" *COUGH*ADVERTISING*COUGH* and waifu pandering. It was sort of there in Universe and Portable, but it wasn't as bad as it is with PSO2. Again, the story is okay

time travel, fighting an alternate version of yourself, Dark Falz and the Profound Darkness are back as it is with all PS games, conspiracy and "the dark side" or whatever of the company you work for and how they do horrible stuff, etc. Then there was the anime, which I barely know about, but apparently in the future, ARKS makes contact with some alternate version of Earth where PSO2 is a game but it actually isn't because the game becomes real... or something...

I honestly prefer the old stuff though.
>>
i just started to replay pos on a gamecube emulator. should i play this instead?
will someone hold my hand through the caves because i fucking hate the caves
>>
>>336318950
From a realistic standpoint, is there any chance that there will be some kind of custom servers for PSP2? I have no idea how far modding can go, but is it even possible to do that with a PSP game?
>>
>>336323457
The advantage of gamecube was stuff wasn't serverside and you had splitscreen. Probably would be better to just go on a Ephinea with Blue Burst. The experience would likely be better, and you get EP4. Ep4 is nice.
>>
>>336323562
Can't you just use Adhoc party on the ps3? I think there's a means to use your computer like that as well.
>>
>>336323562
If you ever played it the official psp2 servers, there was definitely modders on the game. Some people had rainbow names and names with weird symbols. Some would 1hko mobs and bosses and just fly through challenge mode. Its definitely possible to some extent
>>
>>336323381
Fuck. I'd throw money at a PSU server.

>>336323432
I was really hyped when it was first announced it was in production, but I started to lose interest when it was announced as free to play.

That plot sounds messy, but if the gameplay is at least a little entertaining I'll have to check it out eventually. Fucking Sega. So many interesting IPs that they don't do shit with.
>>
>>336323457
Play this instead.
>>
>>336323712
I have no idea whether people still use Adhoc party, but that seems like a reasonable option that I will consider.
>>
>>336323628
fuck now i have to decide what character i want to make again.
any reccomendations? ive alwasy wanted to make a force but i've never been able to get over how ass they are in the beginning.
>>
>>336323742
Now that you mention it, I remember some guys that just got a shitload of EXP in no time as well, so you might not be far off on that assertion.
>>
>>336323776
Adhoc party is still around? If I still had a working PSP/could get an emulator that could run Phantasy Star Portable 2 properly/somehow get my Vita TV working with adhoc party, I'd be on that in an instant.
>>
>>336323873
The US PSN Store still seems to have it

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/adhoc-party/cid=UP9000-NPUA70069_00-ADHOCPARTY000000
>>
>Check out Ephinea website
>shows sever status
>43 on sever 1
>0 on the others.

I wanna say cause it's late night but damn that's sad.
>>
>>336323792
It's hard to recommend a Force. They get shit on so hard sometimes. I've wanted to play one too, but I just play RAmar.

Next hardcore character I make will be a FOmarl. I love the character design.
>>
>>336322936
>I understand it play differently, and that's fine, but is it just a terrible version of something else?
No. Love it or hate it, PSO2 is it's own thing. Very different from PSO or PSU. The story has recently jumped the space shark the the future is looking grim for hetrosexual fans of the franchise, but the gameplay is still fun and worth a look.
>>
>>336323792
Only for the first two levels. I wouldn't recommend if you are doing mostly solo though. They are for nuking not surviving.
>>
>>336323845
I dont know how to do it on PSP, but on the psp emulator on pc, its easy to set up a hack that gives you tons of exp per kill. Its useful for PSP2 Infinity because of the rebirth system
>>
>>336324062
Speaking of that, what the fuck did they do in EP4? Just came back after EP3 was announced and suddenly they have a Cryo-sleep angle with another loli in command.
>>
>>336324062
Thanks for the info, anon. One of these days I'll have an opportunity to play it, at least to give it a chance.
>>
>>336323945
I'm surprised, I thought the servers would have been taken down by now.

Though my problem is more along the lines of...
-No working PSP (random button presses and restarts despite full battery/being plugged in/being plugged in with battery/etc.)_
- Vita can't remote play with the PS3, so can't use it for Ad Hoc Party
- I don't think I can remote play with a PS3 using an emulator
>>
File: PSOBB_Ultima.png (1 MB, 1025x768) Image search: [Google]
PSOBB_Ultima.png
1 MB, 1025x768
>>336318950
>Ephinea

You chose poorly anon.
>>
I never played PSU. is it similar to portable ops?
>>
>>336324242
What does Ultima offer over Ephinea?
>>
>>336324228
Vita TV*
>>
>>336324263
More like Vanilla PSP.

>>336324228
Shit, might want to be careful with my PSP Go then.
>>
>>336324291
shit admins and cheats
>>
>>336324242
Current player count
Ephinea: 52
Ultima: 69

Not much of a difference either way.
>>
>>336324242
wait i just downloaded ephia should i reconsider?
>>
>>336324228
sounds like you might be able to replace some of the contact ribbons with the home bar and crap and your psp might fix

the psp I had i bought broken, but i just needed to swap a ribbon cable. lasted a good 2 years after that before the analog stick broke ;-;
>>
>>336324347
Isn't Ephinea a lot newer? There seems to be a lot of development for an old game.
>>
>>336324141
It's a reboot and contusion at the same time. The crying bit is so that new players don't have to worry about starting all the back at ep1.
>>
>>336324141
>suddenly they have a Cryo-sleep angle with another loli in command.
That stuff doesn't bother me at all. That's like the opening cutscene. It's what comes after that that is the problem. They've turned PSO2 story into a high school anime set on Earth. Bet you think I'm kiddin' don'cha. Even after reading that your worst expectations will fall short of the true horror.
>>
>>336324550
Continuation*
>>
>>336324579
>>336324550
So they transformed it to become canon with the Anime? Good thing I didnt play much of the story then, Jesus.
>>
Pso2 is fun but also very gay. It's pandering a lot to waifus and bad anime tastes but if you can ignore that, the actual gameplay is fun.
>>
>>336324702
there was an anime? wow

in any case no one plays pso for the plot, so doesnt really matter
>>
>>336324291

>higher exp/drop/rare monster rates
>has all of schthacks custom items and a bunch of originals
>has most of schthacks custom quests and other new ones for quality of life grinding
>huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue
>>
>>336324838
Yeah, thankfully. I have to admit, the Storyline in PSP and PSP2 is okay-ish. One of the few things that PSU did right, save for the gameplay.

>>336324769
Does EP4 come with new PA's for Forces? I remember wrecking shit easily with Namegid.
>>
>>336324579
It's not even the slice of life bs that kills the immersion it's to stupid premise of "DUDE PSO2 IS JUST A GAME AND IT'S COMING INTO THE REAL WORLD LMAO"
That's where the retardation comes from instead just having the fleet travel to earth and aid the inhabitants
>>
>>336321172
>schthack got erased
whaaaaaat the fuck
>>
ultima is garbage lmao
>>
>>336324702
The I see is one ep1-3 story is fine and still hold the spirit of galaxy defense force like the others, ep4 just tries to stealth ret con the previous episodes
>>
>>336324932
If you missed episode 3 there's compound techs that you can use after spamming some techs. Namegid still op but I think Fo moved on to spamming ra foie or ilbarta.
>>
>>336325176
The way I see it*
>>
>>336325018
Crono has to go down in history as one of the worst, stupidest, most incompetent owners of all time. Fuck that guy, seriously
>>
File: 1445240751276.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1445240751276.gif
13 KB, 633x758
I like this thread. I played a little of PSO but PSU was my jam for years. What classes did you guys play ? Gunmaster, Acrotecher, Fighgunner, and Protranser were the best
>>
>>336325494
Protranser reportan
>>
>>336325176
I only played up until episode 2 before being an on-and-off player. From what I've heard about EP4, it's not good. The idea of travelling to an alternate Earth seems like an idea with potential, but then "Look at this world where the world we exist in was just a game lol".

Haven't watched the anime, but has anyone played enough of ep4 or watched enough of the anime to know if the premise of "how horrifying it would actually be for sentient beings to actually exist in games and their lives actually depend on the players" comes up? Because I think that would actually be a decent idea, even if it is a little overdone.
>>
downloading ephinea, anybody going to be playing?
>>
>>336318950
I've never played PSO, but I did play PS Portable 1 and 2 on the PSP.

How similar are they?
>>
>>336325548
Good taste my man. Support was very satisfying to play in PSU, whether it be 41+ buffs and golden resta, or laying down freeze and stun traps so everyone could fuck up spawns at light speed
>>
File: 1445604626474.jpg (5 KB, 153x179) Image search: [Google]
1445604626474.jpg
5 KB, 153x179
>Sonic Team killed Sonic
>Sonic Team killed Phantasy Star

I wanna cry
>>
How do you beat the Knights of Coral quest?

I always get stuck in the mines, do you NEED a gun?
>>
>>336325725
I always had a knack for playing Supports and Buffing the Team like crazy and wiping waves of enemies out in a flash was one of the many things that I loved and continued to love even in PSO2
>>
>>336325727
>Sonic Team killed Phantasy Star
What the fuck are you talking about? PSP/PSP2/PS0 were great! and according to a five second google search, PSO2 was not worked on by Sonic Team.
>>
>>336325692
phantasy star online has slower more position based combat. No photon arts, but each race and sex in each class is very different.
>>
>>336325836
Me to and PSO2 caters to support well in groups, but everything in pso2 just feels so...weightless? I cant find the word for it. PSO and U felt a lot more grounded, especially when giving and taking hits. Also it was nice to see an aura go around players when they had buffs on, no idea why they took that out of pso2
>>
>playing psogc
>open /v/
>this thread
guess i'll play some more
>>
>>336325985
>Since 2009, the "Sonic Team" brand has diminished out of non-Sonic games, despite them being produced by former Sonic Team members or being made in the same CS2 department. Examples of this include ... Phantasy Star Online 2
>>
>>336326220
I know what you mean, just omitting simple effects like auras can throw you a little bit off. Gotta love many of the Magic Attacks themself though, Ilbarta, Ilmegid and Namegid along with Rafoie are fun to spam and if you do a raid with a lot of FO characters it's a beauty to watch all these attacks commingle together.
>>
>>336326487
Magic has never been better. PSU ever since the master classes came out, fos were great. PSP2 Fos sucked. Infinity fos were the best class. And PSO2 fos are the best class. It took a while and a lot of hoops but finally forces can hold their own in everything pretty much
>>
>>336326460
Former Sonic Team members... That explains a lot.

I mostly blame PSO2's f2p nature that killed it for me. I'd rather pay a subscription for a great game than play an okay game for free that has microtransactions. It took me a while to finally figure out that PSO2 is basically a f2p mobile game on PC with a budget.
>>
Despite the problems with PSO2.. i'd probably play it again and actually put effort into it if we got the fabled english servers.

Jumping throught he hoops a crap translation and that wonderful "you are a foreigner" feeling, just sin't worth it.

Seriously I want PSU back, double sabers were so damn fun there, as was melee in general.
>>
>>336326732
Long live FOs indeed. RAs are fun too, have no idea how Bouncers and...Beastmasters or whatever the new class is play like.
>>
>>336326732
If that's one thing PSO2 did right was making Rangers and Forces much more enjoyable to play. Melee was always fun and only got better but the other 2 archypes got fucked over for far too long.
>>
Neudaiz > Moatoob > Guardians Colony > Parum
>>
so how does one get into this, what do I need to start this shit?
>>
>>336327164
>download
>make account
>don't pick racaseal
>>
>All this PS2 shitposting

What happened? I remember people salivating over this game and being incredibly butthurt and jelly that it wasn't getting localized in the west. Did reality finally set it in? Did people realize that Sega wasn't interested in recreating PSO's greatness? Honestly, Sega should just make a Monster Hunter clone with a PSO setting slapped on. That's probably the only thing that could save the PSO series.
>>
>>336327272
I'm still butthurt that it's not localized desu

I played a bit on the JP client a few years ago but since the skills were not translated yet I just said fuck it
>>
>>336327272
As far as I can see, people are just slamming the stupid plot and retconn of EP4. The game itself and the core gameplay are as good as they have never been.
>>
>>336327164
Download the installer and make an account
Sign in to game from menu
Play
>>
>>336327435
nice, can I play with a xbox360 controller, or does it have to be played with a m&k?
>>
>>336327549
Some people prefer controllers, but due to the game being slower than newer counterparts, M&K work just as fine as the controller does.
>>
>>336327089
Not sure about beastmasters, but Bouncers are okay as long as you get the timing down and you have the right build.

Jet Boots: You need the right build otherwise your attacks are pretty shit. Being able to double jump (triple jump off enemies) is pretty nice. PAs consist of a lot off charges and kicks obviously, but you can change how the attacks work with the shift key. PA animations are long, so you need to get the timing right otherwise you'll get hit.

Dual Swords: Everything into strength and being able to use more swords for PAs. If you have the right build you can down bosses easily. PAs are good if you build up the meter to increase the amount of photon blades you have, but like jet boots, most of the useful PA animations are LONG, so you have to get the timing down.

>>336327272
>>336327379
Not trying to shit on PSO2, just doesn't make me feel the same excitement as the previous PS games. Also, it sort of is a Monster Hunter. A lot of the bosses seem like enemies that could be in a MH game.
>>
>>336326932
I don't get the problem with microtransactions when they're almost all just traps for compulsive spenders/gamblers. A normal player would only ever consider the inventory expansions and maybe an extra mag or two. Consider that the 'price of the game' and it's the cheapest PS ever.
>>
>>336327272
Reality set in once sega started makinghte game super weeaboo and the ei in with anime. Soon as the game connected to that "trapped in the game world anime" trobe everyone jumped ship.
>>
>>336327710
Monster Hunter is literally PSO.
>>
>>336327628
awesome, I was just looking for this kind of game

downloading right fucking now
>>
>>336327352
most of it's translated now on the patch, i'd still would rather it be localized
>>
>>336327730
I'm just salty about needing to play millions of meseta to not look like a complete pleb.

>>336327793
I'm retarded, meant to say "sort of is a MH clone".
>>
>>336327549
Are we talking about PSO:BB here? Best played with a controller. Keyboard control is awkward and mouse control is a joke.
PSO2 is the exact opposite, keyboard + mouse in the only way to go and a controller cripples you.
>>
>>336327874
This. I'd play the ever loving shit out of PSO2 if it weren't for the very slight language barrier.
>>
>>336327932
pay millions of meseta*

Jesus christ why can't I type today?
>>
>>336328040
pso:bb

most likekly I'll end up playing it with a controller
>>
>>336327379
>>336327741
this, like Ep4 and all it's introducing now aside from Yamato screams Sega would rather milk the japanese with every mobile scheme ever thought of implemented than localizing and getting more revenue and playerbase worldwide with no need to charge you for every thing like they are doing now
>>
>>336327874
>>336328043
>i need an inferior expeirence because i cant take a little gook xD

Its so easy to spot retarded kids who have never played one of these games. Just a bunch of failed weeaboos who want to play dress up but are to braindead, as per typical weeaboo, to even do that right. Everyone who actually cares about the series has already been playing the game for years satisfied, or tried it and determined it wasnt their thing. A bunch of shit would NEVER get localized, and the 100 english cucks who care about the game here will cry MUH CENSORSHIP WTF I WANNA PLAY ON JAP SERVERS

Same song and dance every time, you guys are massive retards
>>
>>336328043
not just that, I'm tired of tip toeing around japs to avoid needless drama
>>
>>336327874
same here, I was just too fucking hyped the other day when some guy told me it was translated, then he told me it was some kind of fan translation and said fuck it, I want the complete experience
>>
>>336328131
Might want to look up how the Dreamcast controls are before mapping your controller. The classic controls would work well on the Xbox contoller.
>>
>>336328256
here's your reply
>>
>>336328485
Right back at you, faggot. Im glad shitters like you will NEVER get to play pso2. If youre to retarded to download something that automatically translates everything vital to the game, then you dont deserve to play. Steam has ruined faggots like you sadly. Not that it matters, since youve clearly never played pso or psu in english and had to deal with worse server support

Anyway, have fun with nothing!
>>
>>336328256
Please guy you don't have to do that. I played PSO2 for about half a year and I could do just fine. Well no it took me forever to figure out how crafting and all the synthing shit worked but I did it, dress up came second. It just bugged me that half the things were english or sometimes the descriptions didn't load, just an inconvenience.
>>336328259
>tiptoeing around nips
I admittedly haven't played long but I never experienced any of that stigma outside the "private parties insulting gaijins in their titles" things. Then again, I didn't hang out at B1 and spaz out like a fucking retard like 90% of the english players I saw.
>>
>>336328425
I guess that's not going to be a problem since the controllers are pretty much the same
>>
>>336328256
you still got like a shit ton of people who haven't heard about the game nor the series so why would you not try and market to them, especially when alot of them fell for the Monster hunter and Xenoblade X meme? Have you seen how aggressive that marketing campaign is in japan? you do that kinda of marketing here and you will definitely get new people interested.
>>
>>336320898
Yeah the music still takes me back.
Must have felt pretty cool getting a bank card for that Hunter's License. It was similar for me to pay for other MMOs, but the Hunter's License for PSO sounded so damn... official.
>>
>>336328683
here's your reply
>>
Does Challenge Mode work on this server? It didn't on schthack and I don't think I've ever found any that bothered to make it work.
>>
>>336328885
You can create a normal or Hardcore Account during registration. If both feel old, you can do a Sandbox account in which you get more to the game's insides.
>>
>>336328770
There is a stigma against sega. PSO is literally the original console coop arpg and people think MH was what inspired PSO rather than the other way around. There is a smear campaign on sega, on the same level as media against donald trump. No one heard about the series with PSU. Or PSP. Or PSZero. Or PSP2.

At some point its not the companys fault, its the players for being fucking retarded. Their has been earnest efforts and the series has continued to give low sales. What works in japan doesnt always work in america, just in case you werent aware.

>>336328864
Aw, the little asshurt english babby is still asshurt. Poor guy, take a (You) right back
>>
>>336328967
hes talking about cmode, not account types

Cmode works from what I know about ephinea.
>>
>>336329045
Oh, my bad then.
>>
>>336329004
here's your reply
>>
>>336328160
All the crap sega does. And people think blizzard does some stupid shit.
>>
>>336329101
Stay mad (You)
>>
>>336329159
here's your reply
>>
>>336329045
Great, I'll have to give this thing a try then.
>>
>>336329187
Stay mad (You)

You know what the best part about english only fags is? Fucking reddit has no problems and doesnt complain about the jp only pso2. Then again, at this point, reddit is less casual than /v/
>>
>>336329261
here's your reply

>>336329194
yup. people talk about doing cmode in the lobbies and I see they have higher ranks, so it must work. been a long time since I did cmode on gc
>>
>>336329261
here's your reply
>>
>>336329004
>At some point its not the companys fault, its the players for being fucking retarded

oh wait your serious. let me laugh even harder.
>>
>>336327272
the game has an English patch and every one who was interested played it and realized it was shit? I played it for like 2 months straight. its super fun at first until you realize theres nothing really to do except grind EQ's for gear.
>>
>>336329493
>the customer is always right

lol
>>
>>336329497
>its super fun at first until you realize theres nothing really to do except grind EQ's for gear.
>grind
>gear

pso.txt

I assume that I would actually like that then, if the gameplay is good enough. I may try it again then.
>>
>>336329497
that's kinda the exact same shit you do in monster hunter yet no one bitches about it like they for Pso
>>
>>336329497
Then they should have played for the story. Sure, it's not great, but it was decent to me.
>>
>>336318950
Can you play it without joining parties?
>>
>kill the forest boss
>he crushes me in his death animation

FML
>>
>>336329261
here's your reply
>>
>>336329734
Basically Vol Dragon for me. I laughed out loud until I remembered how long it took me to fucking beat him.
>>
>>336329726
You can make a solo game in the lobby room.
Password protected or open for business.
>>
>>336329734
>Kills giant mech that you had to climb with friends
>Awesome battle where we had to take down the turrets to make the battle easier
>Cheering when we beat it
>Self destructs

FML too
>>
>>336329605
>company makes a bad decision
>blame the consumer for not eating it up

derp
>>
>>336329726
Yes, you can. If you're a vet, you probably know the grind by now.

There's no reason to not join a party if they're spamming TTF or something, though. No one really expects you to be social if you're going for that at least.
>>
File: 1404694283357.gif (525 KB, 441x300) Image search: [Google]
1404694283357.gif
525 KB, 441x300
>>336329605
>the company has the right to blame the players when they half ass the presentation and debut
>>
>>336329606
I guess you're right. I dunno maybe I got too old for the grind. Although I think rather run the same 4 dungeons over and over then wait for the right EQ for the gear I need. I dunno.
>>
>>336329905
>company continues to localize games
>they gradually sell less and have lower player bases
>this translates to meaning they should bring more

Let me guess, you think 20k english sales justifies bringing yakuza games over too
>>
>>336330094
those keep happening even if we don't want them too
>>
Any of you fags getting into OP's server want to get together?
>>
>>336330017
PSO:BB does allow you to choose your grind, that's at least a given.

I'd probably lose it doing the same shit over and over too though...
>>
>>336330253
Sure, haven't made an account, and probably can't play for another 15-16 hours though.
>>
>>336330253
I just made an account, but it's kinda late for me to play here, maybe I'll do it tomorrow

if you fags make another thread I'll play with you
>>
I love these threads, its the same shit every time

>look guys im a huge pso fan! pso was my life back then!
>we should all join a server and play guys! itll be great just like the old days...
>theres always a humar or hucast, some waifu faggot who made a racaseal, and a fonewm or fonewearl
>everyone sucks ass
>once everyone is level 30 or 40 they stop playing

zzz
>>
File: Avabel20160410054800.png (3 MB, 1794x1080) Image search: [Google]
Avabel20160410054800.png
3 MB, 1794x1080
Will it run well on a shitty laptop?
How does it play on a laptop?
Does it have controller support?
>>
File: having fun prohibited.jpg (80 KB, 600x280) Image search: [Google]
having fun prohibited.jpg
80 KB, 600x280
>>336330428
>>
>>336330464
good
good
yes
>>
>>336330428
This >>336330528

I just like playing as whatever I want, I never cared about being good, just having fun with whatever I picked.
>>
>>336330528
Didnt say that, but ive been in enough of these threads to realize the same events transpire every time.
>>
>>336330464
It'll run but you might have issues in boss battles.
Mouse and keyboard, f keys for menu, arrow keys for attacks, wasd for movement.
You can set-up a controller, sure
>>
Just made an account on OP's server. made a normal one because it's been a while since I played, can't remember a lot as a result, I suck shit at video games so I'd die if I tried higher level stuff now, and I want to see if I can get that feeling of excitement from when I first played PSO.
>>
>>336330094
>>company continues to localize games
>only localizes their shit mainstream series
>>ignores consumer requests for popular game translation
>somehow this is the players fault for not buying the bad games they shit out

At this point everyone is tried of stuff like sonic. It's bad. It's not going to recover. There was a lot of asking for PSO2 english, there was a lot of asking for Valkyria chronciles 2 and 3 orignally.

Case in point
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/six-year-old-rpg-valkyria-chronicles-tops-steam-sellers-list/0141295

The original sold very well when ported to PC because the original was translated into english and on the Ps3 which was popular at the time as well.

Putting game 2 and 3 on handheld was among rather stupid condicering how well the ps3 versoin did. And you want to blame players because sega made a bad decision on switchin the plathform AND not trasnlating the 2nd/3rd games?

Clearly SEGA has made some very stupid decisions. It's not the players who are to blame.
>>
>>336330695
It depends on the level of toaster. Also, if it lags he can disable advanced effect and change the fog to vertex or emulated. I usually immediately change the fog to vertex on every system I run.

>>336330795
Most people run normal accounts anyway.
>>
>>336330428
In reality PSO was a ton of fun back in the day. It's beyond dated now. I don't want to replay PSO. PSU is still tolerable because melee combat was fun as hell.

We'd all play PSO2 if it was brought over and it didn't fall to the "trapped in an online game" trope.
>>
>>336330464
It was originally a Dreamcast game. It will run on a toaster and is obviously designed around a controller.
>>
>>336330986
Literally this
>>
>>336330986
>"trapped in an online game"
Is that what happened in the anime?
>>
>>336331190
it's not 100% exact but it's what happened with episode 4 in game and then they fucked with stuff to tie the anime into the theme as well.
>>
>>336331190
It's the opposite which is even dumber,see >>336324954
>>
>>336330838
Funny you say that, since any given sonic game is guaranteed to make more money than localizing and hosting an english PS game. VC1 had lukewarm ps3 sales and japanese companies want to cater to their playerbase first and foremost, especially sega since their rep is way better and iconic there. This results in VC2 being on psp, which is way more popular than ps3 in japan and the new setting.

Btw, VC2 was on psp with a solid localization and the dlc was even brought over. You wanna know why VC3 wasnt? Because VC2 and all psp game sales dried up completely in 2010 thanks to piracy and the console being at the end of its life in the americas. VC3 got a fan made english patch that covers the core game and everything you need to know. Let me guess; thats not enough for you either. It needs to be official otherwise it doesnt exist in your worldview. Sega made some dumb decisions but they are not entirely at fault. The fan base being fucking hyprocritical, over reacting retards plays a part of it too.

>>336330986
Whats stopping you now? Or do you actually want the version that will be censored, lower playerbase, worse economy, months or years behind in updates, and not everything will be brought over? If you ever played PS on the english server, you were a second class customer to begin with. So you should grab your big boy pants and go through that very triggering, difficult, 5 hiragana captcha required to make an account and play. Really, what IS stopping you? Nothing stops me, or pso2g, or reddit, or psow, or anyone who is actually a fan of the series from playing PSO2...so what stops you?
>>
>>336324242
>playing on faggoty pay2win servers

Might as well kill yourself desu senpai.
>>
File: Keikaku doori Crusty.png (726 KB, 1278x718) Image search: [Google]
Keikaku doori Crusty.png
726 KB, 1278x718
>>336330586
>>336330695
>>336331079
Great if it does run well i'll quit Avabel for it, it was between this and Onigiri but Onigiri doesn't run very well.

This is Onigiri:
http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/

Have you guys heard about this?
http://www.coldbird.net/fragment/
>>
>>336319449
You cant hack on ephinea without being caught eventually unlike scht, there's still custom quests, has tons of custom commands/gamemodes, and some neat as fuck events.
>>
>>336331379
We are like third class customers in jap servers to begin with. And Sega's localizing team isn't bs like Nintendo's or else we wouldn't be getting Yakuza games at all
>>
>>336331628
>http://www.coldbird.net/fragment/
Holy shit, the last time I checked on this, they hadn't updated in a while, so I thought it was dead.

Played Onigiri, it seems like a laggier, somewhat worse, open world PSO2. Not bad per se (Only played ~3 hours or something with friends, so I can't really judge it that much), but I can't say that I enjoyed it.
>>
>>336331628
that onigiri stuff seems kinda meh

that aside, who's also waiting for the release of god eater 2 on steam?
>>
File: pso_nnn.jpg (2 MB, 4923x3406) Image search: [Google]
pso_nnn.jpg
2 MB, 4923x3406
PSO is probably my favorite game of all time but I'm at the point where I've gone through Normal-Hard so many times and raised so many dozens of Mags I just can't do it any more.
>>
>>336332014
I WANT to get GE2 on steam, but all my friends are console players, so I'm getting it on PS4.
>>
>>336331715
Dude thats the thing. The other guy is right. It is so completely obvious with how some of you have never played pso or psu before and pso2 is your first game in the series. PSO english had billing problems out the ass, missing items, events, and general content. PSU was the same thing, PC/PS2 had tons of billing problems after MAG, and were literally years behind the japanese server in terms of updates. There were tons of cross over promotional events in PSU, similar to PSO2, that PSU 360 never got because of licensing or western players just dont understand the culture.

PSO2 would be the EXACT same. Its better to have an english patch on the jap server that translates what is essential to the game than have an english server that is years behind on updates with a way smaller playerbase. You WILL be a third class customer either way, but its better to be one on the server that is fully updated and maintained rather than the one with edited and delayed content.

Holy fuck. It is SO easy to setup PSO2 it boggles my mind on why people complain about it. Japs do not give a fuck about you and some are even more casual than english players. As long as you dont act like a disrespectful shithead in the lobbies like...70% of english players do in lobby 20, there will be no problems. I know this from years of playing pso2 with a small group of friends who were actually dedicated enough fans to play JP PSO2. You know why we stopped playing? Not because being on japanese servers, feeling like outsiders, whatever...we stopped because the game sucks, realistically, after a few months of play. End game takes no time at all to reach and the end game content is grinding out stones that you trade in for 13* weapons during specially timed emergency quest events that are live during odd hours for english players. We instead play PSP2 infinity (which is entirely in japanese, !!!!) and are awaiting PSU to come back up and play PSO on the side too. PSO2 is the worst PS
>>
>>336332098
I'm waiting for that to drop so badly, they need to post a relase date already for fucks sake
>>
>>336332194
June 28 for GER
August 30 for GE2RB which comes with GER for free.
>>
File: 313087956.webm (451 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
313087956.webm
451 KB, 480x480
I'm kinda contemplating starting a new character on this server.

I was really enjoying the Ultima server until I hit that Ultimate stonewall. Enemies are so ridiculously overtuned that it kinda forces players to donate in order to obtain good gear that can put a dent in the enemies you face.

I'm assuming the XP rate is 1x on this server? I wouldn't mind personally, just as long as Ultimate isn't ridiculously tough like it is on Ultima.
>>
>>336332172
>Japs do not give a fuck about you and some are even more casual than english players.

I got banned for doing average DPS as a full support TE/FO. Nips are not casuals.
>>
File: pso2ni.jpg (190 KB, 1029x574) Image search: [Google]
pso2ni.jpg
190 KB, 1029x574
>>336332172
This this this... Anyone who played any English segregated servers of PSO or PSU before would have given anything just to be able to go on the Japanese servers... And now people complain that entering a capcha with Japanese characters is too hard, or they're afraid they'll be banned even though 99.9999% of the English players have never been banned.

God damn there's even a program you can download that auto-applies the patch and sets up a VPN for you (though I don't even think the game needs a VPN right now). Man the fuck up and just play if you want to.
>>
>>336331928
I would love fragment to happen but i don't think these guys will, they're relying on donations and they're not getting any.
It may never happen sadly.
>>
>>336332318
damn that's gonna take a while, well it gives me time to play PSO until then
>>
>>336331379
>Whats stopping you now?

half-assed translation, horrible ping, and all the anime tie in crap. I liked PSO/PSU fopr the sci-fi stuff. I jumped throughthe hoops originally to play it.

Heck I imported PSU to play it originally and managed to play for a while because I had a fluent friend playing with me.

Now, it's not worth it. Translation will never be good enough. Not to mention needing to go through a 3rd party to acess the cash shop. Why should I continue to support a company that doesn't want me to play their games or want my money?

And no, you don't take the effort to go play it. Otherwise you would be. The english playerbase has dropped significantly over time and that's a fact.

When game quality declines, so does the playerbase. All you gotta do is look at WoW for an example of that.
>>
>>336330253
We can do this. They have a forum that we can use inbetween plays.
>>
File: stoned cat.png (175 KB, 347x395) Image search: [Google]
stoned cat.png
175 KB, 347x395
>>336319230
SINCE SOMEONE from the server is obviously shilling like a faggot here and you asked. I'll take the hit and list some features.

-Custom quests including ones specifically for events
-Events include time attack so GITTING GUD IS actually rewarded
-active TA community
-Different game modes including a PSO2 mode where everyone gets their own drops, purist mode and sandbox mode for ppl who dont want to play legitimately
-Custom ID/name changing (before level 20, so you're not stuck with 1 name/section id)
-With music on Rares play a sound when they drop
-Rares display as red dots on the mini map and the area map in your item pack
-actively patched and monitored
-Vanilla so no broken shit
-Killcount incentives, meaning if the server fullfills killcounts compared to the last week we get rewarded with boosted rates
-Hunters boost road (completing a line of quests boosts drops, and the more you do it the more the drops get boosted for that line of quests)
-NO PAY2WIN bullshit like Ultima

Ok ready to reset router now, just answering questions will prolly be seen as a shill
>>
>>336331379
>any given sonic game is guaranteed to make more money than localizing and hosting an english PS game.

Brand name sells. That's how mario works. That's how fucking clothes and cars work.

Doesn't make any of them good. Sonic sells by it's name but the games have been horrible for quite a long time. The money the pump into it is pretty sad condicering they'd make more releasing games peole actually want WHEN they want them.

Waiting years afterwards to do so, when no one cares, is the companies fault. The fanbase reacts to what the company does. Not the other way around.

"You think you do, but you don't." Look at blizzard and the shitstorm they've created. Look at how well WoD has done because of their retarted ideas that the community told them was bad.

It's very clear when a company does somethign wrong, blaming the players does not work.
>>
>>336332751
active cmode*

my bad, the TA'ers are inactive at the moment.
>>
How's Ranger and Gunner in PSO2?
>>
>>336332337
Thats funny because i was leveling up te/gu at the same time, using tmg and never had a problem with japs. Pretty sure they dont mind if one guy is a weak link since theyll have good shifta and deband and zondeel. You are like...the 5% who got banned. Sorry man. If you make yourself obvious with stupid shit like gay hentai symbols and autismal autowords, youre just painting a target on your self. If you didnt do that, then im sorry for your bad luck.

Some gooks are casuals for real. There have been times where i was top score on mining base defenses, beating out gook forces. As a cast force with average 11* stuff.

>>336332406
Thank you, fuck for years the sentiment was people saying, "if only there was some type of english patch for japanese pso/psu...I would so be on that instead". But of course the newfags would never know things like that, so us longtime vets have to spoonfeed them this shit and then they call us trolls or baiters for it. Fucking retards man. The tweaker does indeed literally handle everything for you.

>>336332518
Sounds like a lot of your problem is with the game itself. Ping and translation is on you for being retarded and having bad internet sadly. You dont need a 3rd party either. All you do is download bluestacks, pso2es, link accounts, and buy stuff from the ac shop that way. Google pay comes up and they take US visas. No one is begging you to support them, its just retarded of you to complain that its as simple as its ever been and yet complain its not enough.

I did play the game and I agree it is nowhere near as good as pso or psu. Thats why my group plays PSP2 Infinity while waiting for PSU Clementine and with PSO on the side every now and then. If the game sucks in japanese, you think it being in english would make it better? Lets try to be realistic here man
>>
>>336332518
>anime tie in crap
This is hardly a fucking complaint, unless you're talking about Episode 4 being fucking retarded. Unless you're a bona-fide /a/utist, you'll hardly recognize any of it. And even if you do, the worst you'll see is a few people running around wearing Fate/Stay outfits, which are so fucking expensive at this point that hardly anyone can afford them. The only thing I'd consider actually detrimental in terms of the tie-in content is the Yuru Yuri shit with the fucking annoying lobby action, but unless you fucking watch the show yourself you won't recognize the outfits.
>>
I still think PSO1 is the better game, but I'm honestly baffled by how much PSO2 is hated. It seems like a lot of the things people complain about were just as bad in PSO in a different way, for example:

>Endgame sucks
PSO1 had no endgame
>>
>>336332851
Ranger: Boring but practical. Weak bullet + skill that makes your crits hit harder + skill that makes your PAs use less PP when you have a special bullet (weak bullet) loaded + skill that replenishes PP when using traps + gravity & stun grenade for pretty much infinite PP = you will down bosses pretty quickly, especially if you are in a party.

Gunner: Never really played it that much, but you build up chains so your PAs do more damage while doing stylish gun kata out of Equilibrium. Okay class, but I miss the dual guns from the previous games, being able to move and shoot without having to spam the dodge button.
>>
File: PSO2cafe.jpg (259 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
PSO2cafe.jpg
259 KB, 1536x2048
>>336323432
>Not liking Collaborations
>Not going to the PSO2 Cafe to get item codes
I actually like this kind of shit. Yes it's advertising but PSO had the exact same shit...

The Yahoo/AOL Cup for example.
>>
>>336332406
If they were fully aware of the problems like content segregation they would have never been sure enough to even try localizing it again like the said they plans to do 6 years ago. I know this is Sega but I can't possibly see them making that exact same mistake with content that's just absurd. I have been playing on jap servers for a good year and half, played psp and Psp2 and had a blast. I still want localization so I can have and easier time getting my friends back in to phantasy star, Pso2 is the best gateway to do it but shit like going through jap capchas, keeping their Pc in shape to play, these are all turn offs to them and anyone who been tempted to play but really want to do so on a console because it's easier to access and more reliable, how can you not understand where people are coming from about this?
>>
>>336332335
>I'm assuming the XP rate is 1x on this server?
Usually. Sometimes there are exp boosts for seasonal stuff.
>>
>>336332990
>Ping and translation is on you for being retarded and having bad internet sadly

I'm sorry but it's not fault japan land has crap connections. I can play anything in my county without a problem. Sometimes it IS the game's connection, not your IP.

>You dont need a 3rd party either
>All you do is download bluestacks, pso2es, link accounts, and buy stuff from the ac shop that way.

So you say it doesn't need 3rd party then list something 3rd party. Stop being a fucking moron.

> its just retarded of you to complain that its as simple as its ever been and yet complain its not enough.

If they want my money then they will make it convenient for me to acess the game ina language I understand. this is why games get translated in the first place. this is why systems like steam flourish.

Convience is king. While jumping through the hoops isn't neccesaryly hard, it's still extra steps that wouldn't be needed. Espically when SEGa could throw down a minor amount of money to buy the fan english translation and then finish it off properly.

I'm sorry you keep shilling for a crap company. You might want to go work for someplace with a bit of integrity.
>>
>>336333382
No I really don't. Its easier to set up and run Japanese PSO2 than it is most English PC games before Steam existed. I used to run the game on my 2007 business laptop with integrated graphics and 2GB of RAM. You only need the bare minimum of computer knowledge to get going.

Hell, it's probably harder to connect to a PSO1 private server than to set up PSO2
>>
>>336332851
Ranger's definitely one of the better classes in the game, if not one of the best.
>>
>>336332998
>episode 4 and anime tie in compeltly change the game's plot and setting
>hardly a fucking complaint

go fuck yourself. I'm not going to support shit fanfiction because they want to hop on the SAO bandwagon.

The ending to the anime based on a dance event (a very japanes dance and nothing to do with PS series) in game they did. So don't even for a second try to fucking rebuke the fact they aren't trying to tie in every shitty thing they can. It's called pandering.
>>
>>336333590
>sega's own mobile game for pso2 which is directly tied to your actual pso2 account
>third party
>>
>>336333590
I REALLY don't want to get into your argument but...
>"If they want my money then they will make it convenient for me to acess the game ina language I understand. this is why games get translated in the first place. this is why systems like steam flourish."

I actually play a mobile game called Granblue Fantasy right now and the Japanese devs actually did something smart. They knew that they had a sizable western fanbase, so instead of porting the game over, they actually put in an English option in the settings. This way, western players could play in English and keep their stuff while the game could gain a larger audience from English speakers. If Sega actually did something like that, I think people MIGHT complain less and it MIGHT solve this problem people have with "not wanting to play a non-localized Japanese version".
>>
>>336333685
You only just need to download onto your ps4 from psn, and that would be way easier if the we're to localize it.
>>
>>336333590
Then why have my friends and i had no connection problems with the game, barring problems where all players were affected and there were actual issues at sega? Surprise, theres even a japanese proxy thats built into the tweaker and that could give you better connections.

PSO2es is an official mobile app from sega. Im not kidding on how easy this is either. You link your account, press the big red AC SHOP button, buy some, and input your american visa and thats all.

Convenience is key but the "problems" retards have with pso2 arent hoops. Theyre more like little bumps on the ground you have to put an extra ounce of effort in to walk over. There is even a fucking chrome add on that translates the entire account making process and captcha table for you. If the player is to retarded to this, whos to say they really even deserve the game? Would having to do a captcha in english and go out of your way to buy AC in the english version trigger you to? Again, no one is begging you for paltry money, you just seem so hung up on the fact that you want to spend money but cant on this game because of some mental blockade.

Whatever man. Like ive said countless times already, PSO2 sucks. You will get bored of the game after your main and subclass hit 75, you do all the EQs, upgrade your gear and, ...
>>
>>336332060
>you will never smell FOnewearl ass
Such a shame.
>>
>>336334423
Smells like photons.
>>
>>336334740
I would love to PSE Burst inside it.
>>
What about FFXI? What's the best private server?
http://nasomi.com/
>>
>>336335503
Quick Question, do Private Servers for XI cost money?
>>
>>336335607
Some guy who ran one started selling some bullshit to make you super strong and it turned out to not even work.
But no, it's supposed to be free.
>>
>>336335746
Sounds fantastic, does it only include Vanilla Core or some expansions? Sorry if I ask too much, but I really heard good stuff about XI.
>>
>>336335607
Of course not, you silly sod!
>>
>>336336054
Well i'm up there with you since i don't know a lot about the game and i would like to play it too.
Vanilla and some expansions depending on the server.
I want to join this one but the server is too dead, 6 people now and 83 is it's peak so i don't know.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.