[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when WoW exhaled it's last breath?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: images-4.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIrj_Vqdfc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>>
>>336223625
In the 25man raid, doing 2nd top DPS despite being MDPS who are known to do worse on the LK fight than ranged.
>>
>devs will someday have us revisit northrend to kill this nigga after his mind becomes corrupted by an old god
you know it to be true
>>
>>336223816
*With the 25% Raid-wide Buff
>>
Bugging the LK encounter with Saronite boombs and getting temp banned.
>>
>>336223920
If I hadn't sold my accout I'd have taken a screenshot of the achievement, did it pre-nerf on 25man (not HC though).
As an Unholy DK.
>>
>>336223625
I was upset that they had actually pulled out of their ass such a lame excuse as "there must always be a Lich King" to justify recycling the scourge as future enemies.
>>
>>336224156
Scourge haven't been used as enemies since then though.
In fact Bolvar's Scouge is fighting the Burning Legion in the upcoming expansion.
And Tirion becomes one of the new Four Horsemen Death Knights.
>>
File: 1406755895527.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1406755895527.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>336224073
>pre-nerf on 25man (not HC though)
>>
>>336224404
>le ebin meme image with no counterarguments
>>
>>336224350
The expansion that followed Wrath rehashed vanilla scourge-focused dungeons and remade WPL/EPL while still focusing on fighting the scourge and even rezzing old scourge enemies that we had killed years ago like Gandling, Rattlegore, Araj, etc.

They just wanted to be able to keep the scourge around and couldn't think of a better way to do it, which is sad, because "there must always be a lich king" is pretty fucking lame.
>>
File: 1459289557897.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
1459289557897.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>336224435
Counterargument to what? Someone being proud of a fucking normal mode kill?
>>
>>336223625
>Arthas and Lich King's personality merged.
>Arthas literally didn't give a fuck about his dwarf buddy dying next to him and even took frostmourne to go and slaughter Mal'Ganis
>Didn't give a shit regardless and became a death knight
>BUT THEN
>WotLK
>Lich king is arthas with cool powers
>lol jk Lich King is actually Ner'zhul controlling Arthas, Arthas dindu nuffin he's good boy
>>
>>336224559
Protip retard, HC wasn't even added to WoW until Ulduar and 25mans were always plenty challenging enough.
Sorry I'm not an autistic sperg like you that play a grindy MMO 24/7 to do "HARDCORE RAIDAN"
>>
>>336223625
Downing Lich King without the fucking buff on heroic 10.
>>
>>336224404
Men för helvete, Zlatan.
>>
File: 1438566063709.gif (1 MB, 270x235) Image search: [Google]
1438566063709.gif
1 MB, 270x235
>>336224650
Now I'm laughing even harder.
>>
>>336224580
>>lol jk Lich King is actually Ner'zhul controlling Arthas, Arthas dindu nuffin he's good boy
That never happened.
Wrath makes it 100% clear that LK is Arthas-only now.
In fact they killed Ner'zhul's spirit off in the WotLK prequel novel (Arthas: Rise of the Lich King)

>>336224761
Get cancer and die you autismo
>>
File: 1378511915020.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1378511915020.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>336224775
>>
>>336224650

Sorry to break your bubble but Lich King 25 normal was not a hard fight. The fucking gargoyles have more health in hard mode than Lich King has in normal.
>>
>>336224580
What?
Arthas had no idea touching the blade would kill Muradin, and once he touched it it was too late
The whole point of the human campaign is to show Arthas beign driven mad by rage, making him angry enough that he seeks out any method possible to get his revenge.

At the end he literally says "I only obey the voice of frostmourne (Ner'Zhul)"
Even the death knights in WotLK are brainwashed
>>
I was reading the patch notes for the release of WotLK. 10 man easy mode for catching up? Archavon drops tier pieces? Everyone who's not a wrathbabby knew that was the beginning of the end.

Actually, the moment Blizzard said they wanted to make raids more accessible after SWP we all knew it was coming. And here's you the wrathbabies thinking the WoW you played was good.
>>
Post transmogs

http://imgur.com/a/i1EHP
>>
>>336224580
If you actually did the quest line and and read the novel you'd know Ner'zhul is dead and Arthas won. Although, the old Arthas was also dead, and destroying his heart made him weaker.
TL;DR, lore made him weaker for us to beat him.
>>
>>336225127
Literally nobody cleared SWP pre-nerf because all guilds died on the Guildbreaker.
And Kaelthas pre-nerf was mathematically impossible.
Same with Yogg-Saron.
>>
>>336225198
>Garrosh shoulders

I hate you so much.

Must have killed him 400 times in MoP, haven't seen them drop even once.
>>
>>336225250
I'd rather that happen than have guilds clear raids so fast that Blizz resorts to locking off wings like they did with ICC.
>>
>>336225127
Statistic shows it was the most popular expansion, being one of the expansion with fastest growing subs and peaked. You may not like it, but it was still the most popular expansion to date.
TBC was a shit fest with how bosses worked and was impossible to defeat without nerfs. It had cool dungeons, but in general I didn't like it very much.
Before anyone says anything, I did raid SWP, but only got to Mu'ru before I got burnt out and waited for wotlk instead.
Personally, I have to say when it comes to raids wotlk > vanilla > tbc > pandaria > cata > draenor.
>>
>>336225250
Wasn't Yogg killed by some Asian guild pre-nerf?

I actually progressed Lady Vashj and Kaelthas pre-nerf, those were fun times. Also, Al'ar with 4 hunters and snake traps + everyone in the raid having to be soul stoned? Fun times, indeed.
I don't miss those broken fights, at all.
>>
>>336225297
Yeah bad luck sucks, I'm on the complete opposite of that spectrum since I got them mythic warforged our second kill

It's also worth noting that the tusks themselves are an extra roll not tied to what normally drops, and it's 1%
>>
>>336225479
>I don't miss those broken fights, at all.
Was about to call you out on your statements until I read that. It was dumb fun. But I too don't miss that shitfest.
>>
>>336225440
>fastest growing subs
Wrath did not see substantial sub growth. What Wrath achieved was maintaining a consistently high sub level. Only Vanilla and TBC saw huge growth throughout their lifespans.
>>
>>336225440
Have you done any Heroic raiding in MoP?
Because I can't see how anything from wotlk or vanilla is supposed to be better than the MoP raids.
>>
>>336225653
Sorry, was wrong. TBC was the fastest growing expansion, so I take back that statement.

>>336225697
Did mythic. It was more about the feel of some boss fights. Mechanic wise, they were far superior in pandaria, but the fight themselves were boring as hell other than a selected few. Favorite in pandaria being Lei Shen. I'm a little bit biased about WotlK because the whole point I played wow was for defeating the lich king at some point and Ulduar was just perfect for me and despite unpopular opinion, Trial of the crusader because of no trash. I hate trash.
>>
>>336225653
Honestly wow would've been better if they didn't add more classes and focused on polishing the old ones without making them all the same. People bitch about 1% differences in damage, well you can't have it all I'm afraid and that's why wow sucked ass. They should've made the game gimmicky that you could cheese with certain classes that didn't deal enough damage.
>>
>>336225576
So many raid bosses in TBC were overtuned or completely broken and class mechanics were so boring (I played a Hunter back then) but I do agree. It was dumb fun.
>>
>>336225998
>Hunter
At least you had a bit more chill role. I played a holy paladin.
>>
>>336225998
>class mechanics were so boring
Keep in mind they were all much, much improved from vanilla. Hunters, for example, didn't have to feign death and drink in TBC to restore their mana since they had Aspect of the Viper.
>>
>>336226069
>chill role
I had to use that stupid steady shot/kill command macro all night long. Had it bound to my mouse wheel and did nothing but mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down all night long. But because the scorpid pet was broken for hunters, you still ended up being #1 in the meters.
That shit was so depressing.
>>
>>336225653
Funny thing is we only know total concurrent subs, not turnover. For all we know wotlk might've had 10mil jump ship but 10mil new players joined, while mop might've had 4 mil leave but only 1 mil join. (Could be completely different, but they've never released those types of figures). There's been over 100m total players.
>>
>>336226270
Was scorpion broken in the beginning? I remember everyone going for dragonhawk or wind serpent later on in the expansion and telling me when I alt raided to use those.
>>
>>336223895
I hope you realize we are working for him next expansion right
>>
>>336226334
Wrath undoubtedly had a lot of turnover. You have to keep in mind that Wrath was when they were pushing advertising hard, like with all those celebrity TV spots.
>>
>>336226408
>all those celebrity TV spots.
The Ozzy one was fucking baller.
>>
>>336226408
>WoW actually had a celebrity tie-in deal with fucking Mr. T
I had nearly forgotten about those stupid mohawk grenades but they really were a thing.
>>
File: Lich_King!.jpg (68 KB, 640x487) Image search: [Google]
Lich_King!.jpg
68 KB, 640x487
>>336223625
>spend the entirerity of Warcraft 3 and it's expansion bulding up the Lich King
>waste him as a boss in MMO expansion instead of saving him for Warcraft 4
Biggest fucking disappointment in gaming history
>>
>>336226358
I don't remember the correct values but its poison dot was broken for Beast Master hunters and accounted for most of the hunters damage.
It got nerfed hard some time during BT progression which is when people started using dragonhawks.

>>336226204
Viper was a big dps loss though, which is why you usually ended up with a shadow priest (aka mana battery) in your group. But yeah, having to fd and drink in vanilla was stupid, especially as a horde hunter who ended up having to drink several times during those long fights
>>
>I solo'd the Lich King with my Paladin last fall
and it would be even easier now
>>
>>336226736
Warcraft is ded m8, tarnished forever. There will never be a Warcraft 4.
>>
>>336224775
>Wrath makes it 100% clear that LK is Arthas-only now.
>In fact they killed Ner'zhul's spirit off in the WotLK prequel novel
Jesus Chist that's fucking stupid. it does away with the whole "Now we are one" thing at the end of TFT just because Blizzard are too lazy to explain the origins of both Arthas and Ner'zhul to WoW babbies.
>>
>>336223625
DID NOBODY SERIOUSLY TAKE BOLVAR'S ADVICE AT THE END?

>LEAVE THIS PLACE AND NEVER RETURN

IT MEANT LEAVE THIS FUCKING GAME BECAUSE CATACLYSM AND BEYOND IS GOING TO BE A TRAINWRECK
>>
File: blinkbow.jpg (96 KB, 850x408) Image search: [Google]
blinkbow.jpg
96 KB, 850x408
https://youtu.be/Ujh0VHCW3cY

Dude, rainbows lmao
>>
>>336225087
but it didn't kill muradin
>>
>>336226736
I refuse the acknowledge the retarded hulk from WotLK as the Lich King. The cinematic trailer aside, he was completely butchered in that game
>lol Ner'zhul doesn't exist anymore
>Arthas had good inside him all along
Warcraft officially ended with TFT for me
>>
>>336226894
Kek
>>
>>336227032
Blizzard is worse than comic book writers when it comes to keeping characters dead
>>
>>336223625
i quit the game not long after raiding icc with my guild one last time in summer of 2010. ulduar was the funnest time i ever had in a mmo, i'll always have good memories of wow but im glad i quit.
>>
File: aahhahajokesonyou.jpg (61 KB, 600x894) Image search: [Google]
aahhahajokesonyou.jpg
61 KB, 600x894
jokes on you, i never played WoW! i was only merely pretending to play this game for all this time!
>>
>>336224775
Doesn't the Frost DK artifact quest involve you going into the helm and finding out that Arthas' soul is being tortured by Ner'zhul? Arthas is a good boy who gonna lead the Forsaken after Sylvanas is killed off.
>>
>>336223625
Standing in queue for the BC release.
>>
>>336223816
because it was normal mode?
>>
>>336223625
>i see only darkness before me.
i get it! he was talking about WoW!
>>
>>336223816
Pretty sure melee had it worse on heroic mode though.
>>
>a bunch of brainless undead stuck in northrend are somehow more dangerous without anything telling them what to do than with a leader who is able to grant them a singular goal
Okay, metzen.
>>
>>336225479
>Wasn't Yogg killed by some Asian guild pre-nerf?
Yes, with Warlock spam.
Otherwise it was mathematically impossible.
>>
>>336226841
I was dissapointed by this in wrath I thought the alliance would face arthas and the horde nerzhul. the fact that they are going from one to the other is fucking stupid.
>>
File: TimelessIsle.jpg (428 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
TimelessIsle.jpg
428 KB, 1680x1050
I enjoyed Mists of Pandaria. Especially Timeless Isle. I miss it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqj6ACgT1c
>>
>>336226403
Yeah, and he's already sounding like an evil motherfucker.
>>
>>336228561
Fucking valkyries man
>>
>>336229058
Bringing 5 Warlocks wasn't outside of any guild's possibilities, other guilds were just crybabies they didn't think about turning around while channeling Drain Soul.
>>
>>336229860
UTK was supposed to have a raid initially...
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.