[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone still playing RIFT, /v/? I heard it's extremely P2W
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: RIFT-og.jpg (211 KB, 1306x753) Image search: [Google]
RIFT-og.jpg
211 KB, 1306x753
Anyone still playing RIFT, /v/? I heard it's extremely P2W now, is it worth trying out still? Or is it dead?

If anyone played recently, please post your impressions, thanks!
>>
No one? Guess it's dead then.
>>
It's pure p2w now.

The devs rushed incredibly broken, buggy and unfinished instances just so they could sell more gear in the cash shop while saying 'See? We're not selling the best gear available, you can get better stuff in the new instances! They don't work but that's besides the point!'

Also earrings are now cash shop only and their stats got insanely buffed.

I'm beyond mad actually because it was one of the few mmos with a good dot class, i fucking loved my warlock/necro/chloro.
>>
Server i'm on is low at all times
>>
>>336240017
>I'm beyond mad actually because it was one of the few mmos with a good dot class, i fucking loved my warlock/necro/chloro.
I played a long time ago as warlock/pyro/whatever the controller class hybrid in PvP was, and I had a great time, but I especially loved the dimension system.

Is PvP P2W too?
>>
>>336240303
>Only MMO with a class like Archon
>Only MMO with a class like Chloro I was briefly hopeful for Disc priest but the retarded Atonement system killed any hope I had for that
>Only MMO with a class like Necro
>Only MMO with a class like Harb
>Only MMO with a class like Sabo
>Only MMO with a class like Bard
>Only MMO with a class like literally all but the most basic of Cleric specs
>Only MMO besides Wildstar with good housing
>Those cool as fuck dragon designs
>That turning old, outdated raids into levelling instances

>killed old 2h war tank
>made it super p2w
>those ugly ass models
>P2Gearslot
>That horrible PvP balance since the beginning
>That barren as fuck world design
>That single core usage
>Those atrocious memory leaks
>That horrible optimization that hasn't even gotten looked at since all the way back in beta

I miss Rift sometimes, but then I quickly remember how absolutely livid I was watching Trion mishandle such a potentially good game
>>
what a shame, i was thinking about coming back to rift
>>
>>336240680
>>336242202
Fucking Trion changed into turbojews after they released Archeage and get alot of whaledosh
>>
>>336243474
Is it still at least possible to build dimensions and PvP without being jewed too much? I didn't really raid anyway.
>>
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>336243690
?
>>
>>336238987
Rift is ruined. Trion needed the money from p2w because Defiance was shit. And now a great game like Rift also turned to shit
>>
play black desert, its the only good mmo in the market atm
>>
It was fun when it first came out but it's definitely lost its appeal.

Such is the fate of the modern MMO
>>
>>336240680
>Be Rogue
>notice a Tanking spec.
>holy shit a rogue tank spec, I gotta do this.
>be best tank with 7 teleports and blinks
I miss this game, then everything wenter to shit.
>>
>>336245573
It's a shittier ArcheAge
>>
Rift had a lot of fun specs that also required some degree of skill to play well. Sure it was a WoW clone, but it was a good clone.
>>
I still have a lot of fun with Rift and play a lot, it's a very grindey game if you don't want to spend any money tho.
>>
>>336250215
Do you PvP? What do you need to do to just get best (or reasonably good) PvP gear and enjoy PvPing?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.