[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft IV, Will It Happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
There was some talk that they might start working on WC IV now that SC:LoTV is done.

What's the likelyhood we see WC IV in the next few years?
>>
>>336239372
Maybe if the movie does well....HAHAHA who am I kidding Activision has sucked all the passion from blizz they only care about money now.
>>
>>336239652
I don't think that's fair to say, they are going above and beyond to support D3 and SC2

I think only WOW devs have lost their "passion".

I mean Stacraft is literally a passion project at this point, it makes soo little compared to every other game
>>
Do you really want to see it? Do you really want to see Warcraft IV: Cashgrab of Chaos (Chapter 1 of 4).

Because I don't.
>>
Zero, Blizzshit will keep recycling World of Warcraft and keep raping the lore until their projects stop making enough money for Activision to keep them around, then they'll probably get dumped.
>>
after how shitty starcraft 2 was i dont want it.
>>
>RTS
>alive
Nigga Blizz is all into MOBA/consolized shooter business now
>>
If it happens it'll be some casualized shit to not alienate all the potential WoW costumers.
I don't think I want to see it
>>
File: 1196633252560.jpg (27 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1196633252560.jpg
27 KB, 576x432
>>336240134
>>
>>336240134
Ohh fuck off.

I'm a die hard Brood War Multiplayer fan, and I admit SC2 is a good game, the story is meh, but the campaign mission variety is pretty good, and the multiplayer scene is also pretty good.

I agree that the story is a bit lack luster, but a lot of people play RTS for the RTS not for the story.
>>
>>336239372
Next few years? No. SC2 took forever, this will take even longer. Might not even happen considering the fact that RTS is pretty much dead aside from SC2 (and why shoot yourself in the foot making your only competition) and that this gen's RTS is MOBA. Look at the direction they're going: MOBA, casual card game, casualized MMO, Hat Fortress clone.

It's over. Blizzard is finished making great games. Innovation time is over, it's time to cash in on whatever the chuckelfucks want this month.
>>
Please no.

They will turn it into a starcraft in fantasy and ruin an amazing serie.
I want a comdy and nice RTS, not a "Who builds da fastest" bullshit they pulled with SC2.
>>
People said D3 is never gonna happen and look how that turned out.

Warcraft is an extremely valuable franchise, there is no reason to not expect a WC4 eventually.
>>
>>336240306
I don't think this is necessarily true.

I mean these casuals don't play anything beyond the campaign and a few custom maps.

The multiplayer can stay pretty core.

Starcraft 2 although a watered down version of Starcraft 1 didn't go overboard with the casualization, it's still one of the most competative games on the market.

If they show similar restraint on WC IV, we should be fine.
>>
>>336240557
Why do you assume they'd turn it into Starcraft?
>>
>>336240557
What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you mentally deficient?
>>
>>336240695
It's the new Blizzard.
It will happen
>>
File: (speech).jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
(speech).jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>336240815
>>
>>336240695
They wouldn't. They want to keep the seperate as thematically different RTS.

WC III had a hero fantasy with less units and more micro orientated, the devs have stated that if they make WC IV they want to keep it seperate from SC in terms of gameplay.

He is just a retard and has no idea what he is talking about.
>>
>>336240862
>>336240781
Are you mentally challenged or something?
>>
File: 1445054102612.gif (1 MB, 736x627) Image search: [Google]
1445054102612.gif
1 MB, 736x627
>>336240557
>get bored yesterday
>look at starcraft 2 stuff all day and want to play protoss
>watch videos and play against AI
>it's literally spam build as fast as possible exponentially while scouting for the counter
I can't keep up with that, that's crazy how fast it plays
>>
>>336240557
>who builds da fastest
Yeah, like any other fucking RTS doesn't have that.
>>
>>336239372
I cant be assed to find it, but I remember Blizz stating that after WC3 and the launch of WoW they stated no more warcraft rts because it would cannibalize their Starcraft sales and it was more popular anyway.
>>
>>336240306
>If it happens it'll be some casualized shit to not alienate all the potential WoW costumers.
>I don't think I want to see it

Think about it from an actual business perspective, a watered down casual RTS is of no value, because casuals don't play them anyway.

If they were to make Warcraft IV (unlikely, easier to make more money by putting those resources into their other titles), it would be designed for competitive "E-sports" play.
>>
>>336241017
Spoken like a true blizzdrone
Go play the game before you open up your mouth
>>
>>336240969

Have you ever played WC III at a high level, things are literally the same except that you build less units and instead research tech/buy items in response to your opponent.

That's just how RTS works moron.
>>
>>336241253
RTS is a battle of macro and micromanagement for victory.

Even Age of empires and C&C had that.
>>
>>336241253
You want to build stuff as fast as possible in Wacraft as well, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>336241706
>>336241684
>Samefagging
>>
>>336241706
yeah, be it in rushing those early army troops or in standard play those building / units that would help you get ahead of your enemy
>>
File: sup.png (91 KB, 863x931) Image search: [Google]
sup.png
91 KB, 863x931
>>336241746
>>
File: Warcraft 4 Alert 2.png (58 KB, 584x514) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft 4 Alert 2.png
58 KB, 584x514
>>
I think it's more likely Blizzard will make a new IP or a spinoff WC game than WC IV.
>>
They could make Warcraft great again, but they'd have to fundamentally rethink RTS. Playing click fest is largely unappealing and is why MOBAs took the ball and ran.
>>
>>336240134
If you aren't playing the arcade RIGHT NOW

after they fixed EVERYTHING (no really, they did)

then you're a fucking faggot and i don't even know why you post in blizzard threads if you don't play their games.
>>
NO FUCK YUR BLIZZARD GAMES. WE WUZ WARHAMMER NOW
>>
If the campaign is as good as Warcraft 3 campaign, then I'm in...

Love WC3... one of my top 5 favorite pc games of all time.
>>
Almost certainly.

I'll definitely buy it too, I don't give a single fuck about this or that being retconned, or the story being crappy at all. I want dat gameplay. I poured tons of hours into WC3 on Battle.net.
>>
>>336244382
If you played custom games, you really should give sc2 a try, with friends. The starter edition (IE free edition) has 100% access to the arcade. So you can play all the custom games 100% free.
>>
It'll happen, but the campaign will be full of modern Metzen storytelling and the custom games will be handled like SC2's.

AKA it'll be shit, don't bother with Blizzard in currentyear..
>>
Here is how Warcraft 4 will have to go down

>Years have passed since the heroes of Azeroth have fought and fended of the threat of the Burning Legion. Once more there homes saved and mystical BS is used to defend their homes for a long time.
>But war still harkens as time passes, The factions of Azeroth still splinter and buckle into war over resources and ideologies.
>As technology grows, The way of the blade is forgotten for the age of powder and steel.

>Goblins work on junkish designed Attack helicopter (Huey) with Troll Mask hammered onto the door, An Ork mechanic screwing on a side mounted gun
>Gnomes tinker with a Well forged design of a Chinook-esque Cargo chopper bright steel grey with Gold trim
>Blood Elf checks a Sniper rifle scope out as a bunch of Nearby Orcs are fumbling with their rifles
>Dwarf proceeds to hand rifle after rifle to Human hands before a Purple one stretches out to take one as well

>Gameplay shows, It's a CoH2 designed game with Squad combat and cover system with flying units.
>>
>>336244789
You just made up so much garbage i gave up in the second green text

kys my man :D
>>
Why would you even want a Warcraft IV? Blizzard hasn't wrote a single good piece of lore in like what, 8-10 years now?

Every single new character they created has been either a generic mary sue or a hulking formulaic super-evuhl bad guy with no nuance whatsoever. Diablo 3s story was legendary for how shitty it was and WoD proves how inept Blizzard is at creating a good captivating storyline even when they are literally handed the best and most lore rich setting on a silver platter.

WC4 would be a complete fucking shit show from a story standpoint, and gameplay wise it would probably be even worse.
>>
>>336245096
Really i think most people just want wc3 HD models (as they have created for sc2 arcade, they look fantastic) with the sc2 editor. So, take sc2 engine and create wc3 in HD. Cum on blizzard.
>>
>>336239945
sure
either it will be okay or it will be another train crash I can watch to distract myself from being alive
>>
Just give me back classic Battle.net custom gaming. Literally infinite playability value until MOBA cancer hijacked the community.

And yet for some reason Starcraft 2's 'arcade mode' literally feels like legit arcadey barely playable trash despite somehow having this super awesome 'improved' custom game system or something. God just compare something like a Lord of the Rings map between either of them.
>>
>>336245096
>WC4 would be a complete fucking shit show from a story standpoint

Most likely, yeah... But they still have a shot.

WC2 had a cool story, then came WC3 with a bunch of new shit (the lich king, undead plague, etc) that was completely new, not exactly building directly on top of WC1 and WC2 lore... it is very possible for them to come up with good new shit for WC4... Will they do it? Now, that's another question...
>>
>>336246315
WoW left no room for obscurity, unless it takes place in an entirely new world.
>>
I wish for a 24 or 36 player slot
>>
File: waaagh time.jpg (121 KB, 680x542) Image search: [Google]
waaagh time.jpg
121 KB, 680x542
>>336244115
>blizzard moving away from RTS
>Total Warhammer and DoW3 happening
It is time
>>
>>336246398
You do have a point... WoW elaborated way too much on the burning legion (and by transitivity, too much on the undead as well), and where the Orcs came from, etc... It will be really hard for them to come up with something new.
>>
>>336239372
If they make it, it's gonna be shit
>>
File: demonhunter animation.gif (115 KB, 122x120) Image search: [Google]
demonhunter animation.gif
115 KB, 122x120
>>336239372
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DEAR. GOD! NOOO!!

After the writing in StarCraft II, the writing in Diablo III, and every single expansion after WoW's Wrath of The Lich King I'd rather if we never have a WarCraft IV because they'd screw it up with WoW's idiocies and Kossak's writing that nobody checks.

If they did however, then only by retconning WoW into an alternative dimension, then doing what Disney did with Star Wars and start the game a decade after the stuff that happened in The Frozen Throne.

But we'll never get this, and it's for the better. I genuinely like WarCraft III and the other RTS games, but with Neo-Blizzard under the corruptive chaos of Metzen and Kossak, not to mention bloody ActiVision and Kotick folding it even further, this would end up like the other sequels. AND IT WOULD BE BAD.
>>
>>336247023
metzen was there from the start you faggot.
>>
>>336239372
IT will happen only if it needs to happen

WC4 will be their last chance
>>
>>336247357
AS THE FUCKING IDEA GUY AT FIRST.

The fucking idea guy who was about stuff like worldbuilding, doing sketches, even doing voicing and more.

If there is a faggot here, then it is you cockmongler.
>>
>>336247462
A chance that they'll squander.
>>
>>336247023
It's still fucked. Even if they magically return to 4 years after Warcraft 3, there still is an island full of Pandas, and there are still Old Gods about to awaken and you'll never be prepared, and there always will be a Lich King, etc.

Alot of the legion lore has been explored, so was the scourge and pretty much everything WoW touched. There's no way they could shoehorn in another threatening faction without it looking forced.

Honestly the only thing they can do is prequels or different planets altogether.
>>
>>336247761
yes, and he was behind all the ideas including the BW story and Wc2 and 3
>>
>>336247940
Dammit. Just dammit.

They could at least alter things.
>>
>>336239935
that's because those games are on life support.
>>
>>336248082
And better if he stayed like that instead of becoming CEO of the franchise development department.
>>
Dota pretty much assassinated Wc3 ladder, another hardcore multiplayer game like this won't be happening for a long while now
>>
>>336248085
I mean they could do somethings with the Nagas already, Azshara and the ancient elven lore was always interesting and combined with eldritch horror.... Oh wait no, she's a generic serpentwoman Naga and she becomes an endgame boss in few months...
>>
>>336247940
>and there are still Old Gods about to awaken
old gods are cool, the WC3 dwarf campaign was dank as fuck
>>
>>336240969
>>336240557

This is what RTS has always been at high level play m8. Being consistently faster than your opponent will increase your chance of winning. The "problem" with sc2 is that they tried to push it so fucking hard into the e-sport shit and builds and optimal strats is easily available now compared to 10-15 years ago.
>>
>>336248747
Or worse. She'll be the new bad guy of the next expansion after Legion.

On the other hand I got this idea if they simply made WCIV as re-tellings of WoW and its expansions, but done in such a way that it would differ in many ways from the MMO.

Like making Garrosh into a competent character and Thrall still being warchief and not green Jesus. Or Theramore still being around and not manabombed.
>>
>>336245096
I just want the wc3 gameplay with new graphics and more responsive. New units and factions would be cool too. Warcraft lore is dead anyway
>>
>>336247940
Easy

Old Gods corrupt the uncorrupted corrputed lich king and make the old god scourge, undead lovecraftian horrors attack the alliance and horde, also shoehorn naga in there somewhere
there you go 4 playable factions

also have the scourge campaign be about destroying pandaland
>>
Unless they manage to port the RTS genre to console there's literally no way it's happening.
>>
>>336239372
I sincerely hope not, because Blizzard is ded.
>>
>>336243863
Is the arcade really better? I fucking loved UMS games in Brood War
>>
>>336249609
>also have the scourge campaign be about destroying pandaland
Man, the Scourge campaign in War3 was a fucking blast, I wouldn't mind me some more genocide on Pandas.
>>
>>336249426
I on the other hand would like WCIV to be bigger. Like WCII in terms of unit-counts, but with the heroes from WCIII.

Instead of factions, they should do sub-factions that modify the way a faction is played. And each sub-faction would have, apart of the researches, upgrades and other such things, their sub-faction unique upgrades and even a specialized unit that only that sub-faction can have.
>>
>>336249987
The sub-factions could even be heroes anon. Instead of 4 measly skills you have a big skill tree, which unlocks not only personal skills, but also global skills, new units/techs/buildings and more.
>>
>>336250901
or have a large selection of heroes for each faction
and before every match you pick 4 which you can use

kinda like assfaggots
>>
>>336250901
>>336251832
That also is something.
>>
>>336250901
>>336251832
>>336253846
I was thinking more like sub-factions that are linked to certain character. Take the Undead Scourge:
>Choose Arthas/Lich King
>Heroes gain a buff to strength and regeneration
>Armor and Weapon upgrades are slightly cheaper
>Abominations and Frost Wyrms become stronger (Plague and Freezing Breath last longer)
>Can recruit Vrykul Warmaster that increases offensive capabilities

Something like that.
>>
>>336254574
>Choose Kel'Thuzad
>Heroes gain buff to intelligence and mana regeneration
>Slightly cheaper caster upgrades
>Necromancers and Banshees become stronger (Necromancers summon more powerful Skeletal Mages and replace Skeletons with Skeletal Orcs, Banshees Curse and Anti-Magic Shell last longer)
>Can recruit Floating Ziggurat. A giant, slow siege engine that can only attack ground targets
>>
>>336255170
>Choose Sylvanas
>Heroes gain buff to agility and speed
>Unique Upgrade: Undead units gain speed boons
>Superior Banshee Possession (possessed units have a chance to spawn Banshees, yet Possession gains a cooldown)
>Can recruit Forsaken Infiltrator. Undead unit that can sabotage buildings rendering them inactive for a short period and can confuse enemies
>>
>>336255679
>Choose Anub'Arak
>Heroes gain buff to damage and return small amounts of damage back (stacks with Spiked Carapace)
>Unique Upgrade: Buildings gain hit point and armor bonuses due to Nerubian Masonry
>Superior Crypt Fiends (overall better stats and can dig through the ground)
>Can recruit Nerubian Abberation. Crowd control special unit that can debuff and slow enemies
>>
>>336247940
>or different planets altogether.
I feel like that's what they've should've done for WOD. Having the dark portal redirected to either a new proxy army for the legion, or an independent race that just wants to take over the world. But can't have 3rd party evils now can we, it's either titans, void/old gods, or demons
>>336248812
it was, I love the faceless/unbroken
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.