[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
Nioh thread?

What are some fun builds to try out until the demo ends?

Also, why do Strength and Skill say that it allows the use of heavier/more technical weapons, but all katanas i found actually scaled with heart, and all spears i found actually scaled with body?
>>
poor man's souls game with the shitter 3-tier combat
>>
>>336252243
nice opinion
it's not much like souls though, unless you think souls invented action combat
>>
>>336252109
Strength does scale with the heavier weapons though, axes and hammers.
>>
Futa butts make me nuts.
>>
>>336252617
Haven't found a hammer with more than C strength scaling
>>
I keep getting my arse handed to me

Help
>>
>>336253197
press triangle or square
>>
How to be good at this game :
-use a spear and press triangle
>>
>>336253254
Thanks

What are all this grave things everywhere
Are they pvp summons?
>>
>>336253372

The square attack of the high stance spear is the best one, dummy.
>>
>>336253426

They are like the bloodstains in dark souls except they summon a zombie AI version of a dead player

Game doesn't have PvP yet
>>
>>336253426
Yes. They're AI controlled dead player characters you can fight for loot.
>>
GameFAQs found a leveling exploit in level 2. Every level after level 50 takes like killing everyone in the entire first area, including the boss, just to level up to 51. It takes 5,000,000 souls to level up every time after 50, but using the exploit can easily allow you to get to level 100 in the demo. Don't know why you would want to do that though.
>>
>>336252109
seemed more like they're used as stat requirements if anything as the only stats that scale well are heart body and stamina
>>
>>336252109
ninja build isn't too bad fire shuriken dos 950 to plebs with like 12 burn, poison 122 but blast area is small and hard to get them infected 305
>>
>>336254149
this is level 2 enemies iirc
>>
I... I just can't do it lads. I just cant git gud at this game. Played for 2 hours today and I'm still dying to the first group of 2 enemies. I can't even imagine how the guy who made that video jumping around with a spear like it was devil may cry did it. Seemed like he had infinite stamina but my stamina bar drains in like 3 attacks.

I give up.
>>
>>336254273

Master the Ki Pulse no jutsu
Stat in mid stance until you get the hang of combat
Don't show your back to enemies
Don't be greedy
>>
>>336254273
I got shit on when i started too, but getting shit on by the first group of enemies for 2 hours is kind of insane anon.

Do you know about stances and ki-pulse?
>>
File: 1419703321998.jpg (79 KB, 438x348) Image search: [Google]
1419703321998.jpg
79 KB, 438x348
>>336254273
Dude even DSP managed to get to Nue.
>>
>>336254747
No. Explain
>>
>>336254273
>Seemed like he had infinite stamina but my stamina bar drains in like 3 attacks.
That is why you go for two instead and back out of there. And for the love of god, don't piss off more then two enemies at a time.
>>
>>336254273
gb2dork soles you casual
>>
>>336254273
I find it's easiest to run up and gank the sword guy while he's got his back turned, then run back down to the beach.
They separate from eachother doing stupid shit like jumping down the cliff, so you can finish off the sword guy if you didn't already and then focus on the axe guy.

But if you're having trouble with those two dudes then you're going to hate the group of five up the hill.
>>
>>336254865
When you attack, just before your stamina regens you will see a white bar filling up your stamina gauge. If you press R1 during that time you will instantly regenerate all the stamina within that white bar.

Also R1+ Triangle, X and Square changes your battle stance. Low stance has low damage hits, but you can perform the ki-pulse by dodging too, mid stance is medium damage, and all about guardian and parrying, and high stance is high damage, high stamina cost.
>>
>>336253507
Taling about mid stance spear actually. high stance is decent but pretty underwhelming compared to low or mid stance. triangle on mid stance does stupid damage and eats enemy stamina incredibly quickly
>>
>>336254889
kill yourself
>>
>>336255117
How do I parry?
>>
>>336255560
parrying/counter is useless since it's so high risk and it uses a lot of ki it also doesn't even work on Yokai. You are better off blocking/dodging
>>
>>336254889
This game is easier than dark souls
>>
I missed up my lvl 11 by dumping everything in heart. I'm going to start over, What is a good noob build?
>>
>>336256015
Heart is the op stat my friend
>>
>>336256015
Dumping everything into heart is the noob build. Pick up a katana, use the rest of your Amrita to meet the reqs if you don't, pick up some stamina to wear heavier armor, and you are set.
>>
Literally how am I supposed to fight more than 1 enemy at a time? I cant even keep up with just dodging/blocking when there's 3 guys on me, let alone even getting in a single counterattack without getting severely punished.
>>
>>336256015
Heart is a good stat. Katanas scale with heart. Just keep going
>>
>>336256284
Spear or low stance katana for sick dodging and re-positioning.
>>
>>336255560
You can't parry unless you learn the skill for it.
After leveling up, tap the gamepads touchpad and go to learn skill.

Parries can only be performed in mid stance with a katana, but like >>336255868 said it's incredibly high risk, so i don't do it, but if you somehow master it it probably helps a lot

>>336255898
Kill yourself. Is how hard a game is and how big of an epeen you can can say you have because you beat X le hardcore game the only fucking thing you care about? Same with >>336254889 , fucking retard
>>
>>336256371
and hitting for 10 damage
>>
>>336255898
Youre fuckin insane
>>
How the fuck do you perform the low stance katana Left Stick up + X skill? It says you can do it after a combo, but after trying to do it like 50 times i've never gotten it even once. But the leap with the spear i can do. Does the skill not work correctly or something?
>>
>>336256382
This game is easier than dark souls
>>
>>336256508
With low-stance Katana?

Use the triangle attack. It's pretty beefy, actually. And since you can Ki pulse with dodges in low-stance Katana, you can easily pull away and keep all of your Ki.

With low-stance Spear, do the same. The triangle attack is a wide sweep.
>>
>>336252109
this is my build anon.
build is in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr-_xdTiaGY
>>
I had a blast with this demo, it was a goddamn crash course in gid gud. I bashed my fucking brains out against the first few enemies so many times. Then the next few. then the next few. You die, over and over again, until you git gud - or at least learn how to play the game.

tips for beginners

1. This isn't Dark Souls 3. Do not spam R1(Square), you will run out of Stamina and die

2. This isn't Dark Souls 3. Do not run out of Stamina, you will die.

3. This isn't Dark Souls 3. Do not try to block everything, you will run out of stamina and you will die

4. This isn't Dark Souls 3. Do chain panic rolls/dodges to avoid attacks, you will run out of stamina and you will die.

Noticing a pattern? NOT DARK SOULS 3 and STAMINA, IT'S IMPORTANT.

Your Stamina/Ki is your life line, you use it to do anything. When you run out, you are exhausted and stunned, standing there like a retard, for a good 2 to 3 seconds while you pray for the AI to miss you. This can happen against ANY enemy if you aren't careful. At least at first, every enemy requires concentration and focus

But the game WILL get easier. Partly from sheer familiarity as you come to grips with the pace of it's combat and how inputs work. Partly from leveling up and the games feedback loop.

See, unlike Dark Souls, selling items is a VITAL part of this games economy. Making offerings at the shrine of the billions of pieces of shit you pick up is important, because it prevents you from ever getting truly stuck. Die and lose all your Amrita? Sell off your junk and level up. Use the Samurai Points you get from leveling up to unlock moves or passive improvements. Even if you double die and seemingly lose all your progress, you still have your vendor trash, which will allow you to improve. Another important thing it does is give you random gifts - extra Elixirs (Estus), as well as repair items for your weapons and armor. At first breakage will be a serious issue, eventually you'll swim in Glue and Whetstones.
>>
File: 2016-05-02-132206.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-02-132206.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
just tried the demo earlier, was a fun ride

will leave the 2nd boss and other experimentation for the full game tho, want it to feel fresh

hadn't played souls since DaS since mostly lost interest, but this will work for me
>>
Where is the last spirit in the 2nd area? The 15% amrita one. I don't know if the demo just ends after Nue so I want to find it before I finish
>>
Reminder that DSP had no trouble at all with this game
>>
>>336257051
Leveling up is much more paramount in this game than in Dark Souls, because it increases your options in all sorts of ways. Every stat does multiple things, and every stat gives you samurai points. Pay close attention to what leveling up boosts and decide whats best for you. Don't underestimate the value of Ninjutsu or Magic, as both of these can be game changers. Ninjutsu improves your stamina and movement economy, Magic gives you powerful buff and debuff talisman that can make many enemies much easier.

Earlier I mentioned Stamina/Ki and how important managing it was. How do you do that? First get a feel for how much Ki you use when attacking - the last thing you want to do is spam 4-5 attacks in high stance and exhaust yourself. Master the ability called Ki Pulse, which is when you press R1 when your ki bar glows over your used portion - this allows you to instantly recover that stamina and can have other affects (blowing away Miasma, which weakens you, or reacting to certain abilities). In low stance, dashing/dodging (X) acts as a Ki Pulse, letting you hop around like Sanic while simultaneously recovering your Ki.

High Stance is for doing loadsa damage, is slow, costs lots of Kit.

Mid Stance is medium, is for parrying and defensive tricks

Low Stance is for light, fast attacks and rapid movement.

Don't worry about swapping between them mid combo at first, just tap R1 to catch your breath. Enemies stay staggered longer than in souls, especially if you break their Ki (bottom, grey) meter. Comboing them into ki break, pause, then hitting Triangle will perform a grapple, which is basically a parry stab. Knocking enemies prone and then using triangle will perform a ground stab. Both do loadsa damage.
>>
>>336257051
Calm down, retard
>>
>>336258319
no one will read this shit dumbass. I can figure out the game by simply playing
>>
>>336258319
kinda couldn't see much use for low stance in general

maybe if game has some hard-to-stagger fast enemies with low health later on
>>
>Get two axe skills, one says to hold down triangle to spin with the axe, the other says to hold down triangle to slam the axe into the ground

>both say Hold Triangle
>none are at the end of the combo

So how do you perform one or the other? I can only perform the axe spin.
>>
>>336258691
I didn't check axe skills but there's a skill customization menu that makes you pick one or the other when skills overlap

on that topic, they better let us do stance-specific configs in full game
>>
>>336257051
>>336258319
Save that stuff for when the game comes out. Might be useful for noobs.
>>
>>336258319
Eventually you get a bow. Love the bow. Caress the bow. Snipe with the bow. The Bow is strongk. Use it to snipe weaker enemies in the head, killing them instantly, or to draw aggro on enemies to lure them into one on one conflict. Be aware some enemies will draw aggro in groups when you shoot at them. Some of them wear helmets, which you will knock off and alert them when you shoot them. And some are just 2 fly to snipe and will parry your arrow. In the latter two cases, the reticule will turn yellow alerting you shit won't do damage. Use R3 to zoom in and aim for the head, many weaker human enemies will die instantly.

Fighting Yokai and Humans is different. Humans you want to parry and/or stagger, and do lots of damage to kill fast. Yokai are harder, you can't parry their attacks (at least I haven't been able to), and will conjure miasma to recover their Ki/deplete yours. You want to attack and retreat with them, whittling them down. Both kinds of enemy may call for a variety of approaches. Don't be afraid to use items to even the odds. Magic Talismans are especially useful for this, particularly the stamina regeneration/anti yokai ones, though Sloth is a good crutch too (people will shit on you for using sloth talismans and grenades)

>>336258691
open your menu. Next to LEARN SKILLS is SKILL CUSTOMIZATION, which lets you customize your combo's and abilities by stance. I have Spin Axe for medium stance and Earth Splitter for high, for example. Use R1 to select weapon, R2 to select stance. You can't fully customize, sadly, so you can't set it up so you automatically do Mad Spinner at the end of a combo for example. But it lets you swap which ability you use when you hold Triangle, and so forth.
>>
>>336258970
also, can't help but feel we should be able to set different finishers
>it changes all 3 at once
>>
>>336256621
Try holding down forward+x. That's what seemed to do the trick for me, but with the spear in low stance in my case. I couldn't get it consistently, but then I realized holding both button inputs down initiates the attack.
>>
>>336258970
You already can do stance specific configs though?

>>336259067
Yeah the fact you can't set different finishers bothered me.
>>
>>336259115
you can? I guess I missed it then

I've been stuck with a heavy stance finisher even when I use mid-stance, and if I set a mid-stance one, I can no longer use the heavy one..
>>
>>336256621
You do it before the end of your attack. If you do it after you get a normal dodge. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>336257734
You do realize his ineptness is an act, right?
>>
so what does "vs yokai" do exactly

I assume it's some sort of resistance given there's also vs poison and such, but been wondering if it really did anything
>>
>>336259361
>h..he was just pretending!
Why would he pretend to be good at this game of all things? He could pretend to be good at Dark Souls 3 instead and make a lot of people salty. This game is just easy man
>>
>>336259538
It's "vs. Yokai Realm" isn't it? I assume it relates to your resistance to the Ki stiffing effect when you're surrounded in the underworld aura.
>>
>>336259538
I believe it's resistance to Yokai miasma, which inhibits your Ki regen when yokai summon their spoopy fog aura.
>>
>>336257051
Don't forget to use your bow. A head shot can either flat out kill or seriously damage a enemy.
>>
>>336259765
pretty much never had to fight multiple enemies at once mostly thanks to bow
>>
Just beat the boat Oni and but I still haven't figured out how co-op works in this game. I managed to get one guy to show up once but I don't know how to get summoned by other players. Is this something you need to unlock?
>>
Is the -X% damage on armor supposed to be a debuff to your attack, or is that supposed to be incoming damage?
>>
>>336259997
On the map screen, select a level and before you go into it press Square. It's right at the bottom.
>>336259998
Nah it's incoming damage. Tends to vary based on the weight from what I've seen.
>>
>>336259936
It took me awhile to but once I learned to use the bow, most of my problems disappeared.
>>
hope full game will have a revised upward difficulty curve

demo had a bit of a learning curve that was harder than my first souls game, but then it was all downhill from there with singled out stunlocked enemies and bosses

bow especially kinda ruined things
>>
What scales with dexterity?
>>
>>336260413
Ninja shit, I believe.
>>
>>336260413
dexerity is so last gen, it's all about heart and skill now
>>
>>336260413
Ninjutsu, even says so in the level up screen family
>>
>>336257051
I played the game like dark souls and just punished whiffed attacks with either high stance katana combo or the single strong attack

I completely wasted points in strength and skill as well, and didn't know about ki pulse and I still beat both stages at a decent pace (the boat Oni killed me the most)
>>
>>336260413
Bow damage and Ninjutsu.
>>
>>336260762
>about ki pulse
Ki what?
>>
File: 2016-05-02-133002.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-02-133002.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
>>336260762
boat oni sure felt easy after beating it once, don't think I could lose to it ever again

did give me trouble at first though
>>
>>336260997
After you attack, look at your ki gauge

You see some of the spent ki refills in white, if you press r1 (or dodge in low stance) you gain it back

I don't really like the system in anything but low stance
>>
File: weini.jpg (115 KB, 464x416) Image search: [Google]
weini.jpg
115 KB, 464x416
I really, really hope that the second level of the demo isn't an indicator of how many demons vs. humans we are going to fight later in the game.

First level had a lot of humans and a couple of demons, but in the second level you have loads of demons, which sucks becuase demons simply aren't even half as fun to fight as humans.

I really hope that doesn't mean that after halfway through the game we'll only get to fight demon's and no more humans. That would completely destroy the game for me
>>
Nioh is the biggest surprise of the year so far. These threads remind me of Beseged threads from last year.
>>
>>336261147
>lose to that boss several times in a row
>feel like a failure
>go check the area again to see if missing anything
>find "harakiri sword"
>not a normal sword but an item literally used to kill yourself
t-thanks game, just what I needed to retain my honor
>>
>>336260273
You need ps+ for matchmaking?
>>
>>336261369
I hope we will get enough enemy variety.
And I doubt we can get those with human enemies, I guess we pretty much explored everything that can go.
Maybe some sort of Mage enemy is all I can think of instead of just giving the dues stronger armor and weapons.
>>
>>336261149
The gains are most obvious in mid and high.

It's kind of worthless in low stance since the stamina drain is minimal.
>>
>>336261702
Nope, not for the demo.
>>
>>336261369
Yup. The game, as a whole, is awesome.

But as you said, demons fucking SUCK to fight. They are unflinching bullshit with ridiculous hitboxes, unfun attacks, shitty yokai gate bullshit, etc...

Oh, and none of your cool weapon skills work on them. Not parrying, not flying over them to do plunging attacks or back attacks, NOTHING.

Every encounter consists of a min-maxed approach to get them into their stunlock state ASAP.
>>
>>336261369
You mostly used mid stance didn't you?
>>336261719
You're kinda underestimating just how varied you could make humans considering how many different kinds of weapons are possible, as well as how many different ways they could be wielded.
>>
File: 133823839224.png (141 KB, 372x357) Image search: [Google]
133823839224.png
141 KB, 372x357
I'd really just rather play dark souls than this
It's just a really uninspired game
>>
>>336262119
In the status screen you can see Isonade, Katanas, and what appears to be a sickle and chain weapon.

In your weapon skills tree , there's a missing section.
>>
>>336262021
Fighting Yokai is great, it gives you something totally different that just fighting humans, and you can do pretty much everything you can do to humans on them except for parries, you just have to time it better or get them out of Ki. The pools make you actually use Ki Pulses perfectly too. Fighting one type of enemy is refreshing and makes fighting the other more interesting, there's nothing wrong with different enemies needing different strategies.
>>
>>336259559
You faggots say this game is easy when he lucks out on a Ninja oni getting stuck between a building a a fucking rock face.

DSP is not a gauge for anything. Stop watching DSP.
>>
>>336262119
But they will probably still be normal armor wearing humans.
>>
>>336262453
>excuses
If it's possible to "luck out" through the whole game consistently, the game is not hard
>>
invested all in str lvl 23 using a axe and can't kill the first boss did i fuck up seems every one just usiing katana builds?
>>
>>336262580
Not necessarily. The heavily armored humans fight exactly like William does. Who's to say we won't eventually fight humans that can use Ki Pulses or even Living Weapons?
>>
>>336262453
You're talking to someone who watches fucking DSP. Fucking stop.
>>
This game is just terrible, too terrible
>>
>>336262692
don't get hit, and hit it until it stops moving
>>
>>336262696
Yeah, you are right. I actually totally forgot the Ninjas being a thing, that is already a completly different enemy type who fights nothing like any enemy.
>>
>>336252514
>Not much like Souls

Every thread lol. Next you are going to say it's like Onimusha when the only thing it has in common with it are white guys in samurai times.
>>
>>336262404
>Fighting Yokai is great
Yeah, gotta love an enemy in which the depth of the game's combat mechanics evaporates completely.

Enemies that don't flinch at all until you've wailed on them like an angry child are garbage tier encounter design.
>>
File: 1334296341093.jpg (662 KB, 2544x1920) Image search: [Google]
1334296341093.jpg
662 KB, 2544x1920
>broke like 100+ katanas going through the demo
fucking Japanese steel
>>
>>336262692
The first boss just has a ton of health to compensate for being slow. You just have to be patient. Also no you fucked up by trying to make a minmaxed build in a demo when you could try out everything available.
>>
>>336256284
visceral are invincible
>>
Did dsp seriously beat Nue on his first try?
>>
>>336262174
As much as I like souls, this is shaping up to be a much more polished game, possibly even more so than BB.
>>
>>336262982
>try to watch an anime
>its almost all exposition with some animation
fuck, I want to watch it not read/listen to it
>>
>>336263073
Nue is not a hard boss. People got misled by Onryoki and that tiny room.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
Casual filter
>>
>>336262938
Just kick them twice man, boom, all his Ki is gone.
>>
>>336263073
He did not beat him at all. Did get close a few times, though, but in the end he gave up because he was too exhausted from fapping
>>
>>336253507
It has a longer windup and is swung down so it won't work if the enemy is against a wall. Meanwhile, the heavy mid combo is faster and does great ki damage while not bouncing off walls in close spaces.

I usually go mid until their ki is burned down then switch to high for damage.
>>
>>336263293
Nah, the point shortly ahead where you run into 3 if you go in blindly is the casual filter
>>
>>336263297
Kick WHAT twice? The dwellers? Hitbox is the ground. The Ninja Oni? Good fucking luck. The little hopping guys? Haha.

Come the fuck on, stop excusing a poorly conceived enemy type.
>>
>>336263293
I hope they'll limit the appearance of those red grave things a bit

there was like 10 on screen at once near start when I played earlier, and scattered everywhere nearby in large quantity as well, was kinda distracting

only calms down after the key area since I figure they didn't make it
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 633x758
>>336263073
>Watch DSP play
>He has a good understanding of the mechanics from the get go
>Manages to clear most of the first part without dying
>He makes it all look easy
Meanwhile I died at least 5 times to the guy on the beach
>>
>>336263609
There was reverent right where you start the game, I thought you had to fight him in order to get his cool red sword.
>>
>>336263636
>died 5 times on the beach
WTF, how!?
>>
Got to Nue and died a couple of times. Damn he hits hard. Not sure if I got the patience to finish him but the demo sure has been fun. What's the "East Gate Key" for that you find to the left of Nue's entrance?
>>
>>336254805
Did he continue his playthrough? I saw him stopping before boat boss. Didnt think he'll make it.
>>
>>336263867
I keep spamming low stance attacks
>>
>>336252243
As opposed to the R1 spam that is souls?

Nioh has, in the alpha, 3 weapons with 3 stances with each having 2 attacks plus a running attack. Then there's also skills specific to each weapon and to each stance. Plus you can create your own custom combos.
>>
>>336263527
>The dwellers
Are you seriously having troubles with those? Jesus Christ they beg you to just stab them in the back when they flail around.
>Ninja Oni
You can still kick them after their stupid twirls, they are not so different from their sword/axe bros
>The little hopping guys
Dude they lose all their Ki on the first hit and die super fast after that. Just shoot them in the eye with a bow if you are to shit to just run up at them and slash them.
>>
>>336262938
What about all the depth in learning their moveset and avoiding them while trying to get hits in? You do realise the only true differences between them is that you can't stunlock them until you reduce their Ki and you can't parry them, right? The depth of parries is replaced by the depth of dealing with their armour and heavy attacks. Again, there's nothing wrong with enemy variety and it makes Yokai seem like a great threat.
>>
>>336263883
There is a wooden gate next to the entrance to the Nue garden. Inside the gate there is the 2nd shrine in this stage, and down the alley you will get some scary looking stone samurais that are surprisingly easy. There is a treasure chest with some spear also, I think.
>>
>>336263919
I've heard he beat Nue on the first try but I don't know if that's true.
>>
>>336263919
He beat Boat Oni in like what, three or four tries I think?
>>
needs more healing item drops[/spiiler]
>>
>>336263883
There's a gate to the right of Nue's entrance. That is where you'll find the second shrine in the area.

Nue attacks:
Lighting - Simply run around avoid obstructions. Don't even need to sprint. Or, hide under the roof of the entrance.
Lighting spray - Run to his left and beat on his face while he's doing it
Charge/Tumble - Avoid because lightning falls behind him
Poison gas - Run behind him as his tail readies
Swipes - Dodge away
Charge - Dodge left or right and wail on his belly while on the ground.
>>
>>336263527
>complaining about the dwellers, ninja and one eyed ones
Oh right nevermind you're another one that doesn't use the stance system.
>>
>try out co-op
>rush through the level slicing niggers in half left and right
>don't look at host for a second
>he ran off on his own into a group of 2 enemies
>gets killed in 2 fucking seconds

How's that even possible?
>>
>>336264135
When are you finding the time to kick the ninjas? I've counted and they're never more than 1 mississippi before relocating.

And they hit extremely hard.

BTW, dwellers are bullshit. Stop making them seem like nothing. Grabs into grabs into grabs. You think I haven't been stabbing them when they're grounded or doing high stance light heavy when they're upright? They just suck.
>>
>>336264272
Sacrifice trash items to the manlets, they shower you with healing items
>>
>>336260496
Body and Heart is ridiculously strong. Not only does it affect HP and Stamina, but it's also the main stat for most spears and katanas. Though that being said it seemed like you wanted to invest in several skills. I just didn't touch the bottom two that were for ninjutsu and magic, though.
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27 KB, 645x773
Man i think PvP would actually be kind of interesting in this game, considering how important ki management is, and how you can't just spam attacks until you're out of ki.

But then again, maybe everyone would just be running around using low stance and just evade everything and literally be as hard to catch as a fly
>>
>>336264575
skill raises Ki more than heart -- and also raise katana damage, so even if you don't want skills it seems nice to me
>>
Skill and Strength are just stats for armor and weapons.

Body, Heart, Dex, and Magic are stats for damage.
>>
How do I advance from here?
>>
>>336264272
I did have times I wished I could heal more, but at the same time I feel like the lack of healing items forces you to adapt sooner. You have to learn how to fight things since you'll never progress if you get hit all the time and need to go back to the shrine to refill.
>>
I give up.

I can't beat Nue. I've even summoned 12 people and all of these shitlords died seconds after the fight started.
>>
>>336264345
Don't care. Fuck enemies that don't stagger. Least rewarding shit in games. The very definition of damage sponges.
>>
>>336264495
>When are you finding the time to kick the ninjas?
Every time they are done with one of their stupid ballerina twirls? One slash, kick, Ki-Dodge out and watch out for his next move. Easiest thing in the book.

>Grabs into grabs into grabs
But those are so easy to avoid. They basically go "HOL UP HOL UP, IMAH GRAB YOU NOW NIG" with how much start up animation the grabs have.
>>
>>336264496
Thanks
>>
>>336264837
Look left.
>>336264867
>calling others shitlords when you're summoning for help
I hope I got baited.
>>
>>336264837
To the left over the roofs. Do you even into exploration?
>>
>>336264837
Left you donut, theres a ladder.
>>
>>336264837
Climb across the roofs, there should be a ladder near the big sword samurai.
>>
>>336264776
Pretty much all the axes/hammers I found had B scaling in strength.
>>
>>336264837
it's just tiny flames, not lava

roll through
>>
File: Distraction Body Nicole Mejia 2.jpg (520 KB, 1168x791) Image search: [Google]
Distraction Body Nicole Mejia 2.jpg
520 KB, 1168x791
>>336264745
PVP would suck hard in this.

Katana Mid Stance Heavy attack is high damage, low start up, low recovery frames, spammable

And yes, the Low Stance dodging would be insufferable.
>>
So are Ki Pulses the R1 to refill the stamina? Or is it the Katana triangle ender? Either way i tried both against yokai gates and neither of them got rid of it, only having onmyo activated would get rid of it for me.
>>
>>336264495
The oni ninja backflip after most of their attack, you have enough time to straight up high stance them if you want. Just keep a distance from them.
>dwellers are bullshit
Have you tried just not swinging first? Stepping around behind them? Hitting them and ducking out the moment they start to swing?
>>
>>336264893
> he doesn't use low or high stance on the crawlers
> he doesn't use low stance on ninja oni for the fastest hit and kick combo in the game
> he doesn't low stance rape cyclops before they can tongue steal amrita
>>
>>336264901
Stop responding to me. I just realized you're a sloth spamming fag.
>>
>>336264837
Be very quick about running through the flames.
>>
>>336265093
>go around the entire area
>lately realize could just go through flames
just
>>
>>336265103
KI Pulse is R1 while the partiles are around you.

Perfect pulses are R1 when they're closest to William, causing a big PULSE that clears Yokai gates.
>>
>>336265103
You need to do a "Perfect Reload" for the Ki Pulse to remove the miasma.

>>336265223
Keep telling yourself that, I donĀ“t even know what Sloth truly does since all I ever leveled was Body and Heart.
>>
>>336265103
You have to do a perfect Ki Pulse, as in wait until the white bar goes to the end of the gray one.
>>
This game is really fun to play. It's not Dark Souls, it has more moves and the enemies take a lot of your health, while Stamina goes down really fast if you don't know how to control yourself.

Fun idea they had. The game isn't hard, it just requires you to not spam attacks like an idiot.
>>
>>336265101
Yea this, give me a coop battle arena or something if anything, I dont want the game to start worrying about pvp balance, just keep the combat as it is. Pvp balance potentially fucking ruins games because you cant have cool shit, you have to have shit that is fair.
>>
This game is piss easy for DSP
>it's harder than soulsborne games!
you wish.
>>
>>336265375
with that onymou thing that regain Ki and Ki Pulsing on top, it hardly ran out for me -- by the end I was spamming like a madman and never stopping

it was just about knowing what I was doing
>>
I just beat the cat.
Once I learned his attacks he was easy as shit compared to that cat in the DS2 DLC.
Also I can confirm dodges have iframes.
>>
This game is too hard, still at the beginning after 2 hours
>>
>>336264940
I'm not the shitter that dies within seconds. These faggots just wasted my cups.
>>
File: 1462211948213.gif (2 MB, 275x319) Image search: [Google]
1462211948213.gif
2 MB, 275x319
>>336265375
>it just requires you to not spam attacks like an idiot.

Every fibre in my body objects strenuously
>>
>>336265495
>tfw barely walk anymore and just doing successive dodge, then attacking again, and still not running out
>>
>>336265438
Reminder: DSP mathematically proves that Ni-Oh is more difficult. He died 16.6 times per level in Dark Souls 3, whereas he died 20 times in the first stage of Ni-Oh's demo.
>>
>>336265543
Just spam X and get to the enemy's back then hit a few times then run away for a bit.

Don't summon revenants till you get armor.
>>
>>336265223
>these enemies are bullshit
>that's not true have you tried these strategies against them they work fine
>no way I bet you use this OTHER strategy I know about that works yet I refuse to use even though you didn't mention it and it would be effective as well
Listen to yourself man. This is not how a samurai acts.
>>
>>336265546
Just kill Nue yourself what's wrong?
>>
>>336264745
>>336265101
I think it'd be fine. To attack you first gotta stop dodging, so it'd boil down to predicting your enemy movements and responding to them accordingly, which I dont think is bad.
Heavy weapons would kinda suck, maybe, but meh, PvP balance should not be a priority.
>>336265435
Eh, it can be okay as a side gimmick like in DeS.
Just avoid gamebreaking exploits.
>>
>oriental game
>blue eyes
>blond hair
>squared face shape
>>
>>336265651
How can you spam attacks if everything dies in 1 hit? :^)
>>
>>336265684
And how much did he die on the second stage? Probably two or three times. Average of 11 deaths per level. easy game
>>
>>336264481
>how's that possible?

Because you die in two hits, dumb dumb
>>
>>336265707
What do you get from beating reverants?
>>
>>336265546
But you're a shitter that needs to summon people. You have absolutely no room to criticize others.
>>
>>336265797
PVP is shit game design and should not be in games that aren't PVP focused from the outset.

It's that simple. As it stands, NIOH would have a horrible PVP experience.
>>
>>336265925
A chance for them to drop their equipment and some combat practice.
>>
File: drake-video-01_0[1].jpg (86 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
drake-video-01_0[1].jpg
86 KB, 612x380
Give me one (1) good reason to make they made the experience system just like souls.
>>
>>336265925
They're not worth fighting. They're incredibly spammy/turtly bastards.
>>
>>336265925
Armor and weapons.
>>
>>336266101
start making sense first
>>
>>336266148
>They're not worth fighting. They're incredibly spammy/turtly bastards.
They're absolutely worth fighting. The same difficulty as normal mobs but they give more amrita and potentially better drops. There's also normally tons of them so it's easy to farm them.
>>
>>336265347
Man, fuck this shit game. Is it really not enough to be forced to r1after every fucking attack? You have to do it at just the right moment as well?

Shit game. Literally just an attempt to make a harder souls game.
>>
>>336266165
One good reason you die you lose all your amrita if you die before retrieving it on the place you died.

Give one good reason they couldn't be more original about this game overall and had to copy the overall design from souls.
>>
>>336265925
Mostly useless stuff. The one exception is the revenants with the red names. These are actually NPCs put there by the developpers, and some of them drop a good weapon + a whole armor set.
>>
>>336266035
>NIOH would have a horrible PVP experience
Why?
>>
>>336266101
>>336266378
>souls was the first game to punish you for dying
>>
>>336266345
>The same difficulty as normal mobs
Wrong.

As someone said earlier, revenants have access to excellent moves they can spam that enemies do not.

All my best gear came off of human/yokai drops and not from Revenants. The risk/reward simply isn't there for fighting revenants.

Extremely inefficient way of getting Amrita too.
>>
>>336266035
seem like it'd work to me as long as you don't make staggering / KI draining as pronounced as on regular enemies
>>
>>336266365
Idk, the window to perform the key pulse is pretty big anon, if you do it right after your animation ends instead of spamming r1 like a retard you're good to go
>>
>>336266365
Nah, it's just Ninja Gaiden with Souls framework.

And by perfect timing I mean "when the particles flash near William". It's ridiculously easy to do.

And KI pulsing after combos to speed up stamina regen will become second nature, especially since you get more if you stance switch during the pulse.
>>
>>336266447

The punishment isn't the unoriginal part, it's the method that is completely unoriginial.

Thus your post is not an argument.
>>
>>336266378
do you really think souls invented that system or something?

we were doing almost exactly that even in Diablo 2 16 years ago, and I assume other games did it before it too
>>
>>336266485
>As someone said earlier, revenants have access to excellent moves they can spam that enemies do not.
Completely irrelevant. If revenants are noticeably harder than regular mobs then you're probably a shitter. You can just keep your distance and poke them with ease without ever getting hit. Occasionally they'll dodge your attack so I guess that's the only way they're "harder" than all the other enemies.
>>
File: Guess I got brain problems.jpg (21 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
Guess I got brain problems.jpg
21 KB, 278x400
I don't know, it feels like a shittier Ninja Gaiden
Maybe the game just isn't for me
>>
>>336266637
You don't do nothing like that in diablo 2 lad.
Nothing like it.
>>
>>336266378
They did a nice touch with the Guardian Spirit mechanic.
>>
>>336266498
It wouldn't really work, not with the mechanics as they currently exist. We also don't have a good guard break move (or any, IIRC).

William does very poorly against hyper evasive enemies, even with shit like Low Stance's Heaven's Flash.
>>
this souls clone is totally different from souls games you guys
>>
>>336266637
Game is too old so it doesn't count.

Thus your post is not an argument.
>>
>>336266529
The only way to do it is to spam it. Im not gonna be able to keep track of how many fucking inches the blue orbs are away from me when Im trying to dodge 3 enemies charging me at once.
>>
the logo is explicitly made to look like a bonfire
>>
>>336266731
>die
>have to go get back your stuff
that's what D2 did, how is it different? except it dropped more stuff including your gears
>>
>>336266672
>you're a shitter
Considering I stomp I every other enemy in the game? No.

You sound like someone who's never actually fought a Revenant that will spend a better part of a minute Low Stance dodging fucking everything. And let's not talk about the blatant input reading.
>>
>>336266852
You can watch the bar to see when the timing is and then get used to it so you can focus on other things. It's really not that complicated.
>>
>>336266852
Then this game is not for you. It demands skill, precision, and attention.

If DSP can master it, so can you.
>>
>>336266852
I wasn't even thinking about it by the end, it's just something I do after every combos
>>
>>336266873
Gear != experience points

Experience points is Souls, having something over it to reclaim it is Souls

Just so much on this game is ripped off Souls it's not even interesting to play

Be more original for fucks sake
>>
>>336266852
You don't really have to ki pulse at all, and you can simply not fight in the black circles. They're just tools available if you choose to use them.

What I ended up doing was switching to low stance to clear black circles, since I could hit once and dodge to get out a perfect ki pulse very quickly.
>>
>>336266909
I kill revenants with the extremely slow high stance axe with no problem. I have even less trouble if I use the spear or the katana. Just learn how to deal with them and stop complaining
>>
>>336267075
it's more like a currency than experience

you just happen to be able to buy stats with it
>>
>>336266909
>I don't struggle with X so that means I'm not a shitter
If revenants are giving you trouble then you're a shitter. Period.

I wish there was some sort of counter that would tell you how many revenants you've beaten. I'd like to say I'm nearing 100. Unfortunately I only came across 8 or 9 golden ones. Grab a katana and use mid stance triangle or grab a spear and use high stance square. As long as you're patient and don't get greedy you will shit on every single revenant.
>>
>>336267075
You drop gold when you die in D2, you also lose experience on higher difficulties when they die.
>>
File: 1462157286236.jpg (58 KB, 808x137) Image search: [Google]
1462157286236.jpg
58 KB, 808x137
did /v/ equip a weapon or try to punch the first thing they seen in the face?
>>
>>336267668
IIRC you don't recover the exp if you die

That's a different type of punishment than that of souls, though not original to diablo
>>
>>336267868
I parried the first guy with my bare fists.
>>
>>336267868
I stood where you start and was trying out the buttons, one took me to the inventory so I equipped the sword. Do people seriously not play around with the buttons when they start a game?
>theres an guy there, I guess I have to kill him
>wait which button is to attack?
>ded
>game is bullshit! Too hard
How do these people even find their way out of their mothers womb.
>>
>>336267868
My first death was to a revenant. I think my second was to the axe dude on the beach. My third was up in the village somewhere.

To answer your question I looked at all the menus and tested buttons and shit before moving much from the starting area because I've played a video games before in my life and I'm not a retard.
>>
>>336267868
Some people are a powerful kind of retarded.
>>
>>336267868
>tfw just fell into the bottomless abyss by venturing slightly into the water before seeing the first enemy
felt bad

just give me some hydra to go with that
>>
>>336267868
I worried that I might have to brawl my way to a sword but then the katana was literally the first thing you pick up
>>
>>336268149
>people in every thread whining about a tutorial
What's so hard about pushing a button and seeing what it does for yourself? It's like they think they'll die in real life or something.
>>
>>336266852
You can literally just press it after your attack animation ends and you'll be fine
>>
File: 1366109148893.gif (2 MB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1366109148893.gif
2 MB, 250x245
>>336268170
>watch flatmate play it
>starts game
>"can I go in the water?"
>immediately dies
>"for fuck sake"
Hadnt laughed that hard in ages.
>>
File: jump.jpg (174 KB, 768x864) Image search: [Google]
jump.jpg
174 KB, 768x864
>>336268340
well, Ki Pulse could use some more proper explanation

there was a note about it, but kinda obscure if you don't look it up
>>
File: kadse.jpg (12 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
kadse.jpg
12 KB, 211x212
>Axe skill
>"Increases Ki consumption of high stance attacks by 10%"
This is a typo, right? Otherwise, why would you ever put points into that?

And no, it doesn't say Ki damage, it says Ki consumption. Open the skill menu and look for yourself if you don't believe me.
>>
>>336268463
I remember wondering why I kept finding bloodstains marked "drowned" when the water was only waist high, wondering if you could get knocked down and drown.

Then I went the wrong way around a wrecked boat. Had a pretty good giggle
>>
>>336268340
Those retards are the reason we get forced fucking tutorials in games. They think they're too good for tutorials and skip them, then they whine about the game being obtuse.

The solution to devs is to make tutorials forced and unskippable.

>>336268594

This guy is almost an example. When I get a popup saying a note has been added to my tutorial I fucking pause and check it out. This guy probably didn't and then he was confused about ki pulsing.
>>
>>336268697
You sure it does not mean Ki Damage to your enemies?
I am pretty sure it does, because every weapon and stance have four of these Ki skills.
>>
>>336268845
But then it would actually say Ki damage, like it does on every single other skill of that type, it says Ki consumption though.
>>
>>336268778
thing is that even if you read the note, it's not all that clear
>>
So why is Geralt a ninja now
>>
>>336269003
>>336268778
..the note is also easily missable if you go the other path

could end up at the boss without knowing before you started backtracking for exploration
>>
>>336269091
Because you haven't killed yourself yet so he became an assassin to finish the job
>>
What is the best element and why is it thunder? What is the best guardian and why is it the bird?
>>
>>336268986
That's what it means, the translation is just piss poor. A lot of the villager dialogue has horrendous translations, the menu is a bit better but still has some holes.

>>336269003
If you say so. Between the note and the amrita tutorial or whatever I realized it was just a reskinned active reload.

>>336269126
The items on the ground glow pretty distinctly. I won't say there's no chance of you missing it, but if you do then you're probably not putting much effort into exploring.
>>
>Kill an enemy
>Now kill 2 enemies together
>Now kill 3 enemies together
>Now get ganked by like 5 fucking enemies of which 3 are wielding axes with infinite poise who never get staggered ever

This is gayer than Dark Souls 3. You can't even lure them out either because they're hidden around a corner and as soon as you step around you aggro them all.
>>
>>336269326
I went up the lighted path myself first (with more enemies), so I ended up at the locked gate and continued from there

the ki pulse note wasn't on that path, doesn't matter if it glows if it's not there

so the tutorial item is on an optional route, I think that's a kinda poor location choice

sure I found it later when I went back to explore, but that was kinda late
>>
>>336269326
>That's what it means, the translation is just piss poor.

But it does say KI DAMAGE on every other type of skill, why would it be different on that one specifically? And consumption and damage are 2 completely different words, especially in japanese..
>>
>>336269305
Okami or go home, nigga always got my back when hacking fuckin nips apart.
I actually need to experiment with different animals, all I ever did so far was a pure Katana playthrough
>>
>>336269497
You can lure them out, though, even if you donĀ“t have a bow you can still lock on to them and throw stones/kunais.
>>
>>336268149
My first death was to gravity.
I wanted to see if the game would let me go into the deep water and die like Dark Souls or if it has a bullshit invisible wall.

I was pleased.
>>
>>336269574
PEBKAC error
>>
Is there any chance these areas will be in the final game?
>>
>>336269497
That's because you're supposed to go the other way and then flank them and fight them 1 on 1. Doing them early is optional hard mode

Idk why people are so dense. "This is bullshit, i'll go the other way first" is literally the most basic shit in exploration.
>>
>>336269497

You can lure them out using the fucking stones that they give you a million of you fucking faggot. I learned this after the 5 of them gangbanged me the first time because of the ambush. After that, I just threw stones at each of them individually. Or you can go in from the backside from the hill drop down path. You are NEVER required to fight a huge cluster of enemies and the game gives you the tools to approach things successfully.
>>
>>336269574
it's just a description mistake, it obviously doesn't actually do that

typically that they copy/paste entry then edit them, they just missed that one -- not surprising of an alpha demo
>>
>>336269574
I don't know man. Tell you what. Go into options, turn on display numbers. Attack once. Buy the skill. Attack again. I guarantee you're not spending more ki in the second case. From there we can assume that it's a piss poor translation.

>>336269562
I'd rather leave some children behind than force the quick ones to go at the pace of the slow ones personally. I'm sure the full game will have a slightly more forced tutorial though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.