[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright I avoided online discussion until I had finished the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: groundcontrol to major tom.jpg (845 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
groundcontrol to major tom.jpg
845 KB, 1920x1200
Alright I avoided online discussion until I had finished the main game. This game fills me with a childlike wonder and joy I haven't felt in a long while. It accomplished the task of being a satisfying entry into the StarFox SNES/StarFox N64 line. I really enjoyed it and I'm putting it on my To Complete List.
>>
I'm happy you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying it too.
>>
>>336240258
It's Star Fox 64 in HD, it's beyond me why some people had a negative reaction towards it. The controls are piss easy, even when I let my autistic nephew play he got it down after his second run of corneria(the first level)
>>
>>336240258
>It accomplished the task of being a satisfying entry into the StarFox SNES/StarFox N64 line
It's not a line, more like a single point. Star Fox Zero is a literal HD remake of SF64 which was itself a remake of Star Fox 1.

anything cool in Zero was undoubtedly thanks to Platinum.
>>
>>336242052
The controls do have their issues though, like barrel roll being mapped to left/right on the right stick, and the fact that you can't toggle off the somersault/180 stick controls.

The game lacks content, and relies on All Range mode too much. The branching paths were clearly an afterthought, and part of the reason for the delay, but even so there's no real excuse for how they turned out.
>>
>>336240258
Nigga knows what's up. Only problem is the battery life of the controller. This is seriously becoming one of my favourite games. I want more Star Fox games and most importantly, keep the motion controls.
>>
>>336246093
Barrel rolling isn't an issue to me. I got used to it.

All range mode is great too.
>>
File: 1461923624545.png (108 KB, 213x337) Image search: [Google]
1461923624545.png
108 KB, 213x337
spread
>>
>>336242052
>It's Star Fox 64 in HD

I don't know why people keep saying this. Outside of having most of the same planet names, it's completely different.
>>
My only problem is using the right stick to barrel roll. I have trouble double tapping it.
>>
>>336249267
If you hold the opposite direction and flick the stick the other way it also works
>>
>>336249695
Didn't know that. Thanks, friend.
>>
>>336240258
Same, I started with the simple controls but moved over to the more advanced ones, it alongside Pharaoh Rebirth are currently gunning for my fave game of the year so far.
For the record I'm still not done with all the Souls games and FE Awakening so I've not played the DS3 or the new FE's.
Over all this was my fave in the series or at least up there with 64.
>>
The order 1886 + nostalgia = its okay?
>>
>>336246093
I can understand being disappointed in not having more corridor sections, but to me the all range mode content in this game is a highlight, particularly with the new controls, which make SF64's all range mode very antiquated.

The bosses, starships, ability to transform at will, and especially the dogfights with Star Wolf are all excellent. The Ace Combat games never had dogfights as exhilarating as this. Aiming out the side window and tracking your target really puts me in the moment, and it's so fluid and intuitive in a way that wouldn't be possible without the motion control.

I agree with you on the U-turn/loop stick controls and branching paths.
>>
I just think it's strange that you still sorta need the TV as well as the gamepad screen to view tighter angles. I had a similar problem with wonderful101. The game is otherwise excellent
>>
>>336251367
all range Landmaster was one of the best parts about this game.
>>
>>336249695
If this turns out to be true, you'll be my hero.
>>
>>336251897
I'm so bad at handling the Landmaster, though the Gravmaster helps a lot. I have a hard time orienting and spacing myself from the Titania and Fichina bosses.

Personally, I prefer the air. Even the Gyrowing; Zoness is actually one of my favorite missions. The controls make perfect sense for a VTOL vehicle and were a natural fit for a flight-sim-playing guy like me.
>>
File: AfterBurner2_(12b).png (19 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
AfterBurner2_(12b).png
19 KB, 640x448
>>336252398
I can corroborate that anon's tip. It works just like AfterBurner.
>>
>>336242052
>It's Star Fox 64 in HD, it's beyond me why some people had a negative reaction towards it
Bull.

The main appeal of Star Fox 64 is that it's pure fucking rail shooting. It rarely moves away from that and even when it does it spends little time and the changes aren't huge.

It's a game about purely fucking rail shooting and it excels at it.

Zero is not that and spends way too much time on other bullshit that isn't rail shooting. I like Zero, I think it's a good game. But it is NOT just "64 in HD".
>>
I didn't have as much trouble with the controls as some faggots did, but it still doesn't feel quite right.
Kid Icarus style stylus controls may have made it more tactile, but then you'd get the same fags complaining still.
>>
I beat the main game yesterday. Is the arcade mode like Star Fox 64 where you have to beat it all in one straight shot? I might check that out later.
>>
>This game fills me with a childlike wonder and joy I haven't felt in a long while.

3/10, you made me reply at least. Unless you're serious, then I'm sorry about your mental handicap.
>>
>>336253131
You only get one life, so if you screw up it's game over, pal!
>>
>>336253361
Shit, never mind.
>>
>>336240258
Wanna feel super old?

2 Girls 1 Cup is ten years old today
>>
>>336244015
This is so dumb, yes the plots the same but so fucking what, it's not Final Fantasy, it's not even Zelda, do you the series to take don't from Sonic and start introducing character drama, a running plot, lore/canon when the best game in the Sonic series in the last decade was was a pack of new stages inspired by the prior games with a plot that was basically irrelevant.
>>
>>336252726
Only Landmaster thing I had trouble with was getting away from the Fichina boss's jump move.I also liked Zoness
>>
>>336253397
It's worth trying, since if you beat it you'll unlock the sound test menu with a 3D model viewer.

It also tracks your high scores on every possible route.
>>
>>336253214
Get gud.
>>
>>336253131
It is. It also keeps track of the top scores for each individual route so that you aren't stuck doing nothing but the optimal route. It also keeps track of time so you can go for speedruns.
Be mindful of the fact that arcade mode only allows you to have one extra life at a time and won't allow you to restart missions.
>>
>>336253713
>do you [want] the series to take [notes] from Sonic and start introducing character drama
I'll admit I haven't played Star Fox Command, but everything I read about the story and endings is even more cringy than the worst the Sonic series has come up with.
>>
File: 44.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
44.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
so how about that Guard game? one of my squads just pulled off a successful attack.

>>336254013
you'd be right
>>
>>336254013
That's kinda my point, I'm not saying the game would be worse if Andross wasn't the villain but saying that SNES/64/Zero are remakes is using an odd plot first logic that say's that the story is one of the most important elements and it being the same is a major issue when the plots just there to provide a lose framework for a bunch of stages, Star Fox 3D is a remake of 64 because it provide the same stages alongside a few minor changes here and there alongside all new visuals and some new designs.
Meanwhile SNE/64/Zero all have the same very basic plot with some minor changes and additions but besides sharing some themes, like jungle/ice/space, esc the stages are totally different.
>>
>>336254013
It's not quite that bad but mostly because there's very little to it, if you read the Wikipedia page on the plot then you likely got near as much detail as the game gives out, Sonic's issue is that it put a ton of time into it's plot.
Sonic built up quite a lore with all those comics and cartoons and for some reason SEGA felt that's what the main series needed when really they should have left that stuff for a suitable low tier dev like Bioware.
>>
So we can agree that the best route is the one where you face Falco at the end right? I didn't expect him to shoot Peppy down like that.
>>
Why does Peppy shout "basketball" at random in the mission where you control him?
>>
>>336255628
Ahahah, epic, my friend, you sure got me.
>>
>>336240258
>I avoided online discussion
how the fuck do you do that?
>>
>>336257687
To be fair I mostly did the same, I tempted to watch the Sterling video just so I make a response esc video since I'm already planning on reviewing the game on my channel.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.