[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was the better version, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1562768.jpg (65 KB, 415x291) Image search: [Google]
1562768.jpg
65 KB, 415x291
Which was the better version, /v/?
>>
>>336223114
The Jap version since it had much better music and Grant that wasn't broken and unplayable.
The English version was literally shit out as a romhack to cut costs since they didn't want to manufacture the more expensive chips packed in the Japanese cart.
>>
>>336223114
The Japanese release has a better soundtrack (not that the Western release is bad there) but it's also pretty easy. I prefer the Western release's difficulty; Grant not throwing knives with every attack relegated him to navigation only. Not a big loss for me since the only character I really enjoy playing is Trevor.

I prefer Akumajou Densetsu overall, but the higher difficulty in Dracula's Curse is definitely a plus.
>>
File: bad future.jpg (221 KB, 1070x723) Image search: [Google]
bad future.jpg
221 KB, 1070x723
>>336223114
I don't know. I don't know but fuck that.

Why can't I het the goddamn Symphony ofthe Night in Vita's Dracula X Chronicles?

I got the true ending.
I got the vase at 3' where the game item was supposed to be.

And nothing. Nowhere in the menus, both the main one and the Rondo of Blood one.

I don't care about the original game. I was told there will be Symphony ofthe Night together woth this. Fuck that bullshit
>>
>>336223114
JP
no question
>>
The Japanese version certainly wins in the music department, and I like Alucard being at least as durable as Trevor. The demon rabbits having their true sprites is another plus.

The US version did have a difficulty system that fit better with Castlevania 1 and the rest of the series though, but it may have arguably thrown off the balance of the game. However, I haven't played the Japanese one to determine that firsthand. Another positive for the US version is that it changed Dracula's lasers in the final fight. Not only were the longer beams more threatening in general, but Dracula could actually aim the shots at you no matter where you went. He looks far too easy to beat in the Japanese version.
>>
>>336224489
I wouldn't call the JP version easy. Still, no matter the difficulty, it's a more balanced game because of it's difficulty. The western version just had its difficulty ramped out artificially(yes, that is correct use of the term) to keep kids from beating it in one weekend, forcing them to rent it again.
>>
>>336226112
You need to find it you fucking faggot.
It's a collectible secret hidden on one of the DXC stages you fucking retard.
Same with original Rondo and that Kid Dracula game.
>>
>>336223114
Nip version by far
>>
>>336228918
"Artificial difficulty" is a nonsense term. Is it difficult or not? The enemies dealing more damage makes the game actually more difficult, unless you're good enough to avoid damage entirely. I don't see how the Japanese version is more "balanced."
>>
>>336228918
This. The American version arbitrarily removed a checkpoint before the final boss for example, which didn't increase the difficulty at all but made it take way longer to learn his patterns and beat him.
>>
>>336231007
Dracula's enemy behavior is different too, though.
>>
>>336230943
>I don't see how the Japanese version is more "balanced."
Grant actually being useful in the JP version.
>>
Here's a better question:
Sypha's route or Alucard's route?
>>
>>336232292
Sypha for first playthrough.
Alucard for second.
>>
>>336231981
I think he's a bit overpowered.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.