[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E3 Hype Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: [email protected] (497 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo@E3.jpg
497 KB, 3000x2000
So who else is excited for E3 this year?

I'm not bitter.
>>
File: Image_136.png (127 KB, 826x799) Image search: [Google]
Image_136.png
127 KB, 826x799
>>
>>336269018
>zelda U is also being released on Wii U
>>
>>336269018
>EA decides they're above E3 and is holding their event across the street
>Nintendo is only going to show off Zelda and nothing else
>Ubisoft hasn't gotten through their thick skulls we laugh at their presentation for the cringe, not for the sick memes, so they bring back Ladyboners for another year
Why do we look forward to E3 again?
>>
>>336269781
Remember when everyone thought the NX was going to be announced at E3? That was exciting.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
New Zelda looks fantastic, and in pretty hype for archery buffs, but I haven't been keeping up with the development. Is it more free roaming, or will it be like Skyward Sword where your hand is being held every damn second? Also, appreciate the simple cel shading and throwback to windward art style, top notch.
>>
>>336270462
Windwaker*** geez Siri
>>
i swear i read diaper mario
>>
>>336270462
Free roaming. Aonuma has released nothing but B+ games for the last decade, so I think odds are off for him getting this one right.
>>
>>336269018
ZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz
>>
>>336269927
Not being playable is not the same as not being announced

The Wii U was announced at E3 2011 but wasn't playable

We have no idea what the content of Nintendo's E3 Direct will be until we see it. All we know is that Zelda will be the only playable game in booths
>>
>>336271387

Ah, I wish that was all it was.

Unfortunately, Nintendo specifically stated they weren't showing the NX at E3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-says-nx-will-not-make-an-appearance-at-e3/1100-6439253/
>>
I'll watch in hopes of another Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival type premiere that goes from maximum hype to maximum hate in a matter of seconds
>>
>>336271651
Again, that's talking about their physical presence at E3, not their Direct. I admit it looks bleak but it's still open to interpretation
>>
>>336271909
I'd be properly disappointed if they don't at least reveal some info on the NX this E3, doesn't matter whether it's in a presentation or a Direct. I guess I can always kill myself if that happens so at least there's that.
>>
>>336270983
PESSIMISM

But yeah Nintendo is pretty much hanging their hat on Aonuma's middling track record for E3 this year. Not exciting.
>>
>>336269018
What's extra sad is that it's almost guaranteed there will only be AT MOST one additional Wii U game that hasn't been announced yet in their E3 Direct. Everything is probably going to be saved for the NX, so even this hypothetical Wii U game that would launch this holiday will probably be a little mid-to-low tier title anyway.

That plus the lack of any NX info means that we're going to get Zelda, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Color Splash, Federation Force, and one low-grade Wii U game.

This is going to be a fucking weak E3 for Nintendo.
>>
>>336271909
I admire your ability to remain strong in the face of adversity.

>>336272232
If E3 were a betting market I'd say odds would be on nothing but Zelda and #FE for Wii U. Nintendo already conceded the NX delay was to build a strong launch lineup--putting even one of the games they have in development on the Wii U just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>336272160
I think Nintendo just regards their Direct "during E3" as something separate from E3 since it's streamed globally and isn't something that's actually taking place at E3 or really has anything to do with E3, just taking advantage of the popularity of the show happening at the same time

Regardless, the question is if they don't announce it during that Direct, then when? TGS isn't nearly as popular and America is Nintendo's biggest market anyway. I guess they could have a Direct that's dedicated to the NX unveiling but they wouldn't capture the interest that's abound during E3
>>
>>336272489
>>336272232
Wii U will have a couple more games, they just won't be good games or games anyone's interested in. Like Amiibo Festival or another Mario Sports knockoff

Remember Project Robot or whatever that promptly disappeared? That's still out there somewhere and I doubt they'd move such a niche thing to NX
>>
>>336269018
Absolute best case scenario for Wii U owners at E3?

1. Nintendo announces that you can use the Wii U gamepad for offscreen play on the NX

2. Nintendo announces that Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Sm4sh are all getting NX ports--and Wii U owners can trade in their copies for free.

The second is pretty unlikely, but it serves three purposes: it maintains the goodwill of Wii U owners, it guarantees Wii U owners will buy the NX, and it ensures the online community of those games will continue to thrive.
>>
>>336273012
>Wii U owners can trade in their copies for free
ahahaha
>>
>>336270462
There's literally nothing to keep up with development wise. We know next to nothing about the game. The last time we got a glimpse of gameplay was 2014 so things have most likely been changed
>>
>>336273012
Im pretty sure that NX will offer backwards compatibility and will use Wii and Wii U accessories
>>
>>336273012
>2. Nintendo announces that Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Sm4sh are all getting NX ports--and Wii U owners can trade in their copies for free.

you're cute
>>
File: 1452999602331.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452999602331.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336269018
Im excited for the return of Rareware
>>
File: good grief.jpg (36 KB, 600x751) Image search: [Google]
good grief.jpg
36 KB, 600x751
>yfw the entire presentation is just Zelda
>>
>>336269018
I just hope Nintendo realizes that their marketing tactics ain't working.
>>
>>336273485
Rare is dead, get over it.
>>
>>336273726
They never have and probably never will. They need to push multiplayer shooters with a mouthful of gravel, a gigantic void of a gameworld with crafting and settlement elements, paid online interactivity, and most important, a large cache of not-video-games things like Netflix, sport streaming, and playing multimedia.
>>
>>336273012
Ahhh. Sorry, but >>336273216 and >>336273426
are spot on. Nintendo will port those games and you can buy them again if you want them for NX.

>>336273392
> Backwards compatibility

Nope. The Wii U is not only fairly powerful, it's PowerPC. NX is basically confirmed to be using AMD parts, so that limits it to ARM or x86. Native backwards compatibility is therefore out, and Nintendo just isn't up to the task of emulating hardware as powerful as the Wii U.
>>
File: Playtonic-Logo.jpg (35 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Playtonic-Logo.jpg
35 KB, 620x349
>>336274608
>>
I'm interested in EA with Andromeda and that extreme sports Criterion game
>>
>>336274930
> wiiu
> powerful hardware

Pick one
>>
>>336274930
>Nintendo just isn't up to the task of emulating hardware as powerful as the Wii U.
First of all the Wii U isn't that powerful, it's basically a tri-core Wii. Have you checked out Cemu lately? It's very likely that full speed Wii U emulation will be possible on current PCs

That said, NX won't be backward compatible, not because of technical reasons but simply because there's no money in it
>>
>>336270462
Everything looks fantastic at E3, then gets downgraded for release.
>>
>>336275757

If anything Nintendo often lets their games show up at E3 looking worse than the retail release. See: Kid Icarus, Star Fox Zero, Luigi's Mansion 2.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.