[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
NX thread
Speculate, but please keep shitposting to a minimum

Stuff we already know:
>home console
>Zelda at launch
>Pikmin 4 (near guaranteed)
>Animal crossing (mobile app is supposed to compliment something)

So, what do you think?
Flop or success?
Will you get it? Why or why not?
>>
It being a success rests entirely on how good the games are, which we have no idea of how good thry will be.
>>
>>336228425
It will sell more than it should. Nintendo won't go under any time soon but they deserve to. I won't be getting it, mostly on principle. Zelda delayed far too long and only to launch a new console at that.
>>
>>336228425
>home console

source
>>
File: 1341940073129.jpg (98 KB, 260x285) Image search: [Google]
1341940073129.jpg
98 KB, 260x285
I have no idea what to expect to be honest. I'm really thirsty for information.
I'm assuming it's going to have dual screens again. Nintendo said it was going to be completely different.

The only thing I can speculate is that somehow it's gonna have VR. But that's too farfetched.
>>
>>336229915
You don't actually believe that, do you?

It being a success rests entirely on marketing.
>>
File: 1358990885535.png (43 KB, 194x162) Image search: [Google]
1358990885535.png
43 KB, 194x162
>>336230453
PS4 is the clearest proof of that. A total of like 3 worth playing exclusive games right now.
I wish Nintendo had good marketing. How the hell do they not realize?
>>
>>336230117
>mostly on principle
If they put out good stuff--I don't hold a lot of faith in them to, but hypothetically--what does "principle" matter?
>>
File: 1452778199573.jpg (8 KB, 158x319) Image search: [Google]
1452778199573.jpg
8 KB, 158x319
>>336229915
>It being a success rests entirely on how good the games are
I wish, sadly americans and even more so europoors are slaves to marketing.
>>
>>336228425
At best it will pull gc numbers.
When it comes to games it will be at disadvantage and more powerful hardware wont save it because both MS and Sony will roll out an upgraded version of their hardware, that will very likely play in the same ballpark as the NX(under the assumption that they go for power).
And stuff like shoehorned Amiibos, which will be a major part of the NX, will kill off the chance of it being some kind of trend like the wii was.
>>
>>336231341
It means Nintendo is a stubborn company that refuses to get with the times and grow with its consumer base. Although somewhat charming that they vehemently focus on kiddie games and muh Mario, they refuse to branch out to their aging fans at all which is the reason they aren't a threat to Sony and MS. They've become a niche gaming company instead of the driving force of the industry it once was. They focus on gimmicks now more than the games that made them popular to begin with. Amiibos and gamepads...wiimotes...Wii U Pro controller is decent the NX should just stick with it. But yeah..they are far too gone for me personally to stick around as a fan of their products.
>>
>>336230621
Exclusives are not the only games people are interested in playing.
PC will never be relevant for masses as a gaming platform.
Nintendo needs strong multiplats and exclusives that don't cater to children and manchildren only.
>>
File: 1417457146191.gif (195 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1417457146191.gif
195 KB, 500x281
>>336228425
>Stuff we already know:
>3 out of 4 things are just wild guesses
Bleah.

>Will you get it? Why or why not?
If it is a handheld or a handheld/home console hybrid, absolutely yes.
If it is a just home console, fuck no, at least at launch. I'll keep playing on my Wii U until a NX price drop happens. A very big one. I didn't buy my Wii U to last only 3 years. 5 years or bust, I don't even care if they won't release anything else after Zelda U for it, my Wii backlog will give enough use to my Wii U.
>>
>>336232010
The fact that you categorize games as "kiddie games" is sad. Games are games. Growing up doesn't mean you need edgy shit. And if your talking about deep imersive stories then go read a fucking book because gameplay should be the main draw in a game. Not its intellectual significance.
>>
>>336232243
Are you retarded by chance?
>>
>>336229915
>It being a success rests entirely on how good the games are
Retard alert
>>
>>336232010
But if the games they put out are good and worth playing, again, what does principle matter? Will you deny yourself the pleasure of their games just to stick it to Nintendo?
>>
>>336228425
>home console
Wrong. With it also being the successor to 3DS, it's clearly going to be more than a stationary system.
>>
>>336233836
Kishima-san, go to bed.
>>
If they can launch with an animal crossing game that has the art direction and graphics of the mario kart levels the NX will print money.
>>
>>336228425
>Stuff we already now
Also, what we know:
>Retro Studios is working on a new IP for NX
>Monolith is working on a game for NX
>Nintedo is gonna port Mario Maker and Sm4sh to the NX (and maybe Splatoon)
>>
>>336231937
Where is the source on the hardware part?
And the Amiibo part?
>>
>>336234579
>Also, what we know:
>Rumor
>Rumor
>Rumor
WEW
E
W

You NX fags should accept you don't know shit. The only thing we know is that Squeenix and Tecmo Koei showed interest in the NX. That's about it.
Even the NX release date might be bullshit, considering they can delay it at their pleasure, like they did with the N64.
>>
>>336234737
The rumours seem pretty reliable, at least
>>
>>336228425
>stuff we know
>home console
>Pikmin 4

So literally pulling shit out of your own ass again?
>>
>>336234737
Eh, the most solid rumor right now is probably DQ 11 being a title, considering the NX is coming our the exact same time as it and they alright said they were looking at the NX
>>
>Animal crossing (mobile app is supposed to compliment something)

That's a shame. I assumed the Animal Crossing app would be a full game but on mobile. If any of Nintendo's games would make sense on the mobile platform it would be AC. Now all it can be is microtransactions without a game attached to it.
>>
>>336234826
All this thread is based on shitty rumors. There's nothing concrete to discuss, except daydreaming and wishful thinking that will just bring a very huge disappointment.
>>
>>336228425
If at launch we get the new Zelda, Pikmin 4, a real Animal Crossing game, and the usual gimmick demo and 2D Mario, I will be pretty happy.
In an ideal world some new 3rd party games, even if it's just a port of CoD: Infinity Warfare or some shit like that. No one will ever believe me but Ghosts on Wii U is actually pretty fun.
Also if Smash Bros. for NX is real, then that'd be pretty ace.
>>
>>336235159
Nah.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.