[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 1301565202_w670.jpg (28 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
1301565202_w670.jpg
28 KB, 670x447
What went wrong?
>>
>>336234763
Horrible support, specs quickly got outdated
and then the vita was released before it was even a year old.
>>
>Overpriced as fuck
>Shitty specs
>No exclusives of importance
This killed a good idea.

Xperia Play 2 fucking when?
>>
JB firmware had troubles running gameloft games, prompting sony to drop support
>>
sony ericsson phones were the shoddiest pieces of shit you could get
>>
>>336234763
I kinda forgot this exists.

What game did it play? It doesn't looks like it can use PSP disc, does it? Is it just Android player with joypad?
>>
>>336237858

It was a phone, 1ghz processor, 400mb ram I think, had one myself, won it off the twitterz. Pretty good device, but it was gimped so the xperia neo would be their flagship.

A new one would be very nice, same spec as X5 but with the pad slideout, no "analogue touchpads" just have the disc things the 3DS has.
>>
>Single Core 1ghz
>512mb ram
>didn't get software last 2.3 Gingerbread

Gee let me think
>>
>>336238295
But what exactly could it play apart from android stuff? I see PS1 games in OP's pic, did it also have some PSP games downloadable?
>>
>>336238831

Nope. It just had like 20 ps1 games such as Crash Bandicoot and Rayman and android games.
>>
>>336234763
IIRC. Sony promised playstation mobile support but never did get much traction also, the PS1 titles are in reality just PS1 titles packaged in apks designed to work with the xperia. Sony probably feared piracy and lack of sales.
>>
>>336234763
Sony at the time was pretty terrible. They released the Xperia X10 that was on Android 1.6 while everyone else was on fucking Android 2.3. It was there fucking flagship.

I loved the concept of the Xperia Play, but it was released too early under the incompetance of Sony.

The smartest thing to do nowadays is to keep a seperate CPU and GPU for the gaming. Which will boot up a different OS just for gaming like the Vita, except hopefully making it run side by side on Android. This will hopefully keep it from getting hacked and prevent piracy. Also whatever advancements come with Android, we can still keep that same CPU and GPU for future Xperia Play models. I mean the Xperia Play did PLAY the games it came with very well despite its shitty CPU and storage space at the time. So just imagine having the snapdragon 820 in a modern day Xperia.

I hope Sony makes another cause I want it for Xperia Now, I've been using it a lot at work. I don't bring a controller so paying GTA V can sometimes be difficult.
>>
Everyone assumed it was a half assed gimmick

But it's too small and uncomfortable to hold for anything other than rpgs.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>336234763
It was underpowered as fuck and expensive as fuck. Also the PSP still existed and was already cracked so you could play PS1 games on it already without dropping $300+ for a new phone.

These days chinks make Android devices that are far more powerful than this, with built in physical joysticks and buttons as well.
>>
>>336236928
not even that, but hardly any android games outside the sony's selected ones, had button support.

And the touchpad "stick" substitutes were rubbish
>>
>>336234763
Also, nobody wants to buy PS1 games for the fifthteen times again - just make them available for free, and people will rush over your free stuff
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-09-14h00m53s938.jpg (168 KB, 978x957) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-09-14h00m53s938.jpg
168 KB, 978x957
nothing
it's a fine handheld emulator
and an okay phone
>>
>>336240886
i had a rough time with chinese made contraptions - the JXD s7800b died on me 6 months after i bought it.

Otherwise it was a great device.
>>
Had one of these
>>
>>336241047
>using Android 4.x
>ever

get the fuck out of here, disgusting savage
>>
>>336241304
it came with froyo
I put gingerbread (is it gingerbread?) on it only a few months ago
feels like a brand new phone
>>
>>336241773
>2016
>using Gingerbread

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>336241773
whatever, man.. it's riddled with so many unnecessary b/g services not for the user convenience, but for ads/tracking infrastructure, I can not fathom how any device with RAM less than 1GB can sufficiently run it.
>>
>>336241926
gingerbread had a responsive, fast and, basically, god tier interface, so fuck you
>>
This is actually my current phone (I don't go on my phone often enough to justify getting a new one.)

It's quite good for emulation, I can play SNES, Genesis and GBA games on it which is fun.

It's pretty shit at everything else. Very low internal storage space so don't expect to download any apps, at all. The apps it does have barely function, YouTube crashes after clicking through like 4 videos.

Anyone know if it's possible to install a better operating system on it? I have it rooted.
>>
>>336241978
That's why I put a clean version of android on it

Emulator requirements will only go down, and the graphical horsepower of the Play isn't going to change.
It can run anything pre-PS2 and that's good enough for me.
>>336241926
I remember now, it's Ice Cream Sandwich
>>
>>336242167
This is bait of the most autistic variety. It didn't even have hardware acceleration you thick cunt. Kill yourself.
>>
>>336241304
What are you talking about? 4.0+ is still usable today.
>>
This would actually be a good product now due to google fixing their fucking shitty store, and more games now support actual buttons.

If they made a Play 2 with an OLED screen, ability to load up vita games, and all the usual playstation stuff (remote play for example) on top of a solid phone, I'd get one ASAP.
>>
>>336242206
can you free up the RAM space by deleting unnecessary services?

I'm not sure which are considered unnecessary, but there are manuals available on internet, I'm sure of that.

Also I don't think any newer Android version, compared to what you're having now, will ramp up the speed. Google was all about using as much of resources for data mining as there's available at the current hardware most of the phones had, which has doubled required CPU and RAM requirements, comparing even Gingerbread to Icecream Sandwich
>>
>>336242440
Use any android phone and a moga controller. Bazinga!
>>
My first and favorite phone... Used it so much that I wore out the display connection, the screen doesn't even work anymore
>>
>>336242628
ok now how do I get the vita games to work
>>
>>336242558
Speeds not really an issue, it's since I'm unable to run most apps without them crashing.

Also I've deleted all unnecessary apps but even so it's got like 40 megabytes of internal storage at max.
>>
>>336242628
Yes that's exactly what I want, a portable gaming solution that requires two seperate battery powered devices
>>
>>336242440
>OLED screen
>screen deterioration in 2-3 years
i think we could live just fine with a high quality IPS
>>
>>336242916
>2-3 years
Perfect for a phone desu
>>
>>336242808
try out JXD s7800b

It's really fast device with a nice, bright, wide-angle IPS display and relatively good, loud front speakers (for a mobile device).

Unfortunately, being a chink branded device, you have a slight chance to have it bricked on you.
>>
>>336242808
>I am so retarded I can't use the same cable to charge both
>>
>>336242708
Buy one you poor faggot
>>
>>336243004
i don't like supporting consumerist oriented technology - if it has semi-conductors in it, i want it being able to run 10 years after it was produced.

Maybe I'm not gonna use it for so long and sell it, but it's better than just ending in a dumpster pit, all manhours put into creating it and rotting away
>>
>>336243282
>I want one single device that runs all of these things
>omg just get 3 separate products POOR FAG LELELLE
>>
File: 1440022494059.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1440022494059.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>>336242628
>attachable phone controllers

HOW MANY THREADS DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY THESE THINGS ARE FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>336244172
There is no one magic device you autistic retard. Come back down the real works faggot
>>
>>336245168
you don't have to, my reasonable, but slightly autistic fellow - anyone smart enough understands it and that's why Nvidia shiet 2.0 is only bought by tards
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.