[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Guns actually jam and lock up on you >Needing to pull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 18
File: Far_Cry_2_cover_art.jpg (68 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_2_cover_art.jpg
68 KB, 256x325
>Guns actually jam and lock up on you
>Needing to pull out bullets just to heal
>Getting hit with malaria every 20 seconds in combat

This is without a doubt the STUPIDEST thing I've ever seen in a fictional VIDEO GAME.

FICTIONAL.

Keep the goddamn realism out of gaming. It does nothing but harm and is detrimental to the player. Auto-gen Health and instant gratification exist for a reason, because games like this were annoying and tedious as hell.

AND THIS ON EASY MODE.
>>
>>336316328

I've always hated weapon durability. In dying light it worked well however. So I think it's just up to the game balancing to get it right.
>>
The only issues with the game was the malaria and guard tower / enemy respawns.

Weapon jams belonged in the game because it's fiction based on reality. You get to have (somewhat of) a realistic adventure. When your gun jams there's instant tension and panic. It's an alright gameplay element. Stop swimming with your weapons equipped you tard.

I still can't figure out how it managed to look so good on consoles.
>>
>>336316328
bait
>>
>>336316667
This

It's my favourite FarCry game. The latter two numbered entries and Primal are too much like wannabe RPGs than open world shooters.
>>
>>336316667
FC2 had a bunch of issues, not just those 2.

The weapon jamming wouldn't be so annoying if it happened much less often.

There was no reason for even new guns to be that shitty.
>>
The only people who actually like Far Cry 1 and 2 are hipster contrarians.
>>
>>336316667
"Realism" doesnt mean Deter the player.

Its fine to be realistic, but don't go and make it a chore for people to enjoy the game because of lifes tediums. The point of a videogame is to be a way to ESCAPE those tedious moments in life, Why the hell would I want to emulate them in virtual space?

Thats like asking me to sit ina videogame when I do it in real life. I don't want to sit, I want to fly, I want to do impossible things in vidya, not the same things I can do in life.

>>336316838
Nice, howabout an actual contribution to the thread there sport?
>>
>>336316328
My only gripe was respawning guards. Literally drive into outpost, kill guards, walk 20 feet out of camp.

"Shit. Wrong way"

Turn around and the guards have respawned AND have been chasing you.
>>
>>336317072
This is also a gripe. I'm getting so paranoid i keep turning around to see if they're tailing me and end up driving off a cliff/into a riverbed.

And running is by far the worst sprint I've ever encountered, what is this Run for 5 seconds and get instantly tired nonsense? Any human being even the fatest american can run a good minute before exhaustion hooks in.

ESPECIALLY if they're being shot at.
>>
>>336316965
>The weapon jamming wouldn't be so annoying if it happened much less often

I can't recall many more issues. The self healing was stupid at time and the game had no colour. Meanwhile the AI was fantastic and so were the graphics.

Also, you do understand the weapons had durability? If you swim with them, just spray and pray, generally misuse them then they will jam more? Also it's fucking Africa, you expect them to have decent weapons and taken care of properly?

This was encouraging you to use what you find and cycle through different weapons, at the same time it added suspense elements to combat. The stealth was a bit crap too till the stealth suit, but you could argue it was realistic except for the telepathic enemies.
>>
I didn't like the fact that stealth wasn't viable. Even with the stealth suit, enemies would know your location immediately.

Other than that, I love FC2. Weapon degradation never affected me because I would swap them out after every mission. Malaria sucked, but I always had time to complete my current mission before I had to do those dumb side missions.
>>
>>336317072
>>336317186
better than FC3 where the whole map turns into a ghost town
>>
OKAY

Let me also add..

The African natives in the game are very, VERY rude.

I'm simply walking down the road and these people try to run me over with their car, TWICE. I don't even have my gun out NOR do I pose a threat, is this just a buggy AI?because this has happened TWICE now.
>>
File: fd4d.jpg (6 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
fd4d.jpg
6 KB, 236x214
>>336317016
You're arguing subjectivity. People want realism in a game because it will bring them a realistic experience they will never have. Why do you think people watch realistic movies? Would you argue that Tarantino or Renoir made shitty movies because they were based on scenarios within the realms of possibility or because there was a reflection upon reality?

I do agree that realism has to mach gameplay, it is a game after all. The jamming system in FC2 was nothing to complain about at all. If it gets jammed all the time then you should have considered picking up a weapon or getting a new one from your safe-house. What purpose did this have? To add variety, challenge and tension to the gameplay, which are all important elements.
>>
>>336317581
No. Guards at road blocks shouldn't fucking respawn. It makes driving those huge distances even more tedious.
>>
>>336317658
FarCry 2 IS the most realistic game in the series...
>>
>>336316328
More like every 40-ish minutes. Which is fine. I mean, it really amounted to pressing X to gobble some instantly working pills. I didn't mind it at all.

Shame about repetitiveness, though. Original Far Cry was (and still is) the best, Ubisoft can't make a good FPS if their lives depended on it.
>>
>>336316328
Farcry 2 sucks cancerous donkey balls. Anyone who likes it should have a rake shoved up their ass.
>>
>>336318027
k
>>
>>336317745
/v/ is just retarded and casual and will bitch about any weapon degradation, system shock, fc2, fallout, etc because apparently all games are supposed to be serious sam
>>
>>336318284
Serious Sam on Serious is harder than any of those games so I'm not sure I'd call its fans "casuals".
>>
>on my way to a mission
>traveling on foot and off the beaten path to avoid checkpoints
>get to a river with some enemies guarding the place
>could just swim along the river to easily avoid detection
>remember that guns degrade faster the more time you spend in water
>stay on land and take a route closer to enemies, having to take a more challenging approach to sneak past succesfully

Far Cry 2 is a good game
>>
>>336318380
>missing the point intentionally
>>
>>336318573
Didn't the weapons only degrade if you had them selected when entering water?
>>
>>336318697
The more you use them, the more they degrade.
>>
Okay, shot like 2 of my partners, The white hair guy and the elvis dude, and I think I'm done. I don't feel like running half across the map past these impossible guards again just for another mission.
>>
>>336319315
Get dylans mod.
Rebalances enemy spawn and gun degradation rates. Tweaks awareness a bit too so stealth kinda works.
>>
Fuck you OP and fuck your Pea Princess mentality. FC2 is a damn good classic. Africa is literally the cradle of modern mercenary, not to mention an under used continent in video games. Weapons jam in real life too and more often than you could imagine over prolong use and 0 maintenance in a dusty area as Africa. Best adaptation of Blood Diamond I've ever seen.
>>
>>336319315
it's 1 grenade to blow up an enemy jeep
>>
>>336319315
You are still on the 1st map! You get a set of new buddies on the 2nd map anyway.
>>
It's amazing how a western AAA publisher managed to make this game, it's like they didn't use focus groups for once.
>>
>>336319972
Also walking around can sometimes get you a new buddy.
I pulled that indian bloke out of a plane wreck.
>>
>it's a "normie is mad when a game doesnt hold his hand" episode on /v/

and people wonder why blizzard were hesitant putting in a fov slider in overwatch for fear of people not finding it in the option menu. OP is the reason. complete fucking retards has shit up this hobby

FUCK neo-/v/
>>
>>336319673
Its PS3, not PC

>>336319681
>Underused

I was bored of it by MGSV. Africa is a boring place when theres nothing out there. Its all savahnah and wetlands.

>>336319801
assuming it stays still, sure.

>>336319972
Mrrggg.. fine, I'll keep on for a bit longer. Is the second map at least a LITTLE more interesting then basic africa?
>>
2 was easily the best game in the series and watching it turn into a casual filter is all the better.
>>
File: 1366815619369.jpg (759 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1366815619369.jpg
759 KB, 2560x1600
>>336320168
>PS3
>>
>>336319801
Assault Truck with a grenade launcher. Not even heavily fortified checkpoints can stand up to this. Every time I ride and see someone drive up its "C" and switch to gunner position and blow the shit out of any technical on the way.
>>336320090
I got the French chick from there. I didn't even notice her before I passed her with my buggy and heard her cry for help. She was cool.
>>
>>336320259
>2 was easily the best game in the series
>calling other people casuals
>>
>>336316328
I never really had a problem with the malaria thing. It's the gun jamming that was bullshit.
>>
>>336320294
>didn't notice the plane fly overhead and BTFU
>>
>>336320168
>can't aim with your shitty controller
>can't mod with your shitty ps3
this explains everything
>>
>>336320340
>It's the gun jamming that was bullshit.
How do you even experience it? You know that you can get free completely new copies of every gun you bought at every gun shop?
>>
>>336320168
>Mrrggg.. fine, I'll keep on for a bit longer. Is the second map at least a LITTLE more interesting then basic africa?

Its more water.
>>
File: CY8awVFVAAExhMu.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CY8awVFVAAExhMu.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
>>336316328
Only played on consoles as I was a poor collegefag at time of release. Does the PC version have mods that eliminate respawn guard towers? I can live with the rest.
>>
>>336320340
Yeah, it's like a 5 minute fetch quest, do it whenever it comes up and you will never run out of pills - and the more times you do it the healthier you get so those hazy events become more sporadic. until map 2
>>
>>336320437
Yeah, but having to get to a gun shop from wherever I was could get pretty annoying at times. And even with the upgrades it felt like they went to shit way too quickly.
>>
>>336320294
>She was cool.
Michele was just using you to save 'muh refugees'
>>
>>336320271
>>336320393

A. I don't game on PC.
B. Its the Compilation pack, so its got 3 and Blood dragon too.
C. I got it for free, FPS isnt my forte but I'm willing to give ti a shot.
>>
>>336320598
They're located next to most places that give you missions. Though I agree that going to a bar to get a mission was annoying.
>>
>>336320357
I was too busy trying to not wreck my paper buggy and keeping eye on the GPS for nearby diamond stashes.
>>
>>336316328
if a gun jammed that quickly its entire concept would have been scrapped before it was ever manufactured

>cant hit shit 10 feet away from you
>enemies are bulletsponges
>flora doesnt conceal your presence like crysis
>the same area copied 50 times with long boring roads in between
>boring as fuck story with some extremely cheesy allies that are just a pain in the ass

worst game ive ever played

even instincts was funner than this shit
>>
>>336316328
>fictional VIDEO GAME

So me playing it was all a dream?
>>
>>336320598
So take a kalash instead of a flimsy western dirtcatcher. The guns mostly work the same until you unlock the insane ones anyway.
>>
>>336320746
Nigga if you wanna be like that loading a musket is far more involved than clearing a jam on a modern automatic.
>>
>>336320620
So? I mean we were fucking over the country might as well try to do something good. But fuck church I die with my brothers and sisters in arms.
>>
>>336316328
>Auto-gen Health and instant gratification exist for a reason
and the reason is audience is casuals.
>>
>>336316328
>>Getting hit with malaria every 20 seconds in combat
TACTICAL MOSQUITO DODGING ACTION
>>
>>336316328
I loved this, it always hilarious. If you really hate it, there's secret gold weapons you can find that don't wear.

Only when you have next to zero health

Now you're just being hyperbolic, malaria is so rare I don't know if I ever got hit with it during combat, and if I did, it took all of two seconds to get rid of.
>>
>>336316328
I had more fun with Far Cry 2 than any other Far Cry game.
>>
>>336320746
>>cant hit shit 10 feet away from you
That ain't Stalker, guns are really accurate in FC2. A silent Makarov is a sniper rifle, just aim for the head and you're gonna wreck dudes.
>>
>>336320168
Even if you're on Intel integrated you should be able to run FarCry2 on your pc
>>
>>336317287
>Also it's fucking Africa, you expect them to have decent weapons and taken care of properly?

Like half of the enemies were white mercenaries who undoubtedly served in Rhodesia and South Africa. You think Executive Outcomes didn't supply their employees with working guns?
>>
>>336321045
>Now you're just being hyperbolic

>Spend half an hour running to location on foot because assholes shot the only car on the route down
>Finally get there
>Fire fight
>low on health
>Try to heal
>Malaria kicks in
>Getting shot at
>Player has to have his near death experience animation for 7 seconds while I'm getting shot at from all angles
>Finally subsides
>Try to pull bullet out of leg
>Die
>Now have to spend ANOTHER HALF HOUR to get back to that camp

>>336321149
I said I don't game on PC, not that I can't.
>>
>>336321149
On new PC hardware you need to lock FPS in commands to 60 or the NPCs spas out.
>>
>>336321293
>I said I don't game on PC, not that I can't.
>>
>>336321382
It's not that hard a concept anon. I use my PC for work, not for gaming.
>>
>>336321465
What's the point of that separation? To prevent excess stress while gaming due to the association of work with PC?
>>
>>336316328
Never happens if you aren't an idiot and bother to replace your guns.

Only happens if you let youself lose nearly all your health instead of using one of your 5+ full heal syrettes that you find replacements for in every single outpost.

Malaria effects happen once every fucking 3 hours at most.

The widespread opinion about Far Cry 2 is so pathetic. The game requires the slightest bit of mental exertion to figure out how to play it well, not even a lot, just a tiny little bit of fucking brainpower, but that's just too much for the average drooling idiot gamer.
>>
>>336321564
I just prefer to keep the two seperate, less distractions. Plus i just don't feel comfortable gaming on PC. Its a simple small setup. Not a grandiose one. Nor do I want to invest in one, so its easier this way.
>>
>>336317016
>Thats like asking me to sit ina videogame when I do it in real life.

unless it's a gameplay mechanic like blending in in Assasin's Creed.
I always say Watch_Dogs needed a sit button so I can act more natural in multiplayer
>>
>>336321293
>I was an idiot and lost my car and didn't bother to find a new car.
>then I died
The problem is YOU, jackass.

The game gives you the tools to deal with these things. It's your fault if you don't utilize them well.
>>
>>336317016
yeah I know life's tediums like fixing gun jams in a firefight and pulling bullets out of my leg and getting malaria

all those petty annoyances we have to deal with on a day to day basis
>>
File: 1427462689371.jpg (309 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1427462689371.jpg
309 KB, 1680x1050
>>336321293
>I said I don't game on PC, not that I can't.
>>
>>336322686

Do you just have a folder of laughing animals or something?
>>
File: 1410179215960.jpg (149 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1410179215960.jpg
149 KB, 480x480
>>336316328

>WAH WAH WHY ISN'T THIS GAME FAR CRY 4?!?!?!?!?!!

god you fucks that come into a series later into its lifespan are always the fucking cancerous ones. No one can prove me wrong on this.

>B-but WoD is amazing, Vanilla and Burning Crusade suck!!!
>B-but Metroid: Other M is amaizng! Super is outdated!!
>B-but the new DOOM is fantastic you people are just stuck in the past!!!
>B-but the new Dungeon Keeper is embracing the future!!!
>B-but Diablo III is fun!!!!

and so on and so on and so on. I hate new fans. Every single one of you.
>>
>>336323024
more like why isn't that game Far Cry 1, I want mutants, heavily armed mercs and hardcore non-stop action

also D44m looks okay
>>
>>336316328
Nonetheless, it's still my favorite Far Cry game.
>>
>>336323024
Uhh you okay there buddy? This is my first Far Cry, and With that attitude, I doubt I even want to go on to 3 or 4.
>>
Fuck it. Reinstalling.
>>
>>336323325

>This is my first Far Cry

Cool. You'll probably like the new ones.

>>336323237

Blame Ubisoft, and no it doesn't.
>>
File: 1383648111213.jpg (143 KB, 320x422) Image search: [Google]
1383648111213.jpg
143 KB, 320x422
>>336323237
>also D44m looks okay
>>
>>336323429
>Blame Ubisoft
To be fair, a lot of the cool shit about FC1 is the result of CryTek inexperience. I liked the game difficulty but even then most critics thought it was "too hard". There's no way they'd make a game like that today.

And it really does look okay, not the best thing, but okay.
>>
>>336323237
> I want mutants, heavily armed mercs and hardcore non-stop action

Go play fallout then.
>>
>>336323647
>Fallout
>hardcore non-stop action
What???
>>
>>336323429
>>336323495

Is this some kind of meme or something. I mean, Doom 4 doesn't look that interesting, but /v/ seems to get off to hating the shit out of it, while never explaining WHY they hate it.
>>
File: 1366782721450.png (42 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
1366782721450.png
42 KB, 488x519
>>336323564

If by "okay" you mean the inevitable 10 dollar sale "okay" then yeah I agree

But really by comparison, DOOM BFG edition and the classics like Final DOOM and ultimate DOOM are still better ways to spend your money, which is a shame considering its the CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>336316328
>Mentions a lot of things that make a game unique and good
>No, these are bad things
Your taste is shit.
>>
>>336323698
>while never explaining WHY they hate it.
Did you just glance at the catalog?
Opening any sufficiently long d44m thread should give plenty enough explanation.
>>
>>336323750
>DOOM BFG edition
Are you stupid or shill? Doom 3 BFG is inferior to modded Doom 3, which is a bad game (which I enjoyed to an extent). D44m looks way better than 3.

Also Doom 1 is kinda boring and Doom 2 has bad maps. The pinnacle of Doom franchise is wads, really. So much top quality content there, and I ain't talking about no Brutal Doom. Just good maps that you can roll with Smooth Doom.
>>
>>336323698

The campaign looks alright.

it's the multiplayer that everyone is pissed about. It just isn't fun.
>>
>>336323907

>Are you stupid or a shill

Neither. DOOM BFG has a lot for the money you pay, even if its worse than a modded DOOM 3 a lot of people simply aren't going to bother with modding. Surely you're intelligent enough to understand that, even if its piss easy to mod.

>DOOM 1 is kinda boring

Nope. Get the fuck outta here bud. It all started here and the maps are still pretty fun. I'm sure if you were into Mega Man you'd be one of those "Mega Man 1" sucks guys.

Agreed on the wads opinion though.
>>
>>336316328
>pulling out bullets make you heal
>causing massive bleeding and more damage somehow makes you better
Yeah sounds very realistic
>>
>>336324090
Foreign objects in body cause infection. Basic medicine 101. I'm not saying it was realistic the way they portrayed it in the game but it sure as fuck looked cool.
>>
>>336324090
Get a load of this nigger never swam in deadly africanized water before.
>>
>>336324380
Not that guy but basic first aid 101 is if something big's stuck in there, it's better to wrap it up than try to pull it out.
>>
>>336324060
Doom 3 BFG is a worse version of Doom 3 + wads you could get for free if you open /vr/ pastebi.

The problem with Doom 1 is that Doom 1 monster set is boring, also SSG is a meme for a reason, it's an amazing feeling gun and it's not in Doom 1. Yeah, maps are good, and Perfect Hatred is going to make you shit yourself (in a good way), but overall when I think "Doom" I think "angry fucking skeletons with rocket launchers" or "creepy thin guys who resurrect monsters FUCK", not "well, imps shoot fireballs and can also melee".

Doom 2 still has probably the best monster design of all FPS except maybe for Sam games.
>>
>>336320475
Nah nothing can change that unfortunately
>>
>>336320475
>>336324568
Bullshit.
Eliminate no, seriously mitigate yes.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dylans-far-cry-2-realism-mod
>>
>>336324479
Kind of hard to fight if you have bullet/ shrapnel wedged between your bones.
>>
>>336324746
Kind of hard to fight if all your blood is escaping from that hole you just unblocked.

I love the emergency first aid animations but they certainly aint by the book.
>>
>>336324715
Yes but he didn't ask if you could seriously mitigate them you fuck
>>
>>336324903
And you said nothing can 'change' that you fuck
>>
File: its just a flesh wound.jpg (7 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
its just a flesh wound.jpg
7 KB, 198x254
>>336324863
>>
>>336316328
weapon jamming is one of the best concept in that game. along with the buddy system.
you need to find diamonds then go buy new weapons, if yo use shitty weapons you find they will break easy.
and the new weapons need to be maintained, as in real life.
dont swim with your weapon equipped ect.
the malaria was just to give you a feeling of urgency, you dont actually die of malaria, it just forces you to do side quests to get pills.
having these hiccups happening in battle gives suspense.

its the best farcry game period.
visually
setting
gameplay
story.

only issues with the game was the instant respawning of checkpoints and the stealth being useless, even with the ghilly suit.
>>
Everything about this game annoying and tedious. Graphics is fucking amazing though.
>>
>>336325338
Stealth actually works. Its just not "cloak engaged" Crysis tier. If you crawl and stay put in bushes/ tall grass enemies can walk up to 4 meters from you not spotting you.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 250x323
>>336322354
>tfw went swimming the other day and had to pull out rebar and broken glass that my limbs were impaled by
Fucking Africa, clean up your oceans
>>
>>336325868
You get rebar and shrapnel from explosions. Swimming gets you a twig.
>>
>>336325729
And the moment you pop one guy with a non-silent weapon or don't get him in the head in one shot (one shot anywhere but the head still doesn't work eg: dart rifle because he can still scream) everybody knows where you are.
I love the game but combat stealth is borked.
>>
>>336316328
This shit had THE BEST map editoring in any game ever.
It was shitty, but the fun kinda shitty that encourages creativity.
>>
>>336325173
Yes nothing can change the fact that you cant eliminate them stop being such a fuck
>>
>>336326286
Actually no, if you stay put they have a general direction but not the pinpoint location. I relayed on in my last playthrough because I was playing it on Hardcore. They all funnelled into the path as I was taking them out with Dart Rifle and MP5. The injured ones drew their attention giving me some satisfying Geneva Convention law breaking moments. They even shout out how they have no idea where you are and are panicking.
>>
>>336316328
/v/'s autism may argue but I actually have to agree wholeheartedly here.
Far Cry 2 is a bag full of great ideas gone sour and implemented in the most frustrating ways possible.
>You could earn FUCKING DIAMONDS for your work but lol peelz XD
>Guns degrade after 5 shots because lol Africa
>Every enemy gun is in SHIT condition yet their weapons never jam on them for some magical reason because lol niggers
>no fast travel and long ass drives because lol realizum
>Enemies will chase you to the ends of the fucking earth for no goddamn reason
>Respawning checkpoints FUCKING. EVERYWHERE

Unfortunately, this game is probably the reason why developers are scared to implement more realistic qualities into their games.
>>
>>336326127
Actually swimming is one of the ways to see all the healing animations
>>
>>336316667
You'd basically have to bathe your gun in corrosive acid for it to degrade that quickly. The jamming was taken way too far. I don't want to have to drive 10 miles back to my safehouse after every mission just to replace my gun.
They should have kept the weapon degradation purely aesthetic, *or* have a mechanic where you can field clean.
>>
File: 1365264599849.png (34 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
1365264599849.png
34 KB, 201x160
>>336326507
Goddamn I saw some wonders out of that.
>vertical map that is a giant tower of junk
>WWII bombed out town with tanks and shit
>thick jungle with foxholes, trenches and traps
>fucking spaceship in mid air with tight corridors
>waterworld floating slums with boardwalks and bridges
>goddamn ship to ship battle with cannons and tightropes
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>336326771
Damn that's neat. Maybe I just suck at hiding.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb0zWbYUik
deadliest rivers in the world
>>
>>336317581
It makes sense. You cut off their supply chains at their choke points.
At least in FC3 though, even if they *did* have bullshit respawning guard points, they have the common fucking DECENCY to put them slightly out of the way and not have the AI chase you to the ends of the earth.
>>
>>336326127
>>336326828
Actually first aid animations are based on the type of damage that put you into the red:
>explosions: broken bones, dislocated joints, artificial debris lodged in body
>bullets: gunshot wounds, lacerations
>fire: duh
>environmental (drowning and falling damage): broken bones, dislocated joints, natural and artificial debris lodged in body
>>
>>336327306
Yeah I know but on Hardcore you basically only see bullet wounds because you hardly survive explosions or high drops.
>>
>>336316328
Those are actually my favorite things in this game. The things I hated were

> Bad voice acting or at least the pacing of the speech
> way too repetitive missions
> outposts respawning something like every ten minutes.

The last is the worst. I run through one road checkpoint, eradicate enemies, stop at another, fall back during the fight to get a new car, enemies are back. WTF.
>>
>>336328949
The voice acting was really bizarre. Didn't understand what the fuck anyone said and it wasn't because of their accents.
>>
>>336316328
Respawning guards that hound you every five seconds ruined this game.

The idea is fine, but you can't drive a vehicle for 5 minutes because someone is always shooting at it. So you end up car hopping all the time.

The game is just tedious. A fun game someone went out their way to make not fun.
>>
>>336329312
This, basically.
I'll never forget the last time I ever touched this fucking nightmare.
>Just got a brand new shiny 50 cal sniper
>decide to walk outside and test it
>Hunt some animals, shoot a lion in the head
>Fuck ya! This shit's cool, I like it. Impractical recoil and fire rate...but hey it one shots elephants
....I'll never forget what happened next. I was zoomed in when a fucking JEEP blindsides me and runs me over. The enemies from across the map literally heard my shots and drove for at least like 5 minutes just to kill me. Two steps from the safehouse.

I uninstalled the game.
>>
File: 1446625716076.gif (171 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1446625716076.gif
171 KB, 375x375
>>336317887
Nah, the term AI implies there's some semblance of intelligence in them.
>>
>>336316328
You just described what makes it better than other first person shooters. Lack of realism is THE WORST aspect of any FPS.

>Weapons reload too quickly
>Players and NPC's don't fatigue realistically
>Movement is generally MUCH too fast and there is too much incentive to charge enemies and take unrealistic risks

The more combat-realistic, the better the game.
>>
if FC2 had 3/4's weapon systems and if they toned the AI back it would be the best FC game.
>>
>>336316667
>The only issues with the game was the malaria and guard tower / enemy respawns.
you forgot having absolutely no reward for exploring ince aside from random diamonds the whole map is completely dead and void of anything unless it's a quest objective or a preset outpost

like skyrim the game looks cool and all until you realize how shallow and limited it is, but at least skyrim took more than 2 hours to find out and has mods to add some reasons to play
>>
Best fun I've had.

>That mission where you have to send GPS coordinates for the hidden gold.
>Best Buddy Josip promised to come help once I send coordinates
>tag gold
>hell breaks lose on the ground
>climb up, Josip takes on an army with shotgun
>fucking blind firing from breakable ruins cover
>taking hits
>get downed
>think this it have to do restart
>nope Rescue Buddy Paul FUCKING BRO Ferenc comes in
>Drags my bleeding carcase to safety while pistol shooting enemies in the face
>patch myself up
>finish off the rest of the enemies
>Fucking 3 of us left standing in a desert ruins as the sun rises
>>
File: AHWOO.jpg (37 KB, 601x566) Image search: [Google]
AHWOO.jpg
37 KB, 601x566
>>336316667
>tfw you find a new jackel tape

Great VA
>>
Modded its not so bad. WIth mods the worst thing is that bus fast travel is shit. You cant just go where you need to go, you instead have to go through a daisy chain of 5 loading screens. Everything is needlessly far with nothing inbetween to make the driving fun.
>>
>>336326286
Yeah they can hear the gun shots dingus, move from your position after shooting
>>
>>336329729
Some safe houses have enemies patroling on the road dumbass
>>
>>336316328
This isn't even realism.
In real life, this is actively harmful a lot of the time.
If you are ever being shot, don't remove the bullet. Leave it right the fuck where it is.
>>
>>336336087
>move from your position after shooting

This is actually a bad advice as it is explained here

>>336326771
>>
File: 373948362625.jpg (21 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
373948362625.jpg
21 KB, 213x237
>mfw I found that shack with a diamond case, golden AK and a buggy out front

Shit was the tits
>>
>>336316328
Congratulations, you completely missed the point of the game. Those "realistic" mechanics were supposed to create a specific tone and atmosphere - they made the player feel alone and vulnerable, making you feel like you actually had struggle to survive. Not every game needs to have mechanics that aim to create a "fun" experience for the player, if you want a shitty theme park game that holds your hand constantly you can go play Far Cry 3 or 4.
>>
>>336316328
This game is the best example of games as art I've ever experienced. It feels like a game directed by Werner Herzog.
>>
>>336326738
you have autism

good day
>>
>>336326816
>enemies will chase you to the ends of the earth for no reason

you are in Africa you fucking dumb boot licker
>>
>>336316328

This probably sounds cooler than it actually is in the game.
>>
>>336316328
I went back to it after FC3 because I loved it so much.

I couldn't get over the map system though and stopped playing after like an hour.
>>
>>336336319
Yeah but the playable characters are all grizzly hardcore motherfuckers, remember?

They don't just remove the bullet, they dig in and remove it using a bloodied, rusty machete half the term cos infections are for pussies
>>
FC2 is overwhelmingly average and /v/ for whatever has a soft spot for this stupid, poorly designed game.

the endless defense for FC2 around here made me realize /v/ has shit taste in video games.
>>
>>336339301
Why do people bother making posts like these if they aren't going to explain themselves beyond "stupid" and "poorly designed"?
>>
>>336339416

It's evident how shit the game is I don't have to explain shit but since you're a faggot mouth breather low-watt gurgling out the jams shade I'll break it down a bit.

give the player maleria make em run a fucking bullshit go-kart errand everytime they're outta medicine.

the gun you bought at the shop rusts up in the midst of a mission? pick up a gun from some dead skinny and it's made of chocolate welcome to fucking jam city

remember the checkpoint you cleared? full of dick jocks again, want freedom of mobility across the map? fuck you you get to clear the same checkpoints over and over

oh you want to run the checkpoint? well guess what we're just gonna sic the dick jockeys on you with jeeps.

want to get out and fight them? get run the fuck over.

im sure they added all that cause they thought players would just love having to clear the same checkpoint over and over and over ad nauseam. I'm sure they didn't realize that the world they built was utterly devoid of ANYTHING to do and tried to make up for it by making the world more difficult to traverse.

here's a mission to blow up a shipment of guns you daft cunt, track the truck, blow it up. Use an IED, lay it anywhere on the PREDETERMINED PATH the truck follows, because how hard is it to have your truck drive on anything but a rail around the same part of the map.

I'm not even scratching the surface of this stupid game. This is just what I remember, I'm sure on replaying it I could come up with a essay about how badly this game misses the mark. There's some good bits but this game gets WAY too much praise around here. But again I'm not surprised that this board is full of shit opinions it is summer after all.
>>
>>336340280
Why are you getting so mad when I just pointed out that you didn't make an argument? You didn't make on here either, you just listed parts of the game you didn't like without explaining why they were bad.
>>
>>336340280
>you're a faggot mouth breather low-watt gurgling out the jams shade
What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>336340448

I'm not going to go into how these are symptomatic of scatterbrained design and half assing by the development team, if you aren't able to connect A to B I'm not going to waste my time humoring a fool.
>>
>>336340598
So you are unable to explain yourself properly and have anger management issues, just like 90% of shitposters on /v/
>>
I play FC2 on the hardest difficulty + realism mod

It's fun as fuck senpai
>>
>>336339301
It's no doubt a shit video game. It is. I'm sorry it is. But I still love it, because it fills the "African warlord / civil war / mercenary" fiction slot so damn well.
And it is kind of fun to get the drop on a bunch of soldiers, and come up with on-the-fly tactics to combat theirs.

That one mission to kill Mbantuwe. I just sniped him and drove off.

Another time I sniped someone from a boat. It's fun to do things different.

It's shit though
>>
>>336316667

Malaria was literally all scripted
>>
>>336338857
>hes a waypoint baby

KY senpai
>>
This was my favourite FC. If you don't run into every possible fight like a retard playing COD you're gonna be complaining.

If you play on the hardest difficulty and actually planned your attacks and ambushes for a couple seconds you'd actually have fun.

> The satisfaction of destroying a convoy with well placed and timed remote mines
> Tfw silently dispatching assassination targets with a sniper rifle and escaping into the brushes
>Planning your escape route and dodging your mines for the pursuing vehicles to trigger

I agree with the respawn gripe though. It's fucking frustrating. Also the fact that literally no one was friendly on the roads. Wandering refugees at least would've added greatly to the atmosphere of the game world.
>>
>>336337937
Literally just an 'oh shit press this button on your keyboard real quick to see an animation' moment. Same with malaria.
>>
>>336316328

Honestly, I like the game a lot but it has a lot of flaws such as enemies respawning way too fast. It really became a chore fast. You couldnt just drive past them either because they would follow you.

You should have been able to actually become a full memeber of one of the merc groups so that only one faction would attack you.

Other than that, its pretty much Stalker in Africa.
>>
>>336324380
Weren't bullets themselves sterile?
>>
>>336347447
That was actually supposed to be in along with the actual purpose of the flare gun aside from starting sick fires.
>>
>>336347702
Lead poisoning and having a hole as thick as a finger in you probably doesn't help.
>>
>>336345395

Yeah where the fuck were the civilians? Was the taxi driver literally the last citizen in the country? The game is pretty gritty already with your friends overdozing and getting mercykilled by you. Literally heart of darkness tier. The possibility of civillian casualties when you performed your missions would have added a lot to the game.
>>
The one thing I'd change is the checkpoint respawn time. It would be great to clear a checkpoint and sit and wait in a bush for 20 minutes to watch the next group drive in and repopulate the checkpoint.

Everything else is perfect.
>>
FC3 improves everything but left out the jamming and multiple maps + GPS on car
>>
>>336351771
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
>>
>>336353127
Also an improvement
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.