[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, I bought a 2DS some time ago for pokemon Y and Omega Ruby.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
File: 2ds.jpg (243 KB, 1500x1410) Image search: [Google]
2ds.jpg
243 KB, 1500x1410
/v/, I bought a 2DS some time ago for pokemon Y and Omega Ruby. Now that I have realised they are not very good, my 2DS is gathering dust in my cupboard.

So, what are you favorite games for the 3DS? Give me a synopsis and why you like them.
>>
>>336247879
Rune factory 4. It's good, fun and cute.
>>
try smt 4, monhun 4 or x, some etrian odyssey, basically any game is good
>>
>>336247879
Most 3DS games are shit honestly. I would sell mine, but I'm waiting for SMT. Otherwise, try SMT4.

I can't really recommend anything that isnt already ported or an N64 game really. I think the 3DS is one of those libraries that you can never touch and not miss out on anything in gaming or otherwise.
>>
I've enjoyed Stella Glow, and there's some of Circle Ent.'s games that are on sale now that are fun too (Legend of the Dark Witch is one).
>>
Try some other JRPGs if you bought the platform for Pokemon.
SMT4 is a good start, especially with its sequel coming out.
>>
>>336248351
I second this anon. The rest of the 3ds library is pretty shitty, I regret wasting my time installing an asston of games with cfw only to be disappointed.
>>
I'm prob gonna buy a 2DS for SMT games, and a pokemon game for power outages (I've played through blue/red/yellow on gameboy a billion times during outtages).

They're only 90 dollars new on Amazon now.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 367x451
>he bought a 2DS
>>
>>336247879
A Link Between Worlds is great. Tri Force Heroes too, especially if you like co-op (and have friends with 3DS's; I don't know if people still play a lot online). In Europe both games are pretty cheap.

Bravely Default is very good and I'd recommend it if you like FFT and FF5.

Also, quite a few good to great games have demos on the eshop, so that you could judge for yourself if they are for you beforehand (Bravely Default, RE Revelations etc.).
>>
File: 1458762746624.jpg (114 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1458762746624.jpg
114 KB, 500x667
Man the quality drop off and momentum died down super fast. Third parties really don't give a shit.

I remember getting Eevelations with my 3DS thinking it was the baseline for newer portable games, and well get more awesome horror games and general variety. Nope.

Just kids games, ports, underwhelming sequels to console games, and just really uninspired titles. Like the DS had Ghost Trick, all those Castlevania games, Shantae, Square support, etc. But no one gave a shit past its second year.

It just became a platform of low budget, safe titles and its unfortunate.
>>
>>336249364
Tri force heroes is awful. Don't even. Bravely Default is also really mediocre, you should inform him of it at least.
>>
>>336247879
>v/, I bought a 2DS some time ago for pokemon Y and Omega Ruby.
You need to be 18 to visit this site.
>>
File: 1461662857711.jpg (4 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
1461662857711.jpg
4 MB, 3120x4160
>>336247879
Hack it and play Beyond the Labyrinth and Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby already has the english language in it, just play it on an american 3DS for english text.
>>
>>336249797
Most people on this site buy Nintendo handhelds for animal crossing or pokemon. Mostly casuals and nostalgia fags.
>>
>>336249642
>Tri force heroes is awful.

I enjoyed it a lot and put over 70 hours into it. You obviously don't like co-op games. I told him that I'd recommend it if he likes co-op games.

Also, I gave him the advice to try free demos to judge for himself. A lot of people seem to forget that many games have demos on the eshop.
>>
>>336249526
THIS. Sony gave up on handhelds and with how much Nintendo is pushing his mobiles games this is the end for proper handhelds. The 3ds will be the last then its all mobile
>>
>>336249957
No one liked tri force heroes, even with coop.
>>
File: 1448148506370.png (109 KB, 3750x3750) Image search: [Google]
1448148506370.png
109 KB, 3750x3750
>zeldas
>monster hunters
>fire emblems
>shin megami tenseis
>etrian odysseys
>rune factory 4
>rhythm heaven
>taiko drum master
>>
>DS and PSP are the 2 greatest handhelds of all time
>3DS has 3 games and Vita has 1
Where did it all go wrong? Is it smartphones? It's smartphones, isn't it?
>>
>>336252348
What are the 3 games for the 3ds?
>>
>>336247879
Get SMTIV, it's got great music and the best atmosphere I've seen in a game since Metroid Prime
>>
>>336252536
Pokemon, monster hunter, cooking mama
>>
>>336248628
True and it's frustrating because clearly, New 3DS is my sexiest console.

Anyway: favorites are in no particular order:
- Shovel Knight
- Resident Evil Revelations
- NES Remix
- Persona Q
- Devl Survivor
- Soul Hackers

It seems like Bravely Default is okay aswell.

But there is definitely a great lack of interesting titles for a more mature audience.
>>
>>336253251
Handhelds really are the wrong format if you want mature games for mature gayhmurs. There is no audience for that in the handheld userbase, which mostly consists of kids, weebs and people who want more fun and gamey games. Big boy gayhmurs are all on Playstation, Xbox and PC.
>>
>>336253803
I'm not asking for XCOM or Dark Souls here.

I have a PSP and the library way better.
>>
>>336249053
They're like 40 bucks bro
>>
>>336253251
Considering we're listing favorites:
>Kid Icarus Uprising
>Fire Emblem: Anya Oukoku
>Monster Hunter X
>Kirby Planet Robobot
>Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
>Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
>Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
These aren't in any particular order, but I'm surprised you don't have KI:U on that list, you should definitely try it, possibly the objectively best game on the 3DS
>>
>>336255775
I've been hesitating a lot about KI:U.

If you say it's worth it, then I'll get it.

I still have the original NES cart and I didn't enjoy it too much, though, but I reckon it's a completely different game now.
>>
>>336247879
Just sell it and get it over with.
>>
>>336255987
It's more akin to Rachet 'n' Clank now, but with a rail shooter segment at the start of each level and locked to one weapon per level. It's pretty good and the controls really accentuate the game making it much more fast paced considering you can change your aim at the flick of a stick.
>>
File: olympiaeo31.jpg (235 KB, 850x907) Image search: [Google]
olympiaeo31.jpg
235 KB, 850x907
>>336247879
>Etrian Odyssey series (excellent all around dungeon crawler)
>Kirby Triple Deluxe (makes great use of the 3D and is a fun Kirby game in general.)
>Persona Q (a really easy but fun Etrian odyssey game)
>Legend of Legacy (BRUTAL difficulty and fun gameplay)
>Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (great story, SRPG that isn't shit for once, added triangulum storyline)
Plenty of good stuff coming out this year too (actually looking to be one of the best lineups in years).
Oh and don't forget to go get your Darkrai even if you aren't playing Pokemon that much.
>>
Adding in DS too

DS -> 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors- easily one of the best game stories I've ever experienced. Sickest twist in gaming. 20 bucks or something on Amazon.

Get its sequel Virtue's Last Reward on 2DS afterwards. Skipping 999 is NOT an option

The World Ends With You -> Innovative, creative, stylish JRPG

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey -> Hard as balls dungeon crawler
>>
File: WIN_20160502_23_38_24_Pro.jpg (106 KB, 762x674) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160502_23_38_24_Pro.jpg
106 KB, 762x674
>>336256427
The biggest problem I will add is how hard it is to get a hard copy now considering you also get some cool cards and the feeling of having a physical edition of your games is something a lot of people need
>>
>>336247879
Hey, I just downgraded my n3ds to 9.2 from 10.5, I used a 16gb card I had before because it already had menuhax. Can I change my SD card to another one (bigger) to put my games in?
>>
>>336256756
shit, sent early

Shin Megami Tensei IV -> Gentle entry into mainline Shin Megami Tensei, nowhere as difficult as the others (and is far more convenient in many respects) but still an amazingly designed JRPG mechanics wise.
>>
>>336257053

Well yeah, if you made emunand yet you'll want to copy that.
>>
File: disappointment.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>336256759
>tfw got a free digital copy from the shutdown last year
>never will have the stand or the cards from it
At least I have a series 2 pack (and 3 card promo) from the penultimate NP issue.
>>
>>336257168
To be honest I'm still following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading), I'm at 18.

Reinstall menuhax using browserhax and the HomeBrew Launcher (you do not need to reconfigure, just press install in menuhax_manager)

I had menuhax I used on 10.5, is it safe to reinstall it using the same files or do I have to get different files to install it on 9.2?
>>
>>336257053
Yeah, just make the emunand partition again. Not really rocket science to be honest.
>>
>>336257552

The same files should be fine, you just need to install it again.
>>
>>336257623
I'm sorry for being ignorant, what is emunand and how do I do it? Copy the EmuNAND directory from my 16gb card to the 32gb?
>>
Kirby Triple Deluxe and Robobot are awesome.
I'm honestly having moderate fun with Fire Emblem Fates, too. Rhythm Tengoku Best Plus is awesome and is coming out in english if you don't want to play in japanese.
And Smash, still playing it
>>
>>336257103
DESU, I have many Shin Megami tensei games on DS, 3DS, PSP and even PS2 and I love them but I never ever finished one. They are all endlessly long and tend to get dull afterwhile.
>>
File: IMG_20160502_235058.jpg (2 MB, 2756x2824) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_235058.jpg
2 MB, 2756x2824
>>336257330
The stand is shit, but the cards were neat.
>>
>>336257916
I believe the guide tells you which program to use, also back-up your SD card before you set out to do this, for obvious reasons
>>
>>336247879
Just bought Shantae and the pirate's curse in Humble Bundle and its pretty awesome. Check it out, anon.
>>
>>336258201
Thanks anon.
>>
>>336247879
Didn't read the thread, but Fire Emblem Awakening is very nice, you should try it.
>>
>>336257916

Emunand is a 1GB~2GB hidden partition at the start of your SD card. It's a copy of the 3DS's internal memory, you boot CFW on there and do all your modification there to prevent bricks.
If your SD card's total space is significantly computer according to your computer compared to the label, that's why.

Use this tool.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/
>>
>>336258365

>If your SD card's total space is significantly smaller according to your computer compared to the label, that's why.

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking there.
>>
>>336258098
Is the stand shit? I've never seen it in use.
Yeah I love the KIU cards. Never opened the series 2 pack though
>>
>>336258758
It's basically for babies who sit down at a table while playing video games, the average person would use his pinky to support the 3DS while playing this
>>
>>336247879
Stella Glow. I enjoyed it for the story, characters and music. The gameplay seems easy for those who often play SRPGs but for someone like me who rarely ever plays the genre, it was at an alright difficulty.
>>
File: 1441574427620.jpg (23 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1441574427620.jpg
23 KB, 232x197
>>336249526
>It just became a platform of low budget, safe titles and its unfortunate.
This, unfortunately.
>>
>>336258884
Ah. Well I don't feel too bad about it then (and considering there was a thing where you could order a replacement for $5 anyway). It sounds hilariously useless.
>>
>>336249815
>Beyond the Labyrinth
Got a CIA for this?
>>
New kirby game is way better than Triple Deluxe
Both Mario & Luigi games are good. Dream Team has unlockable hard mode and Paper Jam has several improvements like fastforward during dialogue scenes and replaced waggle controls with regular input.
IMO the Mario Golf game is the best one to date, there's pretty much a never-ending supply of tournaments online.
Smash 4 is solid and I wish the Wii U was the version with Smash Run. Great if you want to play the game on the go, not so great if you own the Wii U version.
For puzzles, all three pushmo games are great.
Rune Factory 4
Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
The definitive version of DQVII
DQVIII port as well
Rhythm Heaven
all the newest Monster Hunter games
4 Fire Emblem games.
Bravely Default is good, but not for the story or amount of content. If you like experimenting with classes and ability combinations, and refighting the same bosses in harder fights where the bosses all team up with each other, it's great. Basically, the appeal is breaking the game. I'd call it limited though, there are combinations that beat out everything else and there's no reason to experiment a lot.

Don't let ANYONE convince you to get Senran Kagura Burst. The 3DS game is garbage where all you do is mash Y.

my personal favorite is 3D Streets of Rage 2, but that's just because Streets of Rage 2 was already my favorite game.

The library could be more impressive, I think a big problem is a lot of solid indie games like Shantae, Mighty Switch Force, and Shovel Knight were all released on every other platform afterwards.
DS library is better, mostly i use it to play DS games on R4i Gold 3DS.
>>
Fuck, now that I'm on 9.2 I can't seem to get browserhax to work, I remember on 9.6 and 10.5 it always worked on the first try.
>>
>>336263052
Did you hit initialize save data in browser settings?
>>
Why are New 3DS's still so much? Should I wait for E3 to see if these bastards slash the price?
>>
>>336259260
>>336258884
>>336258758
The stand is an indispensable tool for playing the game. I remember when the game came out there were so many people complaining about wrist pain from playing for extended periods or the controls being bad, and none of those people had even considered using the stand.
IMO it's a lot more comfortable than using your stylus hand pinky to hold up the other side. Circle Pad movement is pretty aggressive and if any game is going to wear it out and make it feel loose it is this game.
>>
>>336263246
There isn't "initialize save data in browser settings", there is:

- search engine
- delete cookies
- reset save data
- network information

I tried deleting cookies and resetting save data, nothing works yet.
>>
>>336263519
>gamestop selling them for 185 at beginning of the year
>get paid biweekly and just paid bills
>week later they bump it back up to 200
I was pretty mad
>>
>>336263612
now i feel bad thanks anon
>>
>>336263723
Try doing everything here from step 3 to step 9.
>>
>>336263723
>>336264069
Forgot link https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
>>
>>336263856
I don't think it's important enough that you should feel bad about not getting one, though. I'm just saying any method that will stabilize the system more than just using your wrists will probably be a lot more comfortable.
>>
>>336247879
I went and got the DS Castlevania games to play on it. Also lots of eShop games like Shantae, Shovel Knight and 3D Out Run.

Also Star Fox 64 3D. That game is perfect for short toilet sessions.
>>
>>336264434
I mean I usually play KIU while lying on a bed so I don't have problems but I feel bad that I missed out on the stand from the game. Not that bad though since the game was free from Club Nintendo.
>>
>>336264526
>toilet sessions
this, also bed
>>
>>336264171
Did everything, put everything again on the folder, I think its just luck, some guys said it took them hours to get it to work once...
>>
>>336247879
Rhythm Thief is a great rhythm game with style similiar to Professor Layton series. You can get it for half a eShop price in the latest Humble Bundle. Oh, and you'll also get Shantae and the Pirate Curse with it. Sure, you could've played it on PC already but who knows? It's a great game. Short but fun.
>>
>>336263612
Nice try Sakurai
>>
>>336264171
I finally got to the homebrew launcher but I don't see any menuhax_manager application, just the region free launcher option. What do?
>>
>>336267689

There's no 3ds folder on your SD card, is there?
>>
>>336264171
I found my error kind anon.

I was using the browserhax robpin of version 10.5, I changed it to the 9.2 version and it worked like magic first try.

Thanks for helping me anon.
>>
>>336267813
Yeah...
I took everything out but the starter pack after failing to connect to homebrew many times and then it worked. I guess I'll have to keep trying with the 3ds folder
>>
>>336247879
Hack it
Download all the games you want
Sell your pokemon games for money
???
Profit
>>
Mm3d
AC hhd
AC nl
Azure striker
Shantae
Triforce heroes

That's it!
>>
>>336247879
Good games. I'm not writing you a synopsis
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.